Madness? This… is… Obamanomics!

posted at 12:45 pm on April 1, 2012 by John Hawkins

We won’t win the race for new jobs and new businesses and middle-class security if we cling to this same old, worn-out, tired `you’re on your own’ economics that the other side is peddling. It was tried in the decades before the Great Depression. It didn’t work then. It was tried in the last decade. It didn’t work. You know, the idea you would keep on doing the same thing over and over again, even though it’s been proven not to work. That’s a sign of madness.” — Barack Obama

Hear that?

According to the worst President in American history, “you’re on your own” economics, which apparently extended from the founding of the country until the day Barack Obama took office, didn’t work. Sure, it produced the most technologically advanced nation on the planet, the world’s largest economy, and made us into a super power, but that’s “madness” compared to Obamanomics, which cost us our AAA credit rating, has produced the longest streak of above 8% unemployment since the Great Depression, and is on track to produce 13 trillion dollars of debt over the next 10 years.

Listening to Barack Obama lecture ANYONE else on economics is like getting a lecture from Jimmy Carter on the proper way to execute a hostage rescue. What’s up next? Will we have Bill Maher explaining civility? Will Keith Olbermann be coming along to explain proper workplace etiquette? Hey, Champ, maybe this wasn’t explained to you at Harvard, but when you’re in the process of decimating the country’s economy through your own incompetence, people may be a little dubious when you tell them going a different way would be “madness.”

John Hawkins is a professional writer who runs Right Wing News and Linkiest. He’s also the co-owner of the The Looking Spoon. You can hear more from John Hawkins on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, You Tube, & at PJ Media.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The FLOTUS looks/acts like a complete idiot.

Schadenfreude on April 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Oh, good Lord, Almighty !!
Seein’s it was the KIDS’ Choice Awards, I can see here wearing something upbeat ….
Perhaps something like she’s previously worn in front of dignitaries ???
Lordie, that’s not only ugly, it flirts with the obscene.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Barry makes my innards ill pretty much constantly but sometimes some of the revisionist lies and utter crap that spew forth from his facehole really really make me feel ill.

NY Conservative on April 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Hear that? It’s the sound of readers leaving this site because talentless partisan hacks like Hawkins are becoming regulars here. While Obama isn’t an authoritative voice on economic theory, neither are you Hawkins.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Zero is completely clueless about economics. He is a radical socialist. If you don’t care for Mr. Hawkins work, why did you choose to post in this thread?

Zero is most responsible for where we are now and where the economy will be in November.

While it may be true that no President can wave his hand and cause the economy to boom, the OPPOSITE IS VERY TRUE. And that’s what Barry has been doing for the last 3+ years, waving his arms and making sure the economy NEVER booms.

wildcat72 on April 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Many CEOs from both dem and republican perspectives have said nothing will improve while Zero is in office.

dogsoldier on April 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

The issue with Hawkins isn’t merely substance. One can agree with some of what he’s saying, but the way he says it turns a lot of people off. It’s completely over the top and does the conservative movement no favors. We’ve already got 30% of the population who will forever vote republican, and his type of writing just serves to excite them. It’s the remaining part of the country that we need to excite and keep on our side, and as soon as they start hearing, “WORST PRESIDENT I HISTORY…CARTER WAS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BOTCHED HOSTAGE RESCUE…blah blah blah” they start thinking that the republican party is just as bad as the blowhard dems. Why do we need to encourage Keith Olberman like behavior? Have you ever looked at Hawkins’ site (RWN)? It’s over the top (and I say this having been a reader for several years). I just couldn’t take the hyperbole anymore, and frankly, I don’t want to see it here.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You’re not arguing on substance at all, near as I can tell. You don’t want to hear the supposed hyperbole that Obama is the worst president in the history of the republic, but you won’t tell us who you think is worse or why. You are under absolutely no obligation to read this or any other post, and yet you do, apparently for the sole and express purpose of telling us how much you dislike John’s style. And after warning us that readers are going to leave the site wholesale because you don’t like his writing style, you’re still here! You can call me whatever kind of names you want to, but I just don’t get it.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Americans all have to understand its the government holding them down.

Speakup on April 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

John Hawkins is a professional writer who runs Right Wing News

All i need to know about this out of touch bubble living loon.

Uppereastside on April 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Your moniker makes your statement a bit hypocritical ehh? glasshousesandallthat

NY Conservative on April 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Obama? “He Lies!”

ConcealedKerry on April 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM

CARTER WAS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BOTCHED HOSTAGE RESCUE…

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Yes he was. Apparently you have zero real knowledge of the events, but Carter interfered with every stage of the op right from the beginning. But hey, don’t let little things like the facts get in your way.

dogsoldier on April 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

re-read this:

wildcat72 on April 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

apparently you missed something…or is it willful ignorance?

NY Conservative on April 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Over the top…having been a reader for several years

It bothered you that much, yet you were a reader for so long? With all of the blog choices out there, that seems…slow.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

kkaneff79 isn’t completely wrong, just leaving off some salient points.

There was a mini-depression in 1920-21, which Harding dealt with rather well through tax cuts and spending reductions. Harding called for “intelligent and courageous deflation”, the result of his policies implementation being the roaring twenties. Action by the fed wasn’t in evidence, Milton Freidman’s theories notwithstanding.

In more recent history, the congress has been in large measure at the root of our economic distress, through what’s referred to as ‘crony capitalism’. Decisions have been made by both parties for the benefit of themselves, their families, and their corporate sponsors. Note, in every reported story on the STOCK act, ’60 minutes’ is cited, but never the underlying source document, Peter Schweizer’s book. In it, the mechanations of members of both parties are revealed.

While corruption in the current administration is considerable, it is to an extent an intensification of previously extant tendencies.

wolfsDad on April 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You’re not arguing on substance at all, near as I can tell.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

That’s because it is a Team-Ø Concern Troll who thinks he can bluff commenters here into believing his stuff. It’s obviously not working with you, me, and any number of other commenters who have told it to “Hit the bricks and don’t look back!”
In fact, kkaneff79 is mighty defensive about Ø-Team if it is not a fan of it. The self-denial doesn’t match the exposed defense, IMHO.

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I assume nothing. I am content to point out the self-referential paradox and let it speak for itself.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Over the top…having been a reader for several years…

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Simple–there was a time, when I was younger, when such writing appealed to me. I was very much in agreement with Hawkins’ ‘Us vs. them’ attitude toward the other side. I’ve come to believe that such an attitude is wrong mainly because of how often non-political people around me would recoil at the vitriol.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

The concern is thick with this one. In the part of the federal oath of office in which they talk about “enemies, foreign and domestic,” who would those “domestic” enemies be? Of course it’s “us vs. them” dipshit! The whole point of this ideological battle is that there are some who want to take from me, and a subset of that group who will do so by force! If it’s not “us vs. them,” WTBBF is the whole point?!

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

… talentless partisan hacks like Hawkins…

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

All I’m saying is that Hawkins is a hack writer … his partisan hackery …

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

…. loud mouth blow hards like Hawkins …

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Ummmm, yeah, whatever… But thanks for your concern.

farsighted on April 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM

kk is obviously an blog-bot.

pejorative pejorative noun

BobMbx on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

In one of my prior posts I did enumerate Presidents who I thought were worse. LBJ, FDR, Carter, and perhaps even GWB. Had it not been for the clusterfark of the Dubya presidency we wouldn’t be saddled with O. Like I said earlier, Dubya ran as a conservative and was anything but (unless social issues are your cup of tea). But for those of us who are against the growth of government and entitlements, the Dubya presidency was a disaster and only lead to another disaster in the name of O.

As to why I’m commenting on Hawkins’ post, I would say to you that I’m just as free to comment on it as the many who call AP a candy@ss and make RINO comparissons.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

But, it IS Us vs. Them. I am perfectly capable of having a disagreement without injecting vitriol. However, there are times when I believe vitriol is deserved–in heavy doses.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Then you should have been tipped off that those were not “non-political people.” That includes ministers and your choir director, BTW.

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

But it isn’t. There are millions of people who voted for Obama in 2008 that aren’t AGAINST YOU and what you stand for. Their vote was for the first black president, or it was a vote against Bush, or a vote against Palin, or whatver. They’re not the enemy; they’re the voters we most need to convince, and going in guns a blazin’ isn’t going to do that. It turns people off.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I didn’t say you’re not. I said I don’t get why. And I’m sure I’m inviting all kinds of ad hominem by admitting that, but I don’t.

As far as I can tell, the reason you accuse John Hawkins of “hackery” is because his posts make you feel uncomfortable. God knows I’ve had my issues with him in the past (mostly as pertains to his blogs concerning the nascent blogging industry), but I’m really getting to where I’m buying into the idea that you may be some kind of moby.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

The concern is thick with this one. [...]

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

LULZ !!!!!

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Mighty defensive? Because I simply said that the entire state of the nation’s economy is not the fault of O? Last I checked, runaway entitlement spending didn’t start in 2009. That’s not me cheerleading for Team O, that’s me pointing out that a great many douche bags that had an (R) beside their name helped to get us where we are.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hold on right there, dude. If the people who voted for Obama aren’t against what I stand for, they won’t need convincing by-definition. You need to grow a pair and get over yourself. If you’re genuine, which I highly doubt, not everyone will feel like you do about any given subject (including John Hawkins’ writing). You stink of rank cowardice and self-righteousness, and that will turn off many more wishy-washy conservatives than one pundits sort-of hyperbole will.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Whatever dude. All I’m saying is that Hawkins’ style is similar to Olberman’s, and God knows how well recieved Olberman is on our side of the fence.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I miss the old trolls. They displayed their ignorance in defending Obama’s failures. These new trolls can’t do that so they attack the blog writers directly.

That’s so Saul Alinsky.

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM

talentless partisan hacks like Hawkins…

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM
All I’m saying is that Hawkins is a hack writer … his partisan hackery …

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
…. loud mouth blow hards like Hawkins …

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

When did Hawkins kick your dog and screue your wife?

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Of course not everyone will feel the way I do about Hawkins’ writing, as evidenced by the stream of ‘dont let the door hit you on the way out’ responses. I’m not sure where you’re getting cowardice from; its certainly far easier to sit in the party tent and tow the party line. All democrats are bad! Obama hates America!

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

While I’m on my soapbox, I must point out I can’t disagree with a single word of this. HOWEVER, it is worth pointing out that it is worse now than it has been at any point in our history. However you run the numbers, that’s not hyperbole; it’s a settled question. We as a nation have managed to run up more debt in the last three years than 43 presidents did in 232 years prior. Is it just a coincidence that happened when Obama came into office? I said upthread that people who voted for Obama and aren’t against what I stand for don’t need convincing they made a mistake. Conversely, the people that ARE against what I stand for are probably beyond convincing anyway. Getting the conservative base fired up to turn out is exactly what we should be doing now.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Cowardice = “Oh noes! We might turn people off if we speak out too hardly against Obama! Rein it in!”

And in case I haven’t said it yet, you can add my name to the list of the “DLTDHY” contingency.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM

All democrats are bad! Obama hates America!

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Like I said, so Saul Alinsky.

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Whatever, “dude.” Olbermann is wrong. Olbermann is an America hater. Hawkins is neither. Grow a pair, eunuch.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Oh good grief…I have preparation H for all the butthurt Hawkins haters here.

Welcome to the HotAir crew, John. I hope you have a really thick skin for this kind of crap.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Have you heard or read that Ø, Team-Ø, and Ø-Team (That’s three-in-one, BTW, if you’re counting, just like U No Hu) have added more to the debt (not the deficit, the DEBT) than any single president in history, in the shortest time frame ever measured? Yeah, I know he “had a lot of problems in the economy when he took office” and he keeps reminding us of that. You, with all your economic talking points and skewed historical recitative should also be able to point out that a (D) president named Bill Clinton was held in check by an (R) Congress led by Newt Gingrich (go ahead, laugh and scream at the same time). That’s no joke! Ø was given a mandate manufactured by media and liberal Democrats and when he took office he began by dismantling Constitutional protections of bondholders and naming CEOs of private firms and investing in companies that were, he was told, were high risks.
Defend any of that, even a little bit, and you are a troll

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I agree that O has been instrumental in all of this, but the fact remains that the nation’s purse strings are held by congress, and they, above all else, should be held to account.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM

seriously? well, flash news, they tried to do just that, times and again (and I am talking about the GOP side of the legislators, the other side is there just for the mischief and for entertainment purposes, see Maxine Crazy, Charlie-I-forgot-about-my-house-in-the Dominican-Rangel, Alan-GOP-health-plan = Holocaust-on-old-people-Grayson, Weiner-look-at-my-winner, Debile Schultz, William-I-keep-my-bribe-money-in-a-safe-refrigerator-Jefferson, Harry-I-love-cowboy-poetry-Reid, you got the asylum picture), but hey, while the GOP reps were standing their ground notwithstanding the crazies on the other side, guess who went out there and threw a media tantrum about how childish the two sides were and how they couldn’t reach an agreement on anything, and how he was the only responsible adult in the room, blah, blah, blah…soon after that the country got downgraded by S&P and guess who was out there again blaming the GOP for it, instead of taking responsibility for his own inane policies and for increasing the debt of this country like a madman…Yeah, the same big 0…

jimver on April 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Don’t let the door hit ya, where Darwin split ya…

SWalker on April 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Heh. Good one.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yeah. I liked it, too, and I’m a creationist.

davidk on April 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I’m beginning to think that kkaneff has a point. What if we lose such valued HA readers as bluegill, uppereastside, l4l?? The horror.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

BTW, Good concise writing, Mr. Hawkins

davidk on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

MWAHAHAHAH….held in check you say? Come off it. The growth of government has been unabated for nearly 80 years.

Oddly enough, the one candidate who didn’t pay lip service to cutting government spending, RP, was ridiculed around here (yes yes, I know his foreign policy is idiotic).

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Yeah. I liked it, too, and I’m a creationist.

davidk on April 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Same here. It just struck me as funny. And (in this case) more appropriate.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Seems clear that kkaneff79 blames the do nothing Congress.

Aren’t you supposed to blame the GOP do nothing Congress and George Booooosh???

You need a new screed.

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Don’t forget “libfreeordie,” capo di tutti capi of clueless trolls and misdirection commenters.

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Yeah, we need comic relief? Ok.

dogsoldier on April 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Yeah, we need comic relief? Ok.

dogsoldier on April 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

When these are worn out HA will have another open registration.

Its a cycle.

cozmo on April 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Do you not understand what Clenis and SHrillary were trying to do with nationalized health care? Yes, held in check by an (R) Congress to such an extent that (D) and liberal apologists are trying to claim, incessantly, that BJ “balanced the budget and produced a surplus.” That’s where your misplaced “MWAHAHAHAH…” ought to be put!
Gingrich and the (R) Congress held Clinton in check and for their efforts Clinton wimped out on the anti-terrorism thing. Clinton could have saved the WTC but he wouldn’t have gotten recognition for an unforeseen event. 20/20 hindsight makes Clinton a real weak president.
Since you did, sort of, defend the indefensible, you’re “sort of” a troll.

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Seems clear that kkaneff79 blames the do nothing Congress.

Aren’t you supposed to blame the GOP do nothing Congress and George Booooosh???

You need a new screed.

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I blame them all. Congress, Dubya, Obama, all of them. Even our current speaker is a spineless twerp. Who around here was thrilled with the outcome of the debt ceiling negotiations?

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Since you did, sort of, defend the indefensible, you’re “sort of” a troll.

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Haha. Like “sort of” pregnant.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Where you lose me is when you start complaining about any individual blogger’s style simply because it makes you uncomfortable. I’ve been laughed at many times and quite loudly for suggesting that we lived under a soft tyranny during the Bush years.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Haha. Like “sort of” pregnant.

4Grace on April 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

You’re right! Why does it keep digging a deeper hole?

ExpressoBold on April 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM

John Hawkins is a professional writer who runs Right Wing News

All i need to know about this out of touch bubble living loon.

Uppereastside on April 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yeah, you’re right. Ewic Alterman is SO much better.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

2 Loons on the Lake Catch Walter:

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Laying the full blame for today’s economy at Obama’s feet is sheer idiocy.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:44

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ARGUMENTUM AD NAUSEAM.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Wow, you took him to the Vomitorium…

A+

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I wasn’t the biggest Bush supporter however i acknowledge the man did a lot of positive things while he was in office. Wipe out the Iraq debacle(which was primarily Cheney’s fault) and i give him a B.

Uppereastside on April 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

You’ve obviously never read the complete text of the 2002 Iraq Resolution. I would highly recommend it, you might learn something. Such as the 11 other reasons we took Saddam out.

And remember, many of the Democrats who signed that Resolution still say it was the right thing to do. Including our current Secretary of State.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

When these are worn out HA will have another open registration.

Its a cycle.

cozmo on April 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Yeah, I’ve observed that. You know, I’m gonna go over and check out Right Wing News, for even MORE of Mr. Hawkins writings. AhhhhhOOh!

dogsoldier on April 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Fidel Castro could very well have said the very same thing.

Essentially, Obama both resents and reviles Capitalism and all that associates with it (anyone he isn’t controlling making a profit, owning something he doesn’t or can’t have or use or deny them the use of, etc.).

This statement by him (or potentially by Fidel Castro) is that of a communist dictator. He doesn’t THINK that Americans are individuals with individual destiny, motivation, talents, abilities, resources, etc., no, to the contrary, Obama views this nation as something that he now “controls” and “commands” (“rules” per Valerie Jarrett) and that he considers to be “mad” (or, insane, irrational, ‘wrong’) as anyone differs from his assumptions of commanding a “change” form of Communism here.

I think he resents being identified as a Socialist because he’s a Communist.

Lourdes on April 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Neither could he push this preposterous narrative were not a significant segment of the American electorate unable or unwilling to recognize the falsity of a narrative so obviously at odds with reality.

novaculus on April 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yes, of course, yes, as in, the challenge to everyone else is learning how to survive that segment of our population. They’ll ALWAYS want if not demand that someone provide for them…

And the DNC and Obama understand that, and encourage that, because they need that support to implement a nationalization of resources in this nation (or, Communism). The solution to all that is the rest of us learning to survive per what this country actually is despite them.

Lourdes on April 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Don’t let the door hit ya in the butt on your way out.

Then again, maybe it would do you some good.

Midas on April 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Oh great… a concern troll..

Gee I’m really on you guys side,… except for where I repudiate everything you say,.. and it’s just I don’t want that the butterfly wing fragile independents to get all scared of you meanies..

and you completely ignored the fact, the judgement against Carter wasn’t just made on the right.. only the most die hard socialism loving leftwinger still defends Carter.. Middle America made that judgement not just the right.

The public minus uber partisans DOES blame the president in charge when things go south, you can argue that’s unfair to both sides, but it is a fact.. Bush was lambasted by the left and the MSM for high gas prices.. including demagoguer in chief Obama..

you completely skip over that..

BUT,.. you then demand we play with the strictest adherence to fair play,.. while ignoring that we’re in a real war with people in the MSM and left, for whom fairness is a joke. Apparently it is to you as well..

since you want to kneecap our side, while giving Obama a complete pass.

oh,.. and Einstein.. LBJ was only into demanding VETO’s on bombing target lists, hardly the same as controlling field commanders down to the level of Company sized operations now is it? Both were fools.. but Carter took the booby prize.

Did you ever serve under that asswipe?

I did, and many millions of others, I’m entitled to my opinion of him, without your permission. I spoke fact to you,.. Carter did own that, and the judgement was America’s, not just mine..

it’s telling of where you are, that you think that’s unfair.

Because the ivory tower you seem to live in, isn’t the one America knows. I’ve never heard anyone in public defend Carter.. only democrat party hacks.. the rest remember his joke of a foreign policy, the misery index, gas prices, and hyper inflation..

but you go girl,.. and defend him..

the only one.

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM

John Hawkins is a professional writer who runs Right Wing News

All i need to know about this out of touch bubble living loon.

Uppereastside on April 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Wow you are such the intellectual …you totally destroyed him./

CW on April 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Excuse me?

were you two even alive when Carter laid that one on America?

Were you even aware, that rather than merely give the go order on the operation, which the White House interfered with from the start, Carter personally insisted that he be in constant contact with the commander on the ground so he could give his personal approval for every single order given?

Name another time in history, when field commanders were under such insane ground rules..

Blame him for Desert One?

I was going through Air Force basic just down the road from Wilford Hall Medical Center where the burn casualties from Desert 1 were still being treated. Everyday a reminder that Carter as an unmitigated fool..

the reason Carter was blamed by America for that wholesale aside from his bungling the operational points his crew of appointees wouldn’t keep their fingers out of.. was the ham fisted way Carter dealt with the aftermath.. his disdain for the military was well known,.. especially by those of us who had the misfortune to have served at least a while under him..

What the Hell part of.. Commander in Chief.. slips past you guys?

I doubt you’d be so forgiving if you had served during Carter’s reign of error..

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Mark, I’m not trying to debate the ins and outs of Carter’s blame for the failure of Eagle Claw (not Eagle One, my bad) or getting into a p***ing match over who is more qualified to comment on that. What I am saying is that I think the author’s comment is cheap pandering to his Conservative readership and does nothing to advance the Conservative cause.

Scopper on April 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM

The FLOTUS looks/acts like a complete idiot.

Schadenfreude on April 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Oh, good Lord, Almighty !!
Perhaps something like she’s previously worn in front of dignitaries ???
Lordie, that’s not only ugly, it flirts with the obscene.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Nonsense. Just STFU.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was serving on Presidential Support Duty (Yankee White for the young racist HA trolls) during Carters last 2 years in office. Obama is much less popular in DC than Carter was during this time and Carter was not popular at all.

I was there when the reports came in. Carter cared more about how to spin and shift blame than act like. CiC.

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM

pambi, you are dumber than liberal4life. It’s a big challenge, but you’ve overcome.

Can you imagine Jacqueline Kennedy like this?

Schadenfreude on April 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

kkaneff79

Of, ffs, who left the door open and let the concerned, concern troll in?

exsanguine on April 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

In the immortal words of Hans Solo: “Great, kid. Don’t get cocky.”

J_Crater on April 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

What does Hawkins have to do with 0bamessiah’s economic imbecility – why are you bringing Hawkins into this in order to take the heat off of 0bamessiah? Is it GWB’s fault, too, for how 0bamessiah chooses to balance ::snicker:: the federal budget?

Do you not understand that there are many people out here who can manage their own finances without going into bankruptcy, and are driven sick to see our country be buried under debt by a bunch of hopeless, helpless gambling addicts who can’t?

I can see that you are a really good problem solver, just like our Blamer-in-Chief.

Bizarro No. 1 on April 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

How old are you, 11? How can anyone NOT remember how Newt so neutered Clenis? With the Version 1 of ObamaCare, to other spending Newt simply curtailed and had surpluses that would never be seen since. Stop being a dick and ask White House for a new set of talking points, these are way overused and ineffective by now.

You should pay more attention to Russia calling in their chips after they invested heavily in Hussein’s daddy all those years ago as well as Hussein himself spending time in USSR premier communist incubator back in his teens (look up Artek summer camp in Crimea, moron). Look up some videos of Hussein’s first trip to Russia and see how he was treated as what he is, a paid for ackey, while the rest of the delegation was accorded proper diplomatic respect. He is a joke in Russia and called nothing but a pejorative name even at the highest level. Medvedev had a look of disdain when Hussein grabbed his hand last week, similar to a leper grabbing his hand…

Get some treatment for delusion while you’re at it.

riddick on April 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

The important thing here is to point out the shell game Obama is doing with rhetoric. The Republicans want to grow the economy and grow the number of jobs so that you don’t NEED the government and CAN do things on your own.

The Democrats want to kill economic activity, put people dependent on government and then demagogue the Republicans as wanting to take away those benefits. He is putting the cart before the horse in his rhetoric. The cuts in benefits the Republicans are after come NATURALLY after people get back to work, not before.

Obama is playing typical socialist economic politics right out of the Hugo Chavez playbook. You confiscate the wealth of the 1%, put people out of work, put them on benefits, and claim the other side wants to starve them by taking away their benefits.

Obama thinks the people are idiots. Problem is, a large number of them are. BUT, Americans are also better educated now than they have ever been before and if this game is pointed out to them, given a VERY bright spotlight, Obama ends up looking like a con artist.

So … sunlight is the best disinfectant.

crosspatch on April 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Absolutely! Everything from the increasing of the formulations of gasoline to the closing of Auto dealerships by edict to the hammering of Gibson Guitar has been designed to foment fear in the marketplace and cause business to hold off investing/hiring till there is a stable environment. The bad economy assures that a great many small businesses go under before there is a stable environment.

Since we have been using capitalism since the Greeks and the history of Marxism is “checkered” with failures, I think I would prefer to stick with the proven Freedom/Capitalist model, Barry.

Bulletchaser on April 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

It took Barry to make Jimmy start to look good.

AshleyTKing on April 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

sheer idiocy.

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:44

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Funny the thread count doesn’t support your assertion. 172 as I enter this on a Sunday Evening. Are you getting better and more hits on your blog site? Maybe you can enlighten us on how to do as well as yourself.

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Ah yes, the call for Marxist/Communist governmental central planning. It’s never worked in the past and usually collapses with the deaths of millions of citizens, but the political elite just love the power and wealth it provides to them and them alone.

RJL on April 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Roy Rogers on April 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I wasn’t so far up the ladder, just did my time as an AF SP. SAC missile base duty,.. but Iran was the reason I enlisted, I talked to the Maines and Army, but after Desert one, and Carter’s explicit decision to not go fight over American’s lives after that.. I opted Air Force, since they were the only one who wanted men for ground combat slots, The Marine and Army recruiters both wanted me to sign up for a tech job, computers, (stone age as they were then), or something in support. All I wanted was to serve in a rifle company..

That was what my father had done,.. my uncle..

The attitude among active duty towards Carter was one of complete contempt. His DOD appointees were so busy alienating the troops.. How many people here know that the pay for servicemen was so low under Carter, many with families qualified for food stamps?

Carter’s response was to allow his administration to bad mouth the troops, all volunteers by then, as sub standard rejects,.. malcontents..

Oh we hated Carter.. as much as he hated us.. the difference was we were professional enough to not show it at every turn.

Carter?.. not so much.

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

There’s stupid and then there’s kkaneff.

DevilsPrinciple on April 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Indeed,..

aside from his arrogant need to assert his opinion as the public’s at large,.. and his quaint notion that anyone to his right is a partisan hack.. I’d love to see how he refers to the American left..

any snarky slaps the left kkane?

I googled your name.. and surprise the few comments that came up,..

1 trashed the authors at this site.
2. trashed the entire GOP field
3. trashed the rank and file conservatives..

yeah.. that makes you so worth bothering to read.. ;;

choad..

mark81150 on April 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

The FLOTUS looks/acts like a complete idiot.

Schadenfreude on April 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Oh, good Lord, Almighty !!
Perhaps something like she’s previously worn in front of dignitaries ???
Lordie, that’s not only ugly, it flirts with the obscene.

pambi on April 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Nonsense. Just STFU.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Guess what, pumpkin? I was proud of this county when I was a child…and not even a citizen. It took FLOTUS’ hubby getting nominated to run for POTUS to become proud of America.

She looks and acts like more than a complete idiot to me. And, please, tell Her Excellency that one simply does not touch and, especially, bear hug Her Majesty.

Resist We Much on April 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hear that? It’s the sound of readers leaving this site because blah blah blah blah blah

kkaneff79 on April 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Oh bliss. If only. Thank you. Bye now.

Kenosha Kid on April 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Nonsense. Just STFU.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

ok,.. typical of an Obamabot,.. they hate what you say,.. so scream shut up,… as if that was anything intelligent..

Resist We Much on April 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

A giant leap in civility beyond what you deserve 0bamaderangementsyndrom.. what you deserve is the CONTEMPT of rational human beings for your bootlicking the leftwing POTUS and his partner in crime and their hand picked socialist street thug friends. They are a disgrace, to the United States and her people..

and so.. are you.. a real classic liberal would ask for a debate.. you don’t.. not only do you fail,.. but you fail so badly you disgrace yourself.

mark81150 on April 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM

These types of statements should scare the crap out of every single American that believes in the free market and our capitalist system.

This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with a man, who just happens to be President, that does not believe in our country as it has existed for over 200 years. Without question, it is tied to the policies which he has pursued over the past several years; big, intrusive, heavy-handed government, less individual freedom, dilution of our Constitution, its original structure and “change” to a leviathan, economically unsound socialistic state.

That’s not hyperbole. What is? The empty, mendacious promises the Obama now makes to try and subject our country to another four years of his deconstruction.

Obama has done nothing he promised and his actions speak much louder than any meaningless words uttered. Four more years of this will leave a economically ruinous, less-free, overreaching, dismal future for our children.

Marcus Traianus on April 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM

<but when you’re in the process of decimating the country’s economy through your own incompetence,>
your assessment is right on if you substitute the word “intentions”

Dannyp8262 on April 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Obama supporters, ask yourself this question: Who is better able to take care of YOU? You or him? If you answered him, you’re probably still living with your parents. No government can do more for me than I can. And yet The One is convinced that he can do a better job providing for me than I can. Perhaps this is because in his professional experience, that’s all he’s ever seen. If you spend your life exposed to the dregs of society, you’ll become convinced that society is nothing but the dregs.

PorchDawg on April 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM