Sebelius to kids: Instead of calling each other “jerks,” why don’t you call each other “jerks”?

posted at 3:40 pm on March 16, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Yesterday at a Washington D.C. middle school, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius hosted a screening of the Cartoon Network’s new film, “Stop Bullying: Speak Out.” As its name suggests, the movie aims to teach kids to speak out when they witness bullying — and to not bully other children themselves. One of its many prescriptions: Don’t call classmates words like “stupid,” “fat” and “jerk.”

Sebelius must have dozed off during the film, though, because, after the screening ended, in a panel discussion moderated by CNN’s Don Lemon, she gave advice that directly contradicted the movie:

“What do you think is the best advice for people who are going into watching this film and anyone who is watching?” asked Lemon.

As part of her answer, Sebelius said: “I think, very important, is for kids to understand how powerful you really are. You might feel like you’re not big enough, not strong enough, not–don’t have enough tools. But just saying, ‘Stop it! You know, you’re being a jerk!’–walk away, get away from this person can make a huge amount of difference.”

“And you can really rescue somebody,” Sebelius said. “You can be a real hero.”

Which is it? Is “jerk” a taboo word or the right word to use to speak out against … jerks? As they say, “Live by political correctness, die by political correctness.” As we teach kids to stand up against bullies, are we actually depriving them of the skills and tools they need to stand up against bullies? It’s a serious question.

Sebelius contradicted herself on another point. She said the government plays an important role in combating bullying in schools — presumably by drawing awareness to the issue. But then she hit the nail on the head when she said parents should step in when a child is bullied. “As a parent you should be empowered to really act on behalf of your child and other children,” she said.

As with so many well-intentioned initiatives, anti-bullying programs treat the symptom rather than the disease. Kids often act out when their own home lives are less than ideal. While playground fights will be as perennial as the playground itself, the best way to ensure harmony in public — including at school and among children — is to work for harmony in private. That means to seek to support stable families. While I’d rather the federal government not waste tax dollars on any of these types of initiatives, if we’re going to have ‘em, why not a “Save the Families” or “Stop Divorce: Speak Out” initiative?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

The jerk store called!

lorien1973 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

And 1/6 of the US economy is now “at the Secretary’s discretion”…

teke184 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

It’s OK. She’s a “comedienne.”

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

She’s a jerk.

Lost in Jersey on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Sebelius should’ve told the tots that, if she had had her way, some of them … maybe, a lot of them, wouldn’t be around, today.

Abortion lovers love the tots, you know.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You know, I’m sick and tired of all of this “ignore bullies” crap. Stand up to them! Get your a$$ kicked if necessary, but it will only happen once. Make sure they know they’ve been in a fight, they’ll leave you alone.

libertarianlunatic on March 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Secretary Kathleen Sebelius hosted a screening of the Cartoon Network’s new film, which, if they wanted to be honest in the true intention of the film, would title it“Stop Bullying Gay Kids (we would give a sh*t about the straight ones): Speak Ou>.”

FIFT

DethMetalCookieMonst on March 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Smart power.

Huckabye-Romney on March 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

The word “Jerk” should only be used to describe the food prep method invented by the Maroons in Jamaica.

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

The jerk store called!

lorien1973 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

But there are no jerk stores.

/Elaine

Nick_Angel on March 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Isn’t using force – a mandate – on us … a form of bullying?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM

This is the aftermath of disabeling the nuclear family and putting govt in its place.

This is one of many problems that you end up with.

But its of course unintended.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Point taken, Madame Secretary. Sandra Fluke is a jerky slut.

Huckabye-Romney on March 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I used to just beat up the bullys. Make them bleed, that’ll show’em.

Name calling is stupid.

Buckshot Bill on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

If you are the teacher’s pet like I was, all you have to do is tell the teacher on the bully and the bully is dealt with.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Did that film star Steve Martin?

lhuffman34 on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I am finding this anti-bullying campaign to be rather offensive to our liberties quite frankly. I have yet to see a single ad advocating a right to self defense, either physically or verbally. If Sebelius is too damn stupid to know what her own campaign is about and secretly knows how to truly deal with bullying, then I say her comments are a good thing. It puts the lie to the whole campaign and just might encourage people to stand up and point out the obvious liberty crushing solutions this campaign advocates.

NotCoach on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Kansas! What have you done?
You elected this wench before?
(trying to help our war on women!)

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

The jerk store called!

lorien1973 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

As that what the call the store at the White House? Unfortunately, they are still well stocked.

WashJeff on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

libertarianlunatic on March 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Absolutely true. Bullies don’t stop from being ignored. They stop when someone stands up to them, because when it comes right down to it, most bullies are really cowards at heart anyway.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

And then of course, when the bully found out who snitched on him, you would hang for hours from your BVD’s in the gym locker room until the janitor found you on his night round.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The use of “jerk” would be appropriate when describing the current crew in the executive branch – both by itself and as the first half of a wholly relevant term for what these people are and how they govern.

MessesWithTexas on March 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The jerk store called!

lorien1973 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

And they’re running out of Kathleen!!!!

NJ Red on March 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM

What slimy swamp did these people slither out of?

rplat on March 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

And 1/6 of the US economy is now “at the Secretary’s discretion”…

teke184 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

It’s enough to make you want to run screaming into the night. Actually, I’ve felt that way since January, 2009.

talkingpoints on March 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Okay, moving on…. nothing to see here.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

You don’t understand the power teacher pets have. When I said the bullies were dealt with, that means they were dealt with.

Everybody was always jealous of my teacher pet status but I used it to my advantage.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

These are the people soon to be in total control of your health care…!

d1carter on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.

mankai on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Why are tax paying citizens paying HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to tell us how to properly parent our kids or getting in between parents and kids when it comes to how kids should behave, mature and grow?

This kid advice from a person who is very much in favor of killing the unborn because they are inconvenient?

She is a jerk. And, along with every other member of this Administration, a bully as well.

coldwarrior on March 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM

iliberal4life’s computer did not generate a 2nd in thread auto-comment on how wonderful the “emperor” and his admin. are. Wonder why?

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Reality is most teacher pets didn’t lobby for the role and it puts the kids who the teacher makes her pet in a tough spot b/c other little kids get jealous about it.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Okay, moving on…. nothing to see here.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Then why are you here? Pffft.

NJ Red on March 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM

It’s sad that we are raising children to be wimps & wussies with such poor senses of self-worth that everything/anything is considered bullying. Behavior that every generation considered teasing has now become hate crimes because the prime dictum today seems to be “Don’t hurt my itty bitty feelings”

katiejane on March 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yep, if kids don’t learn to deal with bullies in school they’ll never learn to deal with them as an adult.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

This sounds like the joke we used to say when we were kids:

Never f**king swear!!!

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I was in the Boy Scouts and my dad was the “Scout Master” and a lot of the other little boys were jealous about that. They thought my dad gave me my Eagle Scout award although I earned like 10 merit badges at boy scout summer one summer and pretty much wrapped it up then. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Why don’t people remember our genius solution from the ’70s? You call a mean, stupid fool “dummard.”

J.E. Dyer on March 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

“Instead of calling someone a ‘jerk’ why not use ‘c*nt’?”

mankai on March 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

what a fascinating topic for a blog post.

sesquipedalian on March 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

what a fascinating topic for a blog post.

sesquipedalian on March 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

We got to keep it focused on the economy and gas prices otherwise people will forget. These social issues are a distraction.

Somebody’s got to say it.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM

How about calling a bully a bully? Picking on the weak is not cool.

Also, teachers have been neutered when it comes to discipline. A teacher can see horrific bullying with her own two eyes, but since she has to be so careful about what she says or does in response, not much is going to come out of it except paperwork. I feel for the students and the good teachers.

McDuck on March 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM

You have to get to children while they’re young to indoctrinate them into the tricky rules of the liberal double standards.

Fallon on March 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM

She’s simply giving the kids a lesson in Lefty Hypocracy Theory.

It’s okay to break your own rules if you mean well. So it’s okay to call women sexist names if your heart is in the right place. It’s okay to protest violently as long as you’re beliefs line up with the Left. It’s okay to deny people their civil rights if it’s for the greater good. And it’s okay to call “bad kids” “jerks” to keep them from calling other kids “jerks.”

29Victor on March 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hey, Kathleen. Stop it! You know, you’re being a jerk!
Quit bullying Catholics!

Dexter_Alarius on March 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

This tactic only works when the teacher’s watching. Once their back is turned, watch out.

The only real way to stop a bully is to confront them, get in their face. You might takes some lumps, but in the end it’ll stop.

That’s also the problem with “Zero-tolerance” policies. The bullied and the bully are both in equal amounts of trouble in any altercation. But hey, we don’t want to lower the teacher’s self-esteem by forcing them to think and make choices.

kenashimame on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Was that before or after you started wearing a helmet while running track?

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Bullies are brave in their own way b/c let’s face it, they are not well liked and yet they continue to act like jerks to smaller kids.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Kansas! What have you done?
You elected this wench before?
(trying to help our war on women!)

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Kathleen’s not in Kansas anymore. And we need to find her some ruby red slippers to send her back.

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I’m so tired of this “anti-bullying” campaign.

Suddenly,everything every kid or young adult does, it’s because they were “bullied”. Phoebe Prince committed suicide because she was bullied– but really she had a depression problem. The kid that just shot fellow students in Ohio? The first reports said he was bullied. I hate that because it places the blame on the kids he shot. In reality, he had a horrible homelife. Tyler Clementi jumped off the GW bridge, and the story was that he was bullied. But his mother had rejected him when he came out to her.

Kids need to be taught to stand up for themselves, enlist help when they need it, and most of all….stop caring if some kid says something mean to you.
And the rest of us need to stop simplifying everything into “bullying”.

MayBee on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

So here is my problem, my kid is learning about bullying in public school a lot, evidently. Every time there is the slightest bit of conflict between him and another child than he automatically says the child is being a bully. They are oversensitizing my kid!!!

Seriously, any advice?

earlgrey133 on March 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Was that before or after you started wearing a helmet while running track?

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I’m going to respectfully ask that you stop trolling me and trying to bait me into insulting you in return. I’m not doing that with you guys anymore.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

First of all, the entire federal “Stop Bullying” campaign was designed by Kevin Jennings and is simply a nationalization of GLSEN’s “Stop Bullying” campaign, and as such it it really code for just one thing: Stop making fun of gay classmates. I’m surprised at the number of pundits and Americans who don’t know this.

Second, the program is not teaching students to stand up to bullies, but the exact opposite: it’s teaching them to squeal on bullies, i.e. get the authority structure to stop the bully, rather than stopping him yourself. This is just another way of indoctrinating kids to NOT be self-reliant but instead to depend entirely on the government for everything, including your honor.

And lastly, the definition of “bullying” has been so watered down that basically any un-PC action can now be classified as bullying, so the program has become a totalitarian’s wet dream.

I, like many kids, was bullied regularly. “Bullying” in those days (not so long ago) meant:

- Getting your ass kicked after school on a regular basis.
- Getting “sucker punched” from behind.
- Having your lunch money stolen.
- Having bullies’ older brothers drive by your house in their Camaros and throw rocks through your front window.
- Living each day in fear for your life.
- etc.

That‘s bullying.

Nowadays, being “bullied” means:
- Being insulted.
- Interpreting some snarky remark as an insult.
- Disapproving of the swear-word-du-jour on the playground.
- Being laughed at.
- etc.

By moving the bullying benchmark so low, the authority figures can now micro-manage kids’ thoughts and behavior.

Zombie on March 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I had to learn how to deal with bullies and then watch my kids go through it. It is a rite of passage. These people are truly clueless, and are bullies.

Hening on March 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

“Instead of calling someone a ‘jerk’ why not use ‘c*nt’?”

Nice! no sarc intended.

earlgrey133 on March 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

You all misunderstand. If a conservative kid calls a liberal kid a jerk it is bad. If a liberal kid calls a conservative kid a jerk it is good.That is all.

MikeA on March 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

NotCoach on March 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Amen bro. I made sure my boys knew some of the basics (from boxing, judo, and unarmed combat) that I learned in the military – IF they should ever need it. But my boys had more of a knack for getting along with anyone and everyone so they’ve really never needed it. But having some level of knowledge that you can stand up for yourself probably helps give you the ability to get along with people without feeling threatened (which goes with being a bully), and showing a sense of confidence so you’re not a likely target for bullies. While my older son has always been more of a leader type, my younger son was always really skinny (still is at 6’6″) but has such a great sense of humor and so easy-going a lot of the big kids liked hanging out with him – and wouldn’t let anyone else touch him either.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Sebelius and Obama are jerks.

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Soon, children will be afraid to say anything because they’ll be turned for being a bully. This teaches kids never to voice their opinions … especially if they’re passionate. It can be construed as “anger”.

A few generations from now we’ll have compliant little bots that snitch on each other. The perfect children for the new liberal Utopia.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Even if I were to get into a fight with a bully and win, I don’t think I would have felt good about it, b/c fighting people isn’t something I ever want to do. In a way you concede power to a bully if you let them make you angry.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I was bullied for the first six years of school. In the seventh grade I had a little event where I fought back, won and beat the bully nearly to death before my brother dragged me off him. I have to say I was never bullied in that town again. The liberal crap about fighting never solves anything is stupid. Fighting a losing never solves anything but winning solves lots of things.

MikeA on March 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Trolling you? HA HA HA!

As for “insulting me in return,” you can’t. I take being called the worst possible names as a compliment.

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

These days the word bully is used by liberals to mean somebody who disagrees with them and pokes fun of some of their ideas, like their belief other people should in one way or another pick up the tab for their birth control using bogus costs.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM

This is SOP for the Obama administration. Obama chides everyone to be civil, then is astonishingly uncivil himself. That’s how they roll.

GaltBlvnAtty on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Kids need to be taught to stand up for themselves …

MayBee on March 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

This is anathema in our public schools. To be told to stand up for yourself is to sow a seed of independence – something the State does not like.

Parents used to instill standing up for yourself in their children. But, with each generation of single parent families and/or parents abdicating their responsibilities and handing them over to the teachers – the children have become more dependent on the State, or on authority.

And dependence on the State, or on authority, is exactly what the State wants.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

If the MSM didn’t keep telling me these people are so super scary smart, I just might think they are pretty DUmb and at best of mediocre intelligence. Could we please get those the MSM called stupid back in charge?

jukin3 on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Trolling you? HA HA HA!

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

What are you doing if not trying to bait me into a little cyber fight with you?

Hotair holds me to a higher standard than the rest of you b/c they know I’m a genius.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Right on point. I ran from a bully when I was very young and my father made me go out and face him. He never bothered me again. My father was in the service so when I was growing up I was in six different schools (Germany,France,CA,PA,NJ,OR). I was always being tested because I was the new kid so my father’s lesson was invaluable.
Even though I was one of the smallest kids in my class, I would defend the other small kids from bullies. I told them what my father told me “If you run from these kids now, you’ll be running for the rest of your life.”

bandutski on March 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Bullies are bullies just because they’re mean. They want to be bullies. They like being bullies. They know they can get away with it. Their home life is irrelevant. They come from broken homes, complete homes, poor homes, rich homes. There are no underlying reason that can be cured with understanding. They are just mean. No teach or principal will do anything. They can give all the platitudes they want, all the so called punishments they want of detention or doing lines. Doesn’t matter. The bullies will continue to be bullies because it is just who they are. Nothing will ever stop them from being bullies, at least nothing that doesn’t get the victim arrested.

hadsil on March 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Always means “mission accomplished” :)

p.s. no pictures/link of Moussolini in Chicago, just seen with own eyes, during bus. trip. It was utterly disgusting, very prevalent.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Like everyone in the Odouchbag administration Sebelius is a jerk off.

kozmo on March 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

No. I had a some kids in school try to bully me around. After a few months of the crap I beat one kids ass. I never was bothered again. Bullies bully others because they don’t expect retaliation.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I don’t think bullying is really all that prevalent. It’s been exxagerrated by the Obama admin, it’s one of those issues that nobody really disagrees with…who is pro-bully in general.

It’s kind of like Bill O’Reilly milks the pedophilia stuff b/c most people aren’t pro-pedophile

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Obama is a bully, so is Bill Maher, and Ed Schultz.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Best Tina post ever.

Priscilla on March 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, my old man said my grandmother told him to stand up to a bully and he did and he beat the bully up, but my old man said he didn’t feel good about it.

If you are forced to fight a bully to resolve the issue, the bully has sort of won. You are being forced to do something you rather not do, especially if you have a peace and harmony kind of personality.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I was bullied..until my dad got me a punching bag and taught me how to use it. Best bully defense is to kick the crap out of one.

Youngs98 on March 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

BIMBO alert!

vietvet68 on March 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM

What are you doing if not trying to bait me into a little cyber fight with you?

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

OK, “genius.” LMFAO!

I still want to know how you could be a track star wearing that heavy helmet. You’ve never explained that one. lol

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM

The jerk store called!

lorien1973 on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

She’s their all-time best seller!

My Man John on March 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM

what a fascinating topic for a blog post.

sesquipedalian on March 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

And you would also give Bush’s HHS Secretaries (he had 2, the first from ’01 to ’05 and the other from ’05 to ’09) a Pass had they said the exact same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Once again, we Kansans remind the nation:

There are absolutely no “returns” of a used Sebelius!!!

landlines on March 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

People have to do a lot of things they’d rather not do. Confronting a bully is one of them but it’s the last thing a bully wants or expects. That’s why once a bully knows you’re not going to take it anymore they stop.

It’s just a fact of life. Any other way is dumb.

Look at the Islamists. People give into their crap all the time and it just emboldens them.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I’m a genius.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

It’s been exxagerrated

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Do “geniuses” always spell exaggerated with two “x’s” and two “g’s”?

Tes, you’re the best!

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

hadsil on March 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I don’t believe you have ever dealt with a bully in your life. I did at a young age. And the bullying did not stop until I kicked the weaselly punk’s ass. I learned a valuable lesson that day and I was never bullied again.

You can pick out the adults who never learned to stick up for themselves. They make easy targets for adult bullies. An adult bully doesn’t operate like a childhood bully, but they are still bullies. And I have had two bully bosses in my life. However, they never bullied me. As an adult it is just about never required to get violent to deal with a situation like this. It is only necessary to make it clear to the adult bully you won’t put up with their crap. This is why it is vitally important for children to learn how to properly deal with bullies at a young age.

Crying to the nearest authority figure will not stop bullies, and it will make you weak your entire life.

NotCoach on March 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

You’ve got it completely backward. It’s ok to not feel good about fighting the bully, but if the bully keeps at it he’s the one who’s winning. The only way to stop it entirely is to stand up to them or you will always be a victim.

dentarthurdent on March 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM

It’s OK. She’s a “comedienne.”

Resist We Much on March 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

itsnotaboutme on March 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Bullies bully because they’re being bullied by someone else.

John the Libertarian on March 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

So your old man didn’t feel good about standing up for himself, so what? Did the bullying stop? Was he ever bullied again?

Don’t you think it would be wonderful if we didn’t need a military? I think it would be wonderful if we didn’t need a military. But unfortunately we do. Sticking our our heads in the on any issue that requires self defense is only asking for more violent treatment in the future.

NotCoach on March 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Trust me, a good kid, good student, smart student who goes talks to his teachers, the principal, etc about a bully will get the bully issue resolved in most cases. That’s the way to do it, be a tattletale.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Bullies bully because they’re being bullied by someone else.

John the Libertarian on March 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Not all the time. Bullying is just power … the same power Obama feels when he rams his communist crap down our throats.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Look guys, I care about my face and I don’t want to put my handsome face in jeapordy over some redneck bully guy.

If I have the power to use my choir boy status to deal with something and make it go away, that’s how I’m going to do it.

You do what you think is best.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Then the kid gets his ass beat … or worse … after school. Plus, the kid gets known throughout the entire school as a snitch and no one has anything to do with them.

darwin on March 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Their home life is irrelevant.

hadsil on March 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

This is a tremendously uninformed opinion.

John the Libertarian on March 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM