Michelle Obama e-mail to donors: Barack loves you back

posted at 6:00 pm on March 16, 2012 by Tina Korbe

This reminds me of nothing so much as it reminds me of the scene in the musical Chicago when Roxie sings under her breath:

Mmm, I’m a star. And the audience loves me. And I love them. And they love me for loving them and I love them for loving me. And we just looove each other. And that’s ‘cuz none of us got enough love in our childhoods. And that’s showbiz … kid.

In fact, that’s practically the exact text of Michelle Obama’s recent e-mail to potential donors. It arrived in my inbox with the subject line “I love you back” and it read like this:

Friend –

I see this happen a lot:

Someone in a crowd yells at my husband, “We love you, Barack.”

That’s when he interrupts himself, smiles really big, and says, “I love you back.” And he does.

That’s why Barack’s dinners with supporters mean so much to him — because they give him a chance to show it and to say thanks.

I can say from experience you won’t want to miss out on the next dinner. I hope you’ll consider donating $3 — or whatever you can to support the campaign — and be automatically entered today:

Michelle

Question: If Barack Obama loves us all so much, why does he want to raise taxes, ignore spending cuts and just generally grow the debt from 67 percent of GDP this year to 76 percent in 2022? Why does he so oppose American oil and natural gas — so much so as to reject the Keystone pipeline? Why do I fear for my religious freedom?

Oh, that’s right. Obama doesn’t love us all. He loves his cronies — which does explain why he’s allowed Attorney General Eric Holder to keep his job despite Fast and Furious, why he’s funneled taxpayer dollars to losing ventures like Solyndra and Ener1, and why he’ll place a personal phone call to Sandra Fluke but never seek to console conservative women at the receiving end of misogynistic remarks.

Hey, in a way, isn’t Michelle Obama saying that $3 will buy a display of love for donors from her husband? What do we call people who take money for displays of affection again? Never mind; I know better than to go there.

Comments

I certainly feel “loved.” I’m so “loved” I’m sore.

RBMN on March 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Obama Derangement Syndrome.

This is really an issue? A fairly innocuous anecdote used in a generic donation message?

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Don’t Hurt Obama’s Feelings in 2012
Vote For Barack Or He’ll be Crushed!

Helluva bumpersticker.

profitsbeard on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

The plantation owner loves his subjects.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Would you have given Laura Bush (or Todd Palin!) a pass had they written the exact same thing?

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT
Coz it’ll take 8 years to solve all of Bush’s problems!

profitsbeard on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

It’s not an issue, merely an affirmation that she lies every bit as well as the marxist she’s married to.

Tim Zank on March 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Someone in a crowd yells at my husband, “We love you, Barack.”

I guess money can buy you love. Who knew?

sharrukin on March 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I wouldn’t care. Then secondly, if I ran a blog and didn’t want to have the appearance of pettiness I would doubly not care and waste time to create a blog post about it out of fear of the reaction I gave for example because they rightfully thought it was silly.

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

It’s another meaningless phrase like “yes we can.” It’s just more evidence of his shallowness and isolation.

RBMN on March 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

They’re recycling the 2008 campaign. They got the people “feinting” at his appearances, the “god-like” reverb in his mic and more worshipping.

p0s3r on March 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Well the least he could do is give us a reach around…

The Ugly American on March 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Today it says five campaign events for the president, the last one with a celebrity for $35K per person?

It really makes me uncomfortable when the president is using the celebrities for popularity, and as spokesmen. The celebrities are not always smart enough, they just parrot things because they CARE, and I am sure they do care. But not sure they care about the right things. And the perspective of a suddenly rich actor is just not the norm. I don’t think they “Get” real people.

Santorum was using that Love thing saying at his campaign rally, “I love you back.” I don’t like that from HIM either.

Fleuries on March 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I’m sick of seeing these people, sick of hearing about them and sick of hearing anything they have to say. That’s why I agree with Mark Levin, I’d vote for an orange can against them.

bluefox on March 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I wouldn’t care.

Realclearblue on March 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

lol

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Yeah …he loves us back.

Like a deadbeat boyfriend who’s constantly borrowing money.

The Ugly American on March 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Tyrants say they love their people. People like Evita Peron and the Kim family sell themselves by saying they love their people.

Love the country, Barack. That’s enough.

MayBee on March 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Verily doth the hourly quality of Hot Gas posts drop like a rock when AP or The Cap’n doesnt write them.

Sorry TK, but really? Madam O sending love notes by email to Obamabots? Stop the presses. Who gives a $hit?

Sacramento on March 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Barack Hussein Obama’s looooove.

Can you feeeeeel it?

SD Tom on March 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don’t want to go there, but Obama didn’t get love from his father, and then his mother would come and go, and so he was shuffled to his white grandparents. You know her –

I can no more disown [Rev. Wright] than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

I wish Obama had gotten more love. Then maybe he wouldn’t need the love and admiration of the voters.

Paul-Cincy on March 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Sorry, but I’m not feelin’ the luv, Michelle. Maybe if you sent me $3.

SukieTawdry on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

You don’t have to donate to win a dinner with Barack. You can enter here for free but you may have to prove who you are if you win. Somehow they avoid exact language on how you provide proof as to your identity. Maybe an Driver’s License or state I.D.?

6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.

Fallon on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Since I’ve started reading HotAir, I’ve learned that the Obama Administration and every other Democrat is utterly incapable of ever doing anything right or good. Sure am glad I stopped going to the biased Media for my news!

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Four more years of this and we’re oficially a Banana Republic.

NapaConservative on March 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

OT:

BREAKING NEWS: Military sources identify the suspect in the shooting deaths of 16 Afghan civilians as Staff Sgt. Robert Bales.

SD Tom on March 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

i thought he loved larry sinclair? or is it reggie love? i can’t keep track of all of his down low partners….

GhoulAid on March 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

seriously this qualifies as a post..its a fundraising email to Obamabots.. what did you expect?

jdivito on March 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Here’s a story deserving of a post, Israeli media reporting that for the first time there is a cabinet majority to attack Iran..

Israeli political sources believe that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a majority Cabinet support Israeli military action against Iran without American approval.

jdivito on March 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

sometimes loves hurts, Tina…./

ted c on March 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Hey the rest of us would probably love people who threw money at us, bought millions of dollars’ worth of our books, and voted us into high (and highly-paid) political offices for which we were grossly unqualified.

Who can blame Barry/Baraka and the Mrs. for loving the rubes who gave them a lifestyle of wealth and privilege that they never could have earned on their own?

AZCoyote on March 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

So let me get this straight. If you donate a paltry $3.00 you stand a chance of getting invited to one of Obama’s fund-raising dinners and sit next to some fat cat who paid $35,000 for his white truffles and lobster.

I’d love to see that and watch the lucky winner who could only afford three bucks sit next to all those CEOs, with mouth wide open in awe, listening to all the pompous conversations about their 100 ft yachts and $4 million dollar villas in the Carribean.

99%er, meet 1%er.

fogw on March 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Obam Obama Obama 24/7. This board should be renamed obamaair, cause its all about Obama 24/7.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I guess his argument would be that it’s tough love :-)…anyways, that campaign message by michelle is really pathetic in its vain stupidity, not to mention that stylistically speaking, looks like a 7 year old composed it…

jimver on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

What do you call someone who sells love for $3 a pop?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I will tell you one thing that is a fact. 0 decided to have a fundraiser in ATL today at rush hour on a Friday. Why anyone would want to vote for him after this is beyond me. Traffic is literally shutdown. We have some angry commuters out there today. Thanks 0, you do so much for us. Or is it to us?

Bmore on March 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

At least she didn’t write about her “schtruggles”.

She speaks like idiots.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

What do you call someone who sells love for $3 a pop?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Tawdry?

Paul-Cincy on March 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

How come all the lefties around here are such dumb writers and such dummies?

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Idol worship.

What other President had the President’s wife sending out mail to people praising that they say they love him? Wrong on lots of levels.

Reminds me of the days of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his cult.

albill on March 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

For just $3, you too can have a chance of eating so you don’t faint in the presence of The Won.

malclave on March 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

She better start mailing the University of Missouri because Obama gave them the kiss of death.

Wagthatdog on March 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Fallon on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

ID required for dinner with the emperor … for voting? Not so much.

Lost in Jersey on March 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

How come all the lefties around here are such dumb writers and such dummies?

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Not sure the plural “lefties” applies. I get the feeling there were some multiple signups going on in the last open registration.

What self-respecting lib doesn’t have ten or twelve email accounts with which to send boycott emails and letters to the editor?

Lost in Jersey on March 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

0 decided to have a fundraiser in ATL today at rush hour on a Friday.

Bmore on March 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

where is he fundraising? CNN hq? :-)…gee, what a shocka :-)…

jimver on March 16, 2012 at 7:01 PM

It is a tad bizarre.
Written like a love letter to a third party from the wife saying it is okay to love my husband, too.
Surprised they did not call the dinner “A Threesome with Barack, Michelle and You”. Just throw your motel key into the hat…

Very, very unpresidential….very, very much idol worship.

albill on March 16, 2012 at 7:01 PM

They got the people “feinting” at his appearances.

p0s3r on March 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Nice use of the language.

Lanceman on March 16, 2012 at 7:01 PM

He did this during the primary — does no one care about how utterly classless, tacky & low-rent raffling (at $3 a pop no less!) a chance to have dinner with the great and mighty O is, especially now when he is a sitting POTUS?

Dark Star on March 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Good to have you with us.

Lanceman on March 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Lost in Jersey on March 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Except the blog host can see that they all came from the same computer by checking the ISP number that many blogs provide.

albill on March 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

well, it’s more about how dumb and incompetent he really is. there are not enough hours in a day to emphasize this enough.

jimver on March 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

At least she didn’t write about her “schtruggles”.

She speaks like idiots.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

You noticed that too? Idiot is not the word I’d use.

Lanceman on March 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

For the first time in my life, I may throw up! Do people truly buy this garbage? Please tell me this is not for real. The Obama’s are living on another planet….and hopefully they will go away in November.

PS: I cannot believe this narcissistic fool landed at the busiest airport in the US at 5:00 pm on Friday, shut down all freeways in the worst commuting city in the world and wants to get votes in GA???? Good luck with that!

phoebe1 on March 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Suggestion to you and all the other lefties who aren’t satisfied with the quality of the bloggers or the people posting comments:

Leave

VibrioCocci on March 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

well, can he? examples, pls…

jimver on March 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Good, you’re a quick study then, and it’s 100% accurate. Pop some popcorn Saul if you’re going to stick around.

Tim Zank on March 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Leave

VibrioCocci on March 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Or as Ed Morrissey is fond of saying, “‘Shut up,’ he explained.” P.S., I’m not a lefty.

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Yeah …he loves us back.

Like a deadbeat boyfriend who’s constantly borrowing money.

The Ugly American on March 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Or like the dead beat parents who won’t pay child support.

Or like the spouses/partners who beat their partners half to death and then swear it will never, ever happen again.

Yep, Baracka loves us soooooooo much.

“spit”

GrannyDee on March 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I’m glad I’m not on Moo-chelle’s email list. That one would have made me throw-up violently.

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

If you aren’t you’re doing a remarkable imitation of it.

sharrukin on March 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

What do you call someone who sells love for $3 a pop?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Stupid.

GrannyDee on March 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Sadly, he is our Marxist, country-destroying President, so it’s not like we can ignore him. But he can resign at any time, or at least announce he isn’t seeking a 2nd term and we would all be glad to never speak of him again.

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Alpha_Male on March 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Sure, he’s been right.

1. He ordered the death of Bin Laden.
2. He, uh, uh, uh……………………… He ordered the death of Bin Laden.
3. Guess that’s about it.

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM

What do you call someone who sells love for $3 a pop?

Oldnuke on March 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Stupid.

GrannyDee on March 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Not 1/2 as stupid as those who buy it, though.

Dark Star on March 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Not 1/2 as stupid as those who buy it, though.

Dark Star on March 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Reminds me of the joke that ends with:

“So, who gave you the 25 cents?”

“All of them.”

GrannyDee on March 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Why do I fear for my religious freedom?

Ummm…
;P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Sure, he’s been right.

1. He ordered the death of Bin Laden.
2. He, uh, uh, uh……………………… He ordered the death of Bin Laden.
3. Guess that’s about it.

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM

You have no evidence of that.
On the other hand, there is evidence that Leon Panetta had to.

Lanceman on March 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I certainly feel “loved.” I’m so “loved” I’m sore.

RBMN on March 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

…and I’m butt sore!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

If Obama really loved us he would resign.

CTpatriot on March 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You have no evidence of that.
On the other hand, there is evidence that Leon Panetta had to.

Lanceman on March 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

But…but….there’s this documentary that tells us what an astounding decision it was for him to make the call on taking OBL out, and….and…….how marvelous he was for this, and…..and……..

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Tina, upping the snark quotient — I like it!

DavidW on March 16, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I suppose I can understand that lots of people wouldn’t notice the cultishness of these ‘love’ exchanges, but how do they not notice the insincerity?

“Friend, I have no idea what your name is and am too busy asking all my millions of other friends for money to have time to find out, but I just wanted you, whoever you are, to know that my husband loves you just as he loves millions of other nameless people. Not like he loves me of course; me, he knows my name, but for that privilege I have to give him a lot more than three dollars. Anyway, you should feel really honoured to receive this anonymous mass mailing asking you to give money to us, so that we can continue to be so, so, so much richer than you are and spend our lives doing interesting things that nameless people like you can watch us doing on TV. Thank you.”

YiZhangZhe on March 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM

It’s all about the O green

Wade on March 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Well we’ve all determined what Burrock and MOOshelle are we are, now we are finding out the price. And it’s Ghetto Fabulous.

mkm19602000 on March 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Well we’ve all determined what Burrock and MOOshelle are, now we are finding out the price. And it’s Ghetto Fabulous.

mkm19602000 on March 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT
Coz it’ll take 8 years to solve all of Bush’s problems!

profitsbeard on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Eight years?

You like President Bush more than I did!

It would take this administration a couple of centuries to solve an Algebra problem.

They haven’t figured out that more oil on the market may cost less than less oil. Oh yes, only a few cents. that is why they are struggling with the SPR.

And God forbid think about Nat Gas or hearing Boone Pickens or about a million other loudmouth self made millionaires.

What could they know?

We have Buffett on tax policy! LOL

IlikedAUH2O on March 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM

profitsbeard on March 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

President Bush’s problems?

Isn’t leaving $15 Trillion in debt kinda a problem?

Of course, he isn’t nearly done yet!

Not to mention a Middle East in the hands of radicals.

IlikedAUH2O on March 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Michelle serves as Barack’s pimp.

Okay, that is a hateful comment, and I feel bad about it already, but my distain is for our First Couple because I think they hate American greatness and have no, zero, nada clue about it.
“Fundamental changes” implemented under the current occupier administration would end American exceptionalism after a generation or two.

I do not hate prostitutes and pimps, and apologize for insinuating association with Michelle and Barack Obama.

Oh well. I suppose Barack does not love me back.

exdeadhead on March 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM