WaPo on Jane Fonda: It’s just acting, folks

posted at 3:40 pm on March 28, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Ordinarily, I’d be thrilled with someone letting a little air out of an overinflated industry. How refreshing to read a culture columnist put into perspective what Hollywood elites do all day! They act. Oh, but it’s “brave” of them to take on a role that’s bound to earn them critical acclaim! It’s “noble” of them to portray a character with whom they don’t personally identify! It’s “breathtaking” when they recite lines amidst special effects that would make anyone look dramatic!

In this case, though, Suzi Parker’s reminder that “It’s just acting” isn’t aimed to adjust the attitudes of a self-indulgent microsociety. Parker writes:

As Fonda has matured, she looks a tad more like the former first lady with her caramel hair and chiseled features. The wardrobe department will certainly work its magic fitting her in Nancy red. We may even forget that Nancy is Jane in the handful of scenes that feature her.

Acting is just that – acting. If anyone should know that, it’s Nancy Reagan who, after all, met her beloved Ronnie in glitzy Hollywood when they were both actors.

Her words are clearly aimed to invalidate criticism of a director’s choice of actress to portray Nancy Reagan. Should Jane Fonda’s traitorous personal past disqualify her from acting the part of a loyal First Lady? Not necessarily.

But is it valid to criticize her selection even from an artistic standpoint? Absolutely. An actress is essentially a medium. The character she takes on as her own should come through her. In this case, Fonda’s very public and apparent leftism might very well render her an opaque medium through which it’s impossible for the essence of Nancy Reagan to appear. Note that even Parker only goes so far as to say we may forget that it’s Jane playing Nancy. If she were truly right for the part, we would forget it.

That’s why I’ve always marveled at the apparent eagerness of some actors and actresses eagerness to disclose their political affiliation. It renders their job infinitely harder because they have to overcome audience bias to be convincing in some roles.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Kinda’ like posing for pictures on an anti-aircraft gun.

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM

James Brolin (Yentl’s husband) played Reagan once.

portlandon on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Great, I’ll act like I don’t want to see the movie.

NoDonkey on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Sitting in an NVA AAA battery, while American airmen were being shot down and killed wasn’t just acting, folks.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Next, they’ll have Jeffrey Dahmer playing the Pope…

“It’s just acting, people…”

Khun Joe on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I don’t really mind that they picked Fonda to play the role, but couldn’t they at least find someone who is actually younger than Nancy Reagan to play the role?

Oh, wait. I just googled something. Never mind.

rogaineguy on March 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM

It’s a total insult to have a Communist TRAITOR like Fonda play the wife of one of the arch foes of communism… BOYCOTT

Kuffar on March 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

So when some conservative director decides to make a Ted Kennedy biopic, it’s not going to be a problem to cast Crowder as ol’ Water Wings, right?

Nom de Boom on March 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I’m sure they thought the same about The Passion of the Christ, right?

thebrokenrattle on March 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Khun Joe on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

If they get Dahmer to play the pope, he would skip right over that position and become a saint.

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Another movie I’ll happily avoid. Not going to give any of my money or time to a traitor.

rbj on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

When a liberal icon gets picked to play a conservative icon, shouldn’t that cause some kind of Matter/anti-Matter reaction?

birdhurd on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I wish that I could put all of these Communists on an island – and see what kind of Utopia they could build – Lord of the Flies, style.

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

It’d just be acting, folks.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

This reminds me of the way Richard Dreyfuss played Senator Bob Rumpson in “The American President”. Here’s a big liberal playing a Republican Senator running for President. He played the role so snidely and oily — basically as a caricature of what he thought a Republican would be. Couldn’t take the role seriously.

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Fred Armisen in “Obama: The Manchurian Candidate”

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Just another lefty revisionist history hack job movie that I won’t be seeing, like the Lady Thatcher movie. Can’t the left find some of their own heroines to make a film about? Like Margaret Sanger or Lucrzia Borgia? Maybe they could make a movie about Sheila Jackson Lee. Box office magic.

sandspur on March 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Millions of ‘crazy’ vets in this nation (according to leftists) and traitor Hanoi Jane still lives.

rayra on March 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Left Wing Misogynist Hack Danny Strong is writing that crap.

CoolChange80 on March 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Coming Soon! Charles Manson IS Jesus Christ!!!! In theatres 12/25/12!!!

di butler on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

A lady called in and said that when she was visiting her cattle rancher Uncle in Billings, MT a few years ago, they went to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes. Lots of other rancher types and their spouses were already waiting.

In comes Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. They want a table. The hostess says they’ll have to wait about 45 minutes. Jane Fonda asks if she knows who she is? “Yes, but you’ll still have to wait 45 minutes.” Then Jane says, “Is the manager in?”

The manager comes out, “May I help you?” “Do you know who I am?”, ask both Jane and Ted. “Yes, but these folks have all been waiting already and I can’t put you in ahead of them.”

Then Ted asks to speak to the owner. The owner comes out. Jane again asks, “do you know who I am?”

The owner says “Yes, I do…. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant and a Vietnam Veteran. Not only will you not get a table ahead of all of my friends and neighbors here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye.”

Only in America, what a great country!

Hanoi Jane can suck on my left Fluke

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

James Brolin (Yentl’s husband) played Reagan once.

portlandon on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

And that was a hack job to attack Reagan as showing signs of Alzheimer’s early in his first term as well as virulently anti-gay, neither of which has ever been proven.

In fact, Reagan is known to have told people to leave gays alone because he was friends with people like Rock Hudson, who later died of AIDS and spurred him to action on the disease.

teke184 on March 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Wait until you get a load of his “new” disciples!!!!!! Last Supper, INDEED!!!!

di butler on March 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

At first I thought, what a farce, Ronny must be tumbling in his grave. But then I thought about the number of people who would actually go see this film and it seemed pretty inconsequential.

scalleywag on March 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Hanoi Jane can suck on my left Fluke

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

You should have more respect for your left Fluke.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Coming Soon! Charles Manson IS Jesus Christ!!!! In theatres 12/25/12!!!

di butler on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

In that case, thank goodness the world ends on 12/21.

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

James Brolin (Yentl’s husband) played Reagan once.

portlandon on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

That made me barf.
And Fonda makes me wretch.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Who’s gonna play Ronnie, in this thing?

My guess -

Martin Sheen.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

You should copyright that idea immediately. You would make a fortune. Even better if they were abducted and forced to participate.

Lost in Jersey on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hanoi Jane can suck on my left Fluke

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

You must love your right one a lot more.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I would never forget.

tencole on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I hate the selection for the sake of one of the greatest presidents the land ever had.

On the Nancy part, meh…one über-leftie portrays a leftie.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Lost in Jersey on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Sounds like a great reality show.

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Lost in Jersey on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Yes! Yes, a mandate, for their “participation”!

Your idea is worth a %. Have your people contact my people.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I would never forget.

tencole on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I would never watch.

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

You would not believe the number of beers I plan on drinking before I visit Hanoi Jane’s grave…

M240H on March 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Pass on Hanoi Jane in anything just like I always do.

Dr Evil on March 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Great, I’ll act like I don’t want to see the movie.

NoDonkey on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You owe me a keyboard!

Les in NC on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hanoi Jane is a traitor POS.

M240H on March 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I see what you did there.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

M240H on March 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Oh man, you’ll need roughage. Lots and lots of roughage.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I wish that story were true, but it’s unfortunately not.

strictnein on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I’m looking forward to Urkel playing Obama.

It’s just acting.

Or Charlie Sheen playing Bill Clinton.

Bo Derek as Hillary

booter on March 28, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hmmm, “ruffage”?

Anybody?

Yes, I think I meant “ruffage.”

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Does treason have a statute of limitations? Would love to see Jane frogmarched.

wizzdumb on March 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Bo Derek as Hillary

booter on March 28, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I have yet to see Bo Derek, looking like an unmade bed.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Just return the favor. Find a conservative (Whit Stillman?) to do a biopic of Che Guevara and cast Larry the Cable Guy in the lead role.

Mr. D on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

As Hanoi Jane has matured, she does not look more like Nancy Reagan – she STILL looks like a traitor. Let’s be clear, to H.J., this is not “just acting”, it is one more opportunity to attack America – she is a sworn enemy of this nation, and will remain such until she breathes her last, acrid obama-lovin’ breath.

Be gone, Treasonous Hag – America still hates you!

Pork-Chop on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

The movie will get an R rating if it covers the Hollywood years.

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hanoi Jane can suck on my left Fluke

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Awesome!

HotAirian on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

WaPo on Jane Fonda: It’s just acting, folks

You call that acting??? Fonda’s acting is so unbelievable, she couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag. She owes her entire career to her father Henry Fonda. Spoiled brat!

Dollayo on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

The movie will get an R rating if it covers the Hollywood years.

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

And you still won’t have a date to take to it.

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Since when is Jane Fonda known as a great actress? I just knew that people thought she was hot prior to her going to Viet Nam. Well that and fitness tapes.

jeffn21 on March 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Oh heck no Tina. Let’s just forget all that trivial stuff and allow her to continue with a very comfortable materialistic life in a country that she despises. Maybe she can reprise her past in her next flick—”The Road to Hanoi”.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I for one am glad that Hollywood has finally come out of it’s closet and decided to let half the country know they hate us like poison. The feeling is mutual and this gives me even more reason to avoid movies and tv. First it was that hollow cheeked hag Julienne Moore playing Sarah Palin in Game Change, then Tom Hanks, Maryl Streep as Maggie Thatcher (and getting an Oscar for it)and now casting Hanoi Jane as Nancy Reagan. It’s in-your-face, it’s a big middle finger to anyone on the right and it tells you all you need to know about the movie industry.

neyney on March 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

The movie will get an R (for ridiculous) rating if it covers the Hollywood years ever shows.

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

FIFY

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Don’t ya just love rich Communists?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Don’t ya just love rich Communists?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I was in VN when that nasty, evil, c was there. Also remember John Kerry testifying before congress right before I left for my tour. No love from arnold z.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hollywood Losing Money

and that’s just Too Damn Bad!

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

No, we won’t.

Granted, that also assumes we will watch it, which is just as doubtful.

tdpwells on March 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Maybe she can reprise her past in her next flick—”The Road to Hanoi”.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Nah, let her reprise her role in the remake of Barbarella.

Its sure to be a blockbuster and that’s what Hollywood wants.

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Why would they create a movie no one will watch?

filetandrelease on March 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Next, they’ll have Jeffrey Dahmer playing the Pope…

“It’s just acting, people…”

Khun Joe on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Well they’ve had Sandra Fluke playing Mother Teresa for weeks now.

onomo on March 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

In the vacuum of space, a Forest Whitaker movie following the life of a longtime WH butler sounds compelling and very likely to entertain.

In a different context, (where almost every single actor producer director and financier of Hollywood movies is an abject left winger seething with rage, who WANTS you to understand how much they hate the evildoers ReaganBushPalinRush), a movie with Jane Fonda in the role of Nancy Reagan is a Bridge Too Far.

So, no I wont be seeing this movie if it does get made.

Sacramento on March 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I wish that story were true, but it’s unfortunately not.

strictnein on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I prefer to believe that it’s true, and that Americans are not afraid to express their free speech to one so deserving as Hanoi Jane.

From your snopes link:

Either way, appreciation for U.S. troops was running high at the time, and any story featuring a self-important movie star who got slapped back into place by a serviceman was going to be welcomed warmly both because such legends take a good poke at full-of-themselves celebrities (of which there were plenty) and applauds that hero of our times, the American soldier.

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Acting? Is that what they call that?

Where I come from, we call that “scenery chewing”.

JohnGalt23 on March 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Be gone, Treasonous Hag – America still hates you!

Pork-Chop on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

HOOAH!

tencole on March 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Maybe Hanoi Jane will drop dead before filming and I can finally taste the fine bottle of scotch that I have stored away awaiting celebration of that day. I do not feel this way about any other person, no matter how despicable they are. Fonda has held that honor since her traitorous actions.

Dingbat63 on March 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Dingbat63 on March 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Not even Bin Laden?

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Add that the guy wrote who the Game Change screenplay is writing this one too along with Jane Fonda playing Nancy Reagan, this will be a hatchet job for sure.

KateNE on March 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Thespian!

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Dingbat63 on March 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You and me both brother

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

We were waiting for the arrival of my cousin’s coffin from Vietnam when that b*tch traitor was smooching with the VietCong.
Traitor. Should have been tried for treason. B*tch.

srdem65 on March 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

They have a right to make this movie, she as a right to star in it, and we have a right to be offended by it and yell and scream about it. Unless they pass a mandate that everyone goes to see it, then I’m not terribly concerned. Wait, can this be considered interstate commerce?

Violina23 on March 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I wish that story were true, but it’s unfortunately not.

strictnein on March 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

lol, just cause Snopes claims it’s a lie doesn’t make it a lie. Snopes is run out of a house in California by a husband and wife team of Clinton Fluffers.

Del Dolemonte on March 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I’m going to produce a movie called “PBHO!” which will star my dogs, the big Newfie will have the leading role.

Relax, it’s just acting.

Bishop on March 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I still Need a Date to go with me to the 18+ NASCAR races here in CT this year. Please visit my Website.

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

If the DB’s in Hollyweird are planning on making money off this deal they better re-cast it pronto. No self respecting conservative or patriot would pay a nickle to see a commie traitor play the part of a heroine. And lefties sure aren’t going to want to see their ideological views shattered either.

antipc on March 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Feisty! Keep up the fiber intake!

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

At least half the nation is conservative. Why would the producers want to ensure that 50%+ of the country won’t see their work?

theCork on March 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

…and when Hanoi Jane gasped her last breath, a joyous, deafening sound rose up throughout the land, as multitudes of revelers took to the streets and celebrated the end of a cancerous, infested life…

Oracleforhire on March 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

When Hanoi Jane finally passes, they’ll give her an enema and bury her in a shoebox.

Bishop on March 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

what did anyone expect? its hollywood, there is almost no actress they couldve cast that wasnt gonna be a dyed in the wool liberal. you might say “but at least XXX didnt and and support the enemy during war” and my reply is only because they didnt get the chance. they wear those sorts of treasonous displays like badges of honor. we know what the real nancy is like and nothing they do can tarnish the truth.

chasdal on March 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Sorry, Jane, Apology Not Accepted

Jane Fonda wants the country to forgive her for her trip to Hanoi during the Vietnam war. But I say, “not yet.” The reason: she’s not really sorry!

Jane you ignorant slut!

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Bishop on March 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Wondering if Herman Cain can spare his rabbit catapult…

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Jane Fonda is a dirty whore.

slickwillie2001 on March 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Is there a statue of limitations for treason?? This is just a total insult to have that commie #$@%^ playing Nancy Reagan.

Southernblogger on March 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Next, they’ll have Jeffrey Dahmer playing the Pope…

“It’s just acting, people…”

Khun Joe on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

..um, I’m guessing that would be John Paul II or any of the current Holy Father’s predecessors.

The War Planner on March 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Feisty! Keep up the fiber intake!

KeninCT on March 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

..hey, Kenny, been gettin’ any lately? (Sleep that is.)

The War Planner on March 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Aren’t they tired of recycling the same old Satanic deceit?

This is the same BS that they scolded Dan Quayle for and now we have the “Murphy Brown” generation demanding free contraception for their purification, broken homes, a hedonistic self-centered culture and 53 million dead Americans as a result of the media/Hollywood complex’s assault on all decency.

Don L on March 28, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Acting is just that – acting.

No, it’s not. Proof of that is all the different story lines that could have been pulled from the bestseller Game Change for a TV-movie event: The First Former First Lady to Run For President. The Switch Among Committed Liberals from Hillary Rodham Clinton to Senator Barack Obama. The Playing of The Race Card by the Obama Campaign Against “The First Black President,” Bill Clinton. John Edwards Running Again Despite His Wife’s Terminal Cancer. The Emergence of Dark Horse Senator McCain As the GOP Front-runner over Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney. Edwards’ Cheating On His Wife With A Campaign Staffer. And finally, The First African-American President of the United States.

Out of all those different plot aspects, the only one in Game Change that Hollywood bothered to dramatize was Sarah Palin Is An Idiot Who Shouldn’t Be Trusted With Power. Why? Because if you got, say, Will Smith to play BHO and Aisha Tyler to play Michelle, they would have to imagine scenes in which Smith, as Obama, approves of attacking Bill Clinton as a bigot in South Carolina. Tyler as Michelle would have to say that for the first time in her adult life, she was proud of her country. And the triumphant scenes in Invesco Field in Denver and Grant Park in Chicago and the record crowds on the mall in Washington would remind the electorate what Obama was supposed to have been, but never was, and never will be. So they limited themselves to making a cautionary tale (and, so they thought at the time, an Obama re-election commercial worth multi-millions) about electing Palin in 2012.

To make sure that point got across, they employed as the principals not just people who aren’t Republicans, but who are far left wackos: Ed Harris, Woody Harrelson, Recount director Jay Roach, Recount screenwriter Danny Strong, and (proven by the black face video if there was any doubt) producer Tom Hanks.

As a previous poster noted, James Brolin, a hacktor who’s always gotten by on his good looks (click here for a brief look at his James Bond screen test), is always ready and willing to play the role of The Repulsive Republican. He played Ronald Reagan in the miniseries The Reagans, which was run off of network TV onto Showtime by popular demand. In addition, he played the role of a smarmy doofus GOP POTUS candidate who ran against liberal wet dream Josiah Bartlet in Aaron Sorkin’s The West Wing. He’s passed along his antipathy to the GOP to his son, Josh, who played George W. Bush in Oliver Stone’s flop W., and earlier played a moderate Republican Senatorial appointee who becomes an independent swing vote in the short-lived NBC series Mister Sterling, created by … wait for it … Lawrence O’Donnell.

L.N. Smithee on March 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Lost in Jersey on March 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Sounds like a great reality show.

Bitter Clinger on March 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Battle of the Network Stars! Now with REAL GUNS!

Lily on March 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Don L on March 28, 2012 at 4:51 PM

As I mention in a 2010 blog post here, the focus on fatherless homes and declining “family values” is Dan Quayle’s lasting legacy, and he should be proud of that. Unfortunately, his son, Arizona Congressman Ben Quayle, was part of the problem.

L.N. Smithee on March 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM

L.N. Smithee on March 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM

..your review and commentary is excellent and your blog is terrific. Please comment/post more.

~soon-to-be-avid-fan.

The War Planner on March 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Jane Fonda is a dirty whore.

slickwillie2001 on March 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Dirty whores deserve better

Roy Rogers on March 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

s l u t !

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM
it’s been done. It was called the Soviet Union. It went on for 80 years and few people want to see the repeats.

theCork on March 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Ron Reagan cast his lot with these leftist haters and now he gets to sit back and watch as they defile his mother while she is too frail to stick up for herself in her waning years.

Seems like a good episode for The Twilight Zone.

OxyCon on March 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

In fact, we could put cameras up, all around the island, and watch.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

(let’s try again)

theCork on March 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM

And when the movie bombs they will blame ‘pirated copies’ instead of the idiot who cast a treasonous slut fluke as the 1st lady.

CrazyFool on March 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

No, not at all. She could play Lady Bird Johnson or even Michelle Obama for all I care. But not Nancy Reagan, not Pat Nixon, and not Barbara or Laura Bush.

Bottom line: If Jane Fonda gets the role, I’m not watching it. Not in a theater, not on pay per view, not as a rental and not even free from the library.

EconomicNeocon on March 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM

remember when Americans stuck together? Maybe a little less citizen on citizen death wishing needs to be happening.

disagreeing with someone does not mean that you need to wish death on them, or that you have to hate everything about them. heck our founding fathers tolerated slaves owners and managed to make a country with them for quite awhile. Let’s stop pretending that holding an opinion online and anonymously gives us the freedom to talk like genocidal fascists that think the only way of dealing with others is to kill or beat them.

Zekecorlain on March 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM