Mark Levin: I will donate $50,000 to Obama if he will debate me for one hour

posted at 6:00 pm on March 14, 2012 by Tina Korbe

On his radio show yesterday, Mark Levin echoed Sarah Palin’s invitation to Barack Obama to debate “the real issues.” He spiced up his request with an unexpected incentive, though. The talker promised to donate $50,000 to Obama’s campaign if Obama accepts his challenge.

“I see my friend Sarah Palin has challenged Obama to a debate, because now he’s running ads against her,” Levin said. “Come on. I’ll tell you what — I will give, are you ready for this Mr. Producer? I will give $50,000 to Obama’s Super PAC if he will debate me for one hour.”

Since Obama has been traveling the country in search of smaller donations, Levin asked, why not take him up on his bigger offer?

“Now he’s flying all over the country in exchange for meals and handshakes and photos,” Levin said. “People are giving a lot less than that. Just one hour, a debate. It doesn’t even have to be televised. In fact, we’ll do it right here on this program. [It would] be very professional, be very fair, equal time, just a debate.”

Would that this would come to pass — but Obama not only hasn’t accepted invitations to debate from Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin, he hasn’t even acknowledged them. It’s likely that Mark Levin’s invitation will meet the same fate. Obama doesn’t exactly need the $50,000, either. Sure, his fundraising has been down somewhat recently and, in the cash-collecting game, his Super PAC trails the Super PACs of the GOP candidates (although its fundraising is up 40 percent from last month, in large part because Obama gave the green light to donors to give to it), but, as of January 1, the Obama campaign still listed 444 individuals who had bundled at least $50,000 for his campaign. If he solicits $1 and $5 donations — or uses March Madness to try to increase interest in his campaign, it’s not really because he needs the cash. It’s just because he knows that a potential voter with skin in the game is more likely to go to the polls than a potential voter who has donated nothing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Mark Levin: I will donate $50,000 to Obama if he will debate me for one hour

Thats a pretty safe bet IMO. Little Bammy won’t show unless he can debate someone like McCain or Boehner.

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I’d pay $100 for a pay per view of the event!

bopbottle on March 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Never. Obama is an eunuch.

Schadenfreude on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Mark,Mark,Mark.

Obama wipes his keester with $10,000 dollar IOUs to China. $50,000 won’t even get you onto the White House Lawn.

portlandon on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I’d love to see it as as long as Levin wasn’t allowed to froth at the mouth and scream. Honestly, even if you agree with Mark Levin how can that style of his be anything but totally toxic to the soul? I say this is as someone who refuses to watch Schultz, Olby or Matthews either because of their irritating deliveries. But Levin’s hateful screed seems like it could induce negative stressors into the body.

libfreeordie on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Attention seeking behavior on display.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

If Obama anticipated being flush with Cash, he wouldn’t have told Pelosi and Reid no to the request for some of his cash.

I realize, things may change down the road as things solidify on the Republican side, but 50,000 is 50,000. Oh Arrogant One with Big Ears, please don’t pass up this cash…

Boy would I love for this to happen.

uhangtight on March 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

This is a good business move by Levin. If President Obama were to accept for some reason (he wouldn’t) Levin could probably make a huge return on his $50,000 investment with the ad revenue. If President Obama doesn’t accept then Levin still looks like a conservative stalwart with the stones to take on the pres.

KingOfTheRoad on March 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Obama is an eunuch.

Schadenfreude on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

That is an insult to eunuchs :)
They have self – respect

burrata on March 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Levin must be looking for a comedic boost by debating Obama.

VibrioCocci on March 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I like Mark Levin but I would be more interested in a debate between Obama and Ron Paul.

FloatingRock on March 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Never happen in a million years.

Warner Todd Huston on March 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Will never ever happen. 0 would be way outgunned. He ain’t that stupid.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

P.S. I would however pay huge $ to watch.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Who?

rndmusrnm on March 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Much too small. This man thinks in billions and trillions only.

thebrokenrattle on March 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Bad move Levin. Against the intellectual titan that is Baroque (he was a Professor at Harvard) you would fold like a cheap suit.

/LibFreeorGetABrain

CorporatePiggy on March 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Barry wants to know if he can bring his teleprompter.

GarandFan on March 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Attention seeking behavior on display.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I just don’t get it. Is it that nothing Conservatives do is worth any more of your time than a snarky comment? If so, why bother posting it?

Living4Him5534 on March 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Sheldon Adelson has suggested he may spend as much as $100 Million dollars to try and defeat Obama. He should offer to donate $10 million dollars to one of Obama’s superpacs if Obama will debate Levin. He should spend another 5 million advertising the offer.

If Obama debated Levin for an hour he would lose the election.

Kataklysmic on March 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

this won’t go over well :)

I think Levin would lose…guy’s a freakin’ idiot

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

$50K doesn’t by 1 second of Super Bowl advertising. It doesn’t buy a hour of time with a POTUS. Levin could have offered at least a mil for a proposition that wasn’t likely to be acknowledged.

KingOfTheRoad on March 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

OptionsTrader on March 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Attention seeking behavior on display.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Somebody left The Irony on, again.

Christien on March 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Obama should do a phone -debate with the Great One .
” Get off the phone you big dope ”
I’d pay to hear that when the teleprompted Hussein sprinkles his lies with uuh , uhhm, ohh, aah, nonono,ehh…

burrata on March 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

“Come on. I’ll tell you what — I will give, are you ready for this Mr. Producer Mista Baducer? I will give $50,000 to Obama’s Super PAC if he will debate me for one hour.”

Slight edit.

BobMbx on March 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Obama will accept, but on one condition: Fluke moderates.

Christien on March 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Obama sees 50,000 and thinks two more wind turbines!

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

One can dream. I’d love it.

pambi on March 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Who?

rndmusrnm on March 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

You might want to read the post.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Brutal! That’s like a cage fight between Man Mountain Mean (Mark) and a Kardashian worrying about breaking a nail (the other guy).

Pay per view. Give the proceeds to animal shelters. I’d pay for that.

vityas on March 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Mark Levin: I will donate $50,000 to Obama if he will debate me for one hour

Rogaineguy: I will pay $50,000 to see it

rogaineguy on March 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Attention seeking behavior on display.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Yeah I don’t get it. We would pay more attention to you if you had something of substance to say. Try it.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

The fact that Ogreedy is trying to tap March Madness for campaign donations is a clear sign that campaign finance reform needs some major reforming.

As for the debate challenges–he may not have acknowledged them, but did he go screaming from the WretchedHive when he learned of Levin’s challenge?

stukinIL4now on March 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Of course Obama has absolutely no incentive to debate Levin whatsoever, but I would pay to hear Levin say to Obama, “Get off the stage, you big dope!”

GOPRanknFile on March 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

This is all silly talk. Barry would never do it and no other president would either.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I think Levin would lose…guy’s a freakin’ idiot

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Really? The guy who cofounded the landmark foundation? The one guy in America who has done more to defend the constitution than every resident of Washington DC, man woman and child, combined?! Okay./

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

aka The Greatest Show on Earth

Levin would not only wipe the floor with Obama, he would burn down the house.

so-notbuyingit on March 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Barry’s already done a lot of stuff no other president has done. It ain’t just his skin color that makes him so unique.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Anyone else catch Levin’s forum at the Regan Library last Friday night? His command of the subject matter made it absolutely riveting.

The jug-eared jesus would spontaneously combust. Too bad he’s such a bloody coward.

Naturally Curly on March 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

How courageous for Levin to propose an event he knows would never happen.

AYNBLAND on March 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

“Get off the stage, you big dope!”

GOPRanknFile on March 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Now that right there would be worth the price of admission at darn near any cost.

Bmore on March 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

He won’t do this.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Thats a pretty safe bet IMO. Little Bammy won’t show unless he can debate someone like McCain or Romney Boehner.

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

FIFY

Norwegian on March 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I’ll donate $100 to Obama’s campaign if he does it. One condition: Levin gets to call him “dummy” twice. I’ll donate an extra $100 if Obama lets Levin call him “dummy’ two more times.

Nethicus on March 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

He won’t do this.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

No shit, sherlock. I don’t think he will either. But that’s not cowardice on Levin’s part.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

If Obama debated Levin for an hour he would lose the election.

Kataklysmic on March 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Amen to that.

There would be no contest. Obama would probably break down in tears.

so-notbuyingit on March 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I knew that wouldn’t go over well :) Sorry, but talk radio idiots are talk radio idiots. I’d like to see Paul Ryan debate prez…that would be fun :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Super ballsy of Levin to issue a challenge he knows will never be accepted and pair it with an amount of money that Obama probably has in his budget for feeding the First Dog.

After all the QE under his watch $50K won’t even cover one year of college (esp once you factor birth control).

InVinoVeritas on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

wait…was that a sarcasm comment? If so I’m very impressed by gry to the phon

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

How courageous for Levin to propose an event he knows would never happen.

AYNBLAND on March 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Dunno, I’m sure Michelle Antoinette Obama needs a new T-Shirt.

$50K would about cover it, no?

so-notbuyingit on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

FIFY

Norwegian on March 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Yeah…I was trying to be diplomatic.

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

/facepalm

Valkyriepundit on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Of course it doesn’t go over well because it’s not true. To dismiss Mark Levin as an idiot because he does talk radio is to write off every positive thing he has ever done for this country, and the list is long.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Debate? If Levin is both moderator and participant then it will look like he is taking more than his fair share of time, and I would expect O to take advantage of that among other things to talk for mor than his fair share of the time. So, Levin likely ends up looking bad and giving more than half the time to O. I call that a loss.

Besides the novelty value of such a debate, are there not already enough clip of O saying things that we disagree with and disect ad nauseum? So, I don’t expect O will come away from a debate changed, nor would I expect a listener to Levin’s show, even if they are an O worshiper, to change their mind, so this comes down to hoping to make O lose his cool or a gotcha moment? I’ve seen O recast the rare pointed question before with such arrogance as to drive the questioner back to fawning. If O refuses to rise to any bait and lies with arrogant aplomb, how would O lose? Hell, O could proablay use the damn debat in his own edited ads without those people knowing the difference. I think debating O would be like nailing teflon flavored cool blue jello to the wall. And if you doubt that please tell me one negative thing that has stuck to O in all of these years in the mind of the general populace.

AnotherOpinion on March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Dunno, I’m sure Michelle Antoinette Obama needs a new T-Shirt.

$50K would about cover it, no?

so-notbuyingit on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I hear she refuses to buy off the rack. I keed, I keed.

GOPRanknFile on March 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Levin debating Obama? $50,000

Levin intellectually gutting Obama? Priceless.

And Obama knows it.

AnonymousDrivel on March 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Mark, since you put a time limit on the debate, be sure to put a time limit on the answers. He can drone on and on and on and on….and never answer a simple question…

He would rattle on for an hour with the first question…

ladyingray on March 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

AnotherOpinion on March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

That’s a pretty reasonable assertion, though reasonable =/= correct. We won’t know for sure what sticks until we have the last and ultimate referendum on Obama’s first term.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.

I’ll debate Barry and donate $100,000 to his campaign. How about one million dollars? I’ve got just as much of a chance as Levin.

This whole thing is stupid.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

When Rush debated Al Gore on Nightline he mopped the floor with him. But yeah, Paul Ryan would eviscerate Obama. He gave us a taste at the healthcare summit.

Kataklysmic on March 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Tina do you really expect a sitting POTUS, GOP or Democrat, popular or unpopular, to accept an invitation to debate someone who is not the nominee of the opposition Party? Seriously?

Newt should concentrate on the GOP primary or justify the frigging $500 i donated to his campaign.

celticdefender on March 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

We’ll be lucky if he even debates the GOP nominee.

contrarytopopularbelief on March 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

This whole thing is stupid.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Then I assume if you listen to Levin, you’ll stop in protest. Or if you don’t listen to him, he’ll continue to roll in dollars from his advertisers and law practice while you sit on the sidelines and call him names. God bless America!

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I have dreams like this. He would absolutely own Baraka. He’s forgotten more about governance than Baraka ever knew.

CycloneCDB on March 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Dunno, I’m sure Michelle Antoinette Obama needs a new T-Shirt.

$50K would about cover it, no?

so-notbuyingit on March 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Slander! Moochelle only shops at Target.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Obama would be punching up. His intellectual ability is so overrated it’s unbelievable. And that has nothing to do with race. What little I know comes from trying to read as much Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams as possible.

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

You wanna talk about stupid, why would Obama agree to debate anyone not running for president six months out from the soonest political convention? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller…

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

pleeeeeeaaaaase….I could beat Levin, and I’m an idiot.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Kataklysmic on March 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

loved it when Paul eviscerated the Bamster after he was invited to be insulted.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

pleeeeeeaaaaase….I could beat Levin, and I’m an idiot.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Yeah. Sure you could. News flash, Champ. Yelling at your radio speakers doesn’t count when he doesn’t answer you back. You’d get eaten alive if you were even lucky enough to make it on the air with him.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.

This whole thing is stupid.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

you’ve got more of a chance than Levin…that guy’s dumb as a box of Baracks

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

pleeeeeeaaaaase….I could beat Levin, and I’m an idiot.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I halfway agree with you! /

sharrukin on March 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

pleeeeeeaaaaase….I could beat Levin, and I’m an idiot.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Well…you’re half-right.

kingsjester on March 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Along with the $50K will go an hour of primetime coverage, as this is certain to be covered and promoted by the major networks. That’s worth far more than the $50K.

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I seriously doubt the gry to the phon :) but go on and worship your talk radio God.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Who?

rndmusrnm on March 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Barack Obama

princetrumpet on March 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Ahh. Ad hominems. The last refuge of those bereft of actual arguments. Your ability to insult four people in one sentence is probably your most marketable skill.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

As it pertains to this issue, Mr. Levin is sitting on the sidelines right next to me along with you and everyone else.

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

but go on and worship your talk radio God.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Maybe I’m remembering the wrong guy, but I thought you were a conservative.

beatcanvas on March 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

pleeeeeeaaaaase….I could beat Levin, and I’m an idiot.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Well…you’re half-right.

kingsjester on March 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

could everyone stop with the obvious and stupid jokes? Jokes are supposed to be funny…just sayin’

Sharrukin…that actually was sorta funny :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Maybe I’m remembering the wrong guy, but I thought you were a conservative.

beatcanvas on March 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

maybe I’m remembering the wrong guy! Is it a requirement to love Mark Levin?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Why would Obama debate an expert on the US Constitution ?
Why would Obama debate a patriot for $ 50,000 when he can get
$ 1 mil from an anti-American potty mouth ?
Why would Obama work for money ???

burrata on March 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Ron Paul doesn’t hold a candle to Levin. Give me a break. Paul is a clown.

SuperBunny on March 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Is it a requirement to love Mark Levin?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Here’s the thing…

We have incredible people fighting the culture and ideological warfare with an entrenched leftist government, and they’re successful in doing (selling a million books is a good marker for success) – and then we have people like you who sit around and throw spitballs at those in the fight.

Mark Levin, through his battles at the Supreme Court on our behalf and through getting the message out to his listeners every day and through his books is doing more for the conservative cause than you could ever hope to do.

So to call him an idiot when he’s fighting for your freedom makes you look really ignorant.

beatcanvas on March 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

oh! I missed the part where levin was running for prez…sorry.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Any chance this will be remembered next time someone says Obama will have a billion dollars for no other reason than just because? I am sure his campaign would want that – and I can think of 4 GOP candidates who would also want that much – but wanting it won’t just make it happen.

McHughTimothy on March 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

hahahahahahaha…that’s your best comment so far. Brava!

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

beatcanvas on March 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

that would be true if he wasn’t an idiot…sorta defeats your argument.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I wonder if there’s some way we can get a “pool” going that would allow people donate $5 or $10 to add to Levin’s $50k. If we could boost it to a $million we should get some attention!

microfiction on March 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Now the trolls come out to play.

ghostwalker1 on March 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

oh! I missed the part where levin was running for prez…sorry.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

And I missed the part where superior debate opponent Paul Ryan was.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Dack Thrombosis on March 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Except that I’m not sitting on the sidelines when it comes time to throw down and vote. And neither are you. And neither is Levin. So my assertion stands. Quit listening to him and Levin has essentially lost nothing. Don’t start listening to him, and Levin has literally lost nothing.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

come on!

If I was gay I’d ramrod Ryan. freakin’ genius

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

We’ll be lucky if he even debates the GOP nominee.

contrarytopopularbelief on March 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

^^This. I think there will be one debate and then 0bama will have a “very busy schedule” so that he can’t attend anymore debates.

Mirimichi on March 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Now the trolls come out to play.

ghostwalker1 on March 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

the surest sign of a dimwit: asserting Levin is an idiot makes one a troll

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

come on!

If I was gay I’d ramrod Ryan. freakin’ genius

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

So Mark Levin is an idiot and you have a severe no-homo man crush on Paul Ryan. And that’s the best reason you can come up with for Ryan to debate Obama instead of Levin, knowing full-well that this is an academic thought exercise and that Obama isn’t going to debate anyone that doesn’t either fear him, agree with him, or isn’t running against him for office.

You know, when I said you insulted four people in one sentence, you never asked me who the other two people were besides myself and Levin. I think you’re insulting your parents in this thread for their apparent failure to see to it that you were properly educated.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

chill out gry to the phon! Who cares if I don’t like levin. Seriously?

and now I will ask you whom I insulted…four people sounds like a lot. I’d be sorry if that was true (it’s not)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM

funny how I can shut down a thread :) It’s almost like no one can challenge me. Sorry…I’m super smart and stuff.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM