Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on March 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Gingrich no longer says he can capture the 1,144 delegates required to wrap up the Republican nomination. Instead, he now speaks frankly about a new plan: Keep Romney from getting to 1,144 by the end of the GOP primary season in June, and then start what Gingrich calls a ‘conversation’ about who should be the Republican nominee. That conversation, the plan goes, would lead to a brokered GOP convention at which Gingrich would emerge as the eventual nominee.

“‘Our goal first is to keep Romney well below 1,000,’ Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond said an hour before Gingrich addressed a small crowd of disappointed supporters gathered at the Wynfrey Hotel. ‘It doesn’t have to be 1,000, or 1,050 — it has to be below 1,100.’ If Gingrich succeeds, Hammond continued, ‘This will be the first time in our party in modern politics that we’re going to go to the convention floor.’…

“But the Washington establishment, or more accurately the East Coast establishment, is about to declare Gingrich dead. After Tuesday’s primary, reporters from the Washington Post and New York Times were leaving the Gingrich campaign; it’s not clear how regularly the papers will cover Gingrich from now on. That’s a sign of establishment rejection that Gingrich would relish — he’s scored a lot of political points attacking the media — but the real worry is that the Gingrich campaign might slowly fade from press coverage. And then — far more ominously — those 175,000 donors might begin to lose their enthusiasm, along with their resolve to give again.”

***

“‘We’re actually helping because between us – Santorum and I – are stopping Romney,’ Gingrich said…

“If Gingrich drops out, he argues, two things will happen:

“1) His vote gets divided between Santorum and Romney. A larger percentage would go to Santorum, but at least some goes to Romney, allowing him to accumulate more delegates; and,

“2) Romney is then able to aim all of his considerable firepower at Santorum, destroying him with negative ads the way he twice destroyed Gingrich (in Iowa and Florida).”

***

“Newt Gingrich’s plan to keep Mitt Romney from winning the necessary delegates for the GOP nomination means the presidential contenders might have to form a deal in order to avoid a brokered convention, a leading Gingrich surrogate told The Hill.

“Former Sen. Bob Smith (R-N.H.) said an agreement between the candidates would be preferable to taking the fight to the convention floor in Tampa, Fla., this August.

“‘If the four candidates that are involved decide to somehow put delegates together to make somebody the nominee based on the delegates they’ve earned I don’t think I’d call that a backroom deal,’ he said. ‘A brokered convention [could] go against the wishes of all the voters and maybe pick someone who wasn’t even running. No one I know wants a brokered convention.’”

***

“He insisted in his election-night speech that he was going forward — ignoring that he’s lost every one of the last 30 contests except for Georgia, his home state.

“‘Newt’s been dead for awhile, but now we’ve got proof,’ cracked Murphy.

“In a sign that Gingrich is increasingly out of options, a senior adviser to his campaign began floating the idea of a fusion ticket between the two remaining Romney alternatives.

“‘Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would make a powerful team against Barack Obama,’ wrote the adviser in an email.”

***

“As we can see, Romney won roughly the same share of the vote in all four states [SC, GA, AL, MS] – something within a very narrow band of 26 percent and 30 percent of the vote. The real shift last night came from Santorum surging at the expense of Newt Gingrich.

“We can also see this when we break it down into ideological groupings, above all ‘very conservative’ voters…

“Here we see a similar pattern – Mitt Romney holding in a very narrow band (between 18 percent and 24 percent) while Rick Santorum has surged by about 15 points at the expense of Newt Gingrich, who has declined by 15 points

“From a bigger picture, these results confirm what the RealClearPolitics average has been saying for about a month: Rick Santorum has eclipsed Newt Gingrich in the battle to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney.”

***

“Some have suggested that deep in his heart Gingrich fashions himself a modern Winston Churchill, called to lead his country at a critical moment in its history. But history — using Alabama and Mississippi as its surrogates — has spoken and it has declared that Newt is decidedly not Churchill and that he won’t be president. At least not President of the United States.

“As The Daily Caller’s Matt Lewis pointed out while calling for Gingrich to drop out, ‘if [Gingrich] truly believes Mitt Romney is a ‘Massachusetts moderate’ masquerading as a conservative, then he owes it to Republican voters to give former Sen. Rick Santorum a clean shot at wresting the nomination from him.’

“Tuesday night, Gingrich took the burn down the house strategy in refusing to get out. If he can’t win, he’ll torpedo Santorum’s chance of winning and intentionally or unintentionally give the nomination to his nemesis, Mitt Romney. Perhaps upon further reflection, he will put his ego aside and do the right thing by allowing the final two serious candidates standing to battle it out for the GOP nomination.”

***

“In a half-filled convention center ballroom in Rosemont, a Chicago suburb, a mix of supporters and the merely curious turned out to see the candidate speak, some holding ‘Don’t believe the liberal media!’ signs, a fixture of his rallies, which on this day could have been echoing his criticism of Mitt Romney’s anointment as the inevitable nominee…

“Mr. Gingrich envisions an outcome in which, almost by force of personality and will, he is acclaimed the nominee at a contested convention in August despite failing to win the popular vote in more than a couple of states…

“‘The problem with being a fighter is sometimes they don’t know when to quit,” said Mr. Campfield, a state senator who switched allegiance to Mr. Santorum before he won Tennessee on Super Tuesday. ‘You don’t realize it’s better to bow out gracefully.’”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 8

I just lost twenty minutes worth of work because of this auto refresh feature. What the hell HA!?!?

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You spent 20 min on a comment? Must have been good…

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

We need to set up a paypal account and all of us contribute for canopfor’s internet bill.

I guess some good comes out of those exhorbitant fees – they keep the Drywalls away.

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

“One of the great legends of political consulting is the Dog Food Problem: an apocryphal tale of a company that had the best packaging, the best advertising, the best marketing. But there was only one problem: the dog wouldn’t eat it. Forevermore we should no longer call it a Dog Food Problem. We should call it a Mitt Romney Problem.”

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Write whatever you’re writing on “word pad” and then paste it into the comment box.
JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Or use Firefox, esp with the “Lazarus” extension.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I’ve got to approve all comments right now. Trying to figure out how to turn that off.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

As an “admin” –> Dashboard –> Settings –> Discussion –>

Before a Comment Appears

[uncheck both boxes ...]

ShainS on March 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I’m a Military brat (Air Force/Navy) :)

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I’m a USMC bootcamp washout(coordination problem), and my husband’s a former Jarhead.

Spawn’s hoping to get into ROTC @ college this year. He needs to put on some weight over the summer.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Firefox and Ad blocker works for me.

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I just want everyone to know that I would vote for the perfect candidate even if he was a Mormon.

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Glad to note that your overriding value in this election is “butt sex.”

Ed Morrissey on March 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hehehe. Ed said butt sex!

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Everybody wants to rule the world.

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The Egress was on of P. T. Barnum’s most famous exhibits.

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’ve never been to a circus :( The closest thing I ever saw growing up was when the gypsies came to town.

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

What if he was a Moron? What then?

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

There are two Mormon churches here. I have absolutely no problem with Mormons.
There’s also 2-3 mosques-now those I have a major problem with.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I totally agreed with you, minus the fluking language…

lovingmyUSA on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Maybe they’re still having problems with the code. I left my computer for several hours, but didn’t close anything down. When I came back refresh was going. I thought it was only my computer, but maybe not.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

De nada! WP has great support. Good explanations at their site and real people have responded to my e-mails!

INC on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The mods here respect me and when I told them you take you out….they obeyed me.
Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Allah, are you already in bed or something?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

What if she wasn’t a Mormon?

Fallon on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I gotta go take a shower. I’m filthy.

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Glad to note that your overriding value in this election is “butt sex.” Had you read my post endorsing Santorum, you would have read about my overriding values. And if Mommy had let you read Hot Air in 2010, you would have read my defenses of GOProud at CPAC that year.

You’ll probably read this after you get home from school, or maybe on the library computer. Don’t spill your chocolate milk.

Ed Morrissey on March 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM

holy shiznit! Ed wrote to me! and he used the mom’s basement insult…so disappointing :(

Ed…I have more money and houses and land than you could ever wish for. I’m a rich motha smucker…believe that.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Last time I went to the circus was maybe 4 years ago. The animal trainer was being cruel to the cats.
I will never go to the circus again.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

As an “admin” –> Dashboard –> Settings –> Discussion –>

Before a Comment Appears

[uncheck both boxes ...]

ShainS on March 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

That is so cool, I’ve been on wordpress for two years and hadn’t found that.

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Ahhhh…I wondered what your ‘dog food’ comment was about last night.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hey Ed…how about that Sherrod apology? Wanna defend that?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

What if she wasn’t a Mormon?

Fallon on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

What if he was a Catholic who looked east Indian?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Ahhhh…I wondered what your ‘dog food’ comment was about last night.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I actually came up with it all by myself. This guy’s insight came later, like today.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Okay, enough with the Ed Morrissey-baiting. He is a very good man and you stopped being funny about this a couple of comments back.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

What if he was a Moron? What then?

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’d at least know he read Ace. :)

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The mods here respect me and when I told them you take you out….they obeyed me.
Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Allah, are you already in bed or something?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yeah!
Hey, AP: Clean up on aisle 666.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

When you murder babies all day what’s a little perversion on the side? Texas Planned Parenthood CEO Arrested For Indecent Exposure At Kids Baseball Field

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Firefox and Ad blocker works for me.
sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Yup. The “Lazarus” FF add-on is really more if you don’t use Adblocker.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Barnum’s American Museum was so popular that people would spend the entire day there. This cut into profits, as the museum would be too full to squeeze another person in. In classic Barnum style, old P.T. put up signs that said “This Way to the Egress.” Many customers followed the signs, not realizing that Egress was a fancy word for “Exit.” They kept on looking for this strange new attraction, the “Egress”. Many patrons followed the signs right out the door! Once they had exited the building, the door would lock behind them, and if they wanted to get back in, they had to pay another admission charge!

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

You Fools! Don’t you know I’m the only one who can save the country from Obama, I mean Romney? Help me, Santorum! We can do it together, if you’ll throw all your support to me! Fools, all of you!

A moment of silence, please, while we mourn the loss of sanity of Newton Leroy Gingrich.

Confutus on March 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I’d at least know he read Ace. :)

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Since I don’t read Ace (a) I’m obviously not a Moron (b) I don’t know what it is about Ace that makes those who read it Morons.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Newt will reevaluate his position after LA primary..:)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Yup. The “Lazarus” FF add-on is really more if you don’t use Adblocker.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for the tip on Lazarus. I hadn’t seen that before.

BakerAllie on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

People have been institutionalized in mental hospitals for being less delusional.

RasThavas on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Yup. The “Lazarus” FF add-on is really more if you don’t use Adblocker.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

What does Lazarus do for you?

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Ahhhh yes, the travelling bands of gypsies….I remember them well…

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Jailbreak got turned down by Sandra Fluke. HA HA HAA HAHA HA AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

…so did that one guy who posts here, that blows up his vinyl dates!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

much to my horror, I discovered today that my mid-sized west Texas City actually has TWO Murder Incs. I knew about the small one-but THIS one is maybe 2 1/2 times larger. They’re obviously catering to the black community and the co-eds.
*grrrr*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

What does Lazarus do for you?

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Nothing, it just sit’s there and look pretty… /s :P

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Well, you know they do say that a lot of influential people read this blog….

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’ll go back on topic for a minute.

Some pundit (don’t remember who) said several weeks ago that if Santorum and Gingrich wanted to defeat Mitt, they should both stay in until the proportional elections are finished. In April, when things go to winner take all, then only one should stay in.

INC on March 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’m gonna say one thing. Then I’m going back to work. You ever wonder why they’re are so many trolls around here? Just remember some of you don’t like me because I like to snuff em. Fine! One day this place will become a total HeII hole. The merger sucked more then open reg. Do I still love this place? Yes! It just pisses me off from time to time. Look at some of the absolute crap you have to read thru here. Just look. : ( Meanwhile WP has it set up for one liners. Great idea WP.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Yer crackin’ up, Newt. It ain’t gonna happen. Face it, the only candidate left standing who can possibly pull up to Romney for the nomination is Santorum. And his chances are thin.

minnesoter on March 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I don’t know what it is about Ace that makes those who read it Morons.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Heh. You should go. Ace calls the people who visit and comment “Morons”. As America is peopled with Americans, so Ace is peopled with Morons.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

oh, you never think I’m funny :)

but I was actually serious on the last comment…ED! why did you apologize to a racist who gave a racist speech to a bunch of racist people who laughed at every smuckin’ racist thing she said?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Ahhhh yes, the travelling bands of gypsies….I remember them well…

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Ahh the memories!!..I had that single on a 45LP..I think I played it so much I wore the record out..:)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I’m a member in good-standing of Ace’s FB group. I’m a ‘Moronette’. Guys are ‘morons’. We wear the badge with pride and SHUT UP LANCE!
**glares at Lanceman*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Newt will reevaluate his position after LA primary..:)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Is it proportional or winner-take-all?

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Dire Straits QOTD song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBtikM5kizc&feature=fvwrel

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Thank you for that!! Every time I see something here that I don’t understand, I google it and google failed me this time.

I didn’t know what an Edsel or a Rambler was until a couple weeks ago when it came up in Chevy Volt thread You have idea how much I’ve learned from the posters here at HA.

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Is it proportional or winner-take-all?

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I believe it is the last proportional.

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

**glares at Lanceman*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Why do I get the feeling that being in good standing means you have actually been to the ER for lighting your own farts?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Ahhhh…I wondered what your ‘dog food’ comment was about last night.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I used to post on “The Hill” day and night years ago, so much so they offered me a job, or at least asked to apply for one. TWICE I caught Rush using stuff from my comments.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Allah, are you already in bed or something?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Apparently so.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Lourdes on March 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Welcome back.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Uh, I wasn’t aware I left such that I’d have now returned. But, thanks, I think.

Lourdes on March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You spent 20 min on a comment? Must have been good…

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I’ve done that 4 or 5 times…so now I don’t!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for the tip on Lazarus. I hadn’t seen that before.
BakerAllie on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

You’re welcome. I used to use it, but I rarely experience data input input anymore using just FF w/Adblocker. Drudge still does the ol’ auto-refresh on me, though.

One alternative for folks might be to turn off javascript in their browser. That might stop auto-refresh, but it may also stop a comment from posting.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Do they all belong to LDS, the “Latter Day Stupids”???

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Chudi? That you?

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

SWalker on March 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Then it is doubtful he will leave after Louisiana. If he gets out, it will be after a big loss and not a near tie.

alwaysfiredup on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

wrong.

Good people…and I don’t have to watch my language. LoL
*I shouldn’t curse anyway-but that’s another topic.*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM

??? This site is not auto refreshing for me. I am using the latest IE.

Vince on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Is it proportional or winner-take-all?

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Louisiana Republicans choose their delegates through a convoluted process, with caucuses coming a month after the primary, while a few grand panjandrums get automatic tickets to Tampa. The GOP race is so tight this time that Louisiana might for once have a role to play. Santorum will doubtless neglect no opportunity to denounce heresy.

FYI..:)

Dire Straits on March 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Do they all belong to LDS, the “Latter Day Stupids”???

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Um. Doubt it. Ace is … blasphemic. In general.

alwaysfiredup on March 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Come on ED! defend yourself! at least say my mommy keeps me locked in the basement!

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

What if she wasn’t a Mormon?

Fallon on March 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

What if he was a Catholic who looked east Indian?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Mormontheman, would you vote for the woman who isn’t a Mormon or the man who is a Catholic? I would.

Fallon on March 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

FYI..:)

Dire Straits on March 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

“panjandrum” is now my word of the day. Indian origin, yes?

alwaysfiredup on March 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Just caught The Iron Lady. Too much emphasis on the dementia, but I can see why they used it as a device to have imaginary conversations with her dead husband. Wanted to see much more of her struggle to become Prime Minister and the challenges of her stewardship, which was a bit breezed over. But conservative values were triumphed throughout, and Streep was magnificent.

John the Libertarian on March 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Living in Southern Idaho…
And my brother marrying a with a woman that is Mormon….

I know that Mormons aren’t Martians from Outerspace ..Well Mitt….can’t tell..

But if he believed in the Individual Mandate…On a nation….

He is no Mormon…..

From what I have learned about the Mormon religion…

Something else must drive him….
Let me guess…

Politician.

Is Obama a Mormon or a politician?

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Good one from the world’s most underrated band.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Ah…the much vaunted ‘Einsteinian brilliance’ I’ve heard so much about. So, what happened in the meantime? TBI?

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

The internet was designed specifically to be a research and data analysis tool. Google works really well, but you have to learn to use it. It takes practice and experience.

Way back in the stone ages, when I was in college (the 80′s), we had the luxury of doing internet searches, BWAHAHAHAHA… OK, we had the luxury of paying a librarian to run searches for us. I’m pretty sure my librarian hated me…

SWalker on March 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

You’d vote for a Mormon? Wow. That’s a shocker.

alwaysfiredup on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Chudi? That you?

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

don’t know chudi :) but if you ever want to visit my 1000 acre estate and shoot some guns, you’re always welcome :)

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Allah Why did the auto refresh vape my comment that I was working on?
Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Auto-refresh don’t care. Auto-refresh don’t give a whit.

whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

AutoRefresh controlled by the browser that’s in use by the user trying to post a comment or otherwise, read a website.

See “Tools” in Firefox or “Settings/Internet” in IE.

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yup. The “Lazarus” FF add-on is really more if you don’t use Adblocker.
whatcat on March 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

What does Lazarus do for you?
sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

It raises you from the dead, obviously.
:D
Actually it keeps your text input when using the Firefox browser, so that if you get “off page” and go back the text should still be there:
“Never lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, “recover form”, and breathe a sigh of relief.”

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Man, this qotd is already suckin’.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Is Obama a Mormon or a politician?

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

He is a Communist Muslim Politician.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Do they all belong to LDS, the “Latter Day Stupids”???

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

That might be construed as insulting by members of the real LDS, who don’t realize that they are reading a transformative piece of commentary by an Einsteinian-like genius./

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

INC on March 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Very, very difficult for me to accept that you’re the same person who writes what you write on your site (your ID’s link) and then writes what you wrote earlier today on that Ann Coulter post. Remarkably split-perspectives.

Lourdes on March 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I’m a MEMBER of that group.
We’re weird. We’re annoying-but we ain’t dumb.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Vince on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It seems that ever since the last site trouble it has started acting differently with different browsers. I got off FF because its was screwy , went to chrome which I have always liked and used on and off. I can’t stand Safari anymore because it acts like a pig( no offense arnold). So I think I will just go back to the way I have always done QOTD before I could comment here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_book No one gives a crap anyway.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

*grrrr*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Let’s hope Texas is successful at cutting off some of their funding. A good start.

slickwillie2001 on March 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Gotta go to the gun store tomorrow and get some shorts. Big raccoon in the back yard at night. Wish I had a laser dot on my Ruger.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Does that gracious invitation extend to all of us, even if we don’t think you’re funny? But more importantly — what kind of cake would you be serving?

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Lourdes on March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thought you would be busy on the other thread. I have had the same problem Bmore had. I was working for twenty minutes or so on a piece supporting you on that thread.. it was going to be a gang-bang Lourdes thread- I thought…and it froze…then was gone! I’ve only done that 4 or 5 times since I’ve been here…and each time..I lose everything…so I give up…and stick with my short insults, and comments. Oh well!

KOOLAID2 on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

PTSD

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

wrong.

Good people…and I don’t have to watch my language. LoL
*I shouldn’t curse anyway-but that’s another topic.*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Is that an offer to GUESS? Alright then.
To be in good standing, you must pick the sickest definitions in the Urban Dictionary and act them out on each other?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

My wife has called for a movie…..
Privately…….

Got to go.

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

cynccook on March 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Frankly my dear…but I repeat myself.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

It raises you from the dead, obviously.
:D

whatcat on March 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

OK, thanks. Well I have ABP and I like that a lot. I will never go back to IE.

sharrukin on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

He is a Communist Muslim Politician.

Igor R. on March 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Truth…..

Electrongod on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Not one stinkin’ troll.

Now do you clowns see why I don’t want trolls banned? I might as well go to bed soon.

Lanceman on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

We occasionally post pix of cats or kids-but mostly it’s politics.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Pretty excellent article, like it and agree, but also agree it’s not HA material. HA is Corporate now…Corpse-orations ;) have to play it safe.

Bookmarked the site.

Who is John Galt on March 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Good one from the world’s most underrated band.

tom daschle concerned on March 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

How you been doing? I take it Allah’s stern warning about staying on topic within the thread is being ignored. Hard to enforce I guess.

Bmore on March 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song.
Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My contribution is for the Girls – not related to the Newt topic, just felt like it.

MontanaMmmm on March 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM