Tom Hanks: Let me go ahead and specifically apologize to Bill O’Reilly too

posted at 10:40 pm on March 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

Man, he’s really owning up to old transgressions that really weren’t his fault. What’s next? An apology for “Bosom Buddies”?

Don’t even mention “Larry Crowne,” though. There aren’t enough synonyms for “remorse” in English to fully make amends.

“I used Bill O’Reilly as the punch line of an uncomfortable joke that was hardly funny and [was] unfair,” Hanks emailed The Daily Caller.

“I have no reason to think Mr. O’Reilly would have found both the reason for the joke nor my use of it funny in any way,” said Hanks, whose blackface skit surfaced in a video posted by TheDC on Monday…

“I accept his apology — everybody makes mistakes,” O’Reilly told TheDC. “I don’t think that Hanks had anything [in mind] other than trying to get a wise-guy line off. … I don’t hold it against him.”…

When asked about his attributing the “hideously offensive” routine to O’Reilly, Hanks responded that “I regret the cheap shot.”

Like I said last night, Hanks is far enough down the insensitivity spectrum on this incident that there are two arguments against him. One is the standard tu quoque that a conservative in the same position wouldn’t be forgiven. Which is true enough; there’s no way around that, although it’s an indictment of the left generally, not Hanks personally. The more personal indictment is guilt by association, the idea that maybe Hanks’s passivity vis-a-vis blackface guy is due to some secret racist attitude he harbors. I don’t buy that. Apart from the O’Reilly line in the clip, which looked like his attempt to play the whole awkward thing off, he seemed to deal with it mainly by avoiding the guy and going on with the show. He would have been within his rights to call him out but the “let me just ignore the embarrassing idiot in my midst” response is a human reaction. Not the most righteous one, granted, but not proof of ill intent either, which is the ultimate question.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

We didn’t make the rules, they did. Now they don’t like lying down in the bed they made. Too bad.

Keep apologizing and we’re going to keep watching.

kim roy on March 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Thought this would be about him narrating the “Obama Love Fest” movie.

My bad.

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.

Money Pit on the other hand…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

This doesn’t come close to offending me as much as his narration of that 17-minute Leni Riefenstahl infomercial.

John the Libertarian on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Tom Hanks is Fluked

Roy Rogers on March 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

This is still a “meh” to me. I’m more offended by him narrating that crapfest documentary for The One.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

To put it politely, Hanks is a DUMBASS!

GarandFan on March 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

This whole thing bums me out because Apollo 13 is one of my favorite movies, and now I’m worried that I won’t be able to enjoy it. Otherwise: Meh.

Just Sayin on March 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Keep in mind that this was hardly a “Tom Hanks skit.” He was emceeing when an obnoxious rich guy (not that all rich guys are obnoxious, but the former condition tends to bring out the latter if it’s present) wandered up to the stage, apparently in support of hos donation to the school auction. Hanks and Frey were clearly baffled by the guy.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Let’s be honest… Despite his wacko politics, Hanks gets a lot of slack for giving us all “Big”… Best movie EVUH

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We don’t want the left to apologize. We want them to stop being hypocrites.

Crusty on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Ans for his comments about Prop 8 supporters.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Run Forrest run.

Smedley on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

What’s next? An apology for “Bosom Buddies”?

As a former RPGer, I’m still waiting for him to apologize for his role in “Mazes and Monsters”.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.

Money Pit on the other hand…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Joe versus the volcano…?

Seven Percent Solution on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

We don’t want the left to apologize. We want them to stop being hypocrites.

Crusty on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Yep

Mark1971 on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Tom, old boy, sorry to be the one to tell you this,…but you just an actor. Noone takes you seriously anyway. And noone should.

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I want every transgression by these people publicized to the max, then graciously note that everyone does silly things from time to time. When the respond in kind, we’re even.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.
HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Meh. Never was into watching the drag queen-variety of entertainment myself.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

O/T…

@politico tweeted:
*******************

#breakingnews:
**************

Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget blueprint has passed the House Budget Committee, 19-18.

Submitted 1 hour ago from twitter.com/politico
============================

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

This happened in 94, didn’t another Hollywood elitest get in trouble the year before when he showed up in blackface at an event honoring his then girlfriend.

RickB on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

O’Reilly missed an opportunity here. Should’ve pressured Hanks hard to be on his show. DD

Darvin Dowdy on March 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.
HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Meh. Never was into watching the drag queen-variety of entertainment myself.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I always thought of it more as “Donna Dixon as eye candy” entertainment.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Ans for his comments about Prop 8 supporters.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

He did kinda sorta apologize for that…

aunursa on March 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Another OT
Hey, canopfor, did you see this weaselly interview between Bret Baier and Axelrod re why the Senate Dems haven’t passed a budget for 1040 days? (Ironic, that number, eh?)

onlineanalyst on March 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Meh. Never was into watching the drag queen-variety of entertainment myself.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Two Words: Donna Dixon (AKA Mrs. Dan Akroyd)

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.
HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Meh. Never was into watching the drag queen-variety of entertainment myself.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Never even watched that.

I do recommend the little seen “Bachelor Party,” however. Good, stupid fun from a young Mr. Hanks.

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget blueprint has passed the House Budget Committee, 19-18.

Submitted 1 hour ago from twitter.com/politico
============================

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

So who are the three a-holes that gave the Dems the opportunity to say that there was bipartisan opposition to Ryan’s budget?

Mark1971 on March 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I always thought of it more as “Donna Dixon as eye candy” entertainment.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Great minds think alike apparently…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

RickB on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yup, Ted Danson. Liberals really love their blackface routine, even as they use it to try to smear others (e.g. Lieberman).

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Every time an actor opens their mouth to speak their mind, someone should remind them what they do for a living, and where.

RalphyBoy on March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Oh, and Tom, you’re getting as old as I am.

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I think Tom Hanks never got over loosing his best friend…Wilson.

Electrongod on March 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Nope, that apology will come after Obama loses and they realize they have alienated themselves from reality.

WhoU4 on March 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Dear Lord, please do not tell me that “Bachelor Party” is “little seen” in your circle. I would say its a pretty well-known classic.

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I have never understood why entertainment folks are so openly hostile to the Right, we make up at least half of the view/listening public and we tend to work for our disposable income, why try to run us off?

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

========

Le Oops!!

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I always thought of it more as “Donna Dixon as eye candy” entertainment.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Great minds think alike apparently…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I think I was 15 when the show was on. I wasn’t exactly thinking with my mind.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Rightwingers now want to be the PC police?

liberal4life on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

No, no, you have this whole thing wrong. Its a ruse, PR for his new film docudrama about 0 and his first and only term in office. “The Apologist.”

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Meh. Never was into watching the drag queen-variety of entertainment myself.
whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Two Words: Donna Dixon (AKA Mrs. Dan Akroyd)
HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Don’t know her since, as I sezzed, I passed on the show. Even if she were the hottest babe on the planet, guys running around in drag still cancels it out. Now, Baywatch – now, there ya had a show for seeing hotties with a minimal amount of transgendered creatures prancing about the screen.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

WhoU4 on March 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

While the former is very possible, the latter will never ever happen.

Myron Falwell on March 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hanks should be apologizing to the WWII vets he accused of being racists.

Mark1971 on March 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I don’t give a crap about his bad acting or his stupid rich-guy behavior. He and his idiot liberal friends made up the rules that are causing him problems right now, not us.

I blame him for using fame, enormous wealth, and his media leverage to promote propaganda for his 7th Grader political viewpoints. He’s an idiot.

Jaibones on March 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Rightwingers now want to be the PC police?

liberal4life on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

If you are going to be an obnoxious troll tonight, at least give us a famous Tom Hanks comedy you like and join in the fun

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

RickB on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ted Danson. Two points.

1) Has absolutely nothing to do with Hanks.

2) Was at a fryers roast, where pushing limits is kind of considered good form. I can’t find the video, so I can’t judge.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

He did kinda sorta apologize for that…

aunursa on March 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Didn’t know that.

Man, he does an awful lot of apologising.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I liked that movie a lot. Had a surprisingly disturbing ending.

Dongemaharu on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Because they *think* in cliches and stereotypes and really believe that they represent the majority in America. (Their falling box-office numbers should tell them otherwise.) Besides, they live in an echo chamber where they believe that they are the “cool kids” that everyone else wants to emulate.

onlineanalyst on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I think Tom Hanks never got over loosing his best friend…Wilson.

Electrongod on March 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Electrongod:Wilson is probably being kicked around by Jihady
fisherman on the Samolian coast!!(sarc)

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Tom Hanks is dead to me. He crossed the line between being an leftwing actor and being a leftwing activist that also acts.

MisterPundit on March 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Wow, Tom Hanks owns up, like any gentleman should.

Then, O’Reilly graciously accepts and moves forward.

Two mature men. Grown ups!
I guess this concept is just too alien to many.
Sad.

bridgetown on March 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

God, I wish celebrities would just stay out of politics. “Saving Private Ryan” and “Band of Brothers”(produced), are my favorites.

Static21 on March 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This about hanks running for Prez in 2016 Or maybe clooney. Nothing short of a A list celeb will do for the dems in 2016. The hollywood types are feeling pretty flush with their influence. It’s only natural that the Stars are going to want one of their own in 2016. Who else they gonna run? Hillary is already too fat, too ugly and too old to run. I’m not even gonna mention her taste, which is hideous.

rik on March 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Over to you, Saul Alinsky:

“The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”

Stu Gotts on March 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hanks knew he was going to get this kind of stuff after his narration of BHO’s vid…he also knew the legacy media will do whatever they can to help.

d1carter on March 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Wow, Tom Hanks owns up, like any gentleman should.

Then, O’Reilly graciously accepts and moves forward.

Two mature men. Grown ups!
I guess this concept is just too alien to many.
Sad.

bridgetown on March 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Fool me once….

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I can’t find the video, so I can’t judge.
urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

So, if you keep yourself from seeing the liberal wont for blackface then you can’t tell if it’s right or wrong? Alrighty then.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Another OT
Hey, canopfor,
————-

onlineanalyst on March 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

onlineanalyst:Yes I did,on this thread,thank-you just the same for
the linky!:)
=============================

Axelrod: Senate Dems haven’t passed a budget in three years because, er, “the theater of politics,” or something
posted at 12:45 pm on March 21, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Rightwingers now want to be mock the PC police?

liberal4life on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Fixed for you… and it’s not anything new.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM

What’s next? An apology for “Bosom Buddies”?

Hey! I liked that. I think. It was so long ago.

Hanks seems like a really decent guy. I guessing he doesn’t know the dark side of being a liberal Democrat. He and Kirsten Powers need to switch parties.

Paul-Cincy on March 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

We don’t want the left to apologize. We want them to stop being hypocrites.

Crusty on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

+10,000

gaius on March 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Say, if white people donning blackface is so offensive, why don’t white people demand an apology from the two black guys who starred in “White Chicks”?

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

No one needs to apologize for Bosom Buddies… What a fantastic show.

Money Pit on the other hand…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hey now, I love The Money Pit. Tom Hanks’ epic laugh scene alone makes it worth sitting through.

Damn, I miss skinny, funny Tom Hanks. His son, Colin, is alright and does look more and more like his old man with each passing year, but he simply doesn’t have his dad’s talent.

Doughboy on March 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You have one example from the last 25 years? Hardly a “wont.” Note that investment bankers — the guy in the Hanks video (doid you watch the video?) tend not to be leftist.

You are apparently a creepy obsessive, but I’ll give you this — if you stay in your basement and google long enough, you will find at least one example of a liberal doing every stupid thing there is to do. And, you’ll be doing us all a favor by staying in the basement and away from us.

Please get to work.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

The video is from 2004 not 1994

BuckNutty on March 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Please get to work.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bernie Sanders and Chuck Shumer. Damn that was easy. Keep going?

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Akaka bill. appropriately named.

more?

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Hillary is already too fat, too ugly and too old to run.

rik on March 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

So I guess these means you don’t think Newt should be running eh? :-p

LazyHips on March 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Gerry Studds.

Oops. Low hanging fruit.

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM

onlineanalyst:Yes I did,on this thread,thank-you just the same for
the linky!:)
=============================

posted at 12:45 pm on March 21, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Yoiks, I had been gone most of the day, so I missed the earlier threads. I ought to know that nothing is missed by Ed, AllahP, or Tina.

onlineanalyst on March 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You have one example from the last 25 years? Hardly a “wont.”

What about Michael Steele’s senatorial run?

Oh, I forgot, it’s not racist when liberals do it.

malclave on March 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The other thing to take from the video is that Hanks and Frey felt comfortable enough with the crowd to make Republican/Fox News jokes about the guy up there with them in blackface, as if it was Bill O’Reilly or George W. Bush’s fault, without fearing any blowback…and for eight years, they were right. Glen and Tom project their worst feelings about the GOP and Fox onto the situation, instead of chiding the guy for such a retrograde stunt.

Norman Lear had Archie Bunker wearing blackface as a show of his racial insensitivity in 1975, and people were already getting a little uncomfortable with Al Jolson’s routine by the late 1940s, so it isn’t as if all the people at the fundraiser didn’t know there was a bit of a problem with this in 2004. And obviously Hanks knew it was bad, or he wouldn’t have immediately coughed up O’Reilly’s name (which also would have been a way to show any other liberals in the audience that despite what they’re incredulously seeing at the moment, Hanks still hates him some Fox News). To protect his own reputation, he tossed O’Reilly under the bus by branding him a racist in absentia.

jon1979 on March 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

MisterPundit on March 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Cmon- why carry around the anger ? Can you really never watch Private Ryan again ? What about DeNiro ? You gonna turn off the Godfather? Forgive them for their Mis-guidedness – They are after all, 1% ers.

The lady doth care too much.

FlaMurph on March 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Unless you’re a Republican. Tom Hanks should be called out along with any/all Democrats associated with him. Turn-about is fair play.

P.S. Is anyone surprised that the NAACP hasn’t issued a denouncement (yet)? Has Al Sharpton mentioned this??

TN Mom on March 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Damn it! Now I can’t be outraged!

Which makes me outraged!

V7_Sport on March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bernie Sanders and Chuck Shumer. Damn that was easy. Keep going?

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Richard Nixon, Dick Army, Ted Haggart…

Tit for tat. I’m just saying, just because one Republican was a sociopathic loner who used the White House to engineer an illegal war against his political loners not everyone is. Similarly, not every Democratic Representative (or Republican — Mark Foley) has an unhealthy relationship with Congressional Pages). You need to come up with more than one example every 20 years if you’re asserting a “wont.”

And Bernie Sanders is the only honest man in the Senate.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

We don’t want the left to apologize. We want them to stop being hypocrites.

Crusty on March 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

No, we want them wiped from the face of the earth. That is what their, including Obama’s, real mentor wanted for us. His name was Vladimir Lenin, who famously said, “The purpose of war is not to win, but to wipe your enemy from the face of the earth.” What’s good for the goose . . .

TXUS on March 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bosom Buddies wasn’t that bad. It was better than most of his movies.

The list of bad Tom Hanks’ movies is too long to list. Just off the top of my head:

1. The Terminal

2. Castaway

3. Catch Me If You Can

4. Road to Perdition

5. Joe vs. the Volcano

Captain Kirock on March 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Tom Hanks is a guy I still like. His ability to take more responsibility than he actually has to over this is admirable. Had he dug in his heels and shrugged this off, he’d have lost fans–probably more than he did. He’s contrite, humble and rightfully so.

Forgiveness given.

ted c on March 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

and I liked Bosom Buddies.

ted c on March 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Richard Nixon, Dick Army, Ted Haggart…

And Bernie Sanders is the only honest man in the Senate.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Oh, but you guys are SO proud of Dick for going to China…

Weiner, DWS, “Cold cash” Jefferson, Waters, Guam…flipping??!!, Barney (no, we don’t need to rein in Fannie mae) Frank,…it’s endless. But you got those geniuses in Hollywood on your side. Own ‘em.

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM

And Bernie Sanders is the only honest man in the Senate.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Independent…right??

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM

No, we want them wiped from the face of the earth.

I’ll have what he’s having. Hey, it’s a hollywood theme…right??

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

FlaMurph on March 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I used to think that way. What do they do with the money you give them?

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

1. The Terminal

2. Castaway

3. Catch Me If You Can

4. Road to Perdition

5. Joe vs. the Volcano

Captain Kirock on March 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You forgot Saving Private Ryan, the Viet Nam movie pretending to be a WW II movie.

Only the sniper is a decent portrayal, the rest are Nam cliches sent back into the wrong era. The whole WW II ethos was done wrong and the personas had none of the Greatest Generation’s actual sensibility.

Leftwing pacifists slumming in Nazi flick is how it came across to me.

profitsbeard on March 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You are apparently a creepy obsessive
urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I’d say the liberal’s need to don blackface and even paint it on those they perceive as “enemies” ( e.g. Lieberman & ,insanely enough, Michael Steele) is just a tad bit “creepier” obsession. But the “Creepiest” Award goes to you for your confession that you don’t know if it’s wrong or not. Congrats.

whatcat on March 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Leftwing pacifists slumming in Nazi flick is how it came across to me.

profitsbeard on March 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

What about the scene where Miller goes after the machine gun nest to prevent a different squad from “encountering” it?

His BEST movie by far. Although BIG was pretty good \

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

RickB on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ted Danson. Two points.

1) Has absolutely nothing to do with Hanks.

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

1. Danson and Hanks both run in the same circles. Hence, “Guilt By Association.”

2. No, they were not at a KFC Convention.

3. The Friar’s Club immediately apologized after the show in question had ended.

Friars Club dean Jackie Green released a statement after the event, stating that the group was “saddened by the racially offensive nature of some of the material” used by Danson during the evening. “While raucous and x-rated humor are usually the tradition of these annual events, they are never intended to ridicule or disparage any segment of our society…” he assured.

Green concluded, “In a time when we are all concerned about healing and not dividing the races, we at the New York Friars Club apologize to Mayor Dinkins, Montel Williams and all others who were discomforted and offended by the racial remarks.”

4. You can’t find it on video because the Left has Scrubbed it. Curious as to how you can easily find the entire unedited film of the “racist” movie Disney put out years ago called “Song of the South”, but a Racist screed by a well-known Leftist that was actually captured on film decades later has been magically Disappeared. Dr. Goebbels would approve.

As for what Danson said, here’s a sample:

But Danson’s routine fell short of comical for many of those attending the annual closed-door affair in the grand ballroom of the New York Hilton. Celebrities on hand who stared in disbelief when Danson entered in blackface included dais guest Jasmine Guy, Sugar Ray Leonard, Shari Belafonte, Vanessa Williams, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Anita Baker, Beverly Johnson and Mr. T. Others in attendance included Michael Douglas, Robert Guillaume and talk show host Montel Williams, who stormed out of the ceremony.

Danson, who starred opposite Goldberg in Made In America, cut loose with a barrage of sexual jokes, most of which dealt with Black stereotypes, and he used the term “n****r” more than a dozen times during the evening. He also spoke graphically about his sex life with Goldberg and her private parts.

According to Danson, when he took Goldberg home to meet his parents in June 1992, she “fitted right in” because she did the dishes and the laundry. He went on to describe their wild sexual antics upstairs and said his concerned mother came to the door distressed over the possibility of their having children.

Del Dolemonte on March 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM

urban elitist on March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Speak English!

PS, wasn’t Democrat President Bill Clinton’s illegal possession of 900+ FBI files on his political opponents an “illegal war” too?

Of course, you still thing the Afghan and Iraq Wars are “illegal” too.

I was once a young and stupid College Kid myself, so I Feel Your Pain.

Del Dolemonte on March 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Bosom Buddies was a good show–not necessarily for the storyline but for what the actors did with the storyline. The characters in the show were just enjoyable and fun. (And I say that after having watched the whole Netflix DVD collection last year.)

But now The ‘Burbs…that’s the only Tom Hanks movie I own. (Go ahead. Judge me. I think it’s weird that I like it that much, too. :) But I think it’s–again–all about the characters…the tough-guy neighbor, the goofball neighbor…funny stuff.)

butterflies and puppies on March 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Gerry Studds.

Oops. Low hanging fruit.

WryTrvllr on March 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM

HAH!

john1schn on March 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Peter Scolari was robbed. He was the really funny one.

di butler on March 22, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Rightwingers now want to be the PC police?

liberal4life on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Awww poor baby, hypocritical much? You clowns are just getting the same garbage tossed back at you that you’ve been spewing for years. Pardon me if I don’t give a f*** about your whining.

bbinfl on March 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Rightwingers now want to be the PC police?

liberal4life on March 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It’s not about being police as much as just politely pointing out that what he did was wrong.

Using the same standards that those of your like brethren demand from *our* side.

Are you saying what he did was right? Or wrong?

BlaxPac on March 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Maybe he should claim to be Mr. Short Term Memory and act as if it did not happen.

Smedley on March 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Del Dolemonte on March 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

But he was a Democrat. So it wasn’t wrong.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Forgiveness given.

ted c on March 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I’m perfectly willing to extend forgiveness. But, of course, obligated to point out that a conservative — or RINO — in Tom Hanks’ position could never expect any mercy or understanding or sympathy.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 22, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hanks will not get one thin dime from me, he got in bed shilling for Democrats he can enjoy the stay.

gdonovan on March 22, 2012 at 4:57 AM