Obama on hot-mic moment: I wasn’t “hiding the ball”

posted at 9:50 am on March 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

After a day of spin from the White House didn’t tamp down outrage over Barack Obama’s sotto voce conversation with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev, the President himself addressed the controversy.  Earlier today, Obama insisted that nothing he told Medvedev was out of the ordinary, and that he wasn’t “hiding the ball” on missile defense:

A defensive President Obama said Tuesday he wasn’t guilty of “hiding the ball” when an open microphone caught him pleading with the president of Russia to delay missile shield talks until after this year’s elections.

“The only way I get this stuff done is If I’m consulting with the Pentagon, with Congress, if I’ve got bipartisan support and frankly, the current environment is not conducive to those kinds of thoughtful consultations,” Mr. Obama told reporters at a nuclear security summit here. “This is not a matter of hiding the ball.” …

“I don’t think it’s any surprise that you can’t start that a few months before presidential and congressional elections in the United States, and at a time when they just completed elections in Russia, and they’re in the process of a presidential transition where a new president’s going to be coming in, in a little less than two months,” Mr. Obama said.

Er — riiight.  Here is the transcript once again from the conversation:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

“After my election, I have more flexibility.”  He’s not talking about Congressional elections.  He’s trying to get “space” from Putin, through Medvedev, in order to get himself re-elected.  And to get that space — in which Putin would presumably back off of his public comments on missile defense — Obama promised Russia “flexibility” on missile defense once he gets past “my last election,” and the last time voters can hold him accountable for his actions.

The White House continued to spin this as a demonstration of Obama’s commitment to nuclear disarmament and missile defense:

White House aides said the president was still “deeply invested” in the missile defense system.

Uh huh.  Here was Obama’s “deep investment” in this 2008 video from his campaign, in which he promised to “end misguided defense policies,” and one of the first topics mentioned is … missile defense:

I will cut investments in unproven missile-defense systems.

So when was Obama “hiding the ball”? Then or now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

However, Obowma is NOT an idiot. He’s wilfully and methodically destroying this nation. He says stupid things and he acts like an idiot but his agenda and motives are very calculated and callous.

NapaConservative on March 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I’ve always contended that he can be both willfully destructive and calculated, as well as being an idiot. The two don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Guy doesn’t make a move without puppeteers Jarrett, Axelrod and Soros controlling the messaging.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

And he is working overtime to make sure that most of the population of the United States is totally dependent on the largesse of the Democrat Party while making sure that evil Conservatives and those evil guys with the banks and money and stuff are made to pay for the sins of their fathers…like colonialism and exploitation and every other imagined slight over the past centuries.

It’s Barack Obama Sr’s dream, he was an anti colonialist and communist. But Obama’s designs are larger than just the United States he’s targeting Europe to get even for his father a Kenyan born citizen of Great Britain (Obama wasn’t ever going to be in a position of power in Great Britain, they are a closed class system, but look what Obama can do to Great Britain as leader of the United States, and the free world) The rest of the worlds economies rise and fall on our economy, and Obama has been doing his best to choke off our economy’s growth……PM David Cameron is a blithering idiot, the laws of natural selection are getting ready to kick in with regards to the British. They can’t adapt, and pivot even when their survival is on the line.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I will cut investments in unproven missile-defense systems.

They are NOT “unproven”. They have been tested, and there have been far more hits than misses in testing.

No, they can’t shoot down all of Russia’s nukes, but neither can the Russians shoot down all of ours. All-out nuclear war is suicide for both nations involved, and the Russians are not suicidal.

But missile-defense systems could be VERY useful against a suicidal maniac with a few nukes like Ahmadinejad. If Iran attacks Israel, Europe, or the US with a few nuclear missiles and we shoot them down, we can then attack Iran with conventional weapons WITHOUT provoking a nuclear war.

Steve Z on March 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

To think that this man is POTUS just makes me wince. He has got to be the most unqualified person ever to hold the office of President. But hey, he’s got a nice crease in his pants and plays hoops. What could go wrong?

LeftCoastRight on March 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Mr. Medvedev, sir, please let ME get through MY last election of MYSELF.

Then, trust ME – I’m going to do things to the US constitution that your gangster boss Pooty never even thought of.

ME, MYSELF, and I are er…fully…committed to it.

And Yes we are and yes we can because we are are the ones we have been waiting for.

CorporatePiggy on March 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

“I don’t think it’s any surprise that you can’t start that a few months before presidential and congressional elections in the United States, and at a time when they just completed elections in Russia, and they’re in the process of a presidential transition where a new president’s going to be coming in, in a little less than two months,” Mr. Obama said.

Well, first of all, Vladimir Putin is not a “new” president, and anybody who thinks he wasn’t pulling the strings all during Medvedev’s term hasn’t been paying attention. Putin is a dictator, and Russia will never be rid of him unless they actively rise up and turn on him. He’d gladly take concessions from President Pixie Dust, and smile as he stabbed us in the back.

Do we really want to take the chance of reelecting an American president who openly admired China’s way of doing things?

RebeccaH on March 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

US interest and 0′s interest do not align. Only one way to insure US interests come first. November.

Bmore on March 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

This President has already violated the US Constitution no less than 12 times. he has helped Al Qaeda, perpetrators of 9/11, take over Libya, helped The Muslim Brotherhood take over Egypt, and seeks to help radical Islamists in Syria take over THAT nation, as well. 8 Years of fighting Islamic extremists abroad before Obama took over has been reduced to ‘for nothing’ in the wake of the strides and comback made by those Islamic exremists under Obama’s ‘watch’. Now Obama gets caught making deals with Russia when he thought the mike was off, appeasing a KGB-puppet ruler and the ex-KGB puppet-master (Putin) who controls the strings. Now, a la @$$ Alec Baldwin (who did the commercial mocking the airline issue where he acted like an @$$ and refused to turn off his cell phone), Obama holds a press conference and makes fun of the off-mike incident, as it is a complete joke. Why this guy has not been Impeached yet I have no clue, aside from the Gutless and heavily partsan politicians that attempt to preside over us as if ‘gods’ on Mount Olympus, above the ‘little people’!

Obama is offically the worst President in US history and can be argued to be a ‘domestic threat’!

easyt65 on March 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

0 is done little one.

Bmore on March 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Are all community organizers liars..?

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Are all community organizers liars..?

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

SWalker on March 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

True, but my point is more in line of the fact that people are underestimating his capacities and ignore what he’s really doing because they write him off as an idiot. The man(?) is very dangerous and knows exactly what he needs to do to attain his goals. It doesn’t matter who directs him, he’s determined and very capable in his quest to bring this nation to it’s knees.

NapaConservative on March 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

[I suggest that we all re-read our Piven and Cloward texts again. Deception is fundamental.]

coldwarrior on March 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Well, girlfriend, at least Willard knows what the word “geopolitical” means. How about the boy that is trying to convince the stupid that he didn’t say what he said?

+1 to using your f***ing fabness to fix the English in your post. I really was scratching my head wondering who Willard Russia was.

MNHawk on March 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I am not a Romney fan as anyone that reads my comments can attest, but this gave me some reassurance that Mitt Romney get’s what is happening on the world stage, and behind the scenes. Foe is the right word to describe Russia’s relationship with the United States. Hillary didn’t reset squat with Russia.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Wow, my ears must be lying to me…it sure sounds like Obama was saying that he was going to sell out the USA after he is elected…

Mr. Joe on March 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM

And our European allies.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

The look on BHO’s face as he was lying (explaining) what he meant by the comment on the open mic. He looks like a little boy caught stealing a cookie out of the cookie jar. The world is laughing at us for electing this fraud.

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Foe is the right word to describe Russia’s Obama’s relationship with the United States.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

You heard it right.

That’s what Hillary said about Obama. :)

itsspideyman on March 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

One thing is for sure, 0 will definitely have more flexibility after Novembers election. Private citizens don’t have the demands on them of someone in the WH.

Bmore on March 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

John Bolton: A fire bell in the night. The White House can’t wish this one away.

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

The old one never really ended…just a brief thaw as one of the key players got reorganized again after screwing up the program in the late 80′s.

Russia is back to doing what it does best.

coldwarrior on March 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Little one read this again.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

0 is done. Mark it down. Oh, start looking for a new job. Now back to sleep little one. The nightmares won’t stop now.

Bmore on March 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

He’ll probably just roll over on his tummy again, spread ‘em, grab a jar of Vasoline and wait for Putin to commit unspeakable acts…Oh wait…I thought you meant Obama.

sdd on March 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Do ya think maybe if Obama is our next President that he plans to make his first four years look like Ronald Reagan redux.

Speakup on March 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Day after day Obama just makes me appalled and angry.

CoffeeLover on March 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I don’t understand what “hiding the ball” means. I assume it is some sports reference and I am not a sports fan. Could someone please explain to me Obama’s lame excuse?

thuja on March 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

It would have been so simple just to pick up the phone and tell that directly to Putin. Obama really has no idea how world politics work.
However, the MSM already gave him a pass on this. Their argument is that Obama was merely trying to focus on his re-election and would get back to Putin first thing after his re-election. Sort of like when you are in a hurry and tell your friend you will have more time to talk after the holidays.

timberline on March 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

We’ll give ya plenty of space you marxist fraud.

After the elections you can go pretty much anywhere!! The only place you certainly won’t be welcome is 1600 Pennsylvania ave.

Tim_CA on March 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

For example…

Sorta meddling in the internal affairs of a nation-state…again…and telegraphing that they do not like having Romney (or any other conservative type) in the White House.

They were all over Reagan back in 1980…telling us and the world that electing this cowboy madman ultra Conservative would not help detente.

Guess they prefer Obama.

One has to wonder why. //

coldwarrior on March 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

What a coincidence – we’re going to have a new president coming in, in a little less than ten months!

disa on March 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

New bumper sticker: -Flexible- .

Now more and more people will understand he is a traitorous anti-American slime.

dogsoldier on March 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Start another cold war? What do you think the Iranian Nuclear program is? Iran is a Russian proxy threatening the region, and the global markets by becoming a nuclear power. After Iran get’s nukes all bet’s are off, and were off to the races again. Of course that can’t happen, because Iran isn’t getting any help from Russia just because Iran is a Russian client state doesn’t mean the Russians are enabling their nuclear ambitions or giving Iran cover in the UN security counsel, blocking sanctions against Iran…….oh wait.

Mitt Romney hasn’t said, what he would do about Russia, and Europe’s missile defense. I would be willing to bet he’s not going to give away the store, and sell out our European allies.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

vs. promising to bend over and spread cheeks on missile defense after the election?

I’ll take Romney’s approach.

Chuck Schick on March 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Communist, dedicated to the marginalization of the United States. Every moron that voted for this POS needs to have photo ID before they are allowed to vote again.

ultracon on March 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Russia is back to doing what it does best.

coldwarrior on March 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

And the United States has given Russia 10 Billion in aid…I swear our government has been infected with the stupids.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

“This is not a matter of hiding the ball.” …

This moron doesn’t even know where the ball is.

And when he does have the ball, he runs the wrong way.

President ‘Wrong Way’ Riegels.

UltimateBob on March 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Spin, you little lie-generating machine, spin like the wind! But the more you do it, the more you have to reference the original words and keep them suspended in public attention — and nothing, nothing you say can displace the first instinctual stab of horror and dread. Keep it alive, baby!

sistrum on March 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM

We’ll give ya plenty of space you marxist fraud.

Tim_CA on March 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yep. After January 2013 he and his family are free to wander where ever they wish.

The only difference is that we won’t get stuck with the bill.

UltimateBob on March 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Late to thread, but has anyone said or given consideration that Bammy meant exactly what he said. I mean, if he wins the election – I’ll give up missile defense of Europe, or if I lose the election, I’ll give up missile defense as a parting gift during my lame duck time. Either way we are screwed just not as much as Europe will be. How is it he has any support from Europe?

D-fusit on March 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

And in other news, over three hundred million Americans JUST fell off the turnip truck. /sarc

That guy must think we’re all morons.

Murf76 on March 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Traitor and Charlatan in Chief.

He thinks you’re all stupid.

Throw him out, by at least 40 states.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Is the Obama campaign going to report a “Payment in Kind” contribution from Medvedev?

Scriptor on March 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

The question is what he should do with you and your type, alas, the sissy.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?
Start another cold war?
liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Looks like Russia has already beat him to that one.

tommyboy on March 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM

D-fusit on March 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I don’t think he would do that during the lame duck period because he would hurt the democrats left in the Senate and House. The mid term elections wiped out a lot of democrat held seats across this country. Obama’s actions don’t just effect him they effect the Democrat party and their ambitions to get control of the House back and keep the Senate leadership.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

John Bolton: A fire bell in the night.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Just watch his demanor with Medvedev.

He nearly crawls into Med’s azz, with submission and “Ohhhh, yaaaaah, we’re such buddies. When I ‘win’, again, I’ll really destroy the U.S. as you know her”.

Obama is the biggest charlatan to ever inherit the WH. The U.S. Americans are the fools to have put such a liar, cheater, thug in charge of the land. The rest of the world is just as stupid.

You were all mesmerized by the biggest Crook in Chief.

He laughs at all of you.

Don’t believe a single word he says. He is a Liar and a Crook, a Machiavellian, Pinnochean, Orwellian and Muenchhausean Thug.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

That would be a valid point IF Obama cared about the Democrats, problem is, he doesn’t they are just a means to an end for him.

SWalker on March 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

And Obama has no business being President when he sells out the USA at every turn, seeks to destroy this country with his every move and treats the Constitution like toilet paper. And yet the morons like you act like he is giving out chocolate bars and hand jobs.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Another “I can see Russia from my house” moment

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

O’bama said the American state he claims to have been born in is located in Asia.

He also said that the residents of Austria speak Austrian.

Now get back to help KeninCT find a Date for next month’s 3 back-to-back NASCAR Races in Connecticut.

Del Dolemonte on March 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Watching Obama stumble around on the world stage is like watching the East Goobersville High JV take on the Green Bay Packers.

Scriptor on March 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Valid point Dr. but, do you honestly think the won would care about the dem’s left after he gets his @ss thrown out?

D-fusit on March 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Obama doesn’t care about the Democrat party. He cares about Obama. Period. And he certainly won’t care about party-first if he becomes a lame duck.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

FARTING!

So what does Willard plan on doing with enemy number 1 Russia?

Start another cold war?

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

EXCESSively!!

KOOLAID2 on March 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

KeninCT Needs a Date. Please visit his Website.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Del Dolemonte on March 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Its clear you do not “get” the audacity of the One. He shed crocodile tears for the 2010 shellacking. It gave him justifiable cover to “triangulate” back to the center for his re-election.

This arrogant SOBUS cares only about One thing.

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Thread winner

NoFanofLibs on March 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

thuja on March 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

It’s legal slang meaning withholding evidence that should be properly brought out in court, disclosed to the other side, etc. and by “hiding” it you are giving yourself an unfair (and unethical actually) advantage. I don’t believe it comes directly from a sports analogy because you can’t actually hide the ball when you are playing a sport involving a ball.

But don’t worry, it seems that Obama doesn’t understand what “hiding the ball” means either.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Obama punching below his weight again . . .

BigAlSouth on March 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Agreed! He usually lies with far more ease. It was kind of entertaining to see him do it without the usual extreme degree of arrogance. Makes me think he’s getting afraid that his facade is crumbling beyond hope, which of course it would if the media would do its job.

DanaLynn on March 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

mountainaires on March 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Do you think we should take advantage of Brian Terry’s murder and start hawking US Border Patrol Hoodies?

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Traitor and Charlatan in Chief.

He thinks you’re all stupid.

Throw him out, by at least 40 states.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Well, according to the latest polls, he knows almost half of us are.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Obama on hot-mic moment: I wasn’t “hiding the ball”

Obama on hot-mic moment everything: I wasn’t “hiding the ball” Lie lie lie; lie la lie lie lie, lie la lie.

hillbillyjim on March 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM

If I may be so bold, I don’t think he has any balls to hide…

contrarian on March 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

If I may be so bold, I don’t think he has any balls to hide…

contrarian on March 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I just commented on the OotD thread

Eunuch in chief, hiding balls, for now.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Obama punching below his weight again . . .

BigAlSouth on March 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

He’s punching the U.S.’s people, below the waist, again.

He is the greatest charlatan in history.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

You dummy can’t even find Russia on the map.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Don’t worry about geopolitics until you take car of the problems in VA.

The common wealth of VA approves of state sanctioned rape.
Good Americans oppose rape of any form whether it is done by an attacker or sponsored by the government. Rape in any form is WRONG.

liberal4life on March 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

arnold ziffel on March 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

0 was hiding the ball both times. And these weren’t the only balls he’s hiding…

Now, all you head-in-the-sand trolls and 0 supporters: who ya gonna believe, 0 or your lying eyes and ears?

ghostwalker1 on March 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Please think before you type.

blink on March 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Rhetorical right? Liberals are unable think logically. Especially this lib4life goofus.

Sporty1946 on March 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Russia is the enemy I hear.

Willard has no business running for President

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

But a man who just admitted on tape he was conspiring with a foreign government to affect the US elections and he’d grant them favored concessions does?

You are living proof that liberals have no common sense at all. They will excuse anything, deny everything, and answer for nothing, since they simply wish away any stupidity committed by a liberal. Confident their lapdog press will immediately attack the opposition for disloyalty when what the president as much as said, he’d sell out anyone to retain his power.

You don’t have a lick of shame in you do you L4L?

no shame, no honesty, no effort to see the foul nature of what Obama’s done here. You really aren’t very smart at at all.. you just attempt a lame diversionary attack on Romney.

Address Obama’s treasonous comment, or run away, he is your toad, your millstone.. so either explain his comments, or run away.

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

One would have to be incredibly naive or something to not understand the meaning behind what he said to Medvedev, especially with the reassuring pat on the arm. His body language defies his next day interpretation…. plus it’s not the first instance of President Obama lying to us.

poli-nana on March 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

…and at a time when they just completed elections in Russia, and they’re in the process of a presidential transition where a new president’s going to be coming in, in a little less than two months,” Mr. Obama said.

Yet another instance of “Obama thinks you’re stupid”. Almost everyone knows that there is no transition of power taking place in Russia and that Medvedev was merely a place holder and puppet for Putin, which is why Medvedev himself said “I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”

Obama is a really poor liar. It’s a shame that his first instinct seems to be dishonesty whenever he is caught doing something wrong.

OxyCon on March 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM

“You have to tear down the missile defense system..to see what’s in it.” Idiot-in-Chief

askwhatif on March 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Did anyone else notice the handpat? I was afraid Obama would lift the hand and kiss it!

lukjuj on March 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM

D-fusit on March 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

It’s going to be all about CYA on the way out if Obama doesn’t get reelected. The second term is usually spent defending against scandals that happened in the first term. Obama’s got scandals like Fast and Furious, it’s not going to go away. He’s going to need people left in place (seats) in enough numbers to block investigations and legal actions. Let’s face it Obama understands legal liability as it pertains to his time in office. Not to mention his AG’s behavior in office per the Black Panther’s threatening people at a polling place in PA., in 2008, and Holder’s involvement in Fast and Furious and any subsequent cover up.

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

OT, but in line with the leftie dummies.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Why is anybody surprised by what Obama said on the open mic? He’s been pretty up front about this from the beginning–since at least 2008. That is a big part of the problem, and why we have to beat him in November. The other part of the problem is that a significant proportion of the public either doesn’t think that he means what he says on missile defense/national security/foreign affairs, or worse still, they agree with Obama’s utopian naiveté.

ghostwriter on March 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

you know the only europeans that don’t loath america out of hand are those that emerged from the eastern block. so naturally king barry is itching to throw them to the wolves. how dare they betray the worker’s revolution by loving american freedom, democracy and capitalism.

barry has so much in common with the kremlin and puta putin today as they jail those who oppose their tyranny for dancing in a church and putin crowns Himself King for Life. as they sell weapons to every rogue islamic pig dog country there is. a taste of things to come if our tool in chief is re-elected.

mittens on March 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I see in the linked stories that Putin’s toady warned Romney that saying Russia was our no. 1 geopolitical foe “wasn’t helping.” So I guess Russia has been so spoiled by Obama that they can dictate who we elect and what we can & can’t say. As far as I’m concerned, Medvedev’s (really Putin’s) statement is another point in favor of Romney. This country was much better off with a POTUS like Reagan who wasn’t afraid to speak the truth about Russia and who had the balls to stand up to them instead of pleading with them for “more space” to win re-election, rubbing his hand on their knee and begging them to “please, please like me!” The Russians respect balls — always have, always will.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Russia claims the North Pole.

Maybe Obooba plans on letting them have it as part of his administration’s War On Santa Claus.

Akzed on March 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Dodged a huge R racist bullet there…. Thankfully for Mittens sake anyways….

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I want to hear Obama explain precisely how this “reset” approach of his towards Russia has improved our relations with them, and I would like to see him provide some practical examples of how Russia has cooperated with us and American foreign policy interests during Obama’s term.

ghostwriter on March 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Right up front I’ll admit that I loathe Obama’s policies, politics, petulance and demagoguery. I have to take giant steps away from my disgust to approach anything he does with even a modicum of objectivity. So, hundreds of giant steps later, the most objective spin I can put on this is that his remarks yesterday amounted to a whiny (and highly unprofessional) self-serving request to a semi-hostile state to help him get re-elected. In the worst case, this is nothing other than a wholesale sellout of the interests of the United States.

natasha333 on March 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thanks! I’m sure Obama does understand “hiding the ball.” If you ponder much of what Obama says, he doesn’t make sense except on a surface level. Mostly he speaks in specious analogies. If Obama made clear statements, they would be recognized as nonsense.

thuja on March 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM

d1carter on March 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Sadly John Bolton is wrong on this, the Fifth Column Treasonous Media can and will sweep this under the carpet for Obama and only those who follow the blogs will hear much about it other than the Whitehouse lies.

More importantly even than the cowardly failure to act displayed by the United States Congress is the criminal conspiracy by the Fifth Column Treasonous Media. Is their one single person in America who can honestly say, that had a President Sarah Palin been caught on video making this exact same deal with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev that the entire Fifth Column Treasonous Media would not be screaming at the highest volume they could attain that her actions demanded that she be impeached immediately?

Andrew Breitbart is reputed to have told his friends repeatedly that the Fifth Column Treasonous Media were America’s greatest enemy, Andrew was not wrong, Barack Obama is America’s greatest enemy right now, but after Barack Obama is gone the Fifth Column Treasonous Media will still be there, and will still be America’s greatest enemy. What the Soviet Union and the KGB were unable to accomplish from the outside the Fifth Column Treasonous Media is accomplishing from the inside.

SWalker on March 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

But our Romney supporter friends here tell us that it’s unpresidential or something like that to call out the media and hold them accountable for their lies and misrepresentations.

So let’s just let this one go because it might look bad, okay?

/ <—– I shouldn't need this, but just in case

kim roy on March 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM

So let’s just let this one go because it might look bad, okay?

/ <—– I shouldn't need this, but just in case

kim roy on March 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM

wrong, in politics it’s important to choose your battles, and this is an important one to fight, because this cretin that is our president (pls, not for long!!) is playing with this and other nations’ defence (see Poland’s reaction to this whole mess), and there’s nothing funny about it…the faux, fabricated outrage and anger at the media, over non-issues that Gingrich and Santorum choose to display more for the show sake or because their ego is too big to contain it, are not worth fighting in any way…it makes them look stupid and ridiculous at best…

jimver on March 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM

So let’s just let this one go because it might look bad, okay?

/ <—– I shouldn't need this, but just in case

kim roy on March 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM

You’re right: Flying off the handle at folks is very presidential–it’s a sign of strength and command… (roll eyes)

ghostwriter on March 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

kim roy on March 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Yes, but this does not apply to lying scumbags, that want to sell your country up the creek.

DDay on March 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM