Santorum: Maybe America’s better off with Obama than taking a risk on an “Etch-a-Sketch” candidate

posted at 5:50 pm on March 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

Faced with the reality that his chances have collapsed, the Sweater Vest begins to unravel:

“You win by giving people a choice. You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who’s just going to be a little different than the person in there. If you’re going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk with what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate of the future,” Santorum told a crowd at USAA.

During a press avail following the event, Santorum, who carried the Etch A Sketch during his speech, argued that Romney knows he can’t win in the general election.

“All the things that allow Romney to win the primary are unavailable to him to win the general and that’s why you see these Etch A Sketch comments because he knows he can’t win,” said Santorum.

Romney issued a statement later saying he’s “disappointed to hear that Rick Santorum would rather have Barack Obama as president than a Republican.” Question for Team RS: What “risk” is there, exactly, that President Etch-a-Sketch would be worse than Obama? Even if his political instincts carry him towards the center, he knows he can’t stray too far from the base on big-ticket items like, oh, say, Supreme Court appointments. That’s a big difference, not a little difference, and a pro-life advocate as passionate as Santorum surely knows it. I’m no Romney fan, yet the only argument I can come up with in which The One is possibly maybe supposedly conceivably theoretically preferable to Romney is some sort of “only Nixon can go to China” reasoning. Only a Republican like Nixon could make nice with Mao because a Democrat would have been accused by the right of harboring secret communist sympathies. Nixon’s party ID immunized him from that; by the same token, you could argue that if an attack on Iran is inevitable it’s better that Obama gives the order than Romney because the anti-war left will roll over like puppies for him (again). You could, if you’re really daring, even argue that only a Democratic president can sign entitlement reform because partisan loyalty will help defang some of its many, many, many, many liberal opponents. I don’t buy the latter argument, though — I think it’s one of the few policy areas in which the left will be ferocious even in opposing a Democratic president, if not quite as ferocious as they’d be towards a Republican. (That’s one reason Obama hasn’t been aggressive about it despite his campaign promises about entitlements.) And as for Iran, are you willing to purchase relative liberal silence on an attack at the high price of trillions more in debt and a few new stridently liberal SCOTUS justices? I’ll pass.

I’m actually amazed he’s making this argument given the hard feelings it’ll engender among Republicans who’ll soon be rallying around Romney in an “anybody but Obama” fervor. Santorum’s sunk this time but he’s raised his profile significantly for 2016. Time to start thinking ahead strategically instead of letting bitterness run away with that yapper of his. Exit quotation from Byron York: “Asked what other plans Santorum had to call attention to the [Etch-a-Sketch] matter, [Santorum spokesman Alice] Stewart said, ‘Lots.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 13 14 15 16 17

We got the candidates that decided to run and now we have to pick from that selection. If you don’t like the selection then you don’t vote.

Jesse on March 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

that is such BS. Gingrich is still on the ballot, yet I shouldn’t campaign for him cuz it screams desperation and in fact he should just quit because he’s got no shot, right?

This isn’t a fair everybody-get-in-the-ring-and-we-vote process. There’s pressure on certain people not even to run. If they run there’s pressure on them to withdraw. And where is that pressure coming from? From elected officials and party hacks. From establishment media. From Fox. It’s rigged from the start and the people doing it know exactly how rigged it is. The same bubble that produces liberal media not connected to the real world produces conservative media that is not connected to the real world. We just suck it all down thinking since they’re on our side it must be the truth.

I can’t even comprehend how much of a wound we sustained with AB’s loss, frankly.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Drudge: “SANTORUM SNAPS: OBAMA PREFERABLE TO ROMNEY!”

Heh

EddieC on March 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

You showed up so they could pump you full of cancer killing meds. Since when isn’t that fighting cancer?

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I have discovered the easiest way to stop falsely being accused of being a troll on here is to indicate some inclination to voting for Romney over Obama.

Funny how that works. Who would have thought the troll accusations were the result of a bias for Romney? :)

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Rick Santorum needs to step down. His supporters need to admit defeat gracefully, suck it up and join the team for the big win.
The Resolute Desk on March 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

As a Santorum supporter, I’m not conceding defeat.
But why did you say that, Rick? (S i g h, shaking head)
I’ve already said I’m voting for the GOP nominee in November, no matter who.
Mitt’s still a lot better than “Barry.”

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I didn’t realize I put on boxing gloves and gave my cancer cells a beatdown. The toxic chemicals did all the work, I can’t take credit for it. Seems kidn of arrogant.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I bet you could find some quotes by Romeny basically saying Santorum is just as bad as Obama on this or that. They all do this.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I’m not sure I understand. I never said that you couldn’t back Newt. I’m ABO so I would vote for a ham sandwich before him. I might be in the minority but there it is. I just don’t see how some people staying home is going to stick it to the “establishment”. He gets 4 more years, then they stuck it to the country.

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

The relaity is there is a lot of truth to Santorum’s point if you compare Romney’s very liberal record in political power to Obama’s.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Right. Just think how much worse it would have been with President McCain instead of Obama. How awful would that have been?

Don’t be a Democrat tool.

BryanS on March 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I AM a delegate as well as a grass roots activist of over 10 years, BUT I never assisted ANY Liberal in getting elected. I regularly work as a poll watcher, and until you can claim any of the same do feel free to look in the mirror when using the term, Democrat Tool.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Buy Danish on March 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

BD, Nicole, however, did work for Romney before joinging the McCain campaign after Mitt withdrew. She also is on record as not voting for McCain on election day…

Gohawgs on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Huge. Irreplaceable. But Breitbart would never have advocated disunity in the fight against Obama. Like it or not, there comes a point where the unifying has to begin. I’m fine with it not being now, if there are those who feel that Romney needs his feet held to the fire a bit longer. But it has to end at some point.

Priscilla on March 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sometimes I feel like I will burn in hell if I disagree with Breibart on something, he’s become so lionized. I don’t remember him being seen this way when he was alive.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

We members of the TEA Party are working to put in enough CONSERVATIVE Senators that McConnell won’t have much of a choice to surrender to the liberal element. Today that is our game plan.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Understood. But, Mr. Chao has about as much backbone as the Spelunker of the House does…

Gohawgs on March 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Kelligan on March 22, 2012 at 10:41

It’s gotten bad over the last few years.
I try to play nice-but sometimes I show my fangs.

annoyinglittletwerp
on March 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM

That reminds me, I was at a small zoo today, and I saw Ocelots, Bobcat, Lynx, and Mountain Lions.
And also, Gray Wolves.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Lol. Don’t feel that way. He was a favorite when he was alive, at least for me. He was one of the loudest voices pushing back on the NY/DC GOP set. And like most noise, it is felt most acutely in its absence.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Don’t be a Democrat tool.

BryanS on March 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yes, yes, yes. That’s very nice. But then if you are going to claim Romney isn’t worth supporting over Obama while at the same time claiming to be a grass roots conservative activist, then you are being a Democrat tool. If you don’t realize that, than add fool to my list of insults.

BryanS on March 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

“I never assisted ANY Liberal in getting elected. I regularly work as a poll watcher, and until you can claim any of the same do feel free to look in the mirror when using the term, Democrat Tool.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM”

I was a poll captain for Allen West, can I call you a Democrat tool??? Does it really make a difference?

Anyway both campaigns failed, Rick could have uttered his message without re elect Obama part. Romney should fire that idiot, people are already suspicious and this staffer made it worse. CNN is not your friend, say it again campaign staffers, they are not your friends, just ask John McCain.

Africanus on March 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I don’t really remember him being much of a voice. He had those big government websites but I never looked at those much. The ACORN thing is probably more that O’Keefe guy than AB. The Weiner thing was kind of a fun story that wasn’t important in the big scheme of things. Etc.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I can’t agree with that as pertains to upcoming SCOTUS nominees.

And that alone is HUGE.

But on other stuff, we’ll have to wait and see.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Please do share with us a link showing RonMe telling of how he would get rid of 0bamacare and in the meantime you can go read how RoNMe is being advised to NOT repeal 0bamaRonMeCare and how much RonMe likes parts of 0bamacare. Then we can debate which is the real RonMe.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Romney inspires me to be more organized.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

But then if you are going to claim Romney isn’t worth supporting over Obama while at the same time claiming to be a grass roots conservative activist, then you are being a Democrat tool working on local elections.

BryanS on March 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Look, the presidency isn’t the only game in 2012. There are lots of house and senate races that need attention.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

can’t agree with that as pertains to upcoming SCOTUS nominees.

And that alone is HUGE.

But on other stuff, we’ll have to wait and see.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I would argue Romney is probably going to be the most weak on judges than anything else, although they may be slightly better than Obama’s.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Romney inspires me to be less sincere and more shifty.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Romney inspires me to get a lot of things on my resume even if they are more symbolic than substance.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

He sponsored the Planned Parenthood clinic undercover tapes. He fought for Palin. He blew the lid off the USDA/black farmer settlement and forced the White House’s hand in the Shirley Sherrod firing. He fought back on Tucson. He fought back on the Wisconsin union debacle. wherever the fight was loudest, he’d be right in the middle. Miss him terribly.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Gohawgs on March 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I absolutely agree with you, and did you know that the current Speaker of the House worked dilligently to remove Newt from his speakership back in the 90′s? I’m certain that it doesn’t surprise you since he is another liberal appeasing RINO.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Priscilla on March 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

How about letting people vote for the candidate they want to vote for first? You’re sure Romney is going to win, fine, but at least let people vote first. If Newt or Santorum were ahead, I’m sure you would agree.

Lightswitch on March 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Romney inspires me to give Testimony to Capitalism by making loads of money. It would have never occured to me that making as much money as I can can hoodwink a company into paying me, if not for Romney’s Testimony to Making Lots and Lots of Money and Capitalism.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

What does “fighting” entail? You make AB sound like some comic book super hero.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

If we have both houses of congress, Obama will not be able to get his nominees through. whereas Romney can force through whatever lame liberal-in-sheeps-clothing he wants.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

You make AB sound like some comic book super hero.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

He should be. Someone should get on that.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

So when AB hijacked the Weiner press conference, was he fighting for me? Or maybe fighting for his love of the camera? :)

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Well there is my point. Do I really need to pull a link for such a thing? If I did what would it prove to you? You still wouldn’t believe he would actually stick to any of his words. So you are being a bit disingenuous when you say you are waiting for him to say something you would back.

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I’m not real big on hero worship, and I don’t think anything is different b/c of AB. It’s going to take a majority of people voting against Obama to “fight” Obama.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I wouldn’t say he was necessarily a champion of the grassroots as much as a middle finger to people who think they’re better and smarter than you.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

BryanS on March 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

What would you call someone looking to place a liberal in place as THE leader of the Republican Party? Fool!

RonMe will promise you ANYTHING just as he did when running for Governor, but his record shows that he has a definite love of liberalism. He always has and he always will.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Why do you need somebody else to do your flipping off for you? Flipping off people doesn’t accomplish anything, does it?

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I am totally fine with post mortem hero worship. A dead person has just as much relevance as a fictional person.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Pushing back against a narrative or against received wisdom helps prevent it taking root and turning into “truth”. So yes, “flipping off” has its uses.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Look, when I read that AB told the OWS people protesting outside of CPAC this year to “stop raping people”, I concluded he was more about publicity more than anything else. It may be the wrong conclusion but I can’t fool myself into believing something I don’t.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Well to be honest, there are about 500 people that I would list prior to AB in terms of pushing back against liberal narratives.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Santorum is nothing but an effing traitor. He’s no better than Spector. And stupid. We have here the complete package!

claudius on March 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Etch-a-Sketch candidate is better than a ham sandwich candidate.

Ham sandwich/Etch-a-Sketch 2012 the winning ticket.

tjexcite on March 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Here’s the thing about Santorum. He didn’t implement ObamaCare or RomneyCare.

That’s no small thing in my book.

Others disagree.

Others assert if states want to mandate you buy a certain commidity or ban Gummi bears, it’s cool.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I guess some of you may not have noticed that WE HAVE A FAR- LEFT RADICAL, ALINSKY LOVING MARXIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE WHO WANTS TO FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM AMERICA.

redridinghood on March 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM

We’ve noticed. Some of us would like to replace him with someone who might actually do some good. If that’s all right.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Suit yourself, then.

alwaysfiredup on March 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Africans on March 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

You worked ONLY for Allen West? Weren’t any other candidates worth working for over the years?

BTW, as a poll watcher I work to make certain that people voting at the polls have the right to vote as well as to make certain that no shenanigans are taking place. I couldn’t to so if I didn’t get my certification from the state GOP first. I guess you don’t really know what poll watchers do.

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

It was very nice of you to capitulate and admit that RonMe talks out of both sides of his mouth.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

AB was looking out for #1 in all things, AB. That’s not a criticism, I look out for #1 too, and that’s me, Dr. T.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

History lesson

Goldwater was socially liberal (Liberatarian) and lost.
Ford ran to the center and lost.
Dole ran to the center and lost.
GHW Bush ran conservative and won but.
GHW Bush ran to the center and lost.
McCain ran to the center and lost.

Yet people are all for Mitt who is already running to the center then announces he will veer to the left even more. But you think he will win when the other five lost.

Are Mitt supporters insane or what? If not please explain how Mitt running to the center is different than those other five losers.

It matters not in November who anyone votes for that is a Republican if Mitt is the nominee. Obama will absolutely positively win.

I would be the insane one if I voted for Mitt or gave any encouragement to him whatsoever. I am NOT insane.

Steveangell on March 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I very anti-activist so maybe that’s why I don’t appreciate AB like some of you guys do. Activism seems kind of lame. I think I’m too good and smart for that kind of stuff.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM

In my view, AB is like the cooler version of John Zeigler.

But he still was a John Zeigler all the same.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I don’t know, is there a politician that doesn’t? If there, can you please tell that person to run for office? You still haven’t owned up to the truth that no matter what he says, you wouldn’t believe it. So again my question is, if you have no plans of supporting Romney if he is our nominee, then why work so hard to be against him?

Who are you trying to convince not to vote for him? If no one votes for him and he is the nominee, then we get Obama. If to you there is no difference, then why do you care?

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I’m sure you feel proud when you remember the Iraqi’s that risked their lives to cast their vote several years ago. I’ll bet you would have been too good and smart to get involved in that lame effort too.

Standing up for your beliefs is just so anti-American. /s

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You won’t see me dressing up like a pimp to dupe some silly stupid liberals into being honest about something.

To me, that’s a form of lying, and I don’t do lying.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Look guys, I have a core value about being anti-activism. I don’t apologize for it.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Compared to Newt and Rick, yes.
But I still say the difference between Mitt picks, and Obama picks will be more than sufficient.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

No, not me, what? Who are you and why should I care about your incoherent babblings?

Buy Danish on March 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Here, I’ll try to be as coherent as possible. You’re an annoying azzh— (and lose the classic man hater glasses).

noeastern on March 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Standing up for your beliefs is just so anti-American. /s

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I don’t call going to vote “activism”. You aren’t comparing apples to apples.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Are you opposed to CIA spying?

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Well, I think Reagan got duped by at least one judge. You really never know what you are going to get no matter who is president but I don’t disagree that Romney’s selections would probably be better than Obama’s.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Barring something really disastrous happening, I will vote for Mitt, but without enthusiasm.

Personally, I’d like to see some evidence that Mitt will actually take the fight to Obama. I’m afraid he’s going to “clean the slate” and become the direct opposite of the way he’s attacked his Republican opponents. Like McCain 2.0. Ack!!!

JannyMae on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Remember when RonMe declared that the TEA Party was supporting him? Remember all of the times he declared he was a Conservative? Remember the First Ammendment?

I really hate LIARS, and doubly so when they lie about ME!

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Are you opposed to CIA spying?

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

That’s not political activism, that’s a real job. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

You can’t be an activist and be cool at the same time.

That’s my opinion on the matter and I don’t apologize for it.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

this jerk Woody is a pathetic buffoon

Groucho Marx Levin was so silent today on Woody’s remarks…typical fat nitwit hypocrite when he bash Glenn Beck saying similar remarks between John McCain and Obummer

all the Woody drones need to get out of the way….

nparga23 on March 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Standing up for your beliefs is just so anti-American. /s

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

So you are comparing 1) going to vote in 2) Iraq 3) Under fire, to 1) staying home and not voting 2) In America, 3) with safe streets,

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL

And how exactly does one stand up for their beliefs by not voting? so the whole country gets sucked with 4 more years from Obama because you understood that its good to have him for another 4 years to teach a lesson for America,

OrthodoxJew on March 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

If I was gov, I would ban political activism, since it’s Constitutional. Also Gummi Bears just because I can.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Ricky’s flipped. And there is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks heck that “possibly maybe supposedly conceivably theoretically” The One is preferable to Romney–okay except to humorless narrow-minded brain-dead Maher-watching Limbaugh-hating leftistproglibturd zombie occupierbots.

stukinIL4now on March 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

JannyMae on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Here is your evidence: Obama is not a Socialist, he’s just in over his head

Shades of McLame, but it was really all Sarah Palin’s fault! /s

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

If you hate liars, then you really shouldn’t vote for anyone. You then will never be disappointed. Sorry, but we don’t really live in that sort of utopia.

JannyMae on March 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hey all I’m asking is for the nominee to be supported no matter who it is. It’s odd that that request seems so foreign in this decade. I would harbor no ill will to those that stay home. But at least own it when we lose to Obama. I’m glad to hear you won’t be staying home.

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

What I find amusing about AB is he was so outraged over Weiner lying about the tweets and calling AB a liar, as though anybody believed Weiner at that point.

I prefer Drudge’s drip drip drip approach more than a “journalist” crashing a press conference to defend his good name.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

You guys sure are tough on Santorum. Guy can’t catch a break.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I hope Santorum writes a follow up to It Takes a Family and really goes off on sodomy, just to get the predictable types all worked up.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:58 AM

And how exactly does one stand up for their beliefs by not voting?

OrthodoxJew on March 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

When faced with voting for one of two liberals is there really any choice? I’ll be voting, just not for ANY liberal. IMHO, those who vote for liberals are truly delusional since it has been proven that liberalism IS a mental disorder time and time again.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Ann Coulter was dead on ….Romney may not be perfect but the best to beat Obummer this November

Woody needs to go back to Pennsylvania and take care of his Walton’s family

oh how silent the Woody supporters are tonight after his gaffe

you jerks like I said many times are serial dating GOP morons….support Bachmann, then Perry, then Herman Stain, then Newt Horndog, and Woody from Toy Story who got crushed by Bob Casey by 18 points in 2006 and endorsed Arlen Specter

nparga23 on March 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

If I was gov, I would ban Ann Coulter, just because I can b/c it’s Constitutional. Good or bad policy questions are irrelevant. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

expect Rush Bimbo to give Woody a pass tomorrow if he isn’t vacationing or popping more pills in his beer belly

no wonder Michael Savage is so popular

nparga23 on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Shades of McLame, but it was really all Sarah Palin’s fault! /s
DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Obamas personal likability is HIGH. Go down the road of labeling him a Marxist, a radical, and an alinskyite (which is all true), you’re sure to lose

blatantblue on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I wish conservatism wasnt stuck between pansy RINOism and rabid misguided right wing fervor.

Firm finesse my friends. Firm finesse.

blatantblue on March 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM

no wonder Michael Savage is so popular

nparga23 on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Except Savage isn’t that popular and was recently bumped off his flagship home station in San Fran. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM

blatantblue on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I don’t think most Americnas like him all that much outside of black people and commited liberals. He’s an aloof out of touch guy.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:03 AM

And also, Gray Wolves.

listens2glenn on March 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Wildlife West? 0.0

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 23, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Why would it turn off people if you call Obama a Marxist or a socialist?

I never understood the logic behind that. It’s not like you are accusing him of raping women or something.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

No, When faced with Obama’s second term, Against Obama’s first term i would vote for his first term,

If you think Obama’s first term was bad, wait and see

OrthodoxJew on March 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Sorry, but we don’t really live in that sort of utopia.

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Nor will we if we continue to settle for second best.

I’ll keep fighting the good fight so I can stand proud when looking in the mirror after making a real difference. You go ahead and feel free to let others offer you what little they think you deserve.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Romney inspires me to be whatever other people want me to be.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

No, you’re making things up. That’s what liberals do.

Put up or can it.

scotash on March 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Romney demonstrates the logic of being a moderate. It just makes sense.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Put up or can it.

scotash on March 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM

It’s not something I’m obligated to prove. My opinions are all non-binding. He’s the probable nominee so seems like water under the bridge.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Sorry to break this to you, but there will never be a utopia where a politician (or anyone for that matter) doesn’t lie. I’m not sure what sort of fight you are actually fighting. This election, like any other, I was offered the candidates that decided to run. That is what I was offered and I plan on voting for that person when they become the nominee. What else do you think someone is offering me?

Jesse on March 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Romney has accused Santorum of being more liberal than him, which I think is pretty laughable.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I think we should jus tnot have a nominee and the election just be a referedum on keeping Obama or not having a president at all. I support no president.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM

If you think Obama’s first term was bad, wait and see

OrthodoxJew on March 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Should RonMe win then we WILL see how bad a second 0bama term will be when the “Obama is not a Socialist, he’s just in over his head” candidate is selected.

I don’t call going to vote “activism”.

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Voting is an act. Risking your life to do so must be an act of activism as Activism consists of intentional efforts to promote, impede or direct social, political , economic, or environmental change.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM

According to Santorum:

“we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk

Now we see why Santorum robocalled democrats to invite them to vote in the Republican primary…….

Cavalry on March 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM

blatantblue on March 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

YOU run that campaign. A Conservative would run a campaign against 0bama’s RECORD, but another liberal never could win that fight as that liberal actually supports socialism. Ex: “Obama is not a Socialist, he’s just in over his head”.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Savage has been off KSFO for awhile ..your point ?

Savage 3rd most listened talk show nationally behind Rush Bimbo and Sean Wallbanger….their friend Groucho Marx Levin is fifth

nparga23 on March 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Cavalry on March 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM

There is nothing wrong with attempting to get the votes of democrats weary of the Socialist, but perhaps Santorum thinks a choice between 2 socialists is no choice at all, or that selecting the socialist in RINO clothing would be the worst of both worlds.

DannoJyd on March 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM