Video: Are you ready for the presidential NCAA Tournament bracket?

posted at 4:15 pm on March 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

Greg Pollowitz joked a few days ago on Twitter that The One would use this gimmick as a pure pander to swing states and pick Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Duke. O’s actual picks: Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Kentucky. He must be awfully high on the Wildcats to waste a Final Four slot on a state he has no chance of winning, especially when he could have had Colorado, the 11 seed, as an upset special in the same region. Poor planning by whoever the White House NCAA Bracketology czar is.

In keeping with the general arc of his presidency, he picked the eventual winner in 2009 (the Tar Heels) and has failed dismally ever since. Two clips for you here, one of “Barack-etology” in action and the other a little commiseration for my fellow Syracuse fans. Look on the bright side, Orange Nation: They were bound to disappoint us. They (almost) always do. At least this year there’s no suspense.

Comments

Because there’s nothing more important for the SCOAMF to focus on at this time. /

NapaConservative on March 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Important.

Red Cloud on March 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Shouldn’t the Commander-in-Chief spend his time more wisely,
like golf!!(snark).

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Impotent

NoFanofLibs on March 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I’m sure there are 4 teams out there that are sayin’ “NOOOO! Don’t pick us!”

his picks are like the kiss of death, right Pittsburgh Steelers fans?

iirc.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Economy…?

… Never heard of it.

Seven Percent Solution on March 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

He needs to do this full time next year.

Oil Can on March 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

This is clearly more presidential than having a policy debate with someone he’s running ads against. I mean, thank God he’s not going to do something so unpresidential.

Dongemaharu on March 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Why does ESPN cover this as if it’s something of great national import? We get it, the dude’s “hip” or whatever. Let it go.

changer1701 on March 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, I am pretty sure none of the teams want Obama’s Hex placed on them. He has a magic for being the stinkbracket master

Marcus Traianus on March 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM

For the love of God, can we please stop it with the “Hitler learns…” videos? I would forgive The 0ne this single bit of governmental overreach if he could somehow criminalize the creation of any more Hitler videos. Even by the mighty standards of the internet age, surely no other meme has been beaten this badly to death.

KGB on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

This reminds me of that old saying….

….you know Nero, fiddle, burning….I can’t remember the context /

NapaConservative on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Did the CIA tell him about Fab Melo? He’s got Cuse out in the round of Eight and I’m sure this was filmed before he could’ve known about it.

AYNBLAND on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

honestly, I could give a rip about sports most of the time. I’ll catch a baseball game, football game here and there, but I’m too damn busy to jack around following this stuff. I have 3 kids and a busy job. This is like dope for the masses…just sit back, make your picks, drown in some beer, and after 3 weeks you’ll forget all about the sh!tty economy and such. It’s no wonder he leads people to engage in this time waster..

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Kentucky will win it all.

CABE on March 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I was…*cough—cough-,ahem* on Hopeys page a few days ago!

President Obama’s 2012 NCAA Tournament Bracket
**********************************************

Yesterday, President Obama took some time to fill out his brackets for the 2012 NCAA men and women’s basketball tournaments, and for the fourth time, ESPN was on hand to share his predictions with the country.(More…)
======================

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Pivoting and focusing like a laser again!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Finally something he can be serious about.

Ukiah on March 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

The reason Obama is liked on a personal level is because of stuff like that. Remember Breitbart said that culture is upstream of politics.

Go ‘Dores!!!

ArkyDore on March 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I long for the day I no longer have to see this turd’s smirking mug on the television again.

waterytart on March 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I will not rest until ________…..

not resting.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Oh gawd the parody…no outside bombers,
lol!!!

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Georgetown did not make it too far in the President’s brackets.

Further proof of his dedication to women’s contraceptive rights.

MessesWithTexas on March 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Have I said how much I despise this man yet today.

Single most best president evah!!!!!

SCOAMF

D-fusit on March 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

KGB on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Yep. It was funny the first 3 or 4 times, but has since become painfully redundant.

As for Obama’s picks, he is one gutsy guy: 2 No. 1 seeds and 2 No. 2 seeds in his Final Four?

Wow. Nothing but a chalk eater.

Captain Kirock on March 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM

KGB on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I laughed….hard!

WisRich on March 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Baroque: “My people invented the game of BarraketBall after we were freed from the slavemaster Winston Churchill by the liberating army of Kanye West.”

/showing his excellent grasp of history at all times.

CorporatePiggy on March 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

He can’t run on his own record, so he might as well go out there and try to score some points on someone else’s.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I hate that he is involved in one of my favorite sports. Can’t wait until I can watch the tournament and not see his ugly mug on my screen.

gophergirl on March 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I’d say Obama is a #18 seed and he’s going to play a top-seeded Ham Sammich in the first round.

Underdogs.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

The East bracket has no good shooting teams. Neither does the US UNarmed Forces, since we asked our Marines to leave their weapons outside of the tent in Afghanistan, where Panetta was about to speak.

Obama is a very weak commander in chief. Stopped watching ESPN SportsCenter a long time ago since they are so HIGH on themselves. ESPN and Barack will get along fine since they are both narcissistic operations.

Atlanta Media Guy on March 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Aw crap I’m big on Missouri and he has them going to the final four. Might have to change that since he’s always wrong.

Roymunson on March 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Tell me this guy is brilliant and hard working…. Because is looks like he’s pretty average and a slacker. Most men with a wife and two kids wouldn’t have time to watch that much basketball.

aniptofar on March 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Gee. I could see the pick of the VCU game with my Wichita State team from a mile away. Let me see here. 12 seed Virginia Commonwealth against 5 seed Wichita State in a state he has no chance of winning. Oh. Did I mention that we play our home games at Charles Koch Arena. Yeah. Obama was gonna pull the lever for us. Ha!

pcwichita on March 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

This should be the last time we’ll have to watch our employee goof off during working hours. His final job performance review is right around the corner.

Dee2008 on March 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

He has every single 1 and 2 team (except Baylor) in the Elite Eight. What a maroon.

NotCoach on March 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Well, back in 2009 he picked Carolina to win it all and they did. It’s the only thing he’s ever done I’ve agreed with. I hope he’s right again this year. ;-)

TarheelBen on March 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Meanwhile, drudge is headlining that Obama has appointed a….wait for it……task force to investigate high gas prices…..

Let me guess their recommendations are going to include a) buy a Volt b) buy a Volt c) buy a Volt and d) wait till after the tournament until I can do something about this.

how coincidental.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Definitely related:

This is the political equivalent of telling your wife that you’ll mow the lawn, right after the tourney is over….

ok, honey?

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM

how coincidental.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:38 P

Only after his task force concludes that Keystone has no standing or resolution to this “investigation”.

FlaMurph on March 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Maybe he’s angling for a seat with the commentators once he gets out from under his current gig. Would they let him bring his teleprompter you think?

Dee2008 on March 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Any misspellings this year?
“A Harvard graduate can’t spell Syracuse?”

Brat on March 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

have you ever noticed that there are some jobs that BHO will only do himself? Such as, attend parties, go on vacaycay, make his picks, comment on stupid stuff, bow/scrape–yada yada? Of course you have, you’re smart. The stuff that he doesn’t want to do, or needs more time on, or doesn’t care about gets a “task force” yeah, that sounds….force-y n’ such. It’s his MO. There are no “bracket Task Forces,” no “Italian Ice Task Forces,” no “NFL Playoffs Task Forces”…no, he handles all of those important presidentin’ tasks all by hisself.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Any misspellings this year?
“A Harvard graduate can’t spell Syracuse?”

Brat on March 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

it had an “R” in it, and we all know that he can’t stand “R’s”….

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Aw, heartache…

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

You can bet he has more enthusiasm for this than for anything related to the economy, jobs, gasoline, healthcare, etc, etc.

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

THANK YOU for not picking my Shockers! At least we’ll have one less thing weighing on us against VCU. They’re going down…

journeyscarab on March 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM

He picked UNC to win it all. I’m…….shocked. And I couldn’t despise the man any more.

GO DUKE!

gophergirl on March 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

This. To add insult to injury, we must endure listening to Charles Barkley talk about how cool this President is and the idiots who voted for Bush twice (he said this during the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk contest. Multiple times and in various, nuanced ways.). Sports is supposed to be one of the politics-neutral places. Grrrrr……

conservative pilgrim on March 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

The more I think about this, the more I realize the following:

I would never make fun of Obama for teleprompter-reading, golfing or bracket-building if that’s all he did.

Seriously. If he spent his days putzing around doing stupid, mindless and irrelevant things, I’d never complain about it again.

Instead, he checks boxes next to stupid ideas and tries to do big-kid stuff he’s simply not qualified to do.

Washington Nearsider on March 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Please tell me that wasn’t filmed in the Oval Office.

Brat on March 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

That’s a tough break with the Syracuse player being ineligible. Their chances have dropped significantly. Same with Carolina—if Henson isn’t playing, they’ll be fortunate to make it to the Elite 8. They’re beatable. Get Marshall into foul trouble and you win. NC State, a sub-par, but tough team, almost did that, but didn’t get the call at the end of the ACC semi-final game.

I think it’s Kentucky’s to lose. Their one weakness is their youth.

conservative pilgrim on March 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM

It was reported that a “mortgage task force” was to be created on/around 25 JAN.

Any major sporting events happening around that time??

2012 Super Bowl—5 FEB

Now? The latest hot button issue? Gas prices

Any major sporting events happening?

NCAA Tournament

And so we now get ourselves a “gas prices task force”

how predictable. This guy is just jukin’, czarin’, appointin’, and bracketin’ his way through this presidency.

ted c on March 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Bah, humbug…

No Melo.

Nothing left to do but sit back with memories of ’03.

Gingotts on March 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I’m trying to figure out… Is there any bad situation that wouldn’t be absolutely hilarious with Hitler raving about it?

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on March 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Please tell me that wasn’t filmed in the Oval Office.

Brat on March 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

You wish huh…. lol

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

ESPN gives him a tongue bath over this every year. It’s all in keeping with his promise to focus on jobs like a taser.

Wait, laser? Well now I am confused.

JeremiahJohnson on March 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I thought he had a laser like focus on jobs?

nazo311 on March 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

If you complain about the President taking 5 minutes to fill out a bracket for a popular social event I wonder if you also would prefer that he not sleep, shower, eat, use the bathroom, get dressed,etc.

I’m sure that he loses much more time a month doing those things then he does filling out a college bracket.

#JustSaying.

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

KGB on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Oh, we’re sorry. We didn’t realize that you are tied up and forced to watch each and every variation of this theme once it is posted on-line—–if you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Simple.

Mallard T. Drake on March 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

F.Y.I

I got North Carolina taking it all.

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

KGB on March 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Its Godwin’s law lol

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I’m an SEC/University of Florida guy. I keep pretty busy. I don’t watch ESPN, but with a moderate/high level of interest in my UF team, I’m reasonably informed about the other teams around the country.

Obama is waaaayy to knowledgeable about all these random teams. It’s weird actually. You’d have to be watching quite a bit of college basketball and/or ESPN to be able to make some of the observations about these different teams. Very strange.

shannon76 on March 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

shannon76 on March 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I hear you. With all of his golf, vacations and fundraisers, it really makes you wonder if the guy does any work at all.

TarheelBen on March 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hey Nero, you have soldiers in harm’s way!!!!

rjoco1 on March 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM

As a Kansas Jayhawk fan and alum, I’m glad Obama chose Missouri as one of his final Four picks. Our big rival Missouri is jinxed now and will surely lose before the Final Four. Obama chose Kansas in the top Four the last two seasons, and we knew it meant certain defeat. Maybe now that we’re out of Obama’s sights, we can win it all!

Commonsense13 on March 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Once every 365 days, president Obama can speak for several minutes in a row in a relatively knowledgeable manner without doing any lying.

forest on March 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

His brackets are actually not far away from mine: We both like VCU and Xavier in the South, with Kentucky and Baylor going to the Elite 8. In fact, our Elite 8′s match up except I have Florida St and he has Ohio St. We agree on 3 of the Final 4, but I have UNC beating Mizzou for the title.

TouchdownBuddha on March 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

In all fairness…the dumba$$ probably has a 10 man advisory committee set up to make his picks for him and it’s probably costing us about 1.5 million dollars….

That’s my pick.

BigWyo on March 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Reminds me of this story from last week: Obama Kept Air Force One in the Air Extra Half Hour to Watch Knicks Game – Costing Taxpayers $90,000

Unexpectedly and Unprecedented!

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well played by Obama. I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I go to vote in November, the first thing I’ll be looking for is how much of a basketball fan they are. That’s why I’m voting for Dick Vitale.

PerceptorII on March 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

The ONLY bracket chart that moron marxist should be allowed to play -

rayra on March 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Every year, the same pants wetting on Hotair about the president making NCAA picks.

So tired.

Dave Rywall on March 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

So tired.

Dave Rywall on March 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

And every year, you feel compelled to read the thread and make some asinine comment.

Go have your medication adjusted.

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM

When does he find the time to do a bracket between saving the planet, lowering gas prices and the sea levels and all that golf?

Kissmygrits on March 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Kissmygrits on March 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Directly after his likeness is silk screened on the American flag.

DevilsPrinciple on March 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Please tell me that wasn’t filmed in the Oval Office.

Brat on March 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

That was a bit of sleight of set/prop mastery courtesy of ESPN. Notice how well organized the board was AND how quickly Obama moved from the picks.

ESPN was very clever about hiding the teleprompter behind the bracket board.I’ll say one thing about ESPN, they sure know how to pander like pros.

DevilsPrinciple on March 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

All sides: Romney or Santorum, essentially: Suck it up and get Obama OUT OF OFFICE come election day.

The Nerve on March 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He has my Buckeye’s in the final four. Kiss. Of. Death.

January on March 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Eh I’m not gonna throw rocks at the guy for this. The NCAA Tournament is easily the most exciting basketball event in the world each year and Obama’s a genuine basketball fan so I won’t begrudge him having a little fun with his own bracket.

LukeinNE on March 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM