Quotes of the day

posted at 10:38 pm on March 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Supreme Court spent 91 minutes Wednesday operating on the assumption that it would strike down the key feature of the new health care law, but may have convinced itself in the end not to do that because of just how hard it would be to decide what to do after that. A common reaction, across the bench, was that the Justices themselves did not want the onerous task of going through the remainder of the entire 2,700 pages of the law and deciding what to keep and what to throw out, and most seemed to think that should be left to Congress. They could not come together, however, on just what task they would send across the street for the lawmakers to perform. The net effect may well have shored up support for the individual insurance mandate itself.

“The dilemma could be captured perfectly in two separate comments by Justice Antonin Scalia — first, that it ‘can’t be right’ that all of the myriad provisions of the law unrelated to the mandate had to fall with it, but, later, that if the Court were to strike out the mandate, ‘then the statute’s gone.’ Much of the lively argument focused on just what role the Court would more properly perform in trying to sort out the consequences of nullifying the requirement that virtually every American have health insurance by the year 2014.”

***

“‘Democrats in the Congress have long-believed in judicial review,’ Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol. ‘We respect the third branch of government and the role that they play under our Constitution, and that is a role to have the opportunity to review laws passed by Congress.

“‘This is part of our constitutional process, and we respect it,’ she added…

“Asked to predict the outcome, she said, ‘I have no idea –- none of us does.’”

***

“Healthcare interest groups spent tens of millions of dollars cutting deals with the Obama administration and Congress in 2009 and 2010. The Supreme Court may soon leave those deals in tatters — and saddle the healthcare industry with multi-billion dollar losses

“Obama used the individual mandate as a selling point for the pharmaceutical industry, arguing that more insured individuals would translate into a larger market of customers. If the court severs the mandate, however, companies would still have to abide by the price controls while receiving little in the pledged market growth…

“Hospital interest groups agreed to multi-billion cuts — $10.6 billion in 2018 and 2019 in Disproportionate Share Hospital adjustment payments alone — after receiving assurances that the individual mandate would cut down on uninsured hospital stays, which cost hospitals $16 billion in 2008. These same groups, which spent nearly $30 million lobbying for the bill, would now have to endure the cuts while shouldering the financial burden of uninsured stays.”

***

“Some health care experts have suggested that there might be ways to replace the insurance mandate by using market incentives to encourage the uninsured to gain coverage.

“The government could, for instance, give consumers limited enrollment periods to buy insurance so they could not wait until they were ill. Or it could tell them that if they did not buy a policy during a defined period they also would not be eligible for benefits, like subsidized coverage.

“But supporters of the health care law contend that such measures would insure only a fraction of the 30 million estimated to gain coverage with the mandate in place.

“‘There are alternatives to the mandate, but none of them are considered as effective,’ said Neera Tanden, a former Obama aide who now heads the Center for American Progress.”

***

“If Democrats make little progress on alternatives, some purists might decide it’s best to just renew the case for a single-payer system in which all Americans receive health care paid for by the government.

“Sidney M. Wolfe, the director of the Health Research Group at Public Citizen, an advocacy group, has been pushing for government-run health care for decades…

“‘If this is what happens, it may offer more incentive to say let’s decide once and for all that health care is a right,’ Mr. Wolfe said. ‘It will certainly present an opportunity to a number of people.’

“But it’s not clear where the support for such a change would come from, especially after the bruising fight over Mr. Obama’s health care plan two years ago.”

***

“Conservatives want to change the system so markets can work their magic. But Republicans have been unclear about what they want to replace Obamacare with, exactly. Rep. Paul Ryan, the GOP’s resident wonk, gave a speech last September where, in addition to advocating block granting Medicaid to the states and transitioning Medicare to a premium support system, he endorsed ‘replacing the inefficient tax treatment of employer-provided healthcare with a portable, refundable tax credit that you can take with you from job to job, allowing you to hang onto your insurance even during those tough times when a job might be hard to find.’…

“But there might be a compromise out there. Look to Switzerland, where there is universal coverage despite no government health insurance programs. Consumers choose among private plans. And the nation spends 40% less than the U.S. on healthcare, as a share of GDP.

“Here’s Regina Herzlinger: ‘Republicans could enact Swiss-style universal coverage by enabling employees to cash out of their employer-sponsored health insurance. (Although many view employer-sponsored health insurance as a ‘free’ benefit, it is money that would otherwise be paid as income.) The substantial sums involved would command attention and gratitude: A 2006 cash out would have yielded $12,000—the average cost of employer-sponsored health insurance—thus raising the income of joint filers who earn less than $73,000 (90 percent of all filers) by at least 16 percent. Employees could remain in with an employer’s plan or use this new income to buy their own health insurance.’”

***

“Mr. Obama could announce he respects the court’s decision and pledge to fashion a bipartisan solution to provide access to affordable health-care insurance for all Americans. This would help his re-election by repositioning him back in the political center, as he was in 2008 when he ran television ads that said ‘both extremes’ — ‘government-run health care [and] higher taxes’ — ‘are wrong.’

“But he could instead lash out against the court’s majority — as he did in the Citizens United case upholding free speech for corporations — and insist on an even larger role in health care for Washington. Perhaps he would advocate a ‘public option’ where government competes with private and not-for-profit health-insurance companies, hospital consortiums and the like.

“The president has very little room to maneuver.”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Ick. Kool what kind of music do you like?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Remind me on Saturday, but I certainly will. I’ll even bring the cake! ;-)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What!!??!!..No Lasanga??..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

galtani on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Humbot for a week…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Electrongod:HumpBot needs music!:)
===================================

Rainbow – All Night Long
************************

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I think alt is mad at me. She keeps calling me names. ; )

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

LOL…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

My innocent mind has NO CLUE what the frack you’re talkin’ about.
I don’t speak east Texan.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I presume that it must be some kind of sports franchise. Like the A’s.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It feels the breeze of the glorious……….

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

What!!??!!..No Lasanga??..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Well, we could have that or we could just have CAKE! :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Ick. Kool what kind of music do you like?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

…everything, except opera.

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

One thing I have always wondered is this: Under O-Care, if I do not sign up, do not pay any premiums, and I steadfastly refuse to pay any fines will I ultimately be charged with a crime and be sent to prison? For not signing up for health care?

AttaBoyLuther on March 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

It feels the breeze of the glorious……….

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

And then it feels the warm wetness of its own urine trickling down its leg. But that actually doesn’t bother it. So, it’s cool.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

galtani on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

An hour ago I Googled (in an appropriate way) the Supremes…

I read that Ruth has no interest in retiring in memory of her husband…
Something like that..

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Cake? Did I hear cake? Wait, wait just a minute. I just had a lovely piece of chocolate whiskey cake. A very light chocolate glaze with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. Yummy.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

What!!??!!..No Lasanga??..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Well, we could have that or we could just have CAKE! :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Cake that looks like lasanga.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Okay, so. the Gross Federal Debt trend is:

FY 2012 $16.4 trillion
FY 2011 $14.8 trillion
FY 2010 $13.5 trillion
FY 2009 $11.9 trillion
FY 2008 $10.0 trillion

And the U.S. Supreme Court is trying to decide whether the Obama regime’s attempt to seize control of the American healthcare system is Constitutional, or not?

Is this really happening?

minnesoter on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

AttaBoyLuther on March 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yes, but it will be for your own good. And when you contract Hepatitis C from your cellmate, that will be for your own good, too. They’re looking out for us! *thumbs up!*

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

…everything, except opera.

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

: ( You want me to cue anything up for you in particular?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I knew you were just a tease.

*Kicks ground and rubs almost healed bite mark* **
** ALYT patented descriptive used without permission.

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Cake hates whisky, you know. Its feelings get hurt when you try to get it drunk. :-p

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I met Tom Martin today.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Yes, now that you mention it , it would like that style shower. ; )

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bishop will never click on this.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Rainbow – All Night Long
************************

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

At first when I read you post…I thought the song might be this.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Too bad, his loss.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Cake that looks like lasanga.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I could do that, actually. :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

: ( You want me to cue anything up for you in particular?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

…no I just listen to what you guys cue up for each other while I go through the threads I missed today. Thanks though.

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I make a low-fat chocolate Kaluha cake that you would love.
*courtesy of Alice Meddrich*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D) said Wednesday that Democrats will accept the Supreme Court’s ruling on her party’s healthcare law — whatever it is.

The California liberal –- a champion of the bill who was crucial to its passage -– said Democrats “were careful to honor the Constitution” in drafting the bill, but would respect the high-court’s verdict, however it falls.

Is the dingbat implying that if they strike it down that is unconstitutional?

What other options does she have, other than “accept the court’s ruling”?

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Cake that looks like lasanga.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Lolz..I haven’t seen one of those..:)

PS..But I have seen a “Kitty Litter” cake..So someone may have made one before..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Twerp…maybe I missed it…

When is he going to be 18?

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

At first when I read you post…I thought the song might be this.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Of course you realize, you just made my wife very happy. Thanks!

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I could do that, actually. :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Well there you go..Problem solved..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I make a low-fat chocolate Kaluha cake that you would love.
*courtesy of Alice Meddrich*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Everybody loves Kaluha, though! In fact, I wish I had some right now! ;-)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Of course you realize, you just made my wife very happy. Thanks!

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

That song will never get old….

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

you are off the hook tonight!

ted c on March 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

He likes it better this way :)

He’s the crème de la crème of HA.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

While I am seriously concerned about the constitutional issues regarding O-Care, I am not in the least concerned about its implementation because the government is so big and bloated and is run by truly inept, incompetent people that it can not do anything right anymore. I have no doubt this program will simply fail under its own weight or it will tip the nation into fiscal ruin.

No one will care about government healthcare when there is no food on the shelves of the local supermarket and there is no functioning government to keep the peace.

AttaBoyLuther on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Well now the countdown clock on the SCOTUS ruling on Obiecare is set for June??..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM
At first when I read you post…I thought the song might be this.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Electrongod:Veddy nice,I raise you(sorry fo da pun)an Exile!:)
==============================================================

Exile – Kiss you all over ( 1978 ) Long Play
********************************************

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

She is 79, a cancer survivor and not in the best of health. There was a health scare in 2009 when she was rushed to the hospital after feeling sick at work. She said she would not resign in the next 4 years if Republicans win the WH in 2012, but what if there is a Republican president for 8 years ? And her health may dictate otherwise.

Don’t forget Scalia is 76. We need to be sure that we at least do not lose any seat among the conservatives.

I would love to see someone like Paul Clement, at age 45, an extremely smart conservative as the next nominee should an opening occurs.

galtani on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I make a low-fat chocolate Kaluha cake that you would love.
*courtesy of Alice Meddrich*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Kahlúa?

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Althouse has a great post on the happenings today wrt Kagan and boatloads of money and accountability and severability.

but she ends on a depressing (to me) note:

Everyone seems agitated by the prospect of tearing it all down.

so barry and the left.bot have made a mess..an unholy mess….and pat themselves on their back for being cunning and brilliant at the same time….boy that Alinsky was really a genius wasn’t he guys.

Anyway the grand theater of the scotus minds churning this thru and seeing that yes barry.care is actually worse than we thought. No real lines of accountabilty…no easy way to even tell what to strike down.

A grand mess that the left/dim/press think that they could make barry into an Icon for generations, with people arguing if FDR or BHO was the finest president.

and i have this feeling that scotus will just throw the socialist mop in and let the thing stand because it is too much of a mess

r keller on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ve not heard of that one….http://www.kidskuisine.com/kitty-litter-cake/ Oh. Oh, my. It’s cake — but I don’t want to eat it! What is going on???

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

That song will never get old….

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

That sounds like my cue to say to the Miss’s you won’t either dear.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Bishop will never click on this.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

…heck! I think THAT IS Bishop!

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

AttaBoyLuther on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I doubt it will come that that…

Well…. maybe for a short time anyway..

People are resilient..
Just takes the extra push..

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That song will never get old….

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

No sir it will not..:)

PS..I will be right there with this classic!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Everybody loves Kaluha, though! In fact, I wish I had some right now! ;-)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

cynccook:Would be yummy in my tea too!:)

Heres one on Travis Martin,too much!:)
================================================

No Justice! No Peace!… Hours After Attending Trayvon Martin Peace Rally, FL Man Is Charged With Beating & Kidnapping Woman
Added: 5 hours ago Occurred On: Mar-28-2012
*******************************************

He did it in honor of Travon. Will Obama have his civilian police force…the new black panther party, put a wanted dead or alive warrant out on him? don’t hold your breath!!

A Millersville University student is charged with kidnapping and assaulting his ex-girlfriend only hours after he allegedly stood up against violence at an on-campus rally held in honor of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

Police tell us the victim was punched several times in the face and head, she was then kidnapped and dragged to her ex-boyfriend’s home. Fortunately her loud screams alerted neighbors who called for help.
================

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Exile – Kiss you all over ( 1978 ) Long Play
********************************************

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

WOW!

I haven’t heard that one in years…

Thanks.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

…heck! I think THAT IS Bishop!

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

LOL :-D I hadn’t actually pictured him that way, exactly….More like this.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Apparently Tina has a crush on you. “Lest you think my happiness is schadenfreude”

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Speaking of cake:

FloatingRock on March 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Don’t call it ObamaCare. He doesn’t care, except about himself, his power and glory.

Mock the name they gave the act. It’s neither “affordable”, nor does it “care” for anyone.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

S..I will be right there with this classic!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Good stuff…

Back then, my parents thought there was something wrong with me…

They are coming around…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

…had it at my nephews birthday barty a couple of years ago. Was harder to cut into than the first worm cake he had.

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

She does not. She used it in the sense of the word.

She’s engaged, btw.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

LoLz..It didn’t go over well at the gathering I was at..I have never seen folks be that skitish around Tootsie Rolls!!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Twerp…maybe I missed it…

When is he going to be 18?

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Sunday. Yeah-my son was an April Fools baby.
I was born near Halloween. My anniversary is sometimes on Election Day. God certainly has a sense of humor.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

O/T
===

More:
*****

In interview with FOX 35 in Orlando, Robert Zimmerman, father of George Zimmerman, says ‘It’s my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and just started beating him’

@myfoxorlandoStory
Submitted 15 mins ago from http://www.myfoxorlando.com
============================

EXCLUSIVE: Robert Zimmerman interview
Updated: Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012, 11:20 PM EDT
************************************************

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

And, Bmore, to be very certain, my happiness is not Tina :)

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

PS..I will be right there with this classic!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Then Sunday it is…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Yeah. That.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I knew what you meant! :-) Favorite drink: White Russian.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Thanks.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Ditto that..Reminds me of this one..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

LOL :-D I hadn’t actually pictured him that way, exactly….More like this.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

…ok ok!…but with the other body and outfit!

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’ll bet! In person, it must be even more…impressive!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Once we have control of all 3 branches in 2014, we can now roll out a well crafted single payer healthcare system. Even the radical right wing scotus judges won’t have a chance in hell to rule that unconstitutional.

Uppereastside on March 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Innate fools can’t be helped.

Delusional lefties can be starved and punished.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

May as well go for the trifecta. Sorry about the ad, but I like the camera work.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

What other options does she have, other than “accept the court’s ruling”?

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

…ok ok!…but with the other body and outfit!

KOOLAID2 on March 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

LOL

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

And, Bmore, to be very certain, my happiness is not Tina :)

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I know, but hey you’re not the only one who enjoys the misery of others. ; )

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

My innocent mind has NO CLUE what the frack you’re talkin’ about.
I don’t speak east Texan.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ok that’s it. I give cozmo permission to bite you back. (:

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Once we have control of all 3 branches in 2014,…..

Uppereastside on March 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

You assume that the majority of U.S. Americans are utterly stupid.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Rolling Stones.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Back then, my parents thought there was something wrong with me…

They are coming around…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I hear you..:)

PS..But did you have the Star Warshat??..:):)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I know, but hey you’re not the only one who enjoys the misery of others. ; )

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Good to have company. Schadenfreude is also a Freude/joy.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Ditto that..Reminds me of this one..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Another great one….

Back in my youth…I remember plunking my quarters into the miniature jukebox that was at every window table at the truck stop…
*Dad was a truck driver at that time*

Loved this one back then

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

What about the “C’s”?

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I know what that means. We all want to know about the twins. hehe.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

It doesn’t fit with previous videos tonight, but since SCOTUS is in the news…this?

(Hope it works. Never linked on here before.)

4Grace on March 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I hear you..:)

PS..But did you have the Star Wars hat??..:):)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Loved this one back then

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

LOL That reminds me that I should be getting to bed. Early day tomorrow! Goodnight all! Sweet dreams!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The government should just hand out vouchers for red wine and chocolate and let it go at that.

profitsbeard on March 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What about the “C’s”?

cozmo on March 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Oh-THOSE ‘C’s’.
Sorry-can’t help you.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

cynccook:It looks like fat little chocolate leech’s…distrubing
me thinks,haha!:)

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Speaking of cake:

FloatingRock on March 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

That was different. I figured you were going here.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

cynccook:Nite Cyn:)

canopfor on March 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

PS..But did you have the Star Warshat??..:):)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Star Wars Hat???

But I did have all the trading cards….
And the 33 1/3 album of the audio take of the movie…
And a dream of producing a movie like that..

Oh well..

Electrongod on March 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I hear Obama’s begging SCOTUS to strike down the Stimulus too. He wants to go back to the glory days of having no record.

Chuck Schick on March 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

oodnight all! Sweet dreams!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Take care.

Electrongod on March 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Someone at Scotusblog actually made the argument that the justices would go with the “its too hard” basis upon which to uphold the mandate?!

Since when is that a constitutional principle upon which to uphold a law ?!

deadrody on March 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

PS..I will be right there with this classic!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Dire Straits:Yup,great tune!:)

canopfor on March 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

An hour ago I Googled (in an appropriate way) the Supremes…

I read that Ruth has no interest in retiring in memory of her husband…
Something like that..

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I don’t know? If it looks like Obama will lose, Ruth and Breyer will run for the exits. Breyer is about 80 and Ruth is what, 105? They may stay healthy through 8 years of a Republican in the White House, but I don’t think they want to risk the possibility of a Republican President putting two Scalia’s on the court. Goodby Roe v Wade, (if someone make a case for overturning it).

Alabama Infidel on March 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I’ll try one more time. SCOTUS

4Grace on March 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

“Mr. Obama could announce he respects the court’s decision and pledge to fashion a bipartisan solution”

And the lube, rope and roofies in the back of KenInCT’s van aren’t his.

Chuck Schick on March 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

canopfor on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM
WOW!

I haven’t heard that one in years…

Thanks.

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Electrongod:

Yup,and boy did that one get played on the radio a lot!:)

canopfor on March 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

oodnight to you Cyndy and pleasant dreams.

Bmore on March 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM