Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on March 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

One would think that Barack Obama would have learned a lesson about microphones always being live after his conversation with Nicolas Sarkozy about Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu got reported all over the world.  The answer to that is nyet.  Obama’s conversation with Dmitri Medvedev wasn’t just a diplomatic embarrassment this time, but a political disaster that reminded US voters why they need to fear an Obama second term:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

Talk about handing a weapon to one’s opponents!  The Obama campaign seemed poised to use the Etch-a-Sketch comment against Mitt Romney if he won the GOP nomination, but that’s out the window now.  The RNC had a campaign ad cut before the end of the business day:

Thanks, President Obama, for practically making the one-term argument for Republicans.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Have you come up with a cool name for this fake scandal yet? /crr6

Traitor in Chief speaks his mind.

Gladtobehere on March 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Have you come up with a cool name for this fake scandal yet? /crr6

Mr. Eunuch hides the ball, for now.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Watch the video, how he almost literally crawls into Medvedev’s azz, with submission and “we’re buds, just wait a while, and we’ll destroy the U.S., better than ever before”.

Buffoon needs to be catapulted out of the WH, by at least 40 states. Otherwise deserve him, fools.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

What a proper overheard comment would have been:

“As you know, there’s a Presidential election coming up, but no matter the outcome, the U.S. is and will remain committed to protecting its interests and those of its allies. We will work with you to find reasonable agreements that both sides can live with, but no American President will compromise our nation’s security or that of those who count on the U.S.”

Oh, wait, this was Obama. Never mind.

ugottabekiddingme on March 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

This is, undeniably, the sleaziest politician I’ve seen in my lifetime.

72 years.

franksalterego on March 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

President Clown Car: damn that internet!

must have been nice before blogs and Twitter, when the Big 3 and PBS could put an embargo on this kind of thing getting out.

*still gagging over “#Gen44″*

inviolet on March 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM

This would make a great video juxtaposed with his previous quotes, such as the price of energy “necessarily skyrocketing” under his policies.

obladioblada on March 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Bush left the microphone open.

Tim_CA on March 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

A friendly reminder of the mentality, knowledge, and political sense of Obama voters in 2008.

This is worth watching again. Pass it on…

The media drives the election…but word of mouth has proven time and time again to be a powerful component.

Green eyed Lady on March 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Just imagine how the leaders of our Allies feel listening to this buffoon. Makes me feel real confident any negotiations with our allies just got weakened.

texriot on March 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM