Oh my: Palin to guest host the “Today” show on Tuesday

posted at 3:45 pm on April 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Someone tweeted about it last night but I ignored it, figuring that a Palin/“lamestream media” alliance had to be an early April Fools gag. But then I remembered what GMA is up to this week. Now it makes sense: Palin gets a chance to one-up her old nemesis and “Today” gets a morning of must-see TV for right and left alike designed to steal Katie’s ratings thunder. It’s an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” deal. For a day, at least.

Said Palin to Breitbart.com:

“I see this as a good opportunity to bring an independent, common-sense conservative perspective to NBC. We’re ‘going rogue’ and infiltrating some turf for a day,” Palin told Breitbart News…

When Breitbart News asked for a comment about the fact that she will be competing with Couric, Gov. Palin responded simply: “Game on.”

If she and Katie end up goofing on each other on air, I’m going to leave my body and attain a state of total traffic nirvana. One question, though: Is this just a lark for Palin or a signal that she’s thinking of a career move into full-time TV? InstaGlenn’s post this morning reminded me what Andrew Breitbart said to John Hawkins in an interview last April:

Hollywood, that’s where the Left controls the debate and the narrative. Same goes with journalism. I think it’s more important.

That’s why I’ve been saying for two years that Sarah Palin could become a billionaire as a red state Oprah and do shows that are similar to the template of Oprah for the same audience — but instead of the victim template, use the hero template. Make it more uplifting, not about how this person was victimized in this way and we’re going to make this person whole by giving him a house or a year’s supply of diapers, but go out there and find the heroes and start showing people the American experience is not about political correctness and it’s not about multi-culturalism. It’s about E Pluribus Unum. It’s about there being a common American cultural dynamic.

Is this the first step? Exit question: “Today” is also promising the return on Monday of a “surprise legend.” Who’s that? I assume it’s Jane Pauley but all theories are welcome.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Dire and Buckshot – you both are probably right. I do not fault her for not running. It was disappointing though at the time. I don’t know if she would have won the nom, but she would have raised the standard of debates toward more conservatism and hitting Obama in the teeth.

Stray Cat on April 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

She’d have crushed Mittens. He11, Newt and Santy were crushing him, for a while. Palin is actually popular, and she’d have had a wave of money coming in constantly.

The establishment Rinos would have moved their support to either Pawlenty, who had a better chance at winning the general than Romney anyway, or they’d have pushed Christie/Daniels to join even harder.

Romney was never their real favorite, which actually mirrors our own problems getting real cons to join the race. I don’t think anyone really wanted Newt or Santy, their just left. If Perry was still here, he’d be the ABR candidate right now.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Ha Ha Ha! 500!!!

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Likewise, you’re only projecting your psuedo conservatism writ fascism on Santorum that he’s gonna force us to do something based on his theology, when the truth is it is your theology of moderate liberalism crap that you want to force us to accept.

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

And I thought only Nancy Pelosi is calling us Nazis. Oh well …

Gelsomina on April 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

So, what is this “TODAY Show”, I don’t really watch television. Certainly nothing that isn’t on cable or involving blue boxes with unexpectedly spacious interiors.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

She would shake things up and that’s why she is liked and disliked. Few politicians would have the guts.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

What you are implying is that “the establishment” consists of people who have never really worked in their lives. It’s the lazy, spoiled aristocrats against the honest working classes all over again.

Gelsomina on April 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Not even close. You’re saying that. I’m pointing out that dismissing conservatives with accomplishments who didn’t go to the right school or don’t speak the Queen’s English and talk like, say, soccer moms, or don’t try to placate the people in power is the height of douchbaggery. Conservatives who are rich and successful and bright and talented are a valuable resource to America. But to stick your head in the sand and say there aren’t a large group of people who have their best interests in the status quo is ignorant beyond belief.

Dongemaharu on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thanks for posting that.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Dongemaharu on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

But, she eats her pizza with a fork! She’s totally not one of us “common people”. She’s too egalitarian. /

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM

THIS is why Sarah Palin has a lot of support among conservatives for POTUS. She refuses to accept the status quo and the way things havealwaysbeendone. Our country is at a tipping point and a “go along to get along” Romney type doesn’t have the stuff to change the insider elites and wrest the power from their hands. They are running our country into the ground and also sitting on the sidelines while Obama destroys our country.

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thanks, Karen! I’m standing up and cheering! Peace out to you heaters!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Haters. D’oh!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

She is NOT on the same level as the President to be throwing debate challenges.

If she wants to debate Obama she needs to go through the primary and EARN that right a nominee. Unfortunately she chickened out like a b%$#^

liberal4life on April 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Earn that right? Sarah Palin is a private United States citizen, and as such, BARACK OBAMA IS HER EMPLOYEE. This is the problem with liberals, they don’t have a damned clue how a republic works.

PalinLover on April 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

over 500 comments and still counting.
the silent majority speaks. will the gope listen. nope.

pitchforks baby. pitchforks.

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thanks, Karen! I’m standing up and cheering! Peace out to you heaters!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Gee, what’s more pathetic, the “peace out” or the “heaters”?

M240H on April 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Palin is someone GOP delegates might be able to unify around in the case of a hopelessly deadlocked convention. She is seen positively by Gingrich voters (85/7), Santorum supporters (80/10), and Romney ones (57/27) alike. That’s a contrast to Romney who is disliked by both Santorum (38/48) and Gingrich (32/54) voters and Santorum who is disliked by Romney (38/48) voters and only seen narrowly favorably by Gingrich (46/42) backers.

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Heh. That’s something these mitt-bots can’t get thru their thick skulls. Sorta like the libs shocked, shocked that SCOTUS might actually find something unconstitutional in ObamneyCare. Well, it’s the same thing the the delegates. They may be bound to a candidate, but once they’ve cast their mandatory vote, they’re free to vote for whoever they want. I see the mitt-bots protestations much like the Wizard — pay no attention to the conservatives, it’s been ordained that Mittness shall win, blah blah. Bring on the convention and let us fight for the soul of the party.

Palin 2012. ;)

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

PalinLover on April 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

You do realize, that to L4L, this is racist statement, right?

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Only 500+ comments on an April Fool’s Day Palin thread in 6 hours. Hot Gas is definitely slipping. Will we make 1000+ by morning?

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

PalinLover on April 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cool! So we all get to challenge Obama to a debate because he works for us. Is this a great country or what?!

As for you idiot children who think I’m jealous of my husband’s past support for Palin, gosh, you’re right. The only reason I supported the very handsome Mitt was to get back at my husband because he liked Palin. Oh wait! I was for Mitt before anyone knew who Palin was. Darn, that kinda blows your ridiculous theories. It is very revealing about you all though. Getting crushes on politicians to the point you actually imagine someone’s husband or wife might be jealous. Pathetic…

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Sarah, what is good in life?

Sarah: “To crush the Liberals, drive them before you, and hear the lamentation of Katie Couric.”

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You do realize, that to L4L, this is racist statement, right?

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Yeah, but I don’t give a fig. I’m done being called a racist by a bunch of racists who can’t see their hypocrisy through their stupidity.

PalinLover on April 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Agreed. I find I must do this alot with my friends, too.
Some hear it and are stunned, (sort of like Juan Wms, and lately Chris Matthews on Ocare).
Yet some still refuse to acknowledge the truth when spoken … but that’s not b/c they haven’t heard it, at least once.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Gotta be patient and slow with them. Indoctrination is hard to let go. I just very patiently and with a even tone state the facts and always end with “check google – the press doesn’t tell us everything”, like they too can have some control and be more informed, that it’s easy and right there. It’s always fun watching them finally turn. They may not come all the way over, but they are willing to think and best of all start discounting the LSM.

Keep fighting the good fight! You must have seen at least one start to grow the seeds of mistrust towards The Party Line. ;)

kim roy on April 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM

That was The Donald..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Palin will not be the nominee.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Well, if the jackass’ PAC called me out in an attack ad, you’re darned right I’d challenge him to a debate. No kings here in America. Barry puts his breeches on just like I do, one leg at a time.

PalinLover on April 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

but I’m glad that she’s out there, getting Obama’s panties in a bunch.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Palin will not be the nominee.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

So what?

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh Sarah the things I do for you.
Watching the Today Show?
Only for Sarah.

If she goes on Chrissie Tingles Matthews show–that’s where I draw the line.

bailey24 on April 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

That was The Donald..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

“Fine, but she’s totally unqualified to be president because she wore a Pink outfit on FoxNews once!” – Rombots

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

The hair, the glasses…LOL

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

And I thought only Nancy Pelosi is calling us Nazis. Oh well …
Gelsomina on April 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Funny that. I did not know that the Nazis had a lock on fascism. But I do know that RomneyCare is a beefed up Nazi healthcare plan involving private insurers. Funny how these things come full circle. Another thing that Nazis pride themselves on is their management skills. They love it so much, they have a class of their own ‘beamter’.

There’s a few other parallels I see between the cult of Mittness and the Nazi party, but you’re so heart and soul into it, you can’t see it.

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

The hair, the glasses…LOL

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Don’t forget that voice ;)

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM

This is for the haters, from a poster over at Breitbart:

(original author is Dewey Whetsell)

Alaskan Fisherman talks about Sarah Palin

The last 45 of my 66 years I’ve spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it…It’s not about persona, style, rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I’m about to mention here.

1 – Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar. But while you’re thinking, I’ll continue.

2 – Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So, she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES”. Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them “don’t let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3 – The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as “pork”. She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the “when hell freezes over” stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we’ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning, I imagine, that she’s packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4 – Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn’t impress you, then you’re trying too hard to be unimpressed while
watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn’t start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things
done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, and look cool. But that’s just a cover-up. I’m still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won’t be holding my breath.

By the way, she was content to to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn’t let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

- – – – – –

THIS is why Sarah Palin has a lot of support among conservatives for POTUS. She refuses to accept the status quo and the way things have always been done. Our country is at a tipping point and a “go along to get along” Romney type doesn’t have the stuff to change the insider elites and wrest the power from their hands. They are running our country into the ground and also sitting on the sidelines while Obama destroys our country.

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

See now this is a good post. A summary of Palin’s accomplishments instead of others lazily calling contrarians Mittbots & Rombots. Thanks Karen.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I figured this thread would bring out the usual Palin bashers..

Look, I’ll support the nominee, and my primary vote is already cast. So if the Santorum folks do mange to force a brokered convention, where the delegates are free to choose.. if they picked Sarah,.. I’d be more than pleased, worried we could rally the public around her, but pleased to see a politician running I actually like for a change.

If that “offends” someone.. oh well…. my 13 year old loves her, and she wants a role model that postive, to me is a good thing.. so scuse me if I ignore the Palin hate mongers..

She’s not running, so whatever your issues are, I really don’t much care.

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Don’t forget that voice ;)

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM

And here family…?

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Romney isn’t a Nazi. The Nazi’s invented animal rights legislation. Romney’s a dog hater.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

No, I think she was kind of handed the right to do that *after* he lobbed an attack ad at her.

Now what kind of “President” does that against someone who isn’t running? We already know the answer to this one.

We all can say or demand what we want to demand. Isn’t that wonderful in a free society? However, when we get an attack ad all to ourselves it greatly increases our credibility, doesn’t it?

kim roy on April 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

MEEEOOOWWW!!

The jealousy of Danish is funny to watch. It must burn Danish that here is a conservative woman who is charismatic, thoughtful, articulate, photogenic, and people want to hear from her. But no one will listen to the bitter, angry, ugly, and inarticulate rantings of a Mittwit.

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM

And it goes in one ear and out the other. People have posted Palin’s accomplishments ad nauseam since 2008. Doesn’t matter. Haters gonna hate.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

If his campaign uses me in an ad, sure, I have a right to call him out on it.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM

And she doesn’t mind taking the hit, but only for those things she actually said,

narciso on April 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Buy Danish
 on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Nah. It ain’t that.you just want to hitch your political future on his coattail. Hence the astroturf on every Palin thread trying convince us rubes that Sarah’s an idiot.

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Palin will not be the nominee.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

maybe not in 2012 but it will occur at some point in the not too distant future. mosty likely after Mitt gets crushed or Mitt wins and makes Obama seem like a good POTUS. Like Reagan I can see Palin primarying a sitting POTUS.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

:’( What could have been…

pannw on April 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I have always wondered what happened during that break in the tour that made her decide not to run.

Stray Cat on April 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Internal poll numbers..:)

Dire Straits on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

It’s hard to keep up. She’s only in it for the money, but she declined to run because she wouldn’t win…even though she’d still have come out of it having made oodles of money due to oodles more publicity.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM

It should be a cautionary tale to those that think the media is powerless. they are more powerful then ever. If they could take a Grade A person like Palin with her great acomplishments and reduce her in the minds of the idiots to a money hungry bimbo think what they can and will do to the grade C candidates like Mitt. simply look at how the mind numb believe Newt is Satan and Rick will impose his beliefs on the unfaithful..

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM

2016 might be too late. Let’s work on getting more conservative congresscritters & senators elected, in addition to defeating Obama this year.

That’s the best way to feel a little more ease w/ voting for Romney, if he’s the nominee.

Bill Whittle has a good video on PJTV that states that if Obama gets four more years – it’s because too many conservatives stayed home and didn’t vote to beat him.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Romney shill? Hardly, although I’ve contributed money to his campaign.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Oh, boy. No offense, but you know what they say about a fool and his money…

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

:’( What could have been…

pannw on April 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I’m waiting to see what’s coming..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Heh. Their benevolent dictator also came up with a bunch of idealistic good things. That’s the problem with them, eventually they turn on you. What we inherited is so much better, the right to get something wrong, without some superior telling us they know what’s best for us.

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

No, that’s a level 3 Godwin violation, Romney is more like those token candidates against Chavez, Salas and the like,

narciso on April 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Since the 2008 campaign, Sarah has not shrunk from service but committed herself to the cause of restoring honor to America and giving a voice to those whom others ignore. It’s worth noting that among the poorest and most disadvantaged Republicans, polls reflect that Sarah is most favorably viewed. Why? Because Sarah is a woman who connects with compassion, class and a courageous spirit…

In 2010, one of my friends, John Willoughby, ran as a Republican candidate for Congress here in Hawaii. Despite being a retired U.S. Navy officer who served during the Battle of Mogadishu – known to the rest of us as the Black Hawk Down incident – he was brushed aside and lightly esteemed by local conservatives, who said he could never win.

When Willoughby won his contested Republican primary, while people were still saying my friend couldn’t win, Sarah was the first national personality to endorse him. Sarah, who understood what it was like to be lightly esteemed, consistently shows honor and respect to all those who put their names on the line to serve their country.

In 2011, when I wanted to present one of my Hawaii friends with a unique birthday present, I requested a personalized autograph from Sarah with a birthday message. Sarah gladly provided it.

Say what you will about Sarah Palin. The real Sarah is a woman of incredible humility, character and honor who, God willing, will one day return to elected politics and not just change the game, but stop Washington’s playing of games at taxpayer expense

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Buy Danish could be red hot for all I know. But female Palin fans do tend to be nice-looking and secure, or so it seems.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

you’re welcome…all the good folks on hotgas love me

I am articulate, smart, and witty like Ronald Wilson Reagan

nparga23 on April 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Are you williamg? Be honest, I promise I won’t tell anyone.

RINO in Name Only on April 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM

C’mon – admit it! That’s your Brother: “RINO in Crane Only”!!

williamg on April 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

So much effort wasted when the goal is sitting there wide open…

Worrying about SP being in the 2012 or debating her worthiness right now is a waste and a distraction: She didn’t declare then, she can’t run now, and unless someone jobs my memory, she hasn’t come out in attack mode against Romney.

Romney may very well be the nominee, and unless we agree to coalesce behind him, he won’t beat Obama…and at this time *any* can beat him….Cripes, *Bloomberg* can beat this guy.

Stop worrying about what a Romney Presidency might be…You already know what a 2nd term of Obama will be.

To me, that’s worse.

ABO 2012.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

MEEEOOOWWW!!

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Ha! Someone is project-inggggggggggggggg. You Palinskyites are unbelievably immature and (dare I suggest?) emotionally stunted. What’s it like to view politics through the lens of a catty clique of third grade brats?

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Here we go….

It just gets better..:)

“Palin is coming Tuesday as a live guest in the 7 a.m. hour for an interview on the political news of the day. Then she will co-host the 8 a.m. hour and take part in some of the show segments,” a rep for NBC tells E! News. (E! and Today and both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

That means we’ll not only get to hear Palin’s thoughts on the current events, but she’ll take a seat at the anchor desk alongside Matt Lauer and Ann Curry as well.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/game_changer_sarah_palin_set_cohost/305586#ixzz1qqXrNBN8

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

No bill is wrong. If Obama gets four more years it is because the “smart people” in the gop establishment did not give conservatives a reason to go to the polls. The gop establishmnet attacked and turned on the TEa party, they heap scorn on conservatives 24/7 in their talking points expecting the conservatives to be good little voters and vote for them regardless of what they say or how they treat conservatives. Many in the gop laugh at groups like the poor, or blacks or gays for voting almost 100% dem every year and say the dem party is keeping them on the “plantation” well the gop party establishment is doing the same to conservatives and unlike those groups mentioned at least the dems throw those groups some bones now and then. the gop gives nothing to conservatives, no positions of power within the party, no major bills, no major efforts to repeal socialist laws, no desire for a balanced budget and yet people like Bill want to blame conservatives for Mitt’s defeat?

Really? Maybe you and bill need to place the blame wher eit belongs the gop establishment who treats conservatives worse than dirt.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Buy Danish could be red hot for all I know.
ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You got two things right in one night. Progress!

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Reading all of Danish’s comments on many Palin threads for the last three years, leads me to believe that she is an ugly person on the inside. I don’t care if she looks like Raquel Welch or Katy Perry, a person who is ugly on the inside always shows more.

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

To me, that’s worse.

ABO 2012.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You are are so right. We should just embrace hope and change. /

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Says the one who’s spent the past couple of years at least parsing every statement Palin’s made for grammatical errors…and if there are none, wondering who it was that really wrote whatever. Oh, and IIRC on one occasion taking Palin to task for a god-awful pink suit she was wearing. Uh-huh. Now point out to me some remarks of mine ever mentioning the appearance or attire of Mitt Romney. Or his grammar, for that matter.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You got two things right in one night. Progress!

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Yeah, well, I’ve got to give you a standard to try to reach.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Palin and other Frontier Americans can hopefully save the world from the useless elites. They continually make the wrong decisions or no decisions at all. They constantly punish productivity and reward depravity. Only a true reformer like Palin can accomplish the task.

Grunt on April 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

If Sarah was running then your point might be valid.

Get a clue between now & the election. None of us wants four more years of Obama.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM

You know she tried that approach, that Andrew suggested,on the one special she did in the spring of 2010, around Easter, all sorts of carp was spread to denigrate it, from the profile of LL Cool J to the ratings,

narciso on April 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Well, he does have great hair. You’ve got to admit that.

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

So who are the classic liberals here? We who say vote your principles and go in peace or those who damn those who refuse to March in lock step? Look in the mirror, puppet stooge.

AH_C on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Um, ‘puppet stooge’? I’m putting my money where my mouth is, contributing to the campaign of the remaining GOP primary candidate with the best chance of defeating President Obama in the general election. Meanwhile, Sarah Palin is still not running. If you don’t support Romney, then don’t support him. Meanwhile, Sarah Palin is still not running. If you lash out and name-call everyone who disagrees with you and doesn’t believe Palin is capable of being a good President, then you’re not likely to persuade anyone of the rightness of your cause, whatever your cause might be since–and here it is again–Sarah Palin is still not running.

You say Romney doesn’t have a chance, that Sarah Palin would do a better job? Okay. That’s the beauty of fantasy. You can imagine whatever you like, no harm no foul. Daydreams are fine. But here’s the thing: Romney and Santorum and Gingrich and Perry and Bachmann and Cain and all the rest took a chance and went for the big brass ring. They stepped up. Your hero didn’t. She opted out. That’s the reality of it. It is what it is, and we go up against Obama with what we’ve got, not with what some of you wish we had.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Uh Huh. Palin 2016!

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’m waiting to see what’s coming..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

:) I like your optimism! I also like seeing you around again; it seems like it’s been awhile, though I’ve been hanging around HotAir less myself. Anyway, glad to see you (and unseen, too). Maybe some of your optimism will rub off. I’m afraid I don’t have a lot these days, and it’s a crying shame; I was always a very optimistic person. I think I’ve been paying too much attention to politics/world events. And Sarah got out of the race…

But at least she’s still in the fight. We’ll see… :)

pannw on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hold on there, Unseen. As a member of that “Conservative GOP Base” and a Tea Party member at that, some of us are missing the point.

We already know this is the issue with the Party leadership; the Tea Party was supposed to be the wave to help clear out the deadwood…but did you really think it was gonna happy quick or easy? That those entrenched that didn’t have our best interest wouldn’t fight back?

That being said…as bad as the GOP Leadership may be now…Obama administration is a hell of alot worse…for us, the Dems (whether they believe it or not) and the country as a whole.

Conservatives have our beachhead. The party knows we can mobilize and if need be take back ground. Take time to root out the worse of ‘em and make sure they can’t get back…but we *need* time.

I look at Ronmey as trying the price to pay. I look at Newt or Santoruim, whomever the nominee is as buying us 4 years to stop this backass-slide into economic servitude that we’ve worked up to.

Don’t you see- Whoever it is, we need to support. Is it 2008 all over again? Yeah it is. So what? We better work 2x as hard, because you *see* what happened when we allowed ourselves to lose sight of the larger battle.

ABO 2012…nothing less will do.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

kim roy on April 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Eh. Sure it’s a free country and she can say or demand whatever she wants, but he is under no obligation to agree to debate her. I don’t disagree at all that Obama is persecuting private citizens and that that is despicable. Palin’s hardly the only one he’s doing that do. Rush, the Koch Brothers, Fox News, the list is endless (and unlike Palin, none of them are politicians who considered running for President), but that doesn’t confer upon them the “right” to debate him one on one. That’s just silly. They can (and do) counteract his demagoguery via the media, talk radio, social media, and so forth.

Frankly, ever since Newt started this Lincoln-Douglas debate nonsense, I’m more apt to ridicule debate challenges anyway…

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I’ll take divided government for $200 Alex.

Looking at Mitt’s records tells me clearly that a Mitt win will not change much. Certain people will benifit more than those in power now. Our lives as avg citizens will not change much they will continue to get worse. Outsourcing will still occur, Nafta will remain the law of the land more of our freedoms will be given away to world orgs like the UN. Under Mitt the socialists are more likely to be able to get cap and trade passed. Jus tlike under Bush it was easier to get the Patriot act and homeland security bill passed and push the nation into two wars.

Add in Mitt’s ideology and worldview and it just clarifies it. At this point I could give two figs on who wins between Mitt and Obama. don’t take my word for it. Take the puppet master’s words for it:

Billionaire investor and philanthropist George Soros told Reuters Global Editor-at-Large Chrystia Freeland that he still supported President Barack Obama, but predicted voters would not be very enthusiastic about the 2012 elections if former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was nominated by Republicans.

“Well, look, either you’ll have an extremist conservative, be it Gingrich or Santorum, in which case I think it will make a big difference which of the two comes in,” he said. “If it’s between Obama and Romney, there isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them.”

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

But at least she’s still in the fight. We’ll see… :)

pannw on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Be clear, we’re here, get used to it..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

So, Unseen. Which candidate do *you* think will be the best standard-bearer for the Conservative Party?

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Thats because your boy is as stiff as his moussed up hair. Someone who has no charisma should be worried about debating Obama.

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

MEEEOOOWWW!!

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Yep its most amusing watching Jealous Danish pretend not to be jealous while being jealous and uppity.

SparkPlug on April 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Btw, now that the Brotherhood’s moneyman Shater, is running for President of Egypt, a tip to Mittens, for having been so optimistic
about the Egyptian Revolution, since jihad is not part of Islam.

narciso on April 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Childish one: Parsing a politician’s speech doesn’t have a damn thing to do with jealousy. Do you think we should pay no heed to how a politician speaks, writes, or looks? Seriously, what is your point?

As for whether or not you yourself have ever commented on Romney’s appearance or attire – I could not care less if you have or haven’t! But surely you don’t deny that people do comment on his appearance. You know, like his…..hair. The diff is I don’t go around whining about it or make asinine claims that it’s a sign of jealousy. To suggest I’d waste my time searching for examples of you doing this is, well, astonishing. Meanwhile, gosh, don’t you often make tedious jokes about used-car salesmen blah blah blah? If I wrack my brain I might come up with an example. Wait! I’ve got it! You made a a joke just tonight about selling reverse mortgages. You know who does that? True Con Fred Thompson, the guy Hot Air clung to until the bitter end in 2008. What delicious irony….

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

ABO 2012…nothing less will do.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

while I understand your point and agree to a certain degree I have slowly come to the realization it doesn’t matter how many foot soldiers we mobilize or how many congressional seats we take. Without conservatives in positions of power within the party it makes no difference. So I can not support a liberal as the gop standard bearer for while he might be a shade better than Obama the end result like with bush will throw the country into the hands of the marxists like Bush’s terms did in 2008. It was only by making the dem party come out and take ownership for their soocialism that the conservatives were able to win their 700+ seats in 2010. electing a liberal republican to give the dems cover and confuse the parties to again be almost the same serves conservatism nor our nation.

Don’t believe me? think if Mitt would have won in 2008. Is there anybody that thinks for one second Mitt would not have taken his “healthcare mandate” and fashioned a law much like Obamacare and what would have happened if a republican had done so. there would have been no major push by red states to fight the law in the courts, blue states would have been happy. the opposition to the Romneycare national law would not have had Fox news on its side, nor many of talk radio. there is a benifit to having one party claim socialism and one party reject it.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Nonsense. All but the most rabid of her admirers seem to tire of her voice eventually…she could never last. I’m at the point where I avoid her on camera at all costs, and there is very little I disagree with her on, policy-wise.

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

“If Obama wins, it will be because Romney failed to get more EV’s than him.” – Captain Obvious

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I thought the beauty of conservative thought is its focus on ideas and principles NOT anecdotal musings about what the women who comment or are fans of palin.

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM

You are going to go nuts when the Canadians take over the world.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thanks for posting that.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yes, thank you.

Amjean on April 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I’ve made no secret that I think Palin is a once in a generational leader for conservatism. rubio and West show promise but take one step forward then one step back. Ryan is too tied to the establishment. regardless it would take someone not of the establishment to change course. the Rise of Gov Palin shows those people are out there. Maybe someone we have not be introduced to yet will emerge in the coming years and have the same type of character and honor to rally conservatism back to the Reagan era. Maybe Palin will once again do it like she did in 2010.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

By far the greatest living spokesperson for Conservatism, she is just so good. Big mic, big screen, big name recognition, big following, big cred, big thread count goddess. Allah is in nirvana. He knows his commenters very well indeed.

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

ok, fine. she better not come back playing victim after this. She is doing this on her own free will (for good money probably). I admire the cajones, but can’t have it both way. She knows they hate her guts.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

What did she do in 2010 Unseen? Saw about 55% of the people she endorsed win. Never mind that many were shoo ins and not in trouble.
of the ones she supported that didn’t make it Joe Miller was her biggest embarassment, then Angle and OD.

Maybe it is the way she said it that makes you think she was such a giant in 2010…

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Oh and big nightmares for establishment types. Living big at your expense, priceless.

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Nancym on April 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM
ButtPlug on April 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Dear illiterate nitwits, Buy Danish is one of the few high-quality commenters here at Hot Gas who remain willing to put up with you retards to reach the readers who can write in complete sentences.

We appreciate her and barely tolerate you. Sod off.

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

You are going to go nuts when the Canadians take over the world.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Why’s that?

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

But at least she’s still in the fight. We’ll see… :)

pannw on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I took time off from politics and my outlook improved. It’s hard to see things favorably when you are embedded in it day after day. While I don’t see much hope for 2012 I do see hope in that the more and longer the socialists stay in power the more america is rejecting them. Its a double edged sword that we should not need but it seems because of our success as a nation many people have forgotten how bad socialism is and how great freedom is. I hav ehope people will remember before its too late.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The Palin army marches on, picking up recruits, (and viewers) along the way..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Don’t tell me that I have to vote for Etch-a-sketch. I voted for Etch-a-sketch’s brother last time.

But people like Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace who worked on Etch-a-sketch’s brother’s campaign voted for Obama because a conservative was on the bottom of the ticket, duh!

Go yell at Nicole Wallace, and Steve Schmidt, and Peggy Noonan and David Brooks. They voted for Obama and gave you Obama as POTUS, not me.

I’ve paid my dues voting for RINO’s against my better interests. I’m done.

Etch-a-sketch can’t win the states he won in the primary in the general. Obama wins those states in November. So it doesn’t matter if I stay home. The problem is because conservatives will stay home Etch-a-sketch is toxic to the down ticket and will stop the GOPe from taking the senate. Karl Rove’s endorsement doesn’t mean snot!

Jayrae on April 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

ROFL. rewrite history much?

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Try about 75%, and without Rove and co, driving the shiv into O’Donnell, or Cornyn carrying Murkowski’s water, the number would have been higher, she picked Walker when he was a little known county exec, she was on the field at Madison, when cap n trade was
still viable, she helped stake that dead, when they were burying
Haley under a mountain of innuendo, she vouched for her character, ditto for Perry against that carpetbagger Hutchinson.

narciso on April 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Why’s that?

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

?

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

She will go on NBC showing a little skin and cleavage and you and idesign will be glued to the tv and rewatching the recording over and over.
She will help someone with a recipe and you both will take that as a brilliant strategy to reach out to women.

Tea leaves upon tea leaves!

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Fine, you can be snarky, but you didn’t disagree.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

ABO 2012…nothing less will do.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

+ 100..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on April 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Let me ask a hypothetical. If Palin endorses the Republican nominee, will Palin fans vote for him?

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM