Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on March 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Atheists, non-theists, secularists and others who say they believe in reason, not God, gathered Saturday on the Mall for the first Reason Rally, where they pledged to stand up for their beliefs in a society that they say sometimes views them with skepticism and distrust…

“Organizers said the aim of the rally was twofold: to unite individuals with similar beliefs and to show the American public that the number of people who don’t believe in God is large and growing.

“‘We have the numbers to be taken seriously,’ said Paul Fidalgo, spokesman for the Center for Inquiry, which promotes scientific method and reasoning and was one of the organizations sponsoring the rally. ‘We’re not just a tiny fringe group.’

“According to the American Religious Identification Survey in 2008, the number of people who claim no specific religious belief was 34 million, 15 percent of the U.S. adult population.”

***

“Many people do not understand that it is possible to lead a meaningful, happy life as a heathen, but we maintain that it is and can point to any number of atheist philosophers and thinkers who have explained why this is so. But such meaning and contentment does not inevitably follow from becoming a heathen. Ours is a universe without guarantees of redemption or salvation and sometimes people have terrible lives or do terrible things and thrive. On such occasions, we have no consolation. That is the dark side of accepting the truth, and we are prepared to acknowledge it. We are heathens because we value living in the truth. But that does not mean that we pretend that always makes life easy or us happy. If the evidence were to show that religious people are happier and healthier than us, we would not see that as any reason to give up our convictions…

“We believe in not being tone-deaf to religion and to understand it in the most charitable way possible. So we support religions when they work to promote values we share, including those of social justice and compassion. We are respectful and sympathetic to the religious when they arrive at their different conclusions on the basis of the same commitment to sincere, rational, undogmatic inquiry as us, without in any way denying that we believe them to be false and misguided. We are also sympathetic to religion when its effects are more benign than malign. We appreciate that commitment to truth is but one value and that a commitment to compassion and kindness to others is also of supreme importance. We are not prepared to insist that it is indubitably better to live guided by such values allied with false beliefs than it is to live without such values but also without false belief.

“Our willingness to accept what is good in religion is balanced by an equally honest commitment to be critical of it when necessary. We object when religion invokes mystery to avoid difficult questions or to obfuscate when clarity is needed. We do not like the way in which “people of faith” tend to huddle together in an unprincipled coalition of self-interest, even when that means liberals getting into bed with homophobes and misogynists. We think it is disingenuous for religious people to talk about the reasonableness of their beliefs and the importance of values and practice, while drawing a veil over their embrace of superstitious beliefs. In these and other areas, we assert the right and need to make civil but acute criticisms.”

***

“That was a step further than Craig Lowery, a Dawkins fan, said he’s willing to go. Lowery, of Washington, D.C., applauded but admitted he’s not a confrontational atheist, saying:

“‘I might make fun of them in my head but I wouldn’t say it. Most people, religious or otherwise, are good people.’”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via the Daily Caller. Content warning.

***

Via Reason TV.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 8

Is it atheism or communism? Is there a difference?

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM

It’s both, communist rulers despise religion as they don’t want their people to believe in anything but the state! Religion gives people hope and faith to overcome oppression from the likes of communism and its tyrannical despots, all one has to do is look at the history of communism and how religion is one if its first victims!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Evolution is a theory

lisa fox on March 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

listens2glenn on March 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM

LoLz..Keep the idea handy..I’m sure there will be another rally..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I’ll be back shortly. I got to go get a piece of my wife’s birthday cake. She turned 31 today. Collie, hold down the fort, K?

CyberCipher on March 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM

If no korans were burned, then they’re pussies.

RayinVA on March 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM

At least, that’s been my experience…

ExpressoBold on March 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Good one. :)

arnold ziffel on March 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM

How many of these brave soldiers went home and ridiculed their parents/grandparents/siblings/friends at his urging?

Dawkins must be a very lonely man.

I have zero issues with atheists. I have lots of issues with atheists like him.

tdpwells on March 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Has anyone already put out a commercially mass-produced T-shirt with the message “I swear to God I’m an Athiest” printed on it?

I’m thinking those would have sold “like hotcakes” at that rally, today.
Damn . . . . . . why didn’t I think of that sooner? . . .

listens2glenn on March 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM

A guy I work with is an atheist. And I’m amused at the number times I’ve heard him say, when something goes wrong, “Oh Heavens!” or “Good Lord!” I don’t call him on it, since it’s a work environment, but it is tough not to do so.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

“Then Dawkins got to the part where he calls on the crowd not only to challenge religious people but to ‘ridicule and show contempt’ for their doctrines and sacraments, including the Eucharist, which Catholics believe becomes the body of Christ during Mass.”

My, my, my! How reasoned that statement is.

SouthernGent on March 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

They have no faith to help put their minds at ease.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Also the low self-esteem and vague sense of irritation that comes from not getting something that so many other people around seem to see so clearly. Atheists think so little of themselves that their brains simply reject the notion that they could have been created intentionally by anyone. To them, their existence is just at best a cruel joke played on them by the universe and at best a simple accident of evolution. I’d be pissed off if I felt that way, too, I guess. The same goes for liberals.

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Why are these fools so in fear of God? What philosophies guide and drive their value systems? It appears to me that they are a frightened gaggle of nomads attempting to find solace in their Godless, hopeless existence.

rplat on March 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM

One day their bodies will cease to function, their breath stilled…..

…….what will be their oxygen on the other side?

PappyD61 on March 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM

HEY SAUERKRAUT’, where are you?
We need a representative from the other side.

listens2glenn on March 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM

“We have love for everyone, even you, jack ass”

Do I even have to say it?

DethMetalCookieMonst on March 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Evolution is a theory

lisa fox on March 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Correct.

It is not a law, like with the laws of thermodynamics.

And as there is a lot of evidence for unexplained phenomena in the sky, we can also say that they exist: UFOs have a basis in reality.

After that, all bets are off.

ajacksonian on March 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

So much irony in those videos. Particularly the clip with the woman and the “penis” sign.

DethMetalCookieMonst on March 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Why are they so angry?

idesign on March 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM

They have no faith to help put their minds at ease.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I’m thinking it might be because people who believe in God believe that people who don’t believe in God are going to hell, and atheists are afraid people who believe in God might be right.

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

rplat on March 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM

They aren’t afraid of God, they are prideful and are doing what is right in their own eyes.

God’s justice involves them getting what they asked for. I don’t want to call that ironic.

tom daschle concerned on March 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

If they formed a church, what would they put at the top of the Steeple?

idesign on March 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

What I gathered from those vidoes is that atheists believe that someone can only be a free thinker if he or she believes what they believe.

DethMetalCookieMonst on March 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Submitted from Allahpundit’s iPad…

On location at the National Mall.

classicaliberal on March 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

That is the only belief these fools can spread, and it is toxic beyond all others.

ajacksonian on March 25, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I remember it caught on like wildfire in Germany pre WWII. A Hitler youth who lived through the NAZIS atrocities has warned us. From my memory when he did, Dawkins threw a fit like a little girl having a tantrum.

It’s not as if we don’t know what happens when God is removed, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Castro…..

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

…….and don’t believe for a second that people that say they don’t believe in God don’t have one of their own they have created.

Their God might be higher education, it might be wealth, it might be pride, it might be even be Atheism, or a multitude of things but rest assured they are bowing down to a god.

We should all cross protest on a close street corner with signs that read……..”Atheism is your God”.

BWHWHWHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

PappyD61 on March 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Wow, Allah has a hot date tonight!`

carbon_footprint on March 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

That pix is Allah

Wade on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

……….no offense Allahpundit, we know Tim Tebow is yours. :-)

PappyD61 on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

If they formed a church, what would they put at the top of the Steeple?

idesign on March 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Well, since they’re usually so classy, I’m guessing this….

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

listens2glenn on March 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM

predator on March 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

And they regularly use the name of ‘Jesus’, but in a different context.

listens2glenn on March 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I think that applies to the guy I work with who I mentioned in an above post. He’s very pessimistic; has no sense of being or purpose; treats this life as though it’s his only one. He acts as though he’s just here to fill some space and time then be forever gone.

My outlook on life seems to frustrate and befuddle him.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Re comment of tdpwells at 8:57

I couldn’t agree more. Whats scary is that you kind of suspect Dawkins believes in religious liberty, intellectual freedom and civility for all, about as much as he believes in God.

ansonia on March 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Evolution is a theory

lisa fox on March 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Has it evolved ?
Didn’t even think it qualified up to a ‘theory’….. Y/N ??

pambi on March 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I really don’t understand atheists. You don’t believe in anything,so what. Why spend energy on those that do.
Nothing better to do? Just strange to me.
Many atheists don’t seem to care…just another activist group.
My best friend is agnostic. She doesn’t give an EFF.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Michelle Malkin won’t mind…..

off topic here but http://www.twitchy.com is a great new site. If you haven’t heard about the “other” side of the TrayVon Obama story by now check this one out.

PappyD61 on March 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Up with people! Many people also don’t realize how much Hitler was in favor of PETA-like animal rights…

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Question: How can you destroy something that does not exist?

Wade on March 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM

hmph, interesting.

ted c on March 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM

If you got a Corvette at 13 and doubt the existence of God there is nothing that can convince you.

tommy-t on March 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Modern example of God’s statement to the rich man who found himself in hell while Lazarus, the poor man was in heaven and the rich man asked God to send Lazarus back from the dead to convince the rich man’s family to turn to the faith because of the horror of hell if they did not, “No, if they will not listen to Moses and the Prophets (i.e., the scripture), they will not believe even if someone were raised from the dead”.

AZfederalist on March 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I may be generally against religious mythology, and normally have little patience for religious ceremony, but I would mostly like to preserve that old religious morality.

Count to 10 on March 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Check out that “kook” at the 1:51 mark of the second clip..Wow!..What kind of moonbat would dress up like that and go out in public!!..*facepalm*..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Was Bill Maher at any of these “rallies?”

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I don’t believe in Unicorns. If a group of people existed that did, I would not go out of my way to argue with them, insult them, protest them and so forth. I would simply think, “what a silly group of people” and I would move on with my life.
The fact that these so called athiest feel compelled to attack Christianity, to mock it, to insult it’s followers, and to ridicule it’s leaders, only validates that in thier hearts they know it to be true. They make no sincere effort to “convert” theist. Only to mock and ridicule them.
In the end, they are anti-theist and angry at a God that won’t bow down to them.
I will never take Dawkins seriously. He has ran from debating William L. Craig and has publicly admitted he will not debate one of the worlds leading theist philosophers. He carefully hand-pecks his debates with subpar theist and even then has been embarrased several times. He is a half-wit who’s appeal to liberals and athiest is a common hatred for Christianity.

mtucker5695 on March 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Conservatives: she can be an atheist, a Buddhist, a hindu, a rastafarian, a pagan, a druid or anything she wants. That’s her right and it’s none of my business.

Liberals: EVERYBODY is going to do it my way.

Samantha on March 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Bingo, unfortunately on the progresive/liberal side it seems to be slipping closer to “Everybody is going to do it my way or they die!” It seems to be what the commie progs have been working towards since the 60′s, just ask Bernadine Dorhn and Bill Ayers (Obama’s buddies) what they planned to do with all of us that wouldn’t go along with their plans…first it was “re-education camps” and if that didn’t work, then it was death!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Well, since they’re usually so classy, I’m guessing this….

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

LOL

idesign on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Did AP do a thread where Dawkins said he couldn’t prove his “beliefs”?

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

So when an Atheist woman has sex…does she holler, “Oh Darwin!”???

lovingmyUSA on March 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

In the throes of sexual passion, do they shout “No God, no God, no God!”?

Odysseus on March 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Needed a re-post. Thx guys..you had me rolling. Much needed. Without some humor, I’d go crazy.

I don’t care about atheists, to bad they care about me.

I am tired of all these activist groups screaming daily about something. Go move to Iran. Buh Bye.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I’m secular politically but I prayed for a Corvette at age 13 and got it.

Explain that Dawkins.

IlikedAUH2O on March 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Bad parenting?

lester on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

It always moves in the direction of destruction.

Pol Pot started out by killing the journalists, writers and editors. That stopped news from getting out easily.

He then started going after anyone who was smarter than he was.

Or better looking.

Soon if you only LOOKED smart, you got killed, so having glasses was a death sentence.

Mao decided to get rid of the drug trade via the expedient method of killing the people in it: the pushers and addicts. And their families, just to be sure. Amazing how fast people start to get turned in like that and then finger others who they suspect of reporting them… and that was before numbering political prisoners and putting them to work in ‘re-education camps’ with a high mortality rate. And that was before ‘the great leap forward’, which destroyed much of the industrial base, and skilled working class… what there was left of it, at any rate.

Stalin had the purges, gulags and the lovely collectivization that reduced agricultural output allowing more people to be starved that he didn’t like.

Hitler went with the insane race laws, and yet still had full Jews working inside the Reich, only they had been sanctified by the race boards, usually via payments and such. Others were turned in who had clean records and to the death camps they went. For a long time the safest way to avoid the death camps was to rob a bank: the SS couldn’t reach easily into the civil jail systems, so tossing a brick through a bank window and getting convicted meant only a prison labor camp, not a death camp. In some cases prisoners who were murderers were put in charge of death camp labor units…

Intolerance, once started, turns the cultured into barbarians, capable of anything.

These atheists have forgotten the high price paid for Westphalia and dishonor their own culture that has such high tolerance to it. These ones without toleration, without respect… they are barbarians.

ajacksonian on March 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Re comment of tdpwells at 8:57

ansonia on March 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

In another time a crack pot like Dawkins might have stirred things up and people would get carried away, but today people have the internet and mass communication. Dawkins is neutered by modern technology his type belongs on the ash heap of time. He’s selling an “ism” so he puts on an elaborate book fair to promote his form of snake oil. Who benefits from Dawkin’s so called activism besides Dawkins? No one, and it looks like book sales were down, and he needed a gimmick to get people to turn out, and buy his product.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

These ppl puzzle me, on one hand they say they don’t believe in god, on the other not believing in god is a belief …….. wow what a clusterfrack!

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Well, since they’re usually so classy, I’m guessing this….

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

LOL, your prob right.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

My outlook on life seems to frustrate and befuddle him.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Would it be a wild guess that your co-worker doesn’t have a child?

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

ditto’s.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Of course Hitler was in favor of PETA like animal rights.

My collie says:

After all, PETA kills nearly every animal that they “rescue”.

CyberCipher on March 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I have a lot more respect for agnostics than these people. Agnostics are at least humble enough to acknowledge that they have no way of knowing for certain about the existence of God. Also, why is it that all we hear about today is the rabid liberal and the atheist? Whatever happened to the secular humanists? They at least went to the trouble of putting up a pretense of being reasonable.

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM

On the outside chance that some here haven’t yet seen this, I offer :

An atheist friend has REALLY begun to see just how political all of this cr*p can be, at least. And he’s pondering, big time, because of this.

Besides, me loves me some Ben Stein.. :-)

pambi on March 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM

“Listen here you go**am religious nutcase, I’m an atheist and prou….er….I mean…..uhhhhh….”

Bishop on March 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Mr. 8,739 aka KeninCT.

Bishop on March 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Did AP do a thread where Dawkins said he couldn’t prove his “beliefs”?

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Yep. And he filed it under “Heartache.” Allah’s cool about this stuff. In fact, I’m pretty sure that with the right menu, he could be converted after one dinner! :-)

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Would it be a wild guess that your co-worker doesn’t have a child?

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Doesn’t even like kids.

Interesting you should bring that up. He was reading an article about the Duggar family, the one that has all the kids. I could see it was outraging him.

He finally exploded with, “Why would anyone want to have that many children? Why would anyone want to have children at all?”

My reply: “Your parents seemed to think it was a good idea.”

Conversation over.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I just see Rev. unfolding every day. How can you not believe?

lisa fox on March 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

CyberCipher on March 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Yep. “People for the Expedited Termination of Animals.”

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hm… What I don’t understand is how both sides have absolute ‘faith’ in reason. Some Atheists seem to believe any proof of evolution disproves the idea of a loving God. (it doesn’t) Some Christians seem to believe it is possible to prove to Atheists that a loving God exists, using only oral arguments. (that doesn’t necessarily work)

The Bible actually states that you must have faith to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Faith is ‘a hope in that which is unseen’. The Bible doesn’t say that ‘you need to spend a good amount of time studying bones and random junk in the ground, because that will totally either prove or disprove God’s existence’.

This means that you can’t absolutely prove OR disprove God’s existence using reason, since He Himself proclaims that a relationship with Him requires faith!

As a Christian, I know God’s incredible love because I have personally experienced it. And I want to be a conduit of that love to others, because I know if I had never experienced it, I would want others to be a conduit of that love to me!

Nephew Sam on March 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

So when an Atheist woman has sex…does she holler, “Oh Darwin!”???

lovingmyUSA on March 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Well…..

darwin-t on March 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

*Snort…

lovingmyUSA on March 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Bishop on March 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

So Atheism prays to the church of contempt!

Kini on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My reply: “Your parents seemed to think it was a good idea.”

Conversation over.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Yeah, except when it was over, he undoubtedly went straight outside to find a tree to bang his head against and whimper, “Yes, why? Why? Why was I ever born?” Imagine what effect some strong anti-depressants could do for these people…

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My reply: “Your parents seemed to think it was a good idea.”

Conversation over.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Good one Pred.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Well…..

darwin-t on March 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

ROFL. You guys are on a roll.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

secularists and others who say they believe in reason, not God

Since when did the two become mutually exclusive? Sounds a lot like the global warming alarmists’ exclusivity on science.

John the Libertarian on March 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Imagine what effect some strong anti-depressants could do for have on these people…

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

But you guys knew what I meant… :-)

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I’m secular politically but I prayed for a Corvette at age 13 and got it.

Explain that Dawkins.

IlikedAUH2O on March 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Maybe you got lucky and it was an old chevy.

RickB on March 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Imagine what effect some strong anti-depressants could have on these people…

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

You gotta dig deeper to their daddy issues.

John the Libertarian on March 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

So, how many actually showed up for the rally?

notropis on March 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I suspect many of them have been raised in good Christian families, and once they realized, in adolescence, that Christ had not called out to them, nor was He answering when they called, that it (religion) was all a hoax. They never considered, rationally, that just because one deity ignores you, that there are other gods.

That’s what happened to me; the basic premise of Christianity: that Jesus came to earth and died miserably to redeem Adam’s sin for all our sakes is meaningless noise to me: it makes no sense. Adam has been dead for 3000 years. How does the death(??) of an avatar of God save anyone from anything? If Jesus was a man, he died miserably. If he was an emanation of GOD, it was a staged event: the emanation could not “die.”

I hunted for a deity Who would speak to me, and I found the Lord and the Lady of Gardnerian Wicca. I am content in Their service. Atheism is just the fear of that seeking. One who seeks will find their faith.

And those who refuse the seeking path are not “heathens” — heathens are those who worship the gods of the old Anglo-Saxons: Wotan and Tyr and the others.

Leonie Alemann on March 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

That doesn’t mean they are Atheists, it simply means there is no specific belief.. Meaning, once I was Catholic, I no longer self-identify as such. I have a deep and abiding faith in God, I just am not a fan of organized religion.

herm2416 on March 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Maybe you got lucky and it was an old chevy.

RickB on March 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

In my day, that was the ONLY way you got lucky…and it was usually at a drive-in…

lovingmyUSA on March 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

the Lady of Gardnerian Wicca.

Well…. Good for you, I guess….

notropis on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

So, how many actually showed up for the rally?

notropis on March 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I read thousands.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Did AP do a thread where Dawkins said he couldn’t prove his “beliefs”?

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

The AP only reports what fits its agenda. Don’t forget, according to the AP, Sarah Palin and Tim Tebow are “polarizing,” but Barack Obama isn’t.

bw222 on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Tim Tebow leads N.Y. Jets to Super Bowl Victory.

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

How can anyone expect people to respect a belief that a cracker and some wine actually becomes the blood and body of a stock mythical character? The odd thing to me is that it even needs to be suggested to ridicule such nonsense. It ought to go without saying.

Dan_Yul on March 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

bw222 on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Are you talking about Allahpundit or The Associated Press?

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

So, how many actually showed up for the rally?

notropis on March 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

N o specific religious belief does not necessarily mean that someone is an athiest.

bw222 on March 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I’m pretty sure that he sees a therapist.

Bibles are cheaper.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Dan_Yul on March 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

It’s better then the real thing…
The cracker and wine thing, that is….

Electrongod on March 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

To each their own. Perhaps they should sell their agenda in Iran, I’m sure they would be welcomed warmly.

DDay on March 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

end of the “former pastor” video–

“one of the dirty little secrets of Christianity is hardly anyone reads the Bible” [speak for yourself, buddy! millions of us read the Bible all the time]

“and if they did they’d be in trouble”

all the participants including the newsreader: hahahahahahaahaha

smug soi-disant “sophisticates” mocking those about whom they know so little.

Rather typical, am sorry to say.

inviolet on March 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I’m pretty sure that he sees a therapist.

Bibles are cheaper.

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I haven’t met very many happy atheists. Even the most obnoxious ones are so lost and sad deep down that I end up feeling sorry for them.

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I think n the end you are going to have to proclaim your faith and lose your life.

lisa fox on March 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

It’s better then the real thing…
The cracker and wine thing, that is….

Electrongod on March 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

And the incessant whining from my husband, because someone else has drank out of the cup before him. It’s like he expects his own personal Jesus…LOL couldn’t resist.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Well, we haven’t really had a “thread song” yet. And while it isn’t the Christmas season, it is a thread about those who don’t believe. And since they don’t believe, they probably prefer “Happy Holidays” to “Merry Christmas.”

I say you gotta say Christmas because it is!

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I’m secular politically but I prayed for a Corvette at age 13 and got it.

Explain that Dawkins.

IlikedAUH2O on March 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Bad parenting?
lester on March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Example of humorless liberal.

Night Owl on March 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Tim Tebow leads N.Y. Jets to Super Bowl Victory.

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

That event might actually kill him!

cynccook on March 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Dan_Yul on March 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Glad you asked. Because the real historical person (ever read Josephus?) said He’d do it, that many people wouldn’t understand it (lots of his followers left when He first said it).

And oh. I almost forgot. He rose from the dead (with lots of witnesses) not too long after He said He’d do this. And He predicted that too. So his words on the “cracker and wine” thing become, let us say, a bit more believable to me.

inviolet on March 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

It’s like he expects his own personal Jesus…LOL couldn’t resist.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

That is good…

Electrongod on March 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Anybody watching Mad Men?

d1carter on March 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I went into a vegetarian restaurant yesterday and got them to take arugula off the menu. I don’t like arugula much, therefore no one else should ever be able to eat it.

This absurd little parable gets to the heart of some atheists’ crusade against religious freedom. Not all atheists think this way, thank God. There are plenty of “live and let live” -type atheists and I have no problem with them. But I’m sick of the ones who want to bulldoze religion out of all public places because of their own narrow viewpoint.

Another annoying thing about atheists, they don’t follow the “I before E except after C” rule. What’s up with that?

boru on March 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Anybody watching Mad Men?

d1carter on March 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I was but the last video clip is over….
AP didn’t include anymore on this thread..

Electrongod on March 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Rick B @9:29
I love that song !!!!!!

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Yawn. That is so 1 A.D.

obladioblada on March 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I say you gotta say Christmas because it is!

predator on March 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM