Quotes of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on March 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

“For the first time in a generation, Republicans are preparing for the possibility that their presidential nomination could be decided at their national convention rather than on the campaign trail, a prospect that would upend one of the rituals of modern politics…

“With that in mind, campaign and party lawyers are dusting off their party rule books, running through decades-old procedural arcana and studying the most recent convention-floor fight, between Ronald Reagan and President Gerald R. Ford in 1976. Republican officials also are bracing for the possibility of a prenomination clash between the party’s establishment and members of the Tea Party movement, many of whom may be attending their first national convention…

“Mr. Santorum has hired a delegate specialist to comb through the patchwork of state-by-state rules and to find unpledged delegates who could swing to him in a floor fight, an effort Mr. Romney’s campaign says it is prepared to counter. Newt Gingrich’s team is expected to hold on to its delegates even if it is clear that he has fallen short — if only to keep Mr. Romney from reaching a majority.

“And the Republican National Committee has alerted the Committee on Contests to be ready for action, preparing for the possibility of courtroomlike hearings run by lawyers that could decide whether the nomination is settled before party members take their seats in the Tampa Bay Times Forum sports arena.”

***

“Mitt Romney, mired in a frustrating slog toward the presidential nomination, has directed his top advisers to launch a multi-pronged effort to unite the Republican Party as the primaries draw to a close.

“While Romney’s public activities are geared almost entirely toward winning the nomination, his campaign is on a private mission aimed beyond spring. Senior aides and surrogates — hoping to seize a moment when even some unfriendly Republicans are beginning to see Romney as inevitable — have spent the past several weeks making calls and visits to conservative leaders and activists who have resisted Romney’s candidacy.

“Campaign manager Matt Rhoades has been wooing tea party organizers in general-election swing states and, in some cases, offering private meetings with Romney. Advisers with roots in the conservative movement, such as Bay Buchanan and Mark DeMoss, have been reaching out to evangelical leaders who are backing other candidates. Elected officials, led by Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), have been courting lawmakers and Beltway power-players who are not on board.

“In Boston, longtime confidants Beth Myers and Ron Kaufman are developing a plan for the GOP convention in Tampa, to prevent the party from being divided during the nominee’s turn in the spotlight. Still other Romney emissaries are in touch with mega-donors — including billionaire Sheldon Adelson, who has been supporting former House speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.), and Foster Friess, who backs former senator Rick Santorum (Pa.) — to persuade them to jump ship.”

***

“As Missouri voters gathered to select delegates for the convention, Rick Santorum made the case that the delegate race between him and Mitt Romney is closer than the current delegate math estimates suggest.

“‘You help us here today. You elect delegates for us today to go to that convention. We’ve got some new delegate math that we’re going to be putting out that shows this race is a lot different than what the consensus is. We’re looking at the rules, we’re looking at how things are stacking up, and we’re in much better shape in these caucuses and some of these apportioned states or winner take all states which in fact are not winner take all states,’ said Santorum at a Lafayette Township caucus site Saturday morning…

“Those numbers are frankly just not true. I mean, the delegate allocation isn’t anywhere near what they’re suggesting. It’s a very pro-Romney allocation of resources,’ said Santorum [in a radio interview]. ‘Many of the delegates that have been put forward right now are truly just still uncommitted and can go either way. There’s no hard and fast that he’s gonna get those votes or we’ll get those votes, so we’ve got a long way to go.’”

***

“Santorum hopes to ride into Tampa with enough support to deny Romney the nomination on the first ballot. Under this scenario, delegates would be free, in many cases, to back whomever they wanted.

“Yob’s memo said Romney ‘will perform worse on subsequent ballots as grassroots conservative delegates decide to back the more conservative candidate. Subsequently, Santorum only needs to be relatively close on the initial ballot in order to win on a later ballot as Romney’s support erodes.’

“But there are hurdles Santorum is overlooking.

“It takes money and organization to twist arms at local, county and state conventions; Santorum lags in both.”

***

“Contrary to what he’s been saying for weeks, Gingrich suggested he would bow out of the Republican delegate hunt if Romney is close to the 1,144 delegates needed to clinch the nomination by the GOP convention this summer.

“‘Well it depends, if we are successful and he doesn’t have an absolute – if he doesn’t have 1,000 delegates, I mean you know, if he’s close, attrition will get him the last 100,’ Gingrich said of Romney, when Forman asked if would go to the convention. ‘But if he’s under 1,000 delegates, I don’t think he’s going to get the nomination.’…

“‘With both Santorum and me, he’s now confused as to who he is attacking. It’s his only technique. I tell people he’s like a 4-foot-8 guy who wants to play center and his only technique is to shrink the others, which I think bodes very badly for a general election,’ Gingrich said.”

***

“Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum could be poised to split the upcoming Republican primary contests, a scenario that would leave the tumultuous nomination battle no more decided heading into April.

“New polling shows Romney and Santorum each building respective leads in the remaining elections held in March.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

But! If you ever tell Bluegill that!

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Nah, I’m not fond of the Mittbots — or any bots. Just the fact the guy saved the Winter Olympics when it was so mired in corruption and costs were spiraling out of control… that’s something. The thing about Romney is he doesn’t thump his chest like Gingrich or Santorum, and that puts people off.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Good night!

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Google lisinopril. It’s my newest drug.
I’m counting things out.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

….there ‘taint nothing wrong with you girl! You have a big heart!
(is that something we can give to Dr. T?…he has a hypertension mind!)

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Even though I have the “insult” of true conservative thrown at me on a regular basis here, I actually think I fall into the RINO category. I don’t seen anything in the Republican Party to be particularly proud of. I think I might change back to unaffiliated myself.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I’m just talking about an eyewitness account I read that doesn’t fit the typical heart attack profile. Beyond that I have no idea. I’ve heard all about his past “heart troubles”.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

It just seems odd that someone under a cardiologist’s care would suddenly die of a heart attack. Although based upon the experience I’ve had with my Dad the last year and a half, keeping up with the doctor’s visits, tests and medications can be overwhelming. Maybe Andrew was just too busy and on the road too much to be compliant with his doc’s orders. My Dad is already sick of everything he has to do.

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Here is one for all us late night HA QOTD day folks. This song always makes me laugh.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

No splitting but I hope you win.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I’m out, too. Someone is crying upstairs and I can’t tell if it’s a child or a husband! ;-)

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Good luck, sweetheart. I know it sucks, but thank God for the medical miracles we’re seeing these days.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Every day upright is closer to better treatments and better meds. My granny had RA and it makes me tearful to see the difference in treatment now than when she was alive and it could have helped her immensely.

Of course, we have to help ourselves like getting to be at reasonable hours. ;) ;)

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

From what I can see, people suffering from acute myocardial infarction often appear very flushed.
cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

An out of shape, sometimes excitable, previous heart attack victim who’s been drinking having a flushed face doesn’t seem all that odd to me.

whatcat on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

solidify Senate and House majorities, then primary him out in 2016 when we’ve got some better candidates, if he doesn’t make an effort.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I think that if we hold the HoR (which should happen) and take the Senate (which does not look likely) then a President Romney, working with Congress, will have things improving quite a bit within the first two years.

The trick is going to be getting Odumbo out. (I’d almost take the Senate as a sure thing with the loss of POTUS before going into the coming November crapshoot.)

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Pay back writ large on the national scale. While I hope it doesn’t happen it will just be a mirror of what happened in at least two states during the 2010 senate elections because a subset of pubs didn’t like the flawed candidate that was running voted for the other guy.

Nearly everyone blamed the flawed candidates for the debacle of losing what should have been winnable elections. If Romney loses will he be blamed for being a flawed candidate or will hypocrisy reign supreme and the pubs who didn’t vote for him get the blame.

If Romney loses I’m betting that those who wouldn’t pull the trigger for him will be blamed.

chemman on March 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

They deserve all the payback they get. Romney is a very flawed candidate. I voted for McCain. If Romney loses, it will be his own fault, but I think you are correct that others will be blamed.

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I have to get up in 2 1/2 hours. Probably won’t get any sleep. I’ll get a ‘Monster’ at work. My walking is part of the problem. Yeah-it’s transportation-but it’s also part of the ED.
I’ve had it for 26 years. It comes and goes in cycles. In the end I’m fine. I always am.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Okay!!!

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

On the 3rd ballot, she gets 50%+ of delegates to win nomination and then in a sign of unity, the party nominates Romney for veep.

ConservativePartyNow on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

That just isn’t going to happen. If it did, there wouldn’t even be any sense in having a general election.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Good night everyone.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Go relax and take care of yourself!!!

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Good night Cindy, pleasant dreams.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

he has a hypertension mind

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Man oh man, did you see the epic meltdown last night? You were there for part of it, but it just kept worse and worse and worse…

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

This song always makes me laugh.
Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

“Yes! We have no bananas!” does it for me.

whatcat on March 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yep, me too.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

My granny had RA and it makes me tearful to see the difference in treatment now

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

It gets to be like some cosmic joke. I figure we’ll all die of something that they’ll find the cure for the next day.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I want the so called “elite” to take notice that we have probably ate enough crap sandwiches over the years that they should change the menu.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

; )

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

John the liberation
heck last night, it went half into Saturday before he finally left. I feel for lonely ppl but he can get can get on ppl’s last nerve

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

What happened?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Just start eating more food. What ever you like the best. (:

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

How bizarre, last night no QOTD, but when I woke this a.m. a huge pile of songs to lesson to. Tonight we have a QOTD, just made it through Patty’s day and no songs. Did Allah raise heII with going OT again? How did I miss that?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

What happened?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

He came at me hard. I told him he only came around here to fight and that he insulted everyone he engaged with. For the next hour he frothed at the mouth at me with every insult he could fathom, and I just ignored him. A lot of his mommy/daddy issues came out. He kept accusing everyone of trying to control his speech or something.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

For MORE Information on the EXACT DETAILS of HOW Romney plans to “Unite The GOP”, see the story below and the ACTIONS that were taken by the Judges in Morocco to “Protect” This Girl.

Romney and HIS POLITICAL OPERATIVES are PLANNING THE SAME KIND OF ACTIONS:

“Moroccan girl Commits Suicide after being Forced to Marry her Rapist”

A 16-year-old Moroccan girl has committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist, according to Moroccan media reports.

Last year Amina al-Filali’s parents filed charges against their daughter’s rapist, a man 10 years older than her but it was only recently that a judge in the northern city of Tangier decided that instead of punishing him, the two must be married.

The court’s decision to forcibly marry Amina to her rapist was supposed to “resolve” the damage of sexual violation against her, but it led to more suffering in the unwelcoming home of her rapist/husband’s family.

“After I filed a complaint against him, he said he will marry her. And when he married her and took her to his family’s home he mistreated her, beating her and leaving her starve with no food,” Zahra Mallim, Amina’s mother told the Morocco’s 2M TV.

Traumatized by the painful experience of rape, Amina decided to end her life by consuming rat poison in the house of her husband’s family, according to the Moroccan daily al-Massae.

According to the newspaper, this type of forced marriage is rooted in local rural traditions to safeguard the honor of girls who are raped.

Moroccan penal code exempts a rapist from punishment if he agrees to marry his victim.

williamg on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I asked him why he was so angry with everyone, and he made a huge deal out of that, too.

For me, that’s the end of it. (I guess that’s one of the benefits of the internet–it’s so easy to ignore someone like that.)

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Very good band..I will go with this one tonight..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Well, there it is then. Good night all. Hiccup……..

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

You seem to be real nice. (:

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Ain’t that the truth!

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Thanks Dire, I should have know I could count on you. I figured you had crashed. : ) Did you have a good St Patty’s day?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Did Allah raise heII with going OT again? How did I miss that?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I don’t think he did. I must have missed the last time.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with some OT banter at the end of the night. (To me, QOTD becomes a sort of “open thread” after about 1am.)

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Go to Church and thank God that he has elected you to be a slave and your brethren to be cast to hell.

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

It ain’t that easy.
guys-I wear a healthy size. I’m not a 2. This’ll pass.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

HANG IN THERE NEWT…!!!

vIgor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Fool…!

Seven Percent Solution on March 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

…yes…on Tina’s 2:30 PM piece on the oil subs…I started be obnoxious like him/her…but like last time…started feeling sorry for him/her. I might keep it up when I have the chance though. I don’t like people who treat people like that. Acts like a spoiled little brat.

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Down memory lane.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I like that one.
Though, it made me think of this.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I HATE that song. Mister loves it.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Woah! Wow! What?
Too much green beer?

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Nice, no ads, and lyrics. My fav.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

For me, that’s the end of it.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

He was spiraling out of control and lashing out at everyone. He must have directed 20 posts at how much he hated me.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

After this election, I have no idea what I am anymore. Independant has a nice ring to it! Plus no one will be able to call me a traitor, no matter what I do!

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Well me and KOOLAID2 decided we should just ignore the good Dr, Just to see if his head exploded. He hasn’t been back so watch the news to see if someone’s head exploded in the Midwest.

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Down memory lane.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Funny how a song like that taps into the memory so well.
Your song made me think of this one.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

My favorite place to be at 3:00 a.m.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

It was all good for me..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

williamg on March 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Is polygamy legal in Morocco? Please teach me oh Moroccan wise one.

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Good one.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Yeah. I think Bmore or Koolaid called it a meltdown. That’s what it was. I don’t have a great memory for blog commenters, but I thought he used to make some good points. (I don’t recall his specific political slant, but he wasn’t a troll, or anything like that.)

It was a weird thing.

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Sometimes I wish everyone here would do that to all the trolls. It’s like ignoring a child who’s having a tantrum. Without the encouragement, they eventually give up.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Woah! Wow! What?
Too much green beer?

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I was studying the muslim scholar teachings and it got me all excited to burn down other churches.

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Woah! Wow! What?
Too much green beer?

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Wow, I mean wow, I just didn’t see that coming. Major buzz killer dude.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Nope-still despise it.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Your song made me think of this one.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Nicely done.

I actually met the guitar player for this group on a cruise.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Well I thank all of you for a great night. Hope everyone got home safely.
Good night all!!!!!!

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, the highest official of religious law in the Sunni country, has reportedly declared this week that it is “necessary to destroy all the churches” in the region, implying that no other religion besides Islam will be tolarated on the Arabian Peninsula – as there are currently no churches in Saudi Arabia.

Can we kill this terrorist?

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

My favorite place to be at 3:00 a.m.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Using Billie is cheating. You cheater.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I think Johns talking about the Dr. I was talking about DHCron, who by the way I haven’t seen around.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Look, any Republican who wins in November will be a one-term President. The Obama disaster has almost guaranteed this.

If the new President does what is necessary to straighten out the government, he will be slashing hundreds of thousands of jobs, not to mention the ripple effect on the contractors who supplied them. Unemployment WILL remain high as deficits are addressed. It would take a miracle for the resultant growth to kick in before the 2016 campaign, and the Democrat elected then will get the credit for the tough calls of the Republican before him.

But if our President does not do what is necessary, no recovery is possible, and he will also be in a losing reelection situation.

Adjoran on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

They don’t make like that anym–well, since forever. Smoooooooth.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Yeah. That’s one that you just gotta crank up the volume.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

RedCrow
I have said that since they let me through the door,ignore till they go away.
now I’m gone, night all

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Cheater?, say you got a song to go with that? Did you have a good day John?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Eastern Pa. seems to be the place to watch for the mushroom cloud. We don’t need him here.

He leaves so much personal information laying around that by next week we will have his street address and shoe size.

Yoop on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

St. Patrick will never betray you.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

McCain’s RINO Wallace and RINO Schmidt will always betray you.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Adjoran on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Yep, you got a song that goes with that Adjoran ?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Good night angrymike .

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Lol yoop
your right.
Now I’m really gone!

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

The above post refers to Dr. Telsa…

Yoop on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Oh, sorry. I was referring to Dr. T, also.
I haven’t seen DHC either. (But, I just took a break from all news sites. Just came back a few days ago. It was sort of a vacation for my brain and my pessimism.)

Maybe he’s just taking a break.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

OK. I see no evidence of Dr T & the women. Good deal.

Lanceman on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

My granny had RA and it makes me tearful to see the difference in treatment now

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

My condition isn’t that life threatening, it’s very advanced osteoarthritis of the spine, degenerative disc disease, and 4 ruptured discs,.. a couple of pounds of titanium where cervical vertebre used to be.. the worst days feel like my entire upper body to my lower back are one big wet sack of broken china,.. and I feel every crack, pop, twinge and creek as I move. I’m 52, and what ultimately terrifies me, is if it hurts like this now.. what’s it going to be like in 20 years if I make it that far?

I hope medicine keeps pace, and I know I’m not alone.. a great many older people, better people than I, have much worse to deal with, and that prespective helps me cope too..

So if I come across as cranky sometimes.. I’ll work on that..

RA is different than osteo,.. worse.. and I wish all of you who have to bear that, only good days,.. and few few bad ones..

It does give you some insights into your own mind, motivations,.. there is little pretense that survives that forge,.. you learn the humility that may have escaped you before.

It’s remarkable that so many are aflicted with chronic pain, yet nobody here complains about it.. that’s rare and I hope to learn from that example.

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Did you have a good day John?

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

It’s all good!

Here ya go.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM

….I just didn’t see that coming! I must have missed one! I read your posts and you don’t go unwired. You aren’t a religious bigot, but get the turds thrown your way instead.
I had a boss who was Mormon, and friends out in Utah I went to school with who are not much for drinking! (nada!)
So! When I saw that line come otta nowhere…I thought “OH MY GAWD…THEY INTRODUCED HIM TO GREEN BEER!!! (:>)
I’m ok now!

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

you learn the humility that may have escaped you before.

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Simply breathtaking. Thank you, and God bless.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Sweet and soulful right there.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good night angrymike .

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM

…night Mikey!
Bmore?…you ever see Horace?

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Adjoran on March 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I think you have a good point. Don’t forget, though, that public opinion is kinda tricky. If people feel that things are going in the right direction…

Also, this stuff seems cyclical to me. Throughout our history (at least in the 20th century) democrats get control, do their tax-and-spend nonsense for a bit, the people get fed up with it and elect republicans to fix the mess…

The unfortunate thing is the faulty memory of the masses. (We eventually get democrats in power, again.)

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Hey I see John the Control Freak! :D

Lanceman on March 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Holy Cow..You only made one mistake..You played the long version!!??!!..I love the song but have you ever tried dancing in a bar to it??..:)

PS..Thumb up..Classic tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:44 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

accidents happen in the dark. Being drowsy is equivalent to beer right? I have never had alcohol i wouldn’t know

Mormontheman on March 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Lanceman on March 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

LOL

Yeah, because that’s why I come here! To control people!

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Lol. I did kinda half-ass it on the pick.
Got here late and have been trying to catch up ever since.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

That’s pretty cool. Never heard that before. Thanks.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yeah, because that’s why I come here! To control people!

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Well, that’s what I heard!

Lanceman on March 18, 2012 at 2:48 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

It was bizzare to say the least..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I hear ya brother, the daily chronic is one thing, the worst are the episodes of severe. Spinal pain outside of burns, I’m not sure there is much worse. Don’t let em get your humbles. Hopefully technological advances will be able to provide a system to rebuild one day. Let me guess.L 2 L 3 L 4 L 5 and possibly coccyx .

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Back to the subject at hand..

Thank God.. he finally is getting it. It’s one thing to believe that some voters are just not into you,.. and treating them as unwanted baggage. He always made that mistake. People need to feel that their vote matters, that they can make a difference.. Romney’s message to most social conservatives before this, was,.. “I don’t need or want you,.. so stay home, or whatever.”

It’s nice to not be taken for granted, and nice to, to see him acknowledge he needs our help, our votes..

He’s learning something they don’t teach alot in Boston.. that midwestern and southern social cons are not cartoon characters, or folks who take to being blown off as fringe by the progressively moderate fiscal cons, or the centrists. You don’t have to agree with us, but you should at least show some basic courtesy to the folks who do the yeomans work of the party.. get out the vote, walk the pavement.. ignoring, or worse, sneering at us, isn’t smart in what will be a savage election.

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Nope, still haven’t seen him. Still haven’t asked Ed or Allah about him.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Your song made me think of this one, because I remembered a version with more organ. But I can’t find it.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Yep.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM

It was bizzare to say the least..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

It was like one of those moments at the bar when there’s some angry old drunk sputtering about how the world has wronged him.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

How crass of me. I wanted to post a “best wishes”, “hang in there” comment to you, but got caught-up in the tunes.

Sorry. I do hope that you get through it soon. It sounds none too pleasant.

RedCrow on March 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

mark81150 on March 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

And I should add, this year if he makes it, he will be on his own, he’s got plenty of dough to hire the foot soldiers. I won’t do squat except vote. The way he’s acted he’s lucky to get that. Rmoney.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 2:57 AM

St. Patrick will never betray you.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Lolz..Oh yes it will..Trust me..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 2:58 AM