Obama on hot-mic moment: I wasn’t “hiding the ball”

posted at 9:50 am on March 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

After a day of spin from the White House didn’t tamp down outrage over Barack Obama’s sotto voce conversation with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev, the President himself addressed the controversy.  Earlier today, Obama insisted that nothing he told Medvedev was out of the ordinary, and that he wasn’t “hiding the ball” on missile defense:

A defensive President Obama said Tuesday he wasn’t guilty of “hiding the ball” when an open microphone caught him pleading with the president of Russia to delay missile shield talks until after this year’s elections.

“The only way I get this stuff done is If I’m consulting with the Pentagon, with Congress, if I’ve got bipartisan support and frankly, the current environment is not conducive to those kinds of thoughtful consultations,” Mr. Obama told reporters at a nuclear security summit here. “This is not a matter of hiding the ball.” …

“I don’t think it’s any surprise that you can’t start that a few months before presidential and congressional elections in the United States, and at a time when they just completed elections in Russia, and they’re in the process of a presidential transition where a new president’s going to be coming in, in a little less than two months,” Mr. Obama said.

Er — riiight.  Here is the transcript once again from the conversation:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

“After my election, I have more flexibility.”  He’s not talking about Congressional elections.  He’s trying to get “space” from Putin, through Medvedev, in order to get himself re-elected.  And to get that space — in which Putin would presumably back off of his public comments on missile defense — Obama promised Russia “flexibility” on missile defense once he gets past “my last election,” and the last time voters can hold him accountable for his actions.

The White House continued to spin this as a demonstration of Obama’s commitment to nuclear disarmament and missile defense:

White House aides said the president was still “deeply invested” in the missile defense system.

Uh huh.  Here was Obama’s “deep investment” in this 2008 video from his campaign, in which he promised to “end misguided defense policies,” and one of the first topics mentioned is … missile defense:

I will cut investments in unproven missile-defense systems.

So when was Obama “hiding the ball”? Then or now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

uh huh
snort

james23 on March 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM

He fumbled the ball…

wildcat72 on March 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM

YOU LIE!

NoFanofLibs on March 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM

*shudder*

ABO

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Spin, little dancer, spin like the wind.

Bishop on March 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Lsm helping with the spin as usual

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

“The only way I get this stuff done is If I’m consulting with the Pentagon, with Congress, if I’ve got bipartisan support and frankly, the current environment is not conducive to those kinds of thoughtful consultations,”

Dude, I don’t think you’re conducive to thoughtful discussions (as Olympia Snowe, of all people, has said). Poor thing, has to waddle through the icky partisanship and all. Good thing he never engages in any of that.

changer1701 on March 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

what has Mitens said about all this?

GhoulAid on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Treasonous ? Impeachable ?

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Wrong Way Obama was running to the other end zone

faraway on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Liar.

srdem65 on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

It was the hoodie’s fault.

curved space on March 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Not even Biblical prophets have predicted and described the future with such uncanny precision and clarity as Rep. Joe Wilson.

Archivarix on March 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Simple question to ask at the debates: “Mr. Douchebag, why did you tell the Russians that you needed to wait until after the election to work on disarmament? Why not start this year?”

Bishop on March 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

This guy’s got to go. Sooner the better.

txsurveyor on March 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

The only way I get this stuff done is If I’m consulting with the Pentagon, with Congress, if I’ve got bipartisan support and frankly, the current environment is not conducive to those kinds of thoughtful consultations,” Mr. Obama told reporters at a nuclear security summit here. “This is not a matter of hiding the ball.”

SENSE. That Paragraph Makes None.

Obama says:
1) In order to get stuff done, I need bipartisan support.
2) I am not getting bipartisan support.
3) Therefore, I am not hiding the ball.

We do not know what Obama’s courses or grades were. I am guessing that “Logic” was not on his schedule, and if it was, the letter “A” did not appear next to the word “Logic” on his report card.

The guy is pathetic. Caught red-handed, he says, in effect, “Who are you going to believe–me or your lying eyes?”

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Wondering if this is what he meant to say:

President Obama: This is my America’s last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

Waiting for the lefty trolls to hop on board and defend the sociopathic socialist on this one.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

And the leftisprodlibturd mediots along with Oblabbermouth’s dumbmass fawning supporters are lapping up his lies like nectar of the gods–whose gods I don’t know.

stukinIL4now on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Really, this is barely short of outright treason. It’s certainly grounds for impeachment, though at this late date in his term the only “impeachment” he will ever undergo is via the election in November.

jwolf on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

“Last election.” This was the tell that proves that the Marxist f*ck is going to give away the entire store if re-elected, thus giving Putin free reign to “reacquire” Eastern Europe.

TXUS on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

This guy really has “Manchurian Candidate” written all over him.

HomeoftheBrave on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We’ve gone from a president who tells the Russians to tear down that wall to a putz begging for space so he can get reelected. Instead of doing what’s best for the country, he’s planning on doing what’s best for him.

Kissmygrits on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

He’s so out of the loop that he honestly thinks we’re buying it.

I’m ok with that…

katy on March 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I will cut investments in unproven missile-defense systems.

And instead give it to my friends and supporters at Solyndra…

cicerone on March 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

We should never let a single day go by the rest of the year without bringing this up, making this an issue and reminding everybody what he said and what’s at stake.
And Romney, Santorum and Gingrich should never let a day go by without making this a featured part of every stump speech they give and every interview they grant.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Barf bag at the ready.

OldEnglish on March 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Bishop, those debate questions will be,we know you needed to delay the talks, yada yada yada

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

Actually, Medvedev’s last line was:

I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir. And I stand with you.

I think that “I stand with you” from Medvedev is just as important to the context as anything else, disproving Obama’s b.s. spin.

Like I said, we’ve gone from the POTUS telling the Russian president “Tear down this wall” to this. Sad, sad day for the USA.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

White House aides said the president was still “deeply invested” in the missile defense system.

I absolutely agree. He is deeply invested — deeply invested in killing the program. And he’s not hiding the ball in wanting to weaken America’s defense, it’s the MSM that’s hiding the ball for him.

rbj on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Only an idiot would think that he didn’t know the mic was on.

kozmo on March 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

This speaks VOLUMES!!!!! It does not matter the subject. If you thought he was too radical already, just think of what he would do without having to worry about another election.

jeffn21 on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

…”not a matter of hiding the ball”?

JugEars talking about ba11s??????????
….you can’t hide what you don’t have!!!!

KOOLAID2 on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Obama is a filthy liar.

He clearly is guilty of treason and I’m willing to make the case he deliberately tanked the economy to make Americans more dependent on government. Why more Americans don’t see this bastard for who and what he is escapes any rational explanation.

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

“You can keep your missile defense system if you like it”. (But that policy will also change after I’m re-elected)

Rovin on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Damn, I want this turncoat impeached. The more this sinks in, the more it makes sense that he really believes that this is Americas – last election. I think he beleievs everything in Hugo’s book.

HomeoftheBrave on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

More from honesty from team “spread the wealth” and “we’ll have to pass the bill to see whats in it”
If only thwe had an unviased honest media- and not the
So Called Un-biased Media that controls the majority of information flow.

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

This always happens when he goes “off the teleprompter”.

Bitter Clinger on March 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Wrong as usual, Obama Zombie — according to Willard Russia is our number 1 geopolitical foe. Buy yourself a dictionary and learn the definitions of “geopolitical” & “foe.”

Thanks for playing, though.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Only an idiot would think that he didn’t know the mic was on.

kozmo on March 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Are you suggesting that he deliberately made that comment public? To what end?

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I don’t care.
Obama is awesome!

Electrongod on March 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

After the election Obama will have “a lot more flexibility” on a whole lot of stuff, not just missile defense. Scary thought indeed.

neuquenguy on March 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

The only reasons I don’t support impeachment is that it would likely backfire ala Clinton and that voting him out is a better way.

But, yes, he MUST go.

WannabeAnglican on March 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

What an absolutely loathsome, lying piece of garbage this guy is.

Remind me again, lefties, about his “personal likability.”

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You mean another cribbed line that lefties were too stupid to realize came from SNL?

You need to try harder.

Bishop on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

“After my election, I have more flexibility.” He’s not talking about Congressional elections. He’s trying to get “space” from Putin, through Medvedev, in order to get himself re-elected. And to get that space — in which Putin would presumably back off of his public comments on missile defense — Obama promised Russia “flexibility” on missile defense once he gets past “my last election,” and the last time voters can hold him accountable for his actions.

Ed, I’m sure that you realize that Obama has just greenlighted the Russians to go all-in on helping him win this reelection, right? The widely publicized case in 2010 when the hot Russian spy was caught being, well, er….a spy… involved 10 others who were involved in influencing US policy, in particular, weapons policy.

The US intercepted transmissions to the SVR, the modern day KGB, regarding activities such as influence in policy making and outcomes of US elections. What effect do you think that Mr. Obama’s statements will now have on Russian foreign-intelligence agents, working within the US, upon the upcoming elections???

Since Mr. Obama has now tied his missile defense policy to the outcome of his own election, he has implicitly asked the Russians to help him to that end—an end that, I’m sure, they’re more than willing to assist with.

dishonest, illegal, treasonous and un American.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

….I see you have the head…IN the diaper today! You should make sure it’s not full first!

KOOLAID2 on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Rightmover, they were spinning all day yesterday

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Interesting that Obama was basically using Medvedev as Putin’s errand boy.

Mr. Arkadin on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Pretty sad… and very dangerous… for all of us…

Khun Joe on March 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

jeffn21 on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Please. I drink too heavily as it is whenever he speaks or comes out with a new program.

Yakko77 on March 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Because lots of morons like “free” stuff.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Sadly, he’s been saying that since 2008 & the brain dead left voted for him anyway & they’ll vote for him again.

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

How much more contempt can this nation take?

Will a neutered CEO with number skills really be able to step up to the plate aqainst this super-organized plague of the left? It is undeniably out-of-the-closet in it collective strike against America’s freedom that has more than enough danger behind its intentions to make Pearl Harbor a far less significant danger to our historic security. This is not about one person. It is an entire attack on every conceivable level. This is about freedom -not the danged economy!

Don L on March 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Doesn’t want to waste money on ‘unproven’ defense technology…..but doesn’t have a problem wasting a trillion here and there on ‘unproven’ energy technology.

I cannot overstate my fear of this loon and his administration.

Anti_anti on March 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

No one is saying that he is trying to “hide the ball” because, as far as we know, it is still halftime in America.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Would luck with having the Republicans make something of this. They have given enough ammunition to the last three years to blow the universe out of existence, what have they done with it?

neuquenguy on March 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Remind me, please, is Alaska the 56th or 57th state?

VibrioCocci on March 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

A

ccording to Willard Russia is the enemy.

Really?

Would you please state each and every step in your reasoning process that leads you to conclude that:

1) Mitt’s observation that Russia is the USA’s #1 geopolitical foe; and

2) Tina Fey’s skit where she (playing Sarah Palin) said, “I can see Russia from my house”

are substantively the same?

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Pu$$y @$$ed half cracker…

Man up, boy, and just run on what you believe.

MNHawk on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

WTF does this lying idiot think “hide the ball” means? Didn’t Sheriff Joe call it a “football analogy” a few months ago? Apparently it’s just the administration’s all purpose expression and means nothing and anything at the same time.

vermin on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

Although Sarah NEVER said that quote- an MSM fabricated lie-

I stand with you liberal. Russia only wants the best for its European neighbors and Baltic friends. Their intentions are always misunderstood.
Da ?

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

After a secret multiyear investigation, the Justice Department announced the arrests Monday in a blockbuster spy case that could rival the capture of Soviet Col. Rudolf Abel in 1957 in New York.

There was no clue in initial court papers how successful the agents had been but they were alleged to have been long-term, deep cover spies, some living as couples. These deep-cover agents are the hardest spies for the FBI to catch because they take civilian jobs with no visible connection to a foreign government, rather than operating from government jobs inside Russian embassies and military missions. Abel was just such a deep cover agent; he was ultimately swapped to the Soviet Union for downed U-2 spy pilot Francis Gary Powers in 1962.

The court papers described a new high-tech spy-to-spy communications system used by the defendants: icy.

“Try to outline their views and most important Obama’s goals (sic) which he expects to achieve during summit in July and how does his team plan to do it (arguments, provisions, means of persuasion to ‘lure’ (Russia) into cooperation in US interests,” Moscow asked, according to the documents.

Moscow indicated that it needed intelligence reports “which should reflect approaches and ideas of” four sub-Cabinet U.S. foreign policy officials.

It is not clear from the filings how successful the Murphys were in obtaining such information.

One intercepted message said Cynthia Murphy, “had several work-related personal meetings with” a man the court papers describe as a prominent New York-based financier who was active in politics.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/28/feds-bust-alleged-russian-spies/#ixzz1qKIbRbjC

Any Russian involvement in our elections is sinister and reflective of only the Russians and Obama’s self interest–NOT of American interests.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Nope, not hiding the ball…

Just denying the ball exists.

jaydee_007 on March 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

There can be no doubt that this man intends to swerve hard left if he is re-elected and is no longer accountable to the American people.

If you thought his first term was a disaster, and his repeated abuses of executive authority intolerable, you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. Just wait until he is off the hook with the people and can act, as he sees it, with impunity.

Missile defense is only the beginning.

novaculus on March 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Why am I not shocked, girlfriend, that you can’t tell the difference between real life and TV?

Kind of sucks, girlfriend, that you have to quote Saturday Night Live to counter your low IQ President.

MNHawk on March 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Sarah Palin doesn’t trust the Russians that she can see from her house.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Who is Willard Russia, by the way?

MNHawk on March 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Nothing to do with Romney, you dipstick. Everything to do with the President committing a potentially treasonous act. There ARE more than two witnesses to this. Impeachment may not be necessary as he will be blown out in November by whoever is running against him. Afterward though, he should be arrested and tried for treason. Period. That’s the focus nimrod. Tray to stay on point or just go away – you’re annoying.

HomeoftheBrave on March 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Interesting that Obama was basically using Medvedev as Putin’s errand boy.

Mr. Arkadin on March 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

The really scary question is who, exactly, is Obama the errand boy for?

Dark Star on March 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

i love how all of you morons get you talking points from a live comedy show aired once a week. shows how intelligent you really are.

GhoulAid on March 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Treasonous ? Impeachable ?

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yes. If we only had the politcians with the backbone to do it.

katy the mean old lady on March 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Obowma has really had his way with you lib4life, just gargle and swallow.

NapaConservative on March 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

HomeoftheBrave on March 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

That’s libsquirrel4life’s point. Obfuscate about Obama’s slip by deflecting to anything Romney has said about the issue.

Bitter Clinger on March 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM

The New York Times hasn’t yet formulated an explanation of what the President meant in his exchange with Medvedev. In the meantime, please fill the airwaves with an extended two minutes of hate.

MTF on March 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Treasonous ? Impeachable ?

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yes. If we only had the politcians with the backbone to do it.

katy the mean old lady on March 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Come on folks. You really think a Democratic-controlled Senate would ever vote to convict him? It would be Clinton Impeachment Part Deux.

Bitter Clinger on March 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Wondering what will be the WH distraction/ mis-direction will be to paper over this traitorous moment.
Herr Axelfraud has gotta be preparing to get out that next big crisis to allow the MSM scum to move along away from Ocommie post election strategy and continue their shell game the electorate with.

Who thinks Newt may be getting a little libidinous over wanting to debate Ocommie right NOW ???

FlaMurph on March 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

They may not have the stones to show up here on this one, but to get the flavor of the Obamabot reaction check the comments on the WaPo’s Potemkin, window-dressing Conservative simulacrum Jennifer Rubin’s post on it.

Do some algebra on the Left-dolt comments and solve for common factors and you really see only two comments: 1. “Rubin you’re an idiot.” [for even mentioning it, we suppose] and 2. “This is not an issue.”

So as usual, counted straight the commentary leans Left by a wide margin. But with the algebra the comments with common sense come out ahead by a large ratio — even though the craven WaPo gatekeepers didn’t approve our own cutting, insightful contribution to the discussion. ;)

curved space on March 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Shut up, turd.

Pork-Chop on March 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Who needs Boris and Natasha when we Obama?

vcferlita on March 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

First off;

According to Willard, Russia is the Number One Geopolitical foe of the United States.
(Please note the placement of the comma, it goes after Willard so people don’t think that Russia is Willard’s last name.)

Second;

According to Sarah, “There are places in Alaska where you can actually see Russia.”

Both actual quotes are true!

jaydee_007 on March 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Bold faced through his teeth lying liar, Joe Wilson had it right.

NY Conservative on March 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM

According to Willard Russia is the enemy.

liberal4life on March 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Look everyone! Over there! Squirrel!

bigmacdaddy on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

The Kremlin
1 Red Square
Moscow, Federal Republic of Russia
April 1, 2012

Dear Comrade Barack:

Please accept the enclosed check for ten million rubles payable to your re-election campaign. I very much look forward to working with you in a new space for peace.

From Russia with Love,
Vladimir

Steve Z on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I feel sorry for the Britains they apparently elected an idiot in the form of Cameron. David Cameron was just over here gushing all over Obama. Cameron : Obama “pressed the reset button on the moral authority of the entire free world”. I’ll give Cameron this Obama is a globalist not a nationalist. Morals have nothing to do with whats going on globally not in a positive sense anyway. What a freakin maroon. These people are supposed to be our intellectual superiors?

Does it occur to people like Cameron, that this hot mic moment is Obama basically selling out our European Allies? The missile defense in Europe is there for their protection from Russian aggression, and Russia’s proxy Iran (Both Major Oil Producers).

I ask the question again, Do Britains know they elected a blithering idiot?

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

“…and at a time when they just completed elections in Russia, and they’re in the process of a presidential transition where a new president’s going to be coming in, in a little less than two months…”

Obama actually said this? [Of course, he did.]

Giving time so the Russians can deal with a newly elected president???

Here’s a news flash for ya, Barry…pay attention.

Putin has been running the show in Russia directly since Yeltsin.

None of the key players in the Russian government nor military have changed…and it is established that Medvedev was merely a place holder till the return of Putin.

If Obama is this stupid…he needs to resign and go back to Chicago and fleece organize for South Chicago projects. Seems to be the only thing he is good at, and he wasn’t all that good to begin with, as all of his programs ended in failure back in Chitown.

If he is this conniving, this blatant about his innate dishonesty, then he needs to be removed by a landslide in November and relegated to the scrap heap of history.

As a side note…the video reminded me.

Funny thing about despots and radicals is that they both tend to tell people exactly what they intend to do…but along the way folks just cannot believe that they’d follow through on any of it.

Well, Obama is trying with all his might to bring the once-exceptional United States down to the same level as any other regular nation on the globe, perhaps more so.

And he is fully committed to end our ability to be the premier global military power.

And he is working overtime to make sure that most of the population of the United States is totally dependent on the largesse of the Democrat Party while making sure that evil Conservatives and those evil guys with the banks and money and stuff are made to pay for the sins of their fathers…like colonialism and exploitation and every other imagined slight over the past centuries.

298 days until the inauguration of a new President…can we make it that long???

coldwarrior on March 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM

1) Mitt’s observation that Russia is the USA’s #1 geopolitical foe; and

are substantively the same?

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Reason matters not to liberals. They think, therefore it just is

NoFanofLibs on March 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I ask the question again, Do Britains Americans know they elected a blithering idiot?

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

FIFY

NoFanofLibs on March 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

HeatSeeker2011 on March 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

+100

itsspideyman on March 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

What Obama will be saying his 2nd term is, “Y’all been say I am a socialist, muslim lover who wants to weaken America…well, you are right and when I do socialist, muslim loving things that weaken America do not act surprised. You did not have to vote for me. And since you did, you are getting how I acted and you said I was.”

albill on March 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

GhoulAid on March 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM

That is the Obama voting base.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

FIFY

NoFanofLibs on March 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Stop this nonsense once and for all. Britain elected and idiot bevause he can’t see how despicable our rEsident is. However, Obowma is NOT an idiot. He’s wilfully and methodically destroying this nation. He says stupid things and he acts like an idiot but his agenda and motives are very calculated and callous.

NapaConservative on March 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I cannot overstate my fear of this loon and his administration.

Anti_anti on March 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Not advocating unwise tech investment, but in my estimation…

unproven defense technology still has strategic value as a deterrent. Unproven green technology has significantly less value (and arguably, negative value). That’s being generous.

freedomfirst on March 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Subliminal message to liberals and easy-to-confuse Independents: the current Congress and Pentagon aren’t “thoughtful” enough.

I wonder how thoughtful Komrad Vlad will be when MadManJihad in Iran gets a nuke.

Steve Z on March 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I whispered stupidly.

Paul-Cincy on March 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

They could, and probably will, use the Trayvon Martin story for just this purpose.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I remember HOPING when this leftist totalitarian was elected that public opinion would have some sort of restraining effect on his plans and ambitions. It’s had none. Zero. Once in a while he’s asked about some outrage and he simply tells a lie with no fear that he’ll be embarrassed by the fourth estate. The only restraint has been because of the Tea Party members guarding the no-man’s land in Reid-a-stan. Lone warriors like Darrell Issa are our sole defense against the corruption of this petty little despot. Imagine if he is given a second term with carte blanch to destroy all private property laws and trade our soverenty to Russia and China? In four short years we’d be a 3rd World Country, controlled by violent unions and drug cartels. We’d be calling him Papa Barrack.

Portia46 on March 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

This is still nothing less than an act of TREASON. Someone want to remind me of what Article II Section 4 of the United States Constitution says?

Barack Obama has either ignored or outright violated the US Constitution for over 3 years now, and at best Congress response has been to hide under their desks and whimper like a beaten dog. Their is no doubt what so ever that congress is scared to death that if they attempt to hold Barack Obama accountable to the US Constitution that they will be treated exactly the same as George Zimmerman. Which is to say, forced into hiding for fear of their lives by thugs and gangsters who would put a dead or alive bounty on their heads.

If the Latin Kings, Italian Mafia, Chinese Mob, Mexican Mob, Russian Mob, Hell’s Angels or the Aryan Nation had put a bounty on a Black Person the FBI would be all over them. The Black Panthers do that and nothing is said. Eric Holder’s Department of Injustice not only turns a blind eye to the indisputably criminal act of solicitation to commit Murder by the New Black Panthers, but turns it’s attention to prosecuting George Zimmerman for having the audacity to defend his life against a gangbanger who was brutally assaulting him.

How Dare George Zimmerman, didn’t George understand that he was suppose to take his potentially life threatening beating at the hands of Trevyon Martin and and be glad for it, rather than defend his life up to and including using deadly force to do so.

Congress, on the other hand, unlike George Zimmerman, who WAS taking an active role in protecting his community is not only not protecting those whom they are sworn to represent, they are taking their potentially life threatening beating and they ARE LIKING IT.

SWalker on March 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Do Britains know they elected a blithering idiot?

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Phew, I’m glad we don’t have such problems here in the U.S.

Right Mover on March 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

And why would we want nuclear disarmament ? Russia, China, N Korea and Pakistan will not destroy their stock pile and are renewing it, while our are aging and not being replaced.

democratsarefools on March 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM