Republican Governors Association to Scott Walker: We’ve still got your back

posted at 1:20 pm on March 23, 2012 by Tina Korbe

The Republican Governors Association was the largest independent group to help Scott Walker win the governorship of Wisconsin in 2010 — and the organization is again lending support to the stalwart budget balancer as he faces recall election. The RGA has launched what they characterize as a major statewide advertising effort on broadcast and cable television. This ad began to air today and attacks the two candidates who are challenging Walker in the recall:

As Governor Walker has said, “Our most powerful tool is the truth.” In the case of Walker’s recall election, it’s not only true that his opponents increased taxes and did little to incentivize job creation, but it’s also true that the state of Wisconsin is better off now by a number of measures than it was when Walker first took office.

Walker didn’t just reform the collective bargaining system in Wisconsin: He also implemented tax incentives for job creators, regulatory relief, tort reform and a repeal of the state tax on health savings accounts. Collectively, these reforms have greatly improved the business climate in Wisconsin. It’s no wonder, really, that 94 percent of business owners think Wisconsin is headed in the right direction today. Compare that to just two years ago: At that time, just 10 percent of owners were pleased with the direction of their state.

The stakes are high in this recall election — and not just for the state of Wisconsin. They’re high for the entire conservative movement. In Walker, the nation has a compelling example of a courageous, committed, principle-centered conservative, who cares more about workers and taxpayers than monied union bosses and other special-interest group leaders. Here is someone who lets his actions speak for him — and whose actions are consistent with common sense and foundational ideas about freedom and fiscal responsibility. If conservatives in Wisconsin and across the country defend him, we send the message that we care more about people and policy than politics — and we prove again that sound policy can trump dirty politics. If we don’t defend him, we’ll make it that much harder for anyone to follow in his footsteps. Who will risk what he has risked if the possibility of any kind of reward — even the reward of watching reforms come to fruition — seems practically nonexistent?

Walker really said it best at CPAC:

This election is ultimately about courage. When we prevail, it will send a powerful message – not only in Madison but in Springfield and St. Paul; Columbus and Austin; and in state houses all across America. Most of all, it will send a message in the halls of Congress.

When we win, it will tell every politician in America that if you are bold, if you do the right thing, if you tackle the tough issues, there will be people standing there right with you.

And Lord help us if we lose. If we lose, I believe that it will set acts of courage in politics back at least a decade if not a generation. This is why we must not lose.

Comments

“But, but, I thought Republican leaders were all squishy & the establishment was RINO & they’re all liberals!” — Dittoheads

itsnotaboutme on March 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Governor Walker, I have your back also! I don’t live in WI but if I did I would be voting FOR you!
L

letget on March 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM

It’s good that they will walk the walk…unlike Congress!

KOOLAID2 on March 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Walker 2012

AH_C on March 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Gov. Walker is an absolute stud (and I don’t mean physically).

GOPRanknFile on March 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I cannot stress how important it is we close ranks along the likes of Walker. Unfortunately my governor in Ohio had to backtrack on his reforms after an effective fear campaign waged by unions.

One of the most helpful things we could do would be passing Right to Work in every state.

antisense on March 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Go Scott Walker!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM

You think we can cut a deal with WI? We will trade them Boehner and 3 future draft choices for Walker.

Alabama Infidel on March 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Alabama Infidel on March 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Heck, let’s throw Romney in the deal.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Amazing what kind of enthusiasm men of moral courage and principle can generate …

ShainS on March 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Thanx RGA. I’m with you, too, Gov. Walker. I can only sit here south of the WI border (in the fleebagger destination state) and dream that in some century your kinds of changes will take root here. Those parasitic useless union leeches must not be allowed to prevail–let’s make them look back and realize they wasted all that union money in WI that they can’t have back for the prez race.

stukinIL4now on March 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I live in Wisconsin. I really believe the majority of people are with him. There is election fatigue, however. Also, he is fighting against the main stream media in this state, “John Doe” investigations by a Democrat district attorney, judges with questionable ethics, and un-elected commissions and boards that rule against him at every turn. But his reforms are working. Period. The only places that are suffering are the districts that jammed through contracts before Act 10 became law. And even now, one of those districts is looking to renegotiate.

I’ve never seen anything like the temper tantrum thrown by the radicals now that they are not in power. But they are not in the majority. Walker will win.

ineedahobby on March 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

He’s my Governor. I want to keep him as my Governor… and you can’t have him Alabama Infidel.

You can, however, contribute here. I just gave him a hundred bucks.

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Tina/Ed:

How about postinmg an OFFICIAL link to contribute to Gov. Walker?

I need to send him $20 of evil “out of state, non-union” money… even though I am a Teamster (not by choice, believe me… It is a job requirement thing)…

Khun Joe on March 23, 2012 at 1:45 PM

itsnotaboutme on March 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Oh, so the Republican Governors Association shows a spine ONCE in publicly supporting Scott Walker, and somehow the Washington Congressional Establishment (you know, the ones who tried to shove Mike Castle and Charlie Crist down our throats) should be getting a pat on the back? Boy, you RINOs are starved for attention. Why don’t you just book yourself on Morning Joe and attack conservatives if you’re that desperate for praise?

fitzfong on March 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Nice and important article. I just sent Walker some $ from here in California.

GaltBlvnAtty on March 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM

You can, however, contribute here. I just gave him a hundred bucks.

Will do! Guys like Walker are in short supply in the GOP. We have to keep him strong. Hope to see him move his Operation to 1600 Pensylvania Ave. one day.

Alabama Infidel on March 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Can we get real here?

This election is ultimately about breaking the backs of the other parties biggest donors, Unions.

Yes unions are breaking the backs of state budgets, etc. but the Democrats villify the gop donor base and the gop does the same to the Dems. And their respective bases get all “outraged” about it.

The Dem base hates:
Big Oil, Business and Healthcare companies/insurers

The gop base hates:

Unions, Trial lawyers and Environmnental groups.

Now, tell me who most of the anger on both sides is directed at? Crippling what industries?

Power, political power is what this is really all about. Long gone are the days of Mr. Smith going to Washington to fight for what is really right. We now just get to pick our poison every election.

UGHHH.

PappyD61 on March 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Been sending him money every month, and will continue to do so for as long as my wife allows me to have the Power of the Purse. In 2016 or 2020, this guy will be the President to put Ronaldus Maximus to shame.

Archivarix on March 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Re-electing our Governor is just one step in moving in a direction to eliminate the Liberal parasites that are draining America’s exceptionalism.

Deano1952 on March 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I am so glad my vote for Gov. Walker was not squandered. The unions in our state need to brought to heel and I can see “right to work” on the horizon to accomplish that.

Of course a Dane county judge will probably toss it out as unconstitutional like they did with the voter ID law, the eediot.

JimboHoffa on March 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM

UGHHH.

PappyD61 on March 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Um, you obviously don’t live in Wisconsin (no one can be perfect) otherwise you’d realize a few things.

A.) The teachers unions and other PEU still exist. In fact they have the same collective barganing rights as federal employees.

B.) Wisconsin has one of the highest state/county/municipal tax burdens in the USA. Why? Some of the administrators at the local high school make as much if not more than some of the peditricians I work with.

C.) “Big Business” – in Wisconsin that’s agriculture, shipping or mining. Most of the players in those industries are pretty small (except mining)

D.) We were the “birthplace” of the progressive movement, “Fighting” Bob LaFollette – The referendum, the recall, etc. The pushback here by the left is strong because the push-Forward was always strong. The left sees incremental statism in Wisconsin as their birthright.

E.) The FIBs down south have given a great counter-example of what the alternative would be.

F.) Is this about political power – you betch’a – The left is using every dirty trick in the book to stop our duly elected officials and some tricks that have never been tried. Occupying the capitol? Fleeing 14 senators to the land of Lincolin so there wasn’t quorum? Perpetual recall elections? Picketing the govenor’s private residence? Challenging EVERY legislative action passed in a Dane county court?

Green_Bay_Packers on March 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Having his back means more than words. This is an important battle against big labor that has to be won. I would encourage all of you to make a small donation to Gov. Walker.

Rancher on March 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Donation on the way…

Abiss on March 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Send Walker 25 bucks.

Money, mouth etc.

(Yeah, I did.)

Bruno Strozek on March 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Proud to be a Wisconsinite.

ZachV on March 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Sending $$ from California. I can only hope that one day we have someone like him here. I know, it’s a pipe dream….:)

daddysgirl on March 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Sometimes, the best tactics are to take out a few of the opposition leaders and the rest will stop their attacks. The rank and file need leaders (instigators) to push them. Without the instigators, the whole protest goes away.

rjulio on March 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Sent some money yesterday.

Mirimichi on March 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM

itsnotaboutme on March 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM

That’s mostly true these, however, are governors who actually are held to account to get something done. They have core principles and are willing to stand by them. If Walker succeeds, they stand a better chance of succeeding, if he doesn’t God help the United States of America.

bflat879 on March 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Might be the best chance for me to ask …
At one point in time, I could locate a page or two that LISTED the benefits of Walker’s changes within the state, like $$ saved per school districts, etc.
No more !! Does anyone have any workable links for me to use in debate ?
I’m not lazy, honest, just frustrated as H … Scrubbed ? I just don’t know.
TIA

pambi on March 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Pambi, this self-link might help you out some. “$$ saved per school district” and linkage, and other information available there.

John Hitchcock on March 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM

His courage is exemplified by the fact that he has accomplished all he has, while facing explicit & implicit threats of violence and harassment leveled by the union thugs at him, his family, his neighborhood, state property, and anyone who sides with him. The pressure to retreat from the thugs must be tremendous. I really do admire Gov. Walker.

KS Rex on March 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Rooting for Walker & his allies in Wisconsin. Thank you RGA.

22044 on March 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thanks, JH !
Bookmarked. :-)

pambi on March 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Here in my part of Wisconsin “I Support Governor Walker” signs are springing up all over. All we have seen for the past year are “Recall Walker” signs. I have a feeling the unionistas are being given a jolt that this is not going to be an easy election for them. All we have heard from the media, etc is the anti-Walker propaganda. Now that a recall election is going to happen the pro-Walker citizens will start emerging with tangible support. I have a feeling these signs showing up in people’s yards are sending a few shivers down the anti-Walker crowd.

traditionalgal on March 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Pambi, here:

and here:

That last link I found today, in response to the “Student’s Bill of Rights” written by union weasels, and presented by students. It has all sorts of union-friendly rights in it…but is missing the key one “The right to a quality education”.

Continue to send Walker money, as WI law has NO LIMITS on contributions to a politician facing recall. (The Dems are furious because they have to choose between a fast election, and being unprepared; or a slow election and allow Walker to continue to collect donations).

Daisy_WI on March 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I stand with Walker signs are available at any GOP office for $5, I think. I need to go get another one.

Daisy_WI on March 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

You’re welcome, pambi. I’m not nearly as prolific a writer as I wish I were, nor am I nearly as well-researched as I would like, but Hot Air and the commenters do help me to be much better researched. And, Daisy, I’m definitely going to look into your links as well. When it comes to defeating radical Leftist, Democrat, Union, and MSM (but I repetitively repeat myself in an overly redundant manner) lies and propaganda, too much information is never enough.

John Hitchcock on March 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Walker is in a class of his own. Will be sending some cash from FL tonight.

ConArtist in Tampa on March 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM

No idea why HotAir doesn’t link to Walkers page or contribution page, but here it is in case you were interested:

LifeTrek on March 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM