Bristol Palin to Obama: When should I expect your call?

posted at 1:20 pm on March 19, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Like her mother, Bristol Palin has been on the receiving end of incredibly cruel criticisms. The negativity has run the gamut from passing remarks about a lack of intelligence to hateful indictments of the mistakes she’s made (and earnestly attempted to rectify). But perhaps no one has been more unkind to the Palins than Barack Obama’s million-dollar man, Bill Maher. Maher’s mean-spirited, unrepeatable remarks about Sarah Palin have been well-documented, but he also once said Bristol Palin was “f—-d so hard a baby fell out.” Who says that sort of thing about an unwed teenage mother? Who says that sort of thing about anyone?

Bristol, though, truly not “afraid of life,” has now echoed her mother’s call to the president to reject the money Bill Maher donated to Obama’s Super PAC. Obama might not technically have control over when and where and how “his” Super PAC spends its money, but he could publicly disavow Maher — or reach out to the conservative women who’ve been insulted by him.

In a post on her new blog and in clear, sincere language, Bristol appeals to the president’s highest, noblest instincts — most especially his instinct to protect his daughters, the instinct he cited as the reason he felt compelled to call Sandra Fluke to apologize for Rush’s insults. She writes:

If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you.  After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager.  That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom — you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits.

Yet I wonder if the Presidency has changed you.  Now that you’re in office, it seems you’re only willing to defend certain women.  You’re only willing to take a moral stand when you know your liberal supporters will stand behind you.

But…

What if you did something radical and wildly unpopular with your base and took a stand against the denigration of all women… even if they’re just single moms? Even if they’re Republicans?

What if?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9

yep, gig is up on this one. It is totally prime time.

ted c on March 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Isn’t it odd that the most enthusiastic supporters of Gov. Romney are also the most furious critics of Gov. Palin? Maybe it is my imagination.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Heh. You thought no one would notice her post? As of right now it has over 1,350 comments, and over 32,000 “Like”s on Facebook.

As well as 800 comments here at HotAir…

ITguy on March 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

What’s your point- that Bristol is a self-made celebrity who decided to share some of the sordid details of her life in order to maximize $$$ and book sales?

bayam on March 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Someone earlier, perhaps it was you, praised Palin as “a good mother.” That is very likely true about Palin, but it does not follow, then, that good mothers or any one good mother is qualified for the Presidency or should even be lauded as a political leader. These issues aren’t mutually exclusive.

Just as it’s not mutually exclusive that someone who doesn’t laud and support Palin as Presidential (whatever) represents them “hating” her.

Your ongoing efforts to demands such gross generalizations simply fan the flames of public disagreements. As is your habit of referring to Romney supporters as “bots” if not “trolls” along with the Left.

Wow. Nice strawman you built, Romneybot. Exhibit #2652 about why Romney not only can’t build a winning coalition, but has a fatal flaw in his entire strategy.

Last Man Standing was built on trashing the Reagan Conservatives in and out of the race (Palin, Gingrich) until there was no one left. That’s what liberal Republicans like Romney do. Romney has been doing this to Palin since 2008, when he realized that since he stood for nothing, he would have to try and tear down the one person in the GOP’s Presidential stable who actually stood for something.

The GOP Establishment, having stood for nothing except accumulation of wealth and appeasement of the Left all its political life, now gives us Mittens, who has no real plan except: “Pick me! I know what I’m doing!”

Nice try, Lourdes. Go sell your crocodile tears about Bill Maher to someone who will purchase your bullsh*t. I won’t. I think you’re just posing.

The fact is, you despise Palin because she argues again and again that the Establishment, moderate GOP is incapable of forging a governing coalition. That the GOP has turned in anemic numbers since Reagan left town sort of proves her point. And it is people like them, and you who have run the coalition that Reagan built straight into the ground.

Palin’s very presence, her very adherence to what Reagan stood for, provides a stark contrast to Mitt’s fecklessness, his lack of principle, his willingness to roll over for liberalism, and his betrayal of Reaganite principle in Massachussetts. That’s why the Rombots hate Palin withe every fiber of their being.

The genius of Palin’s politics is this: it shows what a Hollow Man Romney is. Her persistent questioning of this Legacy Republican has exposed the Naked Frontrunner as much as any video of Mittens wading into a crowd of black voters and blurting out, “Who Let the Dogs Out” as if that was the proper way to relate to black people on MLK Day.

