RNC Video: You wanna talk about the “war on women”? Let’s talk about it!

posted at 1:30 pm on March 18, 2012 by Tina Korbe

The Republican National Committee reverses the cry of a “Republican War on Women” with a synthesis of criticisms of Barack Obama and his “boys’ club” of senior advisers and supporters. Yes, Obama’s Super PAC accepted a $1 million donation from serial misogynist Bill Maher — but Obama had a “woman problem” long before that. While Obama has always worked assiduously to ensure that female voters will support him in his upcoming reelection bid (most recently even going so far as to call Sandra Fluke!), he apparently has been less concerned about the relative contentment of his female staffers. You might recall that journalist Ron Suskind released a book last fall called Confidence Men that included a quote that suggested the Obama White House was a “hostile” workplace for women. Liberal critics dismissed the book’s conclusions as extrapolative or dismissed Ron Suskind as unreliable. The quotes from Obama’s female advisers speak for themselves, though, and the RNC recycles them here to good effect. If Obama and his pals are so concerned to improve the situation for women in the United States, they should start at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

One can make the same case against Mormons that they are anti-Israel based on the notion of the promised land being America.

I’m pretty sure that Mormons still consider the land of Israel to be the Jews’ promised land.

Obama, like you, operates from the notion of “blame America first”.

rokemronnie on March 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Did she raise her hand and take an oath? If not, it’s not testifying. Also, it wasn’t any kind of Congressional hearing, but rather a press event. The fact that there were members of congress at that press event doesn’t make it a “group of Congress”. If that’s the case, the last time I met with my congressman I was “testifying”.

rokemronnie on March 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Don’t you think you are being a little anal here? Splitting hairs? Are you just trying to show me up? Why is this so important to you? I got the basic facts right. She talked to a group of politicians about birth control.

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM

It’s an RNC ad, they had to get Romney in there some how, even though he has never spoken out strongly about the attacks on Consevative women. The RNC sucks!

idesign on March 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hmm, that might backfire. Mormons aren’t exactly known for regarding women equally as men. Not that I think Romney is like that…

dukecitygirl on March 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

There is an issue of projection here that I don’t know if others have brought up. Obviously, we witness the projection of Democrat intolerance when using the terms racism and sexism against Republicans.

However, I’m starting to wonder if there is a self-hatred that some liberal women are feeling because individuals within their own party are showing a disrespect towards them with words and treatment within this administration. Rather than bring media attention to this, liberal women stay quiet so they don’t make the party look bad and then they PROJECT their own self-hatred for remaining quiet and inability to voice themselves onto the Republican Party. Figures.

pjean on March 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

dukecitygirl on March 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I’m not convinced a majority of women could handle being treated as equals to men. Lot of women do want the china doll treatment. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

pjean on March 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I’ve ALWAYS thought that. When you look at the Clinton administration’s actions to belittle the charges against Slick Willie, from Kathleen Willey to Juanita Broderick, you see women used for this purpose at every turn. I often wonder if on their way to achieve power whether they willingly give up their self-respect.

itsspideyman on March 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Who knew that Barry and Company were hypocrites. Don’t wait for the MSM to pick this up any time soon. Just ask the Kennedy’s.

GarandFan on March 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

rokemronnie on March 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

You have to admit, the democratics conned the nation very effectively on that point, and of course the old media sucked it all up. Many otherwise well-meaning Republicans are still falling for it.

slickwillie2001 on March 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

dukecitygirl on March 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Dr. Tesla hits an important point… but I need to clarify something first:

At the end of the day, Men are Men and Women are Women. They are equal (even to us mormons) BUT NOT THE SAME.

We are different monsters (genetically, anatomically, and hormonally) with different roles to play in life.

Feminism screams ‘misogyny’ whenever women are treated differently from men… then screams ‘chauvinism’ when we treat them the same [or something to that effect]. Truth is… they don’t want us to treat them the same! They want us to respect them [as equals and no less], to love them, but the notion of treating them the same is ridiculous.

The ugly truth is that no matter what anyone says or does… men are men and women are women. Nothing [despite what liberals want you to think] can change that.

And the truth shall set you free.

Chaz706 on March 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Chaz706 on March 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I heart you, Chaz706.

DrMagnolias on March 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I’d say Obama is probably an atheist who is sympathetic to the radical Muslism anti-American greivances.

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

liberal4life on March 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Orson Hyde. Next howler?

Confutus on March 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Has it dawned on the Stupid Party yet that high gas prices might be a decent campaign issue to use against Obama or are they still busy trying to cobble together a coherent response to Obamacare?

rickyricardo

The stupid party should also be talking about the massive increase in energy prices. If Obama is re-elected the EPA starts shutting down power plants all over the country, especially in the north-east. This is of course Obama keeping his word to kill the coal industry.

banzaibob on March 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Duh….Hussein Obama just treating women like a “good” little muslim

p51d007 on March 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM

This is mindless propaganda, par for the course for Tina’s posts.

underceij on March 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Since when has the RNC had the slightest concern about the media’s treatment of Palin? This ad makes the GOP into a bunch of hypocrites, and I hate that. They haven’t given a crap at anytime Palin has been savaged in the press, and at times, have even joined in with them. I’ll never forgive the GOP for their treatment of Sarah Palin.

Maybe by 2016 a conservative Constitution Party will have a viable challenger to President Romneycare, whoever it may be. I know I’ll be down for that.

Harbingeing on March 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Maybe if the ONE would’ve let the auto industry go bankrupt, there wouldn’t be any new GM cars on the road to pump $5/gal gas into. Think of all the contraceptive medicine he could have bought for Georgetown University students from the money he would have saved. The Messiah evidently loves union auto workers more than he loves Georgetown University women. But wait, isn’t free contraception part of Obamacare?
Pelosi wouldn’t know, since she hasn’t read the bill anyways. Is there an option for Federal Income Tax where I can make a one time payment for life of say $50,000 and be done with the IRS. I’d fork up $100,000 just to opt out, right now!

racquetballer on March 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Harbingeing on March 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM

They nominated her for VP.

They and I defend her.

She runs her mouth nonstop attacking them. Google the subject.

What type of glue do you sniff?

IlikedAUH2O on March 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM

rokemronnie on March 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM

So you wouldn’t mind if I sold you a Volkswagon Beetle and told you it’s a Porche 924.

They’re both German Engineered.
They both have four wheels.
They both have the engine in the rear.
They both have a steering wheel.

There’s no difference between them at all.

jaydee_007 on March 19, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Gosh the other side won’t trust women in power? I thought that was just the GOP’s phobia by the way they destroyed Michelle and Sarah.

Don L on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM

They both have a steering wheel.

There’s no difference between them at all.

jaydee_007 on March 19, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I would differ both with your position and your analogy, having once owned a VW Dasher with an Audi Fox wheel on it. Sometimes, as in the case of Mr. Mandate and the messiah, the difference isn’t all that it appears to be.

Don L on March 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Plus she was probably the most unqualified person to ever testify in front of Congresss about anything.

dr tesla

I raised the question and only attempted to clarify this statement you made. Then you retreated to her meeting with a “group of congress.” Not only is that interesting, it’s very far from a congressional hearing which your average American thinks this grew out of.

Shame Shame…

screwauger on March 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Still waiting to see the part where any of these people attempt to take away womens’ reproductive rights or speculated on their sexual behavior as conservatives have. Is there a part 2 to the video?

Let’s talk about it! “It” being issues that have nothing to do with taking away womens’ rights.

Constantine on March 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Democrat women voters are the Whitney Houstons to the Democrat Party’s Bobby Brown. They keep going back for more abuse.

Colony14 on March 19, 2012 at 2:37 PM