Sebelius to kids: Instead of calling each other “jerks,” why don’t you call each other “jerks”?

posted at 3:40 pm on March 16, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Yesterday at a Washington D.C. middle school, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius hosted a screening of the Cartoon Network’s new film, “Stop Bullying: Speak Out.” As its name suggests, the movie aims to teach kids to speak out when they witness bullying — and to not bully other children themselves. One of its many prescriptions: Don’t call classmates words like “stupid,” “fat” and “jerk.”

Sebelius must have dozed off during the film, though, because, after the screening ended, in a panel discussion moderated by CNN’s Don Lemon, she gave advice that directly contradicted the movie:

“What do you think is the best advice for people who are going into watching this film and anyone who is watching?” asked Lemon.

As part of her answer, Sebelius said: “I think, very important, is for kids to understand how powerful you really are. You might feel like you’re not big enough, not strong enough, not–don’t have enough tools. But just saying, ‘Stop it! You know, you’re being a jerk!’–walk away, get away from this person can make a huge amount of difference.”

“And you can really rescue somebody,” Sebelius said. “You can be a real hero.”

Which is it? Is “jerk” a taboo word or the right word to use to speak out against … jerks? As they say, “Live by political correctness, die by political correctness.” As we teach kids to stand up against bullies, are we actually depriving them of the skills and tools they need to stand up against bullies? It’s a serious question.

Sebelius contradicted herself on another point. She said the government plays an important role in combating bullying in schools — presumably by drawing awareness to the issue. But then she hit the nail on the head when she said parents should step in when a child is bullied. “As a parent you should be empowered to really act on behalf of your child and other children,” she said.

As with so many well-intentioned initiatives, anti-bullying programs treat the symptom rather than the disease. Kids often act out when their own home lives are less than ideal. While playground fights will be as perennial as the playground itself, the best way to ensure harmony in public — including at school and among children — is to work for harmony in private. That means to seek to support stable families. While I’d rather the federal government not waste tax dollars on any of these types of initiatives, if we’re going to have ‘em, why not a “Save the Families” or “Stop Divorce: Speak Out” initiative?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

1 kid taunts or other wise tortures another kid. This happens under teacher ‘supervision’. Both get into a fight. What do you expect to happen? You’d be wrong if you said the bully would receive a different form of punishment than the bullied. Schools are INSTITUTIONs, and in the finest traditions of CYA uncarring bureaucracy, both students will be punished equaly because the administrator does not know what went on, can not determine truth from lies from kids, and is more irritated at having their comfey schedule interupted than in justice or training the kids. There is no justice in schools; there are only the arbitrary representatives of the State and the unyeilding laws of the jungle.

The governement should get more OUT of schools and parents should do more teaching of their kids. Appealing to school administrators is like appealing to the kindness of the IRS or the timeliness of the DMV, while the apealant has all of the understanding and naive trust of a child.

AnotherOpinion on March 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

He certainly does remind me of a Big Bang Theory character – except for the fact that they seem ashamed of their cowardliness.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Yes. Love that show – being an engineer in the space/missile/military industry, I’ve known so many people like them – as well as being a little like them in some ways.
Considering this thread, I loved the episode where a hacker stole a lot of Sheldon’s stuff in an online game and they went to get it back. Penny had to show them how to deal with a bully.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

And then of course, when the bully found out who snitched on him, you would hang for hours from your BVD’s in the gym locker room until the janitor found you on his night round.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I’m reposting this b/c this guy is accusing me of derailing the thread when he clearly is trolling me in this post. This is how they play the game.

I’m clearly on topic when I discuss bullying and how I have dealt with it. Just b/c it’s not the Rambo approach you would take doesn’t mean it’s off topic. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I know what she meant. Bullying isn’t partisan and should not be tolerated. I may be biased since my best friend committed suicide.

stingray9813 on March 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Well, I disagree that I’m an easy target as I may be the nicest man on the planet. LIke I said, I let this young man slide for months on his conduct b/c I do feel bad about his liver issue. But at age 26, you are old enough to deal with health issues like a man and it’s childish to take it out on co-workers who are on your team.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Were he employed where I worked he would most likely be evaluated as unfit for advancement. After all if he won’t even try to correct a problem himself without first running away then how could he be trusted with any real responsibility. In the kind of work situation he described physical altercation certainly would not have been warranted nor would it have been needed. Any number of ways to handle that sort of thing. As I said before his solution is always to run away and get someone else to solve his problems.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Well I have been working with this young guy right out of college who is a punk and I told him he needs to stop running his mouth at me and he told me he can say whatever the f— he wants to me.

I called 3 supervisors including the wooman who hired him and repeated the words he said to me. He’s not a problem anymore.

Going by your logic, I should have fought this guy, which would have probably got me fired.

Dr. Tesla

Do you routinely leave your testicles at home when you go to work?

What you wrote in that comment and others in this thread are pathetic.

Gothguy on March 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Um, exactly what bullying-avoidance expertise does Kathleen “no fetus left alive” Sebelius have? Her expertise is in the actual bullying, isn’t it?

Colony14 on March 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Men that are good with women don’t write things like, “I have always strived to perserve my good looks b/c it’s a nice asset to have when you interview for jobs and ask attractive women out on dates,”

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Some men don’t. This one does. That’s why we are called individuals. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I don’t see how talking to adults about the bully equates to bowing to the bully.

I’m dealing with the problem in a mature manner. And saving my pretty face.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM

No, you’re not. You’re just passing the buck.
I was a teachers pet, and the teachers did absolutely nothing to stop the bullying when I told them.
And I was in a really good school district.

The bullying doesn’t stop until you learn to look like you will kill the next bully who crosses you.

Count to 10 on March 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Man, I wasn’t expecting the reactions to my posts on how I dealt with bullies to be so contentious. Seems kind of irrational, even nutty.

I tend to think my theory that you guys hated the teacher’s pet more than bullies is true based on the anger you have for me. I didn’t ask to be the teacher’s pet.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

No, my point is if some punk is giving me a hard time, I’ll use my reputation as an outstanding fine young man against him and

I may throw in a few white lies if that I know they will be believed and acted on. :)

A bully can’t complain about this being unfair if he started the war.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Ahhh – so now the truth comes out. You claim to be the “good kid” but you really aren’t. You’re a lying weasel. And based on your comments about how smart and pretty you are you’re a narcissist as well. No wonder people don’t give you any respect. You’re a bully magnet – and type of person nobody else would ever want to be around.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I supervise the in-school suspension room at a local high school. In the years I have been doing it the one and only time that any violence broke out in my room was a truly epic beating of a young weasel who had employed just this tactic. He had decided that he didn’t like they way a bigger guy “intimidated” him in the classroom and so he concocted a story that got the bigger guy time in ISS and also caused him to lose his eligibility for the basketball team. No tolerance for ‘bullying’ you know.

Even though there were no witnesses to the alleged bullying, the young weasel’s story was accepted at face value because, “No one LIES about being bullied.” and he was a ‘good student.’ Well, when the young weasel brought the day’s assignments into the ISS room the guy he had been telling the “white lies” about caught him and proceeded to smash his face in. It took about ten seconds, barely long enough for me to even stand up from my desk, and the young weasel was down on the ground, face bloody and lesson learned. The ONLY reason I know about the lies, etc. is that my son is in the class where the supposed bullying occurred and all the kids knew the weasel was lying through his teeth because the big kid had asked a girl he liked to a dance and he wanted to impress her by getting her date sent to ISS. Every single kid was happy to hear he had gotten a beating and they were all sad the other guy got sent to alternative school because of it.

One thing I know from all my years working at a school where my own personal children attended is that the adults have very little idea what is really going on there. No matter how hard they try or what they do, everything important is going on under the radar.

A big reason for that is because most of their information is gained from lying weasels who are perfectly fine with fingering other people for their own motives.

Jerks.

Lily on March 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

It’s interesting to think that I may be a victim of bullying on here for expressing my personal strategy of dealing with bullies in a non-physical manner.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Your first problem is thinking what’s going on here is bullying.
Your second problem is you have shown your extreme vanity, making yourself an easy target – probably intentionally.
I would guess you do some of this intentially because you like the attention. If you just need attention of any kind, saying the things you have said makes you an easy target and is a good way to ensure you get it – and it will most likely be of the “bullying” type.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Well I guess I have a way with words b/c the adults at my school dealt with the bullies when I pointed them out.

Again, I was going to school in inner Chicago so I concede that there are different varieties of bullies. I’m not talking about gangster kids here.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I reject your premise that I seeking attention merely by pointing out that I would snitch on bullies rather than fight them due to the fact they were bigger than me and I play to win and I wanted to peserve the beauty of my handsome face by not getting into a fight that I would lose.

This seems like harmless commentary, rated G. You guys need to loosen up some.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

No, I have a feeling that women don’t like you.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Some women don’t. But woman is a mystery. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

So if you embellish the bully’s conduct, that makes you worse than the bully? I call that sticking the knife in. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

No one is trolling you. No one is bullying you. We are, however, ridiculing you and your enormous ego. I don’t even think that the Supreme Ego in the White House, the Man of Steal (intentional), Barack Obama, has called himself the “smartest guy in the room.” He’s left that to his surrogates.

We aren’t laughing with you. We are laughing at you. Your pomposity and opinion of yourself know no bounds.

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

It’s tiring to be the nanny to an entire nation, especially when you’ve got an army of snoops out looking for new woes to make your business. With leaders like her and Obama, don’t count on us winning any more wars.

flataffect on March 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Dr. Tesla,
May I suggest that if you ever are fortunate enough to find some one who wishes to procreate with you. Have the decency to enroll your children in martial arts. Besides building character, self confidence and the ability to defend oneself, your children will never have to go through school being harassed. My son, who is a middle schooler, and at this moment a brown belt in Shoalin Karate, is very much appreciated by his peers. He also doesn’t seem to have problems with any bullies, for some unknown reason they leave him and his friends alone.

uncommon sense on March 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM

“…I didn’t ask to be the teacher’s pet.

Dr. Tesla”

If you didn’t ask to become the teacher’s pet, how did you become one?

Gothguy on March 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I didn’t ask to be the teacher’s pet.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Actually, I’ll bet you did – and you’ve made it clear that you used it every way you could.

When I was in HS I and my boys as well were well liked by a lot of teachers because of our attitudes, so we were kind of teacher’s pets, but none of us ever used that AGAINST someone else. On occasion my kids used their status to get away with skipping classes and such – but NEVER to get someone else in trouble. So other kids liked them. The one time my older son was kind of being bullied, he stood up to him and it ended, and they have been good friends ever since – even shared an apartment for a year in college.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Ok, well the supervisors that I talked to about this young man, who I have taken under my wing and who does in fact like me very much, agree with my assessment that he doesn’t have the right to say whatever the f— he wants to me at work, which is what he told me. His conduct has changed dramatically in the last few weeks and I tend to think it was b/c of my little phone calls. It turns out he has a bit of a reputation that I wasn’t aware of of doing this kind of thing on past projects, prior to his liver problem.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

If you make good grades and don’t disrupt class and are a good looking kid with a nice smile, teachers love you.

You can’t blame them for favoring these students over others. Lot of kids were jealous of me b/c of it but I never raised my hand in class and asked to be teacher’s pet.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Blink reminds me of Hank’s Asian neighbor on King of the HIll. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I’m against martial arts. I will teach my kids the fine art of snitching. It’s more effective and let’s face it, a big bully is still going to take out a little kid, martial arts knowledge or not.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Your vanity is endless. Wow are you ever full of yourself.
You really should consider getting professional help.
Have you ever wondered why at your (stated) age you’re still sharing a cubicle with a new kid? When I was your age I was made supervisor of a dozen military retirees who were all older and more experienced than me. Think about it.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Teachers nominated me for Most Likely to Be Rich and Successful ever year. Other kids were obviously jealous but knew it was true all the same. These teacher’s actually made me an “easy target” by making me their pet. It’s hard to be one of the cool kids if your teacher worships you.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

You remind me of the weasel kid in Lily’s story.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I was thinking Frank Burns (MASH).

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Yeah, I made a similar point to him in a previous post. My guess is that he’s been red flagged as not suitable for advancement/management.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Teachers nominated me for Most Likely to Be Rich and Successful ever year.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Are you?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Dr. Tesla – I’m guessing you were bullied quite frequently, or wanted to be.

Sporty1946 on March 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

In high school, I used to get transfered out of classes early in the year to another one if I thought the teacher was going to make me their pet.

Kids get jealous over this kind of stuff and let’s face it, being the teacher’s pet is more of a burden than a blessing.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Talk about a BULLY! Sebelius is bullying all of us with her insane Obamacare rules. Can we call her a jerk?

Christian Conservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

What we have here is the ernest attempt by the liberals to create another victim class.

We welcome….TADA….THE BULLIED!

The bullied of the world always vote Democrat. They go on Oprah and tell their story. Sad movies are made. Bulled support groups are formed. Health care must provide for exceptional mental care for the formerly bullied and the scars they have formed.

So okay it’s a tongue in cheeky rant above and I do think bullies need to be thwacked a time or two.

But it’s like another wise poster pointed out….the teachers, bus drivers and the like often don’t want to get involved. They like to pass these “no exception” type laws.

There simply is not a better solution than to somehow get the bullied the ability, however and however, to extricate themselves from the situation. And if they can’t extricate themselves in any way, they’ll have to go on living.

They need to do best to report the matters to the people in charge, they then must try to get out of or away from the situation, and finally, dare I say it? They’ve got to find a way to fight back.

I might not have definitive answers but what I DO know is this not something the gubmint needs to get involved in, dear Lord, please, no.

patfish on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

No true at all. A HS classmate of mine was skinny, glasses, and had a black belt. He took out 3 guys at once from another school who tried to jump him. Currently has his own business teaching self-defense (including defensive driving and other ways to protect yourself) and doing executive defense / bodyguard work.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Christian Conservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I dunno, has The Won repealed the 1st amendment yet? If not then go ahead and call her what you want.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

In the 6th grade, my teacher got angry at me b/c I phoned in the yearly science experiment because I had won best science experiment project for 3 years in a row and I wanted to give another kid the chance to shine.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Democrats always resort to name calling, even to stop name calling. “just call those bullies “jerks” and you can be a hero”. Ha, ha, okay, bully the bullies, got it

Dollayo on March 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Ok, mebbe this was addressed before…How in the Hell did this hag ever get elected to office???

Kansas??? Hello???

BigWyo on March 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Tina, you proceed onto the slippery slope when you suggest that the best way to ensure harmony in public is to ensure harmony in private. That could be viewed as inviting the government in to supervise our household lives and I’m agin’ it.

Tell you what: let’s set a good example for our kids and have a social discussion that exhausts every possibility of just who should do just what about this problem except for the suggestion that the bullied child learn something about dealing with it him- or herself.

That way we educate our children that whatever negative influences they encounter in their lives, they can always expect someone else to defend them, someone else to help them be a victim, and never, ever consider the possibility that they might have agency enough, be empowered enough, to try to deal with a thorny problem like this themselves (with parents’ loving help, of course).

Hey, we’d raise a whole new generation of kids who…

…oh wait…

ElRonaldo on March 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Are you?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Dang – beat me to it….

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I won the 4th grade science experiment with a 2 liter pepsi bottle filled with water and an an eye dropper to demonstrate some scientific principle, probably something to do with pressure. I didn’t even do a poster for it, and I still won first place.

Most of the other kids were doing stuff like making models of volcanoes that had something come out of it that represented lava. Not exactly demonstrating a theory of science.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Heck of a straw man you’re building, Tina.

Dante on March 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

me me me me me me me
Everyone look at me. I’m so special.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM

patfish on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Granted my high school experience has almost no relation to anything today because it was so long ago and in such a different setting. Rural, sparsely populated area. My high school class was about 60 people. There were probably about 150 total kids in the four upper grades and another 500 or so in the lower grades. There were almost no incidences of bullying, a few but they were rare. The reason was that it was understood that if you pushed someone you’d better stand by because you were danged sure gonna get pushed back. That’s just the way it was. Bullying incidents were very rare. Teacher’s pets were also rare. Our teachers were professionals and for the most part they liked their students.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Yes, I remember back in my “old schooldays”, during the first class of the year, the teacher would name the student “Most Likely to be Rich and Successful”. It was a yearly event, and a great way to begin the year! Glad to see they’ve kept up this tradition.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Of course you did.

Gosh, I don’t know, but somehow I suspect “Dr. Tesla” (uh huh), is an internet “persona” rather than a real person.

Dreadnought on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I don’t remember what principle that sciene project was supposed to demonstrate but but pretty sure it had something to do with pressure. I was 10 back in the 1920′s so my memory of what I did back then is a little hazy. I’m not sure how you claim I’m bragging about it, pretty sure my old man came up with the idea and I just understood it enough to talk about it.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

At this point Tesla is just seeing how long he can troll you guys. Hence the more and more outrageous commentary.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

WHy can’t I argue that blink is looking for attention by arguing he would give a bully a beatdown? He wants us to think he’s a tough guy.

I’m the anti-shock jock so that’s why it’s funny how i manage to stir people up over harmless comments.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

No, going by our logic, you should have already learned a way to prevent this guy from dominating you in the first place.

You really are a slow learner. I doubt you were ever a good student.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Nope, I don’t think people would lie on the internet.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

He reminds me of the deranged girls that claim to be raped just to get attention.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Dr Tesla = The Tawana Brawley of Hot Air

:-)

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Going back to the other little boy scouts being jealous of me b/c my old man was the “Scout Master”, I managed to win the Pine Derby and it was voted “Most Beautiful Design” (I painted it bronze and put green stripes on it, and all the other little kids thought it was rigged for me to win.

Kids and adults get jealous over the most trivial things.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I’m 34, that’s advanced middle age at least. Alexander the Great had conquered like 3 continents by the time he was 15. I’m a huge failure in comparison but I do the best I can.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

The truth is that a long as there are kids there will be bullying. I’m not saying it shouldn’t be discouraged, but that we can have 100 aseemblies about bullying each year, all kinds of anti-bullying programs and initiatives, and there will STILL be bullies because those who are prone to bullying are also prone to thinking they won’t be caught or either don’t have or don’t choose to have self-control. They get a sick satisfaction from bullying that nothing else can equal. In 30 years of teaching,I’ve seen my share of bullying. Probably about 75% of it could be stopped by reason, consequences, or other methods. The rest couldn’t be stopped without permanently separating the bully and those being bullied, which isn’t always possible for all of the day. We teachers had to watch the bullies like hawks and make sure each incident was documented and discipline meted out, though it didn’t do much good. This was in elementary school in an area where kids didn’t really use serious violence but could still do harm. One child told an adopted child she was going to report the adopted child’s parent to CPS for child abuse so she would be taken away from her parents. To me that is as serious as physical abuse – very scary for a child.

lukjuj on March 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Ya things have changed. My experience was more like yours in many ways – my boys’ school a lot bigger. For me, a small suburban school in Maine, about 150 in my class. There were cliques that sort of battled each other, some bullying – which stopped if you stood up for yourself and it helped if you were part of a group (for me it was hockey team early on and track team later). Although the only buly I really ever had to deal with was a hockey teammate. I was a “smart” kid (top 10 but not #1 – not a genius like Tesla) but I didn’t flaunt it – I helped other kids pass some classes (sometimes giving them answers for tests if necessary) if I liked them – never under bully pressure – just helping friends get by.
I was overall Average Joe, but enough above avergae to get into a military academy – where I was way below average – but absolutelu no cheating there in either direction.
Unlike Tesla, I know who I am, I know my limitations and I’m fairly comfortable with it all. No need to spout to everyone how great and wonderful I am.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Yeah, we’re wasting our time ridiculing someone that is so starved for attention that he doesn’t mind.

blink on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Dreadnought on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

You’re both right, but it’s sometimes fun to play with them. It gets boring pretty quick though.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Blink, I’m inclined to agree with you about tesla just trolling.

uncommon sense on March 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Agreed.

What specific work are you doing right now?

blink on March 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM

A dollar to a doughnut that you’ll never get a real answer to this. At least not one that you can verify with a few quick questions.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

blink,

I don’t want to discuss work as we learned yesterday the client is sgoing to lay off most of the people on my project. My company is ranking us all and the rest will be either laid off or shipped to another assignment with the company which could be northern Canada living in a camp to support a mining project.

It’s a good thing I’m a pretty boy b/c I don’t see them sending me to northern Canada to live in a camp on a mining project.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

It’s kind of funny where there is are people attacking other people on a blog post about bullying. You got to admit that’s funny.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

What specific work are you doing right now?

blink on March 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Terrorizing me and others foolish enough to be reading this. I liked the “Tawana Brawley” of HA tag.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Of course, we figured that out a couple of pages ago. But like I said before, it’s fun for a while and doesn’t really do any harm.

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

So it’s my understanding that little underweight Johnny is supposed to go Karate Kid on the bully at school who has like 80 lbs on him even if he just gets beat up in the end. That’ll teach the bully to mess with him. :)

You guys aren’t being reasonable. You’ll come around to my side at some point. After a few beatdowns.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Gee, if you take words like “stupid,” “fat” and “jerk” out of a gradeschooler’s vocabulary, what will he have left?

SukieTawdry on March 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Kathleen Sebelius has serious issues. I guess that’s why she fits in to this administration so well.

Susanboo on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I think it’s kind of funny that someone would come onto a thread about bullying, and be so obvious about trying to get bullied.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I knew more words than stupid fat and jerk when I was in grade school.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Hey – don’t forget 4 eyes, railroad tracks, ginger, stringbean, geek, nerd…..

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I think asserting “somebody tries to get bullied” is like a male pig suggesting a woman is “asking for it” regarding rape if she wears certain types of clothing.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

What she meant to say was it is OK for liberal kids to call people “jerks”.

Grunt on March 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Sure it is

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The funny thing Tesla, is yes martial arts is t about size and weight, I know 110lb women who can take down 250 men. Your lack of knowledge of the concepts on martial arts is astounding. Let alone the history of such things.
Begone now troll, I for one am done with you.

uncommon sense on March 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I think your commentary on this thread says it all.

But if a woman dresses a certain way, and goes out and gets drunk/stoned, and makes it clear she’s “so wasted” and “looking for a good time”, I’d say she has little to no basis to claim rape if someone takes her up on her offer.

And I still think you could use some professional help for your rampant narcissism and apparent need to be dominated/abused.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM