Quotes of the day

posted at 10:39 pm on March 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

“In a general election-style speech at Lawrence University in Appleton Wisconsin Friday, Mitt Romney delivered one of his most fundamental critiques of Barack Obama of the campaign so far. The president, Romney said, was elected in 2008 on the strength of his personality, and despite his failures remains surrounded by true believers who are poised to attack anyone who challenges their hold on power.

“‘This is a president who was elected not on the strength of a compelling record of accomplishment but by a compelling personality and story,’ Romney said. But while the president’s persona appealed to many voters, Romney said, his actual performance in office led to widespread disappointment. Now, Romney continued, ‘though the reality has failed the hope and change he promised, [Obama] remains surrounded by true believers who attack anyone who challenges their power. And, as we see each day, they will fight even more fiercely to hold on to that power.’…

“Part of Obama’s story, Romney reminded the audience, was his time as a community organizer — an experience that Obama often cited as a key qualification for him to be elected president. But Romney said Obama’s time as an organizer taught him precisely the wrong lessons about the economy. ‘Barack Obama once said that his work as a community organizer motivated him to help ‘communities that had been ravaged by plant closings,” Romney said. ‘His desire to help others could not be more admirable, but it’s clear that he saw free enterprise as the villain and not the solution.’ The ‘ironic tragedy’ of Obama’s time in office, Romney said, ‘is that the community organizer who wanted to help those hurt by a plant closing became the president on whose watch more jobs were lost than any time since the Great Depression.’”

***

“Following a front-page Wall Street Journal article Thursday reporting that employees at Bain Capital, Romney’s former private-equity firm, were allowed to invest their retirement money in companies the firm acquired through a special share class, the Obama camp is seeking Romney’s old tax returns to see if they contain information about the investment arrangement…

“‘Today’s report raises additional questions about Gov. Romney’s manipulation of the tax laws,’ Ben LaBolt, an Obama spokesman, told The Journal, adding that Romney ‘may have engaged in questionable maneuvers to drive up the value of his IRA.’…

“‘The Obama campaign is playing politics, just as he’s doing in his conduct of foreign policy,’ Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul wrote. ‘Obama should release the notes and transcripts of all his meetings with world leaders so the American people can be satisfied that he’s not promising to sell out the country’s interests after the election is over.’”

***

“The conventional thinking has been that after a long and divisive primary campaign, the challenge of uniting the GOP would force Romney to pick a running mate with strong appeal to tea party activists and evangelicals. But Romney’s team thinks he may be liberated from that pressure if he can finish off remaining rivals Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul in the next few weeks…

“His advisers said they do not believe geography will play all that important a role, and that he seems unlikely to choose someone to court a single state or constituency. He does not, so far, appear to have discussed the need to pick a minority or a woman, for example, to appeal to certain kinds of voters…

“‘Knowing Mitt as I do, I think he’s going to be very much of the school that we need a vice president who can become president,’ said the adviser, who like others interviewed demanded anonymity because of the sensitivity of the vice presidential search process.”

***

“By some measures, Mr. Obama’s re-election drive, which at one point was projected as perhaps the first $1 billion campaign in U.S. history, has collected tens of millions of dollars less than President Bush’s campaign had at the same point in 2004, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) figures…

“At times, Mr. Obama’s top aides have openly fretted about the level of resistance they are encountering from some Democratic donors, especially in the face of the challenge posed by the pro-GOP super PACs. The president’s fundraising team has tried to highlight in stark terms what it sees as the consequences of Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney winning the White House…

“‘Too many Obama supporters are falling into a trap,’ he wrote. ‘They’re waiting to donate until we have a clear opponent. There’s too much at stake, and not enough time, to be doing that.’”

***

“The gender gap in presidential politics is not new. Democratic candidates have gotten more support from women than men for more than 30 years. Even so, Barack Obama’s advantages among women voters over his GOP rivals are striking.

“In the Pew Research Center’s most recent national survey, conducted March 7-11, Obama led Mitt Romney by 20 points (58% to 38%) among women voters. It marked the second consecutive month that Obama held such a wide advantage over Romney among women (59% to 38% in February). In both February and March, Obama ran about even with Romney among men.”

***

“President Obama is sharpening his campaign rhetoric, saying tonight that Republican plans to return to economic policies of the George W. Bush years is ‘madness.’

“Obama prefaced that comment by saying, ‘we won’t win the race for new jobs and new businesses and middle-class security if we cling to this same old, worn-out, tired ‘you’re on your own’ economics that the other side is peddling.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Thanks a lot, katy. You gave me a Jenfidel flashback. And that’s not a good thing.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’m sorry. :(
Guess she still isn’t over her meltdown.

katy the mean old lady on March 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Thank you all for the links.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Thanks. I think I prefer PJM, though. It’s far less clubby, and much more substantive over there.

Cheers! I’ll continue to look in now and then whenever I’m feeling overly optimistic.

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Pedantic much?

Douche bag much?

kjl291 on March 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Two white guys sitting together wearing plaid shirts. What’s that tag? no homo?

aryeung on March 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Well, I finally finished Stephen Coonts’ “Flight of the Intruder” last night and now I’ve got three “issues” books to delve into:

Liberal Fascism–Jonah Goldberg

Primetime Propaganda–Ben Shapiro

Righteous Indignation–Andrew Breitbart.

Think I’ll hit the bed and read a couple of chapters of Liberal Fascism and call it a night.

Later, all.

predator on March 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’m a relative newbie here, and that’s my take on this.

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Wow, what a charmer. No wonder you’re so popular. Are you Dr. Tesla under another name?

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

No, hold on, don’t go. I’m being serious, I’ll talk to you.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

You know, lemons don’t taste as good as peaches. I guess I better start being more substantive. Thx for getting my head right. This club sucks.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good night predator.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hope you got the good kind, good lady :)

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Black Seal. Give it a try.

katy the mean old lady on March 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’d rather be w/docT as long as he is medded right.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Wow, what a charmer.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Bummer, buzz killer, I would have talked smack with him.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

as long as he is medded right.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Cheers to that.

minnesoter sounds all butthurt because no one is falling all over themselves telling him how brilliant his political analysis is. So instead he plays control freak and tells us how this site “should” be and that he’s taking his ball and going home.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Probably thinks I’m illiterate after reading that. In all fairness, I was hurrying because it looked like he was leaving fairly quickly. Oh well, I tried.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Wait a minute!!..:):)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Good night predator.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

‘Night Bmore. Why did I get “Noonanesque” vibes from minnesoter?

Ah well. Something to ponder after I read a while.

Later.

predator on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Be nice, especially to the new folks. The house is full of enough craziness already, kind of like the land, of late.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

My daughter doesn’t usually discuss politics, but one of her co-workers, a black man, mentioned something about how most people don’t really know Obama’s policies so she thought he was open to a discussion about Obama’s complete failure as POTUS. Boy, was she wrong! He told her that she didn’t know anything, etc. She asked him to name one good policy of Obama’s and he said “He gives us hope”. She told him she wasn’t going to have that conversation with a black man.

That’s the depth of ignorance and brain-washing in half of the people in this country.

Common Sense on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Sorry to have missed you.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Well, I’ve got no reason to hang around and get lectured by the nannies.
G’night, everyone.

a capella on March 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I would have talked smack with him.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I admire your stamina. And your smack is some of the best in town. But that guy just wanted to take a hot steaming dump. There were plenty of people to respond to him, and there’s plenty of people talking pure politics ALL DAY LONG.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

+ 100..Reminds me of mom..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Heck, I would have been more then happy to talk to him. He isn’t a troll, right?

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Bummer, buzz killer, I would have talked smack with him.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

A jerk. I made what I thought was a decent post prior to yours addressing RasThavas and minnesoter and agreeing w/the prior’s take on Obama. I receive a silly snark about “nursie”.
No more kidding around for me—-no music, cars, love. Me so sad.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

*whispers*..Dave!..Open the door!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

G’night a capella.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Be nice, especially to the new folks.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I give everyone at least three strikes.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Righteous Indignation–Andrew Breitbart.

Later, all.

predator on March 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I just bought Andy’s book. It is the first thing I am reading after I finish Heinlen’s Stranger in a Strange Land.

Hammock camping the next three nights out in the MO wilderness. Plenty of time to read…and grok, my water brothers.

tom daschle concerned on March 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

: )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

That is why I like the tail end of QOTD. I don’t feel like going to bed po’d about politics or all dirty from a troll fight.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Most of the good old timers are on strike, gulching. The dynamics, the wit, the good ‘fights’ are mostly gone. Now we just ‘shoot’ trolls, complain about the R squishes or ‘socialize’.

Cheers back at you!

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I wonder if we were all changed some night? Let me think. Are we the same when we get up in the morning as before? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different before. But if we are not the same, the next question is ‘Who in the world are we’ Ah, that’s the great puzzle!

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Cheech and Chong. Dave is not here. (:

SparkPlug on March 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Common Sense on March 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Like talking to my dog. At least he acts like he’s interested in what I have to say.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

If I weren`t such a hick and a lightweight, I`d almost think that`s an insult.

kim roy on March 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Cleanse yourself ..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Did anyone else feel that Mitt seemed uneasy next to Paul Ryan here?

That article about his VP. Once again does it signal a hard pivot to the left? How can that strategy win? If it did what would that look like?

What is Romney going to replace Obama Care with?

Steveangell on March 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I tried to be nice to the fellow. I got some bad news for em. At my age, chances are my deposition isn’t gonna change much.; ) Life is too short. I don’t think it was necessary to insult everyone.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I don’t think it was necessary to insult everyone.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM

We shall call him Tortoise because he taught us.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I can’t win for losing. Check this out:

Give me a break.
You go into the poorest ares where most of the residents live on food stamps and do not work and you will see three hundred pounders on every corner.

NeoKong on March 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Just what are they supposed to do? No hope for a better life. The man is keeping them down, the repubs are trying to stop Obama, so all that is left in their sordid life is to eat,fk, and watch TV.

arnold ziffel on March 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

and what does poor arnold get?

No hope for a better life
arnold ziffel on March 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You F’n tool, hope has nothing to do with anything unless all you want to do is put your hand out.

the repubs are trying to stop Obama,

awesome, he’s the food stamp king and you point to repubs.

In case there is any misunderstanding…….FU!

dmann on March 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

He isn’t a troll, right?

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Not at all. Is likely someone very seriously concerned about the land, and shocked about what Obama has changed.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

We shall call him Tortoise because he taught us.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I shall call him Pompous Ass. Because he’s pompous. And an ass :)

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cleanse yourself ..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

All better here. Thanks. : )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Was that really necessary? :)

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I wonder what Barry’s first job will be after he leaves the presidency? Maybe the Russians will give him an entry-level job working the U.S. desk at the foreign ministry?

Punchenko on March 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

He’s gonna be around FOREVER unless Michelle kills him November 7th for losing her cool vacay ride

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Mmm, Johnny Walker.

Rusty Allen on March 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

The lightning out west is peculiar; it is so convincing, that when it strikes a thing it doesn’t leave enough of that thing behind for you to tell whether … … well, you’d think it was something valuable, and Barack Obama had been there.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM

We shall call him Tortoise because he taught us.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Lol! Cheshire Cat, nice to see you. There is something I’m curious about if you don’t mind me asking. You write good poetry, it could double as lyrics I think. Do you like music. If so what do you like musically?

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I am concerned too but I don’t have a stick up my pooter.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I shall call him Pompous Ass. Because he’s pompous. And an ass :)

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Tut, tut, child! Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

This is the bottom line..:):)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Certainly then he would understand how shocked we all are. That we are just trying to sort it all out. Why do you think he was so upset by our Tom foolery. I mean I’m not, and there is plenty about HA that I do find troubling. Is it wrong to have a place at the end of the long day to hang and just be lighthearted?

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, sir, because I’m not myself you see.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Punchenko on March 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I used to think President for life.

But now I am starting to think Mitt will win with Obama his VP. Obama said he would bring BiPartisanship to America and that would fulfill his promise in an undeniable way.

Steveangell on March 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

This is the bottom line..:):)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Again, not only are you making me happier, but the other half is now singing. : ) She was there with me that last night I had mentioned to you. ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, sir, because I’m not myself you see.

Cheshire Cat on March 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

But the yourself I don’t see likes music? Maybe?

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

This is the bottom line..:):)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Love me some Chapin.

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Watched Harry’s and Simon/Garfunkel, made me think of this. Is it on topic enough? Cause I don’t want another visit from the no fun police. They used to bother us kids growing up in Tijuana.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Cats in the cradle, circle…

Rusty Allen on March 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Chapin was/is awesome..I am fond of this tune also..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

arnold, you are always loved here amongst friends. ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Use the ignore button friend..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

minnesoter on March 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

An olive branch, in hopes that it may help you appreciate and understand us.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

What kind of blockhead would not realize I was kidding about the “poor”?

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Chapin was/is awesome..I am fond of this tune also..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Yesss. Good singer, but an even better storyteller.

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Use the ignore button friend..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

It was funny. I re read the guy slamming it and couldn’t believe the humorless goof thought I was serious. C’mon isn’t that what stinky lib would say?

thx for WOLD, had not heard that in more than thirty years.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

What kind of blockhead would not realize I was kidding about the “poor”?

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

This kind.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:56 AM

An olive branch, in hopes that it may help you appreciate and understand us.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I’ll give em a hickory switch. I tried to make an intelligent hand out gesture and got snapped. Last week it was inspectordoody. I didn’t know this was a club. and as far as raschivas comment about loss of target acquisition—arnold is sharper than he looks.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Yesss. Good singer, but an even better storyteller.

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Ha Ha… look – its two Brooks Brothers models pretending to be “real” men by wearing plaid shirts. Ha Ha
What a bunch of bull crap posing. I was ready to ask where the dog was?

PhilipJames on March 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM

In 2008, Mitt was my guy. Was told I couldn’t have him…it was either McCain or 0bama. Well it was neither for me…I voted for Palin.

Not so hot on Romney these days.

Now it appears to be that my choice is Romney or the traitor who wants to capitulate to Vladamir.

Note to RNC: I’m on board because the stakes are so high this go-around…but after this, you better start giving me some better choices or I’m going third party.

Tomolena1 on March 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Your welcome..:)

PS..We need me to ever back you up..just let me know..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Here is one from Linda and The Eagles before she ate one too many chalupas:

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:04 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Your welcome..:)

PS..You need me to ever back you up..just let me know..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What kind of blockhead would not realize I was kidding about the “poor”?

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

This kind.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 1:56 AM

arnold take time to listen and hear the lyrics. Look them up if you have to. It really is perfect for him, if I do say so myself. ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Tomolena1 on March 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Exactly how I feel. Number one task is removing Barry before the cancer spreads. We’ll deal with the other stuff later.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM

No idea if this fits this evening’s fare, but I’m partial to it.

4Grace on March 31, 2012 at 2:07 AM

She said that Trayvon ‘tweeted’ the following, which is a screenshot of an alleged facebook comment thread.

tom daschle concerned on March 31, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Michael Suave French is a real screen name in Facebook, but it is blocked to friends only, and the picture on that screenshot is the same picture as the one on his Facebook profile.

cptacek on March 31, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I will but it is a “404—Bmore no good”

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I know you’re there. Thanks.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I gotta say this, for folks who lack creativity I feel pity. Creative thought is a wondrous thing when joined with logic. Its a art form all to itself. Rant off.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I will but it is a “404—Bmore no good”

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Huh? Try this.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:10 AM

What a bunch of bull crap posing. I was ready to ask where the dog was?

PhilipJames on March 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Were they barefoot and looking into each others eyes?

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Du kannst mich mal am Arsch lecken!

Bmore on March 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Eww, Dude, Some of us Understand German. :P

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Last I checked, only AP or Ed or Tina can limit/deny comments — after the fact — at HA…

Say what you will…

Cheese???

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:13 AM

What a bunch of bull crap posing. I was ready to ask where the dog was?

PhilipJames on March 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM

..the dog was crapping in your Wheaties, asss-face!

(Sorry, all. In a singularly uncharitable mood this evening.)

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I see what I did wrong, for some reason the link box here at HA has a pre loaded Http:/ you have to remember to delete. I forgot to delete before adding the link. Sorry arnold, thanks for letting me know.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:14 AM

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

..you would not also be known as “Aslan” would you?fri

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Eww, Dude, Some of us Understand German. :P

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Good deal, cause I have no idea what it means, other then what the interweb translator said it meant.

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Eww, Dude, Some of us Understand German. :P

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Oh, and ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Don’t put the cursor directly in the link box and then paste. No double http that way…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:18 AM

(Sorry, all. In a singularly uncharitable mood this evening.)

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:14 AM

No problem, it seems to be an appropriate mood for the thread. : )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:19 AM

JtL,

Congrats on Stanford’s title…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I forgot. ; ( Can’t be cause of where I was born, can it? ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM

That is why the fun police ticked me off up thread. I have learned so much and really honed my thinking/writing skills from HA and Michelle Malkin and books. However, there is no reason to be a curmudgeon. There are some posters here that are very clever as well as funny. Some of the snarks are just awesome.

I liked your Devo–blockhead.

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

arnold ziffel on March 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM

..good on yer, Arnold. Renewed respect. Welcome to the fight and after we dump that assswipe, if Romney doesn’t pan out, I am there with you, old son!

The War Planner on March 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I forgot. ; ( Can’t be cause of where I was born, can it? ; )

Bmore on March 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Nope…I used to do that most everytime…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Well I have had enough of ruining this thread for one evening. My most humble apologies to all. And to all a good night. I’ll leave you with this. Should tide you over for about an hour and a half.

Good Night All.