Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on March 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Now, maybe you don’t like Bill Maher. He did say truly offensive things about Sarah Palin (and many others). He wants to be able to insult and demean people and not be called on it. So his motives are hardly pure.

“But he’s right that opportunistically ginned-up outrage is filling all available media space. As Maher notes, Newt Gingrich’s attack on Robert DeNiro falls into this category; there was nothing offensive about DeNiro’s joke…

***

“Though his tone is light, the funnyman has a point — both about the way political parties exploit their opponents’ impolite or, sometimes, merely impolitic comments, and about the fact that the Constitution protects offensive speech. Long before Harry Truman articulated it, one of the cardinal rules of American-style democracy, was ‘If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.’ Phony umbrage is an old and increasingly tired pose.

“Mr. Maher is a strange one to make this argument, though, since it is so obviously self-serving. Though his article does not say so, he too is under fire for, among many other things, using vile words to refer to former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and calling her family ‘inbred weirdos.’

“This is rhetoric that goes beyond ridiculing or satirizing political adversaries to dehumanizing them. It encourages Americans to hate one another; or, at best, to tune one another out, as Mr. Maher recommends. He and Mr. Limbaugh both have a constitutional right to express themselves. But there are Americans who sincerely hope for civil discourse — for a nation where not every opponent is seen as an enemy. And they have a right to draw distinctions between the merely risque and the corrosively hateful, and to wish for higher standards, even from those who straddle the divide between politics and entertainment.”

***

“We’re both women who have worked in Democratic politics and the media for decades and find Bill Maher’s misogynist treatment of women candidates deeply disturbing. Coincidentally we both hail from Alaska — where women are treated as equals — so perhaps our threshold for this kind of behavior is less than here in the Lower 48.

“Mr. Maher has implicitly attempted to tie his own demeaning attacks on women to the unrelated issue of partisan-motivated fake outrage, which we agree is tiring. While others have been held to account for their sexism, Mr. Maher remains unrepentant for his attacks on women in public life.

“How can we expect women to run for office when they are essentially told to “lighten up about” and accept misogynist attacks? The Women’s Media Center has found that such attacks on women candidates have a measurable negative effect on how voters view them.

“Our message to Mr. Maher and his ilk is: Please start apologizing.”

***

“Hate him all you want, ignore him but never demand an apology. Because it is like counterfeit money, it is not real.”

***

HANNITY: The double standard is what bothers me. He is not outraged or else he gave Maher the money back, ask to get Maher the money back. But he’s afraid of angering Maher because Maher is going to attack him as being, you know, wimpy which he is.

COULTER: I actually think it was a genius plan by Maher to act like this big Democratic donor, write a million-dollar check and then say things so vulgar that Obama would be forced to give him his million dollars back. But I think conservatives have at this point maybe a hypocrisy/lying/fraud case against liberals since so many of them say things so much worse all the time. I just think we should stop acting like feminists and going around saying ‘I’m offended.’”

***

Content warning.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Bmore
I polished for 20 yrs, you might have seen my hands, but my sister was in some of the pictures.

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Cindy Munford on March 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Later Mrs. Munford..Enjoyed it!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM

See you tamale, all you haters. :)

arnold ziffel on March 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I just thought it was funny how you were falling into that whole Palin and her supporters hate books! meme. I’m sure the lefties will give you a pass for burning Glenn’s book ;)

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

You must explain..I fell into something? Always been straight up.
G Beck is dead to me. ;) PASS?

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

lol … good as a radio tonight. My alley has officially been upped.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Bmore

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Cool, its a very fascinating process. I’ve watched almost every one on youtube. Sleep well brother.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM

You must explain..I fell into something? Always been straight up.
G Beck is dead to me. ;) PASS?

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I’m just recalling the fluster over Sarah Palin “banning books” in Alaska … lol

How do people think she’s this uber-facist or something?

sigh…

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Well, I will heck a couple of other threads for new posts, and then it’s dreamland for moi.

Nytol!

JannyMae on March 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

My contribution for the night.

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

de rigueur, For me all the debating is fine, its just lately, its deteriorating into name calling and schilling. HeII the trolls are to weak to even bother with for the most part. So I’m just spending time up in the bleachers section watching. I made a very straight forward comment on Eds show the other day and someone came in and insinuated I was a child. HeII I’m 52 and proudly cast my first vote for Reagan and have always been a Conservative first party second. I didn’t appreciate being called childish. So when all the intellectually dishonest are done I plan on getting back in. But for right now. It just ain’t worth it. You should come here more often at the end of the day, would love to have ya, its nice to unwind with friends of kindred spirit. ; )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I’m just recalling the fluster over Sarah Palin “banning books” in Alaska … lol

How do people think she’s this uber-facist or something?

sigh…

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Sorry, tired and dense. She is anything then fascist!

Looky here..Rubio the beloved Saint here…Libya Libya!!! heh. Bush linked my friends. Her and West questioned it-rightly so. I HATE the neo con estab right. time for change.

She even is chill on weed. Take her statements how you want on that.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Good night JannyMae, pleasant dreams and keep up the great work. ; )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

bazil, I too am concerned about the push for Rubio on the ticket. Seems like a future McCain sans the service.

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Why I luv ya. You know without me saying.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Ok, time to hit the hay. goodnight

MeatHeadinCA on March 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Night-me too.

Night guys.

bazil9 on March 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Damn Dire. Your “contribution” took me about a thousand miles away from where I was. :) Your cadence is awesome. Your heart-beat is probably even like that.

Look, you ever see a guy with long hair and a grim look overlooking the crowd, stand with yours, raise up a tall victory V over your head, and I’ll see to it you all get on the last ferry. :) Hell, you can have my seat.

Anyway.

Replay.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Well its Sunday so you know whats at the front steps.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Good night MeatHeadinCA.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Good night bazil9, pleasant dreams.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Oh well. If you don’t like following your own rules, too damn bad.

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Oh well. If you don’t like following your own rules, too damn bad.

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Who and what rules?

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Great to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

What rules Dire? Who’s Jim talking about?

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Who and what rules?

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Heh. Treacher was ON topic, Bmore.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Well got a lot of work done today. Tired. It rained late and got cold. Had to have a fire. It just went out. Me too. Good Night All. Something to wake up to, happy and pretty. : )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Heh. Treacher was ON topic, Bmore.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Oh.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Nuther repeat. Sixx.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Night Bmore, everyone. Looks like I’ll be mopping.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I’ve generally avoided candidate threads since my admittance to this fine forum for the very reasons you give. For the most part it’s name calling and shilling and a stunning amount of intellectual dishonesty and lotsa gotchas. I’m not keen on anyone in the field this cycle, although I would take any of them over Obama, so I’ve adopted Buckley’s other dictum– not the one so frequently misused here, about voting for the most electable conservative candidate, which Buckley himself ignored when he ran against Republican John V. Lindsay for Mayor of New York City– but the one he got from his friend Whittaker Chambers. Chambers, you know, was the ex-Communist who exposed Alger Hiss, and in defecting from the Left to aid the Right, sincerely believed that he was joining the losing side of history. And what Chambers told Buckley, which Buckley repeated often was: “To live is to maneuver.”
It’s a perfectly acceptable maneuver to relax in the bleachers and enjoy the show when there’s nothing to be gained getting slammed around on the court. I’ll try to stop by more often, and watch for me waving from the bleachers.

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

+ 100..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Night Bmore, everyone. Looks like I’ll be mopping.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Nah, morning crew, the place doesn’t look that bad. ; )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Later Friend..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Yep. Buckleys worst or best moment. Perception/Reality after all.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Is there any way to disable the automatic refresh on this website? If I lose one more comment half typed to the either because the frigging page reloads.

I’m going to throw the F****** laptoout the damn window..

I do not type fast, ad my vision makes it necessary to go over and edit my posts, and after typing in 5 paragraphs, the damn page reloads and I looose everything. I can’t always remember to copy the damn thing every 30 seds just in case..

and I shouldn’t have too.

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

See ya tomorrow Dire : )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:44 AM

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Hey mark, if your on FF get a copy of the FF refresh blocker. Me I have gone to writing the long stuff in another app and the copy and pasting. It do suck! I lost a very long one a few days back. They probably have ones for the other browsers also. Good night all. ; )

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I’ve never had that happen. None of mine automatically refresh. And even when I manually refresh, FF keeps the text of my unfinished comment in the box.

Dunno.

But don’t throw your laptop out the window. :) Don’t let the nargles harsh your mellow, dude.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

It’s a great moment. And Buckley’s follow-up essay, “On Experiencing Gore Vidal” (Esquire, August 1969) is a classic of political (and personal) evisceration. Gore sued as a consequence and the case was thrown out. Buckley sued over Vidal’s counter-article, and Gore settled, paying the court costs. Then Esquire re-published the Gore article in 2003, Buckley sued again and was awarded personal compensation and payment of his legal fees, along with an published apology from Esquire. One of the most satisfying controversies I’ve witnessed in my lifetime.

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

de rigueur: If I may be some what impertinent. Mr. Lindsay was a left wing nomial republican. Rinos disowned him.He would not qualify under the Buckley rule, ie.there was no conservative in the mayors race.

celtic warrior on March 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM

If you’re putting that much effort into it, why not type out the post in Word, or another word-processing program, and then paste it into the HotAir comment window?

Ditto

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Funny, I don’t seem to have that refresh problem, either. (Safari browser on a Mac, for what that’s worth.)

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM

celtic warrior on March 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Well, you have a point. Lindsay was the candidate of both the Republican and the Liberal Parties. Democrat Abe Beame was probably more conservative than Lindsay. But the point that gets emphasized here a lot is “electable” conservative (“conservative” in NY politics being somewhat, um, relative, as it is also here). Mayor Lindsay was, by definition, the “electable” candidate– Buckley cheerfully admits in “The Unmaking of a Mayor” that he never had a chance.

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

OK, let’s try this with FireFox… ooooooohhhhh spellchecker,… Thank You God.. I’m unworthy, but I’ll accept this anyway…

and oh,.. thanks guys at Firefox..

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Bmore, you rock,.. in the bestest possible way.

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Maher does this on purpose, deliberately TRYING to enrage the right by spitting on our women and our cherished symbols, heroes and works… He’s the eternally evil bad seed, hoping against hope to provoke an act of violence or civil disobedience so outrageous as to discredit the movement.

He is the truest kind of evil, he derives wicked pleasure in tormenting other people, taking joy out of rage and resentment. That he fans by dehumanizing our women, and our movement.. His world view is unashamedly liberal, his hatred for religious faith readily found.. he loves to torture us with his idiot commentary.. The thing he knows all too well, is that it’s not what he even says, but that it’s so vile, no one could stay employed after doing that to any woman..

except, if they are liberal….. and the target is the women in the conservative right..

then, you can be the world’s worst hater of all things female and not only will the left defend you, while you hand their party leaders pet superpac a million dollar check… that looks good for the party leader to take a bribe like that democrats.. smooth move..

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 3:56 AM

It’s not what Maher says,… just that only liberals can get away with it, making them the worst hypocrites of all time.

Name a comic who could survive with “That Michelle Obama.. what a C**T she is huh?”. Name one liberals..

Or simply shut up about “fake” outrage…

The only “fakes” here are liberals faking their surprise that anyone could ever think Sarah was worth defending against these vile dehumanizing assaults. Their outrage isn’t over what they claim, but at them being questioned on their gaming the media to destroy people for personal gain..

To be a liberal in this sense, is to be beneath contempt. True classic liberals barely exist anymore.. even the few we knew have gone completely native now.. playing the liberal teams plays without remorse or even common sense, so obvious, even Gallop was dumbstruck by the public’s rejection of the liberal meme.

Democrats and liberals remain far more likely than other political and ideological groups to trust the media and to perceive no bias.

What a shock… that liberals trust their own party hacks to tell them the truth.. and make no mistake, the liberals know damn well which side the media has chosen to defend and protect at all costs..

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Mornin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM

This is what happened when we cracked down on the concept of “fighting words”.

In the old days someone would have taken the runt outside and dusted his doors. they might have said “thems fightin words pardner”.

That makes it OK!

Lonetown on March 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Good morning twerp.;-)

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Today’s my Friday…and next Sunday Spawn-aka ‘almost adult’-becomes a REAL adult.
I’m not ready for him to turn 18.
*sigh*
*waves @ angrymike*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Evil dudes live long lives. We’ll need a major time machine to check into Maher’s last years, I bet. What’s his half life anyways?

Sherman1864 on March 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Is that a man bear with Maher?

Sherman1864 on March 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

O/T,Hot off zee Press!!

I do wish Team Hopey could keep some details under wraps,and at first glance,I thought WTF,….bountys!!
—————————————

Afghan official: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death
- APStory

Submitted 42 mins ago from http://www.ajc.com
============================

6:16 a.m. Sunday,
March 25, 2012
***************

Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death
**************************************************

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — The Unites States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said. U.S. officials did not immediate respond to requests for comment.(More…..)
================================

canopfor on March 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM

What’s his half life anyways?

Sherman1864 on March 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Penicranium (Pc) has a half-life of only 37 years, but …

Unfortunately, this heavy element breaks down successively into a few poisonous gasses before it finally finds its way back home to Pb.

Basically, it’s just radioactive, glorified lead.

We need to stop trying to create new elements by bombarding Pb with Stupid, but that’s just my opinion.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Twerp
Time doesn’t stop, we get older, the kids grow up. Lets hope for spawn’s sake this country wakes up. Your a little young at 30 to have a 18 year old, arnt you?……*mike smiles and waves back*.

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Good morning …..Canopfor and axe, happy Sunday…..

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Morning Mike!

… and Canada, and Twerp … lol

Weird closing down the night shift and unlocking for the morning shift, but that’s what Graveyard gets you. :) Maybe I’ll get to see Munford, so there’s that.

Please note the floors are mopped and spotless.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Canopfor
Great now we are giving. China’s money to the afghans because a soldier snapped over the rules of engagement. How sad our once great country has become!!!! Can anyone build me a time machine, the 60′s would be good for me.

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

axe
nice job! I see you got the troll sh!t cleaned up nicely, your the man!

angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM

If he isn’t funny can he still call himself a comedian?

diogenes on March 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Man, that sums him up completely, doesn’t it?

Cleombrotus on March 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Who and what rules?

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Who and which do you think?

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

And if everything is offensive, then, well, nothing is.”

No, when the accusations are so ridiculous that the double standard is so obvious (double standard may not be the right term since it is not an equal standard), the left tries their best to sound reasonable. And “journalists” do their best to defuse the situation so the status quo can be restored. maher and every big mouthed, dim witted celebrity will go right back to being as foul as ever as soon as they think the dumb masses have gone back to sleep. This shouldn’t be just about calling someone a “bad” name, this conversation should be about the lies that the leftwing propagandist media propagates on America 24 hours a day. About how they twist and hide the truth; corzine klied to congress just weeks ago about stealing 200 million and no one is talking about that, a radical, violent black panther party puts out a dead or alive bounty on a citizen and no one is arrested. And we are all here pretending to have a dialogue when the truth is that if I used the words maher uses regularly or even that Rush used I would be censored and no one would be reading this post.

peacenprosperity on March 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Dennis Miller had a show on Fox for at least a year

bayam on March 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM

No he didn’t. He had a show on HBO and later had a show on CNBC.

Del Dolemonte on March 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM

The same media outlets that so famously avoided reporting on the John Edwards affair due to their political queasiness are openly covering the Zimmerman/Martin story at great length. Yet in a perverse reversal of circumstances, Hot Air seems unwilling to provide any coverage or commentary at all.

No doubt there have been many discussions among Hot Air’s writers and editors over the website’s stand on covering this story, but it’s time now to show the courage of your convictions. Or never again accuse the New York Times, or any other organization, of journalistic bias, duplicity or cowardice.

The Resolute Desk on March 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hot Gas had 2 threads on this story Friday 3/23. One is still going strong with well over 1,000 posts.

Del Dolemonte on March 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

canopfor on March 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM

BWWAAAAAAaaaaahahahahahahaha! This is hilarious — President Muffy O’Bozo hoisted by his own petard.

Jaibones on March 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM

And I love how Bill Maher’s favorite GOP “girl” And Coulter comes to his rescue.
Hey, it’s time to get in the mud with “these” people.
I have no problem calling Sandra Fluck what she is, “a slut”, or maybe the more correct one would be a “teabagger”. She’s having soooo much sex she can’t afford to do it safe anymore unless YOU pay for it.
I don’t think that was one of the feminist slogan. “YOU need to pay for my sex”.
You feminist are slipping!!

mmcnamer1 on March 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Oh, for the good old days of real comedians: Jack Benny, Bob Hope, Red Skelton, Flip Wilson, Bill Cosby…. Look what we’re saddled with these days and tell me evolution is working!

Gordy on March 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM

“An underlying problem here: there are no shared standards anymore. Outrage is no longer a moral or ethical or personal sensibility thing, it is a political thing, a weapon to be used against your enemies, and a public sign of your political and ideological allegiances. And if everything is offensive, then, well, nothing is.” Forbes.com

True. According to filthy misogynistic, sexist, racist Leftists who take great delight in slandering any woman who dares to speak her mind, Bill Maher, et al. are just fine. Insert excuse here: _______
a.) Entertainer
b.) Comedian
c.) Social Commentator
d.) Community Organizer
e.) Humorless Audience

The silence of the “hate speech” crowd is deafening.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on March 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Richards obviously wasn’t joking when those racial comments were made- it wasn’t part of his routine. Can’t you recognize that simple fact and understand how that kind of outburst is different than a simple even if inappropriate punchline?

Kramer’s long rant was actually very similar to that of Rush Limbaugh’s. And you’re right, liberals were outraged at Richards.

So where’s the clear and obvious double standard that you suggest?

bayam on March 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

This is what the critical race theory looks like in practice.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Karl Magnus on March 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How large is Maher’s audience on a good night 1 million?

That’s not a significant size of the population that agrees with him.

Maher’s reasoning: if HIS audience let’s him get away with it than it’s okay for HIM to say. Maher holds himself to a very another low standard. His writers go for low brow- bottom feeding material. (There is a market for this form of humor) An audience of 1 million and remember HBO is on tv sets out side the United States it’s not even confined to an American audience of 1 million.

Home Box Office Inc. As of January 2012, HBO’s programming reaches 29 million subscribers in the United States, making it the second largest premium network in the United States (Encore’s programming reaches 33.2 million subscribers as of March 2012). In addition to its U.S. subscriber base, HBO also broadcasts in at least 151 countries worldwide.

Maher pulls in an audience of around a 1 million of HBO’s overall audience. Let’s put it in perspective here, they aren’t all Americans watching Bill Maher, and obviously ALL HBO viewers are not easily amused by his Maher’s potty mouth.

The season premiere January 17th, 2012 of HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher had a 0.4 adults 18-49 rating and 1.1 million viewers.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM

For some reason the blogs are constantly posting about Maher, who is on pay tv, (If no one is around, and a tree falls in the forest does anyone hear it?) I guess bloggers are doing their part to help Maher’s ratings.

Maher and Hanks are two strikes against HBO. I am not a subscriber and have no intention of buying Time Warner’s slop.

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

de rigueur on March 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Yep.

mark81150 on March 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Must have worked. Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM
angrymike on March 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM

You two are up way too early. Good Morning.

Axe on March 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

You’re the best! Didn’t know you double as the morning crew also. Thanks!

Who and which do you think?

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Theirs and theirs ?

I think that’s everyone.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Who and which do you think?

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Sorry for the split quote Jim.

Bmore on March 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This is Maher’s facebook page- it matches his audience reach.
Real Time Fridays,10PM ET HBO
901,898

HBO has 29 Million Subscribers in the U.S.

There is going on 320 Million Americans in the U.S., HBO’s audience is larger than the United States of America -they broadcast all over the world, and I am supposed to get excited about Bill Maher carving out the juveniles to make his shekels? This is still America isn’t it – a semi free country?

Dr Evil on March 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Not once does Maher mention his own indescretions in his article.

dthorny on March 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Alas, the vivid double standards are expressions and measures of power.

kunegetikos on March 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM

One cannot address the “hypocrisy” theme and clamor adequately without offending some not few of our friends.

kunegetikos on March 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I don’t watch and don’t care what Bill Maher has to say.
The old school MSM are choking on their own hypocrisy; The new media is exposing all their hypocrisy. They, the MSM, don’t own the narrative or the facts any more.
Meanwhile, the Fed has driven the car to edge of the cliff with the help of the MSM and Academia.

racquetballer on March 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM

One of the most pathetic things about this, IMO. Is an “edgy” comic who argues that he’s “allowed” to say things by right of being a comic. C’mon, “edgy” comics are bad boys. To argue that you’re “allowed” to say something is to argue that you’re NOT edgy!

He’s a water-carrier for the Dems in the Alinskyan/Marcusean mode. And we’re stuck in the middle of the stream as progressives try to change from the “There’s no such thing as ‘proper’” horse to the “Proper is what we say it is” horse. He’s just one of the people who got their feet caught in both stirrups, hanging upside down taking a face full of stream water.

Axeman on March 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM

The little rat face is glib and quick. Too bad he is so fun mean spirited and foul. Christmas and my birthday together would be knocking him out; but then, I’m trying not to be a hater (like him).

StevC on March 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM