Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: I totally didn’t say that thing that I said on camera on television last year

posted at 8:17 pm on March 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, fun and games via MRC TV with America’s favorite lifelike talking-points robot. I’ll give you two theories on what happened here. One: She had just finished speaking at a forum on a different topic and was confused by the question, thinking that the MRC interviewer had misheard something she said. Then she realized no, this was in reference to something else and she was about to be put on the spot, which meant it was time to smile, turn, and quickly walk away. Two: The sudden change of subject from women’s history month (the topic of the forum) to her cheap, lousy attack about the GOP bringing back Jim Crow caused a momentary glitch in her talking-points processing software and she shorted out. She went back to DNC headquarters for repairs and now she’ll be happy to explain if you’d care to listen why Mitt Romney is dead set on returning us to the antebellum dark ages.

Exit question via Jonah Goldberg: Don’t Democrats want to incentivize people to apply for photo ID? Whether you vote or not, it’s kind of important to have if you want to participate in the economy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

allah, dude. you have got me rolling on the dadgum florr tonight….

ted c on March 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Thanks predator, your a bud! I have always wanted to do that. Shy don’t ya know.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM

You’re welcome, buddy. ‘Night. Gonna read one chapter of “Flight of the Intruder” then rack out. Hasta manana.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Gonna read a chapter of the book I’m on then hit the rack. Today at work was rough. Hung out here too late. ;)

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I know we kept you up too late. Sleep well. You do know this opens up a whole can of mischief for me.; ) I’m off to play. : )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Beautiful snark Allah

Bunsin2 on March 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I’ll give you two theories on what happened here.

I’ll give you one theory. She saw a black reporter and thus thought she was gonna get a floating softball thrown her way. The racist thinking inherent in the liberal mind.

NotCoach on March 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

NotCoach on March 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

And then, when getting thrown a curveball, figured that said black reporter would just take her “That is not what I said” retort as fact and that would be the end of it.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

And probably also disgusted that Alicia threw off her chains and left the plantation.

NotCoach on March 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I bet if I threw a ball she would chase after it.

St Gaudens on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

ROTFLMAO! Funny. Mean, but funny.

BillyWilly on March 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Busted!

Or should I say

Heartache!

From 2005, Debbie Does Washington’s Screen test. Notice how she blames the incumbent Rethuglican pResident for High Gas Prices.

Only thing High in this video clip is her.

Del Dolemonte on March 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Where are all the idiot trolls that are so vehemently against this type of “ambush”? This isn’t credible at all, right? We were supposed to wait for Schultz to accept an interview, right?

nottakingsides on March 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You know, if the RNC put together a short feature film about Democrats saying things, and then denying they said them, or running in elections against the horrible policies of Republicans and then following them when in office, or calling opponents ugly names and then demanding civility… well, I’ll bet it would go viral, and I’ll bet it would make a difference. And you don’t even have to write the script – it’s all out there on the intertoobz.

drunyan8315 on March 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Some faces can stop a clock. This one could stop a sundial. Then the mouth opens and things really turn ugly…

ghostwalker1 on March 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Busted!

TN Mom on March 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Well, I’m still upset that she said “literally” when she meant “figuratively”. This makes me want to huddle in my cage and throw fecal pellets. But not literally.

Lisa Gronyitz on March 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Debbie is like a trained animal. She can do her new trick perfectly, but is already starting to forget the last little one. That’s why she sticks to one talking point at a time, and brings everything back to it. She can memorize that much, like a seal learns a song honking horns.

Watch her even on the interview shows. No matter what they ask, it will come back to the one or two things Debbie is prepared to talk about, along with some filler about how Obama is doing a great job and the Republicans hate women and poor people.

The fact that she isn’t smart enough to prepare and talk about more subjects at once is a feature, not a bug. It keeps her from being sidetracked. That’s how smarter spokesmen make mistakes, they talk about something they haven’t practiced and cleared with the handlers.

Not our Deb. That’s what Obama loves about her – she will keep repeating the lie of the day no matter what the question is.

Adjoran on March 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM

All I Know is, KFC could use her hair to fry chickens for a whole WEEK!

I am personally CONVINCED that she uses the Colonel’s secret herbs and spices as a pomade!

fulldroolcup on March 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Amazing how much of this crap they shovel out and expect us to accept with a smile.

Good Lord, if cars & electronics ran on arrogance, she could power the country for the next 300 years easy.

BlaxPac on March 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hatchet Job.
Not the interviewer, her face.

nimrod on March 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Oh Come ON, ya’ll! Some people say she’s really cute, but speaking for myself, I really would chew my arm off… (I hope it’s not really possible to get that drunk!)

No, DWS is a glittering crown jewel catch for the DNC, and I hope she keeps her post a very long time.

Harbingeing on March 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Thank God for DWS !
If she did not exist, we’d have to spend time and $ making her up.
Fiction is never better than reality.

Isn’t she the person who was promoting GM while driving a Lexus ?
You simply cannot make it up !

Jabberwock on March 22, 2012 at 6:02 AM

drunyan8315 on March 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

me likey!

cmsinaz on March 22, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Notice as they head down the corridor the assistant reaches over to DWS’s back and throws a switch. Reboot!

curved space on March 22, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Stupid, ugly, strident, dishonest – she’s got it all!

Naturally Curly on March 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM

BigSven has only one small, but significant, problem with the MRC video clip:

As DNC Rep Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) turned heel, and started scurrying like a cornered rat looking for cover…why didn’t the MRC interviewer pop her with something like:

“You are a BIG FAT LIAR Congressman Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL), We have YOU on TAPE !!”

BigSven on March 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Switch-throwing assistant to Little Debbie: “Debbie, I’m sorry I let you talk to that person but she looked ethnically ambiguous so I assumed she was on our side. Don’t be upset. Here, let’s go talk to the New York Times. You’ll feel better. They think you’re pretty keen.”

curved space on March 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Rhode Island: Any person claiming to be a registered and eligible voter who desires to vote at a primary, special or general election shall provide proof of identity.

Damn right-wing GOP nuts in RI!

mankai on March 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Little Debbie is going to be on Fox in the 9:00 hour. I look forward to watching her spin herself crosseyed.

Naturally Curly on March 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM

This is a nothingburger

/delusional4life

NoFanofLibs on March 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Rep. Wasserman-Schultz being hyphenated indicates confusion. This level of confusion, leads to derangement, lying, and a complete lack or rational thought.

Having watched, Rep. Wasserman-Schultz lead the DNC is like watching lemmings following their learless feeder off the cliff.

Such incompetent behavior is the reason nobody should include the term ‘Honorable’ in any title associated with her or her like.

MSGTAS on March 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Debbie Wasserman-Dumb.

StevC on March 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM

“I said nnnothing…NNNNNOTHING!”

–Sgt. DW Schultz

kbTexan on March 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Don’t assume she’s lying. Debbie Waterhead Schlutz (not a spelling error) is such an airheaded moron she probably forgot she said that 15 seconds after saying it.

PJ Emeritus on March 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Have you all ever noticed that there aren’t any left-wing media gotcha interviews with Republicans? Anyone have a video with a Republican telling the interviewer they need to call their office? You think it’s because the left doesn’t understand the technique?

Portia46 on March 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Portia46 on March 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Not sure if there is a Republican counterpart to DWS.
Kinda hard to duplicate

Jabberwock on March 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I think we know who the real racists are here. That’s right – JC PENNEY. Every time I go in there and try to use my credit card, they ask for my photo ID.. When will the blatant racism end? WHEN???!!!!

ames on March 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Hey, I watched and listened to Debbie several times, and she didn’t, did not, DID NOT, say anything about the GOP movement to JIM CROW days. Didn’t, didn’t……

Why do you keep bringing it up?

dahni on March 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM

A caller on Dennis Miller’s radio show the other day made a great comment:

“You want people who don’t have one to go and get a state-issued ID? Have the government send them a check for the exact amount of the ID…but require a photo ID to cash it.”

Removes the issue of “access” from the conversation.

They lay out the money, and can have it reimbursed the same day…once they’ve got their shiny new ID in their possession. Or they can sign over the check at the DMV/government office to pay.

Problem solved.

“The debate is over.”

dmbream on March 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Allah spends too much time on Facebook, where they don’t know how to use “via.” Sad to see Facebook-ese coming to Hot Air.

Al in St. Lou on March 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM

DWS (Dumb, White, and STUPID) is the poster child for (D) = LIAR!!!

Colatteral Damage on March 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Stop trying to hold Democrats accountable for what they said yesterday. That is Racist.

Grunt on March 22, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I have often wondered when the Dems will make it illegal to prove identity as a prerequisite to get a job.

I wonder if any of them allow employees in their workplace without having proved their identity?

Of course I know the answer, but it’s fun to ask!

goflyers on March 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Hafta show any ID when picking up a benefits check?

TimBuk3 on March 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Must see

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Of course I know the answer, but it’s fun to ask!

goflyers on March 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Oh, you already know the answer.

The pResident never had to prove his identity or eligibility.

Even though a Constitutional Republic is supposedly ruled by the Rule of Law…

… and even though current immigration law says:

All employees (citizens and noncitizens) hired after November 6, 1986 and working in the United States must complete a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.

… and even though there is no exception in that law for the President, and the President is not supposed to be above the law,

Where is Obama’s Form I-9 and the accompanying Acceptable Documentation?

Note well that a PDF file is not on the list of Accepted Documents.

No one of us could start a new job and, instead of filling out a Form I-9 and physically producing acceptable documentation, just tell our employer to look at a multi-layered PDF on a web site. That wouldn’t fly for us, and shouldn’t fly for Obama.

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM

A) If the “Obama birth narrative” is 100% true, then he was born a natural born British subject, because his father was a British subject. Yes, his mother was a U.S. citizen, and he would also have U.S. citizenship, but he would not be a “natural born U.S. citizen”. A person who is not a natural born U.S. citizen, yet usurps the authority of the Presidency of the United States, is a usurper.

B) If the “Obama birth narrative” is NOT 100% true, then he is likely guilty of forgery, fraud, perjury, obstruction of justice, etc., and even if he were born on U.S. soil to two U.S. citizen parents, (and thus a natural born citizen of the United States), he could still be impeached for those high crimes.

————————————————
Here’s the bottom line:
————————————————
The “Obama birth narrative” is either 100% true, or it’s not.

And EITHER WAY he should not be in office.

Obama is either a usurper, a fraud, or both!

ITguy on March 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Schultz is actually right that Republicans are “trying to block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote for Democratic candidates than Republican candidates.”

Fraudulent voters are more likely to vote for Democrats than Republicans.

netster007x on March 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM