Video: How long does it take to drive 80 miles at 80 miles per hour?

posted at 6:00 pm on March 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, America’s viral sensation du jour. When a marriage fails, it’s rare that anyone can look back and point to a single moment as the cause. Dude, this is that moment.

Actually, no. That moment is the moment he decided to upload the vid to YouTube. Seriously, is this for real? The guy who posted it turns out to be a “digital marketing professional.” C’mon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’m afraid not…

AUINSC on March 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Exactly.

Sure, there are people this stupid (see “President Obama” as powerful evidence to this fact). But there is no guy in the world who would marry such a creature — an act of both love and compassion — and then torture her in the same manner one might pull the wings off a fly.

No…this is jive.

Jaibones on March 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I assume she’s a government employee?

Nomas on March 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Be careful whom you have children with. With that girl, your kids may be beautiful but they will be stupid to be sure.

wildcat72 on March 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

second look at paying for other peoples contraception?

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Raise your standards a bit…

nicktjacob on March 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Thank you. I couldn’t get what all the hubbub was about. I did hear that she once walked into a bar and the bartender asked, “Hey, why the long face?”

princetrumpet on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Yes there are men and women this stupid and I see them all the time. They have obama 2012 stickers on their vehicles.

Hard Right on March 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I have a feeling Chelsea will watch this on youtube and and think the couple looks familiar.

Fallon on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Thread winner.

OhioCoastie on March 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

She’s 0ne of the women voting for Gingrich or Santorum.

Falz on March 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Driving from “Logan to Boise”?

What else is there to do but to try and make your wife look like a compete idiot.

portlandon on March 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

She’s 0ne of the women voting for Gingrich or Santorum.

Falz on March 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Actually, their traveling in heavy Mormon country. “Logan Utah to Boise Idaho”?

Odds are you can call them “Sister Chelsea & Brother Travis”

portlandon on March 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

If you are in an 0bama Volt, the correct answer would be a infinity + 1.

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Raise your standards a bit…
nicktjacob on March 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

princetrumpet on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I think it’s due many fellows having grown up in an era of the skankinization of term “beautiful”; if it’s female and has working parts, then it’s “smokin’ hot”.

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

“Just whack it in half!”

peski on March 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

She reminds me of the blonde who likes tip-up steering wheels.

They give her more headroom.

Mirimichi on March 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Do you think that she had anything to do with setting the new cafe mpg standards for the Obama administration? That would explain so much.

talkingpoints on March 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

The Malia trip to Mexico story seems to have been scrubbed .Maybe it was a fake, or maybe the WH came down on them.

sandee on March 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Wow. That was fast. Drudge has two separate links on the story and both places scrubbed it.

My family can’t afford to go anywhere for spring break next week, due to the Obama economy.

This is the kind of stuff that really pisses me off.

portlandon on March 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Same here. Twelve of her friends went on the trip. Twelve. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

conservative pilgrim on March 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM

WZ still has it: Like Mother Like Daughter: Malia Obama and 25 Secret Service Agents Jet to Mexico for Spring Break

They have a photo that looks like her on location, so I don’t think it’s a bad story. I do want to know how much this one is costing us, whether it’s Moochie or one of the girls.

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Ron White said it best… “You cant fix stupid”

I am pretty sure this is fake, though. Of course, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was real. I have met people that stupid. Not surprising, they were all liberals.

Wolftech on March 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

What’s the woman’s obsession with tires ?

burrata on March 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I wonder if little Bammie could answer the question?

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

This is just mean. Also, she’s a dye blonde, not a real one. Important to keep in mind.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

What’s really scary is that these two will probably sire a few — scary thought, that.

Richard Romano on March 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I suspect that Chelsea has a few other talents than math, but I doubt ole Trav won’t be enjoying them for a while after she sees this video.

TXUS on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Wonder how she would answer
“How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?”

albill on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

She must be seriously awesome in bed.

Or rich.

ButterflyDragon on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

saucer of milk for esthier…me-yow!

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

What’s the woman’s obsession with tires ?

burrata on March 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Not sure if this is what she meant, but it is true that your speedometer is controlled by your tire rotations, so if you have smaller tires than what your car should have, it’ll look like you’re going faster. If you have larger tires, it’ll look like you’re going slower.

So maybe she was trying to figure out the real speed versus what it says on your speedometer, but then, that wasn’t his question. His question was assuming 80mph as a given.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

The possibility does exist she has a learning disability.
Would it be so funny if it was dyslexia instead of dyscalcula?

vityas on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Oh come on, here. She’s good looking. (If this isn’t fake) Her husband is a dweeb clearly willing to do anything for Youtube hits, and she may not be doing great in the brains department, but she has looks. Don’t let your own jealousies take away the one advantage we know she can claim.

And I wouldn’t be so hasty as to declare her a leftie. On the intelligence scale, certainly she’s about as good with math as the Zero administration. Yet the fact that she isn’t a baggy unshaven feminist hippie indicates she could be on our side… I’d call that one a push, or at least not enough information to tell.

Overall, if I were to guess though… I’d say it’s fake anyway. He’s trying to promote his marketing whatever work. She’s playing the “Miss Teen South Carolina” game for the quick attention and the Tosh web redemption.

That isn’t to say that there aren’t stupid people or dweeby husbands out there, but this case still smells off… They’re too newly married for one thing. Even as a dweeb, he’d still be in the “cover for her” phase, not at any point where he’s sick enough of her crap to be comfortable trying to publicly humiliate her.

Gingotts on March 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Wonder how she would answer
“How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?”

albill on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

ok, so does the woodchuck have tires?

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Wolftech on March 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

There hints, aside from the incredibly obvious one – noted by Ed – that he’s in the “business” of trying to make viral videos. Comments are disabled to stop commenters from pointing out the fakiness. A copyright notice on the vid. Twitter tag also on vid. Driving a long stretch of road, oblivious to everything except trying to make a viral video. Looks rehearsed in general.

“I’m a digital marketing professional with a love for crazy ideas that just might work”

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

saucer of milk for esthier…me-yow!

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Ouch. I’m just a blonde who hated the jokes as a kid and swore that only the dyes earned them. It was my way of turning the jokes on the brunettes who told them. I still stand by that, but mostly cause there aren’t very many natural blondes. We all go darker as we age, it seems.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I’d say the video is bogus, but I actually did know someone who once wondered if a small car, having small tires took more time (than a full size auto) to get from here to there.

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

there aren’t very many natural blondes

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

As Normal Mailer famously wrote: There is no truer blonde than a woman who dyes her hair blond.

John the Libertarian on March 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

“How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?”
albill on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

If I were a woodchuck, I’d chuck steel just to be different.

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

princetrumpet on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

In this case though, she walked into the bar and said “Ow!”.

Jack Slade on March 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Ugh. I mean, smaller cars tend to have smaller engines, so sure, it’s possible.

I learned the tire thing from a sunday morning radio program. One main character was given a speeding ticket, and this was so out of character that everyone investigated. It turned out that he was speeding but didn’t realize it cause his speedometer was showing a lower speed. I’ve also since read about it, but that story always stuck with me.

But even then, 80mph is 80 miles per hour.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

The Douche is strong with this one. . .

RedNewEnglander on March 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

John the Libertarian on March 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I’ll have to save that one. It’s true enough anyway.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

If you are in an 0bama Volt, the correct answer would be a infinity + 1.

LegendHasIt on March 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

If you’re in an OBOZOMOBILE Volt, the correct QUESTION is: How long can you drive before the lithium batteries explode, bust into flames and you’re burnt to a crisp?

TeaPartyNation on March 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

sandee on March 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

This is the kind of stuff that really pisses me off.

portlandon on March 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Making public the specific out-of-country travel plans of the President’s teenage daughter is probably a serious security concern. He should not have let her go on the trip. But, if she is in Mexico, then I agree that the details should probably not be made public until after the return trip.

acasilaco on March 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Delicious!

Opposite Day on March 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Ugh. I mean, smaller cars tend to have smaller engines, so sure, it’s possible.

But even then, 80mph is 80 miles per hour.

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

It was a family member who wondered about the small tires thing. Sweet person, but sometimes a little thick. Got teased for years about it!
:D

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

From the guy’s Twitter feed:
“My wife’s not so happy it’s on YouTube but I think it could go viral someday and make millions ha.”
2 days ago

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

This must be PATIENT ZERO…the original 0bama voter.

Tomolena1 on March 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Once they split, what woman would want to date this guy? He’s now out there for all to see.

Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

so-notbuyingit on March 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Ah! A demonstration of the virtues of a quality public school education!

paulsur on March 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I think this is the guy, based on the bio info from his YouTube channel:

It does look like he was recently married. The profile picture is small, but the lady looks like the same person, too.

So… maybe real. (Or, if fake, he somehow got his wife to go along with the video and pretend to be stupid.)

acasilaco on March 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Painfully funny.

If dude wanted to stay married, it wasn’t wise to post this for all to see. But I don’t feel sorry for her. Ignorance can be cured, but stupid is forever. She was convinced her reasoning was sound, and wasn’t listening to him. She deserves her newfound notoriety. And she certainly won’t learn anything from this (other than to how to initiate divorce proceedings).

I predict everyone will end up happy. She’ll divorce him, and marry someone just as stupid as herself, so as to avoid any future video embarrassments. He’ll end up with a girl who can add 2+2 without taking off her socks.

Splashman on March 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

she’s a dye blonde, not a real one. Important to keep in mind.

I hate to burst your bubble but after about 18 they are all “dye blondes”.

paulsur on March 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

She’s pretending to be a dummy, dummies.

MikeyInHouston on March 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

“How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?”
albill on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Chelsea’s answer: ‘Chuck Wood’…Is that the guy we met that one time?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Only if your not running stock tire size.

Koa on March 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I’m from the area and don’t think it’s fake. I empathize with her, and I had a 35 for my ACT math score.

theperfecteconomist on March 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

so-notbuyingit on March 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Why focus on him? How about her? What man would want to date a dimbulb like her?

Oops. That’s right. Female morons can be useful, as long as they’re decorative (e.g., models). Just like male morons can be useful, as long as they’re making lots of money (e.g., senators).

Splashman on March 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I wonder how she will answer the question :
Which is faster,
a Geo Metro going at 80 MPH ,
or
an 18 wheeler going at 80 MPH ?

burrata on March 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Funny thing is she’s trying to use unnecessarily complex algebra to answer a straight forward question, and she did want to test it.

theperfecteconomist on March 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I can see Archie Bunker’s face crinkle and twinge as Edith blurted out the inanities that girl was spouting.

OMG! Seriously? She must have been exhausted or something!

People wonder why blondes get stereotyped?

SauerKraut537 on March 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Blonde!

GarandFan on March 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

She’s blonde by choice. That says a lot. So what if the drapes don’t match the carpet.

chewmeister on March 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If you think this guy was a jerk for showing his wife in a bad light, just Google “My Husband Is An Idiot”.

My favorite is the YouTube video with a woman bragging about electrocuting her “idiot husband” by hooking up a dog training collar to the doorknob. Hardy har har.

rokemronnie on March 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

As a sometime tutor of college level algebra and introductory physics, I’ve seen a sample of college students who are really this clueless about elementary arithmetic. A few of them, unfortunately, were studying for careers in elementary education.
I don’t think she was faking, because I’ve heard worse samples of overcomplicating a simple problem.

Confutus on March 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

She sounds like an Obama Administration budget projection analyst.

portlandon on March 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

She developed Romneycare before working for Obama.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

LOL. The Archie killing himself while Edith goes on & on scenes are classic comedy!

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Bless her heart…I always thought that Jay Leno’s Jaywalking segments were set-ups. After seeing this, I guess not…

StarLady on March 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I’m sorry but that woman’s voice would be the deal breaker for me. That she is an idiot is secondary. That she is actually arguing that it will take you 30 minutes to go 60 MPH is comedy gold.

That being said, it is pretty low to post something like this on YouTube after the message fails.

Happy Nomad on March 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

S

he developed Romneycare before working for Obama.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

and in Nov if she runs against him, she wins.

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

She’s in Obowma’s support group, Occupy Blonde.

dthorny on March 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

How Obama got elected , Exhibit 4,766.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on March 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Prediction: Something is going to get whacked in half.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

She developed Romneycare before working for Obama.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

and in Nov if she runs against him, she wins.

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Romney would tie her up to the roof of his car, like he did with his dog. No Bimbo is going to stop Romney from running against Obama.

Gladtobehere on March 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM

YAWN!!!!….slow news day with hotgas….they know Woody from Toy Story has no chance in hell to be the nominee by losing Puerto Rico in a landslide to Romney AND polls show Rick Rico down big time in Illinois against Romney

better link to post was Peyton to Broncos, hotgas….your commenters are INSECURE anti-Mitt drones

now going to tune into Who Hewitt and get his take on Romney win in Puerto Rico and switch immediately to Michael Savage…

The Great One is getting tiresome to listen to with his anti-Mitt rants

nparga23 on March 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Obviously a Santorum supporter.

“The issue in this race is not the economy.” – Rick Santorum, 3/19/12

“I don’t care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn’t matter to me.” – Rick Santorum, 3/19/12

LOL!!!!

Gunlock Bill on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Get. Help.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The Husband showed me this earlier. Bless her heart.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It should be easy enough to find out if this was fake. Just wait a day or two and see if the dude’s body shows up in a landfill.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

What weighs more…a pound of feather or a pound of lead?

katy on March 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Raise your standards a bit…
nicktjacob on March 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

princetrumpet on March 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Speaking from my vast experience of being a man my whole life and knowing a few other men, I would remind you that there are tons of men out there with low-to-no standards.

I couldn’t tell you how many times some guy said, “Look at that!” over some very plain-looking girl.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I assume she’s a government employee?

Nomas on March 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

GS-12 Budget Analyst.

CoolCzech on March 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Red state girls. Love ‘em.

urban elitist on March 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I’m hopeful she has other attributes. Math may not be her strong suit./ Maybe she has strengths that can be applied in other fields. Not all fields require simple math./ My confusion really stems from why her new husband,(I assume they are newly weds based on the writing on the cars windows) finds this funny. And that he feels obliged to share it with the world. When and if she figures out that she is the subject of ridicule, perhaps they will become yet just another statistic. On the other hand it is very funny and sad all in one!

Bmore on March 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I got blonde hair, too, and blue eyes, but as a guy I find that my soul gets darker than my hair with age. And, there’s nothing wrong with a brunette who goes blondie but, unlike you, she’ll never be double blonde. ;-)

TXUS on March 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I wonder how she feels about New York? What she needs is a beta male blogger that would be to scared sensitive and sweet to ever humiliate her like that.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

saucer of milk for esthier…me-yow!

t8stlikchkn on March 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Esthier on March 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I’ll back you up on that. Most natural blondes are pretty smart. Lots of not-so-smart brunettes dye their hair blonde. If you see a dumb blonde, there’s a very good chance she’s a dumb brunette with dyed hair.

Of course, both my wife and daughter are blonde, so I may be prejudiced.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

It sounds to me like she may be too disconnected to even understand she’s been punked.

katy on March 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Of course, both my wife and daughter are blonde, so I may be prejudiced.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Or just know what’s good for me…

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Red state girls. Love ‘em.

urban elitist on March 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Me too. I bet she is more fun to hang out with than your nasty crowd. I’ve been to parties loaded with libs. An effing laugh riot./

arnold ziffel on March 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Well, if you look at just what’s been served up to them in the media alone in recent years, they really don’t have much in way of a comparison point to work with – while some of us can recall the likes of Grace Kelly.

whatcat on March 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Kind of feel bad for her. This how I perceive the average liberal (Obama supporter).

um, um, um. Bless her heart.

BruthaMan on March 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

She’s 0ne of the women voting for Gingrich or Santorum.

Falz on March 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

They are in Utah, I think the odds would be a Mitt supporter…which is why Mormon women make such great pets wives…

right2bright on March 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Q: If birth control costs $9/month, then how much does it cost per year?

A: A thousand dollars.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Put me in the “This is fake” column on this one.

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can watch that video and not realize it’s completely phony.

TheBlueSite on March 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Did any of you watch the end of cavuto’s show on the regular FoxNews channel tonite just before 5 pm? It was hilarious. He had a very stunning blonde on there from an earlier show and then discussed all the emails and twitters that came in from his introduction to her.

Half of them were from men, making fun of themselves about having to wipe the drool off their face, or that they didn’t comprehend a word she said because she was so pretty, their visual senses took over and their brain shut off, etc.

So we women understand why men marry women like this. Their brains stopped working when they met!!

karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Wow!

Dumb as a sack of hammers!

Though able to suck the chrome off a trailer hitch
and/or
Suck a Tennis Ball through a length of 1/4 inch surgical tubing without breaking a sweat.

And she’s able to vote!!!!

Jack Deth on March 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Q: If birth control costs $9/month, then how much does it cost per year?

A: A thousand dollars.

Christien on March 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thread winner!

Bruno Strozek on March 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Obama daughter Mexico vacay link back up at Drudge.

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Put me in the “naturally blonde” AND the “This is fake” column. As a natural blond myself, I assure you that this is a perfect act. A shivery, perfect act, with vulnerable body hugging and indrawn eyebrows, all of it. Hee, hee. Gotta hand it to the girl; she knows all she has to do is cut it in half.

RushBaby on March 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

She has this boy totally wrapped around her finger and he doesn’t even know it. This is what really makes this video so hilarious. He feels superior, she plays it up, she is attractive enough to do that, he feels very studly and manly, both win. This is as old as time itself.

Actually, this makes her a smart girl, really.

karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

The next video he posts: What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

azkag on March 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

This was supposed to be an Obama campaign ad pointing out the need to pump more federal dollars into eduction. Somebody told the producer that they liked it and he replied “You Too?”. Which was obviously misinterpreted.
If had told her 80 miles in an hour, I’m sure she would have corrected him “No, 60 minutes in an hour!”

mediamime on March 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM