Some guy from Obama’s old neighborhood: Every morning I get up and think…today I’m going to end capitalism

posted at 3:30 pm on March 31, 2012 by Morgen Richmond

Is it just me or does this sound an awful lot like a certain politics of hope? (minor language warning)

I get up every morning thinking today I’m going to make a difference. Today I’m going to end capitalism. Today I’m going to make a revolution. I go to bed every night disappointed but…I’m back again tomorrow.

If you’re the type that just can’t ever get enough of Ayers and Dohrn, the whole thing is almost an hour long, but probably worth a perusal. I’d be surprised if we don’t see some other clips from this airing next week (you’re welcome Glenn Beck). Watching America’s most famous unrepentant terrorists advise the occupiers on the art of ‘non-violent’ protest should inspire outrage. But then we’ve seen this act before, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds these two retreads increasingly tiresome.

But the fact that this rhetoric has become so mundane is conversely a good reason to wake up and take notice. Because even with Ayers and Dohrn approaching their golden years, it’s clear they are not planning on stopping any time soon. These are people who have dedicated their entire adult lives to bringing about a socialist revolution, and it’s not happenstance that they’ve focused their efforts in recent decades on education. What we are witnessing here is a passing of the baton. And as much as we like to mock the occupiers, it is a movement dedicated to ending capitalism – and it will be coming back soon to a town or city near you.

Let me also weigh in on the relevance of this sort of thing to the upcoming election. Certainly the president’s record in office should be the primary focus, and obviously there isn’t much there to his credit. But let’s not forget that the Obama campaign and their allies in the media will leave no stone unturned in discrediting the GOP nominee. If a family vacation with dog in tow from 30 years ago is somehow relevant in 2012, then the fact that family friends of the President and First-Lady from the 90′s are spouting off about revolution on the streets of New York is also relevant. So I don’t think we should be timid about pushing this narrative in conservative media. It may actually resonate more than it did in 2008, with the link to OWS and the president’s continued assault on free-enterprise.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This leech has lived off other peoples capital for a long time.

pat on March 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM

But first I want you to rip that earring out of your ear. Then you can move on to capitalism, you bum!

And don’t be shy about sharing your wealth, buddy!

Sherman1864 on March 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Funny thing. Everyday I get up and think: I hope I get to punch a hippie today.

Mr Galt on March 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM

There is no other way to say this. They are my enemy. I want their perverted views defeated. Big!

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

It must be maddening to wake up every morning with optimism and hope, then go to bed each night an abject failure. Say, Bill, you DO know the generally accepted definition of insanity, yes?

BillH on March 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Eat sh!t and die, Bill.

2ipa on March 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Good post!

Understatement. The Øbamas are revolutionaries. Pure and simple. That’s their “fundamental transformation” of America.

petefrt on March 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Or…

“…the same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world!!

BillH on March 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

One day before the 7th anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks, and about two months before the election of Barack Hussein Obama to the Presidency…

Bill Ayers on September 10, 2008:

“The end of an empire is messy at best….

and this one is ending like all the rest.” Randy Newman

Here is what the Communist Party USA has to say about “empires”/imperialism:

With Marxism-Leninism guiding our actions, the Communist Party strives to build the broadest unity against global capitalist imperialism now headed by U.S. imperialism, for immediate gains and reforms that benefit working people, and for a progressive democratization of the government, the economy, and society of our country on the road to and after winning socialism.

- From the Program of the Communist Party USA
The Road to Socialism USA

What comes after winning socialism? Communism. Lenin himself said so…

The goal of socialism is communism.

-Vladimir Lenin

Obama has always had an affinity to Marxists, including Bill Ayers.

And even though the American Revolution was not about “bringing the British Empire to its knees”, Obama has made it clear that his “journey” is shared with people who think that it was:

But my journey is part of a larger journey – one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to our society. It’s a journey that takes us back to our nation’s founding, when none other than a UCC church inspired the Boston Tea Party and helped bring an Empire to its knees.

Barack Obama
A Politics of Conscience
June 23, 2007

I take that as pretty strong evidence that Obama shares the anti-Imperialist viewpoint of the Communist Party USA.

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Remember in the debate with Hillary Clinton, Obama claimed that Bill Ayers was “some guy in my neighborhood”.

After the election, Bill Ayers admitted that he and Barack are “family friends“.

Here is Bill Ayers’ communist manifesto: “Prairie Fire”.

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ayers’ office door is decorated with pictures of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Che Guevara and Malcolm X.

You will never get real freedom and recognition between black and white people in this country without destroying the country, without destroying the present political system, without destroying the present economic system, without rewriting the entire constitution.

It will be a complete destruction of everything that America supposedly stands for.

Malcolm X

And here’s a quote from the current resident of the White House, who found what he was looking for “only” in Malcolm X…

Only Malcolm X’s autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words. His unadorned insistence on respect. He promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline.

Barack Hussein Obama

… and who shares his journey with Malcolm X:

Barack Hussein Obama

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM

When he dies I’m going to pour a glass of twelve-year old Scotch on his grave. Kidney-filtered twelve-year old Scotch.

Akzed on March 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

William Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn named their two children Zayd and Malik.

Zayd is an Arabic name meaning “one who progresses and makes other people progress.” The most famous person in Islam named Zayd is Zayd ibn Harithah, who was the orphan boy fostered by the Muslim Prophet Muhammad.

Malik is an Arabic word meaning “king”. Malik is one of the names of Allah, “King” in the absolute sense.

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

petefrt on March 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

…Moochelle said :… “Barrack will NEVER let you go back to the life, you have known!”

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Every morning I get up and think…..I’m going to push a Marxist down the nearest flight of stairs.

subsonic on March 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM

It is historical fact that Bill Ayers bombed both the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol building.

On 9/11/2001, one of the planes hit the Pentagon, and another plane (the one that crashed in PA) was heading towards the U.S. Capitol building.

The other two planes destroyed what was arguably the most recognized symbol of U.S. capitalism… the World Trade Center towers.

Coincidentally, on that very same day, 9/11/2001, in that very city, New York, the New York Times included an article on Bill Ayers featuring this quote from him:

“I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”

Given Ayers’ past terrorist activity, his affinity towards both Islam and revolutionary communism, isn’t it worth asking the question:

What did William Ayers know about the 9/11 attacks, and when did he know it?

I don’t know if there was anyone in the U.S. besides the 19 hijackers who had foreknowledge of the 9/11/2001 attacks. But if any U.S. citizen had foreknowledge of, and perhaps even involvement in planning the attacks, in my opinion it appears that Bill Ayers would is a prime suspect.

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I too am an optimist. Every day I wake up and think Hey, maybe today Bill Ayers will get hit with a bus or fall into a well. I go to bed every night disappointed but…I’m back again tomorrow. You see, I’m big into Hope.

Jim - PRS on March 31, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It’s worth noting the Orwellian scrubbing…

The following link used to go to a story that mentioned how “Ayers’ office door is decorated with pictures of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Che Guevara and Malcolm X”:

However, that URL now redirects to a different (scrubbed) story!!!

They’ve scrubbed the original, and made links to the original look operational but with a changed story. No more mention of “Ayers’ office door is decorated with pictures of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Che Guevara and Malcolm X”

But I was able to find it in the archive:

And save it with webcitation: (although the formatting is not great)

ITguy on March 31, 2012 at 10:08 PM

What are we waiting for? Why are we sitting on our butts letting the marxists / communists run their plays? The ‘Weather Underground’ should have been annihilated 40yrs ago. Instead we’ve let them slide into our most powerful seats of government.

rayra on March 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

What are we waiting for?

rayra on March 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

What are we waiting for?

rayra on March 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

The right moment. Let them make the first move. Then the gloves come off. But we need to be prepared to launch a counterattack, Israeli style.

Mr Galt on March 31, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Billy Ayers should be afraid to walk in the street for fear of insult. An indication of the nations sickness that he can.

BL@KBIRD on March 31, 2012 at 11:30 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM

My, what a cogent response to my comment. You concisely refuted all my points . . . oh wait, that’s not what you did. You did what you always do — claimed that I’m a raaaaacist because I don’t share your point of view.

You’re a tiresome little nitwit. Why don’t you crawl back into whatever hole you slithered out of and spare us all anymore of your tedious blithering.

AZCoyote on March 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM

If anyone think Obama knew this guy from the neighborhood think again:

nicknack60 on March 31, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Ayers has long advocated the elimination of capitalism, even if it meant the genocide of TWENTY-FIVE MILLION people.

ITguy on April 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It must really suck to be you, Bill.

fegerter on April 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM

When that guy from the neighborhood is in the neighborhood of Union Square and 14th St., he should visit the neighborhood and see 11th street where one of his bombs blew up a little to soon killing.

He was just a guy from the neighborhood there too.

There goes the neighborhood!

Wander on April 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Yeah, Americans hate millionares so much they stood in line for 8 hours for just a 1/170 million shot of being one.

I wonder if any Occupy Wall Street occupied a gas station for a shot.

Wagthatdog on April 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM

It all comes down to a weak male gaining undo power and influence and a strong male’s natural desire to beat the shit out of him. The fact he’s sporting flesh colored earlob plugs at his age increases the urge exponentially. The fact he doesn’t have people following him around constantly, legally giving him shit daily is sad.

pc on April 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What are we waiting for?

rayra on March 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I’m confused…I thought Obama said we were the ones we were waiting for?

coldwarrior on April 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Why does Bill Ayers waste his time living in this country since he hates it so much? Wouldn’t he be happier in Cuba or North Korea?

CTpatriot on April 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I get up every morning thinking today I’m going to make a difference. Today I’m going to end socialism, the progressive movement and all its iterations. Today I’m going to make a revolution. I go to bed every night disappointed but…I’m back again tomorrow.

Amendment X on April 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I only got one thing to say to Bill Ayers:

HA ha!!

Zombie on April 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

today I’m going to end capitalism

I’m sure that’s the same thing Obama and most Democrats say everyday after wake up.

Axion on April 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM