Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on March 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Gingrich no longer says he can capture the 1,144 delegates required to wrap up the Republican nomination. Instead, he now speaks frankly about a new plan: Keep Romney from getting to 1,144 by the end of the GOP primary season in June, and then start what Gingrich calls a ‘conversation’ about who should be the Republican nominee. That conversation, the plan goes, would lead to a brokered GOP convention at which Gingrich would emerge as the eventual nominee.

“‘Our goal first is to keep Romney well below 1,000,’ Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond said an hour before Gingrich addressed a small crowd of disappointed supporters gathered at the Wynfrey Hotel. ‘It doesn’t have to be 1,000, or 1,050 — it has to be below 1,100.’ If Gingrich succeeds, Hammond continued, ‘This will be the first time in our party in modern politics that we’re going to go to the convention floor.’…

“But the Washington establishment, or more accurately the East Coast establishment, is about to declare Gingrich dead. After Tuesday’s primary, reporters from the Washington Post and New York Times were leaving the Gingrich campaign; it’s not clear how regularly the papers will cover Gingrich from now on. That’s a sign of establishment rejection that Gingrich would relish — he’s scored a lot of political points attacking the media — but the real worry is that the Gingrich campaign might slowly fade from press coverage. And then — far more ominously — those 175,000 donors might begin to lose their enthusiasm, along with their resolve to give again.”

***

“‘We’re actually helping because between us – Santorum and I – are stopping Romney,’ Gingrich said…

“If Gingrich drops out, he argues, two things will happen:

“1) His vote gets divided between Santorum and Romney. A larger percentage would go to Santorum, but at least some goes to Romney, allowing him to accumulate more delegates; and,

“2) Romney is then able to aim all of his considerable firepower at Santorum, destroying him with negative ads the way he twice destroyed Gingrich (in Iowa and Florida).”

***

“Newt Gingrich’s plan to keep Mitt Romney from winning the necessary delegates for the GOP nomination means the presidential contenders might have to form a deal in order to avoid a brokered convention, a leading Gingrich surrogate told The Hill.

“Former Sen. Bob Smith (R-N.H.) said an agreement between the candidates would be preferable to taking the fight to the convention floor in Tampa, Fla., this August.

“‘If the four candidates that are involved decide to somehow put delegates together to make somebody the nominee based on the delegates they’ve earned I don’t think I’d call that a backroom deal,’ he said. ‘A brokered convention [could] go against the wishes of all the voters and maybe pick someone who wasn’t even running. No one I know wants a brokered convention.’”

***

“He insisted in his election-night speech that he was going forward — ignoring that he’s lost every one of the last 30 contests except for Georgia, his home state.

“‘Newt’s been dead for awhile, but now we’ve got proof,’ cracked Murphy.

“In a sign that Gingrich is increasingly out of options, a senior adviser to his campaign began floating the idea of a fusion ticket between the two remaining Romney alternatives.

“‘Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would make a powerful team against Barack Obama,’ wrote the adviser in an email.”

***

“As we can see, Romney won roughly the same share of the vote in all four states [SC, GA, AL, MS] – something within a very narrow band of 26 percent and 30 percent of the vote. The real shift last night came from Santorum surging at the expense of Newt Gingrich.

“We can also see this when we break it down into ideological groupings, above all ‘very conservative’ voters…

“Here we see a similar pattern – Mitt Romney holding in a very narrow band (between 18 percent and 24 percent) while Rick Santorum has surged by about 15 points at the expense of Newt Gingrich, who has declined by 15 points

“From a bigger picture, these results confirm what the RealClearPolitics average has been saying for about a month: Rick Santorum has eclipsed Newt Gingrich in the battle to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney.”

***

“Some have suggested that deep in his heart Gingrich fashions himself a modern Winston Churchill, called to lead his country at a critical moment in its history. But history — using Alabama and Mississippi as its surrogates — has spoken and it has declared that Newt is decidedly not Churchill and that he won’t be president. At least not President of the United States.

“As The Daily Caller’s Matt Lewis pointed out while calling for Gingrich to drop out, ‘if [Gingrich] truly believes Mitt Romney is a ‘Massachusetts moderate’ masquerading as a conservative, then he owes it to Republican voters to give former Sen. Rick Santorum a clean shot at wresting the nomination from him.’

“Tuesday night, Gingrich took the burn down the house strategy in refusing to get out. If he can’t win, he’ll torpedo Santorum’s chance of winning and intentionally or unintentionally give the nomination to his nemesis, Mitt Romney. Perhaps upon further reflection, he will put his ego aside and do the right thing by allowing the final two serious candidates standing to battle it out for the GOP nomination.”

***

“In a half-filled convention center ballroom in Rosemont, a Chicago suburb, a mix of supporters and the merely curious turned out to see the candidate speak, some holding ‘Don’t believe the liberal media!’ signs, a fixture of his rallies, which on this day could have been echoing his criticism of Mitt Romney’s anointment as the inevitable nominee…

“Mr. Gingrich envisions an outcome in which, almost by force of personality and will, he is acclaimed the nominee at a contested convention in August despite failing to win the popular vote in more than a couple of states…

“‘The problem with being a fighter is sometimes they don’t know when to quit,” said Mr. Campfield, a state senator who switched allegiance to Mr. Santorum before he won Tennessee on Super Tuesday. ‘You don’t realize it’s better to bow out gracefully.’”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

For the three or four people that might care, I would like to announce that I will no longer be posting in the Green Room. Due to an article I posted that Ed found offensive, my privileges have been revoked. While I thought it could have been handled a bit better, I completely understand where Ed is coming from, and I respect his decision. This is his job, his livelihood. For me, this is a hobby and a lark.

This is actually somewhat fortuitous for me, because I had been mulling over the possibility of creating my own site. For the moment, I have created one. The primary reason was to make the article in question available to those who were interested. It can be found at MadisonConservative.com, which links to a WordPress blog I set up as a stepping stone to creating what I actually have in mind. Profanity warning, obviously.

For now, I will be concentrating mostly on creating a fairly steady stream of content. Not all of it will be political, and much of it will be as profane as I’ve ever been. I welcome any and all to drop by, and tell me how much I suck. So far, I’ve only had one person claim they notified the Secret Service, and I’m hoping to get similar sentiments in the near future.

As the site and the events related to it occurred today, I’m posting this in today’s QOTD, since it’s off-topic. I might post it once or twice in coming days in order to let friends here know, but I do not intend to overly promote the site on here. I will link what I write to my Twitter feed.

I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to Hot Air for granting me the opportunity to have a voice on their excellent blog, and most especially to Allahpundit, for sticking up for my big mouth here and there.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I always have and always will read whatever you post with great interest, MadCon.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

you’re very gracious towards Ed. You’re also a far better blogger than Ed. I’m not the gracious type :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

For what it’s worth, I agree 100% with that post and think you were treated too harshly here.

You’re still wrong about gay marriage though.

Rebar on March 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

..because it’s allllll abbbbouuuuuttt meeeeee and Calista!

To quote the guy over on Breitbart TV, “I liked Gingrich’s campaign when it was just a well-financed book tour.”

The War Planner on March 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hey! Where’s your comment section???

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well that’s too bad, I never commented in the GR but I like to peruse the topics. Banning from posting seems pretty harsh though. But look on the bright side, you got 3 years out of it.

Are you sure you didn’t get banned for being from Wisconsin?

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

He’s historic alright……

His EGO belongs on Mount Rushmore.

GET LOST NEWT!!

PappyD61 on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I don’t always agree with you, but you stick to your guns.

Best of luck to you madcon.

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Hang in there Newt!

Just in case….

Electrongod on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I enjoy your perspective MadCon and I hope you keep writing. Bookmarked your site. Hopefully you will still hang out in the comments with us misfits.

BakerAllie on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

So the new Conventional Wisdom is: Newt is still very angry that Clinton Romney made him sit in back with the reporters beat his tail with an avalanche of negative ads in Iowa. So Mr. Gingrich is willing to cut off his nose to spite his face cut off his nose to spite his face, in order to get even.

N’est pas?
:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Interesting that all Romney shills are pressuring Newt to drop out. Wonder why./s

promachus on March 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM

MESSAGE TO SANTORUM CAMPAIGN.

Stop wishing your competition will go away and just UP YOUR GAME.

Win it on your own merits, on your ideas and message.

PappyD61 on March 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM

“If Gingrich drops out, he argues, two things will happen:

No, Newt. If you drop out, it’s a genuine 1-on-1 race between Santorum and Mittens and the voters can decide who they’d like to go with as their nominee. If you stay in the race, Romney is guaranteed to win the nomination. It may take a few more months, but it will eventually happen.

Doughboy on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

You don’t tug onto Supermans cape or spit into the wind.

gerrym51 on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Hey! Where’s your comment section???

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You have to click on the post. Comments don’t show up on the main page.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

GET LOST NEWT!!

PappyD61 on March 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

But I will say…
Get Lost Obama!

That we can agree upon.

Electrongod on March 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

EgoNewt wants to prove that ex-girlfriend Nancy P. was wrong about him.

FlaMurph on March 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I’ve always found that the more blind rage and onscenity you cram into a statement, the more persuasive you are and the more respect you earn. You know, like Louis CK.

***

Ironically, the only realistic chance that Newt has to get a brokered convention is to withdraw so that Santorum has a chance in the upcoming winner-take-all primaries. Splitting the vote will give delegates to Romney in huge and unbeatable tranches.

urban elitist on March 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

MadCon is the best blogger on this site. Nice job Ed.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I realize all you not-romney people enjoy seing him squirm, but the people you are supporting are truly pathetic. At least Romney had the wherewithal to get out of the way when the math no longer added up 2008.

rubberneck on March 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

How about stopping Obama. Whatever happened to that part?

SlaveDog on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Ed won’t let you curse. Boo-flinkin’-hoo.
You whine more than a teenage girl.
Ed/AP/Tina’s house-THEIR rules.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Gingrich is best positioned to beat Obama in November, and he knows it. Why should he drop out?

Nexialist on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

You have to click on the post. Comments don’t show up on the main page.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah, I saw it. I’m excited for you! Write something brilliant and less profane and I’ll betcha Allah will link you in Headlines…. :-)

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well, it did not offend me. Good luck with your blog!

bluemarlin on March 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

We eat our own!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Newt is a sick, delusional piece of human refuse. He is claiming once again that he is trying to achieve the opposite of what he is actually doing.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Ed won’t let you curse. Boo-flinkin’-hoo.
You whine more than a teenage girl.
Ed/AP/Tina’s house-THEIR rules.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

what?!?! I’ve never cursed on this site and I challenge you to show me where I have. You can’t, cause you’re just an annoying little twerp :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

acknowledge move on newtie

love ya, but it’s just not going to happen

cmsinaz on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

rubberneck on March 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

He lost to John McCain

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!
-jb

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

But, it gives us a chance to sharpen our pseudo-cursing…

(Boo-flinkin’-hoo was a nice touch, btw.)

I like the classics (h/t Johnny Dangerously;)

Bastiges! Farging Ice-holes!

massrighty on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Im honestly asking does anyone supporting Newt see him emerging as the nominee at a brokered convention?

ldbgcoleman on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Nexialist on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Maybe because this Country needs to be whip-lashed by Obama some more…

I don’t know….

Apparently Americans are comfortable with less freedom..er.. I mean..
told what to do….

Electrongod on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Best of Luck MadCon

cmsinaz on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Newt is addicted to attention. He wants everyone to care about his opinion and that’s his real reason for staying in.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I liked it. Ship it to Ace. He’d love it.

I won’t say what I’d like to say to Joe the commenter, though.

Hang in there, Noot!

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

massrighty on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

‘And remember-crime DOESN’T pay!…Well it paid a little.’

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Like Palin, Gingrich is an elitist who is unwilling to accept the judgement of the great mass of GOP Primary voters. They want the decision to be made by insiders.

The choice for Republicans is clear. Vote for the outsider who did not make his fortune in Washington, or any other political arena. As an added bonus he is the only one with the intelligence, education, experience and executive ability needed to begin fixing the fiscal debacle we are facing.

Basilsbest on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A moon colony is missing its idiot.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

ldbgcoleman on March 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I think at a brokered convention, the conservative base simply won’t support Romney, and the “establishment” types won’t support Santorum.

Newt is perfectly positioned to bridge between those groups.

Rebar on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Oh you can curse here but the strange and capricious filter sometimes blocks it, sometimes not. I’ve given up trying to figure out what really is allowed but I DO know that us Red Dawn fantasists are closely monitored.

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

You work for Santorum, don’t you?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Newt cares about the country about as much as about his first two wives.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

What with this “brokered convention” idea? Who are these brokers, anyway?

SlaveDog on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

MadCon compared to Ed? no effin’ (not a curse word twerp :-) contest.

Give me some MadCon with extra MadCon

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Peeing into radiators?

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Weren’t you whining on an earlier thread about how Ed was stifling your freedom of speech or something?
I think you were.
*cocks head*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You work for Santorum, don’t you?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Where this THAT come from???

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Good bleepity bleeping evening, Lancer. :-)

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Keep the sentiment, but you need to get rid of the SEIU picket line language. Ed’s trying to run a classy joint–not an outpost of Occupy Wall Street.

RBMN on March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

rubberneck on March 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Too bad he didn’t have the wherewithal to stay out of the way in 2012.

Btw, he doesn’t 1144 yet.

Bitter Clinger on March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

You work for Santorum, don’t you?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Igor just has a thing against Newt for some reason.

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hey! Where’s your comment section???

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You have to click on the post. Comments don’t show up on the main page.

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

so what am I doing wrong? I get a signal no blog is there….and there’s Green Room stuff from March 1 and other junk!
Clue the koolaid retard!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Good luck to you MadCon. As a former Commie from Eastern Europe who keeps up on all the bad news over there, let me know if you need some help.

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I think you were.
*cocks head*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

hehehehe…no, I was just joking twerp :) you can usually assume that’s what I’m doing.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Wolverines…!

d1carter on March 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Where this THAT come from???

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh good grief, I’ve caused you to lose your command of the English language. I’m sorry, it was just kind of a joke! (It’s not true, though, right?) But you do seem extra angry with Newt and the only person he’s really hurting in this protracted campaign right now is Santorum. For a while there you seemed like you had mellowed toward the Newtster.

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

but the people you all of us are supporting are truly pathetic. At least Romney had the wherewithal to get out of the way when the math no longer added up it became clear McLame and Suckabee were playing him for a sap in 2008.

rubberneck on March 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Fixed for accuracy

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

From another thread

I have a feeling, no matter the winner, we end up with this general feeling..

“You arrogant bastard, you’ve killed us”

bluemarlin on March 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM

bluemarlin on March 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

You’re a warrior. Best of Luck!

Fallon on March 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

you may have gone to his older effort madisionconservative.blogspot.com.

Click on the link in MadCons’ post at the top of the page, or go to madisonconservative.com

massrighty on March 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Good bleepity bleeping evening, Lancer. :-)

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This is how I do it @ work:

How the frooky-mooky are you?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

For those that might of missed Newts speech from last night,here
ya go!
——-

Watch Newt Gingrich’s Full Speech After Ala., Miss. Primaries
on Mar 13, 2012
(Video-11:29)
**************

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich addressed a crowd of supporters Tuesday night in Alabama, after he was the projected runner-up in that state’s and neighboring Mississippi’s primaries. He congratulated Rick Santorum on his wins while taking a swipe at fellow Republican Mitt Romney. “If you’re the frontrunner and keep coming in third, you’re not much of a frontrunner,” he said.
============================================================

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Good bleepity bleeping evening, Lancer. :-)

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hi.

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Hey Madcon: I tried to leave a comment but it said I had to login. I thought I did.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You can’t say Negr0 either and rev0lution works only with certain people. You can however say “Cuban Invasion” so it’s not all bad.

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Wow. something new and different.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I’m guessing booze or under 21.

BakerAllie on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

What a shame. You will be missed.

Bee on March 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Thats great! Count me in.

katy the mean old lady on March 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Bishop:From the thread shutdown,of the Shooting Spree,lmao,
on your bobber going up and down,and Get Off My Lake,
hahaha!—–:)

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM

They just take a while to appear. Hence my two similar comments :-(

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

All that hate is going to burn you up.

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m not finding MadCons site – I’m retarded…I’m getting Green Room stuff! Help?

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Newt is perfectly positioned to bridge between those groups.

Rebar on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

My thoughts exactly. We have to unite behind a candidate to win. We may not be able to unite behind Santorum or Romney.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Like Palin, Gingrich is an elitist…

Basilsbest on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Oh, for heaven’s sake. You have to try really hard to be this absurd.

Fallon on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Sorry Comrade Newt, Rick wants no part of your deal.

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

the jackassery boggles the mind.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bishop on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

‘Revolution’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

HANG IN THERE NEWT…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on March 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Rick wants no part of your deal.

JPeterman on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Then Rick is foolish. Nothing we didn’t already know.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Well I’ve never liked Newt and of the remaining 3-4 only like Santorum to any degree, so that’s not surprising. When Newt was irrelevant, I didn’t really care about him.

Igor R. on March 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

MadisonConsevative:I always liked your style,and the handling of
the trolls……Rock On my friend…——-:)

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m not finding MadCons site – I’m retarded…I’m getting Green Room stuff! Help?

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You poor, poor differntly-abled person you: http://www.madisonconservative.com/

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

…what a bible version of the donkey you are!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I hate to see you will not be posting in the Green Room..:(

PS..Good luck with your blog..I will visit it often..:)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

ditto

cmsinaz on March 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

evenin’ DS :)

cmsinaz on March 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

someone try to say sesede but spell it correctly…good luck

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Like Palin, Gingrich is an elitist…

Basilsbest on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

If you mean that Sarah wants you to take care of you…..

Yep…
She’s elite…

Electrongod on March 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Jailbreak on March 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Man, you are losing it, son.
If you ever had it.

Lanceman on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Why not ask Romney to drop out ,he is not Republican nor conservative , he said that in the past, he belongs to the Dem. party since he governed like one .
Santorum is a whiny annoying angry man that people will find it very hard to get connected to him and support him. he will be toast if nom. and all the focus being on him.

evergreenland on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

MadisonConservative on March 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Sorry you were barred from making Green Room posts. If it helps, I was banned from FreeRepublic by good ole’ JimRob several years ago for laying into a pack of inbred neo-confederates and was booted from LGF by the weirdo on the bike a while back for defending Pam Gellar. Not like I’m going around inviting the banhammer, mind you, but a blog is just a blog. Write the truth inasmuch as any of us can know the truth and damn the consequences.

I don’t know the motivations of anyone else on here, but I post on these threads to work things out in debate, to clarify ideas, to figuratively and ideologically beat up on the occasional neo-nazi who wanders in from Stormfront. I don’t post anything on a political forum with the delusion any of it matters. The freelance work I get paid to write matters. This doesn’t.

troyriser_gopftw on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

This is how I do it @ work:

How the frooky-mooky are you?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I’m pretty boinkety-boinking good! Have you had a crunking good day?

cynccook on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much angst and thread turmoil…

I blame it on the GOP Primary Caucus NeverEnding,I do believe,
I’m getting the Primary 1000 yard stare!!(snark)

canopfor on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

MADCON: about your greenroom post…

I loved the piece. Really loved the piece.

Ed is now part of the fearful conservative elite who feel the need to invest in playing by the rules rather than speaking truth and possibly saving what’s left of our homeland.

I did notice recently that the word ‘revolution’ is now permissible…that’s a good sign.

BTW, in this last sentence, was this an epiphany or just a familiar phrase? I noticed you did capitalize the name. That too is a good sign….

Update: Oh, brilliant. The Taliban just tried to kill Panetta with a car bomb. Thank Christ the Marines were disarmed.

katy on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Seems like Newt hates ROmney more that he hated Clinton. He loved letting Clinton win battles.

Mormontheman on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Peeing into radiators?

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hat Tip sir..You have to be a real Red Dawn fan to spring that one..:):)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM