Steve Schmidt: Putting Palin on the ticket taught me there are worse things than losing

posted at 7:10 pm on March 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, Exhibit A in why John Podhoretz’s review of “Game Change” is titled “Back Stab.” Actually, scratch that; this is Exhibit Z. Schmidt’s getting more attention for it now because the movie’s getting attention but he’s been dumping on Palin publicly for more than two years and privately for who knows how long. (Leaks from unnamed staffers began less than a week after election day and Palin allies inside the campaign warned weeks earlier that they were coming.) This is his job now, I think — doing sporadic cable-news cameos as some sort of RINO Dr. Frankenstein who created a grassroots monster and has to atone by killing it. Michael Goldfarb, who left the Weekly Standard to join the McCain campaign’s communications team, has had enough:

I can’t speak to the film, because I can’t bring myself to watch it.

Other loyal McCain staffers I’ve spoken to have had the same reaction. While a few senior aides from the McCain campaign collaborated with the authors of Game Change and painted a picture of John McCain and Sarah Palin as so craven or ill-informed or incompetent that no handler could have gotten them elected, the reality is that John McCain was the better man and would have made a better president.

We lost that campaign partly because of events beyond our control, and partly as a result of bad counsel given by the same people who are apparently so flatteringly portrayed in this movie. John McCain deserved better than to be betrayed by his own top aides, and true to form he has honorably stuck by Gov. Palin even as she’s been smeared in the press over and over again by the same self-serving former staffers. I only hope that the Romney campaign takes notice of what’s happened here.

Says J-Pod, “The movie presents a moral case for the disreputable conduct of aides who, we can presume, fearlessly drop dirty dimes anonymously to save their own standing in the liberal culture from which they desperately wish not to be excluded.” Is that the explanation — that Schmidt is desperate to stay in the media’s good graces, maybe with an eye to a gig as a pundit? I’m not sure what he’d bring to a job like that besides paint-by-numbers Palin criticism for the MSNBC crowd. He could, I suppose, try to fill a niche as a more moderate Karl Rove, the campaign insider who knows how the process works and who loathes the right almost as much as his interviewers do, but Rove is a marquee name whereas right now Schmidt is really just “that guy who Woody Harrelson played.” Maybe he’s planning to rebrand himself as a strategist who caters to Republican candidates who disdain their own base? After the dismal failure of the Huntsman campaign, John Weaver’s likely done. Time for someone else to inherit that prized role.

The best part here is when he deflects a question about his own role in choosing Palin by saying, “Well, I was part of a team that settled on the result.” Click here and scroll down to “Narrative 4″ to remind yourself just how big a part he played in that particular result. Exit question: Knowing now how big a risk Schmidt is to sandbag a campaign once it’s over, why would any candidate hire him?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

California Senate candidate Matt Fong (ran for Senator, 1998),
Career totals: Won 1, Lost 5.

Emperor Norton on March 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Forgot all about Fong. Worthless. Boxer was eminently beatable in 1998, CA did not go full commie until probably 2000-2002.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Did anyone ever challenge Schmidt on his glowing assessment of the film, when he was the primary (albeit anonymous) source for the script? Isn’t there a conflict of interest there? Or are the “journalists” interviewing him allergic to broaching the issue of “anonymous sources”. To me, that is THE story about Schmidt. He leaks, he smears, he feeds, then he pronounces the result an objective history of the campaign? Why isn’t he laughed off the TV?

Paul-Cincy on March 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Bill Maher & Game Change: Good reasons to drop HBO and never, ever pick it up again.

Bitter Clinger on March 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

waaaaay ahead of ya bitter. i fired those sumbeyatches hour years ago when i couldn’t stands it no more

DrW on March 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The poor sad AT&T salesguy that comes around once a month or so is offering ‘free HBO’ if I change my cable TV to AT&T. I asked him why he would threaten a customer that way. Got a puzzled look.

slickwillie2001 on March 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Makes me shudder at the thought of her being President possibly . And I’m a voting republican.
Sigh, we have a weak bench.

goldeagle11 on March 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You are such a maroon.

tencole on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Reading these threads and remembering the venom Palin has received even from people ostensibly on our side, made me realize just why we defenders come out swinging. That woman has done nothing at all to deserve the scorn and contempt she has received.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Did anyone ever challenge Schmidt on his glowing assessment of the film, when he was the primary (albeit anonymous) source for the script? Isn’t there a conflict of interest there? Or are the “journalists” interviewing him allergic to broaching the issue of “anonymous sources”. To me, that is THE story about Schmidt. He leaks, he smears, he feeds, then he pronounces the result an objective history of the campaign? Why isn’t he laughed off the TV.

Paul-Cincy on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Paul-Cincy on March 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Paul, I don’t think propaganda is effective if you present it and then give the audience insights to the lies.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Steve, How does it feel to have run the worst campaign in the history of the GOP? A campaign that had not a whit of life or inspiration to it until the two-week stretch in between when Palin gave her speech at the convention and when Lehman Bros. collapsed and your boy suspended his campaign.
And this makes you a pundit in great demand by the talking-head shows, why? Oh, right, because you rip Sarah Palin at every turn to obscure the pathetic job you did of running McCain’s campaign.

Right Mover on March 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Steve Schmidt, Ed Rollins, and John Weaver should form a school for aspiring campaign strategists. They could give lectures entitled ‘Backstabbing The Candidate: Timing Is Everything’, or ‘Screw The Wingnuts: Catering To The Left & Loving It’, or ‘Negotiating That Big Cable Deal: Selling Out Principles For Fun & Profit’.

No Republican worthy of the name should shake hands with any of these men. Despicable, all of them.

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Indeed!!!

Bitter Clinger on March 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Amen Brother. Could not have been said better.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Sorry but if you worked for McCain’s campaign, your opinion is not really worth my time.

aniptofar on March 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Any candidate who hires Schmidt gets neither my money nor my vote.

OhioCoastie on March 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Nobody here that could do it. And I just sent your comment to Ed asking if that sounded like a direct threat and worthy of banning.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

And I just emailed Allah and told him that liberal4life is your sockpuppet.

MadisonConservative on March 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

the R party has many craven people in it.

Schmidt is one. Another is snarlin Arlen. It seems he has a book out.

A of course on the healthcare vote he put self before country…and wound up getting double crossed by Reid.

Self before party and before country is a slogan of large numbers of pols….and their ‘consultants’

r keller on March 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Who is Steve Schmidt to decide whom is qualified to be Vice President or President of the United States. We the People are the ones who decide. Not him! All of McCain’s choices as part of the campaign were political. That’s why it was a political campaign for President.

Sen McCain’s judgment in making Mrs. Palin his running mate would appear to be the only smart POLITICAL move he made. Since everything else he did caused him to lose support in the polls and amongst the people of the campaign.

My biggest problem with people like Schmidt, Wallace, Scheuneman, Rove, Rollins, etc… is that NO Republican candidate should EVER hire a political consultant UNLESS that consultant is a REPUBLICAN and conforms to the basic planks of the GOP. Schmidt is obviously a Dhimmicrat working in Republican clothes. He is disloyal, incompetent, and interested only in how his own press releases read instead of his clients. He should never be hired by a Republican AGAIN.

So far no candidate over the last 30 years has espoused the conservative philosophy of pay for ourselves and smaller government. We haven’t tried our way since before FDR. And that is a direct result of the advisors hired by the GOP, all of whom are for spending money to garner support from specific political groups at the expense of the rest of us who actually pay for the US govt. Until the RINOs in the GOP Leadership are gone, there is no way our government can move in the correct direction. That’s a fact, not an opinion.

Steve Schmidt is a backstabbing Liar. Nicole Wallace is a backstabbing Liar. They should be tarred and feathered by the GOP instead of hired….

Subsunk

Subsunk on March 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

“Mr Schmidt,

I’m not a Palin fan, but there was nothing worse than Obama winning in 2008.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM”

It is. Obama winning in 2012.

finallyhere on March 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

True, but if he had lost in 2008, 2012 would not be on the line.

My point was that Schmidt said that there was something worse than losing in 2008 and that was Sarah Palin becoming POTUS. I contend that the “something worse” did occur: Obama won.

Schmidt, of course, probably thinks Obama has a great pants’ crease, too.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

And I just emailed Allah and told him that liberal4life is your sockpuppet.

MadisonConservative on March 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Considering you’re my only real sockpuppet, how well is that going to be believed? BTW, I didn’t want you on until later. So, knock it off for a while.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

slickwillie2001 on March 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are!!

Bitter Clinger on March 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I had been considering adding HBO but between Maher and this debacle…no way , no how.

CW on March 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Subsunk on March 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Hey-long time-no write, stranger!
*waves*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

We have a thread winner!

Well said!

Danielvito on March 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Well Kurtz among others did challenge ‘Fact Change’ lack of sourcing,
SchWallace seems to have been the source for Politico’s Ben Smith,
the Post’s Dan Balz, and CBS’s Suzannah Walsh, particularly the claims about the wardrobe,( debunked by Lise Klein in the NY Times,)
and the idea she wouldn’t campaign with prochoicers, (except for
Specter, Snowe, et al)

narciso on March 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Worse ran campaign in history. Schmidt is blaming Palin?

He’s a joke who couldn’t find another job after the 08 debacle..the reason he’s on MSNBC

The man is an idiot…actually my party has a lot of idiots

Redford on March 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yes, just like the GOP who has another strategist stating that Obama’s contraceptive gambit with women is “devastating to the GOP”. HELLO? DO ANY OF THESE STRATEGISTS HAVE A SET OF COJONES ?

What’s so difficult about getting back on THE REAL AND RELEVANT topic? Like say, going after Obama’s record on the economy.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

By the way, I don’t think we can ever can can describe John McCain as not being courageous. He probably has more courage in his little finger than most of us have in our entire body.

Having a different perspective on something is not lacking courage.

Voter from WA State on March 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

He might have been admirable at one time but that was long ago. His pairing up with Kennedy et al on onerous legislation ala McCain-Feingold has harmed this country deeply. Water board is torture? C,mon.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

LOL, I watched game change and it was funny. People keep saying Obama was not vetted, then I saw the lunatic lady in red saying to McCain that she was scared Obama is a Muslim radical from Kenya who is a socialist terrorist out to destroy America. I mean the vitriol from the crowds, disgusting vile demonic hatred so palpable being spewed was so daunting, makes me think Obama is truly a legend, blessed to ascend to the heights he has, God knows no one could have survived that vitriol and kept his cool like he did.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I am convinced that there is no lower life form than these slippery political consultants who are without any core.
How can politicians, themselves hardly an ethical subset, have any trust in these parasites?

Right Mover on March 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Well said!

Danielvito on March 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thank you and your earlier post about why she did not run although disheartening was so true.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

McCain’s incredibly poor judgement is best reflected not in his choice of Palin as his running mate, but in his hiring of Steve Schmidt to run his “campaign.”

Right Mover on March 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hey Obama koolaid drinker….

He was never vetted, but thanks to people like Breitbart, he’s getting vetted now..:)

We are all Breitbart!

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

You don’t have to waste your time on that one anymore. Gone.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Oh, I forgot the sarc tag again MadCon.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Oh yeah lib4life. My sarc puppet tag can beat up your sarc puppet tag.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Pre beta troll?

the_nile on March 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

McCain was inwardly seething Sunday when Chris Wallace asked him about Steve Schmidt’s statement that “Game Change” was completely accurate. You just can’t say if McCain was mad at Schmidt or at Wallace for putting him in the position where he had to tersely answer the question.

As for his former campaign manager, with Pat Buchanan gone from MSNBC as their ‘house conservative’ I’d say odds are better than 50-50 the network introduces Steve Schmidt as their new voice on the right before the RNC convention, and that it won’t matter if Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or even Paul end up as the nominee — Schmidt will do the same for them that David Gergen’s done for years at CNN and PBS, and play the role Kevin Phillips played for years as the big media’s favorite ‘conservative Republican’.

jon1979 on March 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Oh yeah lib4life. My sarc puppet tag can beat up your sarc puppet tag.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Not liberal4life. MadisonConservative.I admit it everyone. For the past several years, I’ve been posting as both hawkdriver and Madison Conservative. I live in neither Wisconsin or Ft. Bragg. I’ve never been in the Army and I don’t have a pretty new wife. I’m single and a middle aged stockboy at BigLots. I live in the basement below my 75 yo parents who haven’t even heard of the internet yet.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

What a fat tub of lard. Typical liberal male pig……

vietvet68 on March 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Steve Schmidt, an insecure bald man who drives a big truck to make up for his hair loss and a virgin RINO

Nicole Wallace, an ordinary Jane bimbo making money off of trashing Palin

slow newsday for hotgas

nparga23 on March 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Wait, I thought that was KeninCT.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Sooo…

…speaking of religious-right icons whose futures are uncertain, think Tebow will be driving Palin’s bus this fall?

/ducks and runs for cover

M240H on March 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

r keller on March 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Like Bob Dole?

Dole Tells Specter: I Probably Would Have Switched Parties, Too

Flora Duh on March 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Wait, I thought that was KeninCT.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

No, his parent have heard of the internet. Ken gets his WiFi signal from their hub. In the basement. So, see similar, but it’s just me and MadCon.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

so you have already thrown out the possibility he is telling the truth? What about Sarah Palin’s behavior (Troopergate, resigning as Governor, lashing out at all/any critics) would lead anyone to believe she is not how she was portrayed?

DBear on March 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Sarah Palin was cleared of any unethical behavior by an independent review board in ‘Troopergate’, an accusation of scandal which was, by the way, driven by Alaskan Democrats and some of the old boy elements of the Alaskan Republican Party. Look it up.

Sarah Palin resigned as Governor because defending herself against unfounded nuisance suits meant to bankrupt her and her family would, in fact, have bankrupted her and her family. This feat was accomplished by the Democrats. Read her book for a full accounting of events and players.

Sarah Palin lashes out at critics because too often those critics think they can commit media bias with impunity. Personally, I think she and all other Republican politicians should politely point out the glaring inaccuracies and exaggerations that comprise the blatant media bias all conservatives must endure, call out the more egregious offenders, and move on. I don’t blame her for reacting.

So no, I don’t believe any aspect of the HBO hit piece. I was disillusioned by Palin’s big tease move early in the primaries and certainly disagree with her endorsement of Newt Gingrich, but I will always like and respect the lady herself.

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Nailed it on the head.

Tennman on March 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Palin was never qualified. Schmidt screwed up. So did the rest of the team who vetted. I give Palin big bona fides on connecting with people, but her intellectual prowess was woefully lacking. Why they never looked at her pathetic college record, and say wait a second here, is beyond me. The two biggest issues was Palin was not ready , and her media coverage was horribly ruthless. At the end of they day, they should have picked someone who was ready. Even if they lost by a point.

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

If he becomes a part of any campaign again, as God is my witness I will vote the other candidate no matter who.

(As I hold carrot up, cue music and back camera away from Tara)

Marcus on March 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

LOL!

JannyMae on March 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Yawn….

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I haven’t read the prior comments, but the people in that video clip (including Andrea Mitchell) are so shallow that they believe a Hollywood version of reality to the reality itself.

Schmidt’s criticism of Sarah Palin in terms of unpreparedness is exponentially higher for Obama, who was marketed with nothing more than slogans and hype.

Who would ever hire Steve Schmidt or Nicole Wallace ever again?

onlineanalyst on March 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Like Bob Dole?

Dole Tells Specter: I Probably Would Have Switched Parties, Too

Flora Duh on March 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Heck, those two and many others did more damage in some ways than actual democrats. Feckless enablers for socialism.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Yawn….

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Same shit, different day don’t you think? Wish they’d come up with something new.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

What a pathetic POS of a man. Actually he is not a man…
He is a POS Pu$$y that hasen’t the guts or balls to admit he F’ed up…

Sarah Palin has more balls than this sorry excuse of a moron will ever have…

They totally F’ed up the 2008 campaign and he is trying to lay the blame on Palin??

She was the ONLY bright spot in the entire episode.

I say with no reservations Screw these whining POS political operatives that haven’t the balls to admit their own screw ups. F this guy….

RockyJ. on March 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

College credentials are not an accurate measure of intelligence, creativity, or leadership ability. Look at Lincoln, for example, then look at our current president.

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Since Steve Schmidt has been a loser all his life, I imagine he’s accustomed to it by now.

I never cease to be amazed at how Schmidt, the Wallaces and the rest of the team that ran perhaps the most inept presidential campaign in our nation’s history are trying to make Palin the scapegoat. Check the Rasmussen daily polling. The only time McCain led Obama was deuring the period that Palin was named to the ticket until McCain suspended his campaign, returned to DC and tried to be the TARP leader.

bw222 on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

LOL..compare Palin to Lincoln. Good one!

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Steve Schmidt = P.O.S

CTSherman on March 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Hey can anybody name a Supreme Court case other than Roe v Wade that you disagree with? Are you running for VP?

LevStrauss on March 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM

She was running for VP, not for a SC vacancy. How many other candidates were asked that? Not even “constitutional law professor” *cough, cough* Obama.

By the way, I thought well of Ron Paul before I found out he’s a racist old nutter.

ddrintn on March 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

LOL..compare Palin to Lincoln. Good one!

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Why not? You ‘bots compare Romney to Reagan. Gag.

ddrintn on March 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LOL. Hey everyone. I got this troll to finally fess up. And all this time I thought you were AnninCa’s sock puppet when actually you were MadInCon’s.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

rubberneck = Zeigler

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

SparkPlug,

Actually, since it was my sockpuppet, MadCon, who inferred that I was Liberal4life before I corrected him, myself, I think I’ll give the credit for me being outed as a sockpuppeteer to me or MadCon. Take your pick.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Link, please.

Oh, and while you’re at it, provide one showing people spitting on the black ‘congressman’.
I know you have that one too.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Having a different perspective on something is not lacking courage.

Voter from WA State on March 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

In Vietnam. Politically, he’s a wuss.

ddrintn on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Link, please.

I know you have that one too.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Banned.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

If anyone hasn’t seen Undefeated yet, REELZ is showing it tonight at 10PM EST. Following are the Channels to watch it on:

AT&T HD 1799, or 799; Direct TV 238; Dish Network 299; Time Warner 275

bluefox on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Yawn….

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

rubberdick ain’t all that bright.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Steve Schit is the poster-boy for Republican on conservative backstabbery.

Never, ever turn your back on a Republican.

james23 on March 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Steve Schmidt

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Banned.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

No, BlatantBlue (the quiet MadCon) has the band. I just play guitar.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

bluefox on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Thanks bluefox.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

rubberdick ain’t all that bright.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Or you could call him condomneck. (:

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Banned.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

No, BlatantBlue (the quiet MadCon) has the band. I just play guitar.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

So do I, but not in a band either. But please, keep asking questions to a recently departed troll who hasn’t the logistics now to facilitate an answer.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

rubberneck = Zeigler

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Ok SparkPlug, I will grant you that. John Zeigler and I are on the same page. I was horrified of her coverage, but she stepped into a liberal media firestorm that was hell bent on discrediting anything that wasn’t Obama. Palin had to be ROCK SOLID against the firestorm, and simply wasn’t ready. Damn man, she couldn’t even give one periodical to Couric. Just one! She may have locked up and that was understandable, but when you are national TV being asked very easy questions you have to give those easy answers.

IMO, Palin would be a happier woman these days if she would have remained as governor of Alaska and left alone. Now she is a bitter woman full of resentment for her treatment. Yeah, I blame Schmidt and McCain for putting her out there.

I know her fans ruthlessly cover her, but facts are facts. She wasn’t ready.

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

WTF? When?

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

There are worse things than losing

Yea like lying,back stabbing,selling out.

rudee on March 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Double yawn……

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

LOL..compare Palin to Lincoln. Good one!

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

The comparison there was Lincoln and Baraka Soetoro. Got it Einstein?

(just so you know, the Einstein remark was sarcasm, not comparison)

TugboatPhil on March 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Thanks bluefox.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

You’re welcome. Busy last two days for me (Taxes:-) Still not finished, grrrr.

bluefox on March 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

WTF? When?

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

obumaderangement syndrome said something terrible about Andrew Breitbart but I didn’t know the the POS got banned. But I like it.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Look at Lincoln, for example, then look at our current president.

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

LOL..compare Palin to Lincoln. Good one!

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Comprehension fail. Re-read the sentence. The comparison is rather pointedly between Lincoln and Obama, not Lincoln and Palin.

de rigueur on March 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I know her fans ruthlessly cover her, but facts are facts. She wasn’t ready.

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

From the same Michael Goldfarb statement linked in the post:

Halperin and Heilemann have gotten a $5 million contract to do the same thing to Romney that they did to McCain, and they will no doubt be looking for Romney aides the same way a con artist searches for his mark – seeking the emotionally vulnerable, the weak, the insecure, the ones who value the approval of MSNBC analysts more than the respect of their own campaign staff. Unfortunately, every Republican campaign has them – and given the opportunity Halperin and Heilemann are certain to reoffend.

Oh, goody goody gumdrops!!! Get ready for the epic Mittbot whine.

ddrintn on March 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

… like losing, and at the same time showing anyone who would ever employ you that you are not trustworthy.

Congratulations, uber-loser!

WhatNot on March 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Yeah but there’s always a ‘User banned/comment deleted – Allahpundit thingy somewhere.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

LOL..compare Palin to Lincoln. Good one!

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Why not? You ‘bots compare Romney to Reagan. Gag.

ddrintn on March 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I wasn’t comparing Palin to Lincoln, obviously. I was referring to the overuse of college credentials as a reliable indicator of leadership ability or discernment or wisdom or good judgement. For that matter, Newt Gingrich has publicly compared himself to Reagan, Thatcher, and Churchill. I guess he doesn’t know the comparisons to greatness are supposed to come from others.

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Subsunk

Wallace and Schmdit should NEVER work for a GOP campaign Ever. Again.

JustTruth101 on March 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Very well stated

Bitter Clinger on March 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Oh I am sorry, did I point out the truth about the only politician that doesn’t insult your intelligence by use of elitist tactics like three syllable words and specifics?

LevStrauss on March 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

When they release the entire tapes (6 hours or so) and we can view them and come to our own conclusions, then we can have this chat again. Otherwise, it’s just another piece of Hollywood editing.

Glad they were able to hook you in, though. There’s a lot of us here that are a little more discerning.

PS: Krauthammer himself (you know, the dude who coined the term “Bush Doctrine”) said that her answer wasn’t wrong and Gibson was in his definition.

Yer welcome.

kim roy on March 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I’ll bet that search will take mucho horas de trabajo.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

BTW, those of you discrediting Schmidt should thank him. You would never have your beloved Sarah to cheer for if they didn’t put her out there. None of you would never even have known she existed.

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Woody Harrelson had to have both testicles removed in order to accurately portray Steve Schmidt in Game Change

portlandon on March 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I thought Woody died of a drug overdoes.

bw222 on March 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Not so banned:

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Just posted on the Obama CBS Poll thread.

M240H on March 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

She wrote an Op Ed in the Times, explaining the challenge to the EPA ruling on polar bears, she had complained until she was blue in the face about the Exxon Valdez, as a former mayor, she knew the travesty that was Kelo, none of that matters a tinker’s damn to the major issues facing this country, that Obama was and always will be wrong, Iraq, tax ,criminal, energy policy, yet that was never seriously examined,

narciso on March 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Someone said Allah is just doing “stealth” mode. Personally I like public shaming much better. In fact I think the mods should elaborate when banning someone, read the charges and pronounce sentence with a dose of snark.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I have been following Palin since she was competing for the GOP nomination in 2006. I would be far happier, however, if I didn’t know you existed.

bw222 on March 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Not so banned:

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Just posted on the Obama CBS Poll thread.

M240H on March 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Heartache.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

You’re welcome. Busy last two days for me (Taxes:-) Still not finished, grrrr.

bluefox on March 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

OT: Ft Bragg Tax center saved my butt so to speak on taxes. I left after the first session a week or so ago thinking with a additional 12K check to write still, my total tax debt for 2011 was going to be about 47K. Second session, with a couple more deductions, didn’t do anything much and state taxes were going to be an additional 2.7K. I’m thinking, I’m about ready to quit this second career and just live on my retirement. These guys (an NCO and a Civilian volunteer) take a book out read the code on recent military retirees and working in several states and next thing I know, my overall federal is reduced to only an additional 11K. My state goes from and additional 2.7K to a return of 400 and 900 bucks from two states I worked in. Those two saved me almost 4.5K. Volunteers.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt were Political Operatives in the Romney Campaign during the run-up to the 2008 election.

When it became OBVIOUS that McCain had Won the Nomination – AND Romney had not, they migrated to and were Absorbed BY The McCain Campaign.

Their primary function after joining The McCain Campaign – was in persuading McCain to name ROMNEY as the VP Candidate – THAT was their Best Chance At POWER!

When McCain picked Palin – Wallace and Schmidt went about SABOTAGING the McCain Campaign and PARTICULARLY Sarah Palin.

THAT’s why there were WARNINGS of Sarah’s Media Savaging WEEKS and nearly MONTHS before it happened.

“Back Stab”!!!

williamg on March 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Not so banned:

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Just posted on the Obama CBS Poll thread.

M240H on March 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Strange they would take down his comment without banning him. My bad.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Perhaps he could manage Olympia Snowe’s retirement plans.

2Tru2Tru on March 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

rubberneck on March 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Your magic underwear is slowly strangling your brain..:)

idesign on March 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM