Friday night news dump: Administration to move forward with and expand contraception mandate

posted at 10:30 pm on March 16, 2012 by Tina Korbe

The administration this afternoon released its “Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on preventive services policy.” Translation: President Barack Obama and HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius are moving forward with their controversial contraception mandate, which requires even religiously affiliated employers to provide their employees with insurance that covers contraception — even if those employers object to contraception on religious grounds.

But don’t worry: Secretary Sebelius says your religious liberty is assured, so it is assured.

“The President’s policy respects religious liberty and makes free preventive services available to women,” she said. ”Today’s announcement is the next step toward fulfilling that commitment.”

Never mind that, by drawing a distinction between actual churches and church-operated businesses like hospitals and schools, the administration effectively appropriated for itself the power to determine what constitutes ministry. Also, last I checked, there was no such thing as “free preventive services.”

Sandra Fluke should be happy, though. The administration made a final decision about whether it will require colleges to provide  students with insurance that covers contraception, as well. Take one wild guess as to what their decision was. Yep, that’s right:

Administration officials also released a final rule governing student health plans.  Under the final rule, students will gain the same consumer protections other people with individual market insurance have, like a prohibition on lifetime limits and coverage of preventive services without cost sharing.  In the same way that religious colleges and universities will not have to pay, arrange or refer for contraceptive coverage for their employees, they will not have to do so for their students who will get such coverage directly and separately from their insurer.

Note that the administration still pretends the mandate isn’t a mandate on religious employers if the insurers have to provide contraception coverage “directly and separately” to employees and students. Actually, it’s still a conscience-violating mandate, as Ed explained when the administration first announced its “accommodation”:

So these employers will still have to provide the health insurance, and the health insurance must cover the contraception and abortifacients.  The White House apparently wants to pretend that the funds for these outlays will come off of the Unobtanium Tree, where insurers find money to cover all mandates.  This exposes once again a stunning ignorance of risk pools and how costs are passed along to consumers.

Let’s just take this one step at a time.  Where do insurers get money to pay claims?  They collect premiums and co-pays from the insured group or risk pool.  No matter what the Obama administration wants to say now, the money that will cover those contraception costs will come from the religious organizations that must now by law buy that insurance and pay those premiums.  Their religious doctrines have long-standing prohibitions against participating in contraception and abortion, and nothing in this “accommodation” changes the fact that the government is now forcing them to both fund and facilitate access to products and services that offend their practice of religion.

Basically, the Obama administration told religious organizations to stop complaining and get in line.  This “accommodation” only attempts to accommodate Obama’s political standing and nothing more.

Consider also that many religious employers are self-insured and have no insurer onto whom they can push the cost of contraception insurance.

The timing of this announcement just couldn’t have been better. As The Washington Examiner’s Joel Gehrke put it, “The announcement came late Friday afternoon, on the eve of St. Patrick’s Day, as the second day of March Madness basketball games were under way.” People skip work to watch March Madness. Think they’re going to turn off the TV to dig up a dry statement from Her Consistency Kathleen Sebelius? Not likely.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

cptacek on March 17, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I thought it WAS an alcoholic. If he’s drunk while doing his radio show, that’s kind of irresopnsible to his radio station parterns and his advertisers.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM

He’s NOT drinking now, and hasn’t since before I started listening to him (Sept 2003).

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 17, 2012 at 1:57 AM
AZfederalist on March 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Well, okay guys.
IIRC, it was OK-Sooner who called him on it. I seem to remember Sooner as being, in general, quite reasonable.

I don’t think racist epithets are any more valid here than you guys. I just wish I’d seen the original comment. I won’t label “vietvet” (or whatever his name was) a racist without the context.

(Growing up, I used to play Euchre with some guys who were several years older than I. If you guys know Euchre, you know about reneging in that game. One guy always used to pronounce it that way (the way “vietvet” spelled it). I just wonder if the guy always heard it that way, and didn’t know how to spell it or pronounce it correctly.)

(Whew! That’s some typin’.)

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

the old lady never says anything. It’s amazing she even comes on here. She just lurks on here for hours and occasionaly pipes up about what she’s going to eat for dinner and attacks me personally. Why come to a political comment board if that’s all you got?

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Um, he IS an alcoholic. He admits that.

cptacek on March 17, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM

No one stands up in a meeting and says “Hi, my name is Glenn, and I was an alcoholic.” Just because someone doesn’t drink anymore doesn’t mean they aren’t alcoholics.

cptacek on March 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Be careful..You are fixing to jump something..And it is bigger than a shark..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Ok, so how do you explain the crying. You don’t think that’s weird at all? You don’t think he’s a little too alarmist at times? Kind of bi-polar mania about things?

He seems weird to me. I don’t get his appeal.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Be careful..You are fixing to jump something..And it is bigger than a shark..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

So this is it, eh? No QOTD, but we got the freak show.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I think Beck’s jumps the shark about everytime he says anything but he still has a loyal audience.

Seems only fair I get a few in myself. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Did a bunch of comments just get deleted?
tom daschle concerned on March 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Yes, they did. The original openly rascist post that was posted tonight and then the succeeding posts that followed it by other HotAir commenters who endorsed it and just thought it was funny to play with using the “n word” to talk about the President. Real classy.

Good on the moderators though for doing something about it. Hopefully the posters were banned without a second thought.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Ok, so you say light them up if you have them but you don’t smoke. You are so smarmy, guy.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:08 AM

No, the problem here is you jumped to a conclusion, and you used it like a hammer because you can’t best me. Actually, you libeled me twice in one post.

My libertarian position is this: I don’t want the Left telling anyone they can’t smoke a cigarette, and I don’t want the Right telling anyone they can’t smoke a joint. Stay out of our lives, you self-righteous prigs.

I don’t smoke pot, either.

Tesla, you come here looking for fights. That is clear to everyone here. You insult just about everyone you engage with. You are not well-liked. So don’t be surprised when you enter a thread and everyone is ripping you a new one.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

AZfederalist on March 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yeah. Sorry if I lost your point in making mine. I just re-read your post.

I think one should be able to quote offensive stuff from wherever, as long as they do it accurately.

Again, I don’t like racist comments or epithets. I do think that racism (and other forms of hatred) are better in the open, rather than hidden. We could have been ripping on that guy right now, if he had been allowed to stay.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Democrats are so preoccupied with either preventing or ending life, it’s no wonder they’re so miserable while they live.

jan3 on March 17, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Lights out here. Night all

AZfederalist on March 17, 2012 at 2:15 AM

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The reality is I never talk to you, because you are dull and rarely say anything. Yet when you do work up the courage to post something, you snipe at me and try to control what I say. I find that most amazing, a guy who rarely talks on here wants to control what I say.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Shallow, petty, and ignorant.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM

This coming from a guy who thinks Catholics are characterized by pedophilia.

unclesmrgol on March 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Careful JtL, you might soon be on the receiving end of some luv poems…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

You are John the Sanctimonious, you are no liberterian, you just a bitter old pothead who chains smokes and tells himself he’s the genius in this world.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM

…must be related to csdeven…been crying obsession lately…you’re a mess!…get the meds mixed right…tomorrow’s another day…today wasn’t a good day for you…you have had a few of them lately.

KOOLAID2 on March 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

So this is it, eh? No QOTD, but we got the freak show.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Well Sean FitzMcLanceman. How good of you to show up on this fine evening. Today everyone is Irish.

SparkPlug on March 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I read also that both the Byzantine and Orthodox bishops and Metropolitans (I believe that is their official title) have joined with this as well.

A Day of Prayer and Fasting for Religious Liberty

PatriotGal2257 on March 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Yes, they are called Metropolitans but they are ranked differently in the Greek Orthodox and the Russian Orthodox Churches (in the Greek Orthodox Church Metropolitans are below Archbishops; in the Russian Orthodox Church Metropolitans are ranked above Archbishops). But the title is misleading in both cases because Metropolitans don’t have any special authority over the ruling bishops in their area, they merely serve as chairman over their synod of bishops — kind of a more administrative position/title.

Just a little Eastern Orthodox FYI. I happen to be Greek Orthodox, so I was kind of happy (? don’t know how to describe it really, but many people don’t realize the Orthodox Church is catholic, too) to see your post mentioning the Church & am glad they are joining with their Roman Catholic brethren on this.

Dark Star on March 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

The reality is I don’t tell people how or what they can say or talk about. That’s what these internet control freaks like John the “Liberterian” want to do.

I don’t talk to this loser but he’s always got a snide comment for me.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM

This coming from a guy who thinks Catholics are characterized by pedophilia.

unclesmrgol on March 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Unclesmongrel! Ain’t seen you in a coon’s age!

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

He seems weird to me. I don’t get his appeal.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I suspect he is bi-polar, though he has never mentioned it.

His appeal (at least on the radio) goes beyond himself.
If you were to take Steve “Stu” Burguiere and Pat Gray out of the broadcast booth, It would have an enormous negative impact.
But Stu and Pat would be the first to tell you that the show could never have become what it is today, without Glenn.

FWIW, I’m the kind of guy who can break out crying, when passionately addressing someone (or more than one) on certain issues.

That must be why I like him.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM

KOOLAID, i’m going to go back to ignoring you. You would be a rich man if that meds joke was funny b/c god knows you say that in about every one of your posts which are about 99% about me. You stalk me on here. Don’t tell me you don’t love me.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Ha! And don’t forget: you have to take the pills every day!

Dark Star on March 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

SparkPlug on March 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Who got hammered? Nunna my buddies, I hope.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

So this is it, eh? No QOTD, but we got the freak show.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM

You have the bullet points..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Well, as I said previously, I seem to remember you being a reasonable guy. So, I’ll take your word for it that it was intentionally racist. Of course the guy should get banned for that.

Still…I maintain that it’s better to have the racists openly racist (where we can ridicule them) than to sweep it under the carpet.

The left will say this site is racist, etc., no matter what is posted here. (We’re automatic racists because we don’t like Obama.)

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I am of the opinion there is no crying in politics. I can’t respect a man who cries when talking about politics. If he was choking up about a family member’s death or something I could understand that but that’s not what he’s doing.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Yep, we have a new Obsessor. csdeven has abdicated his title to the writer of poems and stalkee of HA…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

( S i g h ) Very well.

I promise to cease with trying to curry your respect.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

What I don’t understand about the Obama team is why they didn’t try to make Beck the “leader” of the GOP rather than Rush. I think that’s a potential gold mine b/c let’s face it, Rush knows what he’s doing and he isn’t going to start crying. Not so much with Beck. It’s hard to make Rush out as crazy, not so much with Beck.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I’m don’t hate Beck or his listeners.

I just don’t get the crying thing while talking politics.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM

cdseven! 24/7, baby! Abdicate! Grammy! Eleventy!!!1!11!!!

I promise to cease with trying to curry your respect.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I don’t know why you tried in the first place. Dr T is a freaking nutball, to say the least.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM

In what way am I a nutball?

These losers like Lanceman always make these accusations but they never elaborate. I’ll win any debate with you on any topic but you don’t want to talk, just insult. It’s time to be a man, brother. You are a small boy on here.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

This coming from a guy who thinks Catholics are characterized by pedophilia.
unclesmrgol on March 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

A lie and a deliberate misrepresentation of my views. I’M a freaking Catholic. And I’ve only ever stated repeatedly and clearly my opinion that Catholic Bishops who covered up decades worth of child rape, kept the offending priest on the job just moving them around, and let them stay around their congregants children have no moral high ground from which to complain and go on about their “religious priciples” being compromised on issues of sex and reproeuction(i.e. contraception). A valid point to make no matter how much weight you may give to it or not.

Comparing an acknowledgement the FACT that the Catholic church and indeed some of the Bishops who are taking a public stand on this issue were directly involved with concealing child rape and keeping the offenders on the jobs, against requests from the Vatican even in some cases, with posters being outright and openly rascist for no reason at all(is there ever one?)on the other hand is not valid.

Acknowledging what the Catholic church has done and factoring it into my opinions, and calling someone a n***** openly aren’t in the same ballpark at all, it’s not even the same sport.

So how about you not be upset with me and come off as sympathizing with rascists?

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Here is a salute to St. Paddy’s Day..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I lost you in all the “renege” talk.

I’m not Irish in the least (does Polish count–they both have ish-es?), but here’s my salute to St. Paddy!

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Glenn’s radio broadcasts are much less a one-man show than Rush’s.

Also, Rush still has the biggest audience, and as such is still considered to be their biggest enemy.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

1. Beck didn’t call Fluke a slut;

2. They certainly did characterize Beck as the GOP leader in 2010.

So, rest assured, if Beck says something at the right time & place (or wrong time & place depending on your perspective) & it is politically advantageous for Obama to claim Beck is the head of the GOP, he most certainly will.

Dark Star on March 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

If it’s nutty to be curious as to why a man starts crying when talking about politics, I super nutty in that regard.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Rush didn’t call Fluke a slut, he called her a liar. He mocked her claims of spending 3000 a year on birth control so obviously he didn’t believe she was a slut.

Beck said Obama didn’t like the white culture which wasn’t particularly helpful.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Reality is Obama knows Beck is small time.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply come to the logical conclusion that you are not sane.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I appreciate that, genuinely. It was clear and intentional, using a known slogan that’s been showing up on bumper stickers recently that there are no ifs, ands, or buts about.

I think the idea of allowing them to just be open so they can instead be ridiculed is a fine idea.

Problem is, until I said something and a few responded to MY posting, no one was ridiculing it and the ones who responded to the original post were either giving the poster the benefit of the doubt or openly endorsing it and finding it humorous.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Based on what? You are so logical but you can’t seem to walk me through your logic. You need to learn how to communicate, guy.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

If I call somebody nutty, I can list reasons for it. You don’t have to beat it out of me.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Think this can go on for another 16 or so hours?…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

You’re no worse than I am. Are you maybe autistic, too?

Those kind of people wonder about EVERYTHING. And anything that doesn’t make sense becomes a “puzzle” that MUST be solved before going any further.
Believe me, I KNOW.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Like I said, these cyperpunks like LanceMan and John the Control Freak are big on insulting me but when I challenge them, they don’t have anything to say of substance. If you are going to insult another man, at least be man enough to elaborate and engage a bit when they challenge you on it. I think it’s absolutely callow to behave like Lanceman does.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Parsing words doesn’t change anything — Rush said something at the “right” time & place that Obama could jump on & use to demonize the GOP, which was my point — a point I believe you understood despite your pretense acting as transcriptionist for Rush.

Dark Star on March 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM

You’re no worse than I am. Are you maybe autistic, too?

Believe me, I KNOW.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I’m def. not autistic. I’m skeptical you are.

I think it would kind of weird if you didn’t think it was weird that Beck cries while talking about politics. That’s called being logical, it’s not an indicator of autism.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Think this can go on for another 16 or so hours?…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

It’s time to starve the troll of attention. It seems to crave it. Non-engagement policy now in place.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM

No problem at all with the Polish..:)

PS..Thumbs up to the tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Think this can go on for another 16 or so hours?…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Heh. Yeaaah.

But I still think Dr. T & the Women is AnninCA’s bretheren.

Anyhoo, dis ain’t no fun w/o cyncrook & Mrs. Munford. Hawgs, RedCow, Dire Crookeds, and the resta you jokers I ain’t known long enuff to call my buddies, I’m gonna split. Maybe tomorra will be more funner.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Well, that sucks.

We do have a precarious position as non-liberals. We constantly get the racist label, when the democrats have done more to hurt blacks (throughout the history of this country) in a single year than the GOP has ever done.

Look at Obama’s cancelling of the voucher program in DC.

Yet, the racist label is slapped on us. It’s a corrupt media and left-wing schools, I guess, that does it.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Oh–I forgot–Thanks for informing me.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

John the Control Freak, I don’t want your attention. ALl I ask is you stop personallyh attacking me all the time on here. I don’t know why I’m in your crosshairs but why don’t you give talking about the thread topic a shot for once? You rarely say anything on here but to attack me. I don’t understand that, but I want to. What are you so angry about? What have I done to you?

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I think it’s absolutely callow to behave like Lanceman does.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I’m drunk. What’s your excuse?

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I love this guy, he’s the biggest coward in the world. He’s loves runnning off at the mouth with his insults but when challenged on it, he can’t elaborate and he splits.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Oops. Forgot a coupla my buddies. John the Control Freak, Dork Star, later.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Did Ms Fluke speak in reference to herself, when she was addressing the Press Conference? (mistakenly called a Congressional hearing)

If she was, then slut fit the description.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I’m drunk. What’s your excuse?

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I don’t think you are drunk, pal. If so, you are the type that gets angry when you drink and thus probably shouldn’t drink.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Heh. Ladyingray calls me a coward on facebook.

Really outta here now.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Well, that sucks.
Look at Obama’s cancelling of the voucher program in DC.
RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Agreed, I guess that’s why I feel that when it DOES show up on our side, it should be stopped into the ground and vehemently pushed back against or else we just help give them the ammunition cause you’re right, they’re going to call us rascist no matter what, you give them clear examples of it on top of it, it only serves to reinforce their false narrative.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Think this can go on for another 16 or so hours?…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

LOL!

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Here’s how I feel about this thread, in a nutshell.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Me? Angry? Not even hardly. I just like screwin’ with tardoes.
Night, Dr. T.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Really outta here now.

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Ok man you sober up.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Lanceman on March 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

See ya, Lance.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Yeah, for me. One hundred days sober.(not consecutively).

carbon_footprint on March 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Here’s the bumper sticker in the news that I believe the offending poster was referencing.
Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

That’s exactly what it was.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I think they spend an inordinate amount of time policing these threads with very little credit or thanks. I’m sure they have tidied up one or two of my own emotional spills from time to time. I’m sad to see Madison let go from the Green Room but his last essay could not be described as part of civil discourse. Anyway we do appreciate thoughtful editing.

lexhamfox on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I haven’t split.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

In our current human condition, logic is not an ‘absolute’.

What is logical to one person, is totally illogical to another. And vice-verse.

Most of our conflicts with other people in our everyday walk of life, are caused by “conflicting logic”.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Nice tune..very nice..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Hey Lady!
(woof.)
Thanks for that link.
That’s absolutely repulsive for someone to make that.
I’m surprised I hadn’t seen it before. (I’ve been on a little “news sabbatical, lately–maybe that’s why.)
I expect the liberal media to show that on most newscasts between now and election day.

Alas.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Folks, I have to “bug out”.

But as it has evolved, this discussion can go on FOREVER.
And there’s nothing wrong with that.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Yeah, for me. One hundred days sober.(not consecutively).

carbon_footprint on March 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Lol.

Me–I quit drinkin’ yesterday…right after the bouncer threw me out!

(Ba-dum-bump!)

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

carbon_footprint on March 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Where have you been??!!??..:)

PS..Great to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

In our current human condition, logic is not an ‘absolute’.

What is logical to one person, is totally illogical to another. And vice-verse.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Well i think trying to normalize eccentric behavoir, like crying when talking about politics, is illogical. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Ever seen this one?

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

lexhamfox on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

And that’s what sad. I love this site. I come here more than any other news aggregation site anywhere else on the web period, daily, repeatedly checking for the new stories as they come out.

It’s a great site and they shouldn’t have to spend their time babysitting threads and comments posted by ADULTS. But alas, so it is, so good on them for being there and responsible on the thankless job.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Down goes Duke. Down goes Notre Dame. Down goes Missouri…St. Bonny was robbed

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Down goes Duke. Down goes Notre Dame. Down goes Missouri…St. Bonny was robbed

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Everybody’s brackets shot to hell. Ha!

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Ever seen this one?

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Sooie…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Goodnight all.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

The problem with moderating threads is there is always a group of people on every political comment board whose whole objective in being on the comment board is to see peole get banned. They gang up on people they don’t like for whatever silly reason and try to get them banned.

I think it’s sad that these people are basically living to see people get banned from a political comment board.

Dr. Tesla on March 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

listens2glenn on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Hmmm.

I absolutely don’t want to “inject” myself into the ongoing circus that is the argument in this thread, but I don’t think that makes any sense.

Logic is logic, just as truth is truth.

If one calls one’s illogical reasoning “logical”, it doesn’t make it so any more than if one calls one’s cat a “dog”.

(Logical?)
(Lol.)

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Night, man.
Thanks again for the heads-up.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Down goes Duke. Down goes Notre Dame. Down goes Missouri…St. Bonny was robbed

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Lol.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:06 AM

That’s exactly what it was.

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Yeppers, and thanks for being an honorable man for Hot Air, and civil discourse. After all, there are black Conservatives/Libertarians/Right-of-center types who enjoy it here as well. *wink*

Thanks for that link.
That’s absolutely repulsive for someone to make that.

Alas.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Alas, indeed. But people being people, some folks are going to f-up every now and again. Thank goodness the overwhelming majority of us are the epitome of coolness!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 17, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Everybody’s brackets shot to hell. Ha!

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Some gurl — like LCV — will be winning a pool near you…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Yes..That is pretty much a classicand an excellent choice I might add..:)

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

lexhamfox on March 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

It’s the reason I love this site. Free Republic, Fox Nation, Ace of Spades — I’ve seen some brutal stuff on those sites.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

It’s because it’s the interwebs, and you can’t punch somebody in the mouth on the interwebs.

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Some gurl — like LCV — will be winning a pool near you…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Toodles! I was almost expecting the target to be you-know-who…

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Boomer_Sooner on March 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

You also can’t assume everyone posting here is an adult, either. In fact, I’ve seen plenty I’d totally card if I could.

Dark Star on March 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM

That is pretty much a classic

Dire Straits on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Speaking of classics

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2012 at 3:12 AM

RedCrow on March 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Al Gore’s invention proves the adage, sense isn’t common…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Gohawgs on March 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Hahahaaaa! And sooner than you think. I half expected the ol’ gal to forget the whole “Up and downrange” drill, spin around and blast the cameraman.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 17, 2012 at 3:13 AM