Quotes of the day

posted at 10:54 pm on March 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘The government had in my view as bad a day as it reasonably could have,’ said Tom Goldstein, founder of SCOTUSblog and a regular litigator at the high court. ‘It won’t cause the government to have a complete cardiac arrest — they’ll just be nauseous for months. … The only people coming out of that building optimistic today were the plaintiffs.’…

“In the orgy of panel discussions, interviews and feature articles previewing this week’s arguments, law professors, Supreme Court litigators and journalists confidently predicted that the justices would uphold the individual mandate as a logical extension of the federal government’s well-established ability to regulate the health insurance market…

“Within the first few minutes of Tuesday’s arguments, that bravado seemed to go out the window.

“‘Eventually, the conventional wisdom will catch up with reality,’ Goldstein joked. ‘It’s absolutely true that this argument has gotten the back of the hand from the legal glitterati, including myself.’”

***

“Sorry to keep reiterating this point, but I’ve contended since December 2010 that if the pro-ACA side is unable to articulate a limiting principle that would prevent their decision from giving the federal government an essentially plenary police power to regulate virtually all human activity and inactivity, the individual mandate is doomed. The conservative majority simply will not accept a doctrine that suggests that federal power is not one of limited and enumerated powers.

“Unfortunately for the law’s defenders, the SG today lapsed into incoherence when Justices Alito, Kennedy, and Scalia asked him to identify a limiting principle (check out various liberal blogs for apoplectic reactions to SG Verrilli’s performance)…

“So far, we seem to be left with the ‘health care is special’ argument, which is not a limiting principle, but could persuade a conservative justice or two to join a limited holding. Yet Justice Kennedy suggested today that if the ACA is upheld, the government will soon be back arguing that some other sector of the economy is ‘special.’ Not a good day for limiting principles.”

***

“Unlike Scalia and Alito who were more animated with their comments expressing doubt about the law’s validity, Chief Justice John Roberts plainly offered some of his own concerns that at times mirrored Kennedy’s.

“He used the phrase ‘all bets are off’ twice when talking about the ways future Congresses will attempt to fix perceived problems if the law survives. ‘There’s this health care market. Everybody’s in it. So we can regulate it, and we’re going to look at a particular serious problem, which is how people pay for it. But next year, they can decide everybody’s in this market, we’re going to look at a different problem now, and this is how we’re going to regulate it. And we can compel people to do things — purchase insurance, in this case. Something else in the next case, because you’ve — we’ve accepted the argument that this is a market in which everybody participates.’

“Some of the justices wondered whether the government could compel people to exercise, eat broccoli or buy certain cars if the mandate is upheld. Verrilli maintained that wouldn’t be the case.”

***

“Reaction in the press room, although mixed, seemed more negative than reaction elsewhere. My canvassing of legal experts found pretty mixed opinions on how the case will turn out. (Walter Dellinger, the Duke law professor who supports the law, pointed out that the plaintiffs effectively made it clear that the only way to create national health insurance would be through a single-payer system, an idea most conservatives detest.)…

“One other note: As somebody who knows the policy issues, the hearing was incredibly frustrating to watch. Both judges and lawyers, on both sides, seemed not to understand the specifics of the health care market and why it would (or would not, depending on your legal philosophy) make the mandate constitutional. But, of course, that’s a pretty good argument for why judges should leave legislative judgment to the legislative branch.

“That was Verrilli’s point at the end, during final summation: That, by striking down the mandate, the judiciary would be committing an aggressive act of judicial review, stepping into matters traditionally reserved for the democratically elected Congress and president. I happen to think he’s right about that. Whether five justices of the court agree, alas, is pretty unclear at this point.”

***

“[W]ith a bit of political jujitsu, the president could turn any such defeat into a victory for a single-payer healthcare system — Medicare for all

“If the Supreme Court strikes down the individual mandate in the new health law, private insurers will swarm Capitol Hill demanding that the law be amended to remove the requirement that they cover people with pre-existing conditions.

“When this happens, Obama and the Democrats should say they’re willing to remove that requirement – but only if Medicare is available to all, financed by payroll taxes.

“If they did this the public will be behind them — as will the Supreme Court.”

***

***

Via Reason TV.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Cynccook
I don’t know, if the Pres is race baiting, it upsets even the most unbiased ppl.

angrymike on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Sorry, arnold ziffel, forgot the link.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

What do mean we love all that stuff here. There is no rules to what you cue. Its what you think works with the QOTD. That’s just for the first one usually. Then its anything goes. Besides if you really want to see the young ones here freak, let me start cuing up Opera.; ) Come to think of it, I don’t think there are that many young ones here.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Not sure my tastes would mesh well with the younger set. I’m kind of a Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, blue grass, and blues kind of guy. Oh, I like meti fiddling and I used to sing barbershop. A little out of fashion for this crowd, I’m afraid. Maybe I’ll go hunt up a little, Canadian gal who does the meti fiddle thing.

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

We like it all. Nothing wrong with being exposed to all sorts of music. Just the other night Bmore played the muslim call to prayer song :)

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Yeah, yeah. “Five shots, five kills.” I know.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM

You’ve been trained well.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Sorry, arnold ziffel, forgot the link.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

As much as I am disgusted by what is said there. The facial expressions and posture concern me almost as much.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I thought about going with this. It seemed a bit premature.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Great white-boy funk. Here’s some more: what the Dems are forced to do.

John the Libertarian on March 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

LOL! I did?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

She is really not pro-Obama, but if you start saying he only likes black people she is concerned that someone somewhere would claim that conservatives are racist. You could say it about her local dogcatcher and she will be just as worried. It’s the race thing, it’s not Obama. She called me a racist the first time we talked here because I think that all the illegals should be “disappeared”, and I didn’t take it the wrong way.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Gosh, it is so sweet of you to defend me, Igor — and it’s especially kind of you to go to such lengths to convey a sense of how harmless and well-meaning I am. Thanks ever so much. :-p But it’s okay, the minute this person started calling names I knew I was just going to ignore him/her. And the reason I kept talking to you even after that first time was because you had other things to say that were interesting and intelligent. So you two are completely different.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Plus, the hands, the total submission, the selling out of his country. He is a traitor and at least 40 states should vote him out. Otherwise, the land deserves him, and his destruction.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Sorry, arnold ziffel, forgot the link.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

That pretty much sums it up right there. You think he would try to work that way with his political opponents here? Kind of submissive for a fifty year old “male” American president.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Well all I’m beat, Pray for the good judgment of the court, I’m hitting the bed night all.
I still can’t get the picture of ALT falling over out of my mind, I’d have to help her up, but I’d be lmmfao. *runs for cover*
Night all;-)

angrymike on March 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM

crr6….lawyer in making…

Electrongod on March 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Still?

It was in law school years ago when I used to post, here. Must be red-shirting …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Well, you’re welcome, but you also have to realize that was that person was saying wasn’t at all unusual. Your perception of him/her was totally different than mine. Anyway, it’s not worth it to get deeper into it.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Cynccook

angrymike on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

He does and says so many things that upset people, I don’t know how you could pick just one!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Cyndy, who was doing the name calling?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

No, I think one should not be concerned with anything but saying what one believes in a forum like this. Worrying what someone could/would/should think is surrendering to the enemy.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Agreed, and RasThavas has the same right. It’s that Voltarian thing. I disagree vehemently with liberal4life and simplesimon, but they should say whatever they want.

None is a bigger racist than Obama. Sue me.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Cyndy, who was doing the name calling?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

A better question w/b “who was doing the nagging?”

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Good Night angrymike, we’ll play the queen song soon enough I hope.; )

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Correspondence school off the match book cover and she skipped payments so they quit sending materiel.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Here you go. A couple of tunes you’ll recognize, plus she’s a champion clogger, and gives a liitle taste..

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Okay. But darn it, I forgot several strategic sarc tags. Let me do this again:

Gosh, it is so sweet of you to defend me, Igor — and it’s especially kind of you to go to such lengths to convey a sense of how harmless and well-meaning I am. //////// Thanks ever so much. ///////// :-p But it’s okay, the minute this person started calling names I knew I was just going to ignore him/her. And the reason I kept talking to you even after that first time was because you had other things to say that were interesting and intelligent. So you two are completely different.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

This assumes severability. Obamacare is like a three legged stool. Take away the individual mandate and it turns health insurance under the remainder of the law into a health membership. People will only purchase health insurance when the benefits of the plan exceed the costs. There would be no risk management function if people can enroll when they need it.

blammm on March 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Once upon a time, we functioned quite well without insurance. The prices were reasonable — if only because the bankruptcy laws allowed an out from debt slavery.

Insurance — the ability for one of the members of a contract to hide their price for services — is responsible for the rise in medical costs. The patient no longer has concern for the prices, so it’s up to the insurance companies and the doctors to duke it out.

As for medicare, aren’t a lot of doctors halting the acceptance of new medicare patients? Is the Government going to force doctors to take medicare patients as a condition of practicing?

If the justices strike down Obamacare, things are going to get really interesting if the rest of the law remains intact. If they keep Obamacare, there is no longer any part of our lives the Government cannot control. At some point the conservatives will regain power, and I pity the poor liberals who will discover that their victory is Pyrrhic.

unclesmrgol on March 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

None is a bigger racist than Obama. Sue me.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

That’s true, but as as far as I see, Barky’s more anti-Western than anything. He uses race, since it’s so volatile and easy to do so that someone as retarded and inept as Barky can even be effective with it, but he holds American blacks in almost the same contempt as the rest of us. They don’t realize this and are willing to be played like fiddles, but they’ll see soon enough. They’re just tools of destruction to Barky. It’s the West he really hates, and everything in it and of it.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It seems weird to be a bigger Eyeore than AP is, but I still see this going 6-3 to uphold Obamacare, with Kennedy and Roberts joining the libs.

It’s going to take a President, and large majorities in both Houses of Congress, and alternative legislation that both passes Constitutional muster and is substantially better than the status quo ante, to remove this monstrosity from the books. This never should have had to be decided in the Court. Previous Congresses would have policed themselves and the Administration, Constitutionally-speaking, far better.

notropis on March 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

a capella, you do know where I’m from don’t you?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

We need better trolls. What happened to that one (can’t remember her/his username) who was a lawyer? Granted it was a liberal, but it still stimulated intelligent conversation. The recent trolls are pathetic and not worth responding to.

youknowit on March 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

This latest crop really is subpar. They don’t even deserve the title of ‘troll’; a ‘Hot Air troll’ is a title of some distinction, though minor. Perhaps trollette, ie a troll-in-training.

For some that post the same inane dribble thread after thread though, the proper label is simply ‘spammer’.

slickwillie2001 on March 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

None is a bigger racist than Obama. Sue me.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yes, I agree anyone should be able to say anything. I was reading earlier today about the guy who organized the attack on Rush after getting Beck out of Fox. An evil but very organized scumbag who now works for Media Matters. Suppressing free speech is a liberal/progressive thing, because it’s fundamentally the a manifestation of their lust for power and contempt for free choice.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Now it’s totally sarcasmic.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I liked it. How are they able to raise their leg while fiddling though? Seems like it would throw off your concentration.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hey zero is this your theme song.

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Cyndy, who was doing the name calling?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Not me! :-)

The subject is Obama, you idiot.

RasThavas on March 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

notropis on March 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

No way Roberts votes to uphold.
None.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

a capella, you do know where I’m from don’t you?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Kinda. You one of us?

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Now it’s totally sarcasmic.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

:-( I guess I’m not as well-trained as you had hoped! :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I’m sorry a capella, that wasn’t fair of me to phrase it that way. Here is where I’m from. The boy with the banjo washes dishes at our local cafe.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Speaking of, scumbags at Media Matters

The guy you speak of was a R, then went to the left, is paranoid, funded by Soros, and dead set to destroy Rush and Fox. He has not realized yet that Fox has moved to the center.

Fox is still showing the photo of the 14 years old kid in FL, while they criticize that other media don’t show the real-aged photo. They are also completely in Mitt’s azz and are not doing the land a service. Most all media are corrupt, incl. Fox.

Pravda has more credibility today, sadly.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

This one’s better.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Sometimes, an overblown national news story needs to be taken down a peg, particularly one that is being milked to death by politicians, racemongers, militant racists and addle-brained “journalists” who should know better by now. One would think that Al Sharpton would have learned from the Tawana Brawley affair, but no. And one would think that President Obama would have learned from the Gates affair, too, but no.

In commemoration of our national sorrow over the senseless murder of a poor little martyr to racial justice, let Ronco share your grief. Be the first to buy a Ronco O’Hoodie. It’s got Obama 2012 on it, and it’s only $39.95 *. Order within the next ten minutes and we’ll throw in a large box of Skittles (removed).

* Shipping and handling is extra. Offer void where prohibited by common sense.

RasThavas on March 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

LOL Oh. My!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

:-( I guess I’m not as well-trained as you had hoped! :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Gauging my expectations was never a part of the training.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I don’t understand the name calling thing. Unless of course its a troll. I would have thought better of that commenter. Until now that is.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You beat me to it. I didn’t post it though because I want to remain a friend and thought you might be thin skinned. :)

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Bmore,… this seems appropriate for the occasion.

To me anywaye

mark81150 on March 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

LOL Oh. My!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

What? I thought you knew that. Its a great place. Pretty. Good loyal folk.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

RickB on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

This one’s better.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

LOL Hey, everything okay, alt? I saw your comment about your Dad on the Scalia thread but I didn’t want to say anything there.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

That’s meti style.They play almost as if it was a percussion thing. There are some good explanations of the style and history over there. meti means mixed blood and are a complete separate ethnic group by law in Canada. Lots of pride. Very interesting history.

a capella on March 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

To me anyway

mark81150 on March 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

See everyone, mark knows how to play the game. Nice one!

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Gauging my expectations was never a part of the training.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You can be infuriating at times. But I guess you know that. :-D *that is me smiling sweetly.*

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM

What? I thought you knew that. Its a great place. Pretty. Good loyal folk.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Just stay off that river if you value your dignity.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Me? I just a good ole fella. Except when hunting. Then I can be serious.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

How did the administration end up with an inept and inarticulate Buffon arguing its signature achievement. I’m really puzzled. According to CNN’s Tobbin the guy was so poor it was embarrassing.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHA

Don’t even know where to start with that. LOLOLOLOL

kim roy on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Don’t jump in the lake, naively. Also, facts differ, wildly.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Now it’s totally sarcasmic.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I forgot to ask you…”sarcasmic.” Is that a cross between “sarcasatic” and uh another word?

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Just stay off that river if you value your dignity.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I don’t have any worries around these parts. : ) The river is my friend. Great river to paddle.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

That’s an interesting article, thanks, but I was talking about about a different person, Angelo Carusone, a lib fanatic probably from birth. If you got some time this is a very worthwhile article to read to see the depths of their depravity

And yes, by now Drudge has been proven multiple times to be a pro-Mitt propagandist.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Igor, you magnificent basta*d!

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Since mark81550 started, here is next up:

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Good. In fact, perfect. Your training is now complete.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Just stay off that river if you value your dignity.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Dignity.” Well done. I would hereby like to officially welcome you to A.C.E. The Association for Creative Euphemizing.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Igor, get the ice out.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Igor, you magnificent basta*d!

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I AM NOT KARL ROVE!!!!!

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Igor, you magnificent basta*d!

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

He may have got his mother’s looks, but he got my cunning.

PootyPoot on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

How well I know.

Schadenfreude on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Good. In fact, perfect. Your training is now complete.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Maybe it is I who have done the training here, my little friend.;-)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Course you don’t have any worries. You paddle to see kinfolk. Us California boys might get nervous—OK some might not.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Yes, yes, another word.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

blink on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

You know it is, you looked it up. Or you’re close by. Which?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Maybe it is I who have done the training here, my little friend.;-)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Of course, while being trained you did the training.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I AM NOT KARL ROVE!!!!!

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

What???? :-( Why this is terrible! In my mind all along, this is how I’ve been imagining you! (scroll down slightly)

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM

… Is the Government going to force doctors to take medicare patients as a condition of practicing?

That’s a resounding yes. After all, if the federal government has the power to regulate commerce by creating it as in making private citizens enter into a contract for insurance whether those citizens want to or not, all because health care is a “substantial” interstate activity, then there is no reason why the government cannot compel doctors to take medicare patients for the same compelling reason. No reason at all why the government would not be able to do that if this extension of government power is upheld.

… If they keep Obamacare, there is no longer any part of our lives the Government cannot control. At some point the conservatives will regain power, and I pity the poor liberals who will discover that their victory is Pyrrhic.

unclesmrgol on March 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Yep, we’ll be stuck with Obamacare, but maybe we can force all Harvard and Ivy league school professors to have to buy 4 wheel drive trucks.

AZfederalist on March 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Of course, while being trained you did the training.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yet you leapt to my defense at the slightest provocation…. :-D

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

blink on March 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

No blink, Billy.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(pointing at Obama)

El_Terrible on March 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM

OK, I don’t want to interfere with your mental imagery, please keep thinking of me as Karl Rove in Venezuela.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(pointing at Obama)

El_Terrible on March 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hopefully the plaintiff’s attorney will do that when it’s their turn! LOL

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Ick.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

It was the dog thread.
He died in 2001. I celebrated.
Now I miss him…sometimes.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Well, look how young and carefree you are he is (wink, wink) in that photo! Adorable!

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

It was the dog thread.
He died in 2001. I celebrated.
Now I miss him…sometimes.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

:-( Life is complicated. And it goes by very, very quickly.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Speaking of rivers check this one out..:)

PS..The movie is a classic and the lady singing is very good also!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Actually I’m Sarah Palin. Surprised? “I can see Russia from my house”.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Ick.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

*cough, cough* Dude, he’s right here… *cough*

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

He’d be 70 this summer. I just can’t picture him being that age. Spawn barely remembers him.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Well that kind of Obama dhimmi malady seems creepy to me.

RasThavas on March 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Well, you did mention young boys and there’s a lot to imply in there.

Quit trying to pick an argument.

kim roy on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Actually I’m Sarah Palin. Surprised? “I can see Russia from my house”.

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You knew I was joking that time, right?

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Got it on my MP3. I use it to work on my harmonizing-though I can sing Allison Krause’s part too.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

My Dad has been so ill this year. I can’t imagine not having him here. It makes me feel sick.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

George Zimmerman registered as a Democrat in 2002. No word yet on whether he voted for someone who looked like Travyon Martin’s father.

VorDaj on March 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

You knew I was joking that time, right?

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

If I write “I can see a tree from my window” would that be a detectable joke?

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Well, you did mention young boys and there’s a lot to imply in there.

Quit trying to pick an argument.

kim roy on March 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Another prissy.

VorDaj on March 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I’m very much like my dad-in good ways.
That helps. When he was my age-I was almost 14. Wow.
Praying for your family. *hug*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

You know it is, you looked it up. Or you’re close by. Which?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I see the confusion typo, well actually a whole word left out. Should have read.

You know who it is, you looked it up. Or you’re close by. Which?

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

But now I’m confused? Billy?

blink on March 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Did you look it up? If you did you should know who he is. What did IMDB say his name was? It should say Billy Reardon.

Bmore on March 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Another prissy.

VorDaj on March 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM
No she’s not-far from it actually.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

PS..The movie is a classic and the lady singing is very good also!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I have three of her cds. Very nice lady. You don’t want to play the one about the lost little boys who die of exposure though. Awfully sad. I can be pretty dark but whoever wrote that song is twisted.

arnold ziffel on March 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

If I write “I can see a tree from my window” would that be a detectable joke?

Igor R. on March 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Well, it would depend upon the context and how astute and sensitive your audience is. Of course it’s always possible that a boorish, clod-like person might not pick up on the subtleties of your humor. But I’m sure that most people would be able to tell that it was actually a hilarious joke by the way you said it.

cynccook on March 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Speaking of rivers check this one out..:)

PS..The movie is a classic and the lady singing is very good also!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM