Video: How long does it take to drive 80 miles at 80 miles per hour?

posted at 6:00 pm on March 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, America’s viral sensation du jour. When a marriage fails, it’s rare that anyone can look back and point to a single moment as the cause. Dude, this is that moment.

Actually, no. That moment is the moment he decided to upload the vid to YouTube. Seriously, is this for real? The guy who posted it turns out to be a “digital marketing professional.” C’mon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

He feels superior, she plays it up, she is attractive enough to do that,
karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

She is as “attractive” as he is “superior”.

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Dude is not gonna be getting much in the bedroom department from his wife after acting like such a jerk and then posting it online.

dczombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM

How long does it take to drive 80 miles at 80 miles per hour?

Forward or reverse?

petefrt on March 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

OK; Pound of feathers Vs. a pound of lead…

But answer me this: Which weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of styrofoam?

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I’m completely certain this video is not fake. Her ignorance is not shocking, it is commonplace. And it comes not from mathematical stupidity, but linguistic stupidity. Phrases, words and idioms mean nothing to the average person aside from being “sound patterns.” They have absolutely no clue about etymology, word origins, derivation, etc.

To her, the phrase “miles per hour” is just a series of phonetic sounds which indicate “velocity.” Thus, “10 miles per hour” means you’re going pretty slow, “40 miles per hour” means you are going medium, amd “80 miles per hour” means your’e going really fast. Period.

The key thing to her is the number, not the unit of measurement. He might as well have said to her, “We’re going 80 speed units. How far can we go when we’re traveling 80 speed units?”

The same thing happens when people learn “conversational French” though some of these language schools: they aren’t taught the grammatical structure or derivation (or even spelling) of any phrase, they are just told which series of sounds to utter in any particular social setting. Thus, if you’re meeting a friend for the first time in a while, you are taught to say “Kama tallay voo,” and the student does not know (and does not care) that it’s spelled “Comment allez-vous” which translates roughly to “How goes it for you?” In fact, the grammar behind something as deceptively simple as “Comment allez-vous” is actually quite complicated and takes months of study to fully grasp, so the new method of teaching is just to skip all that and get straight to the point of how to converse on a basic level.

The origin of her manifest ignorance is that she has been taught English in this same manner, according to modern education techniques. Instruction in the fundamentals of grammar has been purposely dumbed down or even eliminated, because it was one of the persistent sources of “the education gap.” As a result, no students really learn grammar properly any more, and this video is the result.

If she has been taught from infancy (as kids were in “the old days”) to break down each sentence into its components, and to analyze the meaning of each idiom, then she would grasp the answer to the problem as effortlessly as the rest of us old farts.

I don’t think she’s an idiot, and nor do I think he main weakness is math. She’s the product of a broken educational system that fails to properly teach grammar.

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Red state girls. Love ‘em.

urban elitist on March 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Blue State Women.

No contest

HotAirian on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

She believes in anthropomorphic global warming, doesn’t she?
She must be a prof at the Univ. Of Pennsylvania.

pat on March 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM

As a man who has studied the hard sciences… I must scream…

YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH YOUR
UUUUUUUUNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Chaz706 on March 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM

FAKE I knew girls who were honor students that would play this dumb on purpose. But that era and maybe still today, being smart was not ‘cool’. Plus Dumb & Dumber and a slew of other films made it popular.

MechanicalBill on March 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I think your linguistic analysis is interesting, and could be correct.

Certainly this indicates a massive failure in education. If the nation is ever to recover, the progressives must be driven far away from the education of teachers, where they have held domination for decades. This failure rests entirely on Progressivism.

philwynk on March 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Interesting idea. It would explain a lot.

trigon on March 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Blue State Women.

No contest

HotAirian on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I have my 4 year old grandson on my lap and I just clicked on your link. First word out of his mouth, YUCK!

Out of the mouths of babes….

Vince on March 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Am I the only one wondering what it is in that dude’s lap that’s panning the camera around the interior of the car? Just sayin’.

Pilgrimsarbour on March 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM

How long does it take to drive 80 miles at 80 miles per hour?

Hmmmmm, you mean for Grad-school, ivy-league Leftists, or for the rest of us?

minnesoter on March 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It’s kinda like the guy who screamed, call 9-1-1.
The girl with the phone kept saying what’s the number for 9-1-1?

But I bet she knows every song Lady Gaga song word for word.

Shakes head, shrugs shoulders, oh well.

SFTech on March 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I still think this is likely fake, but I certainly agree where it comes to language education. I’ve seen entirely too many Russian language programs that rely on that sort of uselessness. “Cock vase zuh-VOOT…”

Think of all the utter stupidity of your French example above, but also factor in that Russian uses a different alphabet, and there is absolutely no way anybody has a prayer of making heads or tails of anything written under this method, let alone half of what is said as actual spoken Russian is fairly different than English approximates of the “proper” enunciation.

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM

OK; Pound of feathers Vs. a pound of lead…

But answer me this: Which weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of styrofoam?

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

The pound of styrofoam.

Yoop on March 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Spot on. Notice how people say, “Walla!” in lieu of “Voila!” They are just trying to mimic the sound. Don’t get me started on how many “educated” people do not know the difference between “then” and “than,” “further” and “farther,” et cetera.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Link taken down from Drudge again about Malia’s vacay. Daily Mail scrubbed its link too. Were it the Bush twins, their location would be front page of NYT.

andy85719 on March 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

*cough*Troy ounces*cough*

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

“Lose” vs “Loose.” I literally growl upon seeing that.

And no, not the similarly annoyingly common overuse of “literally” over “figuratively.” The sound “grrrr” comes out of my mouth when seeing the word “loose” incorrectly inserted into crap all over the Internet.

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Fake.

Ted Torgerson on March 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM

^^ Thought of another one: I all too often see the phrase “should of,” instead of the necessary use of a verb in “should have.” The English language is only a step and a half above random grunting at that point…

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

MechanicalBill on March 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

You mean like a certain jug-eared dictator who was educated at exclusive schools most his life (not counting the madrassa in Indonesia). When it comes to town halls and campaign speeches he talks at a third grade level and drops lots of “g”s. For example he isn’t talking about healthcare he’s talkin’ about healthcare. It is faux populism but sadly even when he is trying to be more Presidential he only rises to the seventh grade level so Democrats will be able to follow along in their socialist hymnals. I defy anybody to find an Obama speech where it shows that the man has the ablity to critically analyze a situtation and communicate the situation will all the nuances. Instead we have an idiot who calls Navy enlisted medical personnel “corpsemen” and repeats often-told misinformation about “Roootherford B. Hayes.”

Happy Nomad on March 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Well, ya know, it’s like everybody does it, ya know…

Yoop on March 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Your post reminds me of a book that was popular back in the 1990′s concerning proper punctuation. The title is derived from something the author saw about panda bears. The offensive line was that a panda eats, shoots, and leaves. When the correct sentence would have been a panda eats shoots and leaves. Which is good because the world has enough problems without armed dash and dine pandas.

Happy Nomad on March 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I will always gladly except any lesson you have, when or if you see me post something incorrectly. I am trying to improve.

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Yoop on March 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Yep!

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

She estimated 56 minutes based on her own observations. In engineering, this answer is what we would call “right”.

Haiku Guy on March 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

But how fast is that is furlongs per fortnight?

WhatNot on March 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

A slut says what?

ray on March 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

A slut says what?

ray on March 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Kinda harsh don’t you think?

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Just going for the Wayne’s world ignorance vibe… :)

ray on March 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I completely agree with Zombie. I was in advanced classes all throughout middle school, but dropped down to “Stupid English” when I got into high school so I would have time to focus on science, math, and extra-curriculars. I was never taught any grammar after I went to high school. Once in a blue moon we would get a worksheet without without being taught anything.

Contrast that with advanced English in middle school. We were learning Latin and Greek roots, occasionally had a detailed grammar lesson and my eight grade teacher even made all of us learn every English participle by rote.

Fizzmaister on March 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Happy Nomad on March 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Why couldn’t it be: a panda eats, shits, and leaves?

arnold ziffel on March 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Just going for the Wayne’s world ignorance vibe… :)

ray on March 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Oh, party on………

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

arnold ziffel on March 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Apparently it can. Who knew. Had I said that, it would have ended up in the mill. Who do you know?

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I am sure it is not news to anybody who those this chick that she is stupid.

Elizabetty on March 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse, it just did:

factsonlypls on March 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

second look at paying for other peoples contraception?

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Q: If birth control costs $9/month, then how much does it cost per year?

A: A thousand dollars.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hmm?

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Now the crunching of the Malia vacay story is becoming the story: Who Keeps 404ing Stories about Malia Obama’s Spring Break Trip to Mexico?

For the record, it appears that the media in Mexico broke this story.

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Q: If birth control costs $9/month, then how much does it cost per year?

A: A thousand dollars.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

It’s 3 thousand dollars, moran!

lorien1973 on March 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I can believe it. She’s over-thinking it, mixing her own experience with a straight math question. Part of it could be that she’s thinking of mph as the speed of the car’s speedometer, so she’s hung up on the tires being the same size.

I’ve seen a Youtube clip of a French quiz show where the guy was asked something like “The Earth rotates around the sun. What body does the moon rotate around?” He wasn’t sure and had to waste a help question to ask the audience — and then the majority of the audience got it wrong. He went with the audience’s answer. The wife was in seats, more than a little annoyed.

Aardvark on March 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse, it just did:

factsonlypls on March 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

The first video looked real to me, but I think she’s faking it in this video.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

The worst thing is, she’s probably a math teacher…..

KimS on March 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

This colloquialism drives me batty: very well educated people around here say, “I should have went…” It’s like fingernails on a blackboard to me!

Chewy the Lab on March 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Fizzmaister on March 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

In my ‘advanced’ English(American?) class, I had a Creative Writing paper marked down for spelling errors when I had an English character use the words “Colour” and “Flavour” in a quote and for a reference to “Dental Caries”.

After 35 years, I carry the annoyance with me still.

You chose wisely.

OBQuiet on March 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

For the record, it appears that the media in Mexico broke this story.

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

What kind of parents think it is OK to let a 13 yr old have a Spring Break? Secret Servic bor not, is this what our children should expect.
We are just in the middle of Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdale. Yeah, I really want to have a 13 yr. old see this action.

katy the mean old lady on March 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

It wasn’t based on her own observations. She pulled it out of her butt.

blink on March 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

And that butt has likely solved most of her problems…

ray on March 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

As a Utahan I feel the need to comment:

This woman definitely represents Logan, Utah.

CABE on March 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If this is real, and it may be– they walk among us and 52% of them voted in 2008–
I say, “Kudos” dude!! Stupid people need to be videotaped and then made to watch over and over and over– until they are no longer angry w/ the person taping them but angry at themselves. Would this technique work on liberals?? Eh-

skeedro on March 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

The worst thing is, she’s probably a math teacher…..

KimS on March 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Hey! I’m a math teacher.

I think she really doesn’t understand the question. That being said, I was really suprised when she said 58 min. Clearly she was estimating and she almost nailed it.

My pet peeve: People using less when they mean fewer. If you can count it, it’s fewer not less. “That short bus holds less students.” ARRRG.

yongoro on March 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Meghan McCain beats this lady as the ultimate blond: “I’m strictly dickly.” AP, this one is for you.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

@Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I have to say it sounds like this is a typical soapbox for you, and it sounds to me like you are seeing what you want to see as a result.

Grammar is certainly an issue in schools, don’t get me wrong, and I will probably prove that point several times in this reply.

Having said that though, this particular video is not an example of poor education with regards to grammar. This is an example of poor math and science (i.e. physics) education, plain and simple.

The issue is her inability to solve the math problem (or even understand how to approach it). She clearly understands that the question is in regards to the amount of time it takes for some “thing” to travel some “distance”. Once that concept has been conveyed (via poor grammar or not) the grammar portion of the problem is done and over with and the math/physics portion of the problem begins.

Again, language, including and especially grammar, exists to convey meaning (especially precise meaning).

Her real problem is understanding the mathematical relevance of the velocity unit “miles per hour”, and you identified this in your comments, but incorrectly labeled this as a grammar issue.

You don’t learn about velocities in an English class, you learn about that in math and physics.

Again, I don’t disagree with the point you’re making about grammar in general, I just do not believe this is a good example of that problem other than that it betrays the problem that we have with education in general.

Sqrl on March 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Why couldn’t it be: a panda eats, shits, and leaves?

arnold ziffel on March 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Snort. Snuffle. Grunt.

It does a complete disservice to the students that truly want to learn and get confused by the verb choice. There’s no reason why the teacher can’t explain that it means “how goes it for you” and that the French use that phrase instead of “how are you.”

blink on March 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

More like lazy teachers that don’t enjoy French for what it is and seeking to pass on the nuance thereof. I’ve had both types and definitely enjoyed and learned more from the teachers that ‘got under the hood’ so to speak.

AH_C on March 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I have to add that she does at least have the right idea at the end when she proposes that they “time and see”.

When you don’t know something and you gather data, analyze that data, and then reevaluate your opinion, you’re already more of a scientist than a lot of people working in climate science.

Sqrl on March 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Arrogant little snot.

I hope he enjoyed whatever he had cause it will be a long time till the next.

itsspideyman on March 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I was unaware that Hot Air was filled with so many grammar Nazi’s. I am surprised no one has given a lesson yet on the difference between will and shall.

NeverLiberal on March 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

All very well, Travis, but ask yourself this!

Shy Guy on March 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

blink on March 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You’re absolutely correct, and as someone who is well aware of this fact I have no excuse.

Just goes to show you that despite the fact that someone can know a great deal about something (Kinematics in my case) they can still make mistakes, even really obvious and emberassing ones.

(Kind of mad at myself now =P)

Sqrl on March 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Like how to spell embarrassing.

Clearly, it is time for bed.

Sqrl on March 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

@blink,
When one of my students (High School) misses a problem, I’m looking at two possibilities: understanding and knowledge. She either knows what she’s supposed to do but does it wrong or she doesn’t know what to do. Here, she tries to set up a proportion to solve the problem and, since she has to do it in her head, makes a rough guess (which is almost spot on). Clearly, to me, she has some idea of how to do that. She just headed down the wrong path and wasn’t able to extract herself. Her confusion and her insistence to continue shows me that she didn’t understand the relationship of the variables involved. She almost got it when they were going over that at 60mph one would cover 60 miles in one hr. and at 40 mph one would cover 40 miles in one hour but she got hung up again. Here’s where she showed she didn’t understand the definition of mph.

All that being said, she might still be stupid and in that case, he’s a jerk to make fun of her. Of course, he’s the one who married her.

yongoro on March 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I’m tempted to believe it’s fake but given that these people appear to be Boise State fans I can’t discount the possibility this is very very real.

alchemist19 on March 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

This is the person to which they are trying to sell the Chevy Volt. Make sure she doesn’t understand the math and tell her what a great deal it is.

And, thus, why Democrats have left our educational system in ruins.

goflyers on March 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I only wish some commenters here – the few who have done so, by no means everybody or even most – wouldn’t stoop to Kos-like levels and disparage her character. (Again, if this isn’t fake, which I’m still inclined to believe it is) This video tells us nothing about her other than that she was slow to catch on a simple math problem. All that can be fairly implied after that is that she is less than intelligent, not that she’s immoral. She may be a nice Christian girl. She’s dressed modestly. Married this guy despite the fact he comes across here as a smarmy little dweeb…

Not that this video puts her in a good light. Just take care to properly divide the failings. “Strictly dickly” Meggie Mac, as linked above, is dim and a slut; this girl is just being dim.

Oh, and @NeverLiberal 12:15 AM (EDT) – You should not have an apostrophe in “Nazis” there. Alas, I only consider myself a grammar arch-conservative, beholden to the old traditions.

Gingotts on March 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM

The next video he posts: What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

azkag on March 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Well what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold…that is the original question.

right2bright on March 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM

And thus Obama was elected…..

Sherman1864 on March 20, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Her first mistake is to think the problem is harder than it really is, that it needs some sort of calculation when the answer to the problem IS the question: “to drive 80 miles, it takes one hour” (answer) is simply a longer way of saying “eighty miles PER hour”(question).

As she insists on doing a calculation, her second problem is she is caught up in some warped mental concept that speed (S) is the constant in the formula for the calculation, when the whole premise of the question is that speed is VARIABLE. The formula to answer the question is T=D/S (time equals distance divided by speed). Since the distance and the speed are always quoted as the same number the answer is always 1. We know that her mental concept of S is that it is a constant because she’s trying to use her speed of jogging as a way to figure out what the car can do. In other words, she is caught up in the idea that all things move at the same speed.

So this is a double mental failure. The failure to understand what “miles per hour” translates to in terms of language, mixed with an overall failure to grasp the variables and constants of the problem…specifically, the premise that things move at different speeds.

Not fake. Real.

factsonlypls on March 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM

grammer-nazis are worst than democrats when it comes to eatin there on.
Grammer-Nazis are worse than Democrats when it comes to eating their own.
Go with which ever you you feel like batting around…
As far as this tape goes, my guess is fake.

Judge Dredd on March 20, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Zombie on March 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

This really is an interesting perspective, and I think it explains why we see so many younger people constantly use the language incorrectly. How many times have you seen someone misuse to, too or two, their, they’re, or there, your and you’re, or say ‘could of’ instead of ‘could have’, ‘should of ‘ instead of ‘should have’ and on and on? It’s shocking to think of how badly educated these people have been.

I hope this video is just a joke, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t.

Aodhan on March 20, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I once asked someone about a factory in St. Louis after the Mississippi flooded the area during the 100 year flood that was covered around the clock several years ago. It was a huge national story. This person looked at me like I was the village idiot and informed me that Mississippi is not even close to Missouri. She had no clue that the Mississippi river extended beyond the borders of the state of Mississippi.

bopbottle on March 20, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I’ve asked this question to 6th grade students. Most don’t know the answer. Do you remember when you figured out that “percent” meant per 100?

Mojave Mark on March 20, 2012 at 5:36 AM

blink

Which didn’t help her know how to do it.

That’s not my quote.

yongoro on March 20, 2012 at 6:04 AM

The teachers unions new poster girl and likely Obama voter.

kregg on March 20, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Real.

I once taught an adult G.E.D. class on math and fractions. Everyone “knew” that a fourth of a dollar was a “quarter”, so I asked what time would it be if it was “a quarter after three.”

Yep. One guy said “3:25″ and they all agreed with him.

BigAlSouth on March 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Has to be a product of a gummint-run skool.

pdigaudio on March 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Crap…..I just wasted 4:35 of my life watching this. I kept hoping the camera would pan down to see if she was in a bikini.

olesparkie on March 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Frankly, I am still trying to figure out how to not end sentences with the proposition of.

RutRoh on March 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM

She would make a good Øbama appointee. Energy Czar, maybe, to build energy independence through windmills, solar panels, algae, tire inflaters and unicorn farts.

petefrt on March 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

After watching this I love my wife the math teacher even more!

Here’s a question… In a harbor where the tide rises 6″ per hour from Noon until 3 P.M., a rope ladder with rungs 8″ apart hangs off the boat with the lowest rung touching the water at noon. How many rungs of the ladder are covered after 2 hours 30 minutes?

moo on March 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Soooo, does anyone think he married her for her brains?

Sgt_H on March 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Listening to her explain how to get to an answer is kind of like listening to Obumbles’ energy policies.

JayVee on March 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM

And she votes! This is how we get career politicians that promise “free stuff!”

Bevan on March 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I want to believe this is fake. But sadly, I know it’s real. Her vote cancels my vote and that makes me sad.

angryed on March 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quick: What’s heavier a pound of feathers or a bound of bricks?

angryed on March 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

moo on March 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Same number as before, the boat rises with the tide….and I can’t believe how few people get the right answer to this question either.

runawayyyy on March 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Hopefully, she’ll be able to keep her looks.

morganfrost on March 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM

moo on March 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Water has risen 15″ in 2.5 hours. There are 16″ in between runs 1-2 and 2-3 combined. So the water is 1″ below the 3rd rung, meaning 2 rungs are under water.

I’m assuming your question is straight up, ie no word play on what an hour is or what the lowest rung means, or anything like that.

angryed on March 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM