America rejoices: Lehigh 75, Duke 70; Update: Video added

posted at 9:56 pm on March 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

We don’t usually post on the tourney but we do usually post when an evil tyrant is deposed. Evil tyrant status: Deposed.

It was touch and go down the stretch, to the point where I had a “Duke-hating blogger has heart ripped out of chest” headline all ready to go for when some Dukie inevitably hit a game-winning three at the buzzer. Two 15 seeds over 2 seeds in the same day was too much to ask, especially when one of them was the Durham Death Star. But Lehigh Skywalker blew it up. Dude, they blew it up.

I’ll post video highlights when they’re available. While we wait, you can watch the recap of Norfolk State knocking off Missouri (how did they let Pressey get off that good of a shot at the end?). As for me, I’m ready to unleash the ‘bot.

Update: ESPN had 6.45 million brackets submitted this year. As of 20 minutes ago, with the first round not quite yet over, not a single one was still perfect.

Update: As promised, the Lehigh/Duke highlights. Biggest first-round upset in tourney history.

Robot libido by sabotage

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Are you serious AP? Humpbot? Ugh. You are insufferable. IN.SUFFERABLE.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I would like to propose that Syracuse should’ve been on a plane home yesterday. Three veeeery, questionable calls that clearly decided the game. (the third one they don’t mention is the goal tending)

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I think the Big 10 is pretty overrated outside of Ohio State.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yeah. Until you consider Michigan State played literally the toughest schedule in the nation this year, and is still sitting on a #1 seed.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

In my book UNC is the evil tyrant not Duke.

zerostar33 on March 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

UNC is home to the Emperor; Duke is home to Vader

You still CHEER when the Death Star gets blowed up!!!

NCSU alum and subversive participant in co-opting UNC bumper sticker that read:

Honk if y’alls from Carolina. Moo if y’alls from State.

We bought them & moo’d them preppies till they were deaf.

PolAgnostic on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook!

Not.

predator on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Nah my perception is Tom Izzo has a lot of buddies out there and that helps when it comes time to seeding. They are a #1 seed over Kansas, Ohio State, even Florida STate who beat UNC and Duke twice? I don’t think so;.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hoo hoo hoo HOOOSIERS! :-)

catwrangler on March 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

As a Purdue fan, I can only say:

Who who who WHOS YOUR DADDY!!

Bitter Clinger on March 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Are you serious AP? Humpbot? Ugh. You are insufferable. IN.SUFFERABLE.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Indeed. It seemed like the Humpbot was in hibernation from 2006-2010 (when he came out in celebration of winning back the House), and now AP brings him out just to rub in his joy that Duke lost a NCAA Tournament basketball game?

You’d think that AP was a UK or UCONN fan or something.

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

It’s not me who’s making the claim. MSU played literally the toughest schedule in the country.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Calm down GG.

Gophers suck.

They always suck.

Bruno Strozek on March 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yeah I can say they suck – but no one else can.

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

…Ralph Sampson III was good…and they do have a good young team…and won’t be easy as they mature…but the whole Big Ten is getting better and better!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Yeah if you consider all those ranked Big 10 teams as good as they are they are ranked. I don’t. Ohio State is the only team out of the Big 10 who has a shot at the title. That’s why I have them winning the title. B/c I know basketball. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I don’t think so;.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

…that’s right!…You don’t think!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

If we can get Mbawke back for a sixth year and these young guys can go deep in the NIT, we should be pretty good next year.

Of course this team is cursed so I never know what to expect.

I love Big Ten basketball – nothing like it in the world.

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

FSU had some bad losses. Great wins, but bad losses. #3 seed is okay for them. M State is a good #1 given the overall field. Players leaving early really has hurt quality of play, but has helped mid majors.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Honk if y’alls from Carolina. Moo if y’alls from State.

We bought them & moo’d them preppies till they were deaf.

PolAgnostic on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

The TV announcers acted like Greensboro, NC was a home court for Duke. It’s not. Did you see how many people were wearing Carolina blue clothing, but waving brown “Go Lehigh!” signs? There were more people there cheering for Lehigh than for Duke. It’s like playing in the Dean Dome at UNC. Far from a home game. And that is no excuse for losing the game. I’m just saying that the announcers were way off base to act like that was a home court for Duke.

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Now, does Allahpundit have his clown nose on or off when he posts the humpbot video? Does his arguments on more favorable ground than Rush come before or after he posts the humpbot videos. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

predator on March 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Thank, I don’t know how I missed that.

Cindy Munford on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Anybody who questions His Majesty should be banned.

MadisonConservative on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

….but as you/we all know…the good Dr. knows better than anybody!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

A missouri lost isn’t a big shock, they are not a established bball program.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Really? You’re seriously going to troll a basketball thread.

Bunsin2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

predator on March 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Thank, I don’t know how I missed that.

Cindy Munford on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My pleasure. I live to serve. *winks*

predator on March 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Really? You’re seriously going to troll a basketball thread.

Bunsin2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

How is that trolling? They go through basketball coaches like that Fluke girl goes through birth control.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You’d think that AP was a UK or UCONN fan or something.
ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I believe his team is Syracuse. He loathes Duke. Loathes. Goes back to early 90s with Laettner. Seems he’d like Hurley though. How can you not like Bobby Hurley??!

AP has the keys to the place, so he can post his Duke hate.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Its amazing how hating Duke unites everyone. I posted about this on my Facebook page and had tons of likes from both liberal and conservative friends.

constitutionalconservative on March 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Kansas is really the only title contender program in the Big 12 at this point. Texas should be but Rick barnes doesn’t get it done.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Those Duke teams with Latterner and Grant Hill and Hurley were awesome. You don’t see teams like that anymore.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

No. Dukehaters rejoice. Many Americans appreciate a school that wins (usually) with class and without cheating. That is Duke.

Congrats to Lehigh.

But it’s bad enough that you love the Stealers. Now this. And you’re proud of it. Geez.

WannabeAnglican on March 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

….but as you/we all know…the good Dr. knows better than anybody!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I mean, that’s why he’s a doctor, right?

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

How can you not like Bobby Hurley??!

AP has the keys to the place, so he can post his Duke hate.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

OK, I have to confess a little appreciation for BH. He’s a Thoroughbred guy, and I loves me some horse racing, so…

predator on March 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Duke use to have a kid on their team that cheated on tests. Big goofy white kid who played center…we used to chant “Cheater” everytime he came to Clemson and he missed a wide open layup that would have won it for them one year.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

People get too emotional over sports. These are kids in my view. Win or lose a game, what do I care, long as I’m entertained.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I think it’s tough for Duke to brag too much about how awesome their school is after their disgraceful conduct in that lacrosse rape lie.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

In my book UNC is the evil tyrant not Duke.

zerostar33 on March 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

As an ACC, I think Duke is the root of all evil. They are thugs, their fans are obnoxious, and their cheerleaders look like soccer moms even they are only 20.

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Win or lose a game, what do I care, long as I’m entertained.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Unless the topic at hand is who played the toughest schedule in the nation. Then, regardless of what the actual experts who collect actual paychecks for their case-specific knowledge, you remind everyone that you know better.

Because you’re not emotional, and only looking to be entertained.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Yep, that’s how things are … if the other team is not one of the teams from the Triangle:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

However, if the two teams on the floor are from the Triangle and any fans from the third team are in the stands:

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

and you boo and razz both teams on the floor.

PolAgnostic on March 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Wow… Pigs fly.

This, times a million.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I think Coach K is by far the best coach in college bball. Roy Williams seems like a smarmy guy.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

@predator–

I can understand the Laettner dislike. He was obnoxious. But Hurley? He was soooooo good. ESPN did a documentary recently on his dad’s high school in Jersey. What’s not to like?

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Does anyone really think that Lehigh, with the record they had, and C.J. McCollum being one of only 5 players in the country with over 2,000 points (and the only one of those 5 who is a junior, not a senior), should have been a #15 seed in the tournament?

After this game tonight, both Duke and Lehigh have the same record (27-7).

I give Lehigh (and specifically C.J. McCollum) credit for their win.

I just think they are not your typical #15 seed. I think they will make at least the sweet 16, perhaps even the elite 8, but I don’t think they will beat Kentucky.

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who is the center, Dr. Tesla? Who? I don’t believe your lie.

WannabeAnglican on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I like Duke’s basketball program, but I don’t like Duke the school. Most people are not mature enough to do this. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Last name was Newton. Don’t question me or my memory, you’ll be on the losing end every time.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Most people are not mature enough to do this. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

We’re so grateful you’ve deigned to flatter us with your presence, oh mature one.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Allahpundit is a sore winner?

Dayum.

hillbillyjim on March 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I love Big Ten basketball – nothing like it in the world.

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

A little prayer for another underdog, Murray State, who made it out of the first round and plays Marquette tomorrow. I have a good friend who teaches there.

JPeterman on March 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Those Duke teams with Latterner and Grant Hill and Hurley were thugsawesome.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

FIFY

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Wow… Pigs fly.

This, times a million.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Then there’s always this.

predator on March 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Apparently my state of VA is home to the mid-major giant killers. Just in the last decade or so, Hampton, George Mason, VCU, and now Norfolk State (and Richmond before then). Of course, we won’t talk about UVA…ahem.

How is Lehigh over Duke, though, the biggest first round upset ever? I hate the blue devils just as much as everybody else, but Norfolk State had a lower chance at advancing than Lehigh did.

Anyway, love the madness…shook up what had been a boring tournament.

changer1701 on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Pretty dang awesome. I hate Duke. And Lehigh is in my hometown so bonus points for that!

NoLeftTurn on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Tesla has jumped the shark. Turn out the lights. L8r.

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You don’t have to hate me simply b/c I don’t think Michigan State deserved a #1 seed. No way they are better than Kansas or Ohio State.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Their cheerleaders were obnoxious thugs back in our day.

Guess they raised their standards

PolAgnostic on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

And Duke suspended Newton, Dr. Tesla. That is reason to credit Duke, not slander them.

WannabeAnglican on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Grant Hill and Latterner and Hurly were thugs? Hah! Never heard that one before. Did Jalen Rose tlel you that in that silly ESPN thing?

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yep. Best thing that ever came out of Duke. Bobby Hurley. *I guess I shouldn’t refer to him as a thing, but he would understand.*

predator on March 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

WannabeAnglican on March 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Puhlease. Between Coach K encouraging his players to flop and throw punches….
Dirtiest team is more like it.

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You make a mistake in assigning an emotional response to my comments.

And unfortunately for you, the tournament is going to have to play itself out before we can say who is or is not better than Kansas or OSU.

Washington Nearsider on March 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

….hey condom conosur…there’s a new contraceptive thread above this one…go’ bracket’ your know-it-all ba11s there!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

WannabeAnglican on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Well, they suppsened him for a few games but he was back b/c I remember screaming “Cheater” for like 2 hours at the game in which he missed a wide open layup on a fast break that would have won the game for them at Clemson. Everytime that guy touched the ball we were screaming Cheater. That was probably the most fun I ever had. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Nothing beats watching Duke choke in the tournament, except watching UNC choke. Especially when you live in the Lehigh Valley!

rockmom on March 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Don’t hate me b/c I know college basketball and I picked UConn to win it all last year and cashed in.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It’s the hap-happiest season of all!

!!!!!!!!GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!

hoosierma on March 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It’s hard to say Duke choked if they scored 70 points. It looks like Lehigh was probably much much better than the 15th seed they got.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

You’d think Leheigh blew out Duke, it was a 5 point win which probably was some free throws there at the end. Let’s not make them world beaters yet.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Perhaps but it is pretty clear Duke had no business being a number 2 seed this year.

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

If women with big boobs can work at Hooters why can’t one legged women work at Ihop?

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

…MSU beats Ohio State 2 out of 3 times, breaks OSU’s 39 game home win streak…and loses the one game with a last second shot….but “No way they are better…”
Do you sleep with lobotomy4life or something?

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

In my book UNC is the evil tyrant not Duke.

zerostar33 on March 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

UNC is home to the Emperor; Duke is home to Vader

You still CHEER when the Death Star gets blowed up!!!

NCSU alum and subversive participant in co-opting UNC bumper sticker that read:

Honk if y’alls from Carolina. Moo if y’alls from State.

We bought them & moo’d them preppies till they were deaf.

PolAgnostic on March 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I guess I can be happy in knowing that The One is a UNC fan and not a Duke fan.

zerostar33 on March 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Obama’s a UNC fan b/c more North Carolina residents went to UNC than Duke, and it’s a political thing with NC ostensibly being a swing state. Plus Michael Jordan played there so they are a top bandwagon school for a lot of people. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Yes, I hear he has a degree in college bball as well. If fact given his awesome running skills he was one of the first men in college to ever do a breakaway, you know back in 1779. If it wasn’t for the arthritis (was that RA or OA you didn’t specify?) he would have been the number one pick for the NBA draft I’m sure.

Bunsin2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

The only thing I dislike about this is my Kentucky Wildcats won’t get to take them out 20 years after Dook defeated my favorite Kentucky team of all time, 1992.

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

If you say so, they had like 5 losts on the year prior to this one. That’s a #2 seed in my book.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

YES! Laettner especially. Go google Laetner and stomping…He was notorious for stepping hard on player who had fallen down. The good think is that he;s in a heap of legal problems for shadey real estate dealings last decade.

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Grant Hill and Latterner and Hurly were thugs? Hah! Never heard that one before. Did Jalen Rose tell you that in that silly ESPN thing?

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Grant Hill’s response to Jalen Rose was absolutely classic!

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

GO WILDCATS!!

C
A
T
S

Cats! Cats! Cats!

#8 is coming baby!

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Grant Hill’s response to Jalen Rose was absolutely classic!

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I thought Hill was a little sensitive and I lost some respect for him when I found out he majored in African American Studies. Just seems like a joke major and he seems smarter than that.

But it’s true, those bi-atches at Duke never lost to the Fave Fab.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

VERY proud Lehigh alumni here!!! Down goes the Death Star! Thanks AP for posting here!

bfinstock79 on March 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Jalen Rose never won a title in the NBA either. Always an overrated player. But I do admire his trash talking skills.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Duke had no business being a number 2 seed this year.

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Amen to that. ACC was down this year.

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Is Lehigh a 4 year vocational school?

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ah, Big Sports – the domain of the drooling, ranting, beer-swilling, bracket-filling-when-they-should-be-doing-their-da*n-jobs, knuckle-dragging, la-z-boy-living, face-painting, oversize-jersey-wearing illiterati.

And I feel I am being kind here.

AttaBoyLuther on March 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Everybody always says the ACC is down but then again their schools don’t have eto play Duke and UNC every year.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

UGLY soccermoms too. Sandra Fluke is more attractive and feminine than the typical Dook cheerleader.

probably gets more too.

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

What is the head to head record this year between Michigan State and Ohio State?

Waiting……

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

GO WILDCATS!!

C
A
T
S

Cats! Cats! Cats!

#8 is coming baby!

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

And I am there with you and hoping for a little good luck for Murray State too.

JPeterman on March 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

And I feel I am being kind here.

AttaBoyLuther on March 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I yam what I yam

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I think most Clemson fans would rather play Michigan State and Indiana every year over Duke and UNC. B/c Duke and UNC are much better.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yes, as a Lehigh graduate and knowing the league they play in, they were definitely a 15 seed. To give you perspective these teams are in the Patriot League:

» American
» Army
» Bucknell
» Colgate
» Holy Cross
» Lafayette
» Lehigh
» Navy

Not exactly D 1 schools in strength of schedule. I can’t remember( or find ) the last time ANY of them made a 64 game tourney, if ever. Their SOS was also mid~strength, low RPI and lower poll ratings with the toughest team they played being Michigan State on a loss by nine points.

But there will always be some statistical aberrations in these tournaments. Think of Princeton, Butler, etc…consistently beating the odds as deviants from the norm. Really, you only need two exceptional players to be a very good team, the rest however must have the will to play “up”.

Let’s face it, Lehigh played a very good defensive game, took away Duke’s perimeter and was better in the transition game with 17 points. They established that tone early and never let up.

McCollum for Lehigh is the fifth highest scoring player in the country. He’ll definitely be a pro draft choice. The rest of the team played well around him. But let’s face it, McCollum was almost 50 % of the offense. Good in early rounds , tougher to win like this later.

DevilsPrinciple on March 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

On one hand, I like Lehigh because I have a couple of books by a professor there, Dr. Micheal Behe. On the other hand, I like Duke because my cousin went there.

Then I remembered: It’s only college basketball, who cares?

Johnny 100 Pesos on March 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Waiting……

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Fluke wins. OSU has more talent. I’m a guy, I know some things about sports. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I can’t name one guy on MSU’s team. I can’t recall not being able to do that with a team given a #1 seed.

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I was in Lexington last year and saw a woman wearing a T-shirt (again, this is in 2011) that said:

I still hate Laettner!

LOL

What’s interesting to me is that Christian Laettner defeated UCONN in 1990 in much the same way that he defeated UK in 1992.. with a buzzer-beater shot with 2.something seconds on the clock, to win a spot in the Final Four, but the UCONN fans don’t seem as fixated on that as the UK fans are.

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Kentucky (in the SEC) plays UNC every year, home and home. The Dookies won’t come to Rupp.

wildcat72 on March 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Re MSU: Tom Izzo is the best coach in the game.

Deafdog on March 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Is Lehigh a 4 year vocational school?

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

You could call it that. It’s one of the best engineering schools in the country, so graduates do get jobs.

I still don’t get the idiotic nickname change though. What the hell is a “Mountain Hawk”. “Engineers” was way better.

forest on March 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM

JPeterman on March 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

…may not need a prayer JP …watched that game…depends on how they match up…but they aren’t there because of politics.

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM

But you are a guy – I thought you were supposed to “know” sports.

gophergirl on March 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

but the UCONN fans don’t seem as fixated on that as the UK fans are.

ITguy on March 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Every CBS intro for tournament highlights the Laettner shot – the shot to beat UCONN is not shown. 50 years from now CBS will still play it.
Easy to forget about something that is not brought back from the archives every season afterwards.

Bradky on March 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Izzo doesn’t believe in actually shooting skill.

His teams are generally athletic but can’t shoot at all. Why he he has won many titles despite generous #1 seeds. :)

Dr. Tesla on March 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM