Quotes of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on March 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

“For the first time in a generation, Republicans are preparing for the possibility that their presidential nomination could be decided at their national convention rather than on the campaign trail, a prospect that would upend one of the rituals of modern politics…

“With that in mind, campaign and party lawyers are dusting off their party rule books, running through decades-old procedural arcana and studying the most recent convention-floor fight, between Ronald Reagan and President Gerald R. Ford in 1976. Republican officials also are bracing for the possibility of a prenomination clash between the party’s establishment and members of the Tea Party movement, many of whom may be attending their first national convention…

“Mr. Santorum has hired a delegate specialist to comb through the patchwork of state-by-state rules and to find unpledged delegates who could swing to him in a floor fight, an effort Mr. Romney’s campaign says it is prepared to counter. Newt Gingrich’s team is expected to hold on to its delegates even if it is clear that he has fallen short — if only to keep Mr. Romney from reaching a majority.

“And the Republican National Committee has alerted the Committee on Contests to be ready for action, preparing for the possibility of courtroomlike hearings run by lawyers that could decide whether the nomination is settled before party members take their seats in the Tampa Bay Times Forum sports arena.”

***

“Mitt Romney, mired in a frustrating slog toward the presidential nomination, has directed his top advisers to launch a multi-pronged effort to unite the Republican Party as the primaries draw to a close.

“While Romney’s public activities are geared almost entirely toward winning the nomination, his campaign is on a private mission aimed beyond spring. Senior aides and surrogates — hoping to seize a moment when even some unfriendly Republicans are beginning to see Romney as inevitable — have spent the past several weeks making calls and visits to conservative leaders and activists who have resisted Romney’s candidacy.

“Campaign manager Matt Rhoades has been wooing tea party organizers in general-election swing states and, in some cases, offering private meetings with Romney. Advisers with roots in the conservative movement, such as Bay Buchanan and Mark DeMoss, have been reaching out to evangelical leaders who are backing other candidates. Elected officials, led by Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), have been courting lawmakers and Beltway power-players who are not on board.

“In Boston, longtime confidants Beth Myers and Ron Kaufman are developing a plan for the GOP convention in Tampa, to prevent the party from being divided during the nominee’s turn in the spotlight. Still other Romney emissaries are in touch with mega-donors — including billionaire Sheldon Adelson, who has been supporting former House speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.), and Foster Friess, who backs former senator Rick Santorum (Pa.) — to persuade them to jump ship.”

***

“As Missouri voters gathered to select delegates for the convention, Rick Santorum made the case that the delegate race between him and Mitt Romney is closer than the current delegate math estimates suggest.

“‘You help us here today. You elect delegates for us today to go to that convention. We’ve got some new delegate math that we’re going to be putting out that shows this race is a lot different than what the consensus is. We’re looking at the rules, we’re looking at how things are stacking up, and we’re in much better shape in these caucuses and some of these apportioned states or winner take all states which in fact are not winner take all states,’ said Santorum at a Lafayette Township caucus site Saturday morning…

“Those numbers are frankly just not true. I mean, the delegate allocation isn’t anywhere near what they’re suggesting. It’s a very pro-Romney allocation of resources,’ said Santorum [in a radio interview]. ‘Many of the delegates that have been put forward right now are truly just still uncommitted and can go either way. There’s no hard and fast that he’s gonna get those votes or we’ll get those votes, so we’ve got a long way to go.’”

***

“Santorum hopes to ride into Tampa with enough support to deny Romney the nomination on the first ballot. Under this scenario, delegates would be free, in many cases, to back whomever they wanted.

“Yob’s memo said Romney ‘will perform worse on subsequent ballots as grassroots conservative delegates decide to back the more conservative candidate. Subsequently, Santorum only needs to be relatively close on the initial ballot in order to win on a later ballot as Romney’s support erodes.’

“But there are hurdles Santorum is overlooking.

“It takes money and organization to twist arms at local, county and state conventions; Santorum lags in both.”

***

“Contrary to what he’s been saying for weeks, Gingrich suggested he would bow out of the Republican delegate hunt if Romney is close to the 1,144 delegates needed to clinch the nomination by the GOP convention this summer.

“‘Well it depends, if we are successful and he doesn’t have an absolute – if he doesn’t have 1,000 delegates, I mean you know, if he’s close, attrition will get him the last 100,’ Gingrich said of Romney, when Forman asked if would go to the convention. ‘But if he’s under 1,000 delegates, I don’t think he’s going to get the nomination.’…

“‘With both Santorum and me, he’s now confused as to who he is attacking. It’s his only technique. I tell people he’s like a 4-foot-8 guy who wants to play center and his only technique is to shrink the others, which I think bodes very badly for a general election,’ Gingrich said.”

***

“Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum could be poised to split the upcoming Republican primary contests, a scenario that would leave the tumultuous nomination battle no more decided heading into April.

“New polling shows Romney and Santorum each building respective leads in the remaining elections held in March.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I think some guy in New Jersey called in, wanting a reward. They traced the call and found the girl.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Someone close to me read the story today, but I can’t seem to find it.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I saw a video of the girl’s father; he worked with Romney. Hold on a sec and I’ll find it.

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Both of them are.
I’m Scots-so I shouldn’t have had to look it up.-but I did.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I read it. Can’t remember where, but IIRC, it was well sourced.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Rusty Allen on March 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

….couple of good ones! (:>)
(:>)

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Did any y’all hear the story that Mitt closed Bain for days to search for a missing 14-year-old daughter of a Bain employee who fled to New York with a couple of guys, and the employees in their suits and briefcases went scouring the streets until they found her?

Someone close to me read the story today, but I can’t seem to find it.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

arnold ziffel
I was kinda hinting about the great Dr t, I think ppl who jump into name calling immediately after disagreeing are usually democRATS.
Its nice to see ppl getting along even if they don’t agree, that’s how great things can happen.

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I’m hoping that we get the CEO of Bain and not the governor of Massachusetts.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

YES, we need a turnaround expert, budget-slasher, outsourcer, sell-off-unproductive operations, mass layoffs, rationalize, cut numbers of management levels, stick to the business plan –type guy.

slickwillie2001 on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I’m only joking, silly. Anyway, you have a tendency to ignore the questions you don’t like; so what about the first question I just asked you?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I never intentionally ignore. Can you restate?

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I can’t, in my heart, blame Sec. Rice, Sec. Powell or Rep. Watts for their votes. I wish history had bestowed a more fitting example of our country’s progress in race relations. The others probably championed Sen. McCain as the nominee and then used Gov. Palin as a cover for their guilt ridden votes. Are the cured yet?

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

They worked for Mitt before he ended his campaign and then joined McCain’s campaign…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

The trail of the saboteurs ends at Mitt Central. Nice inside job they did.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

slickwillie2001 on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

It would help if his economic advisers weren’t Keynesians.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I can…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

That’s exactly what they did. Perfectly worded.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

JEFF ZELENY and JIM RUTENBERG
Well in 1976 I was just starting to take an interest in politics. Mostly I was skeptical of it, typical at that time, Reagan should have gotten it, when he didn’t I guess it increased my curiosity. By the time Carter was in his third year I realized more then ever why Reagan should have gotten it. I was now maturing and becoming a full fledged Conservative. Funny how my skepticism has never left me.

Philip Rucker
Time to reach out to us Tea Party types, I still ain’t feeling it there Rmoney. How about just asking. Man you really screwed the pooch on the Tea Party folk. Thats okay you gots lots of money. Whats that, you need more? Oh my…. How is this for profound, ‘I’m happy to be at the dentist because my tooth hurts,’ ”

Arlette Saenz
Santorum sounding cautiosly optimistic. Not overly cocky. This a good trait unlike Rmoney who at times can seem too cocky. Confidence and cautious optimism are favorable qualities.

PHILIP ELLIOTT
Playing the role of buzz killer and pragmatist. Rmoney has the dough. Santorum may ultimately have the support.

Shawna Shepherd
Sounds reasonable and cheerful. Newt that is. At least he isn’t petting a donkey.

FoxNewsIf true Rmoney is in deep doodoo. A split would vgery much indeed harm his chances. Santorum would make huge gains if that ends up being the case. Fat lady not singing. On track for a Convention fight. Think Ford Reagan was ugly, you ain’t seen nothing yet. The party fight is alive and well. The party is not.

Video 1 Steele designed the process if my understanding is correct. It ends up doing as promised. I think it is good to have a vote that matters. On balance I like the long campaign. Christie is a shill for Rmoney. Fact is 0 can’t 0 in on anyone. Rememer back when he was sure it would be Rmoney OWS magically appeared. For all its flaws, I like it, its just happening in a year where folks feel pressed to lose the WORST EVER President in history. No full panic for some but nerve racking none the less.

Video 2 Huckleberry, Just glad he never made it to President. You think we are screwed now…… well I can’t go that far. He is a party man though. I’m not. Pretty good points in general except for all that concern. Starts sounding a bit like a party shill.

This is not that un fun. Plus it might make for a great history lesson. We had better really hope 0 is done if we go this route. Its fraught with risk. Steeped in limited reward. iPad’s are hard. This primary is proving to be hard also. Weak candidates will do that. Not a closer to be found.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Santorum may have some new math, but it can’t change the fact he needs to win nearly two-thirds of the remaining delegates to win a majority, and about 54% of the remaining delegates to deny Romney a majority.

Adjoran on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Thanks for the link. Wow, that’s some powerful stuff.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

slickwillie2001 on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I don’t know that we are going to get what we need no matter what.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I never intentionally ignore. Can you restate?

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I said that you see conspiracies around every corner, do you not?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Newt wants to bring down our gas.
He says he can get to it fast en masse.
There’s plenty to do.
But he’s at the zoo.
Even Adleson Adelson soon will say pass.

Rusty Allen on March 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Writing limericks on Hot Gas
Never ‘nother one should give a pass
First line and second must rhyme
No matter if cheaper than a dime
All candidates still make of selves an a**

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I was talking about some HA posters that exist just to be nasty. They don’t engage and stick around, just hit and split.
As for drT, He has been acting up the last few days.
I look forward to whose here at night.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thanks for the link. Wow, that’s some powerful stuff.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I was extremely moved when I first saw that. There is no doubt that despite his shortcomings, Mitt Romney is not a bad man. I think he is just weak and his political aspirations are his greatest weakness of all. I think they cause him to do and say things that he really doesn’t mean.

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Watts voted for McCain.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Oh I see..You are talking about 4 years ago and the last campaign..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I think it has been established that I’m nicer than you. At least Rep. Watts has seen the error of his ways.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

The people at night are usually very nice and rational—-and funny.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

uh oh!…must be my cue to turn in!

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Oh I see..You are talking about 4 years ago and the last campaign..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

It doesn’t appear that they ever stopped working…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I said that you see conspiracies around every corner, do you not?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

That’s not really true. I have no idea if they killed him or not. It’s just that the only evidence available point to it not being a heart attack, or at least not a typical one.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Everyone should memorize this.

*now watch the Mittwitt Palin haters freak out and lie some more*

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Thanks. I’m taking peoples’ words for these votes, I have never actually heard any of them say how they voted. Except Baby Buckley (check in the mail)I truly don’t know how any of them voted.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I can. They knew he wasn’t qualified and probably knew more about his background than most whites. It just reinforces my belief we will always be a tribal society and choices based on skin color will plague us forever. I see no evidence that is not true.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I think it has been established that I’m nicer than you…

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

A given…(you still owe me $.25)

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I don’t think either one work for the present Team Romney..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I very much agree with you but this time we really need someone whose first instinct is conservative and not “get along”. Unfortunately Mitt is probably going to have to do. He ain’t going to think Obama is nice for long though.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

A given…(you still owe me $.25)

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

$.50, I used it again.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

KOOLAID2
If your turning in, have pleasant dreams, I’m probably not far behind.
If the tourney is over it may get loud in here. Lord I hope not.

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Colin Powell

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

For MORE Information on the EXACT DETAILS of HOW Romney plans to “Unite The GOP”, see the story below and the ACTIONS that were taken by the Judges in Morocco to “Protect” This Girl.

Romney and HIS POLITICAL OPERATIVES are PLANNING THE SAME KIND OF ACTIONS:

“Moroccan girl Commits Suicide after being Forced to Marry her Rapist”

A 16-year-old Moroccan girl has committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist, according to Moroccan media reports.

Last year Amina al-Filali’s parents filed charges against their daughter’s rapist, a man 10 years older than her but it was only recently that a judge in the northern city of Tangier decided that instead of punishing him, the two must be married.

The court’s decision to forcibly marry Amina to her rapist was supposed to “resolve” the damage of sexual violation against her, but it led to more suffering in the unwelcoming home of her rapist/husband’s family.

“After I filed a complaint against him, he said he will marry her. And when he married her and took her to his family’s home he mistreated her, beating her and leaving her starve with no food,” Zahra Mallim, Amina’s mother told the Morocco’s 2M TV.

Traumatized by the painful experience of rape, Amina decided to end her life by consuming rat poison in the house of her husband’s family, according to the Moroccan daily al-Massae.

According to the newspaper, this type of forced marriage is rooted in local rural traditions to safeguard the honor of girls who are raped.

Moroccan penal code exempts a rapist from punishment if he agrees to marry his victim.

williamg on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Don’t misunderstand me; I’m not saying that I think you’re crazy for believing conspiracies exist, it just makes me wonder if I should be more suspicious too. After all, how do I know? Maybe you have information that I don’t.

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I don’t think he thinks that now. Probably some focus group research revealed that calling Obama “a nice guy in over his head” sells better than “an anti-American Marxist Communist”.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I don’t think either one work for the present Team Romney..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Not officially…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

He ain’t going to think Obama is nice for long though.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Boy, ain’t that the truth. Mitt get angry — Mitt get very, very angry!

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Colin Powell…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

“yet” was the key word.

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:30 AM

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Like I said above, I don’t truly know how these people voted or their thinking. But the more I reminisce about 2008, the more I am reminded of how hard the establishment and the media elites pushed Sen. McCain. I hadn’t thought about it in context of this year but it may have a lot to do with why I am pushing back against Gov. Romney.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

BTW: I borrowed your puppies’ names today!

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Well on this thing I happen to have read a report of a guy who interviewed the only witness. Andrew crossed the street and then dropped “like a sack of potatoes” and his skin turned bright red. The interviewer sold the tape to TMZ. But have you seen it discussed much?

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Wallace, Schmidt and McCain were the drag on the Ticket.

Palin had to work extra hard and be extra smart to drag their sorry butts over the finish line and make it respectable.

We got some real traitorous jack wagons doing CYA to save their own skins.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I said that you see conspiracies around every corner, do you not?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

cynccook and twerp… Igor did not come from a typical European country with Western values. I have friends from some of those countries and relatives from the Ukraine.
People, die in mysterious ways. Yes AB had some health problems…but I don’t count anything out.
(Fast & Furious…crr6 still loves our make believe conspiracies)

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I agree with you.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I think he’s a fine man, I just wish don’t agree with this tried and failed campaign strategy that he is using.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

You wouldn’t be alone. Apparently neither law enforcement nor the medical examiner has any such information.

whatcat on March 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Maybe that will be a good thing and put some fight in him.

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

He’s a businessman. He tells people what they want to hear, and then does what is right and profitable.

Our country is a sick company right now that needs someone to slash and burn.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

LOL! How did you do that?

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

LOL. Good thing Mr. Ziffel ain’t running because while I’d get some laughs I would step in it real fast. My family and co-workers can attest to the fact that they don’t have to ask “what’s on your mind”?

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Google lisinopril. It’s my newest drug.
I’m counting things out.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and saying one thing that pleases the crowds and then doing something entirely different… who does that remind us of? Clearly we need one doing the same for us.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Watts voted for McCain.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

NO, he did not.

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Not officially…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

That was what I thought..They aren’t on Team Romney’s payroll..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Thought he did.
Disappointing.
My bad.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I said that you see conspiracies around every corner, do you not?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

(Fast & Furious…crr6 still loves our make believe conspiracies)

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Just ask Alexander Litvinenko and other Russian journalists/dissidents about odd deaths. The question would be if that kind of methodology has crossed the ocean.

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

That’s the problem with Mitt. You can only get what’s underneath the manufactured outer layers when he makes a rare mistakes. Otherwise it just sell, sell, sell focus-group sh*t.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I’m counting things out.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

So I got involved with a woman who had an eating disorder in college, and it morphed into a serious personality disorder later on. Have you heard that sometimes these things can be co-morbid?

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

That was what I thought..They aren’t on Team Romney’s payroll..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Nope, they’re just on msnbc every other day for the past couple of years loudtalking anyone that could derail Mitt…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

He doesn’t talk about it often, has even denied it, but recently he was a guest on Hannity’s radio show. I only listen to that when on the road…Hannity teased him about it and he didn’t deny.

Schadenfreude on March 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Aspergians have very logical minds. Conspiracies are by their naure-very illogical and very irrational. For those reasons-and because I ALSO AM AN EARLY 40 something WITH HEART ISSUES-I don’t by into them.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

‘Buy’ not ‘by’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Are you talking about Breitbart? According to Bill Whittle, Andrew had already had one heart attack.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yep. That’s how the game is played. It makes zero sense for Romney to officially hire them.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

It would help if his economic advisers weren’t Keynesians.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hey! Take that Birther nonsense somewhere else!

sartana on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Honestly Night Owl, this primary has got my head spinning and my heart heavy…..I just don’t care who the nominee is anymore.
The people who should be running aren’t, and the people who are running, shouldn’t be.

The country I love is falling apart before my eyes, and the POTUS is the culprit. I will NOT give him one more day as President.
If that means voting for Romney, then that’s what I will do. If that means voting for Santorum, that’s what I will do.

It’s anyone except Obama for me and I blame the gope for that and I will NEVER, ever forgive them for that.
I loathe the gope as much as I loathe Obama.

tencole on March 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We are much more in agreement than you seem to think. My point is that I think the fact that 20% of Republicans said they would not vote for Romney is what caused the second story about Romney deciding he needs to reach out to conservatives. In my opionion, yu can thank the 20% for making Romney move to the right. He may be able to win the primary without us, but not the general election.

Some people started out liking Romney, but I am not one of them. Some people caved early because they were told he is the only one who could beat Obama. Those people are the reason this happens. This is the reason the GOP doesn’t care what we think. They know they can do whatever they want and we won’t have a choice but to go along unless we want 4 MORE YEARS OF OBAMA. I think if you let fear drive your actions you will do dumb things. I will not say I am going to vote for Romney because I want him to be worried about that. I know I am only one person on the internet, but I am not the only one saying this, since they found 20% of Republicans who feel the same way. If politicians can have a stragegy, I can too. I live in a swing state, so my actual vote does matter, and I say, let them earn it.

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Any politician breathing.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Our country is a sick company right now that needs someone to slash and burn.John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

All true. But the country won’t elect a slasher and burner….right now. It just won’t happen. I’ll settle for stopping the arterial spray this time around, solidify Senate and House majorities, then primary him out in 2016 when we’ve got some better candidates, if he doesn’t make an effort.

a capella on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

..:)

Dire Straits on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

LOL! How did you do that?

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

They are having a contest to name the new pair of oxen at Hale Farm & Village. I thought ‘Ruckus’ and ‘Riot’ would be funny since oxen are fairly placid beasts!

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Our country is a sick company right now that needs someone to slash and burn.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

…if he ends up being the nominee…I think you are viewing him right John! …But! If you ever tell Bluegill that! …I’ll deny it on a stack of Koran’s, and tell the fish you mainline crack! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on March 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

‘Buy’ not ‘by’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Little Twerpy, you had better go to bed!

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I’m on a new meds because my problems with my AM the SCOAMF have cause me to lose about 6 lbs-that I probably didn’t need to lose. BP went up because it…and because it’s almost 0100 and I’m still up. I’ll sleep after work

He starts in on me today-I call HR on Monday.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hey! Take that Birther nonsense somewhere else!

sartana on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Ha…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Aww, nice! People told us were crazy because that they would live up to their names. That’s okay to.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Because I have to be @ work so early-I try to beat the alarm so it doesn’t walk up Mister. I walk him up when I’m ready to walk out the door. This is a typical Sunday am.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

KOOLAID2
On a stack of korans, you so crazy!!!!!!!

angrymike on March 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

He starts in on me today-I call HR on Monday.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Good luck, sweetheart. I know it sucks, but thank God for the medical miracles we’re seeing these days.

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I want the so called “elite” to take notice that we have probably ate enough crap sandwiches over the years that they should change the menu.

arnold ziffel on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

From what I can see, people suffering from acute myocardial infarction often appear very flushed. However, it is also apparently a symptom of cyanide poisoning…so there you go!

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Being a typical guy he didn’t want to slow down.
It’s a lot of work to take care of things. Btwn the BP and ED I’m in the doctor’s office every 2-4 weeks for follow-ups.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

It would help if his economic advisers weren’t Keynesians.
Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hey! Take that Birther nonsense somewhere else!
sartana on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

But you can’t deny that Romney’s interest in movies with thespians in them is a real problem!

whatcat on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

That’s not fair to lose weight and bp goes up! Take care, Kiddo!!

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I’d make him take my happy ass to work, if I were you. It’s the least he can do for his lovely bride…

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Maybe there’s a history here I know nothing about – but all I see Owl saying in this thread is that he/she is going to re-register as an Independent. That says nothing regarding how Owl is going to vote. It does send a message to the GOP if enough people do it.

Shay on March 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

No, there’s no history. That is all I said. I want to send a message, you are correct about that. 20% of Republicans said that, and now Romney has an urge to reach out to conservatives. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Night Owl on March 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

delusion. pure delusion. If anyone thinks that anyone that is currently running thinks they will win if it goes to second ballot are delusional.

Here is the scenario that could happen:
None get it on first ballot
Newt releases his delegates after that but encourages them to support a strong conservative like Palin
On the second ballot, she gets 30-35 % of delegates and Romney gets similar;
On the 3rd ballot, she gets 50%+ of delegates to win nomination and then in a sign of unity, the party nominates Romney for veep.

ConservativePartyNow on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I hope you get some good sleep tonight. How about all the walking, hasn’t that helped the BP?

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

We all procrastinate but we really shouldn’t with our health.

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I’m just talking about an eyewitness account I read that doesn’t fit the typical heart attack profile. Beyond that I have no idea. I’ve heard all about his past “heart troubles”.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song.

Bmore on March 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Cindy Munford on March 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

LOL If I win, I’ll split the prize with you! (Once I find out what it is, I mean!)

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Gohawgs on March 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I’m not walking 5 miles in the dark. He takes me. The SCOAMF AM should be transferred to another section soon-it’s every 6 months-if I can just wait him out…

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

It stands to reason – conspiracies go around the linear that we know.

I’d like to think that it was a simple heart attack, but I’m open to evidence to the contrary. It’s easier than being surprised or caught off guard.

Do take care of yourself!

kim roy on March 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

cynccook on March 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

That’s exactly right. So there we go.

Igor R. on March 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM