Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on March 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Absent reform, government programs designed in the middle of the 20th century cannot fulfill their promises in the 21st century. It is a mathematical and demographic impossibility. And we said so.

“We assumed there would be some who would distort for political gain our efforts to preserve programs like Medicare. Having been featured in an attack ad literally throwing an elderly woman off a cliff, I can confirm that those assumptions were on the mark…

“The president’s budget gives more power to unelected bureaucrats, takes more from hard-working taxpayers to fuel the expansion of government, and commits our nation to a future of debt and decline.

“The contrast with our budget couldn’t be clearer: We put our trust in citizens, not government. Our budget returns power to individuals, families and communities. It draws inspiration from the Founders’ belief that all people are born with an unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness. Protecting this right means trusting citizens, not nameless government officials, to decide what is in their best interests and make the right choice about our nation’s future.”

***

“Mr. Ryan proposes a budget path that would leave government unable to fulfill essential functions. As the Congressional Budget Office’s analysis finds, by 2050 his budget would reduce federal spending for everything besides Social Security, health programs and interest payments to less than 4 percent of the gross domestic product, down from 12.5 percent in 2011. Since, as the CBO notes, ‘spending for defense alone has not been lower than 3 percent of GDP’ since World War II, and Mr. Ryan wants to increase defense spending, there would be essentially nothing left for the rest of government — nothing for education, for highways, for veterans, for low-income families, for the FBI.

“Even in the short term, the Ryan cuts would be breathtaking. He would impose spending caps that would reduce domestic discretionary spending by $800 billion more over the next 10 years than the cuts agreed to as part of the debt-ceiling deal. Mr. Ryan argues that he would strengthen the safety net by transforming programs such as Medicaid and food stamps into block grants for the states. But the plan would cut Medicaid funding by one-fifth over the next decade, not to mention repealing the new health-care law’s expansion of Medicaid to those slightly above the poverty level.

“Mr. Ryan is right about the risks posed by the nation’s mounting debt. But we think his lopsided approach is dangerously wrong for the country.”

***

“Democrats are organizing media blitzes, House floor speeches and town halls back home to seize on the changes to Medicare that Republicans are expected to propose Tuesday. To blunt GOP talking points that only Republicans are willing to confront the debt, Democrats intend to unveil their own budget next week calling for a mix of spending cuts and tax hikes on the rich…

“‘They can run, but they cannot hide from their Medicare plan, which ends the Medicare guarantee at the same time they’re providing big new tax breaks to millionaires and protecting special interest tax loopholes,’ Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) told POLITICO in an interview Monday…

“‘For the next few days, all our focus is going to be on Medicare,’ said a senior Democratic aide, who added that no Democrats were expected to support the House Republican budget when it heads to the floor for a vote next week.”

***

“The debut of the House Budget Committee chairman’s vision for what conservative governance could and should look like might win him kudos from the conservative policy class, but it elicits only groans from GOP political professionals.

“‘As a campaign issue, the budget is a significant challenge for GOP candidates,’ said Bob Honold, a GOP strategist and partner at Revolution Agency. ‘As a campaign strategy, it is so much more difficult for Republicans to communicate their responsible solutions than it is for Democrats to spook seniors with rhetoric.’

“Another senior GOP strategist was far more blunt. ‘Didn’t they learn their lesson?’ the source asked. ‘House Republicans are still under the mistaken impression they have to lead. It’s a presidential election year; they’re along for the ride.’”

***

“Most important, this budget tests Ryan’s reputation as a fiscal hawk, especially his tax plan. The latter would reduce the individual tax rates (which make up the majority of government revenue) to two brackets of 10 percent and 25 percent, while lowering the corporate tax rate to 25 percent. The Joint Committee on Taxation released a report last October saying that it would be hard to reduce the corporate tax rate to anything lower than 28 percent without losing money. Ryan’s plan would also create a territorial tax system that would offer a low tax rate, if any taxes, on the profit that U.S. companies earn overseas–a page from the playbook of the Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, who introduced a similar international tax plan last fall.

“To pay for these tax cuts, Ryan says that his budget would close tax loopholes–a political dodge both parties lean on heavily when talking taxes. But for an economic nerd like Ryan, the dodge does not come across well. Which loopholes? Would it be the wildly popular mortgage-interest deduction that encourages millions of Americans to buy homes, or the tax break that goes to employers that offer health care? And which segment of the population would bear the brunt of the elimination of certain tax breaks–the middle class, the poor, or the wealthy?”

***

“With the House set to engage in another vicious fight over today’s new 2013 budget proposal by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., we are witnessing once again a phenomenon that’s been apparent since the 2010 election: the tea party movement still holds the commanding heights of American politics. It is still setting the agenda for national debate. It wants what it wants. And it doesn’t much care what anyone in either the GOP or Democratic Party thinks about it…

“Fault them if you will as a band of primitivist monomaniacs, question whether they are sincere enough to surrender their own Social Security and Medicare as well as everyone else’s, but the tea partiers are not going to fade away. They clearly represent a deep and abiding — and perhaps last-ditch– movement of resistance to the indomitable tendency of American government to grow ever larger. They know that the various eruptions of conservative rebellion since the Reagan era, including the Gingrich-led takeover of the House in 1994, each amounted to little more than one step forward, two steps back. They know that George W. Bush blew the budget out entirely. And they know that none of the GOP candidates, ‘establishment’ or not, is delivering up the answer they want. Except maybe for Ron Paul, which accounts for his rise from the fringes…

“Like them or not, they’re not going away, no matter who wins in November.”

***

“The reaction to Ryan’s tax plan will be the truly telling thing. He proposes to create two relatively low tax brackets but to do so in a way that achieves revenue neutrality by eliminating most deductions and exclusions. Almost certainly this will mean reducing or eliminating the mortgage-interest deduction, deductions for state and local taxes, and deductions for charitable giving. (Ramesh’s beloved child tax credit probably will survive, unfortunately.) The Committee to Reinflate the Bubble will fight tooth and talon to defend the mortgage-interest deduction, and they’ll have a great many middle-class homeowners behind them.

“Politicians in both parties (and many of my colleagues at this magazine) speak constantly of defending the interests of the middle class, but it is precisely the middle class that will have to see higher taxes or lower benefits or both if the country is to remain solvent. We could tax the rich at 100 percent and still fail to balance the budget, and the Bush tax cuts for the $200,000-and-up set are dwarfed by the Bush tax cuts for the middle class. Meanwhile, more than two-thirds of federal transfer payments go to the non-poor, mainly to the middle class. It is the middle class, not the wealthy, that enjoys relatively light taxation.

“Some generations have to storm Normandy, some have to give up tax-code housing welfare for relatively well-off homeowners. Watch your back, Mr. Chairman.”

***

“I’m very supportive of the Ryan budget plan. It’s a bold and exciting effort on his part and on the part of the Republicans and it’s very much consistent with what I put out earlier. I think it’s amazing that we have a president who three and a half years in still hasn’t put a proposal out that deals with entitlements. This president’s dealing with entitlement reform — excuse me — this budget deals with entitlement reform, tax policy, which as you know is very similar to the one that I put out and efforts to reign in excessive spending. I applaud it. It’s an excellent piece of work and very much needed.”

***

“‘We do believe that our nominee, whoever this person is going to be, is going to be perfectly consistent with this,’ Ryan told reporters as he unveiled his Road to Prosperity budget. ‘I’ve spoken to all of these guys – and they believe that we are heading in the right direction.’…

“‘Our nominee owes it to the country to give them a choice of two futures,’ Ryan said. ‘We’re helping him do that.’”

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

***

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Who said they had never heard of Ferry. Try this one. Silky smooth.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

That would be me sir. How the heck could I have a fairly good–I thought, music collection and not have heard of Roxy music? I assume they were from the eighties ala the Cars, Tom Petty etc. That is why I come to HA. Not to blow smoke up your wazoo Bmore but you have really been a great addition to HA.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

So Predator’s back? Was it all a mistake?

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

cpaulus on March 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

If you like Nugent check this one out the old group lives anew, well kinda. Dire has seen it so he will wonder why I’m posting it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDA5nHlDrQ&ob=av2n

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

It was a giltch. Which is worse than a glitch.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Catchy tune..I dig the red hair too..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

She has dreamy eyes too. (:

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

platypus on March 21, 2012 at 1:34 AM

First, warriors? Name names! Second, do you know anything about that one percent plan that the Cato institute has come up with and being promoted by Rep. Mack? It sounds to painless to be true.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

So Predator’s back? Was it all a mistake?

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Kinda, kinda not. Towards the bottom. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/20/open-thread-illinois/comment-page-1/#comments

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Sorry Lanceman , middle of the page.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I need a song.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM

How about some…Bryan Ferry?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Sorry..I didn’t mean to disrespect you in the least..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Dire, OMG I was just kidding, I HATE PC.
My bad joke, I should just stick to tunes.
No apology necessary. That’s why I said I don’t need a sarc tag.
I sure hope you see this.

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Lanceman for the rest you have to go to Mad Cons on the wings thread. I can’t post much more. I’m trying to lay a little low.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Smart man!

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

How about some…Bryan Ferry?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Always have room for Roxy or Ferry.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

So Predator’s back? Was it all a mistake?

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Ed paying half assed attn to what he was doing…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Oh crap, this could be fun. At least you didn’t make my mistake and say Ma’am. LOL!

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Bmore, see my reply to Dire.
My lame joke, I am not offended. I HATE PC.

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Oh ok. I ask because I’m a bit worried about myself.

blink on March 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Boo, when those comments start disappearing on ya over and over start to worry. Oh and check for emails after that. You won’t like it so straighten up! ; )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Do not sweat it dear lady..You just keep posting..I like your posts..:)

PS..No PC here..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

More ferry

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

It was a giltch. Which is worse than a glitch.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I got it. That was good. He’s been here longer than I have, so it’s good now.

Now if Random would just do the same, he might get back in. Random getting banned is like Bradky getting banned. Or Bruti getting banned. God knows I can’t stand either one..

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

blink on March 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I see you messing with those folks on the Cameron thread. Too funny! If you don’t use really bad language, promote violence or insult the hosts, I can’t imagine you would have anything to worry about. There is no one more judgmental than those nonjudgmental folks.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I knew you weren’t, I thought it was funny. Dire is a really great guy. HeII he’s almost as nice, if not nicer then me.; )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Are you warming up to the Buckley rule??..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Really Lanceman? Bradky, well no accounting for taste I guess.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Are you warming up to the Buckley rule??..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Daddy B. believed in honesty…baby B. believes in hype…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

More ferry…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Doing some dusting I see. ; )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Here is another red head that is awesome looking..Plus she sings well..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Leave Ed Alone!!!!!

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Really Lanceman? Bradky, well no accounting for taste I guess.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Both Bradky and MJ Bruti are a$$hole trolls. Not liberals, but annoying none-the-less. Not to be confused with regular trolls or concern trolls.

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

More ferry…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

i love it. Are you old enough to remember when each week they had the the top twenty? playlists at the drug store? How about surf tunes and the maltese cross us kids would wear?

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Stick with Daddy B..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Doing some dusting I see. ; )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

A twofer, broadening my Cuz’s horizons and Rick rolling…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Leave Ed Alone!!!!!

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

OK, alt…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

There is one thing I should mention to you and everyone else hear The email I got specifically said to never mention a banned posters name in any of the threads. It didn’t say anything about open threads. But I’m gonna play it safe and try to avoid using their names anywhere.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Stick with Daddy B..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Ok then, all 4 R’s running for POTUS suck. But not more than the obamanation thus, one of the R’s will get my vote in November…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

My bestest buddy lives in CFalls…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Spring has not sprung yet.
This is me.

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Frack that sheeeit…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Lanceman on March 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

All you have to do is love Romney and hate Palin and they will hug you and squeeze you and call you George.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Here is another red head that is awesome looking..Plus she sings well..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Very pretty lady but I have come to a sad conclusion. Watching these clips especially ones from the sixties made me realize white people can’t dance for sh!t. Just another burden to bear :)

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Spring has not sprung yet.
This is me.

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM

It has here the poland is as thick as I’ve ever seen it.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Someone asked me a question earlier in this thread was it you arnold?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Snowed in, eh…80′s here in the Rock…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Someone asked me a question earlier in this thread was it you arnold?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

That I didn’t respond to.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Someone asked me a question earlier in this thread was it you arnold?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Yeah it was me.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Husband and I went to see Bryan Ferry in the 80s when we lived in Chicago. He had the most hypnotic voice…like Sirens beckoning an Italian cruise ship toward the rocks.

Hope I’m not being repetitive by posting Love is the Drug.

:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Yeah it was me.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

LOL! Okay? What was the ? again?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Dire is a really great guy. HeII he’s almost as nice, if not nicer then me.; )Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I’m having translation issues it appears guess it’s way past nitey nite time for me. Glad it’s sorted out. :):)

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

A fantastic voice and an interesting stage presence.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Totally amazing. I’m a 28-year-old Detroit transplant to Texas for school. I bought a record player about a year ago and the Stranglehold album was one of my first buys. He’s completely underrated.

cpaulus on March 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Here is another red head that is awesome looking..Plus she sings well..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dire is that Kate from 52′s fame”

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

cpaulus on March 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Yeah, thats a pretty good vid of the old men. Holmes still has one hell of a set of pipes.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM cpaulus on March 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

My son says he puts on an awesome live show!!

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Maybe not quite that old

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Here is another sampling of her..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Snowed in, eh…80′s here in the Rock…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Not snowed in, 60′s last week, back to light snow (that doesn’t stick) wind, cold, gray….

80′s! – u suck, :)

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Dire is that Kate from 52′s fame”

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Bingo!..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Who said they had never heard of Ferry. Try this one. Silky smooth.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bmore that was the original question.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM

No problem..:):)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dire is that Kate from 52′s fame”

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Bingo!..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I recognizerered her immediately. She IS the B-52′s.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Here is another sampling of her..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Thx Dire. My daughter loved that group when she was little and before she became a communist.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM

of course that other B-52′s girl rocks also.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Bmore that was the original question.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Well I wouldn’t be asking Ed about me right now. But thanks. It is quite a surprise to have never heard of Roxy and Brian Ferry. Old timers as you can see. Like me. I tell you who stumped me, stumped me of all people. He is right here on this thread. He has a very deep portfolio of tunes. He smiles a lot too.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Maybe not quite that old…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

My son plays the guitar—heavy metal I think. His girlfriend calls it monster music. where they talk in a deep voice. He plays some of the Venture stuff as well.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

i hate to drag this rather depressing vid into this thread…but the crime is that we have a semi-literate press who can’t understand the US economy

this vid shows the comparison of our current/future debt service per year compared to the cost of wars per year over the last several wars.

i’m sure barry will blame bush but the fault lies much closer to home. And, sadly, only Ryan/Rs understand. I saw poor Kent Conrad at a presser reading his notes and talking points to the press (the ones that Axe gave him)…but it was half hearted. Even Kent knows the truth

but watch the vid and see where we’re headed as rates go up

r keller on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Bingo!..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Thought you’d get one by me didn’t you? : )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

For all of us this election season:

Ha-ha-ha bless your soul.
You think you’re in control
!”

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM

of course that other B-52′s girl rocks also.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM

That would be Cindy. Did you see the old vid I posted here for our Cyndy?

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Yep. Like I said earlier I have learned a lot and my Amazon music purchases reflect that.

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM

arnold ziffel on March 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Keep working with her..She will come around..They always do..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:56 AM

of course that other B-52′s girl rocks also.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Nope. I searched for it but couldn’t find it. I think a giltch erased my cookies. I had to log in again.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Never!!..The GA connection was in play..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 3:02 AM

of course that other B-52′s girl rocks also.

SparkPlug on March 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Its 3:00 gotta crash, SparkPlug, give this a tumble. Cindy and Ricky are brother and sister and or were the original base of the 52′s Ricky died on us. You see Keith and Fred and Ricky and Kate are gay. Cindy isn’t. Great folks Athens Ga. which as Dire can tell you has produced a band or two along the way. Sorry for the ad and sorry for the abrupt end. It was the only copy I saw right off. Ah we were all so much younger. Good Night all.

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Never!!..The GA connection was in play..:)

Dire Straits on March 21, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Your still a rascal. ; )

Bmore on March 21, 2012 at 3:04 AM

u suck, :)

MontanaMmmm on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Who’ve you been talking to, Willis???

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Oh well, time to hit the hay, no Red Eye I do believe. Stupid primaries. Good night, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Fave B-52′s
Monster

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Nite, CM…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Fave B-52′s
Monster

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 3:13 AM

He’s talking about his rock lobster…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Maybe Ryan’s plan will get the conversation back to the economy and away from Fluke. At least for a few days…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM

He’s talking about his rock lobster…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

A song about a monster in Fred Schneider’s pants? Really?? Hahahaha!!! One thing I caught is that “Monster” and “Love Shack” both feature that other Athens, Ga superstar, RuPaul.

:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Must be something in the water down in Athens, GA…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Must be something in the water down in Athens, GA…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Yep! Georgia. Who’d-a thunk?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Resist We Much on March 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Once again, good luck on campaigning to turn Medicare into a coupon program.

Uppereastside on March 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM

iCoupons republican solution to everything EVAH

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 21, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Youngest Boy Wonder on the left without shirt.

Cindy Munford on March 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM

He’s a cutie. How short did he cut his hair? It must be fun to have a kid in a band.

Night Owl on March 21, 2012 at 4:02 AM

The socialism is strong with this one (above)…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM

The obamanation sock puppet, not Night Owl…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 4:05 AM

The obamanation sock puppet, not Night Owl…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Thanks for clearing that up!

Night Owl on March 21, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Thanks for clearing that up!

Night Owl on March 21, 2012 at 4:26 AM

I type slooooooooooooooooooooow…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Couponmageddon aka RYAN budget

medicaid coupon
school voucher coupon
health saving coupon
food stamp coupon
social security coupon
retirement account coupon

its Couponmageddon

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 21, 2012 at 4:41 AM

The socialism is strong with this one (above)…

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM

My the force of the coupon be with you!

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 21, 2012 at 4:47 AM

*May

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 21, 2012 at 4:48 AM

none of that garbage is constitutional anyways. to hell with it all.

tom daschle concerned on March 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 21, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Uh, the only new ones that he has proposed on your laundry list are school vouchers and health care premium support. Both of which are optional. What’s more, the approach is an excellent way to go. Much better to empower individuals to choose among the available providers than to have the government be the monopoly. It’s called the free market and it works very well.

MJBrutus on March 21, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Funny thing about how some of the same people who support Paul Ryan and don’t support Romney. When you look at their plans and their ideas, the 2 are remarkably similar. So much, that there is no doubt that they have worked together at times and are reading from the same hymnal, so to speak.

On Medicare they collaborated on Ryan-Wyden for health care reform. No daylight there.

On SS, they both have proposed raising the eligibility age and reforming the benefit increase index. There are differences in some details, but there’s not much daylight between them there either.

On business taxes, they both want a territorial tax, corporate rate at 25% and simplification with elimination of most loopholes, credits, exemptions, etc.

On income taxes they both want a progressive system with fewer deductions and credits and fewer brackets along with vast simplification. Both are demanding provisions targeted at the middle class.

P.S. As I write this, I just heard a teaser on MoJo about comparing Ryan’s plan to the candidate’s plans. They must be monitoring what I type here :-)

MJBrutus on March 21, 2012 at 6:42 AM

don’t let them get you down ryan…go tell them all to pound sand…

good morning :)

cmsinaz on March 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM

steve rattner on morning joe-paraphrase ‘obama’s budget is WAY BETTER than ryan’s’…ryan wants to hurt the most disadvantage, yada, yada, yada, the white house talking points in full display….

nevermind the senate not doing a bloody thing…

cmsinaz on March 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

cmsinaz on March 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM

GM cms.

And, as expected, MoJo’s “economic expert” just spewed bold-faced lies and propaganda. Who knew that PBHO was a deficit hawk and Ryan and big spender?

MJBrutus on March 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM