Axelrod: I sure am disappointed that Romney didn’t criticize Rush more harshly

posted at 9:37 pm on March 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

So, to answer my own question from this afternoon — no, I guess we’re not quite done with this yet. And to repeat a point I made in that same post, for politicos and their apparatchiks, this “debate” is of course 99 percent about partisanship. When asked about Rush’s comments, Romney tersely said, “It’s not the language I would have used.” When asked about Maher this afternoon, though, he unloaded:

In an appearance on the Sean Hannity radio show, Romney said, “Frankly, what Bill Maher said, and I finally read the transcripts, I was offended, outraged that a person would say that on TV and would not have been called on the carpet before now and not apologized for it. To have the Obama campaign retain a million dollars from Bill Maher, it is simply outrageous. I don’t condone that kind of language and particularly in a public setting, a TV setting.… It’s just gone way beyond the pale.”

Romney did not stipulate which transcript he had reviewed, but Maher has used inappropriate language to attack conservative women, including Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee. Much of what he said is not publishable, but he did call Palin “a bully who sells patriotism like a pimp, and the leader of a strange family of inbred weirdos.”…

Romney and Obama have one thing in common, though. Both are calling for more civil discourse in politics. Romney told Hannity, “Republicans and Democrats disagree on issues, and we have differing viewpoints, but this level of outrageous and incendiary language has got to stop. We’re going to have to come together and deal with these deficits and take action to make America more competitive. This has just got to stop.”

Here’s Axelrod running through the checklist of Democratic talking points on Rush/Maher. Maher’s trying to be funny (not really), Palin’s a public figure (so am I, says Erin Burnett), Limbaugh controls the GOP as if it’s his own personal puppet show (four words: “Republican nominee John McCain”), blah blah blah. Earnest question: Has The One had any “Sistah Souljah moments” while in office of the sort Axelrod’s demanding of Romney here vis-a-vis Rush? He had a nice moment in his Tucson speech last year when, contra the left’s frenzy, he denied that political rhetoric had motivated Gabby Giffords’s attacker, but he didn’t call anyone out by name. His usual M.O. is to position himself above the fray by calling for civility while never quite taking anyone on his own side specifically to task, but there may be examples that I’ve forgotten. When he was pressed to criticize the “war on women” nonsense last week at his briefing, he said he didn’t want to act as arbiter of what is and isn’t rhetorically appropriate — even though he had done so just minutes earlier in talking about Limbaugh. His golden opportunity was of course his speech on race in 2008 after the Wright thing blew up, but the whole point of that was how he wouldn’t disown Wright any more than he’d disown his own grandmother notwithstanding how obnoxious their rhetoric might have been at times. David French’s read on O dating back to his time at Harvard Law is exactly right, I think. If he’s in a liberal milieu where cretins like Bill Ayers are “mainstream,” then he’s happy to gladhand them. No judgment, ever.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Whatever Herr Goebbels.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Democrats have to criticize each other for telling the truth, but Republicans don’t.

RBMN on March 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Axelrod: I sure am disappointed that Romney didn’t criticize Rush more harshly

I sure am disappointed that Axelrod didn’t criticize Maher at all.

itsnotaboutme on March 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

You misspelled Axelrat.

VorDaj on March 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Axelrod: I sure am disappointed………
Blah…Blah..

No need to go on further..

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

This is news? Why is Hot Gas still covering this crap?

RoadRunner on March 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Barack Obama, the Man of a Thousand Excuses.

It’s gone from ‘Yes we can” to ‘No we can’t”.

VorDaj on March 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I can stomach stuff like this, it proves I’m non insane or alone. It gives me comfort and confirms there is evil in this world.

Hog Wild on March 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Mitt Romney ORDERED the Sabotage and MEDIA HIT on Sarah Palin that Resulted in “Game Change”.

Mitt Romney ORDERED his Former Operatives from HIS LOSING Campaign – Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt to SABOTAGE the McCain Campaign and Especially SARAH PALIN after McCain Did NOT Pick Romney at The VP Nominee

He is a Liberal Executioner of Conservatives!

williamg on March 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Axel is a tool of the first order or Third Reich. Romney was right-on to condemn Maher for the vile sewage he spews.

Slainte on March 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Perfect name for this cranky see-through douchebag.

He looks like Snidely Whiplash’s loser brother-in-law.

profitsbeard on March 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I’m really disappointed Obama didn’t criticize Maher, or Schultz, or Matthews, or Rahm, or Axelrod himself.

Very, very disappointed.

I’m extremely disappointed Obama took one million dollars from the extreme misogynist Maher.

darwin on March 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Can we just call David Axelord by his shorter more appropriate name: Rat-faced Concern Troll?

shannon76 on March 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

What the **** is wrong with this country????

1) A women who takes money in exchange for sex is called a prostitute

2) A women who wants people to pay for sex that she wants to have with another person is worse then a prostitute

3) A women having the chutzpah to come to congress and without shame ask for number 2 is even worse then a slut

What happened to this country? Have we become a nation of losers? What the heck is wrong with calling a slut a slut? And why the heck does congress even have the time to listen to people asking for money to pay for their sex?

I am sorry for this outrage, But i am working all day and listening how the media (even the conservative ones) cannot let this issue go away, I am ashamed that this country has come to a point where being a slut is a women’s issue, but the guy who called the slut a slut is somehow the crazy one,

As for Axelrod, You are the type of Jew who helped the Nazis, And i pray to god that Romney should beat Obama just to get rid of your face on TV forever, And then you can join the Soros club of self hating Jews

/ Outrage released

OrthodoxJew on March 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Seems that Maher is getting as much, if not more covergae than Limbaugh.

darwin on March 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

So would that fat foul mouth drug addicted el rushbo return next year to give the CPAC keynote address for the 1000th time.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Garbage moping about trash.

Get lost you Machiavellian, Muenchhausean, Pinnochean and Orwellian swine, you and all the group you belong to.

Bigger thugs have never existed in all the world. Obama and Biden lied through their teeth today, dividing the land with every word.

Spontaneously combust every time you lie.

“You Lie” is the truest thing ever said about this administration.

The man, with so much misery in his home, should look after his family, not after destroying those of so many others.

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

There have been 1000+ CPACs?

Dayum, I missed a few. Got any youtube links to his speeches?

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Hey, paid shill — you dropped your same talking point in the psychic headline.

John the Libertarian on March 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’d say I was disappointed in axlerod, but that wouldn’t be true. There’s nothing this scumbag prostitute for socialism and completely corrupt politics can possibly do to disappoint me.

Except refrain from committing bodily harm to himself, of course.

Wolfmoon on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sandra Fluke’s sugadaddy

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

They like to call Rush the leader of the Repubs.

Lets start calling MAher the leader of the Dems. They both act like one another.

poppieseeds on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

RBMN on March 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Agreed. Should we eventually disagree, we may have to deal with our similarity of monikers ;)

RWNM on March 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

They both act like one another.

poppieseeds on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Not really.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The lefties are only liberal with themselves. Otherwise they are thugs.

NOTE: We have received numerous threats (some violent) from people who demand we take this flag down. Some of these people claim to be veterans who fought for our freedom. We doubt they are actually veterans as they now seek to suppress the freedom they claim to have fought for (freedom of speech).

For those who are concerned, this flag is not a violation of US or any other law as this is a design based on the US flag, not an actual US flag. We did not take a US flag and change it. Flags are emotional and you have the right to display the flag that represents your point of view. Truth is no one had bought one of these since 2009 – until this week.

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Axelrod defintely sounded like he was tap dancing, especially when she asked him about the million bucks.

darwin on March 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I am so sick of this, I could scream.

JPeterman on March 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Any CEO who allows politics to affect the sale of products s/b fired.

Boycott all who quit the show.

They are free to quit.

You are free to quit supporting them.

Service Magic home contractor

Quicken Loans

Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington

Cascades Dental

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services

Constant Contact email marketing firm

Philadelphia Orchestra

Reputation Rhino online reputation consulting firm

St. Vincent’s Medical Center

Cunningham Security

Regal Assets precious medal investment group

Freedom Debt Relief

Norway Savings Bank

Portland Ovations performing arts center

Stamps.com
These companies say their ads were mistakenly run during Limbaugh’s program and have contacted radio stations and media buyers to ensure their ads do not run during his program again.
JCPenney

Capital One

Goodwill

Geico

Sears

PolyCom web conferencing
The following companies said they did not intentionally have their ads run during Limbaugh’s show, but are also not specifically taking steps to remove the ads from his time slot.
John Deere

Bethesda Sedation Dentistry

Amberen menopause medication
Other news outlets have reported that the following companies have pulled their advertisements. ABC News is working to confirm.
Downeast Energy

Matrix Direct

Netflix

RSVP Discount Beverage (declined to comment to ABC whether they had pulled their ads)

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sandra Fluke’s sugadaddy

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

i’m just gonna come out & say it. He looks small in that green suit. By small you do know what I mean right?

poppieseeds on March 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Gotta hand to Axel – he’s good at throwing BULLSHIT!

GarandFan on March 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

When garbage opens it’s mouth garbage spews forth. Same with obama the commie, axelhole, maher, etc., and this left wing socialist progressive moron.

Wolfmoon on March 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Sandra Fluke’s sugadaddy

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

With tights like that…
No need for birth control.
He must have an inny.

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Allahpundit, the only way I see to kill this thing good and dead is… hold a limerick contest.

“An audacious old coed named Fluke…”

“A merry misogynist named Maher… ”

“A mustachioed politico named Axel… ” (hey, you try fitting “Axelrod” into anapestic or amphibrachic meter)

“A radio host named Rush Limbaugh…”

No one can remember the meme when there’s a limerick stuck in its place.

Besides, it’s almost impossible to render this nothing-burger scandal fittingly in heroic couplets or Miltonic blank verse. “Tell me, O Muse, of that fiery coed that did ascend the fabled Hill…” See what I mean?

Time to Reclaim the Culture… one limerick at a time.

de rigueur on March 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Erin Burnett: YUMMY.

angryed on March 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It is more insidious than simply not taking anyone on his own side to task. Obama’s surrogates/minions/paid bloggers/etc are encouraged with being uncivil (look at all the accusations of “racist” if you even fairly critique Obama on websites; look at the Palin is a C*nt t-shirts Obama supporters wore in 2008; look at the articles by Andrew Sullivan & Matt Taibbi — and nary a word from Obama). It is the culture they encourage. They did the same to Hillary Clinton too during the 2008 primary (Maher & Taibbi were just as bad about Hillary Clinton as they are about Palin) so, in fairness, it isn’t just against the Right, it is against anyone who is against Obama. But make no mistake, Obama not simply ignoring it from the Left, he is a part of it — the fish rots from the head.

Dark Star on March 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I am so sick of this, I could scream.

JPeterman on March 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I feel your pain, There are sometimes and lately it has become more often that i think this country is way beyond recovery,

Used to be a great country,

OrthodoxJew on March 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

They both act like one another.

poppieseeds on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Not really.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

you are right – the Dems are more disgusting.

poppieseeds on March 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Axelrod: I sure am disappointed that Romney didn’t criticize Rush more harshly walk into my trap and left me standing out here defending Bill Maher

Axelrod: Did I mention how I once suggested “Miss California” as a possible name for the Obamas’ dog? You know, after Carrie Prejean? It’s OK. I’m a comedian. Haw-Haw.

Resist We Much on March 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Poor Sandra Fluke (Fluck).

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I guess Romney has lost Axelrod’s vote. Darn. Who’s he going to support now?

azkag on March 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM

When is axlerod going to admit that he is only here to distract from the democrats war on liberty and prosperity?

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Well MATT Romney is certainly working on trying to improve the discourse. Here’s what he said in Hawaii earlier this week.

PappyD61 on March 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Sounds to me like Axelrod has lost his Drive Shaft and has a Cracked Block.

And he has 4 Flat Tires, and is Running on Empty.

Del Dolemonte on March 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Yeah – I’m disinclined to accept crap like this unless there is any proof or evidence.

Put up or Shut up

kjl291 on March 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Barack Obama, the Man of a Thousand Excuses.

It’s gone from ‘Yes we can” to ‘No we can’t” “Oh No *You* Can’t”.

VorDaj on March 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Speaks for itself.

BlaxPac on March 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Mitt Romney—”I’m a PROGRESSIVE”

Is he or is he just “severely Conservative”?

PappyD61 on March 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Sandra Fluke’s sugadaddy

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Something about thatsnazzy suit he’s wearing… And then it hit me. I mean, with a little padding or even goofier grin…

de rigueur on March 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Axel of evil.

the_nile on March 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hey Axelrod…

… Shove it up your a%%!

Seven Percent Solution on March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Used to be a great country,

OrthodoxJew on March 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I fought so hard to get here, only to watch it disintegrate right before my eyes.

I don’t think America can be fixed until she collapses.

JPeterman on March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Axelrod’s awfully good at looking…
concerned
Heh.
:\

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

“I’m not here to talk about President Obama. I think he is great. I’m here to talk about my dad and what he would bring to the country,” said Matt Romney.

PappyD61 on March 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Be sure to read all of the Comments at the link from the Resident O’bama Fluffers.

obama is the best choice for us all we all need some faith let him do his job he is a great leader….

He thinks the President is GREAT! Me, too!

I have faith in Barack Obama and I believe he is the right choice for the country. In November my vote is simple Obama/Biden 2012.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!

Del Dolemonte on March 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

“The economy…?

… Never heard of it.” – Axelrod

Seven Percent Solution on March 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Axelrod looks like a child molester. Then again, most Dems look and act like child molesters.

Sporty1946 on March 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Rush was being funny and Fluck is a public figure too. What else you got Axel? Pathetic, frankly Rush’s popularity may have increased and we have all seen Obama sink in the polls despite every effort to change the subject from his own failures.

Ellis on March 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Axelrod and democrats in general are pompous hypocritical bullies. The list of advertisers the Democrats are trying to put out of business…. I think they should check first and find out if they have family members working for them first, as it could have a negative impact or backlash they are not prepared for.

I am amazed… someone Offends another with words… shut them down, put them in jail… Yet they have no problem whatsoever at slicing and dicing up innocent developing babies in a woman’s womb, then handing us the bill.

ActinUpinTexas on March 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don’t think America can be fixed until she collapses.

JPeterman on March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

No, it can be fixed. We need leaders and people who will make necessary, tough, unpopular choices without regard to their political careers.

darwin on March 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Why is there a fanny lookiing at us with a shirt and tie on?

KOOLAID2 on March 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Limbaugh did behave stupidly. In the first place he never should have gone on the attack against this Fluke person, only making her famous. He should bring all guns to bear on Obama, not divert fire to some nobody, especially when it is just going to backfire on him and more to the point on conservatives. Then he compounded his error by calling her a slut and a prostitute instead of a freeloader. I vote he just keep his big yap shut until after the election as he is doing far more harm than good, except for Obama.

VorDaj on March 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I don’t think America can be fixed until she collapses.

JPeterman on March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

If you mean “collapse” like some ancien régime, no, it won’t be like that. Shaken to her core, perhaps, but this country has never shone more brightly than in her darkest hours, may it be so again. And blessed, fortunate you, this time you are here for the fight. Welcome to America.

de rigueur on March 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I`m citing him for animal cruelty. He keeps beating the dead horse.

ThePrez on March 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Barack Obama, the Man of a Thousand Excuses.
It’s gone from ‘Yes we can” to ‘No we can’t” “Oh No *You* Can’t”.
VorDaj on March 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Let’s not forget – “There are no silver bullets” !!!

FlaMurph on March 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Axelrod through his press connection, forced out Obama’s two toughest opponents, Hull and Ryan, by unsealing their divorce record,
one of his associates, Ethan Winner ran the astroturf campaign on Youtube, against Palin, accusing her of secessionism, among other events, One of those who attacked Cain, lived in his building, it’s kind of ironic, since he also has a special needs child, but business
is business,

narciso on March 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

A Black guy, an illegal alien, a Muslim and a Communist
walk into a bar.

The bartender asks,”What can I get you, Mr. President?”

Typicalwhitewoman on March 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

If Mitts does end up as the nominee, then I sure hope he’s 1000 times more severe when he unloads on Obutthead than he was when he unloaded on Maher.

stukinIL4now on March 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Axelrod: I sure am ain’t disappointed that Romney Obama didn’t criticize Rush more harshly Maher at all

Alternate thinking

Bitter Clinger on March 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

What a lamea55ed attempt at a pivot, Axelrod. THIS is the reason you ‘faced’ Bill Maher?, for the fingernail-width sliver of ‘moral high ground’ to preach this nonsense on air elsewhere. I hope Maher and other cretinous limo-Libs think that sort of garbage is worth a million dollars a pop.

/and not you’ve got Limbaugh all up in your Twitterverse. TOO.

rayra on March 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

if this guy shaved his mustache a bit, he could play adolf hitler in a movie. looks just like him.

maineconservative on March 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Dear Mr. Axelrod,
I am sincerely disappointed that President Obozo has not returned the money donated by Mr. Maher, the “comedian”, and frankly believe it has sullied the Office.

To me, that is much more important than some radio host. Obviously, you and I do not agree on this. I believe that is a reflection on YOU, and YOUR warped values.

KMC1 on March 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Sandra Fluke’s sugadaddy

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

So, it’s confirmed: Sandra Fluke is a lesbian.

Left Coast Right Mind on March 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

The only mistake Rush made is that he took his eye off the ball, he was distracted, as were we all.
Stay focused.
Breitbart is here.

kellyjane on March 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

de rigueur on March 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Thank you so much for that, it always feels good to get that welcome.

JPeterman on March 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

The bartender asks,”What can I get you, Mr. President?”

Typicalwhitewoman on March 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Lol. Good one.
Will you be here all week?

RedCrow on March 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

There was a longer version of that interview on Greta tonight. Axelrod is a very good liar but he still gives some pretty obvious tells when he gets uncomfortable and lies.

Fallon on March 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

And you are somehow intelligent? Is there any issue that you can debate here and prove Rush is wrong?

antisocial on March 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

PappyD61 on March 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM

He is worse than The Maverick we nominated last time.

antisocial on March 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Axelrod seems to think celebrities have a free pass to disparage/disrespect women at will, and that tells me its Dems/Liberals who are waging a war on women. Do they really think women are stupid? Because according to Axelrod women will need to start wearing labels to show if they are libs or conservatives, lol… oh wait, Maher called Hillary a t____ too! So it sure looks like its the dems who have a problem with women!!! And apparently they intend to continue disrespecting women at will, while at same time using them.

soapyjeans on March 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

C*nt.

minnesoter on March 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM

That’s pretty weak. THe Emperor’s top wizard looks like he’s running low on manna.

BoxHead1 on March 16, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Axe looks like a muppet.. Just sayin..

tbear44 on March 16, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Axelrod feeds his family by putting spin on things.
You and I do it, it’s called lying, And is wrong.
He does it and he has a lucrative political career.
I have no use for Mr. Axelrod.

Jabberwock on March 16, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Axlerod is responsible for giving us Obama as President.

Axlerod, who worked at the Chicago Tribune at the time was responsible for forcing Obama’s primary opponent out of the race because of a scandal.

After the IL primary election, he then went after the Republican nominee, Jack Ryan – former husband of actress Jerri Ryan (“7 of 9″) – by having fellow Democrat operatives at the Los Angeles Times (a subsidiary paper of the Tribune Corporation) get the Ryan’s sealed divorce documents unsealed, over the objections of both parties who had the records sealed to protect their children, given the celebrity of the Ryans.

Divorce proceedings are adversarial in nature with loads of he-said, she-said affidavits filed as weapons to be used against the other spouse as they jockey for advantage. The Ryan’s divorce was no different.

Axlerod then made sure the “privileged” information was leaked to the Chicago Tribune, which immediately published all the salacious details. Either Ryan or the Illinois Republican Party (doesn’t really matter, actually) made a calculation that this would result in a defeat for the Republican party in the Senate Race and Ryan withdrew his candidacy. This was the first stupid decision of the Stupid Party of Illinois.

In a move of even greater breath-taking stupidity, they nominated Alan Keyes to run for US Senator. The STUPID PARTY OF ILLINOIS thought they all they needed to hold the seat (formerly held by a Republican and before that by Carol Mosley-Braun (a black woman)) was to run a black man – any black man against this then unknown state senator who voted “present” every chance he could.

Keyes, not a resident of Illinois, not even known in Illinois, was clobbered by Obama, making Barack Obama the junior senator from Illinois.

And now you know why America is being schlupped on a daily basis by this Marxist and his progressive thugs.

And speaking about being schlupped, one of the sluts that claimed an affair with Herman Cain turns out to be a NEIGHBOR of Axelrod, living in the same condo building in Chicago.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE – or maybe not.

So, if there is a Svengali (or Svenghooli for you Chicago readers – you know what I mean) here, it is DAVID AXLEROD. A despicable man, an evil man, a man who makes Himmler look like a tasty cheeseball.

georgej on March 16, 2012 at 5:23 AM

That idiotic talking point … again?

Only grunts dig trenches. Leaders do not have beer summits.
Even Clark Kent knows that!

kregg on March 16, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Dear Axlerod- Screw you.

I’d love to see you and all your fellow leftists in orange jumpsuits.

I denounce myself!

gdonovan on March 16, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Romney is unprepared to give the only answer:

Why Mr. Axelrod,are you deliberately trying to prevent Obama’s failed economy and dangerous intrusion upon our liberty and freedom, from being seen by the voters, by deflecting the discussion onto a radio personality expressing free speech?

Don L on March 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM

David:

I’m deeply sorry. All of us live simply to not disappoint liberal hacks.

Screw you, strong letter to follow.

clippermiami on March 16, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I’d love to see you and all your fellow leftists in orange jumpsuits.
gdonovan on March 16, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Doesn’t it seem like Obama has collected a pretty high convicted felon crony list?
And he’s just into his fourth year.

kregg on March 16, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I had to expand my earlier point:

Axelrod demand Romney assault Rush:
Romney is unprepared to give the only right answer:
Why Mr. Axelrod, are you deliberately trying to prevent the serious issue of Obama’s failed economy and dangerous intrusion upon our liberty and freedom-and most egregiously, his open attacks the 1st and 2cd amendments to that very bill of rights that was written to protect the citizenry from such government wrong doing, or is Mexican gunrunning and Anti-Catholic demagoguery fine with you?
Isn’t it, true Mr. Axelrod that your transparent slur against me was just another typical cheap, Obama ordered, political attempt to prevent this reality from being realized by the voters, by your game of deflecting the discussion onto a non-elected radio personality expressing free speech?
Why not tell Obama to come out from behind that iron curtain and defend his deliberate failings to America, and perhaps this election, he might tell us his true intentions, instead of hiding behind all that self-aggrandizing messiah deceit.

Don L on March 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM

So in contrast, Axelrod’s proud of Obama for taking Maher’s money? Go away punk.

racquetballer on March 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

So Axelrod gets to determine who is the defacto leader of the GOP?

ctmom on March 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

And I’m sure disappointed that Obama is our President…

..so I would say I just one upped you Axeazz.

ToddPA on March 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM

The difference is Rush makes his own money. Maher is given a show by the liberal elite at HBO to be a gas bag for the liberal elite. Everyone who subscribes to HBO gets to pay maher’s salary and good luck finding ratings for the show. I’ve looked. BTW, HBO and CNN are owned by the same people. That should be no surprise.

aniptofar on March 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Hey Axlerod, we’re disappointed at Obama is such a miserable failure. And your comb-over is really disappointing too.

St Gaudens on March 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

According to Ax, Rush is back to being the leader of the R party instead of just being an entertainer on the radio. Rush should be in pretty good shape, running from one side of the spectrum to the other. Ax is a hack. I thought Mitt gave a very good answer to Sean. At least he didn’t call anybody ‘teabaggers’ like our dear leader until he looked at the other totus and read the civility message.

Kissmygrits on March 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Axel is tool for the Failed President, and a scumbag. He is the tailor who makes the empty suits for Ovommit. They are both a disgrace to Americans, along with the racist and criminal Holder.

Brushjumper on March 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

This morning Tom Blumer at NewsBusters disassembles Axel, brick by brick:

Del Dolemonte on March 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

When you accept the oppositions red herrings without even raising an eyebrow, you’ve lost. Republicans need a candidate willing to take the fight directly to Obama. Romney doesn’t have the stones.

RobertE on March 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM