Romney hits Obama: Russia is our “number one geopolitical foe”; Update: Video fixed

posted at 9:27 pm on March 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

An odd line in the course of an otherwise solid attack on Obama’s dumb “hot mic” comment this morning. As you’ll see, he has something specific in mind with the term “foe” and it’s not equivalent to “threat,” but I think most people who see the soundbite version of this clip will understand it that way and come away puzzled. If you gut-check Americans on what our biggest foreign-policy problem is, the answers you’re most likely to get, I’ll bet, are Iran, Pakistan/Al Qaeda, and China. Russia is, as Romney says, frequently a stumbling block to America’s agenda abroad — look no further than Syria — but I think most of the public sees it as a fading power whose primacy of place in U.S. threat assessments was lost after the Cold War. Seems odd for the presumptive GOP nominee to suddenly name them public enemy number one.

Doesn’t much matter, as the point here is to attack Obama, not Russia, and Romney does a good job of it. Can’t wait for that first Romney/Putin summit, though. Oh well: At least our “number one geopolitical foe” won’t be surprised when European missile defense is suddenly back in vogue.

Update: Sorry, had the wrong video posted initially.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

$10.000.00 says this slip on 0′s part will make it into a few ads this season.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

ddrintn on March 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Red meater “tru-cons” wanted Rombo to drop a few eff bombs? A few well placed BullShiites!!- maybe “that Putin is a real mother F*%#er” ? Huh ?

Get freaking real- let newt and santo throw the mooslum bombs – while Mittens keeps his white horse clean. Got it ?

FlaMurph on March 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Romney should fire that guy who told him emulating carboard cutout is presidential.

promachus on March 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Hey, it’s working for him…

MeatHeadinCA on March 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

you’d STILL be uttering stupid crap like this.

blatantblue on March 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Pragmatic is anything but.

John the Libertarian on March 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

He is right to go after Obama on this, but I still think it is a mistake to list it as the number one foe. Number two, yes, but not number one. And don’t worry, Romney fans, he can survive mild criticism.

McDuck on March 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

No, no. It isn’t a matter of disagreeing. It’s a matter of knowing that if someone else (cough sarah palin cough), those very same people would be praising her insights.

blatantblue on March 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

She didn’t say that and if she had I would disagree with her on that as I did with the ‘retard’ comment.

This was anidiotic comment and Russia is not the number one foe of the US.

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

3. Soviet Russia (it will ALWAYS be Soviet Russia to me)

Why should it always be Soviet Russia?

ninjapirate on March 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Cause the government and the country is run by a communist. A REAL communist.

rubberneck on March 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Whenever Obama has a particularly bad day, he just lies back and thinks of Russia.

malclave on March 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

$10.000.00 says this slip on 0′s part will make it into a few ads this season.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

If it doesn’t, the GOP has no, none, nada …

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

$10.000.00 says this slip on 0′s part will make it into a few ads this season.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Oh yeah! Play King Obama’s open mic and a video of Ronald Reagan saying “Tear down this wall”

Works for me.

JPeterman on March 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Agree with some previous posters. It’s probably not number one right now..but other than that quibble this is a big nothingburger.
Can’t even call this a gaffe.

If they do they are gullible. Putin is dangerous.

BakerAllie on March 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM

McDuck on March 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

All of them should pound the hell out of 0 for this open mic statement. Pound him hard and often. Relentlessly. If Russia is not our number one adversary geo politically who is? Russias fingerprints are sure to be found on all the problem areas of the world.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Good deal..:)

PS..I hope everything is going well for you and your family..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Dire Straits:Thanks Dire,everything is good,and too you as well!:)

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

If it doesn’t, the GOP has no, none, nada …

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

They’d better have some, some more, a lotta.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

McDuck on March 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

That’s a good point. Maybe we can have a couple number 1 enemies. After all, how many countries does President Obama think is punching above it’s weight class. Lots of room for everyone .

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Just simply state that “I think President Obama’s white half is just as inept” or something similar.
wildcat72 on March 26, 2012 at 9:48 PM

And risk alienating the mixed race vote? He’s gotta go all in on a total Obie inept angle- while making sure everyone understands Obie is a nice guy and family man.

FlaMurph on March 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

They’d better have some, some more, a lotta.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Holy crap Bmore, we just turned into a hip hop band.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Holy crap Bmore, we just turned into a hip hop band.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

$ bling!

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM

It isn’t a matter of disagreeing, it’s a matter of folks here who, in the past, would support such a notion, find themselves downplaying the threat that Russia presents to global stability and US efforts abroad.

THAT is what it is about.

blatantblue on March 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Denigrating entire swathes of people based on a few select commenters is a weak argument. The same can be said about Romney supporters who jump on anyone who questions Romney or criticizes him.

FWIW-Many who don’t support Romney in the primary base that on his record and past statements. There is a general suspicion of someone who shifts to the center (I don’t see him moving to the right) and when an advisor admits that the candidate will change again once (if) he wins the nomination. Forgive me for having a healthy dose of skepticism.

Russia is a foe, but the number one? I don’t think so. We can get into the weeds on “geo-political,” but he didn’t need to say “number one” and he avoids saying it again. As I said above, it isn’t a huge gaffe but this would qualify as misspeaking.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

hawkdriver, all kidding aside, nice job on the uppereastside. ; )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

How can you ignore Russia as an enemy when they run interference on everything Iran does?

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Cindy Munford:Excellent point!:)

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

It is all good for me and family..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Weak, thin gruel by Romney.

“Geopolitical foe”??
I am sure Putin is shaking with fear…LOL

Norwegian on March 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

And don’t worry, Romney fans, he can survive mild criticism.

McDuck on March 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Shout it from the mountaintops.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Holy crap Bmore, we just turned into a hip hop band.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

hawkdriver:Oh gawd,not the Hippty..Hippty..Hippty Hop
thug/thugette rap music crap…oy!—:)

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
It is all good for me and family..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Dire Straits:Glad to hear,hey are your two,in there teens!!:)

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM

The positive from this video clip: the MSM is covering what Obama said. That should go viral and the nominees should have an ad running now.

It’s sickening when Blitzer talks about the “dangers” of an open mic. The media knows all this about Obama, but do not want us to know.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

A good first round, but Russia is more of an enabler,then a direct threat

narciso on March 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I’m not a Romney supporter but I think he did OK here, dealing, of course, with the press attempting to trip him up.

GaltBlvnAtty on March 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Once again, let AP come up with an alleged faux pas from Romney. Is it an effective sound bit for Romney to say: Russia, our number fourth or fifth geo-political foe? If he did, will AP post a sneering comment and questions why Russian should not be second or third?

galtani on March 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Dire Straits:Glad to hear,hey are your two,in there teens!!:)

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Don’t I wish..Both are in college and away from home..Always have to keep the worry alert antenna up..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Girls ?

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Obama wait till I am reelected, I will have more flexibility to do what?

Obama wrote a book dreams of my father. As I recall Barack H Obama Sr., was an anti colonialist. Barack H Obama Sr., Kenyan born citizen of Great Britain.

Awhile back Obama said (A Politics of Conscience Hartford, CT | June 23, 2007 Speech) that the U.S had brought the British Empire to it’s knees, when we won the Revolutionary War…well we didn’t, but that statement stood out. Is that Obama’s father’s dream to bring the British Empire to it’s knees? The U.S. is just the tool to get to his communist father’s real target?

But my journey is part of a larger journey – one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to our society. It’s a journey that takes us back to our nation’s founding, when none other than a UCC church inspired the Boston Tea Party and helped bring an Empire to its knees.

We never did bring the British Empire to it’s knees in fact there was a second war with Great Britain, The war of 1812, when the British burned the white house and the capital.

What effect will removing missile defense systems from Europe accomplish? Leave the Euros including Great Britain vulnerable to Russia?

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Girls ?

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Boy and girl..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I like to use the “what if Palin had said that?” test. Let’s see:
Blurp blurp blurp…

ddrintn on March 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ha Ha Ha. Allow me to quote you:
“Why do you always bring up Palin!”

Ironically, the first thing I thought of reading Allah’s take was when Palin (not Tina Fey) said: “I can see Russia…”. She thinks their a threat. No? They’re the movers and shaker and bankers and bakers behind Iran, Syria et al…

CU2Morrow Hot Airians

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I will not concede number one. He might have overstated that point. I still wouldn’t back down from it. We shouldn’t forget the invasion of Georgia. I don’t mind saying that with that happening while I was still on active duty, I was a bit unnerved. I spent most of my career training for what happens when the Red Hoard came busting through the Fulda Gap. Georgia was definitely a WTH? moment so many years after the end of the Cold War.

Russia is at least supporting our number one enemy, Iran. The Iranian support to the Taliban and HIG in Afghanistan has cost more US lives than you could ever imagine. Russia, is not a natural ally of the US. The US President whispering a comment that he thinks is off mic that alludes to conceding missile power to these guys, we should not diminish for any reason.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

canopfor on March 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Word, dog!

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Boy and girl..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Nice, perfect actually. : )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Except Palin never said that.

You are just ignorant.

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

ITA — Is Wolf’s implication that if it hadn’t been caught on mic it would have been perfectly acceptable for Obama to say what he did to imply to Putin’s toady? SMH.

And you know Obama’s slip up was bad when even CNN/Wolf is forced to cover it. Because trust: if they could have covered it up/ignored it they would have.

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Don’t forget their activities in our own hemisphere.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

CU2Morrow Hot Airians

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Palin understands the energy industry, and Russia’s place in the scheme of the global energy market. So does Romney, it’s not like the Russians aren’t overtly enabling the Iranians.

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

my above comment @10:42 has a superfluous “to imply” in the first sentence. Sorry.

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You are just ignorant.

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Willfully so?

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

+ 100..I agree..Plus Russia has a great wealth of natural resources and nukes..They are definitely at the top of the enemy list for the USA..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Nice, perfect actually. : )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I have been Blessed!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Willfully so?

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I am being charitable is assuming her to be ignorant of the truth.

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Don’t forget their activities in our own hemisphere.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Their former satellites are one thing. The Russians themselves, I do not trust them as far as I could throw this lady.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I agree that Russia is “the man behind the curtain.” They’re funneling money, weapons, and support to rogue countries while appearing they have the best intentions. Frankly, I was surprised that Obama had this meeting and was traveling abroad. Usually, those trips come with fanfare and talking points before POTUS leaves the country.

Romney’s argument here makes me think of Bush 43 making the statement of the “axis of evil” in his SOTU without prepping the public on that concept. It seems there are better ways for Romney to communicate these points than saying Russia is geo-political foe numero uno. Most people will scratch their head and say “geo-political whaaaat?!” Minor quibbles.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Does Romney understand energy?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I remember very early in the Obama administration, someone (maybe Panetta or Brennan) said that China was our biggest threat.

teri_b on March 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Except Palin never said that.
You are just ignorant.
sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Really? Before I go:

The exact Palin quote is, ta da……:

“They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”

To paraphrase El Rushbo: Don’t doubt me.

Over and out.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

LOL! Throw her, I’m not even sure if I could push her out of the way. Might make a heck of a middle linebacker though.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

More energy:

*******
Has any discussed the poster behind Romney that says repeal & replace ObamaCare? Is that now a standard backdrop as a method of persuasion?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Apparently it was willful.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Yes. That’s the implication Blitzer makes. IOW-Dang that hot mic caught Obama again! Props to Tapper for reporting the comments. How many other “hot mic” comments has Obama made that the press hasn’t told us? Last week Rush said (paraphrased), “Without the media, Obama would be a laughing stock.”

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I am not at all worried about ads this time around. That is one area where they are getting things right. This will make its way into several anti-Obama ads. I guarantee it.

McDuck on March 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM

INC on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hey INC, yes and I find it a bit alarming. I was just trying to give Rmoney props for at least driving some nails. You know in 0′s political coffin.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

INC on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Not on this thread. I noticed the sign too. I couldn’t tell you if this is something new because of Obamacare arguments at SCOTUS or recurring. Anyway, I was glad to see it.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I think I’m pretty straight down the middle. We can concede a bit of truth where it exists, no? If a candidate with whom we express concerns over, starts acting in a manner that displays some of the attributes we’re pinning for from any of them to display, how can we not express at least a little acknowledgement? It wasn’t perfect. It was a definitely a tack in the right direction.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

To paraphrase El Rushbo: Don’t doubt me.

Over and out.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

You were lying.

CU2Morrow Hot Airians

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Claim: During the 2008 presidential campaign, Sarah Palin said: “I can see Russia from my house.”

FALSE

What she actually said…

“They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Apparently it was willful.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yup.

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

You can see Russian from land in Alaska.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

AH_C , if your still around and see this, have a look here
 to see what I mean. It didn’t take two minutes.
Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I answered you in the Rubio whispering campaign thread.

AH_C on March 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Sure. It’s a start. Like INC noted above, the “Repeal Obamacare” sign over Mitt’s shoulder was encouraging to see.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I’ll go tell Vladimir <– in my best ruskie eerie accent.

rubberneck on March 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM
conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I found it alarming as well. I want repeal, but no replace with another package deal. I’d like to see some sensible (non-gov control) steps debated out in the open for once (I know, dream on).

It was also kind of alarming because I thought, what? Am I supposed to fall for a sign? It seems sort of like a campaign propaganda prop to me.

What about you Bmore?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The energy stuff is alarming as well if that’s what you mean.

I already knew that most of Romney’s governor advisers were dreadful.

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Foe is the right word. Russia opposes us in everything we do. In the UN, with Syria, with Iran, it doesn’t matter. No matter what side of an issue we are on, Russia has to be on the other side just for the sake of being on the other side. It is as if it is in their best interest to never do anything that’s in our best interest.

And … they are in a position where they are just about ready to win the cold war that we thought was over in 1989. We are getting to the point where we can’t afford a military at all because the Democrats have blown it all on social spending.

At that point the Russians will be able to do whatever they want to.

crosspatch on March 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You can see Russian from land in Alaska.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What are you, a misplaced loon or something?/

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

“If Santorum loses Pennsylvania, it’s over”

Romney is gonna force Santorum to defend in Penn. Will be interesting.

rubberneck on March 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

To paraphrase El Rushbo: Don’t doubt me.
Over and out.
Buy Danish
 on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Still astroturfing for Tina Fey, eh? Just can’t fix vicious PDS .

I suppose you didn’t know people used to walk, sled or canoe/kayak back and forth did’ya?

AH_C on March 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

What are you, a misplaced loon or something?/

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Why do I always have to be the misplaced loon?

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I answered you in the Rubio whispering campaign thread.

AH_C on March 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

; )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It didn’t seem odd when McCain was saying it four years ago, and whatever you think about McCain I think we can agree he has solid foreign policy chops.

xkaydet65 on March 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Exactly. The key word is geopolitical. Despite such issues as Tibet and Taiwan, China can more accurately be described as an economic foe of the U.S.. In spite of intense conflict, there is room for intense cooperation as well. The likelihood of war between the U.S. and China is very remote.

With Russia, on the other hand, the Great Game continues. Different names. Different faces. Different ideologies. The end of the Cold War changed the dynamic of the conflict, but it still abides.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

That explains things much better than I ever could.

BTW, the whole Palin/I can see Russia from my house nonsense began because Palin was being asked to discuss McCain’s position on Russia. McCain has always warned us not to take our eye off that ball.

Mr. Arkadin on March 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

What about you Bmore?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Dittos kiddo, prop central. Not even a nice prop. Just looked dinky out of place and unsure. Why am I here? Lol! : )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m definitely late to the conversation, but what did Romney say that was wrong? When I heard this soundbite this am, I thought “ding, ding” one for our side. Not that you’ll ever hear about it on any of LSM…

ccrosby on March 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Why do I always have to be the misplaced loon?

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

First in line, I guess. You can always count on me as backup loon when ya need a break. ; )

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

“Number 4 foe” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

EddieC on March 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Ha ha. Great description.

Anyone remember anything more of Cofer Black? I saw this a while back and wasn’t impressed.

Background from Deroy Murdok.

Cofer Black has been one of Romney’s counterterrorism advisers in the last campaign and in this one.

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

At that point the Russians will be able to do whatever they want to.
crosspatch
 on March 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Concur. But it was inarticulate.

AH_C on March 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

News from the future Malabar front;

Yes Russia had a preexisting relationship with the Baathists, in Syria, have got themselves in strategic position with Iran, on Bushehr reactor, and this czar in all but crown, wants to retake
the conquests under Czar Paul and Alexander 1.

narciso on March 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

After watching the clip again all I can say is Wolf never ever disappoints in confirming what a total tool of the left he is. May he have a most unfortunate slip in the bathtub.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

This has a full list of Romney’s advisers.

Romney unveils advisers on natl. security and foreign policy

Cofer Black, Michael Chertoff and Michael Hayden are listed first, then further down are all of the other names.

Any comments on any of these people? I think the people Romney surrounds himself tell us more than his words.

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Mr.Etches Sketch

Uppereastside on March 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

…you, are never very clear…Are you saying your testes itch?…I think, I may know why!

KOOLAID2 on March 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

At that point the Russians will be able to do whatever they want to.
crosspatch
on March 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Concur. But it was inarticulate.

AH_C on March 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If “foe” is the right word (which you seem to concur with) then it wasn’t inarticulate. “Foe” effectively expressed the idea Romney was conveying. Failing to speak to the lowest common denominator does not make something “inarticulate.”

Perhaps Rommney should have used a word the actual definition of which more people are familiar, but that doesn’t make it “inarticulate.”

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Lol pathetic.

You people and your boogeymen. Russians, Iranians, Chinese, Venezuelans, Libyans, Koreans. They are all coming to get you! Boo!

Newsflash, the US doesn’t own the world and nobody has to do what the US thinks they should. You can’t threaten and invade everyone. Besides even if the US does invade, chances are that they’ll lose like usual.

Daikokuco on March 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Does Romney understand energy?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Speaking as a member of the Canadian Nuclear Society (though not speaking for the Society) and having read his energy policy, the answer is undoubtedly YES!!!

All roads ultimately lead to nuclear energy. Solar and wind could never provide the amount of energy needed by modern technological civilization, and fossil fuels can only do it for a little while longer before they run out. Whether one believes in global warming or not, we need to start a serious effort to replace fossil fuels with nuclear power before the end of the century.

Nuclear power is currently held back by by bloated bureaucracy that is hostile to its own mission. Romney proposes increasing the staffing of the reactor design review division of the NRC so that more than one design at a time can be going through the certification process and to streamline and clear out the roadblocks and cobwebs at the NRC so that it doesn’t take 30 years to license just two frigging reactors (thank the democrats for that).

Romneys policy is perhaps the most pro nuclear since… well… almost anybody.

the alternatives to fossil fuels are very, very few that could promise the magnitude of energy required to meet our nation’s need. It is not as though plentiful alternatives exist, and one can be weighed against another …

The blunt fact is that there are the fossil fuels and there is nuclear.

Failure to recognize this, while focusing on options that do not and cannot have the magnitudes required, will inevitably lead to increasingly dangerous energy shortages. Who then will answer? Will the environmental activist, who blocks real options, and then puts forth options that cannot meet the need?
- Dr. Goerge Till, Associate Director, Argonne National Laboratory

Alberta_Patriot on March 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

What about you Bmore?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

*facepalm* I just realized that I read “Repeal Obamacare,” not “Repeal and Replace Obamacare.” That is VERY problematic. And people wonder why Conservatives haven’t taken to Romney?

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Daikokuco on March 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

LOL ahole……..

I hope your getting all lather’d up for the spring OWS offensive. Let me know where you will be so I can spit on you…..ok?

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

You know who sucks? Mark Twain, that’s who. Uh-huh!

hawkdriver on March 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I am borderline ABR, but that was not bad….Not great but not bad.

KCB on March 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

As far as the topic? Meh.

As far as the usual give and take between the pro and anti Romney factions? Heh.

JannyMae on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Alberta_Patriot on March 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thanks for the info.

My concerns are more with his enviro ideas and advisers. I think the record and the advisers of a candidate will give you an idea of who he is.

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

No, you are very problematic and predictable…. a campaign slogan is not policy! Only Obama supporters haven’t taken to Romney.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

JannyMae on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hey, JannyMae.

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Only Obama supporters haven’t taken to Romney.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Good grief. Do you really think that?

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM

INC on March 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Yes I do.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

*facepalm*. I’m back for one minute while I wait for my triple dose of Advil to kick in. I won’t be around tomorrow until later so I’m taking this opportunity to note what a freaking dolt Sharrukin is. I’m bolding my comment, not as a breach of blog etiquette but so even a nearly blind person can see what I said:

Me:

The exact Palin quote is, ta da……:

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The dolt (only to be cheered on by the confederacy of dunces) chirps in with:

FALSE

What she actually said…

sharrukin on March 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

No kidding! To prove me wrong, the idiot sharrukin uses the exact quote I used. Seriously, I can’t understand why some of you think blog commenting is an appropriate pastime when Romper Room is clearly the best place for you.

Tina Fey’s joke was. “I can see Russia from my house”. I specifically stated that I was not referring to Tina Fey’s version of what Palin said and I did not quote Tina Fey’s joke.

The fact is, Palin is strongly opposed to Obama’s missile policy, and this is a legitimate concern as Alaska’s proximity to Russia makes it vulnerable to a Russian (or Iranian?) missile strike which is why I brought it up.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM