Video: College students analyze energy policy, Obama job performance

posted at 12:45 pm on March 22, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Here at Hot Air, we want to bring you only the tough, breaking news.  Where better to find breaking news than … spring break on the beach?  Fox’s Jesse Watters goes on assignment for The O’Reilly Factor and digs into the mindset of the youth vote on energy policy, economics, and, er … beer:

Stick around for the discussion afterwards, as Bill O’Reilly puts Jesse Watters on the hot seat for having selectively edited the interviews for the biggest laughs. He’s making a great point, of course; the comedic “man on the street” interviews rarely show the people who actually know the issues and facts because, well, it’s not terribly funny to watch someone who knows what they’re talking about. In the end, though, this segment is really all about having some fun, perhaps a bit at the expense of the students who weren’t told that math would be expected on spring break, and to see good-looking people on the beach.

Still, it doesn’t sound as if Barack Obama’s star is exactly rising among young voters, either.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Spring Breaking college students are usually idiots.

teacherman on March 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM

and vice versa….re: today’s OOTD. (and most priors, as well).

ted c on March 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Those are historical babes!

tom daschle concerned on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

The girls with the bigger boobs have an advantage. As always.

VegasRick on March 22, 2012 at 12:50 PM

If you are going 80MPH, how long does it take to go 80 miles?

unclesmrgol on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Captain Ed’s really cranking em out this morning.

SD Tom on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I never went anywhere, for any spring break. I made sure that I was caught up in all of my classes, and I outlined my notes for the finals … which were usually not too far down the road.

You taxpayers should’ve paid for my spring breaks … you should’ve sent me to Florida … or Hawaii … for a week. All expenses paid. I needed a break from studying. It would’ve been in my best interest.

I feel cheated. I should’ve had the taxpayers subsidizing my fun … er, mental health refreshing.

All of you can just go Fluke yourselves.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

What I see here is conclusive justification for raising the minimum age for voting to 35……maybe 40.

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

There is so much truth here! ^ v

The girls with the bigger boobs have an advantage. As always.

VegasRick on March 22, 2012 at 12:50 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM

“Beer prices are up.” Very true.

I wasn’t paying attention to anything else that was said during that video.

Nick_Angel on March 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM

also, paraphrasing that old adage:

“Attractive girls in bikinis should be seen and not heard.”

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Nice excuse for a bikini fashion show Ed. ; )

Bmore on March 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

“….this is the SEC” Hysterical!

January on March 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way

–Whitney Houston

Noooooooooooo!!!!

–rogaineguy

rogaineguy on March 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Makes you wonder if the 50K or more in debt they graduate with was worth it.

moo on March 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

The one in the pink gets an A+ for a couple of reasons. 99% unemployment was funny.

Southernblogger on March 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Don’t come back to the Redneck Riviera, Jesse, if you’re going to diss the SEC. BTW, why don’t you tell these beer brained idiots that they are the ones who will end up paying for all the govt spending for the rest of their lives.

Kissmygrits on March 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I’m torn between two snarky posts:

1. “And Bill O’Reilly wonders why so many people don’t take him seriously”

or

2. “No wonder O’Reilly has the highest ratings in cable news.”

I’ll go with number 2.

Captain Kirock on March 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I wonder if these people need free contraception too ..

burrata on March 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

If you are going 80MPH, how long does it take to go 80 miles?

unclesmrgol on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

It depends if your Volt goes up in smoke first or later.

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Why should a modern sexy college have to do all of that book learnin’ and, like, stuff? She’s all, like, pretty. Some rich, hot 1%-er will marry her and, like, totally take care of her.

HeckOnWheels on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

The only reason the voting age was lowered was because of the draft during the Vietnam War. It was sold as “not fair” that those who were drafted had no voice in electing the leaders who could send them into harm’s way. Basically giving them skin in the game.

The same case could be made today to deny those who don’t pay taxes (skin in the game) the right to vote. Which I’m in favor of, by the way.

Mitoch55 on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

college babe*

HeckOnWheels on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I wonder if these people need free contraception too ..

I might actually be willing to pay for it, providing it really does prevent them from reproducing.

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM

If you are going 80MPH, how long does it take to go 80 miles?

unclesmrgol on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

It depends if your Volt goes up in smoke first or later.

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Actually, a Volt can go neither 80 MPH or travel 80 miles.

Bitter Clinger on March 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Well that explains Mega Mac !

burrata on March 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Actually, a Volt can go neither 80 MPH or travel 80 miles.

Bitter Clinger on March 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Not even in Glacier Nat’l Park -downhill, with a long extension cord?

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I wonder if these people need free contraception too ..

burrata on March 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Probably. Although none of them seemed to be Georgetown law students.

Bitter Clinger on March 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Actually, a Volt can go neither 80 MPH or travel 80 miles.

Bitter Clinger on March 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Not even in Glacier Nat’l Park -downhill, with a long extension cord?

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Actually, they’ve solved the Volts problem -they no longer will weld the parts together -they’re gonna fuse it from now on -union fuses -made in China.

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Ugh…….

Just ugh.

blatantblue on March 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I remember. Even then, in my youth, I thought it would only be just to give the vote for those serving in the military, especially the combat troops, to vote, but not 18 year olds as a whole…..they hadn’t earned the responsibility and privilege. Still haven’t, in my opinion.

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM

If you are going 80MPH, how long does it take to go 80 miles?

unclesmrgol on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Depends on if you are in the ditch with Obama.
Spinning your tires at 80 MPH and going nowhere.

Electrongod on March 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Not even in Glacier Nat’l Park -downhill, with a long extension cord?

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Long as it’s being towed by an F350.

thirtyandseven on March 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

That story was all about the fun bags.

ElectricPhase on March 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Don L on March 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Brilliant. What could go wrong?

Bitter Clinger on March 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The most hilarious part is when the interviewer absolutely cannot stop his eyes from dropping down to boob-level when asking the follow-up question of the girl in the extremely well-filled salmon-pink bikini at around 0:45 into the tape.

He says “But how’d you get down here” and on “down here” his eyes look down from face to chest. Not sure why they even left that in the tape, if not to embarrass him — or maybe because they realize that everyone else’s eyes are doing the same thing.

Zombie on March 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I wonder if these people need free contraception too ..

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Beat me to it.

talkingpoints on March 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM

So, we’re back to the contraception thing again..?

d1carter on March 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Let’s party like there’s no tomorrow.

Paul-Cincy on March 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM

O my… I …wish I was not married! Plus, there usually aint nothing looking like that around these parts ….

anyways…. at least a few of them had some what of a clue. Mind you though, these people also vote so that should give you on some idea on why we get what we got for politicians…. including our GOP field.

watertown on March 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Winning The Future??

Electrongod on March 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Sorry but I lost it when they went to the back and forth in the studio. The producer continued the stereotype of southerners, they’re from SEC schools, no MENSA candidates, etc. and Bill played along for the laughs.

I am so sick and tired of all the crap southerners are expected to just take so that some midwestern corn farmer or New England bluenose can have a good laugh. But what do I know I’m just one of dumb ignorant southerners so my opinion, my vote, and my feelings matter not.

Just A Grunt on March 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

So, we’re back to the contraception thing again..?

What, the War on Women Bikini Babes?

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Mitoch55 on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

You’re in favor of denying the right to vote to people who don’t pay a certain amount of money to the government that you think they should? So, basically, a poll tax. Yeah, good luck with getting any politician to ever endorse that plan under any circumstances. Have fun with that.

theoddmanout on March 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Amazing how these coeds demonstrated the same level of understanding about world affairs and energy economics as Secretary Chu did in recent Congressional hearings.

Apparently math is not expected of Obama cabinet members either.

MessesWithTexas on March 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Well Just A Grunt, take solace in the differences of them vs. us. They get girls that look like Ashton Kutcher whining for free contraception and we have girls we’d gladly buy it for.

DanMan on March 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM

The “D” grade was not for Obama. It’s a cup measurement.

Archivarix on March 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Apparently math is not expected of Obama cabinet members either.

No. The only the ability needed is to carry out the bidding of Obeyme and his advisors. Now sticking to the script they are given daily and expected to follow does trip them up sometimes, much to the chagrin of Dear Leader.

hawkeye54 on March 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Just A Grunt on March 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Well, I’m nothing but a stupid Okie.

But, here’s what Will Rogers said about stupid Okies and California:

When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hmmm, for some reason this video reminds me of the James
Bond movie Diamonds are Forever.

Bad guy to Jill St. John

“such lovely cheeks, if only they were brains”

ToddPA on March 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Let them get jobs, support themselves, and pay taxes. Then they might have something intelligent to say.

rjh on March 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Zombie on March 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM

There was an interviewer in that clip? Wow! I totally missed him.

mwdiver on March 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Just A Grunt on March 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

It is the stereotype that I have used in my favor my entire working career. Don’t let the cat out of the bag, please…LOL

d1carter on March 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I love that girl with “Why was I chosen?”

I can give her two big reasons, right away.

mwdiver on March 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Never trust an intelligent young woman with large breasts on spring break.

rickyricardo on March 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Thought the video had great editing. Funny. Not used to that with O’Reilly.

Pablo Snooze on March 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Mitoch55 on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Amen to that!

College Prof on March 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM

it’s good to keep abreast of current events (*)(*)

CatchAll on March 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for the mammaries, Ed.

VibrioCocci on March 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am SO going to sell my bonds.

HeatSeeker2011 on March 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Honestly, it’s shocking how absolutely clueless some people are. I’d like to think people are smart enough to at least occasionally, look around them and wonder “who pays for all this stuff, if I’m getting wasted and trying to get laid at the beach?”. Or “who pays for me to go to college, anyway? I mean, I know I took out TENS OF THOUDANDS OF DOLLARS IN LOANS…but, like, WHERE did that money come from???”.

Obviously not.

Like the idiot who said she doesn’t care about gas prices because they don’t affect her…even though she DROVE to spring break. Nevermind how conceited and narcissistic her outlook on life and her country is, she obviously can’t think two seconds into the future.

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it.

KMC1 on March 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM

OK troops, we clearly have a lot of work to do!

Quick, find a bunch of college kids and start educating them about the upcoming election so they are ready to vote properly.

It is clearly going to take every minute between now and November to smarten’ up these kids.

…and yes, you can start by educating the particularly attractive ones, if you think that will help with troop morale.

wren on March 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Clearly, these people have no problem paying for their own contraception.

Zombie on March 22, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Note to Jesse Watters. This is the SEC. Right. Because all of the Ivy League Spring Breakers are at Zuccotti Park.

sandspur on March 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Just listening, you would think their cups were half empty…

cantaffordcollege on March 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM

To update an old and very naughty joke:

What is a woman?
A life support system for boobs.

Zombie on March 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Mitoch55 on March 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM

theoddmanout on March 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Typical lefty tactic. Mischaracterize a statement and then take issue and minimize the original point with the mischaracterization.

I said, those who don’t have skin in the game shouldn’t be allowed to determine how the game is played. I said, those who don’t pay taxes, NOT “a certain amount of money…”.

Nor did I say it would be easy.

Mitoch55 on March 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I applaud HotGas for keeping me abreast of this issue.

antisense on March 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Strange that so many more young women were interviewed than men. Must be some sort of coincidence.

But in all seriousness, do you really think you are going to find the really intelligent and informed students from any college on the beach for spring break? And I bet Watters’ e-mail is jammed from that totally unnecessary SEC crack.

Happy Nomad on March 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM

The South has the prettiest girls, the handsomest boys, the best football, the best beaches, the most military bases and the best troops. We love our country and will defend our way of life to the uttermost because we live it to the uttermost. We work hard and play hard. There is no place better than Dixie.

sandspur on March 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Zombie on March 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM

This is the reason that God invented sunglasses.

Personally, I like the girl in the turquoise bikini with the straw cowboy hat on, who gives O’Reilly a raspberry at about the 3 minute mark. She has attitude.

UltimateBob on March 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Well, now we can begin to form a mental image of crr6.

Can you say “melons”?

BobMbx on March 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Never trust an intelligent young woman with large breasts on spring break.

rickyricardo on March 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM

If you find one of these, you’ve had too much to drink.

BobMbx on March 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Happy Nomad on March 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM

What self-respecting male would talk to some dude wearing jeans while out on a beach during spring break?

LoganSix on March 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM

FOX News: The Beacon of Serious Journalism

joey24007 on March 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Spring Breaking college students are usually idiots.

teacherman on March 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM

labrat on March 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM

The girl who said her dad watches O’Reilly and was going to be embarrassed at seeing it was predicting the future when she said the national debt is 17 gazillion–cuz it probably will be for her grandkids. Wouldda been funny if Mattera had tacked on to the end either a male or female in a business suit who had most of the answers. Sounds like he got a nice hotel room, though.

stukinIL4now on March 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Spring Breaking college students are usually idiots drunk.

teacherman on March 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM

labrat on March 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM

OccamsRazor on March 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

All of you can just go Fluke yourselves.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Same here OSU. I worked instead which makes me the victim of a hate crime, presumably.

Time to launch a class action suit and fluke everyone over for denial of Spring Break Rights.

CorporatePiggy on March 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

The best part about this video? I only saw one set that looked fake. I give it a 98 out of 100. BTW, what was O’Reilly doing in this expose on cleavage?

NotCoach on March 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Do homeschool kids have Spring Break? If so, do they wear burqas?

KeninCT on March 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM

sandspur @ 2:26 pm

Right on, Brother !

teacherman on March 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I made it through about 90 seconds.

We are all so screwed.

RedNewEnglander on March 22, 2012 at 3:23 PM

KeninCT on March 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM

?????

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Of California, Crucifixions, and Cleopatra – California Teachers Unions decide they want to organize parents (so they can direct fundraising cash into union coffers) after I arrange for some non-PC programs. I also look at the plight of Egypt’s Christian community and update the status of Angelina Jolie’s Cleopatra.

Mutnodjmet on March 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM

bravo hotair for promoting this bottom feeding tittyfest masquerading as journalism

Dave Rywall on March 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Dave Rywall on March 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Do boobs scare you?

NotCoach on March 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Dave Rywall on March 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM

What you didn’t know Ed Morrissey is an Executive producer
of Girls Gone Wild productions?? s/c

ToddPA on March 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM

You may be a conservative Jesse, but go back to your liberal arts trinity college. The SEC doesn’t need you.

peacenprosperity on March 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Sucks = B+

viking01 on March 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

SEC bashing on The Factor. As a Big Ten man I don’t mind it, but it probably doesn’t help the ratings.

Ted Torgerson on March 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

DaveyR. was just hoping for more moobs.

CW on March 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

The worst part about this scenario is that we are ALL on the hook for their college loans. They are probably on the 5 year program with some obscure major that will render them complete unemployable. I call the JUNK BOND DIPLOMAS. It would be funny if Barry O hadn’t put all the college loan debt on our backs.
Like ya know, like totally, whatever!

IlonaE on March 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

It is amazing that IQ is inversely proportionate (sic) to breast size.

JimboHoffa on March 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

The necessity for IQ is inversely proportionate….

tom on March 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM

If you are going 80MPH, how long does it take to go 80 miles?

I dont know, I cant afford to pay for gas to go that far.

newportmike on March 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Chug! Chug! Chug!

WhatSlushfund on March 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Watched it on O last night. Jesse Watters kept putting the mike so that it was covering cleavage….nice racks nonetheless.
Best line: something about the fact that it was Obama’s strategy to f&^k up the economy.

RMCS_USN on March 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM