Feelgood video of the day: “Fiona’s rescue”

posted at 7:51 pm on March 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, this isn’t mega-viral yet but it’s getting there. Watch it now, because in a few days your mom’s going to e-mail you with the link and a note about how she hasn’t cried this hard since “The Way We Were.”

Just look at that little dog shivering in the trash. Shattering.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Great video but the cynicism on here is astounding from a few folks.

How we respond, is how we will be judged. There are many ways to help people and adults in trouble can reach out. A lot of the poor and ‘helpless’ today are not either but simply chose to wait until someone gives them money and/or a house, medical care or food. That is a lot of things but it is not helplessness.

There are humans, most particularly children who are in need of a protection and care – it says something about humans that the SPCA came first before the CPS. But now the human ‘helping’ organizations are hindered by pc rules and decisions that do nothing to alleviate the true suffering that abounds.

To imply that we must eradicate the suffering of humans before we even consider easing the suffering of animals is so dangerously myopic.

What you don’t grasp from this ‘feel-good’ story is it’s value: 1) children and adults will learn that rescuing an animal can provide a family with a lovely companion animal, 2) that even the most sick animal can recover (and hey, maybe even the most sick person can too) and 3) that there exist in this world, yes even in America heartless people who simply pass by the hurt, hungry and sick – now it’s up to you whether you are on the side of rescuing or will simply walk by.

And a couple of final thoughts – even Jesus said “For the poor you have with you always…” in response to “For the perfume might have been sold for a high price and the money given to the poor.” Matthew 26:9-10
and
The procedures and lessons learned in the eye surgery Fiona had – will be used by human ophthalmologists to improve the procedures and techniques used in human eye surgery. You would be amazed at what has progressed from veterinarians to human doctors and vice versa.
But then that’s what happens when one’s mind is closed or only focused on their own frame of view.

jackal40 on March 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

There are few (if any) things in this world that can look as happy, as sad, as wet, or as tired as a dog.

Nick_Angel on March 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

okay great video, but I have a hard time getting emotional about an animal rescue when there are children being aborted every day in this country and kids living in horrible conditions and being sold into slavery. I’ve walked the slums of 3rd world nations where literally hundreds of children roamed the streets without parents, food or shelter. I cry for them.

mcplumbercuda on March 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The neat thing about being a human is that our brains are complex enough to be concerned with all of the above…. well, some of us anyway.

grahsco on March 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I am a 6’2″ “manly male” and I cried like a baby when I saw this.

DuctTapeMyBrain on March 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

That’s not a dog… it’s a Bichon Frise!

Very valuable breed.

Terp Mole on March 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

AKC on Bichon Frise

They cost ~$800 from a good breeder.

Terp Mole on March 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Awesome video.

Made me remember my own pooch who I rescued and who guarded and protected me. RIP Sam.

dogsoldier on March 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I found a bichon frise that was pretty helpless and dirty and kept him. His name is Max. I caught him just before he started across a busy street.

He is one of four dogs I have. 2 I found and 2 are from the shelter.

joey24007 on March 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Got awful dusty in here. Damn allergies….

goflyers on March 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I hated the song so much. It is loud and obnoxious and preachy.

The video itself would have been good if it had been earnest, but it was WAY too much of an advertisement, and the people who made it way too focused on showing off what “amazing” people they are.

It was a colossal waste of money to pay what was probably thousands of dollars to give the dog eye surgery, putting aside the fact that I simply do not believe that the dog was blind, and I do not believe that if it was blind, vision could be surgically restored. That is science fiction.

I have a pretty good bullsh1t detector, and it was blasting when I watched this video.

kaltes on March 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM