Here we go: Full-length Obama campaign documentary debuts

posted at 9:30 pm on March 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

The official title: “The Road We’ve Traveled.” My title: Three Years of Glory.

It’s all here. Protracted high unemployment, a catastrophic health-care boondoggle, aimlessness in Afghanistan, Iran nearing nuclear breakout capacity, soaring gas prices, and of course historic deficits on top of a looming entitlements-driven fiscal meltdown. Narrated by Tom Hanks and directed by a guy who can’t find a single fault with Obama even though he also directed “Waiting for Superman,” a movie about unions and their political cronies ruining education for kids. Ahem.

Pop some popcorn and settle in. It’s magic time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Triumph of the Swill.

profitsbeard on March 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Pop some popcorn and settle in.

Popcorn? This is what you’ll need to get through this piece of work.

smellthecoffee on March 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

The left might even pause their late-term abortion, greatest-hits, home videos to watch this.

ClassicCon on March 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

If ever America needed a late term abortion, it’s now.

Western_Civ on March 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Tear to my eye…He needs to be made president for life.

Looking at the realclear polls gives me so much hope for America

liberal4life on March 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You’re just fishing, right? Hope you don’t get any serious bites tonight.

jazzuscounty on March 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Triumph of the will anyone?

Conservative4ev on March 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

This guy also directed An Inconvenient Truth, for which the left adored him. Then he made Waiting For Superman and they hated him. This is his attempt at making up.

Missy on March 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Gripping! Hails the New York Times!
Breathtaking, Stammers Newsweek!
Oooh-ahhh, Squeals Barney Frank!

Over two-and-half snoriffic minutes of B Hussein Obortion sitting in the Situation Room with his fingers up his ass, “making the call” to snuff someone even more evil than him. I hear Oscar calling. And the envelope for best charade as an American and as a President…

Western_Civ on March 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Triumph of the Swill.

profitsbeard on March 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Good sh*t! LOL!

nottakingsides on March 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Tear to my eye…He needs to be made president for life.

liberal4life on March 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You kooky libs get everything backward. No doubt you meant he should be made to serve life for being president, right?

Western_Civ on March 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Gerri Willis totally took this thing to the wood shade and totally put it in its coffin

Conservative4ev on March 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

im not clicking to play that vid, are you high?

maineconservative on March 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Haven’t and won’t watch but read about it. Too bad they ran out of film before highlighting some of the more memorable things I remember about his presidency:

Occupy Wall Street and the union goons;
bowing;
mispronunciation of corpsmen;
gas prices;
Solyndra;
Fast and Furious;
Blago’s Pay to Play;
Tony Resko (though that was before his term);
TSA;
the beer summit;
the stimulus;
Daddy did you plug that hole yet?
Vacations, vacations, vacations;
the toast to the Queen;
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor;
Cash for clunkers;
Government motors;
Flying to Finland for the losing Chicago Olympics;
and on and on it goes

katablog.com on March 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I can’t even think about watching that … at least not while this moron is still president.

toby11 on March 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Anybody else mute or turn the channel when El Dopeo comes on?

stormridercx4 on March 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

The ultimate, official Obamaganda.

stukinIL4now on March 16, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Having a multi-millionare actor tell someone how perfect their leader is when they can look around at their lives and those of their family and friends and see joblessness, people losing homes, fear, businesses closing down, wars that seem to never end and gas prices shooting up is a mistake.

You can only sell human perfection in the abstract. We’ve had three years of concrete Obama, that trick won’t work anymore.

29Victor on March 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

It should be called “That Ship Has Sailed”

29Victor on March 16, 2012 at 2:37 AM

It’s 12:11am in Alaska and I just got home from work and there is no way I am clicking on this vid so now I will go back and read all of the comments. You all ROCK! God Bless America!!

tbear44 on March 16, 2012 at 4:16 AM

It looks like Mitt Romney will be the next president of the United States, doesn’t it?

Punchenko on March 16, 2012 at 5:01 AM

stormridercx4 on March 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

yes routinely since 2008. His cadence makes me want to hurt the cat.

screwauger on March 16, 2012 at 5:54 AM

America!!!! F@uck Yeah!

NTxOkie on March 16, 2012 at 6:21 AM

If I watched it, I would have to bleach my eyeballs afterwards.
Not going to go there ….. can’t stomach it.

pastselldate on March 16, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Tear to my eye…He needs to be made president for life.

Looking at the realclear polls gives me so much hope for America

liberal4life on March 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You have become a caricature. Too bad for Obama that the only people moved by this silly piece of tripe are you and your fellow empty-headed Obamazombies. Colossal waste of hard earned campaign dollars.

Dee2008 on March 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM

ABC Evening News gave the film a lovely shout out last night. We also learned about the dog in The Artist. But NOT ONE WORD to the true cost of Obamacare.

ABO 2012

herm2416 on March 16, 2012 at 7:16 AM

This is going to be mercilessly re-cut by right wing extremists with tea party sympathies.

CorporatePiggy on March 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I think the trout I ate last year is trying to swim upstream now.

Physics Geek on March 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM

If you watched this you’re a sucker.

libfreeordie on March 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Within a span of one week, with the release of “Game Change” and this silly documentary, I think Tom Hanks has done serious damage to his reputation. Amiable Forrest Gump on the outside but a nasty partisan on the inside. At least Sean Penn isn’t hiding behind a friendly facade.

Is Tom Hanks now in the pantheon of has-beens? Anyone planning on going to any of his movies?

EMD on March 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Goebbels would be proud.

Southgirl on March 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

He has such a nice smile. Let the tingling begin. Say, isn’t Hanks part of the 1%?

Kissmygrits on March 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

The comments on Youtube are creepier than the video…

mjbrooks3 on March 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM

The comments on Youtube are creepier than the video…

mjbrooks3 on March 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM

The comments are censored by the uploader. I just tried to make one…

voiceofreason on March 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Who are these people that are thanking the president for all of his hard work and think that he has done a good job? Those have to be Democratic staffers and David Axelrod.

How the worst President in American history still has people who approve of the job that he is doing is mind-blowing. Almost as mind-blowing at how ridiculous that propaganda video was.

milcus on March 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Tear to my eye…He needs to be made president for life.

liberal4life on March 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I think you meant “President for Death…..of America.”

NOMOBO on March 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

AP I don’t believe this thread is going to get much traction. I for one have to close my eyes or vomit at the mere sight of Mr. Obama and I refuse to torture myself for 17 minutes of his alleged glory. However, with this being said, if someone was brave enough to view this atrocity and cares to comment, I will be more than happy to read their opinion.

DDay on March 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Did you guys know he made the decision to go after Osama?

Oh, maybe that has already been mentioned.

Axion on March 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Two deranged morons

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 1

Your name says it all.

ultracon on March 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

“The Road We’ve Traveled”…into the ditch. We need to shift to (R) to back out onto the highway again, and put the D’s in the back seat.

Steve Z on March 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Gee, what a courageous leader! When the generals and the intelligence agencies came to him with the news that they had found Osama bin Laden, the thug-in-chief “bravely” said, “Well, I guess we should go after him, right?” That certainly took a lot more courage than responding, “Aw, leave the guy alone… he’s been through enough already!”

Really, how much courage does it take to decide to go after the bad guy the military has been looking for the last 10 years? Obama’s response was a choice between common sense and stupidity. He deserves praise for that?

Colony14 on March 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

You know, the RNC could take this footage, add a new soundtrack and have a real gem.

Some observations: I missed the scenes of the Commander-in-Chief among his cheering, adoring troops. You’d think they would have included some of that footage (what? you think there was none to be had?). I also missed the part about adding trillions to the debt and deficit, the devaluation of the currency and how our entitlement programs will self-destruct in the very near future. And how come they didn’t tell us how much GM still owes us and how much taxpayer shareholders are expected to lose on the deal? The film spends exactly five seconds talking about green energy–I thought that was one of the president’s signature issues. Surely his sterling record of investment in alternative energy is worth more than five seconds. And where was the footage showing how Obama fulfilled so many of his campaign promises, like closing Gitmo. So many missed opportunities. Also notable, we didn’t see much of Mrs. Obama, did we. Don’t think we heard her voice once.

This documentary is slickly produced but thin gruel indeed although, I suppose, if it can get just one tingle down Chrissie’s leg, it will have been worth it.

SukieTawdry on March 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM