Democrats already attacking the Romney-Ryan “bromance”

posted at 9:10 am on March 30, 2012 by Tina Korbe

As expected, Wisconsin Republican Rep. Paul Ryan endorsed Mitt Romney this morning, making the announcement in an appearance on Fox and Friends.

The timing of his decision coincides with the recent end of Ryan’s stint as chairman of the Republican National Committee presidential trust, “which made it difficult for him to pick a horse in the 2012 election,” according to Political Ticker.

As AP wrote last night, Ryan’s endorsement is yet another signal — especially following Marco Rubio’s like endorsement — that GOP leaders and Tea Party darlings alike have decided to coalesce around Mitt Romney — and that it can now “kinda sorta” be considered “conservative” to vote for Mitt Romney. Ryan, whose budget proposal just passed the House yesterday by a vote of 228 to 191, is known as a bold legislator whose twin priorities of economic growth and entitlement reform very well could be the key to turning the country’s fiscal outlook around. Ryan is also popular in his home state, where Romney already has a sizable lead in the polls.

Yet, in the general election, a Ryan endorsement could actually be a liability of sorts. Democrats are notoriously apt to demagogue Ryan’s budget, commonly reciting the claim that it would “end Medicare as we know it.” Never mind that simple math will end Medicare as we know it if Congress takes no step to reform the broken program! In fact, the Democratic National Committee has already released an ad that mocks the supposed “bromance” between Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

Among the many misleading lyrics, this shameless line appears in the ad: “When they meet to prepare / ways to end Medicare / that’s amoré.” With Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the helm of the DNC, though, I’d expect nothing less ridiculous.

Whatever Democrats say, though, Mitt Romney’s embrace of the Paul Ryan budget is a positive for the country, as it means the frontrunner is committed to speak out about the vital importance of spending cuts and entitlement reform to America’s fiscal future. Ryan’s endorsement should only make it easier for Mitt Romney to risk Democratic demonization for the sake of supporting the most substantive budget proposal to pass the House this year — and to convince the American people in the process that Washington has not been telling them the facts about entitlements. As Paul Ryan has proved, the trump card in this political debate is the truth.

In the end, though, the easiest rebuttal to Democrats’ constant criticisms might just be a simple question: Where’s their plan?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Do you take special pride in demonstrating how freaking ignorant you are? A “comrade” is a “friend”. That implies a relationship between two commenters. That simply does not exist between Bluegill and me.

Next, to be “amoral” requires not knowing right from wrong. Ironically, you fit into that category perfectly, what with your not understanding that you can’t go around and make false accusations about people, and then slither away when confronted.

So yeah, ask your mommy for a dictionary. Sadly, she can’t help you with logic and common sense.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I am not being coy, that was a comment made a month ago in an occupy discussion. And she lived with the guy. Offensive the way I stated it, yep.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

That’s a start. Hopefully it won’t take you 12 steps to repudiate it entirely.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Hopefully it doesn’t take you long to find someone else to annoy. I’m sure with your skills it won’t.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Your concern is duly noted, along with the laughter it brought.

Me thinks you need to train your lapdog some more.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

And for anyone else, I was ashamed that I said that in the first place. I haven’t and won’t say anything like it ever again.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Face it honey, y’all are comradettes even though you try to deny it.

Ya’ both attack all who aren’t sufficiently pro-Romney
Ya’ both make up y’alls own facts to support Romney
Ya’ both are doing y’alls best to drive uncommitted folks away from Romney
Y’all depend on each other for mutual support when y’alls latest nutballyness doesn’t work out like y’all planned
And most curious, ya’ both have a real problem with miss Korbe.

Heck, my mom would probably cuff me on the head for the time I already spend on you. “You don’t know where those kind of amoral females have been” is what she would say while doing it.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You know, I really need to give this asinine, ignorant comment more precise attention:

-I don’t “make up facts”. It’s your duty to prove me wrong. Fine ONE factual error I have made. Thanks in advance.

- I don’t depend on bluegill for “mutual support”. I don’t interact with her. I have rarely responded to her comments except to ask her to stop using word “bigot”.

- As for Tina, I’ve had “problems” with Allah and Ed too at times. So what? I provide reasoned arguments why when I disagree…

Meanwhile, I read your “amoral” comment in haste. It is a disgusting, reprehensible statement and you deserve to be “cuffed on the head” for that.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

There ya go!

Your concern is duly noted, along with the laughter it brought.
Me thinks you need to train your lapdog some more.
cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

What “concern”? As to your ‘laughter’ I’m picturing Anthony Perkins laughing away on his rocking chair. All this “fluffin nutballs” stuff on your part is clearly projection on your part.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

There ya go!

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Don’t be stingy on the treats this time.

And I’m happy you went to the trouble of making up those answers…I spent so much time on that.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I’m not seeking your approval. Thanks for trying to make my repentance fit your terms. I had already made my penance. You have a god-complex and think anyone but you is irrelevant. Enjoy your loneliness.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Don’t be stingy on the treats this time.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM

What “treats”. Wtf are you talking about, creepy one? Next: What did I “make up”? If you were from a foreign country (which you deny) you’d at least have an excuse for your lack of basic vocabulary and writing skills.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

OMG. I tried to help you out here. I didn’t give you any “terms” whatsoever. Oh well.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Sorry honey, you may be able to beat lesser beings into submission, but I ain’t dancin’ to your tune no matter what treats you offer.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

First thing. If I said all three of our comments to each other had risen above what would be considered reasonable and civil exchanges at some point, on all of our parts, could we all just tone this down and even rather than demanding stupid apologizes, if I just stated that I’m very sorry the commentary got to this level and I’d like it to cease, what would be the chances that I could get the two of you to also agree in principle. Now, I know there’s going to be this concern of being the first one to answer and the other just piling on after that, but I think we’re all better people than that.

Additionally, I’m holding my Beretta 9mm to the head of my wife’s Cockatoo and I don’t think I could control myself if I see another ugly exchange. (He looks, really scared)

detente?

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

apoligizes HA! Again? For Pete’s sake.

Apologies!

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

detente?

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Did I ever mention that while not really hating anything, birds come close.

I had done my best to steer clear of her, and had every intention of doing so this time. When she started up her crap towards me…well the rest is here.

I’m ready to go back to letting her take on other folks and that fits the definition of detente.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Second thing. I know you’re not seeking anyone’s approval. And I really don’t expect you’re the kind of person that would back down from a comment even after it was shown in the first examination of it to be classless and uncalled for; then hypocritical in the second review of the hateful exchange. I’m actually satisfied to have it demonstrated to others and remind you what a hypocritical person you are.

So really? Do you think any one of the old timers here gained a reputation as someone to seek comments from, tease comments from or even sometimes trade heated but respectful debate out of, by acting like a classless troll like you? There isn’t an old timer here that you hold an intellectual candle to. Not Danish, not cozmo, not even my favorite liberal crr6. All of those people are not perfect, but they understood a limit of decent exchange. The first comment of yours I read told your whole story.

Congrats!

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Didn’t want to jump into your conversation, but it’s kind of funny that we disagree on things and get stupid at times but you mentioned a beretta 9. I have had one since I was 10, carried one in the
Military and love them above all other pistols to this day.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I’m ready for that. I’m ready for not singling her out (probably just because she was the poor commenter who addressed the complaint) and assigning some undue responsibility to her for the vitriol that we all see and know in our hearts that really, no one can do anything about.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

That doesn’t help unless you also have a Bushmaster AR15, a Superior Arms AR15, agree to tone it down a little and maybe give a little detente to Buy Danish. (Maybe Karen Santorum too)

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I already said I regretted that. As for buy Danish, I don’t owe her crap.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I already said I regretted that. As for buy Danish, I don’t owe her crap.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Come on!

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I don’t like this moral high ground crap. I said something
offensive, I apologized. I would like to move on.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I don’t like this moral high ground crap. I said something
offensive, I apologized. I would like to move on.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Neither do I. But one of us gets hit by a tobacco truck tomorrow and then it’s too late. Then what?

Come on!

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

That doesn’t help unless you also have a Bushmaster AR15, a Superior Arms AR15,

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Beretta 92F, but I prefer my Baby Eagle, she feels more like her big sister. It ain’t an AR unless its Colt, preferably pre-ban with the milled out lower to handle a drop in auto sear. Ar in .223, CAR in .223, AR in 7.62 and AR in 9mm.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Go on, do it. I’ve heard that bird say he was gonna to do the same to you first! LOL

and if the 9mm don’t work, I could always lend you my SIG .45 :o)

BlaxPac on March 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Nice haul. I’d be trading in the Bush AR (Both M4 style) if I could get a trade and pay up to a .308 M4.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

and if the 9mm don’t work, I could always lend you my SIG .45 :o)

BlaxPac on March 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

He looks less scared now. He’s still nervously moving his feet back and forth on the perch waiting on word from Danish though.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Might want to throw this into your closest too. I’ve been looking for a good Stoner-type system and h/t to the Israelis to get it right.

Give me a good heavy barrel for the 7.62 and a conversion kit to change to 5.56 and we got ourselves a true all-in-one …ummm, home defense system!

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

LOL, keep him guessing, and you’ll never hear a peep out of him.

BlaxPac on March 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Haven’t tried the M-4 style, but am tempted to swap an upper on the CAR and give it a try.

Only long gun I have that isn’t pre-ban is a Chinese knock-off AK that came with the “Planet of the Apes” stock that I retro-fitted back to standard AK.

For a reason I won’t go into I kind of shied away from the arsenal after 93′, nothing bad for me but bad for a bad guy. I just wasn’t into them.

The new 12 gauge assault shotguns have gotten me interested again though…USAS12, MKA1919, Saiga 12, I cannot make up my mind…maybe they will be the shotgun that the Spas 12 never turned out to be. Spas 12, beautiful, accurate, but overly complicated and picky about what you fed it.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:30

I hear ya. Like I said, I appologized. All I can do is be better in the future.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM

BlaxPac on March 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I really like the Israeli stuff, but am pretty stuck on the AR family. Its a Ford/Chevy thing. Or, considering how this thread has gone, a .45/9mm thing.

And y’all ain’t fired a pistol (yeah I tried the .44 auto mag once) ’til you’ve shot the IMI Desert Eagle, at dusk.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Nice. I like the M4 style from wanting the weapon right in the cockpit with me while I was still in. The short barrel and collapsible stock were the shite. Except for going full auto, both the Bush and Superior Arms are identical to the real M4s we were issued. Having a Beretta as a sidearm really does describe a guy with not much imagination I suppose. I like and can use what I’ve always been used to. I would love that .308 knockdown power though. They take a gas piston better than the .223/5.56 weapons too.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:30

I hear ya. Like I said, I appologized. All I can do is be better in the future.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Detente then and excuse me bringing up old comments.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I’ve never been as accurate with a sidearm as I am with a rifle, so I need the volume. 15 rounds baby of pray and spray.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM

They take a gas piston better than the .223/5.56 weapons too.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Smoother too.

As for side arm. Use what is most comfortable, its important (been there, done that). My favorite was a Belgian Hi-Power with military sights. I miss that gun. My hand is more comfortable with a larger frame and the Baby Eagle fills it almost as well as the big one. Unless you are the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger, only an idiot would carry one though.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

If you were to twitch while waiting I have recipe for Cockatoo. I’m told it works well with Spotted Owl also.

Yoop on March 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Tell me about it. That’s why I stick with 9mm. The aforementioned Hi-Power was dead on though. And my “plinkin’” Beretta model 76 has incredible accuracy. Makes even me look good.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yoop on March 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

And my arms getting tired. Full mag.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

And my arms getting tired. Full mag.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Hm-m-m-m… not sure I have anything for Cockatoo burger.

Yoop on March 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I hear ya. Like I said, I appologized. All I can do is be better in the future.
Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM

FTR, I’m very forgiving, especially when regret is expressed sincerely. I’m having a much harder time dealing with Cozmo, who, despite Hawkdriver’s urging, I’m not prepared to go to the detente stage with, particularly after her “amoral” comment, which wasn’t about a politician’s wife, but about me. Unless, of course, she wants to apologize.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

When I got hooked up flying for my BC, they loaded my crew for bear. I got a hand grip laser that was nothing short of awesome. Put the dot on what you want to say ow.

That and an ACOG for the rifle.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

My arm is so tired. So tired.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

And anyways, detente means not actually having to say you’re sorry.

You just say detente.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Really?

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

You can’t say you didn’t try.

As much as I don’t care for birds, I say give the feathered squawker a reprieve. After all, you do sleep with the thing’s owner. And my wife says look what happened to the last guy that apologized. So I can’t do that and expect happy things with mine.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

And anyways, detente means not actually having to say you’re sorry.
You just say detente.
hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I’ve been reviewing this thread. It’s just one example of the crap I’ve had to put up with with her. It may help you understand why I’m more inclined to the nuclear option at this point in time. Do note how tonight she is playing the poor, put upon victim who I picked on. What a farce.

So, thanks for your efforts, I honestly do appreciate them, but I’m not ready. Not unless she can vow to never use the phrase “fluffin nutball” or any variation thereof from this point forward. And to never again call someone a “hater” merely because they have some criticism of a candidate. And never again make an accusation she can’t even begin to support…

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Sorry to put you in a position where you could be subjected to some embarrassment. You were the bigger man. Actually, so was Rusty. But you guys called it.

For what it worth, we really don’t have a Cockatoo. If we did, I swear I would have snuffed him.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Ain’t my first rodeo with her.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

hahaha, I thought the feathers were going to fly.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Are you kidding me?! Your definition of “bigger man” is very different from mine.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Ain’t my first rodeo with her.
cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

You’re right! Here’s another thread where you behaved like an unmitigated jackass.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Oh well, I’m done with exposing poor, poor victimized Cozmo for the day. I won’t be around tomorrow so I’ll be spared the tedium of dealing with any more of her dishonest, intellectually vacant “commentary”.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Thanks for the golden oldie. Ah, those were the days.

cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Really Danish, you had a shot and elected to donate the elements that provided the worst possible outcome to this conversation. Because you’re able to qualify the outcome in some moral superiority.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Have a good night, everyone.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Have a good night, everyone.

Rusty Allen on March 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Same to you all. See you in some unknown number of weeks.

hawkdriver on March 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I don’t even know what that comment means. I ‘donated the elements’….? How about what the insufferable jackass Cozmo “donated” what with her “amoral” comment? I’ve gotten nothing but *crickets* from her (which is usually expressed obnoxiously as “Aw, kissy kissy it’s not my job to prove you’re a hatin’ nutball by actually providing evidence of this, I just get to call you a hater, slither away by saying you’re not worth a response, and get away with it”). She does this to me and other commenters. It’s her entire M.O. It is unacceptable, yet you praise her???

The last thread I linked to is a perfect example of the complete, utter, jackasserie of this despicable person you claim is Ms. Middle Of the Road Moderate totally fair Objective Commenter.

So yeah. No detente. She hasn’t done one freaking thing to deserve it.

Buy Danish on March 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Thanks for the golden oldie. Ah, those were the days.
cozmo on March 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

You’re still exactly the same jackass, using the exact same techniques, so, there’s no reason for you to wax nostalgic.

Buy Danish on March 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Can you b1tches please take your slapfest somewhere else?

Geez, you ought to get married.

HeatSeeker2011 on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

HeatSeeker2011 on March 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I think you just joined it.

smoothsailing on March 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Some of Hot Gas readers need to go out into non-political news websites. There you will see a genuine thirst for ANYONE BUT OBAMA. Your average American voter who fails to be a member of either the far right or far left will vote Romney – no question about it. Even these folks recognize the Obama failure in it’s full glory and will vote for anyone opposing him, as long as it’s not a bible-thumping zealot. Mitt is the man for the job – America no longer sees the need for a rock star, they want a serious man with a stellar resume running their country.
MRMR2012 (Mitt Romney Marco Rubio 2012)

BabysCatz on March 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM