Gallup: Romney’s lead over Santorum the widest in weeks

posted at 4:15 pm on March 23, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Rick Santorum still leads in Louisiana, but the three-quarters of voters there who think Mitt Romney will still be the nominee might be right. According to Gallup’s daily tracking poll, the former Massachusetts governor has the widest lead he’s had in weeks:

Romney has the backing of 40% of registered Republicans nationwide, while Santorum comes in with 26%, according to Gallup’s daily tracking poll.

The 40% threshold also marks the highest point ever for Romney (or any other candidate) since the daily survey began measuring support in early November.

The poll shows a six-point increase for Romney since Tuesday, the same day he won the Illinois primary. Meanwhile, Santorum dropped four points in the same time period.

So dies the myth that Mitt Romney can’t attract more than 25 percent of the vote? Perhaps it wasn’t a ceiling, but a floor, after all. That’s the most positive part of this poll — that Republicans might rally after all to whoever becomes the nominee even if that nominee is Romney.

Still, the news that trickles in day after day about Romney’s likelihood to be the nominee makes the primary significantly less interesting. The other candidates presumably wouldn’t stay in the race for no reason and, in Rick Santorum’s case, it’s safe to assume he still envisions a path to the nomination to himself. It’s a path that hinges on stopping Romney, though, and, right now, given the states that hold primaries in April, it’s hard to see how he’ll hoard enough delegates from Romney to force the national convention to be contested. He’ll win Louisiana, yes, but what next? Maryland, D.C. or Wisconsin, all of which hold primaries April 3? Romney leads Wisconsin by 13! The Northeastern locations of the majority of the April 24 primaries are also favorable to Romney. He’ll be strong in Connecticut, Delaware, New York and Rhode Island. Santorum will presumably be able to count on Pennsylvania.

If, after Alabama and Mississippi, the question was whether the nomination would be won by math or momentum, the question now is whether the primary can possibly be won without either.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s no wonder that some Romney supporters eventually are driven to start lashing back.

bluegill on March 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I just roll my eyes at the more hostile ABRs, let ‘em stew in it, and move on to a thread that isn’t as likely to make my blood pressure shoot up. Life’s too short.

Yes, I’m a squish. Since Mitch Daniels decided not to run, my top choices were Pawlenty and Romney. I guess I just have a higher tolerance for boring than most people here.

Romney/Daniels 2012! My Men Mitt and Mitch!

JimLennon on March 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Or maybe Carly Fiorina.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Oh God No.

BacaDog on March 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

HA has great commenters. No one has ever been hateful towards me.

Yes, it’s time for all the Willard sock puppets, mobies and trolls to build bridges and reach across the aisle in the spirit of friendship with the real conservatives–though it still not enough to make us actually go vote for Willard. That’s a bridge too far.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

So Mitt loses it when he hears about robo calls to Democrats to vote for Sanatorium in Michigan(even though Mitt supported democrats votes in New Hampshire).

Now Santorum “loses” it and it goes viral on Hot Gas…sup’ with that?

BTW, we have to support Mitt now? Why should I throw my beliefs out the window and defend Romney-care?

Obama is gearing up for a Mitt nomination…how is Mitt going to make his case to us over Obama? Is Mitt going to run on negative adds and not his record?

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

We keep hearing about a lack of enthusiasm for Romney? Well, I am more than happy to help, even in my own small little way, dispell that stupid notion.

bluegill on March 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

More like orgasmic in a homosexual way….

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

You’re projecting. Again.

alchemist19 on March 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I need to see the whole Cavuto thing…that video ends to quickly. I love a good meltdown.

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

So this crazy guy is going to have our nuke codes? Stick a fork in him… Santorum is all done!

BobScuba on March 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Well…are you better off with Obama’s grasp on them Nuke’ codes?

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Here it is!!!

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

^ Full interview…

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM

VIDEO: Rick Santorum’s meltdown on Cavuto today

bluegill on March 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Sooo Bluegill I guess in a rush Media Matter provided you with a phone interview , ha where is the Vid.?

evergreenland on March 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Santorum will presumably be able to count on Pennsylvania.

Because he did so well there in his last election.

irishspy on March 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM

i posted this else where … something a friend sent me …

I see the same type of arguments from some posters at Michelle Malkin. A RINO Romney may be, a revolutionary socialist with the goal of destroying evil imperialist AmeriKKKa and its Constitution of negative liberties written by dead white men, he isn’t.

I am ABR in the primary … will probably write someones name in …. Like Paul …

but I have always been ABO in the general ….

conservative tarheel on March 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Because he did so well there in his last election.

irishspy on March 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM

….and Mitt was doing so poorly in Mass he didn’t run for re-election. Would have lost to Deval Patrick. And this was after he gave them Romney-care, ect.

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Voters have seen the true Sanitarium — disoriented and drowning and desperate. Putz.

Jaibones on March 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Here it is!!!

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

VIDEO: Rick Santorum’s meltdown on Cavuto today

bluegill on March 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Good work on getting those up so fast folks.

“We the people-not me”… Whatever.
He’s failing. It’s like watching a drowning man trying to get air.
Time to call it a day.

V7_Sport on March 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

GOPRanknFile, I have aligned with much of what you have posted here, even when I haven’t chimed in. For example, I thought you were spot-on in your analysis of Delaware and Nevada. One thing bothered me about an early posting of yours, though:

… Obama can be beaten but to think that anyone on that stage can beat Obama with the money he’ll raise and the advantages of incumbency is ludicrous. Newt is brilliant…perhaps the biggest thinker in politics but he has so much personal and political baggage that Democrats are salivating at the thought of going up against him in the general election.

GOPRanknFile on December 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Doesn’t sound like a “Romney supporter” to me.

What did you mean by you think it is ludicrous that any of the Republican candidates can beat Obama?

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Well I screwed up the closing of that blockquote. Everything after the date line was meant to be outside of the blockquote.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Santorum is wrong on one thing. Mass doesn’t have “government run health care”. That would be Canada or the UK. Mass requires that people have health INSURANCE. Mass doesn’t “run” the health care business and Romneycare was specifically designed to get the state OUT of being even in the insurance business.

Mass has privately run healthcare with private insurance except for those near the poverty level who do get state INSURANCE as they do in many states.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM

So to say that Romney supports “government run healthcare” is absolutely untrue. Romney worked to AVOID government run anything in Mass. and to leave the running of it in private hands.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I hope not, Emperor Norton. I’m a Mittbot. I’ve had my ass kicked by some of the ABR crowd as much as anyone, and I’ve given as good as I’ve got. I’ve also had some great debates with people who do not agree with my position, and would like to think that once or twice I managed to get a point across.

Santorum is imploding today, and it is not a pretty sight. It is especially not pretty for those who have supported him, for whatever reason. Santorum supporters feel this a hell of a lot more than we Mittbots do, so why bother to get an extra kick in. Dead is dead.

The question is, where do we go from here? I’ve made the argument that Romney does not need the ABR base to win this election. I’m asking you, in all seriousness, to prove me wrong. Not by staying home, and possibly denying Romney the win, but by getting behind Romney, with a measure of enthusiasm, to put him over the top in a way that repudiates everything Barack Obama and the Democrats stand for. I think you can do it. I think that if Jim DeMint can find a few nice things to say about Romney, you can to.

It’s time for True Conservatives, Conservatives, and Moderates to unite and throw the usurper out of the White House. Let him go to the U.N., his true home country, where he belongs. It’s time to retire the ABR meme. It’s ABO time now, and Romney is the last guy standing.

Mr. Arkadin on March 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

A lot of commenters had said by the time the election rolls around, just about any candidate would be able to beat Barack Obama. I disagree with that. He has the power of the office and incumbency behind him. It won’t be easy to beat him. So I think it’s naive to think that it would be easy for anyone to beat him.

I’ve said it from the beginning and I’ll say it again…I think Romney gives us the best chance to beat Obama and if things continue to get worse, I think Romney will beat Obama. Santorum is a maybe and Newt has no chance. That’s what I was saying. When I said, “Obama can be beaten but to think that anyone on that stage can beat Obama with the money he’ll raise and the advantages of incumbency is ludicrous,” I wasn’t saying that no one could beat Obama. I was saying that it would take the right candidate, which is why I said as brilliant as Newt is, I don’t think he could beat Obama.

GOPRanknFile on March 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Santorum’s meltdown on Cavuto is unbelievable.

Whatever your view on Romney, can we not all agree that Santorum simply does not have the right temperament to be President?

Do you really think 51% of Americans would EVER trust this guy to be leader of the Free World?

Santorum was never taken seriously when he threw his hat in the ring for good reason. He’s a joke, 3rd tier candidate that’s simply a vessel for people who hate Romney.

BradTank on March 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Romney’s ppl. are overreacting I did’t see a meltdown this is how he is we saw him doing the same in every debate so nothing new.
you will get your wish Mitt will be nominated and will lose badly , IMO part of the commenters and voters who are putting him as a frontrunner are Dems, playing with our nomination process and enjoying it.

evergreenland on March 23, 2012 at 5:36 PM

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Like Obamacare, Romneycare forces a person into an insurance program against their wishes. Where is the freedom in that?

Obama used Romneycare as a blueprint to build his anti-American bill so Mitt has a lot of baggage from this and how is he going to defend himself against Obama if he were to be the nominee?

People are going to look at both of them and assume they were separated at birth.

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I live in mass. Massachusettes does dictate what has to be in health plans. HOWEVER they dictated this before Romneycare existed and they still dictate.

there are NO inexpensive plans because when Romneycare was created the legislature insisted that the plans be equal to existing plans

gerrym51 on March 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM

That was not presidential. It was shrill…he sounded like a spoiled child. Are you kidding me!!!

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM

One thing Romney supporters could do, and this would so totally deflate some on the left, is to take the “Mittens” moniker and turn it around on them. Embrace it. Make it a term of endearment like Americans did with the term “Yankee Doodle” during the Revolution. Wear your mittens with pride to Romney rallies. Hang your mittens in your office cube. Hang a pair of knit mittens from your rear view mirror. Take that word said with a tone of derision and make it onto a term of endearment.

Sometimes very small things can have a larger impact. It takes some of the wind from their sails when they go on about “Mittens” as if the name is an insult and you proudly show them yours.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Massachusettes does dictate what has to be in health plans.

As far as I know, all 50 states do that. Connecticut, for example, says health care has to cover hair transplants.

Each state has their own mandated list of coverage requirements already.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM
More like orgasmic in a homosexual way….

b1jetmech on March 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

…Hey! I felt like I was naked and getting wet, every time she would come on and start gushing! No homo…it’s too late for me, to have those latent feelings! (well…my 18 year old son won’t hug me anymore…say’s “no dad-that’s gay”….but my daughter’s do!)

KOOLAID2 on March 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Well, all but those not named Rick Santorum and a few stragglers at H/A, anyway.

Yes, and that is the reason this farce has gone this long. Everyone who has been at all honest with themselves and not brain dead knew that Mitt was the nominee. The media has been playing the horse race game to keep viewers and readers. That’s all that has kept the last holdouts in the “race.”

MJBrutus on March 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM

whats going to be funny to see here in a couple months: the MSM is doing evertyhing they can to target romney and tank him. and making sure all these squish stories are elevated and reported. he’s a moderate, yeah! once romney does win the nom, they will then have to start telling everyone what a severe conservative he is and that he will kill grandma and take away the 30-something urban single womens birth control. that turn will be more fun to watch than romneys post 50 conservative “conversion”.

t8stlikchkn on March 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Santorum’s “we being me” thing reminds me of slick willy’s parsing.

rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Bring out the gong.

EddieC on March 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM

The Cavuto interview was Santorum at his worst. He’s done.

Jaibones on March 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM

The question is, where do we go from here? I’ve made the argument that Romney does not need the ABR base to win this election. I’m asking you, in all seriousness, to prove me wrong. Not by staying home, and possibly denying Romney the win, but by getting behind Romney, with a measure of enthusiasm, to put him over the top in a way that repudiates everything Barack Obama.
Mr. Arkadin on March 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Where do they buy that measure of enthusiasm? maybe Romney can start a business for that.
He is boring ,he is robotic ,shows no emotions and when he tries he comes off pathetic.
And I can’t get to the comments you made few days ago, about nonRomney ppl. they were very offensive , and now you ask us to help him win?

evergreenland on March 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Since when were those qualifications for the office of President of the United States? Those sound more like qualifications for standup comic or entertainer or TV celebrity.

I’ll tell you who that describes to a “T” is George HW Bush and frankly, most of the Presidents we have had. I don’t think being dramatic is a requirement for President.

Doesn’t matter at this point, anyway. It’s over. Romney won.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Am I the only guy that likes a “boring” statesman to be my President?

I get so sick of this “Romney can’t win because he’s boring”
Ask Nixon how he won 49 states?

And whatever Romney lacks in excitemen,t Santorum makes up for it spades with being an unhinged weirdo.

The election is going to come down to two questions:
Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

and if not:
is the other guy competent enough to fix it?

I see the American people being HUNGRY for someone like Romney after 4 years of the American Idol Presidency.

BradTank on March 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM

evergreenland on March 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM

A couple of days I wrote that Romney did not need the ABR base to win. I may or may not be correct. I’m asking you to prove me wrong. Not by staying home and possibly causing him to lose, but by being the people that put him over the top in a way that repudiates everything Barack Obama and the Democrats stand for.

If you do that, Romney wins, the country wins, and you win. Because you will have a big say in how Romney does business. Because he will owe you.

Mr. Arkadin on March 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

In other words…

…the Mittbots are droppin’ the Mittbomb!

Boom-chaka-laka, kiddies.

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We could all get along and move forward if we could learn to compromise. All it will take is for those opposed to Romney to admit santorum is a tool bait and for everyone else to ridicule him. We could do so much if we just agreed to work together. We the people, we is me.

Rusty Allen on March 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

How about hanging a Willard action figure from my rear-view mirror?

The one outside the car.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Santorum is imploding today

I support Gingrich. But you knew that.

Pappy Bush owed us, too. Big time. So he stabbed us all in the back and raised taxes.

Read my lips: No new RINOs.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM Read my lips: wilderness
And Newt ain’t got no Boy Scout skills.

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Not a bad idea. The only downside would be from ABRs who say “Oh those stupid Romney people are too clueless to know this is how we make fun of him”. When I was in the music biz and nude photos of Vanessa Williams came out I suggested she pose for centerfolds for music biz mags… wearing a Chanel Suit or something similarly chic and modest, with teaser on cover saying “Vanessa Williams centerfold inside”. Like you said, embrace it.

Buy Danish on March 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM

The undeniable underlying fact here being that, at the most, Santorum is merely a regional candidate with very limited appeal.

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

AP: the most positive part of this poll — that Republicans might rally after all to whoever becomes the nominee even if that nominee is Romney.

Even if you might think your hometown football team stinks on ice, you still want them to beat the other team.

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Au contraire, perhaps you want them to throw the game, or even better the whole season. Then they’ll get better draft choices next time around, and you’ll really show them then.

slickwillie2001 on March 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

He’s never ever been a movement conservative. Romney’s not either but Romney also wasn’t in politics his whole life, and hasn’t recently been campaigning with thug Union Bosses and generally sounding like an uptight priss for months on end.

Swerve22 on March 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

slickwillie2001 on March 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Meh – I’ve only run into a very limited, very few number of conspiracy theories that seem to have any merit to me.

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

For those that haven’t a clue how much the lunatic-left d-cRAT socialist extremists have destroyed American values, American society, American government, and the freedoms and liberties of Americans, I hope they at least consider this:

A flip-flopping, etch a sketch, RINO, say-anything to get nominated, unprincipled, conviction-less, out-of-touch, mega-millionaire, corporate raider, romneycare candidate for president is still infinitely better than the current president !

TeaPartyNation on March 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I can’t wait till 2014 when national Romneycare is implemented fully and the retards cheering for him can’t defend it.

tom daschle concerned on March 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM

You underestimate them. They would keep defending him. They might have to get their talking points from a special commission created for that purpose, but they would spout them loyally.

tom on March 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Swerve22 on March 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Santorum is like Jerry Brown, in the respect that he’s destined to be nothing more than a humorous footnote to a national campaign. But unlike Brown, he has no future in the party after this episode. Brown is at least bright enough to know that you don’t crap on your own party.

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Santorum’s “we being me” thing reminds me of slick willy’s parsing.
rubberneck on March 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Invoking the royal “We”, as Santorum does, has never gone over too well.

whatcat on March 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Read my lips: No new RINOs.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Best thing I’ve read today.

tom on March 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Read my lips: wilderness
M240H on March 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Oh, the threat is now that we must support Willard, or be sent to the wilderness with no political power.

Do these Willard supporters think that everyone in the US is either a political consultant, a political pundit, a columnist, a lobbyist, or a poli sci major, all living inside the Beltway? Why, yes, I think they do!

I say, “Nuts.”

That’s nonsense. The worst that could happen is conservatives getting no political power inside the Republican Party. When Preston Manning couldn’t get influence with Canada’s Progressive Conservative party, he started the Reform Party, which lately won a majority as the [re-christened] Conservative Party of Canada. The PCs were pretty much extinct as a party in 5 years.

Remember, if the conservatives don’t support Willard, he will lose and he will have no favors to dole out. In that case, Willard will lose badly to Obama. Part of that is because nobody really wants to vote for a man who looks like the guy who just laid you off.

If conservatives stay home, it’s Willard who’s in the wilderness.

And it’s not enough for Willard to pick a conservative as VP. That only benefits the RINO at the top of the ticket, not the other way around.

Willard has shown no understanding of the pernicious influence of the Federal Reserve on the Federal budget. The Fed enables the huge deficits by enabling the politicians to spend more. The Fed does that by expanding the Fed’s balance sheet.

Ron Paul knows about the destructive policies of the Fed, so in that regard, he’s preferable to Willard. And if Iran is vaporized soon, then Ron Paul’s foreign policy naivete doesn’t really hurt him too much.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Today I asked the Louisiana-born dept manager who he thought was going to ‘take’ LA.
He hissed out, ‘Romney!’

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

pffft.

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM

More leftist Romneybot spin to try to deflect from etch-a-sketch.

Etch-a-sketch is sticking. It isn’t going away. Too bad for you botboys.

I don’t even like Santorum but it is soooooooooooooo obvious that the threat of a brokered convention is driving you Romneybot leftists botboys nuts.

Etch-a-sketch, etch-a-sketch, hahahahahahahahah.

Even Krauthhammer says that it’s a fatal blow. Etch-a-sketch!

Etch you!

Jayrae on March 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Jayrae on March 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

pffft.

the threat of a brokered convention

pffft.

Mittbomb 2012

M240H on March 23, 2012 at 8:59 PM

There is not going to be a brokered convention.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM

do you think the ABRtards know the difference???…

jimver on March 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Romney’s lead over Santorum the widest in weeks

Everyone get on the Dole McCain Romney bandwagon!

Mr Galt on March 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I didn’t think anything could be stupider than the Christine O’Donnell fiasco.

But the same TC’s who were thrilled that she beat Castle–even though it was obvious she’d go on to be defeated by a far-left Dem–are now proudly boasting that they won’t support Romney. Even if it means four more years of Obama.

O’Donnell was running to be just one of 50. This is about the presidency. The leader of the free world. The future of the republic.

Vowing to vote third party or sit at home isn’t just stupid. It’s weapons-grade stupid.

What the frick is wrong with you people?

Meredith on March 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Everyone get on Romney bandwagon!

Mr Galt on March 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

everyone with a brain…anyone else need not apply..

jimver on March 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Everyone get on the Romney bandwagon!

Mr Galt on March 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Or Obama’s. That’s the only choice you have at this point. If you aren’t on the Romney bandwagon, then you are on the Obama bandwagon.

crosspatch on March 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM

At this point, it’s time to face reality: the campaign is over, and Romney has won. You don’t have to like him – he certainly hasn’t run a campaign to win the hearts and minds. But you do have to recognize it will be him or it will be Obama. No third party candidate will win a single Electoral Vote.

If you do NOT support our nominee, the reason doesn’t matter. Neither does it matter if you vote for Obama, a third party candidate, leave the top line blank, or just stay home altogether. Any of those helps Obama get reelected, the only difference is one of degree.

Even if you live in a “deep” red or blue state, your vote counts. Remember 2000 and how the Democrats tried to use Gore’s narrow popular vote margin as some sort of leverage? Well, if a million voters hadn’t not voted because of the Bush DUI story the weekend before the election, his victory would have been clear. You never know when your vote will “count” in a critical way.

Now, it’s your vote and your right. Just don’t pretend that if you do anything EXCEPT vote for our nominee, you are in effect helping Obama. Take responsibility for your action, that’s all I ask.

Adjoran on March 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Get real. Every comment refers to Mittbama negatively as Mr. Etch-a-sketch. This is sticking like fly paper.

He’s toast!

Jayrae on March 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You fought a good fight, Rick. It’s time to unite behind Romneythrow in the towel and say hello to another 400,er 4 more years of obama bin laden.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 23, 2012 at

cableguy615 on March 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

At this point, it’s time to face reality: the country is over, and Romney has won. You don’t have to like him – he certainly hasn’t run an honest campaign to win the hearts and minds. But you do have to recognize it will be him or it will be Obama bin laden forn 4 more yrs.

Thanks rino mittbot eunuchs!

cableguy615 on March 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Good bye Sweater Vest. You won’t get another chance, you burned your bridges.

scotash on March 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Checked out the snippet on Cavuto. Not pretty.

He may carry through to Pennsylvania possibly on the hopes that a win their will be some kind of vindication considering his disastrous Senate loss in his last election in the state.

JoeinTX on March 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I’m about to piss off a whole hell of a lot of people, but I finally get it. I finally get what this whole debate that has spanned three articles on Hot Air is about.

I know why there are people who say they won’t ever vote for Romney

This isn’t about the country with them, it’s about conservatism.

It’s wrong to sell out conservative principles if what you’re doing is something the people in your state want and is Constitutionally fine to do but a Democrat can follow you and say “I used that as a template.”

It is okay to sell out your conservative principles as long as it is politically expedient for the Republican party.

It is okay to sell out conservative principles as long as your getting paid for it, like Newt did with Fannie Mae.

Let’s face it, if Romneycare was never implemented, we would’ve be having these discussions. But it did, and a Democrat used the “same” idea, let burn him at the stake.

The problem is, that there isn’t a single person here that hasn’t once acknowledged the threat posed by Obama and his radical views. We all know what is happening, and while many are ready to rally behind who ever to fight the same common threat we all face.

But the rest are perfectly fine letting the country rot because that person doesn’t fit their definition of a conservative.

BTW, those same people would gladly trade everything they are living through today for another four years of George W. Bush.

We all have the same problem. And by “we” I mean conservatives, republicans, libertarians, moderates, independents, even some democrats. That problems is called Barack Obama. He is trying to overhaul the American we all know and turn it into some grand Saul Alinsky vision of “fairness.”

There are people here willing to put ideology above country. They’re fine letting the country burn, if they can’t get a true conservative.

That’s why i’m saying it. It needs to be said. All of you who are screaming against Mitt are putting conservatism first, country second.

Pcoop on March 24, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Adjoran on March 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Thank you for your honesty …… we still have to primary … I will write in a name …. probably paul ….. however in Nov I will vote for against Obama …

conservative tarheel on March 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I really would like to know why so many RonMeBots support 0bamacare. Honestly, are they all useless socialists needing to suck away at the public teat?!?!

DannoJyd on March 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM

>>I don’t want some moron blowing a saxaphone on late night television, that’s not how I base my vote.

Agreed. And I’m for Romney rather than the Church Lady (Well isn’t that special!) Santorum…because I’m voting for a President
not a preacher.

raccoonradio on March 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Read my lips: No new RINOs.

Emperor Norton on March 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Best thing I’ve read today.

tom on March 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM

..then, as the guy said in the movie The Count of Monte Cristo, perhaps you should get out more often.

The War Planner on March 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Denial of the inevitable continues with the HA 35.

Bradky on March 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM