PPP poll: Palin’s favorability higher among Republicans than Romney’s or Santorum’s

posted at 9:24 pm on March 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Granted, her ratings have always been solid among Republicans. And granted, comparing the favorability of someone who isn’t running to the favorability of two candidates who have been tearing each other’s throats out every day for months is apples and oranges. Even so, Ian Lazaran at Conservatives4Palin makes a fair point: As a Not Romney with appeal to evangelical and non-evangelical conservatives alike, she probably could have given Mitt more of a run for his money than Santorum has.

Sarah Palin is now once again better liked than any of the actual candidates. 68% see her favorably and only 20% unfavorably.

“The fact that Sarah Palin is now more popular than any of the Republican Presidential candidates is a real sign of the toll the campaign has taken on all of the contenders’ images,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “Meanwhile Rick Santorum is struggling and would really need a major change in the race — like Newt Gingrich dropping out — to reverse his fortunes.”

Santorum’s favorables split at a healthy 59/30, but among evangelicals it’s 73/16 versus just 46/43 among non-evangelicals. Palin’s numbers for comparison:

She also tops Santorum among tea partiers and non-tea partiers alike, although their numbers among the latter group are close enough that I assume the Romney Death Star could have blasted hers down to a comparable level with sustained attacks. For Santorum, the split is 74/18 among TPers, 50/41 among non-TPers, and 54/20 among those who aren’t sure. Palin:

A higher favorable rating among “very liberal” GOPers than “somewhat conservative” ones? Either the sample of liberal Republicans is very small, which means a very high margin of error, or else she’s rebounded somehow with more left-ish members of the party. Any theories on what’s driving that?

Needless to say, the big caveat to the “what might have been” hypothetical in which Palin runs and does better against Romney than Santorum has is that a more effective centrist than Romney could have run also and possibly locked up the nomination no matter who was running to his/her right. Maybe we’ll do a few posts on various hypotheticals this summer — A vs. B, C vs. D — to cheer you up when Romney finally locks things up and the laments begin. Exit question: Does Steve Schmidt opine on any subject anymore except vetting procedures for Republican VP candidates? Good lord, man. Pull yourself together.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

BASEBALL!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM

HORSE RACING! *you really should try it*

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Pre-1993 NASCAR !

The “dynamics” of it that attracted me, really went downhill after that.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You are obviously a slow learner who has learned nothing watching Gingrich and Santorum trying to cobble together campaigns to compete with Romney. A brokered convention that does not elect Romney would produce a fractured party and a nominee without the time, money or organization to mount a campaign against an incumbent.

Palin supporters talk like they don’t live in the real world.

Basilsbest on March 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Wow, how ever did they do it in the days when the convention is where the nominee was chosen? Besides, this party is fractured already. The conservatives are rising up to the Establishment and the Estabs don’t like it.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

FEAR ME!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I totally fear you, Twerp. You are already on the list. When the zombies invade, look for a red 88 S10 about four feet off the ground, with windows armored with diamond plate. I’ve already got your shotgun ready. I figure I can get an extra 5-10 years of survival just getting you armed and then staying nearby. :)

but … we have to swing the caravan around for CSDevin too. I hope that’s ok. Half-crazy chicks have a knack for surviving, and … well, this is a well-thought out plan … not just something I’m making up at the moment.

I assume Hawk will be air-born. MadCon will have his own demilitarized zone … this could all get a little weird.

Axe on March 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yeah, cause that Massachusetts is such a conservtive state. He really governed like a conservative there. Can’t believe the turnaround. Oh, boy. You’ve made an iron-clad case.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM

The Mittbots case, so to speak, that Mittens is a competent governor is dependent on Republicans completely ignoring that Mittcare actually exists and forgetting that its impact on the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has been baleful.

The citizens of the Commonwealth are in increasing debt because of this Obamacare pilot program that was Mittcare.

If we ignore Mittcare, Mitt’s an all right guy (well, okay, there are these liberal judges that Mitt nominated…).

But Mittcare gets at the heart of Mitt’s John Lindsay Republicanism: there’s no conservatism there. Mitt hijacked conservatism along about 2006 in an attempt to gain the GOP nomination. Several tens of millions of dollars later, Romney remains about as Conservative as Barbara Boxer. What the Mittbots don’t get that Movement people understand is the transparent phoniness about Romney’s faux-conservatism that Palin has been alluding to all through her interviews during the campaign.

victor82 on March 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Welcome back!

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Thanks! :D

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I don’t mess with the ones so tiny that it would classify me as a bully.

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

lol

Axe on March 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

canopfor on March 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM
—————————————-

Did you get a certificate picture with the flag with our crew picture? Or are you guessing?

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:27 PM

hawkdriver:Pure guessing,btw,in my younger days,I power-lifted and
was Body building.At my peek,I was 170 at 5’4′,benched
350 for a single:)

canopfor on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Geez

Folks, it’s almost not worth coming here much anymore. A good majority of you have turned this place into a damn joke. I’ve got some paint to fling anyways.

Later ALT, pred, cano

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I did not say one negative word about Palin until she sent Todd out to support Freddie Mac Newt Gingrich.

Basilsbest on March 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Why are conservatives bemoaning someone earning an honest living? Esp when any criticism of corporate raiding is verboten. Lobbying for Freddie Mac is no worse than cashing out a company.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

The “dynamics” of it that attracted me, really went downhill after that.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

There’s nothing like being right on the rail at the finish line when these superior athletes come storming for the wire. The pounding of the hooves, the breathing of the horses, the crowd going wild. INTENSE.

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Spawn turns 18 a week from Sunday.
NOOOOO!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Does Spawn’s birth certificate say “Spawn”, or does he have another name?
BTW, I am NOT asking for the name, just whether or not he has another one.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Your late, Obozo needs you to suck his wood!

Danielvito on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Political Cartoons:

Mitt Madness

Consistent Conservative

INC on March 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

axe too

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM

victor82 on March 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yeah, so true. If we weren’t going against such a Marxist as Obama, I think I would either vote 3rd party or just not pull the lever for Prez. But because it is Obama, I’m going to go ABO, then hope Romney gets primaried in 2016.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Get ready to think outside the box…

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Later, hawk. Revisit. It’ll be better on other nights.

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM

axe too

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the extra swing. :) I was all right.

Axe on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Danielvito on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Powers that be, how much more than that do you need for a banning?

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

He’s got a classically masculine name.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

L8TR, Boychick!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Geez

Later ALT, pred, cano

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

hawkdriver:Great to hear from you,yup,endless Freindly-Fire,I do
hope,after the Primaries,it subsides somewhat!

Have a Great Night Hawk:)

canopfor on March 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM

INC on March 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Good ones!!!

“Give me a *meh*”

I love it.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I don’t doubt it, but I’ve never been to a race; horse or NASCAR.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yep. Just like she stumbled into Wasilla City councillor, Wasilla City mayor, President of Alaska State mayors, Chairwoman of AOGCC, Chairwoman of IOGCC, Governor of Alaska, VP nominee. This woman has a knack for stumbling into position of power and influence, doesn’t she?

HerneTheHunter on March 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM

She couldn’t get into any of those elected positions today though, and that’s the point. Hell whenever she endorses anyone these days the people of Alaska promptly vote for that person’s opponent. What she once was doesn’t mean squat in the present or future.

Go RBNY on March 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Geez

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

He’s got a classically masculine name.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Excellent.

But does he know what you call him HERE?

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Your right you should be banned for what you said about me!

Your such a squish, just like romneycare.

Baby, go cry to your mommy!

Danielvito on March 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I don’t doubt it, but I’ve never been to a race; horse or NASCAR.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Never been to an auto race either. My passion is with those thundering hooves. I could spend everyday there. Magnificent creatures. *OK, I’ll shut up now* ;)

predator on March 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Bitter Clinger on March 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That one especially cracked me up.

INC on March 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Go RBNY on March 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I doubt it.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Wednesday was World Down Syndrome Day.

Cute photos of Palin’s family.

INC on March 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

My father used to refer to me as ‘senior spring-off’ and my idiot brother the dopehead naderite as ‘junior. spring-off’.
‘Spawn’ is just carrying on the family tradition.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Danielvito on March 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Powers that be, how much more than that do you need for a banning?

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Your right you should be banned for what you said about me!

Your such a squish, just like romneycare.

Baby, go cry to your mommy!

Danielvito on March 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

FIGHT
FIGHT
FIGHT

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Sarah Palin HAS never and WOULD Never say something as STUPID as what Santorum said about “voting for Obama”……..and has Solar System’s More Conviction and Principles than Romney…….

As for Gingrich….I believe he’s sitting on that bench over there, crouched over and staring at the bottom of his FEET as he examines them up and down thoroughly!

williamg on March 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Is your dad “on the spectrum?”

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM

axe too

hawkdriver on March 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Toes tapping, fingers rapping….

Gohawgs on March 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Get ready to think outside the box…

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Keep your eyes on Hillary Clinton.

I think that she still has her eyes on the Presidency, and not just in 2016, but in 2012.

I think she is seriously prepping to be the Democratic nominee in 2012. How in the world can I say that? Keep two things in mind:

1) This, and
2) This

If Barry is found ineligible and/or guilty of forgery, fraud, obstruction of justice, etc, OR if the Clintons introduce him to Vince Foster and blame it on the Tea Party, who would the Democrats nominate? Joe Biden? No way. It would HAVE to be Hillary. And when you listen to what she’s said, both in 2008 and recently, she’s trying to pave the way for the first woman Democratic Presidential nominee and first woman President.

Listen to the 20 seconds from 1:36 to 1:56 in this recent video of Hillary Clinton

“She embodied the spirt of an America coming of age and {pause} increasingly confident, ready to lead in a quite uncertain and dangerous world.

So, is America “coming of age” and ready for its first female president?

Hillary wants you to see her as “increasingly confident, ready to lead in a quite uncertain and dangerous world.”

And oh, by the way, that whole manufactured “Republican War on Women” thing would play right into Hillary’s hands if she were to become the Democrats’ nominee…

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Is your dad “on the spectrum?”

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM

He died in 2001-but my guess is that he was.
It would explain a lot.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Now, if Hillary Clinton ends up being the Democratic Nominee, wouldn’t you want Palin on our ticket, at least as the VP?

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

INC on March 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I don’t know how anyone could look at Trig-all smilie and cool with his glasses-and say that he should have never been born.
I would love to kiss him on his on nose!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So? Who’s surprised?

Cleombrotus on March 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What she Romney once was doesn’t mean squat in the present or future.

Go RBNY on March 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM

/rombot

Heh.

gryphon202 on March 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Two things:

1. That’s not thinking outside the box, that’s thinking outside the brain (at least, at this point — if she wanted to run, she should’ve already been doing it).

2. If Hillary were running, that doesn’t change anything for Republicans. She’s a socialist, too. Bit less radical, and maybe a wee bit smarter than Obama but that isn’t saying much. Wouldn’t want her in the Oval Office anymore than I wanted Obama there.

Bitter Clinger on March 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I would love to kiss him on his on nose!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Did you happen to see the second comment down? A woman said her child asked, “Why don’t they call it Up Syndrome. He seems to be so happy.”

Ah. The mind of a child. Beautiful.

predator on March 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

CUDA

Metro on March 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM

He died in 2001-but my guess is that he was.
It would explain a lot.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

That brief description you gave was a ‘classic’ example as given in John Robinson’s book; “Look Me In The Eye”.

Based on your age, it sounds like he died “too young”.

My last surviving grandparent passed away in March 2005, age 97.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I used to live near Balmoral Racetrack in Crete, IL.
They do harness racing.
CUBBIES!!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Used to race there sometimes.
ORIOLES!!

katy the mean old lady on March 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

The backup QB who never sees the field is always the knight on the white horse.

rickyricardo on March 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Bitter Clinger
on March 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I think it would change things.

Hillary won the popular vote in the last primary; Super Delegates put Barack over.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Conservatives are foolish to defend Sarah Palin. She is a know nothing rube! It is time for her leave the national spotlight for good.

Zime on March 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:07 AM

He was 59-but looked 90.
Complications from Crohn’s.
He’d be 70 this July.
I was happy when he died.
Now I miss him…sometimes.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:13 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yeah, a little guy you’d like to hug and tickle just to see more smiles.

INC on March 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Zime on March 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

S I G H
Can we arrange a “battle of wits” between you two?

My money’s on Sarah.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yeah, a little guy you’d like to hug and tickle just to see more smiles.

INC on March 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Autistics aren’t exactly known for their sense of empathy-but because I’m different too…Trig Palin and Bella Santorum are precious to me. If I can speak out in MY defense-I can certainly use my voice to defend little angels like them!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yeah, a little guy you’d like to hug and tickle just to see more smiles.

INC
on March 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Right on! : )

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Have any of you who are turning this site into your personal chat room considered Facebook? It used to be that HA was one of the sites that stuck to the subject and the old friends didn’t monopolize the comments with their personal chit chat. Go to pjamas or red state if you really want to create a nice girly party line for personal gossip.
I recognize some of you and it is disappointing to see you waste your talents and opinions on this inane crap.

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Please, God!

joe_doufu on March 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I’ve been here for almost 5 1/2 years.

I’ve made a lot of HA friends in that time.
I’m not the only one.

No one appointed you hall monitor.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Oh stop. A palin thread is so much fun, they could probably get away with a cover charge.

Go White Sox.

wolfsDad on March 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

The Libs do not fear her anymore. She threw it all away.

Now she’s just a what-could-have been.

Pick your Progressive Big Gov loving, freedom killing poison America.

America’s chicken came home to woost (at 1600 Pennslyvania Ave).

PappyD61 on March 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Go White Sox.

wolfsDad on March 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

NEVER!!!
CUBBIES!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Ouch, ooch, ouwie, oof, arrr, splat

DoubleClutchin on March 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

That kind of character trait varies from one autistic to another.

Most people measure autism by the “lowest common denominator” in terms of character traits.
For example; an autistic with ‘low sympathy’ character traits seems almost “robotic”, and that can include a near “mono-toned” voice.
People who meet such an autistic will come away believing ALL autism carriers are like that.

My experience is that autism amplifies a persons “good traits”, AND “bad traits”.

It tends to make “carriers” an idiot/genius of sorts, and people who don’t understand it only see the “idiot”.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

POST DELETED BY POSTER TO SAVE HIS POSTING PRIVILEGES (he hopes).

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Go White Sox.

wolfsDad on March 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Shhhhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . .

Don’t go giving the Hotair.com staff any ideas.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

listens2glenn on March 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

My bad. And good luck twerp, everyone should get to experience what we did in ’05 at least once.

wolfsDad on March 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Of course Palin’s approval ratings are more positive – she hasn’t been throwing and taking punches. It’s also easier to “like” someone who isn’t in the contest and can stay above the fray.

Adjoran on March 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

wolfsDad on March 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I live in Ranger territory…and in 2005(during the WS) me and a friend stood on the corner of Michigan Ave/Randolph and screamed, ‘Let’s Go ASTROS!’
Sux will ALWAYS sux!
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

You’ve always seemed verbally empathic.

INC on March 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Don’t you get tired of arguing all the time? A sense of community is a good thing. Things usually ease up late at night. It’s far better than acrimony 24/7.

Since this thread is about Palin I thought I’d bring up her family. The same old slanders keep being brought up no matter how many times they’ve been shredded. My head’s killing me right now, and I have no real drive to go down that route again at the moment.

Here ya go for a political comment: I like Palin. I respect Palin. I knew about her before her veep nomination, and what I knew of her then I liked. She’s astute, and she has a knack for going straight to the target. Do I think she’s perfect? No. I do know she’s been through attacks the last few years that would make most of us blench and quit, but she’s still standing, smiling and making waves.

I like the quote from her Fallon had on another page:

“We’re going to stay happy and may we always be happy and may our enemies know it.”

That’s her. Keep ripping her apart, but she’ll keep on going.

INC on March 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I’m curious whether the blatant hit-piece Game Change moved those numbers up on her. Or whether she benefits from the halo of not having had to participate in the primary feces fight. In any event, good on Palin for returning to the level she should be at.

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2012 at 1:21 AM

A number of observations

- This poll came out after:

A book was published in the fall to much media hype, which was designed to destroy Governor Palin’s reputation; and,

(Side Note: The book fizzled after the NYT wrote a very harsh review.)

The release of HBO’s Game Change, earlier in March, which was heavily promoted and was a clear effort by certain elements within the Republican party, lead by Schmidt and Wallace, aided and abetted by the Democratic party to destroy Governor Palin’s reputation.

(Side note: There was strong push back against the movie, with Schmidt and Wallace being rightly labelled as traitors who told a false story designed to protect themselves from their own failures.)

So to suggest that Governor Palin has not been under attack, akin to the type of expensive negative attack campaigns that have been launched in the GOP Presidential Primary campaign, is disingenuous.

- Allahpundit writes Here’s the one data set I can’t explain, though. “Very” and “somewhat conservative” make sense, but what’s up with liberal Republicans? I thought the David Frum wing of the party loathes Palin:

In the polling data, the David Frum wing is represented by Moderates. Very liberal and liberal Republicans includes people who are very libertarian or somewhat libertarian. Very liberal and liberal Republicans would be attracted to Governor Palin because she has a very “healthy libertarian streak” and is not part of the “holier than thou crowd” in the Republican party.

- To those who suggest that Governor Palin did not have the guts to run, the short answer is b.s.

Since Senator McCain’s announcement that Governor Palin was his VP nominee, she and her family have been under constant attack from Republicans as well as Democrats.

Yet, despite the vilest of attacks, she has continued to stand tall and push the conservative message.

She stated her reasons when she announced her decision not to run. End of story.

- Finally, as to the suggestion that if Romney is the nominee, the Romney campaign would be better of stiff arming Governor Palin in an effort to attract independent voters…good luck with that idea.

john.frank on March 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Can you set some ground rules about what type of chatter is acceptable?

tom daschle concerned on March 24, 2012 at 1:28 AM

INC on March 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Your always welcome over at QOTD. Just bring a tune. ; )

Bmore on March 24, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Palin’s favorability higher among Republicans than Romney’s or Santorum’s

Isn’t that like being the tallest midget?

xblade on March 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Dude, get the meds adjusted, k? I don’t hate Palin, just wouldn’t be supporting her in the primary if she were running. If you can’t understand the distinction well, that’s your problem.

changer1701 on March 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM

And if Palin was in the same position as Romney is now, would you be screaming for the other candidates to drop out of the race and unite behind her? For some odd reason, I doubt it.

JannyMae on March 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Your always welcome over at QOTD. Just bring a tune. ; )

Bmore on March 24, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Hey, thanks!

I saw your question. I don’t remember seeing inspectorudy before, but the way my brain is working at the moment I could be wrong. If he’s been here before, it’s been a while.

INC on March 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

How’s this for the kind of intelligent conversation you are looking for:

I belch and pass gas simultaneously directly towards you. I’d light them both but I want you to get the full flavor.

cozmo on March 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Powers that be, how much more than that do you need for a banning?

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

The way you talk to people, here on this thread, and wishing a fiery death on a few of us yesterday, you have the gall to post this?

Wow.

JannyMae on March 24, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Looking in before bed. FWIW, I wasn’t commenting earlier about folks having lighthearted OT banter at the end of this thread. It was the folks going at each other throats.

hawkdriver on March 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Doesn’t take much to convince me….

Let’s send this sucker to the convention, broker it, and finish it with Palin and Allan West 2012.

Issue resolved.

And, as usual, no parting gifts for Mittens.

However, I’m not a cruel, heartless man. I recognize Mitt has some “supporters”. If he’d like to speak at 3pm ET on the Thursday of the convention right before Thaddeus McCotter, the slot is his. But he gets 15 minutes tops (and I will be enforcing the time limit).

shannon76 on March 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Hawkdriver
we knew that, now head over to QOTD, and have some fun!

angrymike on March 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM

hawkdriver on March 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Good night hawkdriver, you can always post a song at QOTD ya know. ; )

Bmore on March 24, 2012 at 2:23 AM

angrymike on March 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Look at us great minds think a like?

Bmore on March 24, 2012 at 2:24 AM

inspectorudy on March 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

^I agree.

bluegill on March 24, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I am not a frequent poster but I am an avid reader of HA. After a while you get to “know” the posters and enjoy each of their unique “personalities.” I find there is a group that I usually agree with and there are always posters who make me scratch my head and wonder why they are so angry. I enjoy a Palin thread because someone always asks a question to an anti-Palin poster about which policies Gov. Palin espouses they don’t agree with and usually there is no answer to that question. She is consistently conservative. She gets out there and states her position unequivocally despite the venom that is thrown her way by even those within her own party. I have read through this entire thread and most of the negative comments are personal ones. Why? Gov. Palin is a happy warrior. She is focused on what is wrong with Obama’s agenda and isn’t afraid to bring it to him. I would have loved to see her run and I do believe she would have won because she reaches the great unwashed, those of us in flyover country who are drowned out by the elite establishment wing of the party. Hers would have been a true grassroots driven race, but alas, that is not going to happen. We are, once again, going with the “it’s his turn candidate” with questionable conservative core principles who’s burn on Obama is that he is in over his head. I hope to high heaven that Mr. Romey has the stuff needed to defeat Obama because the very fate of this country will be in the hands of the candidate who wins this election. I would be much more comfortable with a principled conservative who will fight to the death for this nation’s very soul because this is the most important election of my life time. It will define us as a people. We will either be free or we will become slaves to the government. What we need is someone who will relish the fight, will not lose focus, and will get up everyday knowing the fate of a nation is on his shoulders. In my humble opinion Mr. Romney is not that guy. If he gets the nod, which seems almost certain, I hope he loves this country enough to fight for it every minute of everyday of the campaign.

JannyMc on March 24, 2012 at 5:08 AM

No Palin, no peace.

emperor norton

renalin on March 24, 2012 at 5:33 AM

There is a reason for Sarah Palin’s popularity among Republicans and why she is more porpular than Romney or Santorum. She is a true Reaganite conservative. Romney is clearly not a Reaganite conservative; he even voted for Jimmy Carter and Walter Mondale. Rick Santorum is a social conservative and is far more conservative than Romney generally, but Rick did vote for Big Labor bills and did vote for big Government spending in the 2001-2006 period.

Phil Byler on March 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM

^I agree.

bluegill on March 24, 2012 at 4:39 AM

You hateful crap is what brings the site down a notch or two. Lighten up.

hawkdriver on March 24, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Your

hawkdriver on March 24, 2012 at 7:15 AM

BS. Independents elect presidents, not Republicans or Democrats.

rhombus on March 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Palin should be out raising money for the GOP and criticizing Obama.

albill on March 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Because Republicans love a loser-quitter and will not tolerate a winner. Republicans play to lose all the time. They wouldn’t give a hoot in Hell for a candidate who won and laughed.

ray on March 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

What has Sarah Palin ever done to you Romney supporters and your guy Romney to deserve to be attacked every time there’s a thread about her here?

journeymike on March 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM

They know in their gut that Palin could clean Romney’s clock.

BS. Independents elect presidents, not Republicans or Democrats.

rhombus on March 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM

BS. You win over your base first and the work outwards from there. You don’t run for the middle FIRST. The GOP is doing it bassackwards this year, as they will learn to their sorrow in November.

Yeah, right. As if Palin had never been a target of ”
sustained attacks” before. LOL

ddrintn on March 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM

ray on March 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

So let’s go with a guy who’s won only one election in his career, and that with less than 50% of the vote, and then bailed on the state when his approval numbers hit the 30s and he was certain of losing his re-election bid — and the let’s pretend that he’s some sort of god of electability!!!! Real winner there.

ddrintn on March 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Well…imagine that.
It’s almost like we’re a Center-Right nation…or something.

kingsjester on March 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM