Quotes of the day

posted at 10:39 pm on March 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

“In a general election-style speech at Lawrence University in Appleton Wisconsin Friday, Mitt Romney delivered one of his most fundamental critiques of Barack Obama of the campaign so far. The president, Romney said, was elected in 2008 on the strength of his personality, and despite his failures remains surrounded by true believers who are poised to attack anyone who challenges their hold on power.

“‘This is a president who was elected not on the strength of a compelling record of accomplishment but by a compelling personality and story,’ Romney said. But while the president’s persona appealed to many voters, Romney said, his actual performance in office led to widespread disappointment. Now, Romney continued, ‘though the reality has failed the hope and change he promised, [Obama] remains surrounded by true believers who attack anyone who challenges their power. And, as we see each day, they will fight even more fiercely to hold on to that power.’…

“Part of Obama’s story, Romney reminded the audience, was his time as a community organizer — an experience that Obama often cited as a key qualification for him to be elected president. But Romney said Obama’s time as an organizer taught him precisely the wrong lessons about the economy. ‘Barack Obama once said that his work as a community organizer motivated him to help ‘communities that had been ravaged by plant closings,” Romney said. ‘His desire to help others could not be more admirable, but it’s clear that he saw free enterprise as the villain and not the solution.’ The ‘ironic tragedy’ of Obama’s time in office, Romney said, ‘is that the community organizer who wanted to help those hurt by a plant closing became the president on whose watch more jobs were lost than any time since the Great Depression.’”

***

“Following a front-page Wall Street Journal article Thursday reporting that employees at Bain Capital, Romney’s former private-equity firm, were allowed to invest their retirement money in companies the firm acquired through a special share class, the Obama camp is seeking Romney’s old tax returns to see if they contain information about the investment arrangement…

“‘Today’s report raises additional questions about Gov. Romney’s manipulation of the tax laws,’ Ben LaBolt, an Obama spokesman, told The Journal, adding that Romney ‘may have engaged in questionable maneuvers to drive up the value of his IRA.’…

“‘The Obama campaign is playing politics, just as he’s doing in his conduct of foreign policy,’ Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul wrote. ‘Obama should release the notes and transcripts of all his meetings with world leaders so the American people can be satisfied that he’s not promising to sell out the country’s interests after the election is over.’”

***

“The conventional thinking has been that after a long and divisive primary campaign, the challenge of uniting the GOP would force Romney to pick a running mate with strong appeal to tea party activists and evangelicals. But Romney’s team thinks he may be liberated from that pressure if he can finish off remaining rivals Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul in the next few weeks…

“His advisers said they do not believe geography will play all that important a role, and that he seems unlikely to choose someone to court a single state or constituency. He does not, so far, appear to have discussed the need to pick a minority or a woman, for example, to appeal to certain kinds of voters…

“‘Knowing Mitt as I do, I think he’s going to be very much of the school that we need a vice president who can become president,’ said the adviser, who like others interviewed demanded anonymity because of the sensitivity of the vice presidential search process.”

***

“By some measures, Mr. Obama’s re-election drive, which at one point was projected as perhaps the first $1 billion campaign in U.S. history, has collected tens of millions of dollars less than President Bush’s campaign had at the same point in 2004, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) figures…

“At times, Mr. Obama’s top aides have openly fretted about the level of resistance they are encountering from some Democratic donors, especially in the face of the challenge posed by the pro-GOP super PACs. The president’s fundraising team has tried to highlight in stark terms what it sees as the consequences of Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney winning the White House…

“‘Too many Obama supporters are falling into a trap,’ he wrote. ‘They’re waiting to donate until we have a clear opponent. There’s too much at stake, and not enough time, to be doing that.’”

***

“The gender gap in presidential politics is not new. Democratic candidates have gotten more support from women than men for more than 30 years. Even so, Barack Obama’s advantages among women voters over his GOP rivals are striking.

“In the Pew Research Center’s most recent national survey, conducted March 7-11, Obama led Mitt Romney by 20 points (58% to 38%) among women voters. It marked the second consecutive month that Obama held such a wide advantage over Romney among women (59% to 38% in February). In both February and March, Obama ran about even with Romney among men.”

***

“Obama prefaced that comment by saying, ‘we won’t win the race for new jobs and new businesses and middle-class security if we cling to this same old, worn-out, tired ‘you’re on your own’ economics that the other side is peddling.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

No problem, it seems to be an appropriate mood for the thread. : )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:19 AM

..it happens when one indulges in uncharacteristically down-market scotch. Promise to mend my ways.

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM

..don’t let the bed bugs bite!

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:24 AM

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I’m still going to be drinking that night—either in celebration or sadness.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I liked your Devo–blockhead.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Appropriate all three songs, right? Pretty darn hard to do if ya ask me. Hold it no one asked me. Never mind.

Nope…I used to do that most everytime…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Funny! ; )

And to the morning crew. Sorry for the mess.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Buy the Scotch BEFORE stopping for gas…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Funny! ; )

And to the morning crew. Sorry for the mess.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Night everyone. I’ll be rested and ready tomorrow. And will try and stay on topic with “substantive” posts—no fun for me.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I’m still going to be drinking that night—either in celebration or sadness.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM

..Arnold, I think you will be a lot happier that you think. The relief of seeing that hactchet-asssed metro-sexual and his lobster-sucking, stevedore-armed WIDE LOAD FLOTUS in our collective rear-views will be a real spirit-raiser.

We’ll sort out the details on 7 November and start a new revolution then. I’m buying — and not the cheap stuff, either!

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Buy the Scotch BEFORE stopping for gas…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:29 AM

*chortle*

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:34 AM

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM

You are right, it will be fine. Mr. Romney better bring his A game cause there is going to be a war.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM

..don’t let the bed bugs bite!

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Funny you should say that. A new poster to HA named BedBug came in here to QOTD running his liberal rant at me and I kinda lost my temper cause he was just doing that normal troll drag and drop thing they do. I actually was able to finally get him to settle down long enough to reason with him. Do you know he came back in a week or so ago and said after much reflection on our conversations and by honestly stopping to look at what 0 has been doing. He told me if Rmoney was the nom he would be pulling the lever for him. Sure he could be lying. I don’t think he was. He stopped commenting, which is a shame really. I know its just anecdotal evidence, but many of my liberal friends, and trust me because of my industry I have a bunch of them, have been saying the same thing. They have had enough of 0. So thats good news to end this thread on from me. Good Night All. This time for sure. ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Oh and hi BedBug if you’re lurking. ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM

..I think you’re onto something here. I feel a tremor in the force not unlike when I was a brash ‘yute’ as you are now. We fumed and steamed and roiled over the prospect of another four years of Carter — without the benefit of the underground social media and subject to the propaganda of the big three ~~ in bed big time with that drooling, rabbit-beating Peanut Farmer.

Come that fateful night in November, we pulled the chain on that turd and sent him down the poop chute to oblivion.

The earth will move on 6 November and The Chicago Jesus will be gone — with no one to roll back the stone.

Wazzit crr6 used to say? “Count it!”

*thousands of keyboards across this great land simultaneously executing a ctrl-C, ctrl-V*

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Why yes, that is a pledge pin. Now, YOU dems drop and give me twenty first thing Wednesday morning — November 7th…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:15 AM

smell the discomfort in the room

liberal4life on March 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

That’s your feet. Have mommy wash ‘em for ya.

predator on March 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

…no! the diaper needs changing again!

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Congrats on Stanford’s title…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

They play some mean ball…

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:20 AM

He told me if Rmoney was the nom he would be pulling the lever for him.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM

ALL of my left-of-center friends are sick of Obama and have expressed interest in Romney. It’s more than anecdotal.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:23 AM

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:52 AM

…that was a good read before getting some sleep.

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2012 at 3:23 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Congrats to Stanford..:)

PS..I can’t wait for college football..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I can’t wait for college football..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:30 AM

SssssssssssssssEeeeeeeeeeeeeeCcccccccccccccccccccccccc…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Sorry, RasThavas (et al.). This is what Hot Air has allowed itself to become: a chat room for lonely stay-at-homes. Just reply to the original Hot Air item and move on. I’m a relative newbie here, and that’s my take on this. Pity, too. I waited for a very long time to get onto Hot Air. They’re VERY exclusive. And this is what I find: a bunch of old farts getting smashed and playing Hearts.

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

REALLY??? You’ve “waited a long time?” I don’t THINK so–otherwise you would know that is what the QOTD is about…or are you unaware of the term overnight open thread?!!! And sounds like someone is pouting about not being a part of the “group”…Maybe if you had a clue, you could chime in and try to be a part of the gang.

Oh, and here’s a clue, since you seem to be so clueless–when you whine like that–someone is apt to offer you some cheese.

lovingmyUSA on March 31, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I hear you..:)

PS..How did we miss Peyton going to Miami?..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:40 AM

lovingmyUSA on March 31, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Might I say ..Excellent post!!..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:43 AM

How did we miss Peyton going to Miami?..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Being too logical

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:46 AM

SssssssssssssssEeeeeeeeeeeeeeCcccccccccccccccccccccccc…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Just imagine if the NCAA didn’t gut USC. Y’all be whining about a split title every year. Good thing they got rid of that pesky Pac-12 team…

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:50 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Ok, Lennon. Imagine no cheating, it’s not hard to do…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:46 AM

+ 100..Very logical answer…:)

PS..Classic tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Imagine no cheating, it’s not hard to do…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I’d laugh if they didn’t ALL do it.

“I don’t know who my father is.” – Cam Newton

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:56 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 3:56 AM

A few more SMU’s and there would be fewer Cam Newton fathers and Bush family members running amuck. Even in this entitled world…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Just to add to the hopeful anecdotal evidence thing – I too am around a LOT of disillusioned libs who are turning hard towards ABO right now. One lib in particular who I’ve been working on since before 2008 finally came up to me this week, and said “I think I’m coming around to your side on Obama.”

His final-straw issue was the Executive Order from last week, piled on top of the sneaky Dec 24 EO – it appears that he finally understands Obama’s fascism. This guy is the 30-y/o spawn of two career public school administrators too, so there was a LOT of brainwashing to penetrate, plus he’s not very smart to start with, as one might imagine. I can tell he’s started listening to Levin and Rush too.

When Obama has lost the most brainwashed dyed-in-the-wool libtard guys in the world like this, I think there’s hope for a massive, massive shift in the electoral tectonic plates this year. Mitt better have a plan!

Harbingeing on March 31, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Mitt better have a pair.

Rusty Allen on March 31, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Mitt better have a pair.

Rusty Allen on March 31, 2012 at 4:13 AM

If he utters any of the McCainisms of ’08 the election will be over before it starts…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Thanks. I think I prefer PJM, though. It’s far less clubby, and much more substantive over there.

Cheers! I’ll continue to look in now and then whenever I’m feeling overly optimistic.

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Why “waste your time”, since you are like the proverbial hanger-on who pops into a party and sniffs the food, tastes the wine, and then proclaims the party a dud…We are doing just fine without your company. You and your buddies need to change your blankets…they’re all wet…

lovingmyUSA on March 31, 2012 at 4:18 AM

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Lurkin’ while workin’…

lovingmyUSA on March 31, 2012 at 4:31 AM

lovingmyUSA on March 31, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Sounds good to me..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 4:35 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Dreadfully sorry to have disappointed you and wish you better luck with your next site. Your participation will be sincerely missed, and without doubt several members will maintain candle vigils in your honor. Buh-Bye!

* * * * *

So, who was this asp-hole, again?

Adjoran on March 31, 2012 at 4:41 AM

WOW! A post that finally focuses on the general election!

It would seem that even AP has bowed to the inevitable conclusion that Romney is our nominee. It’s about time.

I have no doubt that Mitt is only going to get stronger and stronger as the dead enders in the primary race give up the fantasy and fall in line. The name of the game is to fire PBHO. Enough with the Santo schitick about not having much difference between them and all of the other moronic smears from the “pure” patrol. Mitt’s our guy and I’m glad as he11 that he is. Now let’s win this thing!

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Gohawks
I don’t know about the SMU’s, this country and the one to our north is so morally corrupt I don’t know if we can be saved. Unless there’s a great big house cleaning.

angrymike on March 31, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Two human calculators explaining the attack on our freedom makes a lot of sense to me -if you intend to lose…

Thanks GOP and goodbye Freedom -no one cares -it’s about money.

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I think this number will improve for Romney.In the GOP races he has by and large done well with Republican women. Not in every state, but in most states. I think that Romney has a better chance with women nationally than Santorum or Gingrich do.

Thanks GOP and goodbye Freedom -no one cares -it’s about money.

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I think that there is a lot more to Romney than a human calculator…but why blame him or the GOP? I get so tired of this sort of whining. If people wanted someone else, they should have found, supported and worked for that person. Romney is where he is because the voters put him there. He has millions more votes than anyone else at this point. It seems that all some people can do is complain and blame everyone else.

Terrye on March 31, 2012 at 7:02 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Funny comment, and you make a good point.

I wish people wouldn’t use this comment section as a chit chat room for personal, unrelated topics. Now and then is fine, but not on a regular basis. Some, especially those who have been here forever, think they own the place and waste too much space with their little chit chat. Even stuff like, “how have you been? good to see you, blah, blah, blah, back and forth for half a page” is something you could do privately. This site has thousands of readers, and I bet most don’t care to see all that. Please, take that stuff to private message or e-mail.

bluegill on March 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM

WOW! A post that finally focuses on the general election!

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Amen MJ, Amen!

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2012 at 8:14 AM

“President Obama is sharpening his campaign rhetoric, saying tonight that Republican plans to return to economic policies of the George W. Bush years is ‘madness.’…

You want to see “madness”, come to Portland on the first Friday evening of every month for the “Art Walk” downtown amongst his supporters.

Then again, we’ve had 60 years of Democrat administrations in all our major cities and the pathoologies continue to grow and things keep getting worse and worse and worse and his prescription is “More of the same!”

But WE’RE the mad ones.

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Of course, he has to come to a Liberal stronghold like Portland, Maine to make comments like this so he doesn’t have to hear the boos and catcalls.

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Terrye on March 31, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Well, they’ll kvetch for a while longer, but in a few days, if not weeks the die hards on the right will figure out that it’s Romney or Obama. Politically speaking, despite what a few head to head match up polls say, PBHO is a dead man walking.

PBHO’s personal approval numbers are and have consistently been way above his numbers on just about measure of approval on his public policy. That’s one thing that the “fighters” just don’t understand, but Mitt does. He doesn’t go after PBHO personally for that reason. He doesn’t cry “Muslim” or “Socialist” or any other personal invective. He says that PBHO is a nice guy who’s out of his league. That’s something that the vast majority of Americans can agree with and it’s how he will win.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Romney is where he is because the voters put him there.

Terrye on March 31, 2012 at 7:02 AM

You really believe that?!

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:27 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Curious.

You waited a long time to get onto HotAir? Why?

These guys made it what it is and now you don’t like it?

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Popular Vote totals:

Romney - 4,127,917
Santorum – 2,850,546
Gingrich – 2,212,001
Paul – 1,079,753

Spread Romney +1,277,371

You don’t really believe it?

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM

You don’t really believe it?

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Well, I suppose, technically you’re correct.

So I guess I can comfort myself with the thought that the voters gave us McCain and Obama last time too?

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM

If you come up with a better system than free and fair elections I hope that you’ll be sure to let us know.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Yep.

The instant pop-analysis that Palin’s selection was a move to attract Hillary supporters is, as the CW typically is, wrong!
Palin was selected to appeal to flyover country.  Those blue collar working people who Obama has not reached but desperately needs to.  I’m referring to the bitter clingers, who hunt, fish and watch NASCAR.  Unless BO recognizes the true threat to his campaign that she poses and ignores the Hillary paranoia that seems to be a national obsession among progressives, he will get his metaphorical ass kicked in Nov.
by MJBrutus on Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 10:49:26 AM PDT

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Women (on topic) are dumb, for two reasons:

1. Like Peggy Noonan and Althouse, they fall for a charlatan.

2. Mitt is not that different on women issues than Obama.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 12:16 AM

You are on stupid, treacherous ground to suggest that women aren’t as smart as men. But you do raise an interesting point. I’ve wondered why a majority of the most strident anti-Romney posters on this site are female.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM

excellent point. it remains to be seen if the personal hatred from a vocal group on the right will overpower the main election message though.

peachaeo on March 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Yep.

Palin was selected to appeal to flyover country. Those blue collar working people who Obama has not reached but desperately needs to. I’m referring to the bitter clingers, who hunt, fish and watch NASCAR. Unless BO recognizes the true threat to his campaign that she poses and ignores the Hillary paranoia that seems to be a national obsession among progressives, he will get his metaphorical ass kicked in Nov.
by MJBrutus on Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 10:49:26 AM PDT

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM

In fairness to MJ, who could have predicted that McCain and his nominee would have no clue as to the cause of the near collapse of the banking system. They allowed Obama to push the narrative that it was caused by Bush’s policies rather than the culmination of Carter’s CRA. If the had fought the election on the solid foundation that it was the socialist mortgage Fannie/Freddie interference with the free market that caused the collapse, McCain/Palin might have had a chance. It also didn’t help that McCain sat down for the remainder of the campaign after he called everyone else to stand up and fight.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM

A fictional, compelling personality and story. I do not understand why they think women are still in President I Got OBL’s camp. He really hasn’t done anything for women per se. It does not make sense.

Kissmygrits on March 31, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I didn’t read ONE of the quotes in this post but that PICTURE!!! Is it ridiculous or sad? Answer: BOTH

Dan Pet on March 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Dan Pet on March 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Perhaps if you told us why you consider it ridiculous or sad we could tell you what a freaking moron you are with more specificity?

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Dan Pet on March 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I’ll try to answer that. It’s ludicrous to fail to understandby now, that the nation’s very freedom is Obama’s real target and instead of statesmen or patriots for leaders, we are given two robotic money-calculators,insuring that Obama can destroy the GOP as “the party of the rich.” The GOP hasd played right into his hands -and the sperm donor of Obamacare is already neutered.

Those silly “everyday, Joe the plumber shirts” merely add insult to injury.

The GOP has lost its mind, thinking that boring economic lessons form these two will overpower the hedonistic, free lunch, perverse cultural, anti-God candy that the left offers. The government, my friend, sounds much more like a father to the masses than does the marketplace.

Emotions -not logic or economics lessons from rich experts, are what wins elections and the elitist GOP hasn’t a clue.

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Oh. You want emotion. You want someone who will bite his lip and feel your pain. You want someone who will promise you hope and change. You want a messiah to lead you to the promised land. Well that’s what you got. How you liking it so far?

You tell us what we don’t need are grown ups who understand economics and finance even though those are the problems that are killing this country. No, we don’t need people who know how to tackle such boring details as GDP stagnation, high unemployment and crushing debt. We need someone who tells us what we want to hear and makes us feel good about ourselves. An entertainer who will fill up the meaningless and empty hours of our lives with drivel about briefs or boxers or some other light, witty topic.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Actually, Bruti, what America needs is a Conservative statesman, not a Moderate who wets his finger and sticks it in the wind first before making a decision.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM

And to the morning crew. Sorry for the mess.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Sheesh, Bmore. Could one of you overnight guys (or gals) crack open a window when you leave, to air it out a little?

LOL I love reading your overnights and listening to the music selection in the morning. It takes a while but it’s fun. Hey, I won the lottery last night. Yup $11. Take it to the bank!

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Can you be so blind that you fail to realize why people vote for the left?

I noticed you completely ignored the deadly fact that it is freedom that is at risk. Apparently that doesn’t concern the die-hard fiscal folks anymore.

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I understand the stakes completely. And that is why I keep telling people like you to shut down the internecine nonsense and back the one person who will put a stop to the threat. Our nominee is Mitt. That must be clear even to you by this point. So what are you going to do? Keep complaining that he’s not your choice or get on board to send PBHO back to community agitating in ChiTown?

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM

We ain’t gonna’ get that this time.

We can chose between the guy the Rooskies don’t like and the guy who will cut deals with them after he gets past the electorate.

Your choice.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM

bluegill on March 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Because we all sit around wondering what Bluegill’s take on issues of the day is.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Can you be so blind that you fail to realize why people vote for the left?

Don L on March 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Yup. Freedom is at risk and we are up against free (more candy from the government) and dumb (uninformed voters). We do need someone who can at least articulate in short sound bites to the masses that all of America will be better off under a different president. Short and to the point. Marketing gurus understands this. What fits on a billboard? What can you read at 65 mph as you whiz by? That is what we (Republicans) are pretty bad at, distilling the conservative message for the lazy and uninformed. Real Freedom. Try it, you’ like it.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I’ve already posted that I will hold my nose and vote for The Legacy, if he gets 1144 or gets nominated at a brokered convention.

I’m just sayin’ that I would rather have a Conservative, instead of the author of Romneycare.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Bluegill, just for fun, find the extra “s” in my post.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Heck… he’s been selling us out, stealing and spreading the treasure, dividing to conquer, and smiling while doing so since day one. We don’t need to see no stinking transcripts to know that.
And any moron who does need to see them is too far into the OZombie Zone to give a rat’s behind. But… okay. It’ll make for good blog fodder.

RalphyBoy on March 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

bluegill on March 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM

…Fluke off!!!!

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Bluegill, your writing style sure is reminiscent of someone who liked to talk about their Grammy.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I know, me too.

Trying to get used to this defending Romney without coming off like the Romney fluffin’ nutballs. It may take a while.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM

In all sincerity, I am glad that you are making the effort. For my part, I’ll try not to make that more difficult for you :-)

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

It’s so refreshing to read about the reasoning from an intelligent candidate for the Presidency.

Lourdes on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Yup $11. Take it to the bank!

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Nice take! Lunch on you? : ) I did leave the windows open. You’re right though there is a bit of a stench. Smells like rotting fish. Wonder where that’s coming from? Any rotting fish on the thread? Why look there is……
Fallon, I’ll have to try and remedy that. Lets see whats help with the smell of stinky fish? I’ll get it taken care of one way or another. Y’all on the morning crew have it rough enough without having to deal with that too.
So, where we going to lunch? ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Precisely. I just wish these Townhall/dKos Romney Fluffin’ nutballs would switch to decaf.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I just wish these Townhall/dKos Romney Fluffin’ nutballs would switch to decaf.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Since you brought her up, what happened to csdeven, and her human suit?

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM

She vanished..but, bluegill remains to HaHaHa for her.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM

It is impossible if you’re arguing anything other than what you perceive to be the least bad option. Romney is a bad option. Period. I can understand someone voting for Romney if he thinks that the only alternative is or will be Obama, but that’s about it.

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:03 AM

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

You generally make it impossible for anyone that doesn’t already support Romney to even consider supporting Romney. Which is why I’m pretty sure you support Obama.

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Since you brought her up, what happened to csdeven, and her human suit?

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Last time I saw her was when she came in on a QOTD thread with us. She and I had been yapping at each other a good bit that day and she followed me over here to continue. I gave her an olive branch. We exchanged some tunes. She likes classical and Opera and of course I do too. We actually had a nice evening and got along pretty well after that. Then she just stopped posting.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Ya’ don’t have to like like it. Resistance is futile.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM

So, where we going to lunch? ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Not Long John Silver’s, lol. I could not handle the smell today. If you can make it to Chicago, lunch on me at Portillo’s.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Then she just stopped posting.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM

You got to her…and she went poof in a ball of smoke.

Congratulations, you saved us all from the wicked witch.

You can remove the noob vest now.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Then she just stopped posting.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM

You killed her with kindness? Whoddda thunkit.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM

That’s right. Get it all out of your system. Let those toxins ooze out and purge yourself of all of those pent up frustrations. You must be feeling just a little better already.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Portillo’s.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Perfect! If you ever get down my way, we’ll take a drive down to the city and enjoy this place. What’ll ya have, what’ll ya have, what’ll ya have? Or we can skip the drive and go here.

You can remove the noob vest now.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Thank you, don’t mind if I do boss, its spring and that thing was starting to really itch. ; )

You killed her with kindness? Whoddda thunkit.

Fallon on March 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I don’t know about that, but music does act as a great equalizer sometimes. Gives folks a chance to get to know each other and possibly reflect. : )

Off to the dreaded Stihl 362 land for a while. See y’all later.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM

You can’t make a fortune as a venture capitalist without making thousands of good and decisive decisions. Romney will govern conservatively because he is a conservative in his core and because he’s smart enough to understand that the country is desperately in need of conservative solutions.

As someone who is perceived as a moderate, Romney will be able to sell conservative solutions better than anyone. On economic issues Mitt won’t be sticking his finger in the air, but if he does he will feel winds blowing from the right.

You have your panties in a wad over nothing. It will be interesting to see if people like you mature over the coming months and years.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Romneycare is not a Conservative option. By the way, I’ve raised 3 step-sons and a daughter, my maturity is fine, thank you. Go chastise some of your fellow Mitt Supporters like Gunlock and MJB, and get the logs out of their eyes, before you attempt to pluck the cinder out of mine.

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Romneycare was promoted by The Heritage Foundation and was praised by conservatives when it was passed. Your inability to be honest and fair minded about this issue speaks to your maturity.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 11:36 AM

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM

That is nonsensical unless you are trying to ensure that I’d never support Romney.

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Popular Vote totals:

Romney – 4,127,917
Santorum – 2,850,546
Gingrich – 2,212,001
Paul – 1,079,753

Spread Romney +1,277,371

You don’t really believe it?

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Well, a lot of us have a different take on your “math”.

I see Romney with his 4,127,917 votes, down -2,014,383 to the 6,142,300 who voted “Anyone But Romney”.

Harbingeing on March 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

besser tot als rot on March 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Some of them are 0bama plants. That is their goal.

cozmo on March 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM

First of all kingsjester. Romneycare, as it has been dubbed, isn’t what Romney and the Heritage Foundation initially proposed. The Massachusetts State Healthcare, as it stands today, ISN’T what Romney wanted or initially signed. That’s why he wielded 8 vetoes against it, that were all evetually overcome by the 85% controlled Democratic state legislature.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2012 at 11:36 AM

And now, every Conservative that supported it, admits that they were wrong. Why can’t you be honest?

Remember this from Hot Air on 11/17/11?

Well, Jonathan Gruber would know, wouldn’t he? After all, he advised both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama on health-care reform. In an interview yesterday with Capital New York, Gruber vented his frustration with Romney, claiming that he’s lying about the differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare:

He credited Mitt Romney for not totally disavowing the Massachusetts bill during his presidential campaign, but said Romney’s attempt to distinguish between Obama’s bill and his own is disingenuous.

“The problem is there is no way to say that,” Gruber said. “Because they’re the same [expletive] bill. He just can’t have his cake and eat it too. Basically, you know, it’s the same bill. He can try to draw distinctions and stuff, but he’s just lying. The only big difference is he didn’t have to pay for his. Because the federal government paid for it. Where at the federal level, we have to pay for it, so we have to raise taxes.”

kingsjester on March 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Well, a lot of us have a different take on your “math”.

Harbingeing on March 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Specious logic my friend.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Harbingeing on March 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Who is this “Anybody But Romney” of which you speak? I see Romney ahead of his next closest competitor by well over a million voters and rising. I see a lead in delegates that surpasses the the combined total of all of his competitors.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I don’t want to hijack the thread and turn it into a philosophical discussion but I guess you and I have a different definition of ” free and fair” when the average voter is manipulated rather than informed.

That’s all I’m getting at. Obviously, the mechanism of “one man, one vote” is preferable to all other political systems man has devised, but to think that the average voter has more political influence than entrenched special interest groups, with particular emphasis on a partisan press, is naive at best.

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

It’s time to focus on Obama. Delegate math is not math anymore. Mitt has to do a better job, yes, ideal candidate, nope, never have one. But he needs to come off the chain and start taking this admin to task. He may surprize us with some tenacity. He has a good supporting cast, Rubio Ryan, Newt, etc. And once we get the okay from Boehner, it’s game on.

Rusty Allen on March 31, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I see. Those stupid sheeple were all manipulated in to voting for Mitt. The dumb schmucks just didn’t know they were doing. I’ll bet you must love John McCain and Russ Feingold who worked so very hard to clean up our elections and make them “fair.” And I bet you must have loved it when PBHO called out the SCOTUS on their terrible Citizen’s United ruling. After all, what could be more “fair” than having the government tell us what we can and cannot say, thus ensuring that all of the unwashed masses have access only to the right kinds of information and opinions.

The fact is that thanks to the SCOTUS this has been the most open election we’ve had in decades. Not free enough for my liking by a long shot, but the rules have loosened up to the point that even a lone, good for nothing gambling mogul can keep a loser candidate around just so that he can conduct a scorched earth propaganda campaign against the evil Establishment candidate who has won on his merits nonetheless.

MJBrutus on March 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM