Good news: Nancy Reagan character in new movie to be played by … Jane Fonda

posted at 10:05 pm on March 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via JWF, a late-evening palate cleanser from your resident eeyoreblogger to send you to bed in a bad mood. I was searching for a joke here but couldn’t think of a precise analog for Hanoi Jane. “Co-starring Rosie O’Donnell as Mamie Eisenhower”? That doesn’t work; hate Rosie all you want, but she never posed for pics sitting on enemy guns. “Co-starring Bill Ayers as the Gipper”? Nah, that’s actually not fair to Fonda. She may have posed for the pics but she never tried to blow anyone up. Ah well. This ingenious bit of stuntcasting makes me as excited to see the movie as any roundhouse kick to the groin possibly could. Well played, Lee Daniels.

I’m sure it’ll be a rich, fair, thoughtful portrayal. Can’t wait for the kuh-ray-zee seance scene.

In the midst of recruiting an all-star ensemble for his long-gestating passion project “The Butler,” director Lee Daniels has tapped Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan.

Based on a Washington Post report by Wil Haygood, pic follows Eugene Allen, the White House butler whose career started with Harry Truman in 1952 and ended in 1986 with Ronald Reagan…

Daniels, who is directing from a script he co-wrote with Danny Strong, is in the process of finalizing financing for the pic, which has no distributor onboard yet. Pamela Williams will produce through Laura Ziskin Prods. along with Hilary Shor.

How about Vanessa Redgrave as Nancy Reagan instead? Michael Moore as Dick Cheney? C’mon, there has to be an apposite analogy here. And no, they can’t go out and get Streep. Granted, she did okay with her first conservative-icon role, but I’m pretty sure she’s beyond their budget.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It fits. Neither of em has the brains to find their way out of a paper bag. Ron at his worst in alzheimer’s was smarter than Nancy ever was.

Dragoro on March 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

AP – were you even alive during Viet Nam?

You’ve insulted a lot of good folks merely by posting ANYTHING about this TRAITOROUS BIOTCH

Katfish on March 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

This is so funny. Hilarious, really.

fadetogray on March 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

ronval912 on March 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM

If anyone finds the anomaly that transported us to this alternate reality let me know. I really, really want to leave.

chemman on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Liam Neeson is considering converting to Islam. Shouldn’t he play Barack Obama. I didn’t mean to say that; I was merely thinking it.

bw222 on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

This sounds like it will be every bit as objective and true to life as “Game Change.”

bw222 on March 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

chemman on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Can I go with?

arnold ziffel on March 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

It’s actually a pretty good fit. Nancy is a liberal in sheep’s clothing.

Schadenfreude on March 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Box Office Bomb.

Not that anyone would want to see another leftist’s movie on Reagan, but by putting one of the most toxic actresses in Hollyweird in the role of Nancy, the director just guaranteed that this movie will have about as many viewers as Air America had listeners.

Muff cabbages, all (with apologies to Trey & Matt)…

But you forget, in 100+++ yrs hence future socialigist/historians will look at this movie as PROOF of the Great Progressive Victory of the early 21st Century. Just like they’ll look at the preponderance of “MLK BLVD’s” in every City and hick town as “proof” that MLK was greater than G. Washington or Lincoln as seen be every American. All the while FULLY failing to recognize the REAL reason for so many MLK BLVD’s: Declare one or be called racist! And so it will be with Ogabe.

RavingLunatic on March 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

It’s actually a pretty good fit. Nancy is a liberal in sheep’s clothing.

Schadenfreude on March 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Kind of like Barbara and lAURA bUSH?

bw222 on March 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Consider that the plot traces the butler’s career from 1952 thru 1986, I’m curious as to who plays characters earlier in the story.

Can we re-animate Alger Hiss and have him play Harry Truman? Castro could play Kennedy. Abbie Hoffman as LBJ? Bob Woodward as Nixon? And — though this is too obvious — Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford? (That is, in a serious dramatic role this time.)

Zombie on March 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Lee Daniels is a cheap-ass. Know it first hand from when he was doing the Woodsman.

birdhurd on March 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hollywood always has the last laugh. Oliver Stone got to produce completely fictionalized tales of the Kennedy and Nixon years, to suit his personal fantasies, and now the 5% of Gen44ers who are even aware that the universe existed prior to 2008 get most of their historical “information” from mendacious mockumentaries like these.

Zombie on March 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

….as if cheering on and supporting the communist enemy that was killing our Soldiers was not enough for Jane “God I wish I had slept with
Che” Fonda…..

…..This is what her and Ted use to do for kicks:

Fast forward to the way-past-her-prime Mrs. Ted Turner Jane Fonda days. Now try hard not to imagine a managa a trois which includes the mustached one. Now try even harder not to imagine that manage a trois featuring an ex-hippie/aging aerobics instructor with a man who believed he could single-handedly end the Cold War with a pathetic substitute for the Olympics–on video. NY Sun [Warning: before proceeding, please note you may need many years of therapy to get the following non-graphic images out of your head]:

“Prisoner of X,” Allan MacDonell’s account of his experiences as an editor at Hustler magazine, describes a purported video in which Fonda, Turner and an unidentified brunette have sex on camera.

MacDonell’s description is too graphic for a family newspaper. Suffice it to say that the purported Fonda is allegedly wearing artificial equipment to pleasure the alleged Turner while he services the brunette and asks the camera operator, “Are you getting this?”

(The racy content was corroborated yesterday by two former Hustler colleagues who say they screened the tape, former editor Mike McPadden and another ex-editor who asked for anonymity.)

……only a liberal could consider this woman some kind of social icon.

Baxter Greene on March 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

For decades conservatives have (rightfully) protested Hollywood’s extreme liberal bias.

But after all these years, why hasn’t the Right come up with a competitive alternative? Admittedly, Hollywood is an industry like any other, and there are significant barriers to entry. But it’s not like conservatives have no capital or resources, and it’s hard to imagine that skilled film editors, make-up artists, etc. couldn’t be bought off with higher salaries, whatever their politics. As for customer demand, there has to be a market for movies that normal, everyday people want to see. (I can understand why The Artist appeals to movie critics; but it is simply not an enjoyable movie for most people to sit through.)

As for stars, how many of today’s elite stars are unusually talented? Johnny Depp, perhaps, but Clooney, Penn, Hanks et al are not at all unique — they’re basically brands like Heinz beans that moviegoers know and feel comfortable with. Surely with the proper promotion and enough capital, meaningful competition could be established.

bobs1196 on March 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Katfish

Have you yet seen F.T.A.?

If not, and if you want to die of a heart attack induced by apoplectic rage, do rent it.

A few years ago, it was still a “lost film,” and according to rumor the only known extant print belonged to Country Joe McDonald. I actually contacted him, asking if he would be willing to show, or allow be copied, the film. But he did not reply. Luckily, somehow, somewhere, another copy was unearthed, and once the Obama Revolution had arrived, they felt comfortable releasing it on DVD a couple years ago, allowing it to be seen for the first time in 40 years.

It really is as mortifying as the rumors say — beyond infuriating. You will literally want to strangle everyone on screen.

Zombie on March 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Guaranteed Oscar.

danking70 on March 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I’m laying odds she gets struck by lightning at some point during filming.

ButterflyDragon on March 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM

this is one way that the left rewrites history.

ted c on March 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I think a mockumentary about Jane Fonda would make much more money at the box office.

kh6zv9 on March 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Mellow Hanoi Jane

Well, she has been behaving.

I half expected her to be over there defending the Somali pirates. They aren’t half as bad as her old “heroes”.

After all, they are just murdering, sadistic thugs and not the agents of powers who were planning to overthrow or vaporize us.

IlikedAUH2O on March 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Hey Hanoi Jane
Too many people are still alive that remember you sitting on the AA guns in Hanoi and your little diatribes about how all the POW’s were well fed and crap
Jane, you will rot in hell and it will last forever
In your case several forevers as you will have to do time on a few different circles of hell
SINCERELY
Tom_Ohio

dazed_in_oh on March 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

f- her

Durka-Durka on March 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Pause and Remember:

The Vietnam Veterans Jane Fonda Vietnam Memorial.

jrgdds on March 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Absolutely sickening! Hanoi Jane isn’t worthy to kiss the ground Nancy Reagan has walked on. Jane Fonda belongs one of two places: in an oubliette, or locked in a pillory and surrounded by Vietnam Vets.

Benedict Nelson on March 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

f- her

Durka-Durka on March 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

No thanks! I’d rather not catch anything!

Benedict Nelson on March 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I just don’t even know what to say.

I certainly will never watch this movie, that’s for sure.

But somehow, that just doesn’t seem good enough.

KMC1 on March 27, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I can’t believe you didn’t mention Danny Strong was the writer for Recount and Game Change; though I’m prone to believe you didn’t recognize it.

Danny Strong: Recount & Game Change

John Kettlewell on March 27, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Hanoi Jane, may she never know peace of mind, may she regret her treason till her dying day, may she suffer the nightmares and know the same suffering she has caused..

She was a traitor, a criminal, and an unrepentant piece work..

My uncle served nearly three tours in Vietnam, coming home wounded during the second hald of his third tour,.. he was sitting on top of the turrt of his M-48 tank, when an RPG hulled it. His three man crew, men he had trained himself in basic training were still inside.. he was blown clear, and after pulling himself out of a rice paddy crawled up the side of his smoking tank with the firefight still going on around him, he reached inside to grab his gunner and pull him clear, but when he thrust his hand inside the dark smoke filled turret, he pushed his hand inside the ripped open chest cavity of his gunner and friend. Decapitated,.. torn apart,..

he was pulled off by other GI’s and med evaced to a MASH unit, then later to Tokyo,.. later flown home on a hospital flight.

His name was Alonzo Gatten, and he died four years ago, his organs gave up the fight after a long bout with cancer and liver disease..

He was a US Army veteran, a hero, a patriot, and he never came all the way home after Vietnam.. he’s finally at home now,.. finally at peace, finally free of the nightmares and guilt for having lived when so many did not.. he was a good and decent man.. and that liar b*tch called him a war criminal, a babykiller.. he was spit on at airports, and screamed at by protestors.. he served this country with 150% of everything he had to give.. his life after Vietnam, was working for the VA and serving his fellow veterans as a maintenance man at a VA hospital..

I miss that man, so much..

and that hateful b*tch is still rich stupid and lying about her role as an NVA mouthpiece, a traitor to her country, and apologist for torturers and murderers..

Hate her?

Yes, may God forgive me I do, the only human I do hate, not for her communist serving ways,.. but because her betrayal was so vast, and so hurtful to American warriors, she deserves contempt for her actions, and infamy in coming generations. May God forgive her should she repent, because I do not have it in me to forgive her..

the betrayal was too great,.. I was 12 when Uncle Al came home,.. and after a dozen beers, sat me down and told me the details of his Purple Heart, and why he couldn’t sleep… he never mentioned it again, never drank that much around me, never in my life later, did that haunted look ever leave his eyes..

I grew, and volunteered, because of him… I was proud to serve, as I’m so proud of those who serve now.. but he was my example of service, my mentor .. the only man besides my father that I had that much respect for.. and now he is dead, and that .. thing… is still walking around…

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM

With this and Spielberg’s “Lincoln was really a progressive north-easterner (and you know what that means) movie….baby boom lefties are going all out to rewrite history while they still can.

American Elephant on March 27, 2012 at 4:50 AM

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Your uncle walks in the company of saints and angels and his reward will be eternal. Be assured that the vile, traitorous Fonda will also receive her eternal “reward” as I expect no contrition from her.

swinia sutki on March 27, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Kind of like Barbara and lAURA bUSH?

bw222 on March 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM

what???? surely you jest…. How can you call them liberals?????? That’s nuts…so, surely you jest.

chai on March 27, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Actually, the prime actor, destined for a duel Oscar awards,is none other than the president himself, for his duel roles of Abraham Lincoln and the messiah. They haven’t filmed the crucifixion scene yet, (they’ll use a stand in) but the memorable scene where he majestically raises his nine-iron and holds back the rising Red Sea waters so that the contraceptive chariot could break through and save the community, was in the words of one critic, “absolutely DeMillish”

Don L on March 27, 2012 at 6:13 AM

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Truly, my most sincere condolences to you and to your family. I feel for you.

And now, in my sadness, I too feel compelled…

My Uncle, US Army Sgt. Gary “Steve” Steven R., my father’s baby brother of 5 siblings, passed away 7 years ago from several different types of cancer due to his exposure to Agent Orange (and I’m sure other substances we’re not aware of). It didn’t crop up and make itself known until many years after Uncle Steve was discharged and returned home with three Purple Hearts at the conclusion of his 2nd tour in ‘Nam and after his 3rd combat hospitalization for injuries. The entire subsequent 15-yrs that he fought tooth & nail until he finally succumbed to the cancers were grueling.

He was Special Forces Recon and generally assigned artillery scouting missions and ambush missions. He was the squad Sergeant of a team of 3 men, himself included. He did a lot of behind enemy lines Recon and other spec-ops as well as other combat duties. He encountered some very heavy duty kill-or-be-killed situations while behind the lines. Some of his missions included having to make silent kills in order to complete their objective(s). It was the sort of work that was all over the map whenever opportunities, and intel, presented themselves.

Uncle Steve never talked about ‘Nam, to anyone I knew of, except for my Dad, their other brother Jim, and his wife, Jane. He never talked about it with his father or mother, my grandparents, before they passed. I have unserstood that was becuase they couldn’t bear to hear it and were just so grateful to have him home alive.

Uncle Steve only talked about it with the brothers but just a handful of times in his efforts to ‘open up’ a little as he wrestled, physically and mentally, with his host of demons that came home with him. I remember one summer afternoon in my parents backyard when Uncle Steve and the brothers were sitting at the patio table as they talked. The women folk made sure their drinks stayed cold and flowing, and that us kids stayed well away eventually taking us to the park for half the day. After we came home, I caught my Dad standing in the garage, crying, with my Uncle Steve. My Uncle Jim had left already.

I had watched Vietnam unfold in our family living-room on black & white TV for a little over a year or so until Uncle Steve got drafted, trained, and shipped off to Vietnam for his first full tour… and a subsequent re-up that created quite an abundance of flack within the family. I was in elementary school. That’s when we started watching the remainder of the first television war brought to us in living color on NBC and CBS. Dad went out and spent a small fortune on a color television as soon as Uncle Steve shipped out. We watched day and night whenever coverage was on hoping for a glimpse of Uncle Steve for two years. And Walter Cronkite looked a might bit older on a color TV. And now Uncle Steve was back and seeing them crying in the garage put a pit in my stomach.

Fast forward to some several years later and my Uncle Steve is starting to develop little blotchy ‘skin rashes’ that were just assumed to be some routine skin condition at first and for which he is prescribed some steroid cream, and I am an older young man in high school. One day, just out of the blue, my Uncle Steve caught me at a family gathering and took me aside. We left in his truck after we shot the shineola for a few because he wanted to make sure we weren’t interrupted. We ended up at the top of Signal Hill (in Long Beach, CA if you’re familiar). We parked and he started talking. I said very little and mostly just listened. Uncle Steve had never taken me aside and out of the family perimeter just to talk before and I was riveted by what he, again just out of the blue, started telling me. By the time we were done talking, I then understood many things I had seen and heard in my youth, and why he and the rest of the family was always bad mouthing the daughter of Henry Fonda.

He spared me the gory details, but he made his Vietnam experiences very clear to me. He also made some of the politics and how it affected him and so many other troopers a bit more clear too. I think he was trying to explain and apologize for some of his behavior when he first returned home. He spoke of the return home and the cold reception he and many others got when they stepped off their flights in uniform. He spoke of people like Walter Cronkite, who at first was just a journalist doing his job and how he later turned into a bad mouther of the war on live television and ‘stirred the pot’. He spoke of certain politicians and celebrities who were vilifying the troops, young men ripped from their lives and conscripted by the government of the USA to fight for ‘freedom’ in a country on the other side of the planet. He also spoke of Hanoi Jane. He spoke of how she and her visit to North Vietnam had single-handedly caused many people he served with in the jungle to ‘crack up’, meaning, lose their minds. How the dissemination of her acts of treason and treachery on film, photo, and cassette tapes caused guys he was fighting side-by-side with in that sweltering jungle to want to just give up and quit — to kill their ranking officers and non-comm’s just so they could get the f**k out of there and go home. He lamented about her more than any other specific person.

We talked for hours until the sun went down. He ended our talk by trying to convince me to not join the military after I graduated high school even though it was mostly peacetime as we spoke. Things were heating up in the Middle-East though. I joined up anyways. The Iranian Hostage Crisis would begin a few years later. I would never see any wartime violence during my enlistment. At times throughout his talk he assured me that he was ‘okay’, that it was tough but he was tougher, and sure enough my Uncle Steve, right up until the moment he stopped breathing while we were all there with him as he passed, lived the rest of his life raising his own babies, building a house, and living what was left of his life honorably, with compassion for others, and deeply devoted to his family.

In our family, the children kept their eyes and ears open and their mouths closed — generally speaking. We had a very loving family but we were not allowed to ‘pry’. Especially when it came to questions about Uncle Steve and other related topics for adult discussion. Actually, it was an act of love that forbade our inquiring little minds to ask about Vietnam, Uncle Steve’s roll in it, and the political aspects of it all. Our parents didn’t want us jaded and calloused before our time. They wanted us to be children. So we were. We remained merrily clueless until we got older and privy to more info and other pieces of the puzzle fell together. I wasn’t the only nephew to get the ‘talk’ either. But I was oldest, so I was first, and I got the long detailed version.

I loved my Uncle Steve like he was my brother. My big brother. Growing up we had good times together, a lot of fun, he was the first adult who ever took me fishing. He was only 10 years or so older than I was. I miss him terribly. I hated seeing him suffer for so long as he fought to live. I’ll never forget what he looked like when he died. Once a tall, strapping, lean and healthy young man — he died far too young and looked like he was 100 years old.

I, for one, will never forgive Hanoi Jane Fonda. No one ever should. I, for one, will also never forgive those who enabled her and turned a blind eye after she returned stateside. If her father hadn’t been Henry Fonda, one of America’s biggest and best loved actors of his generation, she would have been toast. In fact, she never would have been in North Vietnam to begin with. In very much the same way as a “Senator’s son”, she too was most definitely a ‘fortunate son’. But that mattered not to her. She was one of the very things she railed against in front of every camera lens and microphone she could find — when she wasn’t cursing, damning, and railing against our young men fighting for their lives in Vietnam in front of every camera lens and microphone she could find.

FlatFoot on March 27, 2012 at 6:14 AM

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Beautifully, perfectly said and a tribute to your uncle.

vityas on March 27, 2012 at 6:16 AM

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM

It’s so meaningless -the word traitor -until you put words to it.
Thanks for reminding us what it truely means to be person of dignity and worth, as opposed to a cold-hearted calculating leftist.

Don L on March 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Hollywood is sick, just plain sick.

petefrt on March 27, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Jane learned early on that if one has the right family and is a vocal liberal they can make it far in Hollywood despite a complete inabililty to act.

tommyboy on March 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

“Co-starring Bill Ayers as the Gipper”?

Co-starring little Ronnie Reagan as himself.

petefrt on March 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Awesome.

Straight to DVD as others have said.

CorporatePiggy on March 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Darn, this means I have to wait yet another year for that Juanita Broaddrick bio that I just know Hollywood trash is eager to make.

MNHawk on March 27, 2012 at 7:16 AM

cripe….what a bunch of idiots

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Move over Ishtar, there is a new kid in town.

mustng66 on March 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Traitor, federal prison for this commie

scboy on March 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Casting heartache.

KeninCT on March 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM

mustng66 on March 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM

cmsinaz on March 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Wow. They could not have made a more terrible choice. I won’t ever be seeing this movie.

NotCoach on March 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

FlatFoot on March 27, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Thanks for that, I can recall Uncle Alzono telling me of having to roll through areas after an agent orange dump, where the area was saturated, it was literally dripping off the foliage,.. and the men were covered in it, soaked through. He recounted that though the standing rule was to never spray it in areas where our troops were deployed, that often men would recount having the planes dump it straight over them.. they couldn’t avoid it even though they did try to stay away from it… Folks weren’t terrified of defoliants then like they are now, but when they saw the day after it was sprayed and every living plant just withered and died,.. yeah, they were terribly uneasy about exposure to it.

I can recall the amazement that Hanoi Jane didn’t get tried in a court of law as Tokyo Rose did, it was only because of her father, and that no one wanted to crush him that she was spared that.. and rather than be humble about the tolerance she received for her treason.. she whined about those rightwingers.. never making the mental connection, it was all Vietnam vets she betrayed, not just the republican ones.. something her reptilian mind never processed.

She betrayed America’s boy soldier, it career warriors, it’s field nurses, it’s Peace Corp volunteers (who also were killed there by the VC for the intimidation of the local people).. she betrayed all Americans who served regardless of their feelings or politics.. she was the enemy’s b*tch, and she reveled in it.

The nightly body count was a feature of my youth,.. so many men lost, I remember the Carrier fire on board the USS Forrestal, the loss of the USS Scorpion with all hands.. Those were days of loss.. and the greater the screaming and foulness of the left in protest, the greater the resolve I had to enlist.. the Soviets weren’t our “betters” or or masters” as many on the hardcore left tried to make us believe.. an alien ideology that was a slaves natural state..

not a free mans..

so I enlisted, and mentally prepared to fight the last fight.. If the Soviets and their b*tches wanted us as cattel that badly, they would eat snakes to see it happen.. many of us in the days after Vietnam felt that way.

Mr. Reagan was right about a whole lot,.. the hollowness of the Soviet Empire most of all…

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM

hate Rosie all you want, but she never posed for pics sitting on enemy guns.

True enough. Rosie’s hate-worthy because she is strident that everybody needs to agree with her. It is small wonder that her second foray into talk shows failed even quicker than her first. Nobody likes a host that lectures.

As to her acting ability, the fat cow needs to explain “Pleasure Island” as a career choice before she ever gets another role.

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Fondo is a slimy traitor and to even associate her with Reagan makes one want to puke.

rplat on March 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

chemman on March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Losing the 2008 presidential election to Obama is the closest you’re going to find to an immediate cause. It emboldened the Leftists. But the Leftists have been growing in influence for decades. Combine that with a Republican party that won’t fight for conservative principles, and an electorate that expects the government to continue to do more, and a disaster is inevitable. If Reagan hadn’t been elected in the 80′s, we’d have been there in the 90′s. That’s why it’s so important to the Left to slam him and those closest to him, like Nancy Reagan. Without that memory, there’s no hope for an American recovery.

Gladtobehere on March 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Very telling: our conservative women icons being defined by hollywood actresses – Meryl Streep is now Margaret Thatcher and defining who she is, Julianne Moore and Tina Fey have Sarah Palin, so what could be more insulting than this? No wonder the conservative/Tea Party movements are getting neutered. And with the current presidential election and the way it’s trending, conservatives are going to go through a long, dark period in the coming years unless things change fast. Heck, for International Women’s Day Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama are the role models being held up for young women. I couldn’t find a conservative role model anywhere! We are losing the culture war and politically we are being defined by Hollywood and democrats. It’s depressing.

mozalf on March 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Co-starring little Ronnie Reagan as himself.

petefrt on March 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM

you one of those are you?..

Americans judged Reagan as the second greatest president of the 20th century in 2010′s Gallop pol, ahead of FDR and second only to the martyred JFK…

That would put you way down on the list of leftist bitter clingers hanging onto their communist manifesto’s and molatov cocktails..

must suck to be that alone.

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

We should make a movie about Bill Clinton. We could cast Tom Arnold as Hillary and Chewbacca as Bill.

jeffn21 on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Wow this is how far to the bottom Jane Fonda has fallen….I don’t see a bounce in it for her. This just makes me yawn. This will be like the rest of Hollywood hatchet jobs. Lee Daniels? Tom Hanks passed on the Butler?/ LOL!

Dr Evil on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I actually briefly met and talked to Jane Fonda. Based on that brief meeting, I have a very different and worse impression of Jane Fonda than those here who point out here treasonous acts.

What I saw was a vast nothingness. Her most passionately spoken words were almost immediately contradicted by equally passionate, but virtually completely contradictory statements.

Again, my impressions were formed in about a half hour of observation and conversation. I can understand naming an outhouse or latrine after a traitor. Jane Fonda has had numerous named after her. Personally, I think that is more honor than she deserves.

Linh_My on March 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Jane Fonda is on my list of most despised characters in history. She is directly responsible for unimagined human suffering by US servicemen returning from war, and when she called our POW’s liars, I swore she’d never benefit from my money. I have not watched one movie, old or new, made by this woman. If her face appears on a show, I change the channels regardless of what else is on the show. I’ve never even watched Ted Turner’s network because Hanoi Jane could possibly benefit.

That this genuine pig’s rump would portray a woman she has vilified is sickening. I do hope her entire career as an enemy of the United States is brought up and a generation who has no idea of the evil this woman did gets to know her as well as my generation remembers. I seriously would not want to be her on judgment day.

Portia46 on March 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Well, this should make Hanoi Jane’s fellow liberals, Patti and Ron Jr. very happy – they hate their mother and America almost as much as she does.

Pork-Chop on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

jeffn21 on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

With Rosie O’Donnell playing Monica Lewinsky–cigar included.

Back to “The Butler”–can we let Jimmy Carter play himself? That would give us a good laugh…

Steve Z on March 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I won’t pay to see this in a theater. I won’t rent the video or view it on pay per view. I won’t even take it out at the library.

Someone who actually knew Mrs. R. needs to go all Lloyd Benstsen on her:

I knew Nancy Reagan. Nancy was a friend of mine. Ms. Fonda, you’re no Nancy Reagan.

EconomicNeocon on March 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

First, thanks for your service, and your earlier post.

Second, I think petefrt was referring to Ron Jr., who doesn’t deserve the family name.

Pork-Chop’s comment at 10:06am alludes to this as well:

Pork-Chop on March 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Wanderlust on March 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

RavingLunatic on March 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Agreed, which is why we must all be BREITBART and carry on his work in this area.

Wanderlust on March 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I wouldn’t piss on Jane Fonda if she were on fire. Now that can of gasoline I got in the shed…

Yakko77 on March 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Won’t watch it.

Amazingoly on March 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

There’s a sort of perverse perfection about it….

PersonFromPorlock on March 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Just more proof Hollywood is run by communists.

She should have been executed for treason years ago.

Texyank on March 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

It’s rumored Streep will be playing Hillary in an upcoming project, so I’m sure that will be as well portrayed as Margaret Thatcher :D

DeniseVB on March 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Aside from the fact that she is a turd in the mouth to conservatives, Jane Fonda, who is 75, is going to play Nancy Reagan during her WH years, when she was 59-67.

This is a bit extreme even for Hollywood.

disa on March 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

EconomicNeocon on March 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

How about stealing it and then setting it on fire in the parking lot. Would you be up for that? :-)

Oldnuke on March 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM

DeniseVB on March 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Is Ron Jeremy being considered to play Bill?

Oldnuke on March 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

This Director Lee should have his Liberal ass kicked! What a disgrace to have this traitorous Bitch portraying a great American like Nancy Reagan! I hope it dies at the box office and it should because libtards don’t spend money unless it belongs to someone else!!

Jersey Dan on March 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

And people wonder why Hollywood can’t turn out a decent movie? Next thing you know, the Hollywood elite will be asking for a bailout from the government…

Think it won’t happen?

Turtle317 on March 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Totally idiotic! The only people who will watch are committed lefties, and they are few in number.

Whoever made this decision is just plain stupid.

californiacitizen on March 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This is really disgusting. One of the chief reasons is that Nancy Reagan was so involved with Vietnam vets. See this paragraph from an online bio:

Shortly after her husband became Governor of California in 1967, Mrs. Reagan began visiting wounded Vietnam veterans and became active in projects concerning POWs and servicemen missing in action. During the war, she wrote a syndicated column, donating her salary to the National League of Families of American Prisoners and Missing in Action in Southeast Asia.

I think it was Michael Deaver’s book that recounted the story of a quiet, informal dinner Nancy Reagan had in the 1960s for young Vietnam vets and their wives. She and Ronnie hosted it, and they didn’t give it any press at all. They just wanted to thank the vets and chat with them. It was not a unique event, but one in a pattern of Nancy’s special care for Vietnam veterans.

If you can find the story, see if you can get through it with a dry eye. Nancy Reagan didn’t just really care about Vietnam vets — she really cared about Vietnam vets.

Having Jane Fonda play her is a travesty.

J.E. Dyer on March 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

It could be worse. Condi Rice could be playing Nancy Reagan.

“We in America know the benevolence that is at the heart of Islam.” (Secretary of State Condoleeza “Clueless Condi” Rice, 2005, at the U.S. State Department’s annual Ramadan dinner).

RasThavas on March 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

bobs1196 on March 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I am so glad you typed this.

I kept scratching my head and pondering the same thing with all the complaints about GAME CHANGE.

Why can’t conservative types make a movie about the John Kerry campaign? Goodness they could have a real ball with Edwards and they wouldn’t even have to fictionalize it.

And your point about Hollywood types….for the right amount of money you could find actors. There’s a way.

Instead they suck their thumbs and whine yet there’s no law that movies can be made by both sides of the idealogical spectrum.

patfish on March 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Co-starring little Ronnie Reagan as himself.

petefrt on March 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM

you one of those are you?..

must suck to be that alone.

mark81150 on March 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Not to be a backseat blogger but, I think Pete was referring to his weasly backstabbing son ron reagan jr. (no CAPS intentional, that libturd loser doesn’t deserve that much respect.) It’s true the apple sure falls far from the tree sometimes.

cableguy615 on March 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM