Mark Levin: I will donate $50,000 to Obama if he will debate me for one hour

posted at 6:00 pm on March 14, 2012 by Tina Korbe

On his radio show yesterday, Mark Levin echoed Sarah Palin’s invitation to Barack Obama to debate “the real issues.” He spiced up his request with an unexpected incentive, though. The talker promised to donate $50,000 to Obama’s campaign if Obama accepts his challenge.

“I see my friend Sarah Palin has challenged Obama to a debate, because now he’s running ads against her,” Levin said. “Come on. I’ll tell you what — I will give, are you ready for this Mr. Producer? I will give $50,000 to Obama’s Super PAC if he will debate me for one hour.”

Since Obama has been traveling the country in search of smaller donations, Levin asked, why not take him up on his bigger offer?

“Now he’s flying all over the country in exchange for meals and handshakes and photos,” Levin said. “People are giving a lot less than that. Just one hour, a debate. It doesn’t even have to be televised. In fact, we’ll do it right here on this program. [It would] be very professional, be very fair, equal time, just a debate.”

Would that this would come to pass — but Obama not only hasn’t accepted invitations to debate from Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin, he hasn’t even acknowledged them. It’s likely that Mark Levin’s invitation will meet the same fate. Obama doesn’t exactly need the $50,000, either. Sure, his fundraising has been down somewhat recently and, in the cash-collecting game, his Super PAC trails the Super PACs of the GOP candidates (although its fundraising is up 40 percent from last month, in large part because Obama gave the green light to donors to give to it), but, as of January 1, the Obama campaign still listed 444 individuals who had bundled at least $50,000 for his campaign. If he solicits $1 and $5 donations — or uses March Madness to try to increase interest in his campaign, it’s not really because he needs the cash. It’s just because he knows that a potential voter with skin in the game is more likely to go to the polls than a potential voter who has donated nothing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I’m curious (and not trying to be confrontational), but what is it about Levin that makes him an idiot to you? His stance on certain issues, his style behind the microphone? Something else? Or maybe all of the above.

Moose Drool on March 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Now, now, he just got out of the dark closet and his thumb out of his mouth after Newt and Sarah asked him this. Levin may send him into complete meltdown thinking of the resulting debate, were it to happen!

bluemarlin on March 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I’d give Obama 30 seconds of “umms” before Levin let loose

“HANG-UP THE PHONE YOU DUMMY;”

peski on March 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Moose Drool on March 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

This I gotta hear.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Moose Drool on March 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

thankyou for the non insulting question :) I think talk radio is a lot like TV preachers. I don’t believe a word they say…it’s all about the money.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

This I gotta hear.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I already answered that one…pay attention.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Obumble would only agree to a debate if all the questions are asked by Chris Matthews and Brian Williams.

JayVee on March 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

and now I will ask you whom I insulted…four people sounds like a lot. I’d be sorry if that was true (it’s not)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I told you. Did you not bother reading the last thread I posted, Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius)? I said you insulted, me, Levin, and your parents for not properly educating you.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I’d go a step farther in asserting that not only do you not believe what they say, you don’t give a rat’s furry ass what else they do besides talk radio. Levin’s work with Landmark Legal is a great example of that. Slightly off-topic for this thread, but Rush’s work raising funds for Leukemia research and the Marine Corps Children’s Foundation would be more examples of Yeoman’s work you don’t give a flying Fluke about.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM

That wouldn’t be much of a debate. Two statists agreeing how the Executive can declare war without the approval of Congress.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

you’re gonna have to give me a time stamp and thread or else you’re full of it.

My parents are the best people I know.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM

somehow I’m not surprised you’re a Rush fan.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM

where’s that time stamp genius?

If you actually come up with one it will be hilarious because everything I say is a effin’ joke.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

yep…didn’t think so dumb@ss

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Mark levin is literally a constitutional scholar who has written briefs for the repeal of Obama care. Obama is an unconstitutional community organizer who is hell bent on destroying everything this country has stood for for over 200 years. He subverts and attacks every God given liberty fought for over the last 250 years. I would take Levin on this in a millisecond.

Also, I find his support of Ms Palin’s challenge to an obama debate quite chivalrous!

The Levins and Limbaughs may be talking heads to some but I am of the opinion they do an incredible job of keeping us on track while converting some along the way.

FLconservative on March 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Really? The guy who cofounded the landmark foundation? The one guy in America who has done more to defend the constitution than every resident of Washington DC, man woman and child, combined?! Okay./

gryphon202 on March 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yes, really. Levin’s knowledge of the Constitution wouldn’t fill a thimble.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM

FLconservative on March 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Mark Levin is in it for the cash money. Eff mark levin

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Mark Levin, “champion” and “scholar” of the Constitution who comes up against a true scholar and Constitutional historian, and tucks tail.

Link

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Yes, really. Levin’s knowledge of the Constitution wouldn’t fill a thimble.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM

levin’s knowledge! hahaha

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM

where did you go gry to the phon? wimped the eff out?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM

gry to the phon – dumbest motha effer on earth

you gonna come back now?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM

gry to the phon is a Pelosi fan!

you gonna come back now?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Yeah, I told Lebron James I’d give him 50,000.00 to play me one on one. He hasnt responded to my Facebook post yet either.

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

gry to the phon watches reality television! Specifically Jersy Shore…you gonna come back now?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Exactly. He’s pretty brave throwing out a challenge he knows won’t be accepted.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

pvssy

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

JugEars won’t debate Sarah Palin or Mark Levin…only fake Rebublicans!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Politricks on March 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

was this you :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

levin is an idiot…but mom jeans would still lose

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM

peski on March 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Get it right: it’s “get off the phone ya big dope!!”

affenhauer on March 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

where in the heck is gry to the phon? It’s almost like he’s the dumbest person alive and stuff!

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM

You don’t need Obama to debate, or even to acknowledge the offer(s).
What does need to happen is to point out that he’s quick to use adds to go after private citizens, like the Koch brothers. Or that he’s quick to go after other private citizens such as Palin, and feels the need to heavily edit and take out of context her words to make his points.
Problem one is, they play the tune, we dance to it. Change the dynamic.

mc4ever59 on March 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

gry! you’re dumber than my dog…and my dog is really effin’ dumb.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM

oh well, I guess gry to the phon is just an effin’ pvss

whatevs

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I love the great one, however, this is one of those be careful what you wish for moments. Obama’s not getting many donations and he’d love a legitimate $50 grand so he might do a debate with Mark, but he’ll set the terms and they certainly won’t be in favor of Mark Levin.

bflat879 on March 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM

@DHChron You may want to listen to Levin’s show tomorrow: even chance you’ll get what probably passes as your 15 minutes…

affenhauer on March 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

You may want to listen to Levin’s show tomorrow:

affenhauer on March 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Why in the world would anyone want to do that?

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 9:08 PM

affenhauer on March 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I’m not a fifteen minutes kind of guy…I think you have me confused with flukeing Sandra

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

gryphon’s a pvssy

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Obama wouldn’t dare take Levin up on this offer. He’s a chickensh*t bully.

disa on March 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

yes…levin is a chickensh!t bully…so’s Obama, so this would be one worthless debate.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

This isn’t a bad idea but let’s take it to another level. Let’s start a “Obama Debate Charity Fund” with all the proceeds going to a charity that benefits children and women. It’d be great if a deep-pocketed conservative or libertarian offered to give millions to charity if Obama will have a real debate with someone like Levin. That way, by refusing to debate, it’s Obama who is depriving “the children”. Once he refuses, the donation will still be made.

rokemronnie on March 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Levin said tonight that Romney may not be deserving of the nomination because he hasn’t shown he can win the more conservative states. Huh? Has either Gingrich or Santorum shown they can win the less conservative states? No. So that makes them equally undeserving using Levin’s logic.

This election is going to be won in the swing states like Ohio, PA, Kentucky, North Carolina and Missouri, not red states like Oklahoma or Alabama. Romney will get the red states, and unlike Gingrich and Santorum he’ll win the swing states.

jan3 on March 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I’ve learned that I don’t have to point out to every rectal orifice on the internet that they’re the effluent end of humanity’s alimentary canal. Just letting them post a few comments makes it clear to all.

rokemronnie on March 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM

rokemronnie on March 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM

that’s harsh! sure hope you’re not dissing me :) I got mad vocab skills too :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

gryphon’s a scared wittle pvssy

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM

DhChron-
Stop trolling. You should be banned.

Yitzchokm on March 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

DhChron-
Stop trolling. You should be banned.

Yitzchokm on March 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

you should be an idiot…wait, you are!

free speech is a bisnatch, ain’t it?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

yitzchokm is a pvssy

also…what the heck is a yitzchokm? Sounds like a commie to me.

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM

DhChron-
I just counted you using the “eff” word over ten times on this page alone.
Don’t flood the thread with your personal nonsense.
It has nothing to do with free speech.

Yitzchokm on March 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

yitzchokm is a pvssy.
-DHChron

Very mature.

Yitzchokm on March 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Very mature.

Yitzchokm on March 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

hahahahahaha! I’ve never claimed maturity…in fact I’ve often claimed the opposite :)

I just can’t stand posters who scream TROLL!! when they disagree and then invoke the ban hammer. CHILL. I’m capable of a civilized conversation – just not with commie’s and gryphon :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

oh yeah, and if I used the “eff” word, that means I censored myself. Good for me!

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

jan3 on March 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Of course. Winning the South against Little Bammie in a general is a whole lot different from winning the Republican primary against other Republicans. It’s a ridiculous talking point when you stop and think about it.

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Exactly. He’s pretty brave throwing out a challenge he knows won’t be accepted.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Are you talking about Levin or President Obama? (Rhetorical question)

HoosierStateofMind on March 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Levin = brave

I just shat myself laughing

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

DHChron and Dante are just bitter because they’re Paultards. Mark Levin hammers Paul and his idiotic foreign policy almost everyday when people like DHChron call the show. So for this little troll, its personal.

CultureWar on March 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM

CultureWar on March 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM

that might be true but I don’t like Ron Paul, so how does that square with your stupid theory? It’s almost Global Warming worthy!

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You don’t like Ron Paul, yet you already said he was your #1 guy to debate Obama on the first page:

I knew that wouldn’t go over well :) Sorry, but talk radio idiots are talk radio idiots. I’d like to see Paul Ryan debate prez…that would be fun :)

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Was that your credibility I heard going down the toilet? Why, yes… I think it was. Bye bye Paultard. Dumb ass troll.

CultureWar on March 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM

uhhhhm…do you not realize that Paul Ryan is not Ron Paul?

Is that you stupidity showing?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM

uhhhhhhm, what’s wrong CultureWar? did you realize you screwed up there? a little embarrassed maybe?

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

This thread has been ruined. Ugh.

jazzuscounty on March 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

This thread has been ruined. Ugh.

jazzuscounty on March 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I don’t mean to give you a nightmare here, but could you imagine what this thread would look like if Dr. Tesla were debating DHCron about Levin? YIKES!!!

Bizarro No. 1 on March 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yes, really. Levin’s knowledge of the Constitution wouldn’t fill a thimble.

Dante on March 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM

If i wasn’t laughing so hard after reading that, i would have had enough energy to be shocked.

You are talking about Mark Levin, right? of Judicial Watch? That working in the Justice Dept in the 1980′s….THAT Mark Levin, doesn’t know the Constitution…as compared to who, pray tell?

A sage of all he might *not* be, but I’m willing to gamble my mortgage $$$ on him over most anyone else you’d care to name that wouldn’t be in agreement with him on most issues.

BlaxPac on March 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Mark Levin is in it for the cash money. Eff mark levin

DHChron on March 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Oh, so clever. A Jew joke.

Go away you racist.

dthorny on March 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

BlaxPac on March 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I’ve already done so if you had read the thread, and I even provided a link for an example.

Dante on March 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Obama is a COWARD an thats all there is to it…!

He’s one of those guys that talks big an use’s other people to do his dirty work.

I would bet that poor Ol’ Andrew B. was one of his targets also

Vodkanockers on March 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Oh, so clever. A Jew joke.

Go away you racist.

dthorny on March 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

hahahahaha…if you saw Jewish joke you’re the racist.

I didn’t even know levin was jew

DHChron on March 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I will pay Bruce Springsteen $50,000 to perform with me at Giants Stadium.

verbaluce on March 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

But…but…..but….but who would program the prompter?

mixplix on March 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hey, Obastards’s teleprompter guys couldn’t keep up with Levin. Levin has forgotten more about the Constitution than the LIAR-In-Chief ever learned!?! NO CONTEST!?! Besides, Obastard is totally and completely gutless.

Colatteral Damage on March 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I’ll kick in 2 Benjamins……….

But I ain’t holding my “bref”

RealMc on March 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM