Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: I totally didn’t say that thing that I said on camera on television last year

posted at 8:17 pm on March 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, fun and games via MRC TV with America’s favorite lifelike talking-points robot. I’ll give you two theories on what happened here. One: She had just finished speaking at a forum on a different topic and was confused by the question, thinking that the MRC interviewer had misheard something she said. Then she realized no, this was in reference to something else and she was about to be put on the spot, which meant it was time to smile, turn, and quickly walk away. Two: The sudden change of subject from women’s history month (the topic of the forum) to her cheap, lousy attack about the GOP bringing back Jim Crow caused a momentary glitch in her talking-points processing software and she shorted out. She went back to DNC headquarters for repairs and now she’ll be happy to explain if you’d care to listen why Mitt Romney is dead set on returning us to the antebellum dark ages.

Exit question via Jonah Goldberg: Don’t Democrats want to incentivize people to apply for photo ID? Whether you vote or not, it’s kind of important to have if you want to participate in the economy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I can honestly say I HATE this woman more than Pelosi.

gerrym51 on March 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM

LIAR!!!!

Roy Rogers on March 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM

That’s our Debbie Clowner..

rbj on March 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM

…or vote in a union election…

The Ugly American on March 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Cankles.

Rixon on March 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Debbie Downer – the gaffe that keeps on giving.

msmveritas on March 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like Barack Obama with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Barack Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America.

Blaming the Prince of Fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their President.

SD Tom on March 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

hahaha! great!

zerotonin on March 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Debbie is like Nancy Pelosi, they inhabit an alternate universe from the one you and I are in.

Maybe Debbie finally realizes that when she speaks off the cuff, with unprepared remarks, she has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth big time.

Too bad there’s not a “free” pill for that.

GarandFan on March 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM

No,I don’t think so. Democrats don’t really want people to participate in the economy. They want people to be dependent on government assistance. Certainly the Occupy movement does not want anyone to participate in the economy.

Oh, and buy me birth control!

azkag on March 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM

But enough about Romney.

lorien1973 on March 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I bet if I threw a ball she would chase after it.

St Gaudens on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

SD Tom on March 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I actually have that quote on my computer at work. Also, this one:

“If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.” Winston Churchill

mrsmwp on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

She looks like Miss Piggy which is disturbing.

Always liked Miss Piggy…

CorporatePiggy on March 21, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Wow…Debbie Washerwoman Schlitz is an ignorant lying bimbo???

Who knew?

Justrand on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Just a few of the things you require ID for.
Visit the White House
Visit the Depatment of Justice

Rent an apartment
Buy a house
Buy a car
Ride on Amtrack
Get married
Got to a doctor
Open a bank account
Take out a loan
cash a check
Get a credit card
Vote in a labor Union election
Get a mailbox at the Post Office
Adopt a pet
Purchase a gun
Make a credit card purchase at Best Buy
Get stopped by a policeman

mouell on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

“These are not the droids you are looking for, move along”, says DWS, smoothly waving her hand.

Are you gonna believe DWS or your lying eyes?

It’s like they have no idea there’s something called videotape or tape recorders, they are literally insane.

dthorny on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I’d say “What a Maroon” but that would be an insult to “Maroons” everywhere….

Debbie is such a Git ((defined)

ProfShadow on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I hope the DNC keeps putting her out there..!

d1carter on March 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Please!…tell me she has had her tubes tied!

KOOLAID2 on March 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Nailed it SD Tom

HatfieldMcCoy on March 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

So according to Debbuh and her fellow Dumocrats, the following are Jim Crow racists…

TSA
DMV
Banks
Movie Theaters
Liquor Stores
Department Stores
Grocery Stores
Bars
Restaurants…

The Ugly American on March 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I had been calling her Debbie “We Own the Economy” Schultz, but I may have to go with Debbie “I Did’t Say That” Schultz.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Meanwhile…………..

The Black Panrher Intimidation at the voting areas
gets dropped by Holder!!

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I bet if I threw a ball she would chase after it.

St Gaudens on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I know she’s chased a bunch of parked cars……and caught em.

dthorny on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I can honestly say I HATE this woman more than Pelosi.

gerrym51 on March 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM

See I’m more “tolerant”. I hate them both equally….just in different ways.

Tim_CA on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Is it a lie if the liar is to stupid to know that she’s lying? This is like one of those zen things.

abobo on March 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Like i’ve said before,Team Democrat are stuck in the 1800′s,
while Team Republican are in the 21ST. Century!!

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM

America’s favorite lifelike talking-points robot

ROFLMAO. Funniest thing I’ve read today (so far; hey, the night is young). Good thing I hadn’t gotten to my beer yet or somebody was gonna owe me a new keyboard.

dissent555 on March 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I bet if I threw a ball she would chase after it.

St Gaudens on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I know she’s chased a bunch of parked cars……and caught em.

dthorny on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I’ll bet her little leg really pumps when you scratch her butt real fast.

Tim_CA on March 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Crap,s/p,thats Panther,not(Panrher)!!!

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

abobo on March 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I don’t the answer to that, but I bet DWS has convinced herself that she didn’t say it, evidence be d@mned.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Keep talking, Deb. Please keep talking!

katy the mean old lady on March 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

You’ll need the mark of the beast in a few years to participate in the economy so no worries.

vcferlita on March 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Meanwhile…..this is about to go off!

Trayvon Martin shooting @BuzzFeedBen tweeted:
*********************************************

Tweet location: Manhattan, NY
******************************

Protesters chanting “we are all Trayvon Martin” filling the street for a long city block in Chelsea http://t.co/w7chN55P

Submitted 54 mins ago from twitter.com/BuzzFeedBen
============================

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM

O/T,

Louisiana Gov. Jindal declares state of emergency following storms

Submitted 8 mins ago from http://www.wdsu.com
===========================

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM

What a stupid c*&^ and t$#@. Since that is apparently still an appropriate way to talk about women politicians given that Obama is keeping Maher’s contribution to his campaign.

Bottom line, Debbie’s gaffe was sneering at the reporter and making the claim that she never said that. She would have been far better off to have made the claim “That’s not what I meant” before she stormed off. Nevermind it didn’t answer the question, it eliminated this sort of video where you get an unambiguous denial with an equally clear attack on the GOP.

Happy Nomad on March 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM

azkag on March 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM

2 things:

1) you need photo ID to cash that welfare check, so regardless of econ participation, those folks need ID; and
2) Dems don’t want people to get photo IDs because then their main argument that voter ID laws disenfranchise poor and minority voters who don’t have photo IDs goes bye-bye. And how on earth can Dems get all those felons, illegals and dead people to vote if all those folks have photo ID? Hence, their no photo ID stance.

rcpjr on March 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Congress Spinelessly Hands Over Power to the American Caligula: President sends money to Egyptian military that Congress denies. The only thing missing is the Horse Senator.

Mutnodjmet on March 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Ms. Wasserman-Shultz’s voice, just bring back memories of a boring teacher who would scrape her fingernails on a black board to wake the students up.

DVPTexFla on March 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Like I’ve been saying , she is the best DNC chairperson ever! Definitely a keeper. Keep talking, more please.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Had this saved!!

US AG Eric Holder addresses voter rights
Uploaded by kxan on Dec 13, 2011
*********************************

Attorney General Eric Holder is talking at Austin’s LBJ Library about the importance of equal access to the ballot box – a hot topic in Texas.
================

canopfor on March 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

See I’m more “tolerant”. I hate them both equally….just in different ways.

Tim_CA on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I’m with you on this point. But for me, I’m not sure “hate” is strong enough a word to express what I feel when I hear either of them.

Happy Nomad on March 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I can honestly say I HATE this woman more than Pelosi.

gerrym51 on March 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quite a threesome opportunity there, I’d say. :P

lorien1973 on March 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Hatchet Job.
Not the interviewer, her face.

nimrod on March 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Literally.

ctmom on March 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

In Wisconsin, the WI Bill of Rights includes the rights to “fish and hunt, under reasonable limitations” (#26) and to own and use a gun for “defense, security,hunting and sport”.

Both of these rights require an ID – a WI ID – to exercise a citizen’s WI Constitutional rights.

Oddly, the Urinal Sentinel has stopped running articles on the Voter ID law since I posted that tidbit.

Daisy_WI on March 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

She’s the leading the pack for the Baghdad Bob Denial of Reality Award.

But this is comedy gold, and you, AP, are the instant thread winner:

…her cheap, lousy attack about the GOP bringing back Jim Crow caused a momentary glitch in her talking-points processing software and she shorted out.

Simply awesome.

av8tr on March 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM

mouell on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

You forgot:

apply for government assistance of any type.

chemman on March 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

That’s literally not what she literally said. Literally.

Christien on March 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Saw this obviously racist sign at my pharmacy drive-thru the other day. I was just horrified!

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Hmm…, how will requiring photo I.D. discriminate against students? As I recall, college students usually have a few photo IDs, at least until they turn 21.

LASue on March 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I think Bill Maher used the correct word to describe a woman like this………

tractah on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

And students need a photo ID just to take the SAT or ACT, which is required for admission to most universities.

LASue on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

You would think having a photo ID was a crime in this nation.

ButterflyDragon on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Schultzie learned from the master.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Why do we need early voting? Absentee or vote on election day.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

The video of Debbie Does Downers which includes her interview with the media talking head has Debs using the word literally twice in referring to Jim Crow laws. I don’t think that she knows what the word literally means.

An aside (but just further evidence of how vacuous Dem followers are), on the morning FM radio talk show Quinn & Rose out of Pittsburgh today, Jim Quinn said that the drunk who was praising Biden during the St. Patrick’s Day parade has been identified. While he did not name her, he said that the woman has a rap sheet (for drugs, if I recall correctly), and she has also been convicted of food-stamp fraud. At an earlier time, she publicly confronted a now-deceased KDKA radio host with a double-handed, in your face middle finger with lots of verbal abuse. She must be a real piece of work– another classy Biden/Obama fan.

onlineanalyst on March 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

As annoying and stupid as she is, Debbie Dunce is a gift to the GOP. When she opens her trap she alienates voters in droves.

Philly on March 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM

LASue on March 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

When I was in college, we had to have a photo ID on us to register for classes, buy books, even enter some buildings.

lorien1973 on March 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM

As the secondary headline says… Nuance. She may be a nuisance, but her words broadcast out into the realms of TV are not a nuance! Just more of the propaganda I’ve come to despise my own mother for spewing, mainly cuz she watches that tripe night after night (and is married to a lawyer). The queen of janitor mops** and her buddies at the alphabet soup brigade win these little mini-battles just about every time due to the ratio of TV viewers-to-internet sites such as these, but more and more are being lost. Anyone else sense it?

Double standard, schmubble standard, the LSM is THE standard for millions. Fluke her!

ABO/FBO! **no offense to janitors or mops

ahlaphus on March 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Whenever I see DWS talking about “reality,” I feel like I need to flip my body upside down, slant my head to the right, open my mouth just so, put my left leg over my right shoulder, close my left eye, squint out of my right, and then, maybe, just maybe, I, too, will see the world in the same skewed, screwed up way.

As an aside, you really have to admire a woman, who can grow pubic hair on her head.

Resist We Much on March 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Resist We Much on March 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Now that’s funny!

St Gaudens on March 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Hardest hit: liars.

princetrumpet on March 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

SD Tom on March 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I actually have that quote on my computer at work. Also, this one:

mrsmwp on March 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Many thanks to both of you.

GrannyDee on March 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Schultzie learned from the master.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Don’t worry, I’m having trouble mastering your technique for short links too.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Sandra Fluke, desperately trying to extend her 15 minutes, said we need more Debbie Wasserman Shultzs’.

Wagthatdog on March 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

They had to rewire the Transfomer.

joeswampy on March 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Icing on the cake is her use of the term ‘literally’. I’m not sure she knows what it means.

bictech on March 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Schultzie learned from the master.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Don’t worry, I’m having trouble mastering your technique for short links too.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Takes a little practice. On the above, I found my vid, started playing it and clicked on the videos URL to highlight it, then held the Ctrl key and hit C for copy.

Then I went back to my post and highlighted the word “master,” then clicked on the blue link tab at the top of the comment box. A smaller box then pops up that asks me to paste my url (Ctrl and V), then click OK in the little box and your word should be linked in blue and will lead to your pic, vid, article, or whatever.

It took me a few tries to get it right too. Once you get it down though, it’s a pretty easy process.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Waiting for libtardforlife to defend her in 3,2,1……….

chewmeister on March 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Just a few of the things you require ID for.
mouell on March 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Visit the White House
Why do Democrats not want citizens to have access to the White House?

Buy a house
Why do Democrats not want citizens to be able to buy a house?

Buy a car
Why do Democrats not want citizens to be able to buy a car?

Ride on Amtrack
Why do Democrats not want citizens to be able to travel cheaply?

The commercials just write themselves. Good grief Republicans, get a clue!!

LoganSix on March 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Debbie’s the only woman in America required by law to douche.

jan3 on March 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I often wonder if her face hurts her…….’cause it sure the hell hurts me.

antipc on March 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

BREAKING:

Rep. Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) submits bill to ban all photo-ids nationwide

BobMbx on March 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

How do we know she literally said it without checking some ID?

profitsbeard on March 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

lorien1973 on March 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Alan Grayson comes to mind…

affenhauer on March 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. SD Tom on March 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Word. A lot of people in this country are practically begging to have the yoke of tyranny slipped over their shoulders. It’s very scary, because there’s almost always someone waiting in the wings to do just that.

smellthecoffee on March 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Surely, we’re not surprised. She is definitely the female version of Alan Grayson, only worse. I didn’t think that was possible until now. The authors reference to her being a robot is spot on.

JeffPBlues on March 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM

“The sudden change of subject from women’s history month (the topic of the forum) to her cheap, lousy attack about the GOP bringing back Jim Crow caused a momentary glitch in her talking-points processing software and she shorted out”.

DELICIOUS!

Opposite Day on March 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Speaking of Alan Grayson…

Comrade Alan Grayson Survives Assassination Attempt!

Resist We Much on March 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM

And she totally literally doesn’t use mayonnaise in her hair. It’s literally Miracle Whip™.

Chickyraptor on March 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

predator on March 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Try your link at 8:55 : )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

One great thing about Wasserman-Schultz. We kill each other on other threads but she brings us all together.

LOL

gerrym51 on March 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

She is definitely the gift that keeps on giving. I can’t imagine anyone other than Sheila Jackson-Lee that shows such ineptitude!

austinconservative on March 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

RedNewEnglander on March 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Well. it is in Texas, after all.

What else would you expect from a bunch of gun-totin’ bitter clingin’ theocrats?

VelvetElvis on March 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Try your link at 8:55 : )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Well poo, that’s a first.

Hmmm…

predator on March 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM

That one works. It’s only a three-second vid, so maybe I wasn’t quick enough. ???

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Set Universal Translator to “Useful Idiot”

Set Phasers to “Skank”.

Load Photon Torpedos with numerous and sundry feminine hygiene products.

Fire!

Tim_CA on March 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I’m a pharmacist. that is actually the law in most states including mine. the drivers license number gets transmitted to the government/dea when controlled substance filled. However it can be anybodys drivers license. the RX does not have to be for the person dropping it off.

gerrym51 on March 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Well poo, that’s a first.

Hmmm…

predator on March 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM

That works. I still am not having any luck. I went back to some ancient threads to test. You know so it wouldn’t be embarrassing. I’m on a mac, you?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Don’t Democrats want to incentivize people to apply for photo ID?

One would think so, because what better way is there for The Central Government to keep tabs on its citizens than starting with an ID? Democrats should be all for this, preferably with biometric tracking information.

William Teach on March 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hold it, I think I have it. Stop laughing at me. Its embarrassing enough to learn this stuff out here in the open.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

DWS in “twitter speak” means, “Get a hairdo” ….

dawndawn on March 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I’m on a mac, you?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I’m on a PC. Wouldn’t think it would matter, but who knows?

If there’s any mac users here, maybe they can tell. I used them back in school years ago, and that sort of function seemed to work with either machine. But that was a long time ago, so maybe I’m wrong about that.

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Ya got it, Bmore! Congrats!

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM

It worked! Yay! I can make a short link. I’m still new ya know. A work in progress.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Gonna read a chapter of the book I’m on then hit the rack. Today at work was rough. Hung out here too late. ;)

predator on March 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Interesting statement in that video, “These laws would discriminate against those more likely to vote for Democrat candidates than Republican candidates”. What a remarkable insight from Debbie Downer! … and how truthful and accurate!

Dead people are way more likely to vote for Democrats than Republicans
Illegal aliens are way more likely to vote for Democrats than Republicans
Fraudulent voters bused in the day of the election are way more likely to vote for Demcrats than Republicans

So, Debbie Downer is telling the truth when she says that voter ID laws would discriminate against those more likely to vote for Democrat candidates than Republican candidates.

Thanks Debbie for shining the light of truth on your aims

AZfederalist on March 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM