Pat Robertson: It’d serve Denver right if Peyton Manning hurt his neck again given how they treated Tebow

posted at 9:07 pm on March 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

A cheery little palate cleanser via Mediaite that’s already making waves on the network sports blogs. I’d bet cash money that Tebow himself strongly disagrees with this sentiment, but Robertson is nothing if not consistent. He’s always been a believer in wickedness inviting calamity.

Second look at not legalizing pot?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Crazy ol’ coot.

John the Libertarian on March 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Pat Roberson…. I really think Mr. Tebow would feel embarrassed, for you.

DVPTexFla on March 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The old man has gone wobbly in the head.

DrStock on March 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Sit down, shut up and smoke a joint you senile old man.

JPeterman on March 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Somebody get that man his meds!

changer1701 on March 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Who sends money to CBN to keep this guy on the air?
Not anyone I know.
How embarrassing for us evangelicals.

But CBN News is really good.

itsnotaboutme on March 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Dude.

Ed Morrissey on March 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Damn, I miss the 80′s. He used to say things like this twice a week!

Mr. Arkadin on March 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

There are cases where it’s better to be poor and anonymous…like if you’re nuts.

RBMN on March 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

the religion of peace

DBear on March 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

“MOM! Grandpa just told me to go to hell again!”

-What did you do?

“I just said hi to him, that’s all.”

Bishop on March 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I take back everything I said about Ron Paul being crazy.

Pcoop on March 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

At some point we all need to step away from our jobs and enjoy life !

Ragnar Danneskold on March 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Dude.

Ed Morrissey on March 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Dude get over to the Santorum thread before they kill each other!!!

JPeterman on March 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Oh, Pat…………I’ve defended your senile rantings in the past, but sorry, no more. You need to go away now, Tim Tebow does NOT need you in his corner.

waterytart on March 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Listen to him very carefully. He says if Denver finds itself without a quarterback, it would serve them right. He never says he hopes Payton Manning gets injured. He said Denver did Tebow wrong by throwing him under the bus for a quarterback who may likely be injured again.

I abhor many things the Pat Robertson says. I disagree with his Calvinistic pronouncements, like his Haiti pronouncement. However, this time, the criticism is undeserved, IMO.

Tennman on March 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

WGAF………………

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

They always love to trot out idiots like this to provide the stereotypical leftist view of Christians too.

wildcat72 on March 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Ah Pat Robertson. He was the Westboro Baptist Church before they were.

Betenoire on March 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I can’t stand this guy. He’s always saying stupid things like this.

SoulGlo on March 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

::facepalm::

Just go away Pat…

jawkneemusic on March 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Sorry, nothing new for the Romney bashing principles, slow night indeed!

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hey, people were saying basically this in some of the last day or 2′s Tebow threads. Can’t say I disagree with them or the increasingly cool Pat Robertson. Peyton Manning is old and spent an entire season out for injury. If he gets injured or career ended before half the season is over, how does that not serve the douchebag Donks management right?

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I am convinced that this man has had a stroke.

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

yea pat’s crazy cause he believes the non existent guy in the sky will do something. yet a trace gas in the atmosphere will bring on armageddon is ” main stream” opinion.

newrouter on March 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

What?

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Mr.Robertson is like a thrombosed hemorrhoid… always reminding you what a pain in the ass he is!

Danny on March 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Tennman: exactly. He doesn’t say it will serve Peyton right if he hurts his neck again. He says it about the Broncos, namely, the management that made this decision. And he’s right.

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Brought up Pat Robertson and the drug legalization thing with my pastor last week. Mostly just to jab at him jokingly, and he said “man, I don’t get that guy, he is always saying things that he has to retract or apologize for later”. I agree. Don’t know if it’s an age thing or what, but the guy’s lack of judgement is disappointing.

Vigilante on March 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Horrible. What an idiot.

And I’m a Christian.

fossten on March 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Stay classy, Pat.

BallisticBob on March 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

And we care what Pat Robertson says because… because… collie?… help me out here, would you?

My collie says:

Because when you’re stoned, he’s funnier than Bill Maher. er…Not that I would know anything about that, personally, I mean.

Have you been sharing a bong with Pat Robertson, collie?

My collie says:

Not me. He drools too much ya’ know. Gross.

CyberCipher on March 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Nothing for AP et al to stir up/fabricate. Do you really care what Pat has to say about football….really?

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Why would God allow someone to get hurt? :-(

SouthernGent on March 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Peachy. *face palm*

Perhaps CBN should utilize the 10 second delay when Robertson speaks.

conservative pilgrim on March 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I’m so pissed off at Elway right now, I kinda of agree with the old coot!

katy on March 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Pat Robertson please check your email. God wants you to shut up.

hepcat on March 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

One Pat Robertson is plenty thank you. Not only is the comment classless but shows an ignorance regarding the business of football.

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Him and Jimah cartah need to go burn spliff and hit the bath house.
Go away already, sheesh!

esnap on March 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I agree. It wasn’t wasn’t like he said “if he gets hurt again, serves them right for dissing God’s anointed” or something.
But “If his injury comes back again it’ll serve them right” meaning they will have made a stupid decision to give up their star player when all they have left is a player with an injury that could return.

I’m no Pat Robertson fan, but listening to his words, it really doesn’t sound like he was saying he hopes something bad would happen.

JellyToast on March 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

SouthernGent on March 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Please allow me to introduce myself………….

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I’m so pissed off at Elway right now, I kinda of agree with the old coot!

katy on March 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

You can share a box of tissues and a bag of M&M’s with Skip Bayless.

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Glad to see good will towards men is alive and well.

Hog Wild on March 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Pat and Nancy need to get matching straightjackets and share a padded cell.

Nancy has an excuse: Too much Botox.

What’s Pat’s?

Resist We Much on March 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The problem with successful entrepreneurs (like Robertson) is that they often don’t have anyone who is willing to dare tell them that they need to quit. Man, he is an embarrassment. CBN NEWS is good, but this guy is hurting his network.

mydh12 on March 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

A national embarrassment.

WisCon on March 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Pat Robertson please check your email. God wants you to shut up.
hepcat on March 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

+1 gazillion

conservative pilgrim on March 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Dude.

Ed Morrissey on March 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

SparkPlug on March 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

JellyToast on March 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Still a stupid and ignorant thing to say. If the Broncos management had not signed Manning and kept Tebow would the same sentiment apply if Tebow had his career ended on the first pre-season snap because management did not go after Manning?

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Wow, AP, you were worried that New York could get nasty. I don’t think Tebow will have to face much worse (although probably a lot more crass, and more frequent.)

Fail to adequately reward the Faithful? Pat’s gonna call down the wrath of God to smite your (totally blameless, best I can tell) Hero.

notropis on March 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

You can share a box of tissues and a bag of M&M’s with Skip Bayless.

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

And half of the Denver Bronco fan base…

katy on March 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

“I am as mad as he%% and I’m not going to take this anymore!” - Pat Robertson

;)

Seven Percent Solution on March 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Not cool.

Southernblogger on March 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Lots of low hanging fruit if you factor Santorum into the construct……..seems here at HA that only works if you can bend light to target Romney.

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Our Joe Biden. Gotta love him.

faraway on March 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Except Tebow isn’t 36 years old and didn’t spend the last season on the injured list. You are projecting here, thinking people WANT Peyton to get injured. Nobody is saying that. What they are saying, is its kind of likely that he will, and if he does, it will serve Broncos management right. Their short sighted greed and dislike for Timmy, who did PLENTY for the team will have come to bite them in the ass. AKA serves them right. It’s a shame that I really have to even explain this.

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Actually…he’s kind of right.

shannon76 on March 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

He’s auditioning for his old job on MSNBC.

CorporatePiggy on March 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Robertson needs to spend more time in his Bible and less time giving out opinions.

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;
Or the LORD will see it and be displeased,
And turn His anger away from him.
Proverbs 24:17–18

IOW, no schadenfreude for Christians. Let God deal with those who do harm to you.

This decision isn’t even going to cause any kind of lasting damage to Tim Tebow’s life because his life and psyche aren’t built around football. It was a terrible thing to say.

INC on March 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Did Rick really say Obama would be better than Romney?

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

You know who the real pain in the neck is, right?

Bmore on March 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

There are all these Tebow = Messiah jokes out there… A lot of people don’t realize that this hits a little close to home for some people. I’m shocked… SHOCKED to hear Pat Robertson might be one of those people.

Brad on March 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Daicoocoo you are as Nutty as Robertson.

Denver is making a business decision.

CW on March 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Denver is making a business decision.

CW on March 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Yeah, Bronco’s ticket sales were really in the toilet due to the lack of entertainment Tebow was providing. And its not like the Broncos are an entertainment based franchise or anything.

You idiots bringing up the “business” argument don’t realize how stupid you sound. Spending $90 mil to buy an almost-40 year old has-been in exchange for the most talked-about quarterback in years (who costs less than 1/10th the price). There’s some fiiine business sense, yessir.

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Damn Pat you need to lay hands on yourself!

MCGIRV on March 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

jdkchem on March 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, it is a stupid thing to say. The guy is old. He needs to pass things on. But I guess he’s probably always been this way.

I think I’ve watched the 700 club show about 10 times in my life. And then, only because I paused during channel surfing.
They’ve dome some good things. Their heart is in the right place but it happens. Pat says some dumb things from time to time.

One thing I remember seeing that was really eye opening on their show. Something I have always remembered and will remember.
Back when the Soviet Union was collapsing. I was flipping channels and watching the 6:30 nightly news. I think it was Romania or Poland, not sure. But all the nightly news casts were showing the crowds of people in the streets as the communist government was collapsing. ABC, CBS and NBC all showed the same pictures… crowds of people standing in the streets. Then later that night I was flipping channels and came across the 700 club. They had the same pictures of the same crowds… but then something different happened with the crowd that the main networks did not show. They deleted these scenes….. the crowd of people, thousands in the streets.. all knelt down on knees as one and began to pray. It was awesome! Never had I seen anything like that and the networks did not show it. They cut that out.. but there it was. The same people, the same crowds.. all praying in the streets on knees to God!

JellyToast on March 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I’ve seen more than a few Tebow people say this and it’s absolutely disgusting…

I’m a Tebow fan, but Tebow’s fans are his worst enemy.

ninjapirate on March 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I grow more disillusioned by the hour, and refuse to believe Palin can hold such influence.

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

You boys and girls should leave old Pat alone. He’s probably done more good in the world, fed and clothed more people than all the people on this board combined.

Axion on March 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Pat boarded a plane once and I was sitting up front. Dude was tall..and he carried around 31 tennis rackets. No kidding

Anyways, I have got to admit that it’s crossed my mind too that Mr. Manning is one stinger away from retirement. Maybe the Bronco’s won’t deserve to lose PM for how they treated Tebow, but let’s face it. They treated Tebow like sh*t. They never really backed him up.

DrW on March 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

So is Pat putting out a bounty on Peyton?

Award eternal salvation?

LtGenRob on March 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

As a Patriots fan, I have no love for Manning but I do respect the hell out of him. Wishing injury on a player is just inviting karma to kick your behind.

SnarkVader on March 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Does anyone really pay attention to this senile old crackpot?

GarandFan on March 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Meh, not a big fan of Pat, but don’t think what he said was outrageous.

He wasn’t wishing that Manning gets hurt.

Pablo Honey on March 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Look, I like Tebow and think he is getting a raw deal but it isn’t like there aren’t some numbers to back this up. While winning is the ultimate number (and I believe he was part of it) there were other factors as well. Denver had a pretty easy schedule (this next year’s is going to be harder) and Elway and management decided they wanted to get a QB who seems to have the passing skills they are looking for now rather than spending time hoping they can change some of Tebow’s throwing mechanics.

If Manning wins, just as many Denver fans will put their butts in those same seats and if he can get them further in the playoffs it mitigates his salary. And there is no way they could just bench Tebow in favor of Manning as the starter without facing some possible locker room split with the guys in there choosing sides.

Part of the decision is that Elway seems to think that Tebow is never going to develop the kind of skills he thinks it takes for a QB to win championships in the NFL and he made a move now before the matter became even bigger issue in the future. If Tebow went out as the starter next year and the team struggled against increased scheduling it would have made for an easier move to replace him, but at the cost of the entire season.

So yeah, it is a football move as one guy isn’t bigger than a team and sometimes even popular guys need to be moved out to improve a team going foreword. Of course as San Diego can readily testify after dumping Drew Breeze (who frankly had far better numbers and far more developed skills than Tebow when dismissed) this decision can come back and make you look like a complete fool.

Betenoire on March 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I don’t follow Pat or football but the headline is misleading as someone already pointed out. The quote in the article states “if that injury came back”. I don’t think he was wishing injury on anyone, Manning could hurt his neck sleeping wrong or looking left to see if a lane is clear let alone getting sacked. Where would that leave the Broncos then? I think it would be funny as can be if the Broncos tanked next season and the Jets went to the Superbowl.

Russ86 on March 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM

As an evangelican Christian, I’ve got to say, I think Pat Robertson is losing it. A number of his wilder statements in recent weeks/months have no Biblical basis and I cannot fathom why he would be saying them if not for anything other than shock value.

LaurasFam on March 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

He didn’t say I hope Manning gets hurt. More outrageous outrage. Shit never ends.

angryed on March 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM

dmann on March 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM

LOL! At the rate things are going, I consider these threads the little respite between rounds. Poor Mr. Robertson, he’s not being helpful.

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Betenoire on March 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

The point of a football franchise isn’t to win though, counterintuitive that may be. They ARE businesses, owned and managed just as companies are. Winning is USUALLY the way you sell tickets and fill your stadium, but Tebow (and he won enough) can fill the stadium regardless. Many people agree that a number of Broncos games last season were among the most riveting they have seen.

Tebow would need at least 2 more seasons, and both of them being miserable failures to stop drawing the spectators. The Donks are lucky if they get that much out of Peyton, and chances are, Tebow would NOT have gotten worse if he stayed with them.

It wasn’t at all a wise move, and was entirely motivated by John Elway’s desire to see himself remain as the Bronco’s “iconic” quarterback. You can take that to the bank.

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hey all you Michigan State fans who thought MSU deserved a #1 seed, I told you so.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I had trouble with the video but if the article at Mediate is correct, I don’t understand the outrage. No one really knows who Manning’s injury is going to react to real live football and getting rid of Tebow may indeed have been short sighted.

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Daikokuco on March 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I agree. I think Elway was mad Tebow wasn’t praying to him. Living 100 miles from Denver I am fed up with the Broncos and Elway.

Russ86 on March 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Denver is making a business decision.

CW on March 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

It was a terrible business decision.

2-3 years of an aging injured star who is no longer in his prime for a young superstar who with the right coaching (eh hem, Fox sucks)and support from the management, could have been a John Elway times 3 for at least the next 10 years.

We loved him and he brought a sucky team into the playoffs after 12 years of dirt football in Denver.

katy on March 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Fox sucks, that guy was the coach of the year.

The point of the NFL is to win SuperBowls…you got to take Peyton Manning if he’s available and can play….he’s worth the risk.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Anybody who thinks Tebow is a superstar needs to watch his game against the Bill and two games against New England.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Are “believers” obligated to have an opinion on Pat Robertson just b/c “non-believers” are obsessed with him? I’d never know about Robertson if it wasn’t for the atheists out there.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I do think the Broncos should have tried to hold on to Tebow and work him into the offense in some way. He has enough athleticism to play at some position.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I am convinced that this man has had a stroke.

Cindy Munford on March 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

………maybe several!

KOOLAID2 on March 22, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Fox sucks, that guy was the coach of the year.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

….oh gawd…he’s back talking to himself again!

KOOLAID2 on March 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It wouldn’t work. A portion of the fans would never have accepted it and there would always be a QB controversy with people thinking somehow Tebow could pull off something whoever the starter would be couldn’t.

Betenoire on March 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM

This KOOLAID nut lurks on here all day waiting for me to show up and insists he’s not cyberstalking me.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Betenoire on March 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I don’t buy that, I think most Denver fans are happy about getting Manning. The true fans, not just the people who are only watching b/c of Tebow.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Elway was one of the best QBs of all time and he won two Superbowls, I think he knows who has the talent and who doesn’t. It’s not personal to Tebow. Peyton is the better QB. This isn’t debatable.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Fox SUCKS!

katy on March 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Fox SUCKS!

katy on March 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM

If you say so, I never seen a pro football team go to a a high school type of offense due to the fact their QB was so inaccurrate and manage to win games. I think Fox deserves credit for adapting to his QB.

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Here is the obligatory note that must accompany Media Obsession with Pat Robertson:

“Pat Robertson does not speak for me. He does not speak for Evangelicals. He does not speak for Christianity. Pat Robertson speaks for Pat Robertson.”

ColtsFan on March 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Sit down, shut up and smoke a joint you senile old man.

JPeterman on March 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

No kidding. He should pass it to me… I read the Santorum thread. lolz

Lightswitch on March 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Robertson is a crazy old fool
Living in Colorado I watched Tebow all season and, the man has trouble throwing the ball. He had a whopping two completions in the KC game this year!
Also Tebow is just as likely to get hurt as Manning, in fact he had a punctured lung after the playoff loss to New England and, has been hurt in every year that he has played starting with his first preseason in which he received some cracked ribs running in his first NFL touchdown.
NY will do him good and I am glad the circus left Denver.

notalemon on March 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

His conservatism is what kept Tebow back. It was the right before the Steelers game that Elway told Tebow to “pull the trigger” and he did. It’s what he needed to hear from the start and Fox should have let him be himself but held him back.

Tebow was working with a hostile coach and management. He brought his teammates together and was a constant source of encouragement to them. Considering the crap her had to work ‘against’, he showed incredible potential. Unfortunately, they never let him fly.

katy on March 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM