Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on March 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Gingrich no longer says he can capture the 1,144 delegates required to wrap up the Republican nomination. Instead, he now speaks frankly about a new plan: Keep Romney from getting to 1,144 by the end of the GOP primary season in June, and then start what Gingrich calls a ‘conversation’ about who should be the Republican nominee. That conversation, the plan goes, would lead to a brokered GOP convention at which Gingrich would emerge as the eventual nominee.

“‘Our goal first is to keep Romney well below 1,000,’ Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond said an hour before Gingrich addressed a small crowd of disappointed supporters gathered at the Wynfrey Hotel. ‘It doesn’t have to be 1,000, or 1,050 — it has to be below 1,100.’ If Gingrich succeeds, Hammond continued, ‘This will be the first time in our party in modern politics that we’re going to go to the convention floor.’…

“But the Washington establishment, or more accurately the East Coast establishment, is about to declare Gingrich dead. After Tuesday’s primary, reporters from the Washington Post and New York Times were leaving the Gingrich campaign; it’s not clear how regularly the papers will cover Gingrich from now on. That’s a sign of establishment rejection that Gingrich would relish — he’s scored a lot of political points attacking the media — but the real worry is that the Gingrich campaign might slowly fade from press coverage. And then — far more ominously — those 175,000 donors might begin to lose their enthusiasm, along with their resolve to give again.”

***

“‘We’re actually helping because between us – Santorum and I – are stopping Romney,’ Gingrich said…

“If Gingrich drops out, he argues, two things will happen:

“1) His vote gets divided between Santorum and Romney. A larger percentage would go to Santorum, but at least some goes to Romney, allowing him to accumulate more delegates; and,

“2) Romney is then able to aim all of his considerable firepower at Santorum, destroying him with negative ads the way he twice destroyed Gingrich (in Iowa and Florida).”

***

“Newt Gingrich’s plan to keep Mitt Romney from winning the necessary delegates for the GOP nomination means the presidential contenders might have to form a deal in order to avoid a brokered convention, a leading Gingrich surrogate told The Hill.

“Former Sen. Bob Smith (R-N.H.) said an agreement between the candidates would be preferable to taking the fight to the convention floor in Tampa, Fla., this August.

“‘If the four candidates that are involved decide to somehow put delegates together to make somebody the nominee based on the delegates they’ve earned I don’t think I’d call that a backroom deal,’ he said. ‘A brokered convention [could] go against the wishes of all the voters and maybe pick someone who wasn’t even running. No one I know wants a brokered convention.’”

***

“He insisted in his election-night speech that he was going forward — ignoring that he’s lost every one of the last 30 contests except for Georgia, his home state.

“‘Newt’s been dead for awhile, but now we’ve got proof,’ cracked Murphy.

“In a sign that Gingrich is increasingly out of options, a senior adviser to his campaign began floating the idea of a fusion ticket between the two remaining Romney alternatives.

“‘Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would make a powerful team against Barack Obama,’ wrote the adviser in an email.”

***

“As we can see, Romney won roughly the same share of the vote in all four states [SC, GA, AL, MS] – something within a very narrow band of 26 percent and 30 percent of the vote. The real shift last night came from Santorum surging at the expense of Newt Gingrich.

“We can also see this when we break it down into ideological groupings, above all ‘very conservative’ voters…

“Here we see a similar pattern – Mitt Romney holding in a very narrow band (between 18 percent and 24 percent) while Rick Santorum has surged by about 15 points at the expense of Newt Gingrich, who has declined by 15 points

“From a bigger picture, these results confirm what the RealClearPolitics average has been saying for about a month: Rick Santorum has eclipsed Newt Gingrich in the battle to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney.”

***

“Some have suggested that deep in his heart Gingrich fashions himself a modern Winston Churchill, called to lead his country at a critical moment in its history. But history — using Alabama and Mississippi as its surrogates — has spoken and it has declared that Newt is decidedly not Churchill and that he won’t be president. At least not President of the United States.

“As The Daily Caller’s Matt Lewis pointed out while calling for Gingrich to drop out, ‘if [Gingrich] truly believes Mitt Romney is a ‘Massachusetts moderate’ masquerading as a conservative, then he owes it to Republican voters to give former Sen. Rick Santorum a clean shot at wresting the nomination from him.’

“Tuesday night, Gingrich took the burn down the house strategy in refusing to get out. If he can’t win, he’ll torpedo Santorum’s chance of winning and intentionally or unintentionally give the nomination to his nemesis, Mitt Romney. Perhaps upon further reflection, he will put his ego aside and do the right thing by allowing the final two serious candidates standing to battle it out for the GOP nomination.”

***

“In a half-filled convention center ballroom in Rosemont, a Chicago suburb, a mix of supporters and the merely curious turned out to see the candidate speak, some holding ‘Don’t believe the liberal media!’ signs, a fixture of his rallies, which on this day could have been echoing his criticism of Mitt Romney’s anointment as the inevitable nominee…

“Mr. Gingrich envisions an outcome in which, almost by force of personality and will, he is acclaimed the nominee at a contested convention in August despite failing to win the popular vote in more than a couple of states…

“‘The problem with being a fighter is sometimes they don’t know when to quit,” said Mr. Campfield, a state senator who switched allegiance to Mr. Santorum before he won Tennessee on Super Tuesday. ‘You don’t realize it’s better to bow out gracefully.’”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Zombie Gingrich- Lurching To Tampa!

profitsbeard on March 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Sigh. You can run, but you cannot hide….

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Thanks, I know its hard for them to keep up.They miss a lot, trust me. I figured they might like the help from someone new. Anyway I try to read most of the comments. As many as I can.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

The real reason why Newt has stayed on until now. He’s been bought to allow Romney to split the conservative vote:

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I have fallen behind. Why?

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Because if you dont C sharp, you will B Flat…

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It’s the modesty that I find most attractive, though. Yes, I’d love to go out with you. Can it be Chuck E. Cheese, though? The kids love it and DH doesn’t mind the pizza.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

hahahahahah…anywhere you want gorgeous, and I don’t do dutch. Chuck E Cheese is on me :)

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

These two made death threats. I don’t like death threats. Oh well I guess I don’t need to heed Allahs warning anymore since no one else is. I try to be a relatively good poster. I don’t curse much except for heII and HeIIfire and I spell them with I’s so its really not even cursing. Kinda. I just like the hunt. You know helping them find the blessing they desire. Don’t hate me for it, please.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Heh. Death threats from liberal crybabies behind a computer keyboard are of zero consequence. They’re of zero consequence in real life, for that matter.
Out here in real life, I am no persuader. Instead, I make them mad. Mad takes a lot of energy. Perhaps just enough energy to prevent them from getting to the polls.
But like I said before, I didn’t want them banned, but it’s Ed’s and Allah’s call, not mine.
And yes, I checked my e-mail. He was nice about it.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Why? Just be yourself.

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I’ve been here for almost 5 1/2 years…and have had exactly ONE comment removed. I didn’t get a warning-it was just removed.
Snit happens sometimes.
Lance needs to be Lance.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I like that I too, but I’ve heard it many times before.

As for whether I care what you think, I do, but you like self-created drama and imagine things that are not there. Even the “Frankly” comments are about what some anonymous posters would think, not you.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Well, that’s nice, I think? Maybe I have misinterpreted you. Congratulations, by the way!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

So how long have you been time traveling? Hmmm, is that even a legitimate question? Can you ask a time traveler how long they have been time traveling? Wouldn’t that be a rhetorical double negative paradox?

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I time travel every time I indulge in Jameson.

Can’t answer the rest of your questions!
2600 btw is a magazine.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

You have. But what’s the reason for “congratulations”?

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Any use for a software developer/marksman/CDL A on that estate?

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I might but since Ed says I live in mommy’s basement, I guess not :(

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

DHChron
You so silly, let me know the date of the party, it wouldn’t be a party without some angry gun gun fun!!!!!

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You’re in good form this morning!

ExpressoBold on March 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

LOL I’m just in a good mood, I guess! Snark is how it manifests itself here!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Zombie Gingrich- Lurching To Tampa!

profitsbeard on March 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Well if his funding is cut off you won;t hear from him. One guy does the funding for Newt so it’s up to him.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

2600 btw is a magazine.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Never heard of it, is it new… /s

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Awesome! Table for 7, it is!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

You have. But what’s the reason for “congratulations”?

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Okay. Anyway, I just saw someone else congratulate you the other day and I didn’t want to seem rude. ;-)

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The stretch that crosses from NC into SC.

It will be a two night, three day paddle. Can’t wait!

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Nice!

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I’ve still got about a half a dozen or so skeletons laying around, but nothing older than an old x386. All of my really cool/weird old stuff is way long gone. Like my Kypro and my Apricot.
SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Yeah, the computers aren’t antique enough yet to fetch much in the way of a selling price, but as long as there’s room they make great memorabilia. Also fun to play with them on rare occasions. But I enjoy old electronics in general, esp since I grew up with it. Just give me a flipclock-radio and I’m happy.

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Never heard of it, is it new… /s

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

You got me…

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Oh and Lourdes, I feel like I know you a little thru your comments. You always seem honest.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

DHChron

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I am just silly…no one gets me. Stop calling me a smuckin’ troll folks! I’m just having fun – something seriously lacking on this site since the primaries began.

Yes! I tell bad jokes! but I tell good ones too :) so lighten the fluke up peop’s. We’re all on the same team.

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It was earlier tonight, and I have no idea why.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Wait a minute here. Are they honestly implying that a casino mogul has ties to organized crime? What the what? I am shocked, shocked!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Lanceman
and believe me some of the snarky comments ALT has left, you will be alright!
*jumps behind the couch so twerp can’t see me* you’ll be back to normal in no time, I think Ed @Allah like most of the QOTD ppl. Everyone’s mellow.

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Why? Just be yourself.

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Here. I will post Allah’s comment again with the pertinent stuff highlighted:

Let me add, as a PSA to everyone, that these endless squabbles in the comments requiring hall-monitor duty from Ed and me are becoming increasingly time-consuming and irritating. We’ve erred on the side of not banning people in the past but we may have reached the point where it’s time to send those packing who can’t stay on topic and can’t seem to avoid petty scraping with the same nemeses in every thread. I’m asking you now politely to knock it off with this nonsense and stick to political arguments. The more personal you get with each other, the more we’re going to have to start locking people out to solve the problem. We don’t have time to be hall monitors.

Allahpundit on March 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

___________________________________________________________________
He’s asking now. He may not ask again. In fact, I’d bet on it.
But all the highlighted stuff describes me to a tee. Me more than the majority of you.
Needless to say, I won’t even post l4l’s twitter page or Kenin’s cruise directory ever again.
I gotta watch it or I’m on borrowed time.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I think they like us. Even though we aren’t the perfect commenter’s. Mine were nice also. And Lanceman I’m sorry I like to see em to the door. I just don’t like them. They would never say things like that to my face. Trust me. They shouldn’t say em here.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

You got me…

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The first time I saw 2600 it was still a BBS.

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

He’s talking directly, but indirectly at you, me and MadCon.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I might but since Ed says I live in mommy’s basement, I guess not :(

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I work cheap..

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

It was earlier tonight, and I have no idea why.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Well, since it was your biggest fan and supporter (and I presume, one of your parents), I assumed that the Nobel nominations had been announced, but I checked and, alas, they have not.

So please explain to me why Newt Gingrich splitting the Conservative vote would somehow benefit Sheldon Adelson? The federal investigation has been brought by Obama’s people. Wouldn’t it be helpful to Adelson to defeat Obama?

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I’m kind of HA’s psycho All-American-Girl-Next-Door mascot.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

and believe me some of the snarky comments ALT has left, you will be alright!

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Antwerp and I aren’t enemies. I truly despise cdseven and that back and forth is a petty squabble.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Things just aren’t the same as they used to be..:)

Dire Straits on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

LOL Riiiight.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Loved ‘Nothing From Nothing’. Had a mega-crush on Billy Preston before that–way back when he played piano on the Beatles’ Let It Be, Get Back, Something, and She’s So Heavy.

Always wondered why he wasn’t more famous!
:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

The Super PAC money can’t be used for campaign expenses at all – it has to be completely independent of the campaign, including the ads it designs and runs. But Adelson is being quoted by friends as saying he’s written his last check to Newt (he does promise to help the eventual nominee against Obama, no matter who it is).

But Gingrich won’t need much to do what he plans now – campaign in LA, TX, CA, and NY, combining fundraising in the latter three. He’s using free media and picking up delegates without campaigning in some states like Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Besides, his original purpose wasn’t to compete, he figured he belonged in the bottom tier, and he does. He just wanted to spur book sales, speaking fees, and consulting jobs with the free publicity. Now he is hoping for a convention speech for more free advertising. There is no reason to drop out, unless his own people pressure him to.

Adjoran on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The first time I saw 2600 it was still a BBS.

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Ah, BBSes, the glory days of geekdom.

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Chill. You’re fine.

I actually ASKED AP to ban me last summer-and he ignored me.
Really-it’s okay.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

You’re missing csdeven. Your funny.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Yeah-we’re friends.
*FLINK!*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

He’s talking directly, but indirectly at you, me and MadCon.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I can assure you he ain’t talkin’ to you. You are Dire Straits without the smiley face.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

He maybe counting on Romney to save him…or something.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Because if you dont C sharp, you will B Flat…

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’ll share that with the better half in the a.m. She plays piano.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You’re missing csdeven. Your funny.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Um, no. I’m not. It’s been nice lately.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

The first time I saw 2600 it was still a BBS.

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Ah, BBSes, the glory days of geekdom.

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I got haunted house off a bbs in 1984ish

Wargames was a validation.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Twerp
Don’t get me wrong, I’m to a smarta$$ to, I’m just way to new to have your guts.
I love it when Ed or Allah come on to straighten everyone up and you throw some snark right at them, I laugh hard.
keep up the good work!!!!!!

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I actually ASKED AP to ban me last summer-and he ignored me.
Really-it’s okay.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Next time, have Jailbreak do it; according to him, he’s in charge of that now.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

But you miss me, right?

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

: ) No they get mad when I chase the trolls from thread to thread. When I used to cross post it was easier. Now I have to do it another way. They still don’t like it. Trust me.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Wow. No more posting music videos: no more Pink Floyd: no more “The GOP will betray you” stuff: Nor more muppet videos or spider talk.

Jeepers. The morning crew won’t have anything to clean up.

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

But you miss me, right?

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I mentioned you the other night when someone asked cyncrook if they could call her Cindy. I said Mrs. Munford is Cindy.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

But it’s sitting there along with some Commodores, CoCos and an oddball brand or two.

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Ha! The RS Color Computer… true competitor to the Apple ii

ExpressoBold on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Ah, BBSes, the glory days of geekdom.

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The true glory of those geekdom days, was renting a house that had previously been a commercial business that had never had the 36 T-4 line, service junction removed…

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thanks, and nice to meet ya’. :)

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

tom daschle concerned

I was just having a look at that river. I’ve never been on that one. Its flat as an owls a$$. Nice mellow paddlin. Where is the put in?

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Lanceman
I know your all friends, everyone disagrees. We were all behind you that night, but ALT is right
BE YOURSELF, every ones more fun that way………..well except the great Dr Tesla, I swear he has had every disease in the book.

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I don’t seem to be in the flow lately. I come into the threads too late. Has csdeven not been around lately either?

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

The first time I saw 2600 it was still a BBS.
SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Ah, BBSes, the glory days of geekdom.
Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Took months for a good flame war to get going though.
:D

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Jeepers. The morning crew won’t have anything to clean up.

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Umm, no, the QOTD they’ll leave us alone on. Unless it turns into what it did the other night.
Allah can’t post Palin every night. And some of this stuff is a yawner. Newt, (hang in there!) is incredibly boring.
Too bad. He’s a real smart guy who cooked his goose sitting on that couch with Nan Piglosi, among other things.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

What’s not to miss. How the puppies? Did you bring any metal?

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Took months for a good flame war to get going though.
:D

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

ROTFLMAO… But oh the artistry in those old flame wars… those were the things of legends.

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

So they made me change the spelling of my name because Bmore wanted to call me by my first name, too. >:(

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

What’s going on angrymike. You have the day off? Hey that ole Dr. has a heII of a way of arguing doesn’t he?

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Did AP write that on the QOTD? I don’t know about the personal squabbling but no one stays on topic on QOTD for long. I was hoping that Newt would move Gov. Romney to the right but I just don’t think that is possible.

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Post something. I out of stuff to listen to.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My brother works for Duke Energy…no surprise that they have the info on floating the Catawba.

I’m not sure where our point of departure would be. He is planning the trip. I am merely preparing for it!

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I guess we both spell our given and nick names the same. I don’t know about you but in my life Cynthia being used meant I was in trouble.

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

.well except the great Dr Tesla, I swear he has had every disease in the book.

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

That guy is AnninCA’s brother or something. Concern troll is concerned.

Has csdeven not been around lately either?

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Mr seven has not been around thankfully.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

No he wrote it on another thread. alt asked Allah about it, but he never responded, right alt?

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Post something. I out of stuff to listen to.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

how about a nice game of chess song to describe the GOP Primaries?

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

SparkPlug on March 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I’m making some from-scratch brownies right now. I’m using butter.
The GOP will Parkay you.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Post something. I out of stuff to listen to.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Try Desmond Dekker.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Not surprisingly, it was here: http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/13/pew-liberals-most-intolerant-on-line/

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I’m “Cyndy” because my Mother thought that it was illogical to change the spelling when it was shortened.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Ole Duke has some beautiful spots. If you ever have a chance go to Lake Jocassee.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

In 2008 she was always going all bat-crazy over the Fredheads. I was a Fredhead. *evil laugh*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

tom daschle concerned
Sorry forgot the link.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

We actually have had a scare with one of the puppies but it looks like we might be okay. Too long and boring of a story. I’ll have to think about some metal. The rock star son has been working on a video with on of the bands he is in. The shot the band playing the song and then he got to get made up as a zombie. The make up was done by a professional, very very gross and they filmed in downtown Jacksonville. Very varied and funny reactions. When it is done I will link that.

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Here and after known as the Lanceman of the Day thread. Imagine my chagrin when I’m sitting in my truck, tune into HA and there’s a whole thread about me. I was so dumbfounded, I didn’t even comment until later in the day.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

He maybe counting on Romney to save him…or something.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LOL Sorry, I didn’t see this earlier. Anyway, I thought you had a more fleshed-out conspiracy theory for me! This is weird, btw. Look at the villain’s name (Eddie Izzard’s character). My son found this on Netflix, but it’s a maily kind and we never do that any more.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Uh-oh.

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Wow, that looks pristine! I had no idea that right coast states had bodies of water that brilliant!

Time for bed here. My hammock is calling me :)

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I know. But MadCon was giving you a rousing defense!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Since I’ve mentioned it before…I’m a ‘Barbara’. Barbara means ‘foreign or strange’ My mother-bless her heart-says that she couldn’t have picked a more appropriate name for me if she had tried.
*siiiigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I was a Fredhead. *evil laugh*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

So was I. Then I became a Mittbot. And then, one afternoon, a Palinista. Been one ever since.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Bmore
Yes it was a beautiful day, 70′s sunny, got to work on my old Chevy, if gas hits $5.00 I’m screwed, but in Oh 70′s in March is a day to play hooky. I went back to work Feb 6 , I really miss a lot on Hot Gas, it sucks.
Old Tessy is gonna get himself in trouble to, he steals hole threads. He argues with one person, then it’s him and that person going back and forth, everyone else just stops commenting. I run when I see him.

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

It isn’t logical, now there are twenty different spellings. Too many Hooked on Phonics people.

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Cindy would like that. I think. Good one.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Uh-oh.

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Yeah. Got ugly fast. Random got banned, I think.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I know. But MadCon was giving you a rousing defense!

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I saw that. MadCon reminds me of me when I was his age. I still get that way out in the real world. Sometimes, I’ll get into it with an idiot liberal and before I know it, people are looking at me.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Hmmm…Seems this thread is largely about Revenge. So here is Justin Timberlake going apesh!t after he got dumped by Brittney Spears:

Cry Me A River

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

*siiiigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Well, don’t be too let down. I was literally named for a stray dog that my Father picked up alongside the road.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I honestly don’t think csdeven gives a flying flip about any of the candidates. It just likes to poke people in their eyes. That is why it is the only person at HotAir that I ignore. Don’t get me wrong I like to poke at people to but I’m not willing to use victimhood as a tactic.

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Funny story: While directing the filming an ad/commercial a while ago — all actors in makeup and costumes representing an “after the world’s been destroyed” environment, during a break, I asked one of the actors (while still in full makeup and costume) to walk outside the building with me onto an L.A. street, just to see what the public reactions might be.

So there we were, on a busy L.A. street, me with this guy (famous face at that) who looked as he was madeup to look, a survivor of an apocolypse complete with tattered clothing, awful “wounds” and a honest-to-goodness ‘ray gun’ in his arms…AND NO ONE SO MUCH AS BLINKED, the public all “just” walked around us, no one so much as did a double take, no one slowly driving by even looked twice…

Out of concern for me and the actor (he had this fantasy ‘gun’ cradled in his arms), I finally took him back indoors, but the non-plussed non-reactions by the public were startling, to say the least.

From L.A., zombies, apocalypse, rayguns, yeeeearrrghhh, no one so much as noticed any thing ‘odd’ about that.

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yeah. Got ugly fast. Random got banned, I think.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Yeah. And Random’s been here for years. I wish he’d have shut up and dropped it. Especially after Allah told him he warned me. sad to see him and fishface get the beat down.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Perfect day to hook. Chevy’s are good. What model and year? I think the Dr. has kin here so he probably gets a break. He does have a strange way about him. Makes me laugh. I never talk to him. He did help me out once on a thread. When I found out he had kin, well I just leave him alone. ; )

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Cindy Munford on March 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’m not sure about that; I’m pretty sure that he/she/it is a Mormon and a True Mittwitt.

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Bmore

angrymike on March 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Your screwed? I’m building a 1962 Mercury Comet Frame-off Tube Chassy Dragster, with a Mercury 410 bored to 416 Cubic inch 650hp engine. Race fuel is already at $16.00 a gallon.

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Didn’t read 5 pages of posts yet… I will, but I think since Newt is a historian it’s fair to point out what fictional historical figure he resembles.

Captain Ahab from Moby Dick.

Why? Because he’s willing to sink his entire Crew (Political Party) Just to get revenge on the great-white-guy, that bit off his chance to be president. oh, and he doesn’t need a wooden leg, he has a Plastic wife.

-Wasteland (Not a Newt fan) Man.

WastelandMan on March 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM