Newt: I won’t exit the race until Mitt Romney hits 1,144

posted at 6:07 pm on March 26, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Newt Gingrich confirms with this statement what everybody already knew: His purpose in the race at this point is less to secure the nomination himself (or even to spearhead a movement, like Ron Paul) than to thwart Mitt Romney. Same ol’ story:

Gingrich told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he won’t get out of the race until former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (R) – who Gingrich described as “the weakest frontrunner in modern times” — secures the 1,144 delegates necessary to clinch the GOP nomination.

“I think the morning that he gets 1,144 that are locked down, then I think he can claim to be the nominee,” Gingrich said. …

“Obviously, if (Romney) becomes the nominee, I will support him. . . . If he doesn’t win the nomination, then it’s going to be wide open and then we’re going to have a conversation for those 60 days,” he said, referring to the length of time between the last nominating contest in June and the national convention in August.

Asked about Santorum’s viability in the race, Gingrich responded that “he doesn’t have a guaranteed lock any more than I do or Mitt Romney does.”

Is it even feasible to stop Romney anymore, though? The day after the Mississippi and Alabama primaries, The Examiner’s Tim Carney wrote an excellent piece that asked the question, “Can the non-Mitts improve by 17 percent?” According to the delegate math at that point, the non-Romneys had to win at least 55 percent of the remaining delegates to stop Romney from securing the nomination. As Carney pointed out, that might not sound like a lot, especially divided among three candidates — but it required them to perform better than they had up to that point. Up until March 14, the non-Romneys had won just 44 percent of the vote.

So, what has happened since then? Missouri began its caucus process — but we won’t know the exact results until June. Romney won Puerto Rico and Illinois. Rick Santorum won Louisiana. Not bad for the non-Mitts, eh? Actually, it is. Romney took 70 of 91 delegates, which means the non-Mitts took just 21 or about 23 percent of the available delegates. That’s a far cry from the 55 percent they need to capture to stop Mitt.

What whiplash I have from my own opinions about this race! One day, I want the challengers out so I can attempt to reconcile myself to Romney. The next day, like today, I sympathize with the challengers. As I wrote this morning, it is perplexing that we’ll mostly likely end this eventful primary season by selecting for ourselves a candidate who, as Rick Santorum says, is “uniquely disqualified” to hit Obama where it hurts — on Obamacare. Probably I feel that way today because, with the hearings on Capitol Hill, I’m reminded of the many weaknesses of Obamacare.

For all that I might be able to sympathize with Santorum and Gingrich on the substance of the race, the reality still is as it was: Mitt Romney will in all likelihood be the nominee.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ll take Romney over Mitch Daniels. HoosierCare isn’t much better than RomneyCare, and MItch seems smug. I don’t know why some conservatives think Daniels is the bees knees, he’s pretty moderate.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Any woman who tells you they don’t want a piece of Newt Gingrich is telling you white lies.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM

ALARMING???????????????? WTF.

Obama is selling our country’s safety and defense down to the Russians and the best our leading delegate candidate can say is ALARMING?????????????

karenhasfreedom on March 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Alarming, yes. Treasonous, absolutely.

katy the mean old lady on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Why not blame the voters who relect Obama? Can’t pin this on anybody but them, other than our nominee, Romney. You probably don’t want to go there though. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Newt is a jackass. In the political sense. He is just helping the Democrats.

crosspatch on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I’m sure the July 4,1776 version of hotair comments was full of armchair pundits griping about how the founding fathers had abandoned their principles and caved.

mike_NC9 on March 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM

No one remembers a quitter, to the end Newt. The fact that this could go all the way to the Convention is great. That means there will be less time for the RNC and our Candidate to screw up. Mr. Obama does quite well on his own, let him lead his own disaster.

DDay on March 26, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Hey guys, off topic, but found out last week that our client is defunding this project that I am on, and my company doesn’t have much work right now at other locations.

Send any job leads to me at mheath5136@knology.net ….. I’m a mechanical engineer with EIT and I can rock and roll in AutoCAD. Thanks.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:59 PM

States Rights is not about big government. Way back in the early part of the primaries many non Texans were all upset about Gardisil and paying in-state tuition. What Perry said and what many others said is that it was a state issue that did not affect the rest of the country. The federal government and its choke hold is a whole new ball game.

Texas is not big government at the state level. I think you have us confused with California or Wisconsin pre Scott Walker.

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Founding fathers screwed up a lot of stuff, I would have made the Constitution a lot better.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Even die hard old Japanese soldiers still fighting WWII on isolated Pacific islands think it is time Newt to pack it in.

jrgdds on March 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Newt is a jackass. In the political sense. He is just helping the Democrats.

crosspatch on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

All politicians are jackasses, if their not, then they wouldn’t be very successful. As far as helping the Democrats, I must be missing something.

DDay on March 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM

In my Constitution, I would have in there that the government at the federal or the state level cannot force an indviduual purchase x from y company.

I’d also have something in there that government has no right to be involved in healthcare and other industries it does not understand.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I’m lovin’ it. Let these RINOs eat each other.

MadisonConservative on March 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM

RINO is a dish best served cold.

SparkPlug on March 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

To be fair, there was no such thing as insurance and healthcare policies back in the day.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Time to end the conversation

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Newt is a jackass. In the political sense. He is just helping the Democrats.

crosspatch on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

How so? You’re buying RINO’s latest round of early excuses after they realized all too late that Romney was not the answer after all? And now cry on TV how others are responsible for eventual Romney’s loss?All too predictable, of course, we saw this show back in 2008, too bad some still believe this BS, grown ups at that. They forced the lying pretend moron on us, when he loses to Hussein in November it is nobody’s but their own fault. Too late to look for scape goats.

riddick on March 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Axion on March 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Who are the “real” conservatives?

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Time to end the conversation

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Ah come on! Where’s your sense of adventure?

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Newt is an old gasbag that is devoted only to his ego and to the post-speech cocktail parties on the campaign trail. He’ll stick around until the money runs out regardless of how many delegates Romney has.

lhuffman34 on March 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Regan said it took three legs of conservatism to win the General Election. He won both of his elections.

Let us test that.
Goldwater only had two legs missing the Social Conservative Leg. He Lost big time.
Ford, Dole and McCain were weak on all three legs though weaker on some than others.

GHW Bush (Senior) Was a strong Conservative on all three legs and won his first election. But the MSM and Democrats softened him over his first term such that he broke his famous “Read my lips no new taxes” pledge. He thus lost a leg and the election.

GW Bush was conservative as a Governor then as a Candidate both terms. He flirted with liberalism but repented and came back strong for second election. Soon after winning the election he became a total RINO. We lost many seats in 06 because of this. We lost more in 08 because of this it was an unmitigated disaster.

But Mitt supporters are trying to ignore all of this history. Just like the Democrats they seem to believe failed policies of the past will work in the future. They even use the tactics of lies and deceptions in their Mitt adds. They are playing here and are the most false ads I have ever seen. None of them say one positive thing about Mitt. Just vote for Mitt Santorum is the devil (in so many words).

Explain to me why the entire history of the Republican Party says Mitt has not a single chance of winning the general yet he will most likely be our nominee.

Is this race one that we can just blow off? I thought it very important am I wrong?

Steveangell on March 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM

It’s obvious Sarah had the hots for him.

Mr. Arkadin on March 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Dude, it happens to everyone eventually. It creeps up and you don’t realize what’s doing this to you.

You’ve got.to stop drinking coffee past lunchtime.

M240H on March 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I like Newt’s intelligence and would like to see it used in a productive way in DC. However, if BO is re-elected in November, I might just partially blame Newt.

Voter from WA State on March 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM

That’s nonsense. It will be the fault of the candidate not to get the message out and/or the fault of the LSM for, well, being the LSM, which in turn is our fault for not fighting back and letting them get away with it. Again.

All the successful candidate needs to do is parrot the following:

- are you better off than you were four years ago?
- do you like higher gas prices and food prices?
- do you have a job?

That should be all the person needs to say. To think that Gingrich has anything to do with that in October… well… are you getting the diversionary excuses ready in advance?

kim roy on March 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM

M240H on March 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM

What is it with the dude crap. How old are you! Is that what mittbot’s do in training, learn the word, dude!

Danielvito on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Time to end the conversation

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Ah come on! Where’s your sense of adventure?

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You must have nerves of steel. I don’t!

Some of his posts remind me of Glenn Beck’s book Arguing with Idiots.

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Hang in there, Newt! It’s not over until it’s over. Go Newt!

Kaffa on March 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Danielvito on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Dude, totally.

M240H on March 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM

You must have nerves of steel. I don’t!

Some of his posts remind me of Glenn Beck’s book Arguing with Idiots.

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I once finished a bowl of popcorn and most of a bottle of wine while following one of Dr. Tesla’s threads. Half the popcorn ended up on the floor I was laughing so hard. Let him go on; he’s a master.

Mr. Arkadin on March 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

LOL! No nerves of steel but a very odd sense of humor.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

LOL! That’s fine Newt. It isn’t as though you’re about to take any more delegates so your vanity run isn’t going to slow him down a bit. Stick around and pretend you matter.

MJBrutus on March 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Both Newt and Sen. Santorum should speak at the convention. Anything else would be insulting to a large contingent of the Republican party.

Yes-but only to each other.

LOL

gerrym51 on March 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM

If Romney is such a strong candidate why he needs other to drop to get the needed delegates, he is pathetic ,he is weak he is liberal and even if he was the only candidate he will still be struggling that is the fact , face it GOP and don’t rush in nominating a RINO and take the risk of giving Obama 4 more years.
Newt should stay in the race he is the one who is not cracking under pressure like Tina’s precious Santorum, no matter what bad photos of Newt you use .

evergreenland on March 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Dude, totally.

I’m so old I don’t even know how to use Dude properly in a sentence.

can it be, Dude can I have some of your Gray Poupon!

That kind of thing.

gerrym51 on March 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Romney should have been sincere from the get-go and say he never was that interested in political philosophy when he was govenor of Mass and he would go along with stuff that he now sees as bad policy.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

His having been a political science major at Stanford fits right into that.

GaltBlvnAtty on March 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Mr. Arkadin on March 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I guess you are right, but a master of what?
I commented several months ago that I would stay out of threads he runs ramshod over. Thanks for the humorous insight.

jazzuscounty on March 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Your a good man Newt. Keep keeping on. Romney will need your voice in the end, he just does not have the gravitas to do it on his own.

shar61 on March 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM

gerrym51 on March 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM

This is why the deal can’t be closed and the fight will continue.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Go Newt! Anyone but Santorum!

Syzygy on March 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

It’s pretty hard to look at the numbers and not conclude that Newt is going to be the nominee.

joncoltonis on March 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 6:29

Right, like the Obama administration is sitting around wondering who our nominee is going to be.

Rusty Allen on March 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

So it’s official Romney reached 1,144 delegates, and he’s the Republican nominee?

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Gingrich is a joke.

netster007x on March 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Dr Evil on March 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

gerrym51 on March 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Newt gets my vote

Dollayo on March 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

You all seem to forget that the only GOP candidate that has gotten under Obowma’s skin…

… and forced him to tap dance around and make a speech that made him look like the liar and fool he is regarding oil prices, was Newt.

I want Newt and his policies to grate the political elite ruling class like finger nails down a chalkboard…

Hang in there Newt…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on March 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Newt Gingrich: making Obama look reasonable.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Hang in there Newt !!

galtani on March 26, 2012 at 8:05 PM

“Obviously, if (Romney) becomes the nominee, I will support him. . . . If he doesn’t win the nomination, then it’s going to be wide open and then we’re going to have a conversation for those 60 days,” he said, referring to the length of time between the last nominating contest in June and the national convention in August.

Still running purely out of spite, nothing more. He’s not going to be part of that “conversation”…he’s running third in the delegate count and has only won 2 states.

Time to let it go, Newt.

changer1701 on March 26, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Gingrich told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he won’t get out of the race until former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (R) – who Gingrich described as “the weakest frontrunner in modern times” — secures the 1,144 delegates necessary to clinch the GOP nomination.

Whatever Lola Sarah wants, Lola Sarah gets.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Newt Gingrich is hardcore…

equanimous on March 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Newt Gingrich is in the race for one reason…to keep Santorum from winning!

Irenaeus on March 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Obligatory re-post of a comment I (and several others) have made over the past few weeks:

7 NOV 2012 HEADLINE:

ROMNEY DEFEATS OBAMA IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
..Newt vows to continue his campaign

The War Planner on March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Thanks for posting this link. I’ve made the same point here several times over the last few weeks. It’s such an obvious point I’m surprised more people haven’t supported it. Perhaps Tina might read it and acknowledge that there is another POV on the issue of who is best positioned to attack Obamacare. After he loses this issue, Santorum is out of bullets.

Why Santorum is wrong and Romney is exactly the right person to criticize Obamacare.

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, Mittbots, but until romneycare gets 1,144 delegates HE’S NOT THE NOMINEE! No candidate should bend over for romneycare, though he’s such a squish he’d probably like it!

Danielvito on March 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM

And same goes for Newt and Santorum – both of which have approximately zero percent chance at getting those delegates.

Swerve22 on March 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Not a closer to be found.

Bmore on March 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I’m not a Constitutional scholar but …

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I would have made the Constitution a lot better.

Dr. Tesla on March 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Shear genius, that.

Syzygy on March 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Yep, I have thought this for months now. People are crazy to think that the Mass. health care reform will be a burden to Romney in the general. If anything, it will be a benefit.

Unless they live in Mass., most voters aren’t going to care AT ALL about the specifics of health care reform in that state. As long as Romney can make the case against Obamacare (and, if needed, explain how it is different than what Mass. did), he is going to be in a good position. Luckily, Romney is a pro at doing both.

It’s funny reading some of these unstable commenters on here screeching about how Mass. health care reform means that Romney will be a socialist president. I don’t mean to be rude about it, but the fact that many of these commenters have admitted to voting for Santorum (?!) and believe Santorum could win in a general election should tell you all you need to know about their judgement.

bluegill on March 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Whatever Lola Sarah wants, Lola Sarah gets.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

You think Sarah Palin is factoring into Newt’s decision not to drop out?

bluegill on March 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

The Newtster: Come to think about it, this guy has been brazen and brash and bold from stem to stern of this political season. He started out over one year ago — March 11th, 2011 to be exact — by somehow getting a mailing list and sending out solicitations to folks asking them to pony up to help him finance his exploratory efforts. Such effrontery garnered a response from me (albeit futile) telling him to get his hand out of my pants.

The guy, even his MSM press-zaps and soundbites, is growing beyond tedious.

(WARNING! The above contains cheap blog-whoring links!)

The War Planner on March 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Dark Star on March 26, 2012 at 6:55

Why Santorum and Ed Morrissey have it exactly backwards and why Romney is best equipped to lead the fight against Obamacare

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Newt Gingrich: making Obama look reasonable.

dmann on March 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM

No, you have it backwards.
Newt Gingrich: Unafraid to expose the charlatan that Obama is and put him on the defensive.

onlineanalyst on March 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Newt’s staying in the race purely for historical reasons. And to underline Sarah Palin’s good judgement.

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Newt is 1000% right to stay in the race unless Romney pins down the necesary number of delegates to be nominated on the first ballot. Newt is the one who is making Obama react with respect to energy policy. Newt is the one with a command of the substantive issues. Newt is the one Romney and Santorum are refusing to debate because they could never beat Newt that way.

Those who say that Romney is the guy to take on ObamaCare are kidding themselves. RomneyCare provided the blueprint for ObamaCare, and Romney has never repudiated RomneyCare. Obama will be able to use RomneyCare to take the issue of ObamaCare away from the Republicans.

Those who say Romney is the most electable are also kidding themselves. What will defeat Obama is articulate conservatism, and the best in the race on that score is by far Newt. Romney is not a real conservative; his record as Masachusetts Governor is at best described as moderate to liberal: higher taxes and fees, more Government regulations, pro-abortion stance, Democrats appointed to the state judiciary, RomneyCare and skyrocketing health care costs. If Romney is nominated, you will see him shake the Etch-A-Sketch and go moderate. That is a losing strategy.

Those who argue that the GOP needs to go moderate in the general election to win are wrong. If that were true, Reagan would never have been elected.

If Republicans lose in November with Romney at the head of the ticket, then Romney, the Republican establishment and those in the media who have been Romney cheerleaders will be to blame and will have h-ll to pay, no one else.

Phil Byler on March 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Phil Byler on March 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

No it will be the fault of conservatives. The stories are already written.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Phil Byler on March 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

No it will be the fault of conservatives. The stories are already written.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

You and Phil better get to work.

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Basilsbest on March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

WOW
just
WOW.

Only a Democrat like Mitt can validly criticize Obama Care.

Mitt passed the same thing so he can say what he did was wrong.

Problem is Mitt has consistantly said Romney Care was great.

Thus it is totally hollow when he says Obama Care is not. It is the same program. If it is right in Mass it is right for the Nation. It is wrong every time it is tried.

Mitt has no credibility on anything period. Etch-A-Sketch does not inspire confidence.

Steveangell on March 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Phil Byler on March 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

You are so right and not just Regan but both Bushes won as Conservative with SR losing as Moderate. Every single stinking Moderate Republican in history has lost. Every stinking one. All were big losers.

But no the argument for a moderate that has never once will this time with the most liberal Moderate that has ever tried it Mitt Romney who even denied being a Republican when he ran for Governor just a technicality.

Steveangell on March 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

7 NOV 2012 HEADLINE:

ROMNEY DEFEATS OBAMA IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
..Newt vows to continue his campaign
The War Planner on March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Thanks for re-posting. I missed it the first time. Anyone who can say, “Any Ad Which Quotes What I Said On Sunday Is A Falsehood.” with a straight face is quite capable of such irrational behavior.

talkingpoints on March 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

ROMNEY LOSES IN LANDSLIDE

November 7, 2012
Obama gets the largest vote since Regan.

Romney insist that the vote was rigged and he actually won. He is asking Obama to step aside and let him take office.

Steveangell on March 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You think Sarah Palin is factoring into Newt’s decision not to drop out?

bluegill on March 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It was an opportunity for an irresistible joke. But the fact remains, Palin has been pushing Newt; Palin wants brokered convention. She’s not going to complain about his decision, that’s for sure.

Buy Danish on March 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

November 7, 2012

Obama gets the largest vote since Regan.

Who’s REGAN

lol

gerrym51 on March 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

On the other hand, 95% of voters think Newt’s already dropped out.

EddieC on March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

ROMNEY LOSES IN LANDSLIDE

November 7, 2012
Obama gets the largest vote since Regan.

Steveangell on March 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Let me fix that for you

November 7, 2012
Barely two months after Sarah Palin was made the nominee at a wildly contentious brokered GOP convention she loses all fifty states as well as Wasilla in the general election. Blames it on the lamestream media and crony capitalists who wouldn’t donate to SarahPac. In what was supposed to be a concession speech she waxed poetic about “Going Galt” and asking people to join the AIP with her and Todd.

Exit polls found a common theme “Vote for her?? LOL that girl is craaaazy!”

Bradky on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

All I can say is Go Newt!!

Bullhead on March 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Bradky on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

This gentleman appears to be a strong Sen. Santorum supporter. You ever so subtle whine is totally lost on him.

Cindy Munford on March 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Bradky on March 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Totally agree.

A candidate must actually run and get voters to vote for them to win the election. The convention choosing someone other than Mitt or Rick would be worse than either of those two for the party.

Though Sarah Palin could possibly win as she is conservative. Every conservative we have ever nominated has won the General. Every single one. Thus she could possibly win. But it would greatly damage the party.

Every centerist/moderate has lost. Every single one no exceptions even Goldwater that was very conservative on fiscal and military lost because he was moderate on social leg.

I guarantee Mitt will lose if nominated.

Steveangell on March 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Cindy Munford on March 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Ah Peggy 24/7 in your mind…
Get bored with ganging up on BD with your high school friends and childish insults?

Bradky on March 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Newt is a jackass. In the political sense. He is just helping the Democrats.

crosspatch on March 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Good on Newt, staying in until/if the nom is definitely decided by the delegate count. Too bad Gingrich, the most qualified candidate to beat Obama and right this sinking ship, was palinized by the Obama media and the republican establishment/Romney media.
The ultimate gift to the democrats is a Romney nomination; he doesn’t stand a chance with Romneycare/Obamacare hanging around his neck.

riddick on March 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

^^^This!

IndeCon on March 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I get a kick out of the morons who call Gingrich a jackass. Rino Romney (aka Obama-Lite) is your quintescential LIAR and 1%er. IF, however unfortunate, Willard (from the RAT movie of the same name), gets the nomination, he will have only achieved it by BUYING it and LYING, LYING, LYING, as proven in Florida and Iowa before that (see “What Really Happened to the Gingrich Ethics Case?” by Byron York, Townhall.com, 2/6/2012)!@?! As horrible and bad as Obastard is, Willard (from the RAT movie of the same name) will be nearly as bad. Nice goin’, STUPID Party!?!

Colatteral Damage on March 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM