Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

posted at 3:05 pm on March 13, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Sandra Fluke is clearly not concerned about the risk of overexposure — but she might not need to be. Liberal outlets continue to praise her as the mainstream voice that will end sexual shaming and usher in a new era of respect for the “reproductive rights” of women. For those of us who disagree with her, though, this debate is getting old primarily because it’s going nowhere.

Most recently, Fluke authored an op-ed for CNN to restate the case that she thinks has been so distorted by talkers and writers on the right. Here’s an excerpt:

These attempts to silence women and the men who support them have clearly failed. I know this because I have received so many messages of support from across the country — women and men speaking out because they agree that contraception needs to be treated as a basic health care service.

Who are these supporters?

They are women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, who need contraception to prevent cysts from growing on their ovaries, which if unaddressed can lead to infertility and deadly ovarian cancer. They are sexual assault victims, who need contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

They are Catholic women, who see no conflict between their social justice -based faith and family planning. They are new moms, whose doctors fear that another pregnancy too soon could jeopardize the mother’s health and the potential child’s health too. They are mothers and grandmothers who remember all too well what it was like to be called names decades ago, when they were fighting for a job, for health care benefits, for equality.

They are husbands, partners, boyfriends and male friends who know that without access to contraception, the women they care about can face unfair obstacles to participating in public life. And yes, they are young women of all income levels, races, classes and ethnicities who need access to contraception to control their reproduction, pursue their education and career goals and prevent unintended pregnancy. And they will not be silenced.

It’s a well-written op-ed, but, for those who saw her testimony or who have followed the subsequent controversy, it’s not worth reading in its entirety. Why? It says nothing new.

Fluke doesn’t seem to grasp that anyone could have heard her arguments and actually disagreed with them. Her premise is still that women have a right to insurance that covers contraception because they have a right to have sex without the fear of pregnancy.

Fluke shows very little respect for reality. The reality is that (a) the exercise of a right generally doesn’t cost somebody else something and, if it does, that might be a clue the so-called “right” is not actually a right and (b) the only completely foolproof way to prevent pregnancy is to abstain from sex. The possibility of pregnancy — even with contraception — is part of the reality of sex.

Fluke thinks objectors don’t understand that she’s not asking taxpayers to directly subsidize her birth control. She’s asking insurance companies to include contraception coverage in the plans they develop for clients (a.k.a. religious employers) that don’t want contraception coverage included in the plans. That shows little respect for the prerogative of the insurance company to include in its plans whatever it wants to assume risk for — and no more. It shows little respect for the prerogative of an employer to negotiate for a group rate for a plan that doesn’t violate his conscience. If Fluke and her Georgetown classmates want to purchase insurance that covers contraception, they are free to do so — such plans exist to meet the demand — but they are not then free to avail themselves of the group insurance rate negotiated for by an employer that opposes contraception for religious reasons. Simple enough.

Women who have sex when they’re not in a position to become pregnant are engaging in a risky behavior that triggers the need for contraception. Women like that on an insurance plan that does cover contraception are driving premiums up for everyone on that plan. As a woman who is not engaging in that risky behavior, I’d like to have the option to purchase an insurance plan that doesn’t cover contraception.

***

Like Fluke, I am not alone. Who are the people who share my opinion?

They are women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, who use one of the many other forms of medication available to treat their condition. They are sexual assault victims, who, in the midst of the horror and trauma they’ve experienced, find healing in the embrace of life and the love of a child.

They are Catholic women who affirm the Church’s teaching on contraception, recognizing that openness to life in all its fullness is the fundamental posture from which to engage reality. They are new moms who use natural methods or breast feeding to space the births of their children — and exult in how “in tune” with their bodies they become as a result. They are mothers and grandmothers who remember all too well what it was like to be denigrated by their fellow women for their decision to be at-home wives and the primary caretakers of their children.

They are husbands, partners, boyfriends and male friends who respect a woman’s fertility, who recognize that pregnancy is a possibility even with contraception and are ready and willing to embrace the responsibility of fatherhood and/or committed to forgoing sex if they’re not. And yes, they are young women of all income levels, races, classes and ethnicities who choose to wait to have sex until they are prepared for whatever the consequences of the decision to have sex might be. And we will not be silenced.

***

This is not a plea for Sandra Fluke to become like me. It is a plea for her and for others like her to recognize that (a) some men and women legitimately object to contraception on religious grounds and (b) to recognize that some women — even women who don’t object to contraception in general — legitimately do not think all insurance plans should be made by the federal government to cover contraception. It is a plea for her to respect that.

Before Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a “sl-t” and a “prostitute,” I watched the video of her testimony. Based on the evidence of that testimony, I didn’t think she was either of the words Rush Limbaugh used, but I thought she was unbelievably spoiled and disdainful of the opinions of others. Nothing that I have seen or read since then has changed my opinion of her. How I’d love for something to change it now!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Sandra Fluke: “I will not be silenced.”

She can, however, be ignored, and that is just what I intend to do.

MidniteRambler on March 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Good LORD. She’s still talking about this? Obama IS losing this battle based on this week’s poll numbers. ……………

Yellowdog12 on March 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Obama is so desperate, he uses in a law sL*t to create smoke screens on the battlefront. LOL!!

pastselldate on March 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

You sure are invested in this slut.

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Cut him some slack. It’s the only chance he’s got.

CurtZHP on March 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Who said it was a he?

docflash on March 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Wasn’t Anita Dunn- the team oliar capo pushing this sexually active “activist” on congress – the same rube who shilled for NPR and NEA for increased gubmint socialism?

FlaMurph on March 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

if she’s gonna continue to be in the news, perhaps she could shave off that moustache. she’s making 16 year old boys jealous

burserker on March 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Again that old coed named Fluke
(whose name, we all know, rhymes with ‘pluck’)
Says, “I will not be still,
And you’ll pay the bill
For sex changes, condoms, and such truck!”

de rigueur on March 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I wouldn’t either, she’s an 8.5 on the fugly meter.

All that aside, I hope she keeps right on talking. I hope her and her best buddy zero talk so much they admit their affinity for communism so we can stop running our (worthless) candidates against a strawman.

Wolfmoon on March 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Her pimpin’ for Obamacare says it all.

LizardLips on March 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Bring it, Fluke, you overeducated, opportunistic Obama shill. America is full of women who have practiced birth control, who went on to have children, yet who don’t think religious people who don’t believe in birth control should be forced to provide it for others via their tax dollars (yes, there are even non-Catholics, non-evangelicals, even non-religious, who think this).

RebeccaH on March 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Two things, first of all is it just me or does Fluke kind of look like Sean Penn did in Falcon and the Snowman? Second I don’t think TV shows are the only thing to jump the shark I really think this clown did a long time ago.

bbinfl on March 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Going once, going twice, Sold!

Bmore on March 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Put a condom on your wagging Dem operative tongue, Fluke!

profitsbeard on March 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Tina, your commentary is by far the most thoughtful I have seen from a conservative. Yet you are still repeating that she is referring to her own contraceptive use when she talks about Reproductive justice.

This is not correct. Check out this sentence in the Fluke op-ed you quote from:

*Attacking me and women who use contraception by calling us prostitutes and worse cannot silence us.*

Interesting locution, no? “Me and women who use contraception” implies that Fluke is distancing herself from women who use contraceptives. Otherwise she would say something like “Those of us women who use contraceptives.”

Nowhere in this op-ed, or in her earlier testimony, does she refer to her own contraceptive use, or her sexual activity.

In fact, after this post, I know more about Tina Korbe’s sex life than I do about Sandra Fluke’s.

Neither of them use contraceptives but Tina tells us why and Sandra doesn’t. (Though I have a pretty good idea).

I guess that makes Tina Korbe a slut.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Fluke off, Sandra

pat on March 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

There once was a lady named Fluke,
Whose beliefs are enough to make you puke,
To Congress she said
about her antics in bed
I want you to pay for my contraception too

skatz51 on March 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh Sarah Fluesy, please don’t be silenced, we all know exactly what you really are, your desperation proceeds you.

PS: Keep your gross hands out of my wallet

EveGem on March 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I guess that makes Tina Korbe a slut.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Sorry, you beg for rubbers, you’re begging for jokes.

And you have no jokes, only animosity.

bernverdnardo1 on March 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

Great, keep on speaking out and keep yourself in the public eye. It’s not like you are capable of attracting millions.

/gads, this is the best spokesperson the libs can come up with to promote the “force them to do something against conscience” agenda? She makes Patsy Schroeder look like a supermodel and super-intellect.

AZfederalist on March 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

The lefties played this all wrong. Poor baby. Her fifteen minutes are up and it’s “under the bus time”!

Spots the Dog on March 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

She won’t be silenced? Well, I won’t be silenced either, dearie. I’m sick and tired of you leftists pushing your religion of abortion and infanticide down my throat, while expecting me to pay for your fun and games. It’s about time for a little push-back from the adults who pay the bills. Deal with it, honey.

Mean Granny on March 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

There was a feminazi named Fluke
Who everyone said was a kook
She would not go away
And shows to this day
That the “lady” part never quite took.

Roy Rogers on March 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Roy Rogers on March 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Heh!

Shay on March 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Now Jay and Silent Bob know where the easy chicks are.

faol on March 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM

A woman should spend more time cooking, knitting sweaters, and making her man feel treasured

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Fixing the spelling of your handle doesn’t make you look any smarter.

Akzed on March 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Hater on the low

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

She will not be silenced?

I KNEW IT! She’s a screamer!

Doug Piranha on March 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

why do liberals hate women?

sesquipedalian on March 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Because they are too much competition for liberal men.

rightoption on March 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

OK. I’ve never done this before.

THREAD WINNER!!!!!!

WryTrvllr on March 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And I will NEVER do it again.

WryTrvllr on March 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Peace to all the beautiful and godly woman out there who take care of their husbands

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

And the men, and women, who PROVIDE for their families.

WryTrvllr on March 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

And the men, and women, who PROVIDE for their families.

WryTrvllr on March 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Peace to WryTrvllr… what a WONDERFUL added comment

apocalypse on March 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

“She’s a man, baby!”

That is one ugly activist…

spinach.chin on March 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Megyn Kelly was on O’Reilly last week admonishing Ms. Fluke for playing the victim and her sense of entitlement. After all she is going to one of the top Law Schools. Megyn then went on to say that after graduation Ms. Fluke will be making 150,000 her first year out of school

Nothing defines liberalism better than “playing the victim” and their arrogant “sense of entitlement.”

redridinghood on March 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

why do liberals hate women?

sesquipedalian on March 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Because they are too much competition for liberal men.

rightoption on March 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

OK. I’ve never done this before.

THREAD WINNER!!!!!!

WryTrvllr on March 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I’m going to need TWO birth control pills after that one.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

What is it with the left and sex? Apparently she wasn’t one of those kids that Joyclyn Elders ranted that we should teach them to masturbate. Bingo! No need to leech off of the poor working stiffs for condoms.

Don L on March 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I defended Limbaugh for what he say because he was kinder than I would have been. She dared to walk into a Catholic institution, knowing she would not get birth control through them, banged her purse on the table and demanded it from them anyway. I think her behavior is nothing short of despicable. This is what real bullying is.

redmama on March 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Who cares??? She may say she will not be silenced but she can be ignored……..

Karla1953 on March 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Thats the nice thing about the 1st amendment Ms.Fluke……you have the right to say whatever you want…..

…that does not however force me to listen to it…or agree with it.

sbark on March 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

All this woman seems to think about is screwing! How can I get a date with her?

AcronisF on March 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

All this woman seems to think about is screwing! How can I get a date with her?

AcronisF on March 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I have wondered why more of the ‘guys’ around here haven’t posted something like that, more often.

listens2glenn on March 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

…that does not however force me to listen to it…or agree with it.

sbark on March 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Or comply with it.

listens2glenn on March 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

Well, that’s OK — earmuffs all around.

We’ll call it prophylaxis, you little left-wing snip.

Feedie on March 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Let us examine the math.
She says she will spend $3000 over her time enrolled at the Catholic Law School Georgetown.
Six semesters, be generous and assume an internship for both summer breaks and make it two full years and two semesters.
CVS offers large pack 48 count condoms for $19.99, presuming no Planned Parenthood or D.C. clinical visits for free product or the guys paying for any part of the STD/pregnancy prevention.
rounding down figures of 50 condoms/week.

Any day she doesn’t use the seven for that day she would have to make up the use shortage later. Irrespective of classes, coursework, projects (moot courts and other preparations like passing the bar)

If the guys pay half, and she still spends three grand, double the use.

Over fourteen a day, or “only” seven a day if the guys she has sex with refuse to pay any part of the costs, and she protests vehemently the term “slut”.

jhnone on March 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I’ve figured it out. Rush is only misogynistic toward slutty women.

Pilgrimsarbour on March 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Don L on March 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Oh yeah, Joycelin Joystick Elders, who became an embarrassment even to the Clintons.

Feedie on March 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I would like to SUE this witch for saying she “speaks for American women”. Listen honey – you don’t speak for me! Pay for your own birth control (though in her case she probably doesn’t have any use for it!).

IlonaE on March 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I guess that makes Tina Korbe a slut.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Sorry, you beg for rubbers, you’re begging for jokes.

And you have no jokes, only animosity.

Read my post again. I’m far from a leftist
and I have lots of jokes, especially for men like you. You are so stupid you think we’re talking about condoms, and you also think that Sandra is a pretty hot heterosexual.
Turn in your mancard, dipshit.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM

They are women with polycystic ovarian syndrome…

The left uses the latest kid to be held up as a shield against incoming.

Feedie on March 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM

IlonaE on March 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

OK, slowly making progress here. yes, Ilona, Fluke has no need for contraceptives, and as she states in her op-ed (quoted by Tina) she herself does not use them.

*Fluke: Attacking me and women who use contraception by calling us prostitutes and worse cannot silence us.*

So Ilona she is not asking you to pay for her contraceptives, because she does not use them.

Are we clear on this?

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

str8tface you’re a tool whatever you are. Reproductive Justice. Where did you pick that one up?

Also, I never said I’d hit it.

bernverdnardo1 on March 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I guess that makes Tina Korbe a slut.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Sorry, you beg for rubbers, you’re begging for jokes.

And you have no jokes, only animosity.

bernverdnardo1 on March 13, 2012 at

***
Yeah. How about dealing with my main point? I know more about Tina Korbe’s sex life than I do about Sandra Fluke’s. So do you. So yeah, Tina is a slut and Sandra isn’t. Prove me wrong, moron.

Hint: how you do that is you find Fluke talking about her sex life as Tina did. Tina talked about why she doesn’t use contraceptives. She doesn’t believe in recreational sex. So, find me Fluke talking about her sex life in similar terms.

And then print it here. And also show me where fluke begged for rubbers.

Give me a quote, dipshit.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Give me a quote, dipshit.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Here you go cupcake.

The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep’s for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.

That is a quote. What did I win?

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

She sorta looks like a dude, with a hint of a mustache.

Who are all these blind guys who are nailing her?

fossten on March 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

She sorta looks like a dude, with a hint of a mustache.

Who are all these blind guys who are nailing her?

fossten on March 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Nobody is nailing her. She has a wallet chain and a red kerchief hanging out her back pocket. Buy her a drink for a free black eye.

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Am I the only one that sees some kind of Divine irony regarding this woman’s last name and how it can be manipulated? This kind of stuff always happens with the wacky left – their talking points get buried in derision, insults, sarcasm, wit, and outright laughter. We conservatives don’t have to make anything up – those fools hand everything to us on a silver platter.

Sometimes I pity them. It must truly be hard to be a perpetual joke and to never be taken seriously. Proof to me that God obviously just ain’t on their side…

AttaBoyLuther on March 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

As I said, she is PROJECTING the sex life she WISHES she had when saying she spends $1,000 a year on pills and rubbers.

I seriously doubt that any dude who isn’t falling down blind drunk has touched her since she acquired the JANET NAPOLITANO JR look she has now.

wildcat72 on March 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Give me a quote, dipshit.

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Here you go cupcake.

That is a quote. What did I win?

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012

Sigh.

A quote from Fluke begging for condoms, or discussing her sex life to the degree Tina Korbe did here.

crickets

I’ll help you out. You need to place something Fluke said, or wrote, within quotation marks. If you can’t do that you’re shooting blanks. As I suspect you do in life. Always supposing you have had sex with anything other than your blow-up doll or a hooker.

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Gratuitous, self embellishment. But it’s an old thread, so maybe I’ll get a pass:

I tire of this woman even more so than that sad sack broad, Sherrod, who was given the heave at the agriculture department or wherever and went cryin’ the blues to Obama to get her job back.

Will someone just please send this broad a coupe doxen boxes of Trojans for her consorts and we can be done with her?

Besides everyone knows her name should not rhyme with “duck”.

The War Planner on March 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Who are all these blind guys who are nailing her?

fossten on March 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

..clearly you forget the pangs of a testosterone-besotted youth, sir. Either that or you have not been companionless at last call.

The War Planner on March 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM

She is no longer a private citizen.

John the Libertarian on March 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

I would have thought that responsible Public Health folks would have stepped in to silence her by now!!

After all, there are things that contraceptive devices can’t protect you from!!!

landlines on March 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Also, I never said I’d hit it.

bernverdnardo1 on March 13, 2012

Yeah? you’re the one who said she was begging for rubbers like so:

“And that makes you a tool. Seriously, “reproductive justice”? What is it with you leftists thinking “justice” means you get other people’s stuff. And in this case, rubbers, of all things.

sorry, but when you’re begging for rubbers….”

*****

See, when you accuse a woman of begging for condoms, you’re saying that you think she is having sex with men.

Condoms are used in heterosexual intercourse, between a man and a woman, to prevent contraception and STDs. Fluke is obviously a lesbian who has never had sex with a man. You appear to be unaware of this. whether you finder attractive or not is beside the point.

Once again: Lesbian: no need for condoms; no begging for condoms. Until you can figure out the difference between heterosexual woman and lesbians you should probably stick to your blow-up doll.

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Honey, please do something about the moustache.

drowningpuppies on March 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Wow. You know the libs are losing when someone starts calling everyone here a dipsht. That’s pathetic. It’s also projection.

WryTrvllr on March 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Well, Ms. Fluke, certainly no one can stop you from speaking bcuz that amendment you’re trampling all over while advocating forcing certain entities to pay for your contraception has an aspect to it that protects your right to speak. However, at some point in time the only person who will still be listening to you might be the shrew who shoved you into the spotlight in the first place and let’s face it, even old Nanny Pelosi will stop listening when you no longer serve her purposes.

stukinIL4now on March 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Oops. My mistake. Just crass. easily confused.

WryTrvllr on March 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Goodness:

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM

WryTrvllr on March 14, 2012

Well, WryTrvllr, I started out by posting here that now I knew more about Tina Korbe’s sex life than I did about Sandra Fluke’s. I added that I supposed that made Tina a slut, right?

Needless to say, no one responded to this. My purpose was to make people think about what Fluke had actually said and written.

Here is the response:
*And that makes you a tool. Seriously, “reproductive justice”? What is it with you leftists thinking “justice” means you get other people’s stuff. And in this case, rubbers, of all things.

Sorry, you beg for rubbers, you’re begging for jokes.

And you have no jokes, only animosity.*

So, I asked this person to give me a quote that would make his point, such as it was. That would be Sandra Fluke begging for rubbers.

Either way he couldn’t do it. He calls me a tool (again). claims not to find Fluke f–kable. OK. You’re the one who has her begging for condoms, pal. That’s your fantasy.

Somebody else then quotes something entirely beside the point. Hilarious.

the funniest notion is that I’m a leftist or a lib. Really, the stupidity here is such that I despair for our side.

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM

She looks like Joan of Ark from Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure.

Rusty Allen on March 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Tommy…wow, lol.

And with that…I’m off to bed. Nite all.

MooCowBang on March 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Just sayin’.

{^_^}

herself on March 14, 2012 at 2:27 AM

*With this action Fluke has elevated herself to public figure so it’s now legitimate to call her a slut trying to get others to pay for her activities, which makes her a whore.

Just sayin’.

{^_^}

herself on March 14, 2012

Another genius.
1. So anyone who’s “elevated herself” to a public figure can be called a slut?

Really? Can you defend that? I think we didn’t like it when Ingraham and Palin were called sluts by libtards. Kindly explain what you mean.

2. Also, where exactly does fluke try to get others to pay for her activities? You’ll have to show, by using an exact quote, where she has asked anyone to pay for her contraception. That means you have to use her own words.

As I explained in my post above, Fluke makes it clear that she does not use contraception. She is either celibate or gay. In either case, no one is paying for her sexual activities, whatever they may be.

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

crickets
had sex with anything other than your blow-up doll or a hooker.
str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM

now this is your typical leftist BS. thanks for going all the way sweetie. don’t tell me your f$*#ing name and hit the road.

tom daschle concerned on March 14, 2012 at 2:55 AM

there’s the uh money shot right there….because this has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone’s sexuality or reproductive rights or rights concerning what kind of insurance coverage they want as opposed to what insurance coverage the government demands they get or let’s them have. it’s about ceding control of all your decisions concerning your very being to the state no matter whether you believe in the tenets of this or that religion. whether you believe in democracy, whether

has the current pope issued a papal bull authenticating the statement that holy roman church is now officially all about the social justice just like our beloved dear leader and his most precious asset in upholding our freedoms and rule of law,master eric the red holder.

because what it is about is not what a slut some woman is or what a catholic woman believes concerning birth control and abortion- it’s about transferring all the rights over your person and your body to the state. and sometimes that means wresting control from any religious commitments that a person may have made to their higher authority. your higher authority is now obama and the cause of social justice.

so keep yucking it up, making jokes about how ugly a woman is or whether she’s a lesbian or not or swoon about the biblical views concerning females-because that is nothing but misdirection. you look like misogynistic morons. it’s hardly christian and its barely adult and it doesn’t address the dire danger to all of us- sluts included-of the destruction of the constitution.

mittens on March 14, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

Tell it to the millions that have been silenced by abortion.

JellyToast on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Seriously dude? What kool aid flavor are you mainlining?

Fluke testified before a Democrat kangaroo court that she attends a $50,000 a year university AND she’s too cheap to buy her own $20 condoms.

She does not have to attend Georgetown, and she does not have to live beyond her means.

Roy Rogers on March 14, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Tell it to the millions that have been silenced by abortion.

JellyToast on March 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Well said

Roy Rogers on March 14, 2012 at 6:40 AM

The irony is she will be silenced if she continues to believe in Obowma policies.

dthorny on March 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Str8tface,
You seem to be going out of your way to make the point that Ms Fluke was not talking about herself. While you may find this admirable, I have a problem with it. If I am to believe you, I would also have to believe that Fluke has had absolutely NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE regarding what she is talking about. All secondhand stories. Heresay, in legal terms.
In short, she is telling OTHER people how she thinks they should live and be taken care of.
I am not wired that way and disagree with that thought process.

Jabberwock on March 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

She just went on vacation in California with the son of a big Democrat donor…

I doubt that a law student doesn;t have the financial chops to pay for the airfare, hotels, and all the fine food and adult beverages they were eating and drinking… So, there must be some other “arrangement” in play…

I respectfully submit that you are wrong on both counts…

Khun Joe on March 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM

and I apologize for my punctuation…

Khun Joe on March 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Sandra Fluke is clearly not concerned about the risk of overexposure

There -fixed that!

Don L on March 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Brilliant essay, Tina.

It’s the best response I have seen to Sandra Fluke, and that’s saying something.

The_Jacobite on March 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Hey, Fluke. If providing birth control is a women’s health issue, then we should also mandate that the gov’t provide free health club memberships and free vegetables. After all, exercise and proper nutrition are necessary for good health, right?

Decoski on March 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM

str8tface on March 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Isn’t this a clear violation of the terms of the comments section?

“We will, however, usually do so if you post something that is, in our good-faith opinion, (a) off-topic; (b) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate these terms of use…”

I’m all in favor a logical, well-presented argument without ad hominem attacks. As far as str8tface’s contention that he or she knows more about Tina’s sex life than Sandra’s based on their testimony, blogs, articles, etc., I’ll give him or her one point on that. However, how one can reach a conclusion that Tina is a slut is beyond me. While I agree that we know nothing of Sandra’s sex life, only that she believes in fake rights such as the right of the government to force religious institutions to violate tehir consciences. Tina also provided no evidence that she participates in actions that would lead someone to conclude that she is a slut, “someone who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous.” To call her a slut based on the fact that she says she does not participate in recreational sex is a tremendously flawed argument.

RedinPDRM on March 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

str8tface on March 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

It’s true: Fluke came in to testify about other women she knew at Georgetown Law, and their need for contraceptives.

But that merely raises the question: Why again was Sandra Fluke asked to testify? She wasn’t coming in to speak about her own problems with affording contraceptives. In fact, she wasn’t even speaking to women would would be affected by the HHS mandate – these women weren’t even employees. They were only students. The mandate wouldn’t save them one penny. At least not yet. Perhaps the next step by HHS will be to force universities to cover all their students as well.

No, Fluke was brought in because she was head of Georgetown Law’s Students for Reproductive Justice, and presumably because she would make a good witness.

The_Jacobite on March 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Sandra who ?

CallousDisregard on March 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM

She’s another plant getting a free college ed just like our dear leader. Who wants to bet after getting that degree, she decides to run for public office. The libs are treating insurance companies like their own personal candy store instead of a business that sells a product for a profit. They have no business sense at all.

Kissmygrits on March 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Sandy can make any silly arguement she wants as far as I am concerned. I don’t want her silenced, I want the idiocy of her arguement pointed out.

One question I have not heard to Fluke yet would be; Where did you come up with the $3,000 number? Then follow up with the actual prices of various forms of BC.

Birth Control like any other product or service costs money. Somebody labors to provide it. If it is paid for by somebody else, then their labor is being forcibly taken. Forcibly taking someones labor without their approval is slavery.

jpmn on March 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

excerpt from Sandra Fluke

The Vatican, the Bible, and Christianity in general do NOT support the “Social Justice” ideology.

listens2glenn on March 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

headline by Tina Korbe

You know what Sandra Fluke should do?

Start another “Vagina Monologues” tour.

listens2glenn on March 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM

….but I thought she was unbelievably spoiled and disdainful of the opinions of others.

She’s a leftist, so this comes naturally.

TQM38a on March 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I didn’t think she was either of the words Rush Limbaugh used

Wrong, she’s a slut. A greedy slut. A totalitarian slut. And because she is demanding others pay for her proclivities, she’s a whore too.

Hey, I’m a competitive shooter and I want America to subsidize my proclivities. So pay for my ammo and range membership. Also, chuck in a few bucks for gas to and from the range (diesel is a bit expensive of late).

See, I can be a whore too!

Yasherka on March 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Incredibly, we get this question:

Misogyny from the Right??? Examples, please, with links for proof.

chai on March 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Do quotes from this very thread count? If so, here you go, chai. All quote blocks are from different comments:

All your are doing, you dainty little twinkie, you are making a complete fool of yourself, IMO!

Meh, fine. Keep talking. Every word out of that 30 year old activist mouth will only go further to expose you for what you are.
*coughslutcough*

Somebody get this woman a ball gag. That’ll silence her.

A trademark of a slut is the fact that they have no shame.

The best contraception she has is that moustache she’s working on

I bet she doesn’t shut up even when she’s got her “O” face on.

Based on her photo, I’d guess she’s taking birth control pills for hirsutism.

Bimbo.

Sluts never know when to stop.

What’s up with the mustache Sandra?

I have no desire to hear females talk politics

She’s got a nice little bald spot developing at her part line. Hence the comb-over.

Who is this dude on the picture and why is he talking about women?

Fluke is a 31 year old slut that’s had her 15 minutes of fame………………

Shut up, stupid slut.

Why is there a picture of a man for this thread?

That dude needs a shave.

That slut is fluking insane.

They couldn’t find a hot cheerleader who wanted everyone else to pay for her contraception so they had to settle on a 30 year old hermaphrodite looking “woman” who looks like JANET NAPOLITANO’s long lost daughter (assuming that thing was ever capable of giving birth).

What could we put in her pie hole to keep it shut/silenced?? Hmmmmm……

Fluke must feel ultimately insulted. She’s trying desperately to whore herself to the government and they aren’t buying. I wouldn’t either, she’s an 8.5 on the fugly meter.

All this woman seems to think about is screwing! How can I get a date with her?

Honey, please do something about the moustache.

Drew Lowell on March 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Ah, the phony “I will not be silenced” routine. Usually people who say this are always showing up on the MSM so they have nothing to worry about.
ThePrez on March 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Wasn’t there a song from I believe Helen Reddy from the 70s called “I am Woman” that she should also have been playing in the background to get the full victim effect?

Can someone please tell me how this is going to reduce the cost of my gas and groceries? Or how this is going to help people find jobs?

bbinfl on March 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Actually; I’m going to disagree.

Carly Simon’s You’re So Vain, You Probably Think This Song’s About You would be more fitting.

jaydee_007 on March 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Sandra Fluke: I will not be silenced

“Hey? Remember me? I use to be somebody!”

Kenosha Kid on March 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I’m seeing a lot of this woman all over TV, news sites, blogs, etc. Is she still a private citizen or celebrity? Her fame HAS to be at around 14 minutes, 59 seconds, doesn’t it?

Russ in OR on March 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

In truth; “Private citizens” do not hold a press conference at the National Press Club, with full knowledge of the intent for it to be played on C-Span, and thereby “thrust themselves into the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved,” Gertz v. Robert Welch, Inc., 418 U.S. 323, 345 (1974).

jaydee_007 on March 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM

typical liberal moron to be ignored…. nothing more, nothing less.

ultracon on March 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Dear Drew Lowell,

according to Webster;
Misogyny; A Hatred of Women.

Unfortunatly the definition is for a Hatred of Women in GENERAL.

Every examply you gave is directed at ONE SPECIFIC Woman. Not all women in General.

This is another tactic of the Left, to extrapolate the one into the many. To make the Speicific into the General.

Bolshevik!

Every quote from this thread is of people who are exhibiting a Hatred of Ms. Fluke’s ACTIONS and STATEMENTS.

And weather or not Poster’s have a Real, Abiding, and Genuine Hatred for Sandra Fluke has no corelation or bearing with weather or not the Poster’s have a Hatered for All, Many, or even any other women.

Nice try though.