And now people like you want the GOP to nominate a deeply unpopular moderate who is the GOP equivalent of the Zima Guy. But, since people like you have bought into the press’ narrative about Palin, I’m not surprised how woefully unprepared that you people will be for when the Propaganda Ministry trains its guns on Mittens after he’s Safely Nominated.

People like you stabbed Goldwater in the back in 1964, and tried to do the same to Nixon and Reagan. You couldn’t take over the Party until Reagan left town; that’s what weak sauce you really are. But you appear to be ready to present the Empty Suit, the Zima Guy, to the American people as the GOP Savior. Pity us, then.

victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

There are a few exceptions, but there does seem to be a correlation, yes. I don’t think it’s your imagination at all.

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Their candidate, Mitt Romney, was a liberal Governor, a man who threw Reagan under the bus whenever he campaigned in Massachussetts, and has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over the past six years trying to overcome the inadequacies of being a Cigar Store Indian. However, he can’t seem to close the sale.

The contrast with Palin’s authenticity and conservatism is as night is to day.

Believe me, that’s what has the Romneybots pi$$ed off. Their guy would lose to Hitler in a fair election in West Hollywood. He’s THAT bad a candidate. The Bots are angry and fanatical because, like the Japanese Special Attack flyers who started to have second thoughts about throwing their lives away at the end of a lost war, the really shrewd Romneybots know that Obama will kick Romney’s a$$.

But they fly off on their missions anyway. Do it for Seamus, I guess.

victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

test post

mark81150 on March 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What’s your point

bayam on March 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

You’re really not that sharp. Go back and read my comment again and see if you can understand…

sesquipedalian, at 11:58 AM, implied that a posting on Bristol’s blog was like a tree falling in a forest and no one hears it. His point was that no one was going to pay any attention to a blog posting at Bristol’s blog.

I was pointing out how wrong sesquipedalian was.

And then you’re like, “So?”

You already got KO’d by kingjester earlier!

ITguy on March 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

What the Hell.. Every post.. blocked but the test?

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

What a weird election cycle this is.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I type over a sentence the post vanishes..

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Are any libs going to support Michelle Obama’s tacit endorsement of David Letterman calling another woman “slutty” and joking about her young teen daughter getting “knocked up” by Alex Rodriguez?

ITguy on March 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

And then Michelle Obama has the nerve to go on Letterman and talk about her daughters!

“I think that’s the greatest gift they gave us, just their constant support and, you know, stability, and that’s really what we try to instill in our girls,” she added. “I mean, you talk about raising kids, it’s just really — you know, we had rules, we had boundaries, but there wasn’t anything my dad wouldn’t do for us, and, uh — don’t make me cry.”

Michelle, do you also instill in your girls that it’s OK for men to call women “slutty” and joke about them getting knocked up as young teens by statutory rapist baseball players?

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Some of the words the computer stops are crazy. Just try different words or if there are o’s in the word use zero instead.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I type over a sentence the post vanishes..

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

It’s the auto-refresh “feature”… if you’ve been on a page a long time, the page refreshes, and if you were in the middle of a comment, it’s gone…

No me gusta.

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

OK…

Ric.. the word C*och.. is a slang word for c*nt if you didn’t know that, which seems a remote chance.. you need proof..

WARNING strong words..

you’ve been served Ric..

now call me dishonest again for saying you called Bristol a skanks body part.

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Not your imagination, Mrs. Monford. Take your pick as to what the reasoning behind the attacks are but support of Romney is a common factor…

Gohawgs on March 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

And it came to pass, when Obama had reached record-breaking, unprecedented heights of hypocrisy, to which only the One would aspire: the Senate Dems fell to their knees as he approached, crying, “Hail! Hail Obama!”

Oracleforhire on March 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

And just when they couldn’t get any stupider, along comes this chooch…

I don’t remember anyone on hotair or any prominent conservative
Ric on March 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Strange when you ranted about my response to you, you left my quoting you out entirely, then denied ever saying it. You in fact made sure to quote me from two posts, and left the time stamp off from the first one, making it hard as hell for anyone to know the one you were complaining about showed exactly what you said.

Po widdle ric.. so put upon, for NOT calling Bristol another word for c**t..

the sad part is.. did you think we all forgot what you said?

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I hate leaving a point unmade.. especially since he waits till both Hawkdriver and I both made note we had to leave the thread..

then,.. he posts a snarky denial of any nasty intent on his part.

I hate a back biter.

I came back when the kids went to bed, and the chores were done.. I play Mr. Mom alot, my wife works nights,.. my sis in law helps alot, but my wife’s at work, and she has her own kids living with her here to watch over.. I can’t let her carry me too.. gotta stay useful.

The net is my playground, I come here to relax,… though that’s less and less likely the closer November gets.

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Gohawgs on March 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

A little self control on their part would help in the attainment of their goal.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

A little self control on their part would help in the attainment of their goal.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Look what Mitt’s former employees — Schmidt and Wallace — have done these last couple of years and it’s apparent that the rotten fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree…kinda just goes “thud” and smells up the place…

Gohawgs on March 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Oracleforhire on March 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Gohawgs on March 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I can’t imagine those two will ever work in campaigns again, no one wants to employ backstabbers. So much of this stuff is childish and has no place around an organization promoting someone to be the leader of the free world. My peers embarrass me.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Gohawgs on March 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Goodnight, dear!

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Well lets be fair, they were more Arnold and Jeb’s detailees, Berman
who called her ‘the diva’ and Mr. Wallace, do work for Mitt,

narciso on March 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

YAWN!!!!….slow news day with hotgas….they know Woody from Toy Story has no chance in hell to be the nominee by losing Puerto Rico in a landslide to Romney AND polls show Rick Rico down big time in Illinois against Romney

better link to post was Peyton to Broncos, hotgas….your commenters are INSECURE anti-Mitt drones

now going to tune into Who Hewitt and get his take on Romney win in Puerto Rico and switch immediately to Michael Savage…

The Great One is getting tiresome to listen to with his anti-Mitt rants

btw, Bristol…keep your panties on….some man will inseminate you again

nparga23 on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Where do scumbags like this come from? And why are they always Romney supporters? I’d like to believe it’s a “false flag” operation, but I’m not seeing much evidence for that theory.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Another class act.

hawkdriver on March 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Have a hankie and save your verbal ammo for the libtard trolls, hawk.

Bristol has chosen to make her fame and fortune this way.

MelonCollie on March 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don’t care who you are or which side you’re on or how you try to justify it. While I won’t pretend that Bristol is above reproach for past actions, she’s certainly done nothing to deserve being treated like this.

If you really want to be as low and contemptible as Bill Maher, that’s your choice.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM

btw, Bristol…keep your panties on….some man will inseminate you again

nparga23 on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

well another graduate of goat manners U…

I presume, they stay anonymous for the same reason a roach does, they really hate scrutiny, they might have to explain to people they know, why they act like the same female trashing Obama club members we’ve so come to know these last nearly four years..

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM

hawkdriver on March 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Your intellectually lazy hawkdriver.

Been called worse, but here I don’t think I am. You made the claim you didn’t support with a link.

I expected better of you.

Why? Because I expected you to prove what you said?

If your going to make such an inflammatory statement you should have proof to back it up. Disagreeing with you politically is not being a troll. As for Bill Maher he did apologize for his use of the word “….” on his last show. He apologized to women in general for the use of the word. If anyone wants to go to the trouble of posting a transcript of the show that says otherwise I will gladly apologizing for misstating the facts. But to resort to name calling is lazy and immature.

Ric on March 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM

He never apologized to Palin.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

What a weird election cycle this is.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I remember it being contentious in ’08, but nothing like this.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM

He never apologized to Palin.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Certainly not that I can find, and I would think we would have heard about if if he had. If he did say something on his latest show, it was probably half-assed, but even if he did, It took him nearly a year to do so.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Another class act.

hawkdriver on March 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Have a hankie and save your verbal ammo for the libtard trolls, hawk.

Bristol has chosen to make her fame and fortune this way.

MelonCollie on March 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM

She’s done nothing to deserve the criticism directed toward a public figure? How about writing a memoir that details her sordid, drunken behavior? Do you believe that Bristol was contributing to the body of American literature or revealing sublime truths of the human experience in writing her book?

Usually when someone writes this type of trash nonfiction and voluntarily relinquishes their privacy for the sake of fame and/or money, the ‘celebrity’ moniker applies.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

It’s definitely not your imagination. If I only had the time, I’m quite sure I could document it just from comments posted here on HotAir.

It would be a little harder to document that Romney supporters are more critical of Palin or any other real conservative than of Obama, but I could probably do that too.

One more interesting point is how many Romney supporters take pains to inform us that Reagan was really not that conservative, or even to claim he was a moderate.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Spare me the hypocritical moral outrage that you only gin up for conservative targets.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I’m not outraged, I’m amused. Guess what- if Paris Hilton writes a book that details her drunken sexcapades, she loses the right to whine when a comedian makes fun of her. The same rules apply to Bristol Palin and anyone else who follows the sordid memoir path to fame or fortune.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Did anyone mention that she is kinda hot? And that is after an ill advised boob reduction procedure. But she still seems awfully sexy to me.

pat on March 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

“Details her drunken sexcapades?” So, she wrote porn?

Yeah, you’re a crusader for moral virtue. As long as you get to call a conservative a slut, you’re all in.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 20, 2012 at 2:34 AM

victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The irony is almost suffocating.

CanofSand on March 20, 2012 at 3:41 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

that’s a lie…

if Paris did that, and announced she was giving Obama’s superpac a million plus..

you’d drink her bath water..

and defend her to the death,… that, is what liberals do, as big a whore as their president getting paid off to grant those special dispensations to all the leftwing sinners with the cash… just mosey on down to 1600 Pennsylvania ave…. O is having a fire sale on calling decent people whores sluts and worse… today only.. bash a private citizens kids.. only another 100 grand.. their minor or handicapped children.. today only.. a mere 50 grand…

Come one, come all….

You people disgust us,.. and that’s why you’ll get the boot so hard in November, Obama will have his heels where his asss used to be.

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 4:05 AM

You are aware that Mitt Romney has been on David Letterman show twice right? Here’s the link http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/23/entertainment/la-et-1223-sunday-talk-20111223

So by your logic, the prohibitive republican front runner isn’t classy.

Ric on March 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

We weren’t talking about Romney, and neither was Bristol Palin. We were talking about Obama. Obama, who accepted a million dollar donation to his campaign from Maher.

I realize it’s difficult for you to focus, but please try.

Do YOU condemn Letterman’s comments about the, then 14 year old, Willow Palin, whom he “joked” got knocked up by Alex Rodriguez during a baseball game?

JannyMae on March 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I know we weren’t, if you bothered to read the rest of the thread you would see that I was responding to a poster that called Michelle Obama classless for appearing on David Letterman by pointing out that Romney had appeared twice on Letterman. I suggest you take your own advice and focus a little more yourself.

I’ll tell you what, in regards to condemning Letterman for his joke. I will do it as so as you condemn Rush Limbaugh for calling Chelsea Clinton, a teenager at the time, a “dog” on his radio show way back in the 90′s.

Ric on March 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Wow—this is quite the video.

ted c on March 20, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Cindy Noonan strikes again…
“I just don’t understand how Romney supporters can be soooo mean. After all us Palin worshipers never ever criticized except in the most intellectual and objective fashion…
I so miss High School”

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM

He never apologized to Palin.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Because the fate of the western world and all that is holy regarding freedom and democracy hangs in the balance. THAT is why it is so important that people apologize to the Palins…. /sarc

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 5:58 AM

And just when they couldn’t get any stupider, along comes this chooch…

I don’t remember anyone on hotair or any prominent conservative
Ric on March 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Po widdle ric.. so put upon, for NOT calling Bristol another word for c**t..

the sad part is.. did you think we all forgot what you said?

mark81150 on March 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Your problem is with Sharia Moor Mark and not with me. Sharia was sloppy with his quotes and made it seem like the beginning of his post was part of my earlier post. I edited his post for clarity and only used the quote function on his words and not mine.

And just when they couldn’t get any stupider, along comes this chooch…

I don’t remember anyone on hotair or any prominent conservative leaders demanding that the recipients of Rush’s political contribution return his money. Why should Obama do the same?

Ric on March 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I’d answer this colossal ignoramus, were I not so concerned about driving yet another lemming off the ledge of insanity in his Quixotic pursuit of the Skittle-sh*tting unicorn he was promised a few years ago.

For the record, however, I’m pretty sure the only time Rush Limbaugh may have used the word “c*nt” was in some d*uchebag lib’s wet dream.

But you go on ahead and keep living the dream there, Ric.

My Sharia Moor on March 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Now here is my original post from which Sharia quoted from.

Ric on March 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

As you can see I never wrote the phrase which you attributed to me. I still don’t get where you thought I insulted Palin and her family. You just made up those charges out of thin air.

Ric on March 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM

the president should be an honest and honorable man. The 0 seems to be lacking these traits. Why, may I ask, does this not bother you?
Don’t answer with another rude “he said she said”, I’m asking you about this pretender in the WH. Why is there no honor in this man?
Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 5:58 AM

rightoption on March 20, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 5:58 AM

rightoption on March 20, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Fixed it for you.

rightoption on March 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM

As well as 800 comments here at HotAir…

ITguy on March 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Update:
Her post now has almost 1,500 comments, over 4,000 tweets on Twitter, 35,000 “Like”s on Facebook, over 73,000 link shares on Facebook, and over 85,000 shares on “Share this”.

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM

yep, gig is up on this one. It is totally prime time.

ted c on March 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Bristol Palin and her blog made a segment on Fox and Friends this morning. Then they played a clip of Michelle Obama going on Letterman. Followed by a clip of Hannity asking, when is the President going to condemn Letterman for the language he used to attack Sarah Palin and her daughters? Just crickets. You have to be a White House plant, begging for free condoms (That are already free, and available many places) to get a call from the President of the U.S. I used to think these people running Obama’s campaign were intelligent, they don’t get what the optics look like from this side.

Yes it’s prime time.

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

You can tell how effective her blog is by the number of Troll heads exploding on this thread.

kingsjester on March 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Right on, Bristol! Awesome!

bellagrazi on March 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Barack Obama’s super PAC accepted $1 Milllion from someone who made repeated vile attacks against a female public figure and multiple of her private citizen children.

And last night, Michelle Obama tacitly endorsed (by appearing as a guest on his show) someone who “joked” about the statutory rape another of her private citizen children (being “knocked up” by a baseball player).

Both Barack and Michelle Obama are tightly coupled to this war on conservative women. I don’t think they would find it “funny” if some “commedian” joked about Malia Obama getting “knocked up” by a professional athlete.

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM

The democrats lost the Independent voters in 2010, we swung 20 points to the right. The only way Obama get’s reelected is to get Independents back, including Independent women like myself. What is coming out loud and clear is that Obama is only president of democrats. Apparently he’s not Bristol Palin’s president, and he doesn’t care how she’s treated because she’s not a democrat- but Fluke a White House plant who begs for condoms in front of a democrat dog and pony show, she’s deserving of Obama caring. It shows just how PETTY the Obama administration really is, and how they only give lip service to the treatment of women.

Fran Tarkington made this comment: Obama is only the president of the democrats.

If you are not a democrat you are on your own. Obama is not everyone’s president. But for some reason he expects Independents especially women, to vote for him in November. Why? I want someone elected that is everyone’s president, not just the president of the democrat party. Independents decide elections and Obama’s pandering to his crass lefty base, isn’t scoring him points with Independents. I find the behavior of condoning lefty misogyny repulsive, and below the office of president.

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Can you imagine the press if Sarah Palin had shipped her daughter Bristol off to mexico with 25 SS agents and other security for a vacay at age 13 or whatever the age Obama’s daughter is(Hint:Even Presidente Comrade in Chiefton Ogabe doesn’t know.)?

tom daschle concerned on March 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

85 000 (facebook shares) divided by 130 000 000 (registered voters) = 0.000653846154

pretty statistically insignificant by any measure….

kingsjester on March 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

telling that you draw the majority of your facts and data from Palin FB posts….

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

You do realize she doesn’t qualify for SS protection don’t you?

Complain about one comedians comments about underage children but encourage digs at Obama’s underage kids says a lot about your fact bias…

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

kingsjester on March 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

How about you being a little more effective, buckaroo?

AlwaysBeClosing!

KeninCT on March 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

KeninCT on March 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Wow. Here you are again. It really bothers you that this young woman -whom you are so clearly, hysterically, desperate to feel superior to- can afford better womens’ shoes than you.

M240H on March 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

M240H on March 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What an interesting thought process! You must be glad DADT is done, huh?

KeninCT on March 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

After the Democratic gains in 2006 and 2008, who would have suspected that Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi’s actions in 2009 & 2010 would spark a national rejection of their party that outdid Watergate?

Richard Nixon resigned on August 9, 1974, and three months later, Democrats flipped:

3 seats in the US Senate
49 seats in the US House
628 seats in state legislatures

In the wake of 2009 Porkulus and 2010 Obamacare, Republicans flipped:

6 seats in the US Senate
63 seats in the US House
680 seats in state legislatures

Let that sink in. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid were worse for the Democrats than Richard Nixon was for Republicans.

————

And I don’t see things being any better for Democrats in 2012 unless they are able to pull off MASSIVE fraud.

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

So by your standards it’s within bounds to question Fluke’s motives as a “reproductive rights” activist who by an amazing stroke of coincidence decided to attend a Catholic school and is a willing tool of the Democrat party to cover for the egregious stripping away of citizens rights by the Obama administration? Calling Fluke a slut is outrageously outrageous but Democrats and media maligning millions of Americans as racists and tea-baggers, liberal “comedians” calling the Palin daughters sluts is just fine because they deserve it?

It’s amazing how quickly liberals will personally attack someone when the point of discussion is the hypocrisy of liberal calls for civility.

gwelf on March 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

gwelf on March 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Get Cindy Noonan on the line stat!!!

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM

ITguy on March 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The progressive left socialist democracy agenda was soundly rejected in 2010 so what do the lefty’s do? They double down on stupid. It’s incredible really, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome….so what will Obama run on, being a victim of his loyal opposition? Yeah that’s how American voters- vote for weakness/ It doesn’t help that he continues to lead from behind heading into the election.

If there was a theme for this Presidential cycle, it would be to restore Leadership to the executive branch-highest office in the land. Someone who is running for President of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents “ALL AMERICANS” not just a president running for president of (1) partisan political party.

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

What part of voluntarily relinquishing your privacy by selling stories of drunken sexcapades to the public in book format doesn’t invite ridicule? Hello?

Are you saying Rush simply called her a ‘slut’ as part of a punchline and moved on? Or did he start by calling her a slut and then ramble on for several more minutes with a long tirade of the most demeaning remarks that could possibly be directed at a woman?

No one said that Bristol ‘deserved it’, but your suggestion that a comedian’s joke and a long, extremely mean-spirited assault from a political figure are somehow equivalent is bizarre.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I dunno, who calls someone a slut and a prostitute?

Oh wait, you do.

triple on March 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hahaha

Even a gong woman makes lib/commies pee themselves and attempt to equate their base rhetoric with their adversaries brief moments in the arena

Bristol sure has great sim like her Mom when finding the weak, soft underbelly of the communist pigs

Sonosam on March 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

At the end of the day, you have to give it to them. The Palins are really great people. Great rant Bristol. I know your Mother and Father are proud of you.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM

What political figure? Rush Limbaugh has run for public office, and been elected to what office?

Rush Limbaugh is a Talk Radio Show Host a very successful Talk Radio Show Host. In order to be a politician, he would have to have a political career, point out to me where Rush Limbaugh held public office.

Talking politics doesn’t make a person a political figure. This is what’s wrong with liberals, you don’t know the difference between private and public.

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bradky on March 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM

So your complaint is that I’m too civil? Interesting.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Speaking of Bristol, Sarah Palin was in Bristol TN last weekend at the NASCAR race for, well, no one knows.

Moesart on March 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Sir, I never called him a politician. I called him a political figure, meaning that Rush plays a major role in this country’s political discourse. Even on the right, many of the most respected observers (George Will, Krauthammer) have described Rush in the same light and commented on the reticence among GOP leaders to confront him. I think we all realize he’s more than just another radio show host or entertainer.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

But since he is the loudest voice pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left, he must be stopped.

Cindy Munford on March 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Moesart on March 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Because the family likes racing?

You do know that Todd is a 4 time Iron Dog champ.

idesign on March 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Moe, she was invited by Jerry Caldwell. He also asked her to speak. Mystery solved.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Bill Maher, by your description of Limbaugh, is a political figure. I disagree. I consider them both political commentators. They should be held to the same standards.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Bill Maher, by your description of Limbaugh, is a political figure.

Whatever. No one cares what Maher says until someone on the right gets upset and then suddenly his words get publicized. The guy has an hour long show that’s broadcast weekly only on paid TV. Give me a break.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Bill Maher, by your description of Limbaugh, is a political figure.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I think what you just said is Conservatives understand free speech and that people like Bill Maher will say what they do and we have to live with it. And we do about a great many things from a lot of sources. It’s when the left shows it’s hypocrisy that a bit of push back is required.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Ric on March 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I don’t believe Rush did that on his radio show. I know he did something regarding Chelsea Clinton on his TV show way back when, and he also apologized for that, at the time. If you can prove he called Chelsea a dog, I will condemn him for it, but if you have to go way back to when Chelsea Clinton was a little girl, you’re really reaching to find an equivalence.

Speaking of “paying more attention,” I’m still waiting for you, the self-declared “intellectually honest” one, to address the link that I have posted here THREE TIMES now, where Bill Maher defended calling Palin nasty names. You insist that he apologized to Palin, on his pathetic HBO show, but we only have your word for that. We have Maher on record, recently, as justifying what he said. Provide evidence of your claim, please.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Nice try. The guy no one cares about gave a million dollars to George Soros’ Obama’s Superpac and he’s supposedly this guy nobody is supposed to care about?

Like Maher’s on Public Access with Sister Angelica?

Give us a break!

victor82 on March 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

victor82 on March 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Wow. Just Wow!
Great job. While not a Palin POTUS supporter, the larger analogy is spot-on.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on March 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Regarding the Chelsea Clinton White House dog story, that was on Rush’s TV show in 1992. Chelsea was 11 or 12 at the time. Rush showed a picture of the White House cat, then said there was also a White House dog. Then a picture of Chelsea Clinton came up. Rush insisted it was the wrong picture, and it was a mistake, but then he apologized for it anyway.

Ric, your facts are sorely lacking, so I think we can all safely presume that you’re getting them from some leftist website that likes to lie about Limbaugh.

Now, let’s return the thread to the topic, which is Maher’s slurs on the Palin women. He’s a pig, and Obama knows it, but he still accepted a cool million in campaign funds from him. There is no equivalency between Maher and Limbaugh. Enough said.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Do you really want to go there? You actually believe the PC police should monitor every single comedian in this country for inappropriate jokes? Conservatives are fully embracing political correctness. Great.

Let’s stop pretending that Rush is just another ‘comedian’ and not a leader of the conservative movement in this country. Rush is part of this country’s dialogue and will be held to a higher standard. No one on the right, not even George Will, is going to seriously question that assumption. Then we can get past the idea that the speech police need to monitor every comedian with a microphone and tv camera.

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Funny that you repeat this, when earlier in the thread it was shown to you that Maher also appears on other shows where he does political commentary.

Ironically. you just described what your side does with Rush and his radio show. You don’t pay any attention to what he says, unless you can latch onto it and try to make political hay out of it. This time, it was your leader, the POTUS, who latched onto statements by Rush and tried to make political hay out of them. Now you’re all pissy because it got turned around on him.

Wah! Wah! Wah!

Turnabout is fair play. Deal with it.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

You really have trouble following a thread, don’t you? Typical liberidiot.

I was responding to Ric, who kept asserting that Maher apologized about calling Palin a nasty name. I was proving that Maher did the opposite, not saying that comedians should be monitored for content.

I never suggested anything like your gigantic straw man you just constructed.

If you want to fall back on the “Maher is only a comedian” but Rush is “the leader of the conservative movement” BS, you’ll be in good company, because that’s what Maher did.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Dr Evil on March 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Nice summary of the whole situation.

karenhasfreedom on March 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Rush is part of this country’s dialogue and will be held to a higher standard.

Bill Maher contributed a million bucks to a political campaign. If that doesn’t make him “part of the dialogue,” then what does?

Sarah Palin does political commentary on foxnews. That makes her fair game for criticism.

Bill Maher does political commentary on his own show, AND on news networks. That makes him fair game for criticism.

If you want to make equivalences, then you should be consistent with them, but you are a liberal, so you don’t know what consistency is.

JannyMae on March 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

You’re describing only how the left would like to characterize the comparison, that really, any fair minded person would dismiss.

Rush Limabugh = Political Commentator/Entertainer who has a three hour radio show that uses his platform to further Conservative ideology.

Bill Maher = Political Commentator/Entertainer who has a one hour cable TV show that uses his platform to further Progressive ideology.

If there’s a standard to be held at all, both should be held to it.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

What’s all the fuss about? Everyone knows Maher is just saying what everyone on the left thinks, including bayam.

The difference here is that Rush is a Bad Man who wants to stop Progress toward a Better World, whereas Maher is just taking amusing potshots at Bad People who think like Rush. Maher is speaking Truth to Power.

Democrats really are crazy. Completely disconnected from reality.

fadetogray on March 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

So much wrong with this I do not know where to begin.
Let’s start with this : Hold Politicians to the same standard you propose for Rush. Presidents included. As part of the country’s dialogue, you understand.

Jabberwock on March 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Liberals must hide their underlying philosophy for the direction of the country so always end up defendeding a series of disjointed talking points designed to obscure their agenda. Conservatives broadly announce their philosophy so spend all their time defending what happened to the dead tree while the vibrant forest goes unnoticed.

Grunt on March 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I see that since I don’t have the same view as Mr. VIOCEOFCHID, I am both insane and retarded, while he never really answered my question.

I am still not clear how Palin supposedly stabbed Bachmann in the back just before the Iowa Caucuses. I am clear that the people who were working the Iowa districts on the ground for Bachmann spent a long time spreading around a whisper campaign of negativity against Palin, then the Rollins episode took place.

We know that happened, I saw it myself and commented here on it in a few different threads.

What Sarah is supposed to have done that was so terrible, I still have no idea what this guy is talking about.

For some background, my mother had a stroke on Sept.22, 2011. She was in the hospital for 11 days, and passed away on Oct. 1st. With all of that going on, I dropped out of following the primary as closely as I had been before. Maybe I missed something in that time, since when Palin announced she wasn’t running I was not in the loop as I had been. Just now getting back in the swing of the blogs, and participating.

If anyone can tell me what this guy is writing about, what he seems so upset about that Palin did to Bachmann just before Iowa.

What was it?

Brian1972 on March 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Brian1972 on March 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Sorry about your Mom, Brian. Glad to see you back…

CHID, CHID, CHID is just another guy who likes to yell about a perceived slight

Gohawgs on March 21, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Brian1972 on March 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Brian,
Sorry to read that about your Mom.
Hang in there.
Brad

Bradky on March 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM

What was it?

Brian1972 on March 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Likely this:

Palin: Maybe Bachmann should endorse someone and get out
posted at 3:10 pm on January 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I never like it when one candidate tells another candidate to get out of the race.

But Palin was speaking in the role of a Fox News commentator, not as a candidate herself. I think that Bachmann and Santorum pulled from a very similar pool of voters, and if that pool was split, then Romney would win Iowa. Coming down to the wire, voters from that pool had to decide which candidate to coalesce around if they wanted to beat Romney. Bachmann did not drop out, and for the most part that pool of voters chose to coalesce around Santorum, and Bachmann dropped out shortly after Iowa. Had she dropped out before, it’s likely that Santorum would have been declared the winner in Iowa the night of their caucuses, rather than two weeks later, after the press had already reported Romney the winner.

ITguy on March 21, 2012 at 8:02 AM

But then, Michelle Bachmann essentially just said the same thing…

Update: Michele Bachmann: “At this point, we would be better off if we could unify around a candidate, whoever that candidate may be.”

ITguy on March 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM

bayam on March 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

No normal person gives a crap about maher and his weekly commy lovefest

It’s just the irony meter exploding when you friggin commy lout’s tinder goes ablaze because of a less than endearing description of a political operative horsecrap fake testimony in front of other commy loser scum in which she argues someone has to pay for her personal choices be that what they may

I’ll buy her a razor

You sound just like you do when trying to sell cap and trade and we are altering the climate

Dumb

Sonosam on March 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM

What?? Tina defends Palin?

Oh wait, it was her daughter…

ChuckTX on March 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM