Abortion advocate: I love abortion and I don’t want it to be “rare”

posted at 6:50 pm on March 15, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Talk about an all-out advocate for abortion. “Pro-choice activist” Jessica DelBalzo says it all in a new post for RH Reality Check (h/t LifeNews.com):

“I love abortion. I don’t accept it. I don’t view it as a necessary evil. I embrace it. I donate to abortion funds. I write about how important it is to make sure that every woman has access to safe, legal abortion services. I have bumper stickers and buttons and t-shirts proclaiming my support for reproductive freedom. I love abortion,” DelBalzo declares. …

As Delbalzo writes, “And I bristle every time a fellow activist uses a trendy catch-phrase or rallying cry meant to placate pro-lifers. The first of these, “Make abortion safe, legal, and rare!” has been used for decades as a call for abortion rights.”

“Safe and legal are concepts I fully support, but rare is something I cannot abide. I understand the theoretical mindset: it is better for a woman to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than to bear the physical and financial burden of an abortion. While my own abortion involved very little pain and a minimal financial expense, one which my ex-boyfriend was willing to share with me, even I can admit that using condoms or the pill is preferable to eight weeks of nausea and weight gain,” she writes. “However, there is no need to suggest that abortion be rare. To say so implies a value judgement [sic], promoting the idea that abortion is somehow distasteful or immoral and should be avoided. Even with affordable, accessible birth control, there will be user errors, condoms that break, moments of spontaneity. The best contraceptive access in the world won’t change the fact that we are merely human and imperfect in our routines.”

Whew. What she writes makes me a little sick to my stomach — but at least she’s internally consistent. “Safe, legal and rare” has always puzzled me. If life begins at conception and abortion takes the life of an innocent unborn baby, as I believe it does, then why should abortion be safe and legal? If life doesn’t begin at conception and abortion is just some sterile medical procedure to purge the body from some nonhuman parasitical something, then why should it be rare? Population considerations?

DelBalzo admits she has had an abortion and it’s hard not to wonder how much of the vehemence of her position stems from denial — denial of the reality that her own child existed within her and then did not. Either way, if more abortion advocates owned their positions, as DelBalzo does, the abortion debate would grow infinitely easier. More people would see clearly the choice before them: Will they choose to accept the reality that life begins at conception or deny it? Will they choose to protect the right to life or choose to be arbiters of that right?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The capricious way that human life is treated today is a testament to the shortcomings in the American pulpit.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I’ve seen a lot of pastors, even the smarmy tele-evangelist variety, rail against stuff like abortion and the legalization of homosexual marriage constantly on their programs.

I do recognize that there are nominal Christians out there, in mainline denominations and in the “emerging church” who run around supporting homosexuality and saying that the Bible is not meant to be taken literally.

There’s that one pastor or Christian author who wrote a book arguing that Hell does not exist (or is not eternal), despite the fact Jesus Christ talked about the reality of a literal Hell quite a bit in His teachings.

But there are some who still can sin sin.

TigerPaw on March 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

The radical feminists have taken all of that away from younger generations of women. And what has been the benefit of this? Statistically the percentage of women breaking the glass ceiling has DECREASED. And just how God Damned liberated have women become that they will abort a child to be accepted?? If women were truly liberated they would stand firm that having a child was one of their God given rights.
And Ms. DelBrazo – doesn’t love anything as much as she loves herself. She has to – who would want someone like her as a friend or a wife?

IlonaE on March 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Radical feminists haven’t taken anything away from those of us who never bought into that crap in the first place. I have never worried about a glass ceiling, just to impress someone else. I have worked and made my own way because that is how my life worked out. I have a great daughter, I cared more about flexibility in my job than money, so I was able to pick her up from school, go on field trips, class parties, etc. I would not have changed a minute of it. All is not lost!

Night Owl on March 16, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I’ve seen news stories that younger Americans are turning more conservative and against abortion than their parents.

I wouldn’t be surprised if seeing the chaos and trash that rejecting traditional values has had on families and society has made an impression on them. Maybe there is hope.

TigerPaw on March 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

There is!

Night Owl on March 16, 2012 at 2:32 AM

bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

That seems as “un-arbitrary” as anything could be. What do you believe would be a less arbitrary starting point?

DrMagnolias on March 16, 2012 at 3:48 AM

I’ve always been confused when abortionists use phrases like, “I’m fighting for reproductive freedom!” Err, excuse me…but isn’t abortion ANTI reproduction? I’m reminded of the comedian who said, ‘Planned parenthood….shouldn’t it be called Planned unparenthood?” The doublespeak would make George Orwell shudder I think.

wolfva on March 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM

When you strain to justify your sins you may end up embracing your sinfulness as sainthood. Del(whatever) isn’t worth the effort to remember her name.

swinia sutki on March 16, 2012 at 5:59 AM

bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

So…do you think a woman is carrying some inanimate object in her womb until birth? Are you seriously that ignorant, or just so used to tying yourself in knots to defend the indefensible that you rely on pretzel logic?

zoyclem on March 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM

She relishes the “right” to exterminate undesirables. Where have we heard that before?
Remember, only women have the right to kill!

Bevan on March 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM

As I approach the extent of my lifespan, I am really ashamed of some of the stuff we tolerated a few decades ago. That is where vile people like this Jessica person came from – the junk we should have eliminated but didn’t.

I can tell you this much – even back when I was a lib dem, this female would never have been pregnant by me.

platypus on March 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM

bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

People like you (libtard) always construe facts to your convenience. Everything is a shade of grey, no real right or wrong, but degrees of right or wrong. For example, scientists could discover microbes on a meteor fragment and call it life. yet, when a microbe interacts with another microbe and immediately starts to divide into multiple cells, it’s a mistake – and inconvenience – easily discarded.

You people are a joke and when the “time” comes, all your rationalizations will be dealt with by a higher power that judges in black and white, right or wrong.

HomeoftheBrave on March 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM

This is the type of person that you could put a pair of scissors in her hand, tell her to stab the head of the baby before it emerges, and she would do it.
Some people are just barbaric, and have a very barbaric, simplistic view of life.

right2bright on March 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM

The less rare the more undesirables exterminated. She should be a poster child for the KKK but I am told that even they are anti-abortion. Perhaps though if th pro-life donned some sheets and marched in support of abortion it may shame some people into self reflection. Nahhh, don’t know any pro-lifers who would wear sheets nor any pro-choicers who can be shamed.

aloysiusmiller on March 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Is this woman a descendent of a camp guard in Germany? Anyone who is proud of exterminating her unborn child is mentally unstable. One day her guilt will catch up with her.

Kissmygrits on March 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Delbazo must have been high when she wrote this low stuff.

Sherman1864 on March 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Monsters are monstrous. No news there. Honestly, people like this boggle my mind. I had a discussion just recently with someone. I made a completely logical, utterly NON religious argument against abortion using scientific evidence and rational logic to back my position up, and this person utterly ignored everything i said and just claimed “it’s a choice” and “they aren’t human until they are sentient, after 26 weeks.” Mind boggling ignorance and monstrosity.

Abortion NEEDS to be made illegal as quickly as possible, and people that support it like this monstrous woman need to be treated the same as those that incite violence or murder.

wearyman on March 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM

One can speak to detectives, psychiatrists, scientists whom have tried to understand the criminal mind to know there is a common thread in homicide. The one time killer uses it as a solution. The psychotic serial killer uses it as a power trip; as a narcotic. As we know about narcotics the greater the use the more drug needed to get the high. The Debalzo mentality is an activist much the same way Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein or Son of Sam was an activist. The only difference is one receives judicial degeneracy’s blessing.

viking01 on March 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I believe in retro-active abortion rights.

RutRoh on March 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Since when did ‘choice’ stop including the ‘choice’ to stay pregnant and give up the baby for adoption?

The liberals continue to diminish the language, culture, and tragically our humanity.

jackal40 on March 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I feel sorry for this woman, actually. She has been lied to by the abortion industry and told that her child was not human. Now she wraps herself in those lies to take refuge from the horrible truth: she killed her own child. The abortion industry lies to women. There are a lot of well meaning, but impressionable young women that get sucked into this.

bitsy on March 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Every once in a while, the left has an unguarded moment when they manage to clarify who they really are and what they really stand for…

morganfrost on March 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

What she writes makes me a little sick to my stomach

That’s putting it mildly…

College Prof on March 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I don’t get it. Why don’t these anti-baby people just get hysterectomies and vasectomies and nip their problem in the bud before it starts? I’m all for libs not procreating, but their giddyness over the act of killing a baby as a means of self-value is just sick.

ErinF on March 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Why do you need to define life as starting at conception? That seems highly arbitrary as an actual starting point for the existence of human life. bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

It’s the opposite of arbitrary, actually. Choosing any other point would be arbitrary.

The spermatozoa is alive: does it die when it fertilizes the egg?

Akzed on March 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Sadly selfish woman who killed her own child and brags about it.

BillCarson on March 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

preferable to eight weeks of nausea and weight gain

Nausea and weight gain… wow that’s tough(/rolls eyes). I would say that you got off easy compared to the baby…

jeffn21 on March 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Democrats do so love their abortions, but why aren’t they selling “I Had An Abortion” tee shirts?

Within the answer to that question is the best way to defeat those proponents.

DannoJyd on March 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

DannoJyd on March 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Oh, the vile Planned Parenthood has sold those shirts, although I don’t think the Democrat party has yet dared. A couple years ago, Planned Parenthood had a “Choice on Earth” Christmas card. These people really do worship abortion.

DrMagnolias on March 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM

bayam on March 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Decades ago, when abortion was made universally legal in the U.S. via a Supreme Court ruling establishing it as a right, many people warned that before long we would be allowing abortions on full-term fetuses. This was ridiculed as an invalid “slippery slope” argument.

It came true.

Now we’re working towards it being permissible to destroy human babies after they are already outside the womb. Where does devaluation of human life end, if we don’t put a stop to it?

JannyMae on March 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

She makes it sound like a fun activity for a weekend. “let’s buy a 6 pack and go have an abortion”.

oregano on March 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

jeffn21 on March 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Had to repost this as I think it sums up perfectly the disconnect pro aborts have with the rest of humanity.

runawayyyy on March 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Where does devaluation of human life end, if we don’t put a stop to it?

JannyMae on March 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Same place it always ends when leftists get total control. They kill whoever gets in their way, every single time, without exception. I happen to think, due to this undeniable but frequently ignored fact, that it’s just a matter of time before we get there yet again. I just never thought it would happen again in my lifetime until recently.

runawayyyy on March 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I am glad that she is behind it, and hope she avails herself and her friends of this sacrament at every opportunity: nits will be lice.

The Soviets used abortion as the favored method of birth control with serious health issues for the women in question. There is a fair amount documented on that.

I think what we have here is a woman with a religious feeling for infant sacrifice. She would have felt quite at home in Carthage or any Phoenician area where such practices held sway.

We now see how thanatotic these people are. Better, they think that if we just understood them we would love and accept their views: more fool them.

Denver Bob on March 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I hate to be defending a slime like Daikoku, but the fact of the matter is, he/she/it/zurb’s logic is valid, for a very simple and horrible reason.

People who believe in abortion-on-demand ALREADY ABORT THEIR BABIES, without checking for birth defects or whatnot. They don’t care if it’s gay, has Down’s, is one-legged, or whatever. They care that it’s a BABY that they don’t want.

IF there was a huge uptick in gay-baby-abortions, it WOULD be because people who weren’t aborting their babies were aborting them. Of course, there won’t be, but don’t tell Daikoku that.

For the record- I don’t think there IS a gay gene, I think it’s a much more complicated mix of genetic and epigenetic factors. But if it could be boiled down to that, then it would be just as wrong to abort a gay baby as it would be to abort a baby with trisomy 18.

LunaLovegood on March 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM

If the Left wants brutal honesty about abortion, then here’s my real reason for wanting to keep abortion legal:

If abortion is left up to the conscience of the pregnant woman, then pro-abortion leftists will over the generations abort themselves into extinction, taking their philosophy with them — while conservatives who don’t approve of abortions will tend to have more babies and thereby swell their ranks.

Really, it’s pure evolutionary math.

The pro-abortion stance is like a flea-ridden rat on the ship of Liberal Philosophy. This one stowaway passenger will destroy the rest of the cargo and crew.

Zombie on March 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM

all I can say is “wow”…
too bad her mother didn’t feel the same way….

czarcasm on March 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM

ErinF on March 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I’m with you, there, Erin !
Seems so simple, even for the left !!

And, Happy St. Paddy’s Day ! ;-)

pambi on March 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM

“She” is the result of our society reducing women to animals.

StevC on March 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The sperm’s goal in life is to combine with an egg and become a baby. That’s achieving what it fought hard for against all the odds. If it “dies” when two become one, it dies rejoicing. Always consider what the ends of an animal or its individual parts are. The seed’s goal in life is to die to give new life, so it has accomplished its purpose. What is tragic is dying without having accomplished what we’re here for. Also, the sperm is a piece of the father, only special in that it has only half of his genetic code and is designed to transport his genetic code to the mother, so she can use it to make a completely new life, that is unique, and will never, ever have another chance on this earth to live again. Whether one is religious or not, taking an innocent,unique human life is unethical and unconscionable. If one does not see that, it is either because one is uneducated and ignorant of science and ethics, or else one does not have a healthy conscience and cares for nothing and no one but one’s own wants and desires and honestly believes, deep down, that every one else on the planet is here only to bring fulfillment to the conscience-injured person, which is why such a one feels justified in tossing aside anyone who fails to do so. This can include, not only murdering their unborn children, but abandoning or otherwise abusing born children, breaking their marriage vows, cheating on their taxes, drinking and driving, lying, stealing, and anything else they believe they can get away with doing without suffering painful consequences.

adamsweb on March 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM

For years I have confronted the prop-abortion crowd with that same question: Why do you include “rare” in “safe, legal, and rare?” Is there something immoral about abortion that suggests it should be rare? If that is the case, why should it be legal? If it is a totally proper and moral procedure, why must it be rare?

I have NEVER received a reasonable response to that question.

Colony14 on March 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I am sickened by how the pro-life movement has left our nation full of unmarried teenagers with babies.

thuja on March 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

On of my sisters was an unmarried teen with baby. She is now a married adult with children.

She did just fine despite your sickness.

rukiddingme on March 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM

“I love abortion.” — Jessica DelBalzo

“We love death.” — Osama bin Laden

No wonder the Left and Islam get along so well.

infidel4life on March 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM

So on her death bed she can look back and reflect on her life and think ‘I am so glad I fought for the destruction of the unborn’

tommer74 on March 17, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again, Liberals can dress it up, and call it what ever they want, but the fact remains the same, open murder of children still remains open murder of children, some 70 years a ago or so, fellow leftist called their open murder “the final solution”. So liberals does that make you proud that you are continuing the work of the National Socialist Party???

Beastdogs on March 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM